[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #612: Windows to the Soul Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44047339
>>
File: through the wormhole.jpg (74 KB, 540x391) Image search: [Google]
through the wormhole.jpg
74 KB, 540x391
>>44065239
But our decade was nearly up. We had stopped marking calendars or scratching walls to tell the time awhile but we were always aware of time's passage. Mairwen's internal clock ticked away across our shared consciousness.

So after one more visit to Whiterun we made our way south, telling our trade partners we were returning to the deserts of home and thanked them for their business. We pulsed the Dragonborn once more with the item we hadn't used in years but they did not respond. Some say he was off in Solstheim, so he might have been out of range. It would have been nice to say goodbye.

When we set 'camp' on the eve of our expected transfer; Mairwen, Chardent, and I took first watch while the others retired to their rooms in the haven bag. We talked for a time, chuckled at flittering dreams passing through one friend or another's mind. Then sleep came, slow and drowsy as we fell asleep under open sky next to a crackling fire.

When I awoke however it was to ice and steel. A small floating geometric thing floated in front of me, it was rambling something but I paid it little attention as I reflexively tried to draw in breath and found I couldn't. I looked around wildly, then caught sight of myself through one of Mairwen's case cameras. A robotic figure with no need to breathe.

That was going to take some getting used to. However I was also relieved that Mairwen had the quick thinking to revert to their laptop form in this airless environment and warning the rest of our friends to stay inside the bag and for someone to seal it with a barrier spell before all the air escaped.

A second sigh of relief echoed across the mind when I re-entered. For a few bare seconds I'd been out of the mind - an event that hadn't happened since we'd been linked. It had been worrying. Ariel and Mairwen focused on poking and prodding this reality through Mairwen's extra-universal power port to figure out the basis of this world's spell code binary.
>>
>>44065538
Bad things can get in through a window, you know.

See no evil.
>>
>>44065538
Simple eyes best eyes.

Blue or bust
>>
>>44065284
So it's more like the Infamous ball thing for powers except with Souls?
>>
Hey Ninanon, for Lava Release, instead of the regular flavour of it, can I or my Companion take that Mizukage's version of it that created Corrosive Mud?
>>
>>44065570
>blue
>not green

Pleeeb!
>>
>>44065629
Snape please go, you're being creepy

Well, creepier than normal.
>>
>>44065538
eye close my eyes and seize it...
>>
>>44065685
aye donut think ewe spelled that wright
>>
If you jump Commorragh and take Power from Pain, but you don't use it over the course of the jump, either by just straight not turning it on or by shapeshifting into a form that doesn't use it like a DE form would, do you still have to deal with Princess Thirsty?
>>
>>44065801
It's a drawback with the power, changing your form won't be enough, not to mention that it's connected to your soul, not your body, you need a soulstone to negate it. Or I think the Castlevania perk, Power of Dominance should do it.
>>
>>44065801
>Power from Pain
Just don't take it, it's not that great of a power anyway.
>>
>>44065801
Yes. She has a claim on your soul no matter what just from being an Eldar.
>>
File: exo.jpg (79 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
exo.jpg
79 KB, 400x543
>>44065550
I'd help out as well, having a better way to connect to each universe's primordial chaos but first I awaited the flood of memories that usually came with a new MythOS. Then I kept waiting, till the little geometric robot hanging around my head who had been soldiering on with his little speech despite my inattention said something that caught my attention, "You've been dead. You probably don't remember much."

Well shit. Guess that explains it.

I sat up a little straighter. This robotic shell I'm in had died, probably a long long time ago. This 'Ghost' revived it - and me along with it. Something about The Traveller's light and Guardians which I now was, the fall of humanity to the Darkness...

It was all very vague, I got the idea it didn't really know all that much either outside its scripted speeches. But I got up and retrieved Chardent, who had been wordlessly yelling into an airless room. I could feel the vibrations in my arm now, I'd have to figure out a way to translate them at some point if this was going to be a common occurrence - or give my sword a breath mask and a radio.

The Ghost then spun some sort of armor and weapons together from debris and 'glimmer.' He apologized that they were the best he could do with the limited resources. There was a pause as if it was deciding what to do next as I looped a piece of fabric into a makeshift belt for Chardent sheathe to hang off of. I hefted the one of the rifles Ghost had fabricated for me as it began floating off, tittering about a damaged space craft that could get us to Earth.

We went back and forth as we walked with simple questions and answers. I learned I was in Jupiter's orbit, on the moon Europa. That this was a ways beyond how far Guardians - and Ghosts - usually roamed. It was once a major shipyard before the war with the Darkness but time, ice, the Fallen, and possibly the Jovians had left every ship it had found in disrepair.
>>
File: I've Lost Control Of My Chain.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost Control Of My Chain.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44065801
If you're in a 40k verse you're gonna have to deal with princess thirsty if you've jumped commoragh prior. The drawback of that perk goes away, but the race fundamentally has one foot over an ever thirsting void, and the rest of their kind mutilating the other one. You'll need some kind of soul protection as mentioned earlier to avoid that deal, but by then you have bigger problems. As an aside, ease up on the dark hallowing the place or you're likely to have a bad time.
>>
>>44066291
>As an aside, ease up on the dark hallowing the place or you're likely to have a bad time.
>explainexplain.dlk
>>
>>44066291
So jumping Eldar after Commorragh is a bad idea?
>>
Does anyone know which jump had the perk that lets you slide between in-jump universes? It was some kind of mecha anime IIRC.
>>
>>44066395
Asura Cryin.
>>
>>44066390
Literally everything associated with Commorragh is a bad idea. The Dark Eldar are "That was a bad idea how do we make it worse" incarnate.
>>
>>44066390
Eldar are probably gonna get a free soulstone so no. That's what stops them from having to deal with her.
>>
>>44066504
If the soulstone is all you need to be safe, don't you get one if you land in Shaa-Dom?
>>
>>44066527
Shaa-Dom is also in the actual fucking warp, where actual demons actually are to actually wreck your face and wrench your soul from your body instead of metaphysically nibbling its pieces.
>>
>>44066544
Ah. So, teleport out immediately is what you're saying?
>>
>>44066558
Do you have a cross dimensional teleport? A simple place-to-place won't help you.
>>
File: outrageous fortune.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
outrageous fortune.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>44066106
It took a half hour's trip through narrows and crevasses through dark tunnels. Ghost lit the way with blue light as I followed. I held my gun at the ready but it assured me that it was highly unlikely we'd encounter anything or anyone this deep into the moon - that most of the scavengers preferred to scrape the surface where the tidal action shifted and exposed new pieces of the old shipyards and reclaimed others.

It was right and when we emerged from the last tangle of steel and ice we entered into a larger cavity where the remains of a greater dock and repair facility was. Machinery and piping long ruptured without climate control and maintenance. The ships had crashed from their hoists into the ground, stressed and bent at unfortunate angles. Ghost led me to one ship in particular, a white and blue painted vessel it claimed was the least damaged one it could find. Unfortunately that was like picking the prettiest Muk from a trash heap.

I queried if we could get it working by salvaging parts from other ships. It began giving me diagnostics, read outs, long lists of required parts, and tools we'd need. I had to cut it off, unless it could point out where they were and we could fit them in a couple hours, I had a more urgent problem.

I turned and started making my way back through the dark debris strewn fields. I began unscrewing the lens off one of the cameras that served as my eyes and it flashed. The familiar swirling, flickering orange light escaped. My field of view was temporarily cut in half but I needed the light to see where I was going while Ghost argued in the darkness that we should begin repairs and the search for parts immediately.

