[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hazards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: NFPA704.32280522_std.jpg (58 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
NFPA704.32280522_std.jpg
58 KB, 458x321
So I'm creating a sort of system of warnings for a game I'm playing. Sort of like pic related but more expansive, designed to incorporate non-standard threats.

For instance, Call of Cthulu would contain not just your standard threads of crushing, impalement, and traumatic amputation, but also more existential threats, such as infection, contamination, mind control and insanity.

My request for /tg/ is to give me ideas for hazards to include or to consider for the classification system. You can do it straight out or just tell me the ways that games you participated in killed their players. Or ways you'd like to kill players or hazards you want to see. Really, anything about possible threats to life, limb and general well-being would be great. I'm trying to think up as many as I can on my own, but I want the input of others so I don't miss anything stupidly obvious. Overcome the mental blind spots, so to speak.
>>
File: listing.png (959 KB, 4146x1947) Image search: [Google]
listing.png
959 KB, 4146x1947
here, have this...
>>
>>44059551
This is pretty great.

Is it from something specific?
>>
>>44059742
the SCP files.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series
the first 1000 or so entries are pretty good. not much else on the site is except
http://www.scp-wiki.net/reddawn

if you're looking for a sliding scale for hazards you may also look at the Parahuman power scaling system in the web-novel Worm; 10 categories ranked 1-10 that basically cover all the kinds of powers there are..
>>
>>44059809
Oh believe me, I know SCP and the circle jerk it started as and the garbage it became.
>>
File: 1352828830190.png (1 MB, 2025x3001) Image search: [Google]
1352828830190.png
1 MB, 2025x3001
>>44059742
Have the better one, complete with numbering for random rolls.
>>
>>44059809
The bad thing about SCP is that they for some reason thought they were unique and scary.

And also that the founders were a bunch of cunts who rejected everything that the close knit bunch of /x/tards didn't make. And now they just accept everything regardless.
>>
>>44059996
Neat!

Anyone have anything more like this?
>>
>>44060088
Still, much like 4chan or tg itself, they have there gems that make browsing through edgy bullshit worthwhile.

The way they've written up class systems for every doomsday hazard or super powered person on the GOC wiki is also worth reading.
>>
>>44060088
I remember spending hours in the computer lab reading through all of them when there were only ~600 or so articles. It's pretty shitty now though.

They take themselves waaay too seriously, now more than ever.
>>
>>44060601
I may be biased against them but back when they only had a few hundred articles I tried submitting things myself.

And every time I did, it was rejected. But it was the way it was rejected that really pissed me off. It was always the most...I dunno, contrived reason? Like, I had one which was essentially a guy that, whenever anyone heard his voice, they would instantly become extremely friendly to him; pathologically so in fact. To the point that the would become slavishly obedient to him.

A lot of the article had to do with a reconstructed history of how he sort of slid, unnoticed through much of his life, working as a PR man for various redacted corporations, mostly for his own personal enjoyment. And about how he slowly became sociopathic because he began to regard those controlled by his voice as literally not being human anymore.

It wasn't anything special, but what pissed me off about the way it was handled was the fact that the rejected it by saying I had "Copied Silence of the Lambs".

Why? Because Hannibal is manipulative and at one point the guy in question said "Cunt" (He was written to be from Wales).

I can understand people just saying they don't like it, but when you start making obviously terrible excuses like that, I'm gonna start calling bullshit. Especially while that Weeping Angel SCP still exists.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.