[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40K thread (pic related) Whats so good about pink horrors and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pink-horrors-of-tzeentch-old83.jpg (15 KB, 400x347) Image search: [Google]
pink-horrors-of-tzeentch-old83.jpg
15 KB, 400x347
40K thread (pic related)

Whats so good about pink horrors and the hole tzeentch thing? Why is everyone playing Tzeentch Daemons now? (Ok everyone plays Eldar/Necrons, but after thats its Tzeentch)
Why are they so strong? Should I get them as allys for my CSM? What are the benefits
>>
>>44056673
Can't pink horrors spawn more pink horrors?
>>
>>44056709
Can`t say... Only have the CSM Codex.
Also saw a lot of people playing Kairos Fateweaver and four other Tzeentch Lords ( dont know the model name)
>>
>>44056673

Summoning is a thing and when you have basic troops that summon more units (Bloodthirsters, Flesh hounds, Heralds etc) it's a very effective way of replacing models that have died. This is also made worse by the fact that most of the other troops are mediocre at best, pink horrors are just a good choice in any daemon army. As far as tzeentch goes, it's basically a couple of things, one of those is the ability to "re-roll saving throws of 1" which makes 2++ or 3++ re-rollable deathstars not that hard to make. The second important part about tzeentch is that with a tzeentch daemon army you can pretty much dominate the psychic phase completely. There aren't many armies that can stand up to daemons in the psychic phase. Hopefully this helps.
>>
>>44056673
They are psykers? Can hit back at the enemy upon death? I dunno more a nurgle man myself
>>
>>44057918
Is this actually a thing? I haven't played in like 3 years, but I have a 1000pt tzeentch army that I mostly fucked around with because I enjoyed dropping 40 horrors on the table. It was always fun being risky as fuck and I never hated playing it.

I glanced through the new Codex once or twice, but never got to mess with it. It didn't seem like the same thing.
>>
>>44056673
Pink horrors give you a lot of warp-charges, which is good for dominating the Psychic phase in general, but can also be used to summon even more of their basic troops, which can be either more Pink Horrors with their rather strong Psychic Shooting attacks, or one of the other Daemon types if you need some utility.

It's not the greatest thing in the game, but it is one of the better ways to run Daemons.
>>
>>44056709
Technically yes, they don't generate enough dice to do it though
>>
>>44056673
Which is the best troop choice for daemons? Between Bloodletters, plaguebearers, horrors or daemonettes
>>
>>44060918
Use them as "batteries" for your heralds and princes, or the other way around.
>>
>>44062603
to buy - pink horrors > daemonettes > bloodletters = plaguebearers

to summon - all equal, first turn of the game usually pink horrors will take priority, otherwise summoning a unit of plaguebearers ontop of an objective is a great way to keep it secured, daemonettes have stupid amounts of attacks at high WS and I with Rending, and Bloodletters are insane if they can get the charge (and pretty garbage when they don't)
>>
>>44059594

Most "competitive" daemon lists run a deathstar such as as a screamer-star or invisible khorne dogs and just take the pink horrors to sit on backfield objectives, summon units out and occasionally use their psychic shooting attacks. In a non-WAAC meta full psychic summoning is pretty good but games tend to drag on if you do it and unless your opponent is cool with proxies and counts-as you're going to need to invest in a LOT of models.
>>
>>44068423
As a new nurgle player, it upsets me how low you have ranked my gooey friends
>>
>>44056673
They shoot and are psychic, in an edition where shitting bullets and psychic powers is the path to victory.
>>
Theres a fucking 40k general. Post in that you fucking pleb.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.