When I returned to the room in which I'd left Mairwen and the haven bag I noted a few things about it. It was barely bigger than a studio apartment, looked like it had been some sort of break room before whatever had happened to this placed, happened.
>>
If you somehow manage to punch out "She Who Thirsts" and take her place on the Chaos pantheon would you be trapped in the jump forever since you ascended to godhood?
>>
File: Harry Potter 1.6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter 1.6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Figured I should post these again as they (Harry Potter mostly) may change a few builds and people tend not to notice updates. Companion imports have been changed and in Futurama's case added.
>>
File: Futurama 1.3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Futurama 1.3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44066728
>>
File: ASoIaF 1.3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ASoIaF 1.3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44066755
>>
For Servants from the Fate series, I know age is a factor, but will I be seriously fucked if I decide to summon someone from the 19th/20th centuries? Like, say, Che Guevera, or Mad Jack Churchill?
>>
>>44066962
Past the 1900s, people kind of stopped becoming Servants. So you probably wouldn't be able to get those two.
>>
>>44066962
You won't be fucked, but it just can't be done.
>>
>>44067003
>>44067009
Well shit, there goes my plans.
>>
File: europa.jpg (7 MB, 6120x2304) Image search: [Google]
europa.jpg
7 MB, 6120x2304
Rolled 189 (1d490)

>>44066689
Fortunately it was largely intact. Walls were without too many holes from the ice. I wrenched some steel paneling off a nearby hallway and covered the 'door' to the room. I meanwhile asked the baffled Ghost to scan the room for places that if it were filled with air, it would leak from.

I pulled Chardent from his scabbard and placed the eye on my helmet. I asked for him to burn hotly to which he immediately ignited, searing my helmet and leaving dark marks of heat warped metal. I could feel him laughing as I used the heat to melt ice around the sheet metal then freezing it in place with a bit of minor destruction magicka. Soon enough the small room was airtight.

The next step had been confirmed while we were working, that a spell could be compiled in this MythOS based on a sort of light/dark binary system. I opened Mairwen's lid and found the prompt already largely filled along the lines of one of our standardized spellcodes (Diver's Reprieve). I helped make some adjustments to the spell's content as Mairwen prepared her port to draw the larger quantity of chaos than her usual power needs required. Then it was compiled, and run. A whistling screech manifested the spell, filling the room with a breathable atmosphere.

I closed Mairwen's lid and they reverted to their webgoblin form. From within the haven bag the barrier spell was ended. We went down the ladder within the bag. Halfway in, I beckoned to Ghost. It floated tentatively over the opening, completely confused by the happenings it had just witnessed. I yanked it within.

The sight of a larger-on-the-inside bag that was decorated like a comfortable if cramped home for a collection of cat-people was definitely a shock. If I hadn't been holding onto it I'm sure it'd have dropped to the floor in shock.

Introductions were made around, Ghost - Cadwgan, Ariel, Arawn, Ffion, Ronan, Bran, Aderyn and you've already sorta met Mairwen, Chardent, and myself - Jacqueline. You must have a lot of questions.
>>
File: Not Again.png (246 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Not Again.png
246 KB, 480x480
>>44066328
The dark hallow is black magic, which in Dresden terms means it corrupts your soul, and makes you more prone to doing the thing. Until you reach the when all you have is a hammer scenario. You are in a state of being where you now need to inflict as much pain as possible to survive, and your sense of good is dampened dramatically. Doing this is going to be the tiny snowball rolling down a mountain, and rapidly picking up speed on the way down.

Commoragh is a city that compared to a hive world is a mountain beside an ant hill. It is the Dark Eldar capital with a population greater than entire star systems. It achieves this by being a vast multitude of portal nodes bringing together countless satellites into one collective whole. The Webway. Which also just so happens to be a very thin layer directly over the warp.

So to perform this ritual you ordinarily need to wait for Halloween, when the barrier is weakest between the spirit world and real. In addition you need to gather a mass amount of negative emotion, souls, and surround yourself with negative energy. When this happens it's gonna pull in all the life energy for miles unless you have necromantic energy surrounding you. Given this is Commoragh, and that the warp is the spirit world equivalent you don't even need to wait.

With me so far? This is where it starts to become a Bad Idea. See it isn't really hard to perform the ritual, and if you make use of portals you can even get the entire city in one go if you do the prep work. Issue is you're gonna get way more chaos than you'd be bargaining for.

Issue one is killing that many Eldar is going to get Slaanesh's attention. All those souls going into her maw because of one individual? Slaanesh senpai has now noticed you. This also has a chance of tearing down that thin layer separating you from the warp. Hope you have the ability to deal with those repercussions and run.

To Be Continued...
>>
File: Nobunaga.png (351 KB, 512x724) Image search: [Google]
Nobunaga.png
351 KB, 512x724
>>44067031
Nobunaga is Best Servant.
>>
File: Screams Interally.jpg (120 KB, 728x690) Image search: [Google]
Screams Interally.jpg
120 KB, 728x690
>>44067111
So you're going to do it just once? Go back to the snowball situation. It isn't going to stop with just once. Plus you're likely to have gained the attention of Vect, and depending on his reaction you might need more power to survive. Happens again, and keeps on snowballing. Eventually you're back at the whole sacrificing all of Commoragh scenario again.

Despite what you might think, this becomes worse if you have Dark Binding. Since you're killing all of these Eldar you have the potential to grab all of those souls. (Disclaimer that while I know that in series Alucard gets it from drinking blood, the perk description doesn't go into requirements beyond killing. This is a walkthrough of a bad idea to begin with.) Which has now absolutely gotten Slaan's attention. Plus despite having their psychic abilities atrophy, Eldar still have some as beings with souls. You might just hit critical mass here, and end up becoming a nascent god of chaos yourself which now has everyone's attention. This is, understandably, a Very Bad Thing Happening To You.

So lets say you survive all of the above in some manner or another. Well now the only city where you won't be killed just for being an Eldar is gone, and the craft worlds won't take you in for sure. Even if you're not a CG? You need to keep running from Slaanesh and never stop. Snowball keeps rolling and you're going to end up devouring everything in your path like some a spookier tyranid fleet but with souls/lives

tl;dr You're gonna have a bad time. Just don't.
>>
Question:

Is it me or are the most expensive items in X-Com jump, like Skyranger, MEC suit or Gene Mods... kinda useless to buy when you can just get them during the jump?

Hell I think it applies to any items in that jump except for the "Get companions" options.

The good thing in that jump, though, is that the tactical perks and even the other perks imply that you got the skills to do the thing. That "You" before your incarnation here got jumper memories got these skills or something. So you would keep these skills to LoT due to them being skill and memory based.
>>
>>44067183
Welcome to the issue with items.
>>
>>44067234
Yeaaah.

You can get items mid-jump. That makes them useless.

Or forces the jump makers to make the items you can buy through the CP be SPECIAL, be the type of stuff you couldn't get.
>>
>>44067251
Largely the point cost for items is the 'insurance' that you pretty much can't permanently lose it in later jumps. Its plot armored now.
>>
>>44067282
This.
>>
>>44066962
Hmm, is it possible to get more Servants somehow? I don't mean the other Masters', your own.

Fate/extra and /stay night can net you one apiece, is that all?
>>
File: Admiral Yi Sun-sin.jpg (2 MB, 1782x2646) Image search: [Google]
Admiral Yi Sun-sin.jpg
2 MB, 1782x2646
>>44067112
>not the guy who made a fool of Nobunaga's successor and is undisputed master of the seas
>>
>>44067340
That's all until we get Grand Order.
>>
>>44067183
What >>44067282 said.
Supposedly, you could just steal Sahelanthropus yourself, but some enterprising young hero might detonate it in the next jump you hit, and you'd lose it forever. When you buy an item there's the implication that you'll somehow be able to retain/repair/regain the item no matter what.

As well, consumables that are used as items are often regenerating, and sometimes items are given special powers you couldn't get elsewhere, like the Cane in nine-to-five, or the painkillers from Generic Medical Drama.
>>
>>44067369
For most of the techy stuff I just use the Blueprints (Razzle Dazzle) and Scanner (Iji). With tech perks you can then code your own.

It's the magic stuff I'm worried about...
>>
>>44067354
>Nobunaga's successor
Exactly.
>>
So, with SoAnon / Lycoris gone now, is it... kosher if I choose to go to Team Four Star's Machinabridged version?
>>
>>44067450
Is that an option in jump? No? Should be pretty obvious. Sides, they didn't make FF7.
>>
>>44067450
Just retain a 0CP fanfiction drawback, that should do the job.
>>
Since I am unimaginative and tired, could someone toss me a big plot twist for the Sequence Breaking drawback in Legend of Zelda for the Twilight era
>>
Who's your most powerful companion, /jc/?

