[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harry Potter TCG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Harry_Potter_card.jpg (28 KB, 250x338) Image search: [Google]
Harry_Potter_card.jpg
28 KB, 250x338
Superior card game coming through
>>
I remember thinking it was dull as hell, even as a kid. Wasn't it basically just MtG without tapping lands?
>>
Man, all my nostalgia comes from the cards rather than actually playing. When I was a kid everyone in my school had all the damn cards- Pokemon, YuGiOh, Digimon and eventually Harry Potter (Hell at the height of the cardgame obsession, my grandmother bought me a box of Mythos trading cards cause they were cheap, just what a growing boy needs?), but we never actually played the games, just collected them.
>>
File: MeetingFluffy.jpg (89 KB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
MeetingFluffy.jpg
89 KB, 350x249
>>44056830
I still wondered why MtG still didn't develop some mechanic like adventures
>>
>>44056830
>quidditch match
>catch the golden snitch
>receive massive advantage
>use it to play potions and fluffy
>win everytime
broken game is broken
>>
>>44057769
Man, a cooperative LCG-format Harry Potter game would kick so much ass.
>>
>>44056830
This game had the worst mechanic a CCG can have: "damage" was resolved as milling. This results in a game where the point is making your opponent not play the game. Hopefully you can see how it's self-defiying.
>>
>>44057769
>Meeting Fluffy (5)RRBB
>destroy 3 target permanent unless an opponent has Meeting Fluffy deal 12 damage to him or her. Of he doesn't, he takes an extra turn after this one

Seems too good a deal for your opponent
>>
>>44057769
They kind of did. It's called tribute or "punisher" and everyone hates it.
>>
>>44058004
But the opponent won't actually be hindered by milling until they lose their entire deck, at which point the game is literally over. Cards that get milled away could just as easily have been on the bottom of your deck. In fact, as long as you don't mill that last card, getting milled is good for you because it gives you information on what you're more likely to draw next.

And every competitive game is about making people not play the game, in the sense that the game is over once you've won.
>>
>>44058155
You must be a fun guy to play with.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.