I ended up picking up Ophis in High School DxD when I joined the Khaos Brigade. Except they were all assholes with their own plans so I had to create my own little faction inside of it to actually do what the founder (Ophis) wanted.

So yeah I ended up saving her when the other bits turned on her and she just followed my group around. While I never managed to get Big Red to get out of her place, I somehow managed to convince her that home is where you make it. She took it as me inviting her along for the multiversal adventure.

The sad part is that even though she got her powers taken she's still stronger than me. The joys of being a diplomancer I suppose.
>>
>>44067664
Suddenly Vaati.
>>
>>44067664
The Oocoo have an agenda of their own. That's why there's one in every dungeon, they're hunting for the quest items, too. The plan is to use the Fused Shadows to free them from the deformed shapes they've been cursed into, then take over the surface world and exile all the Hylians to the Twilight Realm with the Mirror of Twilight. Eventually they realize that it's easier to just wait for you to collect all the pieces they need, and then act. This starts with them subtly manipulating things to put you in the right place at the right time, but when you get to the City In the Sky they betray you openly, and instead of Argorok you have to fight a giant Twilight Mega-Oocoo.
>>
>>44067679
9-5 Assistant
>>
>>44067679
Right now? My PMD partner, Billy. He's a Gogoat.

He's also my only Compnion, and just helped get me to 15th place in the Steel Ball Run.
>>
>>44067679
...Probably The Boss, though Alucard comes a close second.
>>
>>44067679
Anna, a Bolshevik assassin I worked with during the Assassin's Creed jump relatively early in my chain. She decided to come along, and I didn't want her to lag behind in terms of non-squishyness, so I kept buying her perks and teaching her things I learned, and hiring magic tutors where I could and...

Well, she could probably overthrow most of nations of europe singlehandedly now.
>>
So I'm just getting back into jumpchain, and either I've become way more of a coward or I overlooked some major threats before. For instance, I was doing Harry Potter when it occurred to me that, while I wouldn't be in danger particularly frequently, and that there weren't necessarily that many baddies to deal with, the baddies have unblockable instant-death rays.

So, fellow yellow-bellies, any recommended starter jumps to ready oneself for bigger existential threats?
>>
>>44068030
For my chain, I used Megaman X to help solve squishyness early on.
One can get near tank like durability and slow repair nanomachines. So long as one is careful, it's not that hard. Course, I also took Infamous and Kingsmen for some combat skills before that.

Personally, I think Terminator could be a good power boost jump with little threat. Choose a Terminator race and have your location be 1980 or 1990, and you'll only have one Terminator to deal with. In exchange, you get a bulletproof body that can break through concrete walls. And, unlike say Robocop cybernetics, you still blend in with humans.
>>
>>44068030
Pokemon, Mushoku Tensei (anti magic eye and good jump all around), Cho Aniki (enforce normality and good for getting huge), Samurai Jack (Treasure Hunter gets you utility), FF Tactics (for a no sell some status effects), EVO (pays dividends later with invasive species and Gaia path), Narnia (for drop in tree and other nifty things).

Note these could become far, far worse than HP depending on drawbacks taken but...much the same could be said of all jumps.
>>
>>44068030
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. You pretty much can't die unless you take drawbacks or go to the Jagds, and it has a hilariously underpriced perk that makes you immune to Avada Kedavra AND Imperio.
>>
File: ready to serve.jpg (137 KB, 850x1203) Image search: [Google]
ready to serve.jpg
137 KB, 850x1203
>>44067679
Any of my PAS Duo are of the same strength, so one of them."PAS" as an acronym for "Powered Armor System" and "Duo" for "a pair" since any one of those is a combination of and equal to two PAS. Pas is also a step in dancing, so PAS Duo is a paired step.

They're both just two different levels of the same thing being tinker made with more than half of the shard abilities form Worm in some form. They're otherwise maids (PAS) and butlers (PAS Duo) that are, with little exception, incapable of turning on me. Any one is almost guarantied to be stronger than most main hero protagonists of the various jump worlds.
>>
>>44068147
>>44068192
I think I might actually grab vampiric reflexes from Twilight, then pop back to Harry Potter prepped to dodge all those unblockable hexes. I don't really have any objections with the world of Twilight itself, and it seems pretty benign as long as you don't have a deathwish.
>>
If the maker of Monster Hunter is still around, does Whisperer work at all with domesticated animals?
>>
File: Optimus Armor.jpg (196 KB, 690x994) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Armor.jpg
196 KB, 690x994
>>44067679
Optimus Prime. To the point where he could possibly be considered more the Jumper than I.
>>
>>44067679
I always laugh at the people who are SO submissive they need a companion to be stronger than them and lead them around by the hand, like they're too pathetic to even imagine doing anything on their own or having any value.
>>
File: 1439116732437.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439116732437.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>44068679
The is literally nothing wrong with being a fucboi.
>>
>>44068679
>submissive need strong companion to hold hand.
>ignoring that said strong people listen to this one weak guy.
>>
>>44067679
Malefor from LoSS

He's become like a friendlier Tzeentch/Doctor Doom in dragon form. The strongest mage and clever planner in the group. And yet still strong enough to manhandle buildings. Also the most heroic of the group. Mostly charged with taking care of an idiot jumper too. PROTIP: Me.

I kinda gave him omnicompetence, and a Fate/stay wish post jump.
>>
>>44064034
Fear not, I'm not foolish enough to seek the name. Merely a curious man asking curious questions. Why seek something you already know?

Tons of Fallen London spoilers ahead, but this is what I meant by all the questions.

The question you ask after getting a certain ending in Sunless Sea. Weirdly, it's not the Mr. Eaten one even though it involves going as far north as anyone can.

This was generic and could be anything.

The question you ask after learning a particular train line runs to Hell, but supposedly also never ends. Basically "What comes beyond Hell?"

The question you ask after you learn that Devils are possibly lamplighter bees, and one goes to put honey in its tea.

The question you ask after you reach the bottom of a certain mail-themed pit in Sunless Sea. Frankly it's one of the most inexplicable things in that game. The Mr. Eaten ending is clearer than that.

The question you ask after you realize not only that the Vake is a master, but that Mr. Wines is helping him for some reason.

Bluh bluh clear "delicious friend" reference.

An Adaptionator is a device from the Princess Bride that adapts anything into the best version of that thing that exists in the multiverse, as per request. So if you put in the Princess Bride script and said "video game," it would give you the best Princess Bride video game made anywhere. In any of an infinite number of universes.

That question was referencing the Bazaar creating Jack to foster love stories, then finding out they don't work because they're "artificial." The Adaptionator wouldn't have that problem because the stories it's pulling are real, just not from this universe. So it's the question you ask the Bazaar after it's agreed to buy it from you. What is it willing to pay? Fallen London itself, or simply a massive pile of gold?

This was, of course, a question to an uncertain nobody. Mr. Sacks is simply a font of information!
>>
File: Malefor.png (431 KB, 800x868) Image search: [Google]
Malefor.png
431 KB, 800x868
>>44068777
Forgot to post image dang it.
>>
How bad of an idea would it be to use power on Dracula in Castelvania what would a dice roller for that be like ?
>>
File: Dont Spook Me.jpg (42 KB, 320x331) Image search: [Google]
Dont Spook Me.jpg
42 KB, 320x331
>>44067364
>Implying you'll get the servant you want in Grand Order

Chaldea is fucking busted and you know it. You'll get your Fat Caesar or Saber Gilles and you'll like it
>>
>>44068679
>Gathering powerful minions is being submissive
And here, anons, we see a classic example of what is perhaps best known as "shit management."
>>
>>44068876
grand order jump when?
>>
>>44067111
>>44067126

See, a while ago I floated the question of 'What would occur if I genocide-spell'ed the Dark Eldar in Commoragh' and I basically got the 'go right ahead' reaction when I was expecting... well... more what you just described.

...honestly, this is a problem. And, y'know, that reading of Dark Binding never occurred to me before.

Son of a bitch. I don't want to become a Chaos God.
>>
>>44068940
Arguably not for a long time, its kinda a mess right now and the plot has barely started. Its a mobile game so updates take forever
>>
>>44068853
Power of dominace my bad
>>
>>44067679
Well, my Ship Girls by this point do mount world-destroying weaponry(in the form of a few special missle warheads), so...

Not that they have much cause to use it, but man, all that AA fire is so nice when I just want some time to think.
>>
File: 1444399745339.png (14 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444399745339.png
14 KB, 600x600
>>44068853
>Trying to out do the OG with his own power
>>
>>44067664
The Twili are actually evil and Zant was the good guy the whole time. Midna played everyone like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>44069037
Welp here we go again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-sJRTG4YI
>>
>>44069018
Crazier things have happened just asking would that be a DC of 95 or something
>>
File: 1448688436935.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1448688436935.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>>44069085
Stack willpower and anti-corruption to hell and back. And that might lower it to DC 85. If not nothing less than a perfect 100/100.
>>
>>44068943
Just do it, you only jump once.
>>
>>44069165
Not really, Dracula's not freaking Cthulhu or anything. Powerful sure, but not even hellsing Alucard levels really.
>>
>>44069188
Thing is, the Power of Dominance is literally HIS thing besides the whole vampire status. Sure, your version is far more reliable by (presumably/hopefully) being powered by the Benefactor, but Dracula's comes from Chaos and shit might get weird once you cross the streams.
>>
>>44069165
Alright I'll roll and test my luck
>>
>>44069227
>Thing is, the Power of Dominance is literally HIS thing

Sshhh, shhhh, don't bring logic into this.
>>
>>44068962
Not counting that it's barely translated by english speaking fans.
>>
>>44067340
Theoretically couldn't you jump Fate/Jumpchain for one of the earlier grail wars, and then use a return trip to return for another one and manually go through the process of summoning one and podding them?

I mean, it's expensive. costing a return and a pod is a steep price, but it ought to work.
>>
>>44068467

Also, the Blightproof perk from Monster Hunter makes you "immune to all forms of blight from elemental attacks". Would that do anything in other jumps?
>>
>>44068962
This cold arguably be a good reason. After all, more time for the Jump creator to write updates and get caught up.
>>
>>44069353
And more time for the creator to handle things if shit gets absolutely crazy.
>>
>>44069353
No one's even claimed Grand Order, there's no creator in place right now.
>>
>>44069437
Uh, yeah, duh. This is all...I think theoretical is the word i want.
>>
>>44069326
In theory you could do that for the fourth and fifth wars, but like you said you would have to pod the servant from the fifth war. That, of course, is assuming that you didn't butterfly the fifth war away/until later as well.
>>
>>44069437
Pretty sure it's basically going to be Valeria doing it when it's eventually stopped being so insane and the plot's finished
>>
Ya'll's are forgetting a detail for F/GO.

With the fact that the entire game is about collecting Servants, and the MC works with several over the course of that mess that's the plot?

Easiest fix is 'one Servant that's all you get,' but it's still going to be a huge bugbear regarding that jump's creation. Especially considering you always get a party of 3.
>>
>>44069694
Easy fix: Go to the generic Fate jump and Extra, get two different Servants, and get a third from Grand Order. Boom, team of three.
>>
>>44069709
People are still going to be expecting the chance to get multiple Servants in F/GO, is the thing.

Which is going to be just a fucking nightmare to balance.
>>
>>44069437
I've claimed it in advance, mostly out of acknowledging that I'll need to be involved in some way no matter what in the end. I am waiting for it to finish plot wise however, especially considering how it's already significantly different from normal Nasuverse.

>>44069694
Yes, one of the main annoyances. This >>44069709 wouldn't really work as most people go Servant themselves at least once, and would mean they'd have to be a Servant in G/O as well. Most likely it'll just end up as getting 3 new Servants, but you'd not be able to convert cp into sp, at least not for all 3. It's really the best way I can see handling it without making it too broken. Quantity over Quality basically I guess.
>>
>>44069740
>significantly different from normal Nasuverse.

I've heard it called 'Bill & Ted's Grail War.' How accurate is this? Is there really time travel?
>>
>>44069761
...eeeeeergh, maybe? It's Nasu so I'm barely understanding as is. Right now it is, but that could very well change to something even more ridiculous in the future.
>>
>>44069723
It's also a nightmare to build for. If I have to make 3 more original servants I'm going to go bald and end up stealing everyone else's builds.
>>
>>44069709
Some kind of "You have to have jumped these before you can jump this" kind of thing? I like it.

Also: is it possible to figure out how Aoko gained the Fifth Magic in Tsukihime, and then do the First Holy Grail war and claim the Fifth in that universe? Or even just claim it in a different world? that would be stupid if you could, tbqh
>>
I wonder is it wrong to use Unholy Heights to change BB's gender, along with Venom Snake's? Solid & Liquid aren't full clones, more like clone sons with half their DNA belonging to someone else. So, they'll remain male. The Boss was female still.

I do this because Venom becomes a companion. Also having a rough female really balances my Dragonair Pokepartner. She's really girly.
>>
>>44069822
I believe the only just use of it is re-writing the nasuverse's historical figures back to their actual genders.
>>
>>44069822
Solid and Liquid are full clones, they just express different genetic traits of Big Boss. One expresses all his dominant genes, and the other all his recessive genes. They look different, but that's merely an external factor. Happens in identical twins as well, since the environment can affect what genes are expressed.
>>
>>44069740
if you're lucky /jc/ will end before the main plot of grand order does
>>
File: just fuck my shit up senpai.jpg (309 KB, 800x290) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up senpai.jpg
309 KB, 800x290
>>44069991
Well unfortunately my suffering comes first since we're finally getting Scatchatch and I have no quartz or tickets to speak of
>>
Babylon, how well would this plan work for Light of Terra: A Day at the Races?

>Take enough schema to be an assassin par excellence, with a specialty in quick, close to medium ranged shooting
>Take needle rifle and profeciency
>Take Da Speedy Racer drawback
>Snipe him out of his car at a critical moment.
>Have a moment of lost confidence. What the hell is all of this for if I'm some weirdass assassin now?
>Seriously. I used to play this army back on Earth. Orks were fun. Now I'm murdering them.
>Dramatically regain confidence when will to survive takes over.
>Reenact the end of the Speed Racer movie exactly, including the track blurring out and winning in a massive electrical explosion.

>Get da zog out of 'dere.
>>
>>44067679
>Most powerful
In what capacity? My group specializes
Chimmy and Gotsu are the meatshields/warriors of the group. They could outfight me 9 times out of 10. Falco is the assassin and witch. Lex is the tech-guy, and I heal, provide transport, and manipulate destiny.
>>
>>44070192
rest in peace, Scathach and Diarmuid's stats came out and both are niche tier
>>
Quick! Let's post bad ideas for a Jump.
Shark Tank.
>>
File: absolutely haram.jpg (72 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutely haram.jpg
72 KB, 531x471
>>44070670
>>
>>44070670
Wait, like being an investor on shark tank? That actually sounds like an amazing gauntlet.

Euro Truck Simulator
>>
>>44070670
Rogue Legacy.
>>
>>44070670
Suggsverse.
>>
>>44070709
>The game about dying
Yeah i guess that would have problems

>>44070670
hello kitty's island adventure
>>
>>44070670
Generic Talk Show Host. Bee Movie. Jumper vs. Jenny Everywhere Supplement.
>>
>>44070670
Starbound

Fuck that dev team with every cactus in Arizona.
>>
>>44070697
If people want it, I'll write it. The goal could be to make a certain amount of good investments over one "season" without them being stolen or going bad. Guest sharks from other fictional settings! A sixth sense for things relating to business! The ability to have a version of the Shark Tank pop up in every universe for you or other people who need money, somehow always improving the local economy even though real economics is more complex!

A whole set of perks around being Kevin O'Leary! Esoteric wine and mythology knowledge, creative insult generation, and the ability to outdo Satan himself at crafting deals which profit you enormously and barely let other people survive.

>>44070697
A whole "generic simulator jump" could work if it was tongue-in-cheek.

>>44070709
>>44070715
Good ones!

>>44070736
This could work as a joke or as drawback in South Park that makes you Butters.

Edge of Tomorrow.
>>
>>44070757
Well, shit, I thought it had promise. What happened?
>>
File: rcv.png (227 KB, 289x400) Image search: [Google]
rcv.png
227 KB, 289x400
>>44070670
With all this talk of Comorragh and no lewd bad, hows about this?
>>
File: 1446063832777.png (4 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
1446063832777.png
4 KB, 300x163
>>44070715
>jumpchan drops us off
>she gets gimped by a supreme triple omnipotent who can control other omnipotents
>>
>>44070743
Those first two could be a crossover! Jenny's only been in a couple of stories according to TvTropes so a Jumper would stomp her. Unless she's taken as a companion to fulfill her dreams of traveling the multiverse.

>>44070757
Fuck yes, that game was wholesale graft.
>>
File: no 2.jpg (5 KB, 209x120) Image search: [Google]
no 2.jpg
5 KB, 209x120
>>44070766
While it's an interesting setting: pic related.
>>
>>44070766
I dont know what this is but what the fuck is with that armor
>>
>>44070812
They're in Hell, it's metal enough to put 40k's chaos to shame, and the older you get, the younger you get. It's kind of silly. And by kind of, I mean SUPER silly.
>>
>>44070670
>Had an idea for a horrible jump for months
>Someone finally asks
>Can't remember
>>
>>44070774
The Drop-In Capstone would effectively be "That's not what Omnipotent Means you dipshit" which completely nullifies the powers of beings that are greater than Omnipotent.

Having that perk would be literally the only reason I would ever enter that setting.
>>
>>44070789
The character of Jenny Everywhere's power is suppose to be existing in "all possible realities" and shifting between them, somehow. I think I'll use her as a supporting character in the generic jumps or jumps without a lot of focus on characters in canon, actually. Could be fun.
>>
>>44070865
>Fanfiction shit
No.
>>
>>44070670
Jumpchain Jump.
It's a meta jump where you jump into the life of a jumper and all of the perks apply to all the rest of your jumps
>>
File: VNyk86k.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>44070886
>fanfiction shit
>>
>>44070670
>Shark Tank
>Going with the American version rather than any of the other 30 localized shows, like the original Tigers of Money or one of the Dragon's Den, of which Canada has two separate teams of investors for frenchies and anglos, or D-Day - the Czech version for your dose of bohemian slav hilarity.
>>
>>44070886
Do... do you not understand the point of jumpchain and what fanfiction is?
>>
>>44070974
Yes, but don't be dragging someone ELSES into this.
>>
>>44070980
>Implying I wouldn't change the Jump to have that as a Location option, because that's awesome.
>>
>>44070972
>Drop In Tree
Generic parkour/falling safely perk
Generic "stay yourself" perk
Generic "stop questions about who/what you are, where you came from etc" perk
Generic genre-savvy perk

>Eldritch Horror Jumper
Heightened senses perk, taste focused
Finding hidden people/things perk
Shapeshifting perk
Soulsight perk

>Waifu Jumper
Charisma perk
Stamina perk
Heightened senses perk, taste focu- er, power granting perk
Weakness sensing perk, psychology focused

>Non-specific perks
Generic theme/style perk
Paperwork+mathematics perk

>Gear
Pogo stick
>>
>>44071011
Meh, fair enough. It was a fun idea that will die with the others.
>>
File: Quest for Glory.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Quest for Glory.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I noticed this isn't on the drive. It looks neat but I downloaded it a month ago and haven't seen discussion since. So... yeah; this isn't mine but I'm reposting it.
>>
>>44070766
what setting is that?
>>
>>44071541
Looks like a WIP that sadly hasn't seen more work.
>>
>>44068786
>Fallen London stuff
Oh, I know about the Vake. I've been hunting him down. The trouble is motive. I still have no clue why he does it.

Didn't know that about the train, or the mail pit. Regular bees eat honey don't they.

The Bazaar didn't create Jack. The Masters were tired of waiting for stories to happen, so they thought that if they added some danger, people would hasten to create romance. Alas, Jack did not prove as effective, his jugular hunts as annoying as insect bites. Heck, Knife-And-Candle is basically murder tag.

I don't think your extra-universal media is good here, effendi.
>>
>>44070670
Baby Geniuses.
>>
File: antispiralcooking.jpg (138 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
antispiralcooking.jpg
138 KB, 900x665
>>44071771
By the way-regarding what we asked last time about gifts, it was mainly because we were wondering how to celebrate our wedding anniversary with the Judgments. Namely, through the formation of a series of Changeling Contracts with Pact Binder-probably three in fact, since in canon the Seasons have three separate contracts because each founder of the Courts defeated one of the Seasons in a certain manner. And the nature of our own relationship, while less violent, is still rather intimate for such a profound force of reality.

We don't think fireworks would cut it here, any idea what would be something truly as a quest in their name honoring their aspect(s), and a sacrifice?

Perhaps a mastercraft star-metal tiara forged from meteoric iron from a dozen worlds under the light of Judgement in the only place it shines under Neath?

Or the story of our bond written as a grand opera, composed as a Euclid SCP and sung with the Soulhymn as a leitmotif?

Or perhaps the skulls of the Calender Council smelted with the wreckage of their own superweapon, with the Correspondance for "Terrorist" branded upon their craniums?
>>
>>44071911
Buddy, appreciate your enthusiasm but I'm not as Deepest Lore as you are, especially when it comes to info thats usually behind paywalls.

What, like a Dyson ring, or some conceptual essence of fancy tiara?

Songs are always good.

The terrifying thing about CC et al isn't their superweapon. It's how easy it all was to put together. In another London, a surface London, THEY WON

And, uh, aren't C'tan solovores? Your relationship might make them more uncomfortable than you think.
>>
>>44070670
Butt-Ugly Martians.
>>
File: antispirals.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
antispirals.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>44071949
>paywalls

Oof, right. Found another game with a similar layout to Fallen London the other day actually. It was about plush hamsters eking out a living in a neolithic setting. Shit starts out cute and veers towards the macabre later on, as expected of Ursula Vernon.

Yes on both counts!

Noted. Of course Music of the Spheres would set a nice atmosphere.

>spoiler

Well, doesn't that vindicate our opinion on free will and striving to achieve greatness for its own sake?

Ah, we handled /that/ hurdle during Civ actually. Took several centuries of talking her around but hey, every relationship has a rough patch in it somewhere right? It helps that, technically, we aren't in fact a C'tan. We did aspire to become one before LoT but...well, life got in the way. Regardless, we're fully capable of providing our own sustenance instead of mooching off the materium.

At any rate, as far as we know before they were activated by the Necrontyr the C'tan's feeding didn't have noticeably adverse effects on the stars themselves. The radiation inflicted on the Necrontyr homeworld was more like methane from cows or something.
>>
>>44072038
Ah, cryptic stitching, good times. All the polished Storynexus games are worth a look see. I recommend Winterstrike for its brevity, and Zero Summer for its atmosphere.

Huh, how did you manage that?
Yup.
That it's dangerous and should be put in better hands?
Right.
Well, wishing you the best with your plasmatic partner.

Anyway, does one have to really do their homework/be familiar with multiple settings to get up to ridiculous Well of infinity/Roboswarm of Waddles/I pull a fractal midget levels of jump, like you and other big names from the early hundreds?
>>
>>44072099
well have you ever had a chain that hit 400 jumps long yet? There are plenty of things from obscure settings that most people will outright ignore because they don't jump settings they're unfamiliar with, so to an extent, the answer is yes.
>>
>>44072099
Not particularly if you find the right combination of stuff, like perks or items or in setting stuff. Think Val managed to hit that level in something like 5 or 6 jumps with her combo.
>>
>>44072122
I keep getting sidetracked with placement after 20 jumps, then start all over. Now there's hundreds of the things! And old ones need revision or the ongoing canon reveals new things gripe gripe gripe
>Just Jumper things

>>44072127
I've noticed that the jumps I've made could make someone a perfect defense penetrating dancing assassin and its hilarious.
>>
>>44070757
>>44070789
Whats wrong with Starbound?
>>
>>44072161
If you're only ever getting to 20 jumps to begin with I don't think you ever really need to think in terms of the long game like ASA, Red and some others.

A lot of people can't ever get past 100 jumps because they feel that they've already hit a maximum in terms of perks, as in there's nothing a new jump can offer them because they've done everything already. To go into the long game you need a sort of mindset in itself.
>>
>>44072099
Quick question:

Can a companion imported via Fellow Boarders also obtain two free Connections, or are they not worthy of getting an in with the various factions at the claws of Mr. Spices?
>>
>>44072165
The devs released it to Early Access, took the money, and fucking booked it.
>>
>>44072242
Unfortunately Mr Spices was very specific that only you gained two for free.

Heck, Fallen London jump is great for people who want to be showered with freebies, but there's limits.

>>44072254
that's a shame
>>
>>44072254
...What? The game is still getting updates. There was literally an update yesterday.
>>
>>44072261
>Unfortunately Mr Spices was very specific that only you gained two for free.

Thank you for the quick answer.
>>
>>44072279
Terrible, half-assed updates without any of the promised content.
>>
>>44072291
The last update was literally about combat, there are several new areas that definitely weren't there when i first bought the game there are pets on the ship...

You are wrong dude.
>>
>>44072099
Well, mainly by recounting several of our exploits in the past. That time we aided Madoka in shattering entropy. Our assistance to the Planetary Consciousnesses of Ar Tonelico. Our alliance with several divine personifications against unruly upstarts. All communicated through the medium of interpretive dance, of course.

Spot on.

Thank you!

And...well, as the saying goes: You don't have to be an obsessive addict for reading things to play here, but it helps! Certain settings do tend to contribute more than others depending on how precisely you define "ridiculous", such as Supreme Commander, either of the Fates if you wish to become a Servant and Ar Tonelico to an extent.

Huh, is there a version of Godwin's Law specifically for Worm? Wildbow's Law?
>>
>>44068853
>>44068974
Doesn't power of dominance make you immune to having your soul stolen? How are you planning to steal the soul of someone immune to having his soul stolen?
>>
>>44072337
Yakuza, how long have you been following it? Been there since the start? Paid them money with the first notkickstarter? Had anything to do with the dev team on their twitter, forum, or steam? How much do you know about what they promised or what was expected? Play any similar games?
>>
>>44072357
I guess the trick would be to slay Dracula, and then as part of the "attempt to gain mastery over its soul" process, convince him that you being in charge of his soul is something he actually *wants*.
>>
>>44072428
Had the game for a while, since the time when you had to fight the penguin to get off the planet.
>>
>>44072349
Wildbow's Law:

Anything that can go wrong (in a fight against Skitter) will go wrong?
>>
>>44072337
>just added combat
>game is still an empty husk of content promised three years ago that limps along on unstable builds that add little
The devs broke too many promises, lack any transparency, and in 2014 destroyed any good will they had. Starbound is part of the long line of, 'don't fund early access shit.'
>>
>>44072512
Then man I hate to say it, but if you haven't been involved as deeply as some people you just are not going to get why.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 800x1119) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 800x1119
Ok so Assassination Classroom. I'll be changing up the Underachiever capstone. To something about studying while doing something else. Like playing videogames, and applying these skills to practical use.

Maybe, depends on what y'all submit. If you do have something I would appreciate if you put it into a perk description.

As for the ending. I'll add something about the real ending, where the world doesn't explode because he has less than 1%. If you do manage to kill him, you'd gain "God of Death" title & the reward. Also the jump would extend by another year, so you have chance to spend the money. If you can survive the other assassins gunning for you, or the government wishing to take you out. I'll probably edit the jump soonish, maybe in the next few weeks. Maybe sooner, depending on my mood.
>>
>>44072573
>anything

Do note that this extends to ALL participants, up to and including Skitter.

>>44072510
"What is a vampire? A miserable little pile of GET IN MAH BELLEH"

I...somehow don't see that going over well with big D. Anyway, I assume the "chaos" Drac apparently got his power from is something akin to the Lord of Nightmares from Slayers?
>>
>>44072721
>implying that the less than 1% chance won't happen anyway because of dramatic
>>
>>44072740
>I...somehow don't see that going over well with big D.
Hey, I'm not saying it's likely or even possible, but it's the only route I could think of achieving it.
>>
>>44072740
To my understanding, it's basically the primordial chaos - the darkness when the world was emptiness before God created light. Regardless, we know it's the root of ALL creatures of darkness.

Goes down pretty easily when Soma fights it, though.
>>
>>44067679
Probably Fem!Accelerator. Her ability is absurdly broken, but I did actually get married to her in the later years of the Jump, so I'm -pretty- sure she won't default to trying to kick my ass if I do something she doesn't agree with. Gunha was my best man, because nothing spices up a wedding quite like GUTS.
>>
>>44072740
Skitter: Meh, I can take myself.
>Initiate ballistic surgery
>>
>>44072721
Make sure to remove the silly loss conditions too.
>>
>>44072835
>Fem!Accelerator

I'm pretty sure that was one of the NOPE options crossed out on the jump.

Unless you used the Unholy Heights gender retcon perk, in which case I bite my thumb at you.
>>
>>44072835
>>44072883
It's more of an alternate reality option, not a companion option. Whether it's a NOPE option is debatable.

And I agree, Unholy Heights gender retcon is lower than low.
>>
>>44072908
>Debatable
No, it's crossed out. It's a bad joke sure, but it's pretty obviously not an available option.
>>
>>44072846
What's wrong with the conditions? Kuro-Sensei's bound to the same agreement regarding harming the students, so it just puts you two on even footing. Surely a Jumper like you doesn't need that kind of advantage, right?
>>
>>44072883
>>44072908
Actually I took Something Special from CardCaptor Sakura, then I used a Gender Bender Ray Gun I got from somewhere I don't remember. I didn't turn Accelerator into a girl until AFTER that Jump ended.
>>
>>44072930
But you're not Koro-sensei. You're trying to kill him like the students and teachers, who are very much not bound to any of those conditions and directly contradict them. Likewise, the condition about him being invincible to any attack apart from Sensei weapons is dumb, as he's simply very durable. He already has counters to your powers, making most of them useless on top of that is excessive.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>44067679
Er...good question. We've kind of lost track of powerlevels over the ages thanks to us being a tad generous with buffs and such. There was a time where Yuuka, Yuugi and Jibril would've sat comfortably at the top of the hierarchy, but now there's literal goddesses and fallen angels hanging around with us we're pretty sure we can't answer this question definitively without some sort of divine wrestlemania contest of powerlevel dickmeasuring going down between many, many companions.

Glory's still salty about being compared to Illya, for one. Then there's Kiara, who's-well, she would have been the final boss of CCC. That alone should speak volumes. Brigit's been motivated to levelgrind hard after realising there's worse than her mother in the multiverse. At least Elune has the grace to try and stay out of these spats when they come up.

Then there's one or two companions who've been with us for so long they've had the advantage of gathering power over the aeons. Like our little sister Nona, who initially has all our powers at diminished scale.

Or Elodie, who posses Item Creation A+++, thousands of years to improve on it with other forms of mysticism or spiritualism, and an EX Rank Noble Phantasm embodying the concept of hope for the future. Which, amongst other things, she used to attain the power of the Origin during CCC. Suffice to say she could thrash some of our subdivided aspects before preptime.
>>
>>44072953
Oh, I see. While I personally disagree with your idea of fun, I am relieved and proud of you for not taking advantage of something that ain't even canon.

You probably got that raygun from KND.
>>
>>44072965

>Like our little sister Nona, who initially has all our powers at diminished scale.

Out of curiosity. Did she ever consider trying to copy your turn into a living reality thing?
>>
>>44072883
>>44072908
What's wrong with the Unholy Heights thing?
>>
>>44072953
Creeeeeperrrrrrr
>>
>>44072991
One anon that constantly gets anal over it having some perks that don't have a canon basis. Funny that he doesn't really do it for other jumps, like DFC's stuff.
>>
>>44072993
What? There's nothing wrong with what I did.
>>
>>44072955
Pretty sure none of the teachers have considered seriously harming the students, except Bitch-sensei after getting hypnotized by the Fraud of Death. The only time that a non-tentacle student tried, they got severely reprimanded, and never tried it again.

Also, has ANYTHING but anti-Sensei weaponry worked on him?
>>
>>44073001
>forced tg tf
>did nothing wrong
pick one
>>
>>44073006
Special frequency light and water.
>>
>>44072985
> Universe projecting a person-shaped mass into reality as it runs infinity calculations per second and births quasars.
> Next to it is a smaller universe.
> "Oniisan! Oniisan! Look what I can do!"
> It projects a bunny-shaped mass into reality.
>>
>>44067679
Propably the Deer Lord from Nichijou... who's always just as strong compared to us, as a normal deer compared to an old man with a bulletproof vest and a bit of wrestling training.

...Considering I'm a FTL-capable, literally fiat-level indestructable, bare-handed planet-cracking monstrosity of battle, BEFORE using Mantra, Magic, Chakra, Spiral Power, and a bunch more to enhance myself...

Yeah... That deer scares me.
>>
File: t-sensei.png (128 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
t-sensei.png
128 KB, 500x274
>>44073006
Noooo, there was never a teacher that harmed them. He only wanted the best for them.

Sides, there've been several times that the students and teachers fought against outside forces, like the assassins in that hotel.

No, but he is not said to have some conceptual immunity to everything but that. It's a modern mundane world, so it's not like they're bringing in the sort of weaponry a Jumper has. It's understandable if he prepares countermeasures against your powers, but making your attacks outright useless is too far.
>>
>>44072998
It's not just that it doesn't have a canon basis, it's that it's creepy AND doesn't have a canon basis. The Jumpmaker basically stuck their fetish in the Jump for no reason except getting their rocks off.
>>
>>44073009
>forced tg tf
I left it up to him, but he really didn't give a shit. And he was already so androgynous that it didn't really change much.
>>
>>44073037
You mean just like DFC sticks his eating fetish into his jumps with non canon perks?
>>
>>44072921
Of all the silly, minor things to get assmad about. This place sometimes.
>>
>>44073049
Is he even still here? Seems like I haven't seen him post in at least a few months.
>>
>>44073064
Not sure. Last time I saw him he was working on Muv Luv, but that was at least 3 or 4 months ago now, if not longer.
>>
>>44073040
whatever you gotta tell yourself, man. its your magical realm, i guess.
>>
>>44072998
I'm not the same guy as the others who disparaged UH in the past, but I wasn't exactly chuffed to find out the tech cannibalism thing in kantai had no canon basis either. I did actually ask a question to that effect about it ages ago.
>>
>>44073013
Water can't harm him, just slow him down. Point made on the Anti-Sensei photons, though.

>>44073035
He didn't want to break their bodies, just their minds. Hospitals mean too many questions and breaking a tool means you can't use it.

Also, the caveat is only on YOU harming them. Other people can harm them as long as none of them die, and that's kind of a sanity check - do you think the class would have continued if one of them went home in a body bag?
>>
>>44073049
Example? I don't remember what DFC made. Plus, eating someone isn't generally fetishistic - there's people who get off on it, but normally being eaten alive by a monster is a bad, non-sexy thing.
>>
>>44073087
I'd imagine complete mental breakdown likely counts under serious harm and if not, he still showed a willingness to commit that level of harm later on.

>Only on you
Yes, that is my point. As they are, you cannot be one of the students unless you purposefully use non lethal methods on the people aiming to kill you, something the students didn't bother with as they were fighting for their lives. If one of the students die maybe, but just being seriously harmed makes no sense, especially allowing others to do so but not you as it's totally arbitrary and restricts your options needlessly.

Haven't answered the whole "This guy is just absurdly tough, not magically immune to anything that isn't an Anti-Sensei weapon" either.
>>
File: lucario vs blaziken.gif (2 MB, 540x280) Image search: [Google]
lucario vs blaziken.gif
2 MB, 540x280
>>44067679
Technically, probably Chardent my Shushu sword. He's a damn good sword as is and has only gotten better at that since our traveling but if he were to be released from the sword, well he's a lot older and stronger than us and has picked up some neat tricks on the way. Separated we each only have half the key to multi-verse teleportation so at least he doesn't have that.

But outside that case, Mairwen is the best mage out of my group by a pretty fair margin, and Ariel with Arawn beside them or Cadwgan by himself could take me in a physical fight with even odds, and Ffion, Ronan, Bran, and Aderyn are much better at the whole being sneaky thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1200
>>44072985
Yes and no. She did decide to develop a universe-body like us, but after that instead of becoming a multiverse with metaphysical architecture her apotheosis was a bit more...abstract.

Really made the most sense, trading raw power for versatility and mobility so she could still exist in the material and since she was at a natural disadvantage going by raw stats. In a nutshell she decided to become a sort of sentient idea/self-contained continuum of spiritual space-time and possibilities by using Stacked to pool her fonts of power, a complex Taoist alchemy ritual and a spiritual technique we'd helped her develop based on her Psychic Blade's mechanics.

>>44073028
Also pls don't remind us of that time we showed her Night of the Lepus and she decided it'd be cool if it were real.

Literally almost as bad as Pandascape.

This is what we got for teaching her the shadow clone technique.
>>
>>44073103
Could say the same about swapping genders. Plenty of people don't look at it as a fetish.

However, as for non-canon perks, there's Dark Binding in Hellsing, in which a canon ability is separated from it's usual source of a 1200cp perk, made into a 400cp one and has it's canon abilities expanded greatly. Going from a power that let's you absorb the souls of those you kill AND drink blood from to boosting your power every kill you make and giving you the soul with no requirement to drink and the chance of even more uses in the future.

The second is Savage Salvage in KanColle. A perk that allows one to gain the powers of technology you eat.This was given a flimsy justification that has no evidence of being canon beyond the absence of evidence (A lack of info on how Abyssal shipgirls replenish supplies). He would later attempt to expand it's use to including eating magic and magic tech (Months later mind) but was shot down for being ridiculous.

It should be noted Moenon/DFC was explicitly known for eating everything to gain power, to the point he once claimed Prototype would allow him to eat Azathoth.
>>
>>44073170
Technically, you could sort of say the same for much of Touhou, given it's mostly drawn from fanon. But that series has a pretty messed up relationship between the fans and creator so telling canon and non canon apart might get a bit murky.
>>
>>44073103
I think the vore fetish stuff is just hyperbole. Really he just came across as a murderhobo who wanked perks to hell and back, a sort of proto-Tera if you will, but at least he didn't show any signs of having an actual magical realm.
>>
>>44073198
Didn't Tera include literal furries and freaks in some of his jumps? Considering his tastes that he's posted about, he'd probably qualify as the most magical realm anon.
>>
>>44073131
Letter of the law, not the spirit.

I think it's definitely fair to remove any restrictions on seriously harming other people outside the class. Killing? Again, not sure they'd let the class continue if they started killing folks.

As for harming him? If there's anything that causes him physical damage except for anti-Sensei weapons (including anti-Sensei lasers) or other antimatter lifeforms - or if they were even considered as an option - I'd be inclined to agree, but as it is, it just seems like a statement of fact. You can slow him down, melt him into a blob, or do other weird things, but the killing blow has to be one of those materials.
>>
>>44073208
1.Furry's are a Canonical part of the universes Of animal crossing and inficon, And have nothing to do with my magical realm.
2.The only thing I did with Freaky things was Ghostbusters, which are also a part of Ghostbusters And presented in a completely nonsexual way.
>>
>>44073221
So it's perfectly kosher to mindrape each student to a coma, but not to remove a limb? Sounds retarded.

They would not care. They just want Koro-Sensei dead and have the world at stake and they're unlikely to discontinue the class if someone died, whether it be a kid or assassin. They even show they're willing to kill the kids later on too.

Again, it's not a futuristic or magical world. It's like claiming Endbringers are immune to magic because it's never been shown to harm them. Saying he's obscenely tough is fine, but he's not absolutely invulnerable, just not able to be harmed by modern day weapons.
>>
>>44073208
To be fair, those were there as drawbacks. And had more to do with the setting of the jump in question which was apparently some sort of /tg/ homebrew about if cons were magical or something.

I don't reall any explicit weird fetish stuff in it, but I do recall Bancho/Tera being called out for including something that turned out to be a trap option but wasn't worded as such. I dunno, it was ages ago and I try not to think about Bancho too much.
>>
>>44073170
Pretty sure swapping peoples' sexes without their consent is universally fetishy, as is temporarily swapping yours.

But he's responsible for Dark Binding? Yeah, that lowers my respect for him pretty intensely. It honestly seems like a way to get cheap Power of Dominance with no limits. Still, it never came across as a fetish thing - there's a big difference between stealing a soul and eating someone.

Also, I never thought of it before, but Savage Salvage is kind of bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>44073221
Why wouldn't powerful magic or warpfire work (apart from jump fiat)?
>>
>>44073260
SS is, yeah. Canon Abyssals don't do it at all, apparently. In-universe you'd be seen as some sort of unexplainable Lovecraftian horror even by them,
>>
>>44073260
I could say the same about a character eating other people, especially considering most jumpers don't even need to eat it's only for power or pleasure. In any case, there's certainly nothing making it certain that swapping other's gender must be sexually driven, just that it's a common reason for it. And if you find that swapping your own gender is always fetishy no matter what, I do wonder why you aren't criticising every single jump we have for allowing you to swap your gender by paying 50cp-100cp.
>>
>>44073260
Yeah Savage Salvage is a perk put in purely for the creator to give his own build about eating people/things more power. It has no reason to be there otherwise.
>>
What would happen if you went to One Punch Man and replicated Saitama's training routine exactly? Would it not work because you're not filled with DETERMINATION?
>>
>>44073286
I think the difference regarding jumps that let you make the choice to change your gender versus you going out and changing somebody else's gender is well, a matter of consent. He's probably criticizing individuals who change the genders of others without the consent, and not so much the fact that people like to be transgendered on a regular basis.
>>
>>44073322
It wouldn't work. You think Genos hasn't tried to copy Saitama's routine? No, whatever gave Saitama his ridiculous strength, it wasn't exercise.
>>
>>44073322
Wouldn't work, his training routine isn't that special. Something's up with Saitama himself.
>>
>>44073352
Of course it wouldn't work for Genos! He's a cyborg with artificial limbs. Saitama has some weird human thing where the physical limit to his strength is literally removed.
>>
>>44073346
Sure, but the perk can be used just as easily for consensual use as not. It's like criticising a size growth power because some freak might use it on his dick instead of his entire body. I can think of plenty of times I'd use it instead of having to pay the gender switch cost, since outright shape shifting perks are often expensive.
>>
>>44073322
...Actually, would it work if you got Saitama as a Morph, with Animorph stuff?
>>
>>44073322
It's a beginning strength training routine Anon, So you'd gain the benefits of Regular daily exercise.
>>44073365
His desire to become a hero for justice who can defeat any foe in one punch has caused him to become a mysterious being.
>>
>>44073375
Doubt it. We have no idea what the basis for his powers are, the only hint we have is "He has the power of God in him" by the author, but with a series like this, it might just be something he said then anything with truth.
>>
>>44073031
I'm sorry to say this, but that's not how the Deer Lord works. He stops scaling with you when you leave the Jump, if what I wrote in the Jump actually matches the text.

Honestly, there are a ton of people who are confused by the perks/drawbacks in Nichijou. I'm thinking of posting an update that doesn't change anything, but adds new content and clarifies some stuff. Does anyone have suggestions for new items or other additions?
>>
>>44073322
It would likely be easier to find a way to steal or borrow his power, rather than recreate it.
>>
>>44073375
I have no idea. It depends on whether Saitama is the way he is because he became a Mysterious Being and didn't notice. It depends on if Mysterious Being powers are purely biological in nature. It depends on whether Andalite technology can handle something as bullshit as Saitama-for the record, it certainly can't morph the cosmic being known as the Ellimist or else at least one of them would've probably done so ages ago. It depends on whether it really just is some freak glitch in reality that has nothing to do with genes.

It depends, in short, on a number of factors which I doubt will ever be fully explained because the whole thing is a shounen satire. Just as it was never explained were Medaka Box's bullshit powers come from.
>>
>>44073413
I don't want to steal his power! A bored guy with general desire to be a genuine hero is probably the best person to have that kind of power. Not to mention he's a nice guy and I don't want to steal it.

Actually, in that case would it be better to be a Mysterious Being if I want some crazy power? All the Mysterious Beings in the manga and show seem to exist for the purpose of getting blown the fuck away, so that tree never appealed to me that much.
>>
>>44073370
The vast majority of people are cisgendered, though. It's super-useful if you come across someone who does want a sex change, but that's not going to be common unless you're seeking them out. Also, it might not even help them, because if I recall correctly, it keeps everything as close to it was before as possible - and that might include their desire to change sexes.

Compare that to Shapeshifting, where the vast majority of uses are to become an animal for animal powers, or a monster to kick ass as a monster, or for infiltration and espionage, or other vanilla reasons.
>>
>>44073453
Sure, but this is free/100cp and lots of shapesthifting optons cost a fair bit more, especially the good ones.
>>
>>44073438
Here's what you do 1. Get the mysterious being stuff you want Just be sure to save a little CP.
2.Purchase a hero license
3. Act like a hero and not A Dickish monster obsessed with something.

Now you're a hero and the other heroes won't fight you.
>>
>>44073370
I seriously don't get why you're having this exchange. Do you just really want to defend the existence of a random sex change perk or are you just trying to say that the other guy is wrong?

Why does a game that's about managing a monster apartment even have anything to do with sex changes in the first place...
>>
>>44073464
Except there are plenty of heroes, notably Sweet Mask, that will attack and kill MBs regardless of their good intentions.
>>
>>44073408
Nope, the Jump says the Deer Lord works exactly like you assumed he did. You are in the right. Fuck, I really need to update it to clarify what's in my head with what's on the page. I will not be changing the Deer Lord drawback, though. Don't worry.
>>
>>44073470
What chapter was this In?
>>
>>44073438
If you aren't a crazy asshole who goes mad with power/obsession, becoming a mysterious being is a pretty good deal. Just don't attract the Hero Association's attention, and don't go into places with scanners for Mysterious Beings like the shelters.

Though I'm not sure how well those scanners work since Saitama went through them once without issue. Though that was before he finished his training - still enough to punch a skyscraper sized creature to death in a single strike that kicked several heros ass on the way to the bathroom though.
>>
>>44073438
Honestly? Yes. Very much so. The peak of power you can get in that jump would come from going Mysterious Being, and taking Serious Mode as well as Mighty Skill. See-Mighty Skill lets heroes thrash some fairly high-up Mysterious Beings, but rarely does it come with the MB's durability (see: Speed of Sonic vs the Sea King sans his sword).

They do get blown the fuck away but...to be fair, it's /Saitama/ so. That's kind of like saying Alexandria is weak because Scion can physically rip her apart, or that saying Gilgamesh is weak because full power Arcuied could paste him, or saying Frieza is weak because Goku beat him up.
>>
>>44073438
You wouldn't have to steal all of his power, like a half a percent of his power would be incredible.
>>
>>44073478
Alright. Well, he'd be pretty terrifying either way, since I did Nichijou pretty late.
But thank you.
>>
>>44073468
As I've said several times now-it doesn't. I don't really feel strongly one way or the other about the genderswap thing, but it being completely out of context for the world rustles my jimmies like if there was a perk for shitting nuclear explosions in Winnie the Pooh.

>>44073479
I think it's mostly deep into the Garou arc, but in the case of Sweet Mask there was one scene in the anime where he did that IIRC
>>
>>44073482
I'm definitely not a crazy asshole! I guess I'm just not sure what I would do with the power to get really horrific revenge on people I hate. Assuming the perk description of "what you can't help but liking taken to the extreme" is literally true. That would just be really weird! I would never use a power like that. It would probably be horrific and have the side effect of making people think I'm evil.

>>44073486
I know it's Saitama! But a lot of the top-tier heroes can defeat weaker Mysterious Beings without any problems, and even the strongest ones will still get intimidated by King or fucked up by telepathy, swordsmanship, or various tech weapons. Durability is important, but it feels too much like I'm choosing to be a monster of the week for 10 years in exchange for a horrible, really evil looking power combined with a drawback that makes superpowered people want to kill me.
>>
>>44073495
>half a percent of his power
>Have to punch everything exactly 200 times.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.