[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mutant: Year Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1193902_large.jpg (502 KB, 940x1342) Image search: [Google]
1193902_large.jpg
502 KB, 940x1342
What are your thoughts on this game?
>>
>>44056559
Ive been interested in it for a while, but im afraid that it'll be too railroady for an TTRPG. From what I've read at least (which isn't a whole lot mind you, only like a few pages at the start and some character gen stuff) it seems like theres one ending you always work towards.
>>
>>44057561
Railroady isn't a problem I've had with it, care to elaborate?
>>
>>44057600
Idk i just felt from what i read which if u read from my earlier post was like a few pages of story and character gen that the ending of every story would be the same. Like you find the mystical place and then your done. I didn't go into the gm section since i would want to be a player if i ever played the game.
>>
File: 5.jpg (296 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
296 KB, 600x800
>>44056559
Nowhere as cool as its predecessor, Heirs of the Apocalypse.
>>
>>44057561
It's far from railroady. It has a fairly focused metaplot, but that's completely optional. Besides, each new "splat"book introduces a new metaplot.

The only problem with it is being rules-light and freeformy, but a lot of people seem to like that these days.
>>
File: ygdr.gif (1001 KB, 485x242) Image search: [Google]
ygdr.gif
1001 KB, 485x242
>>44057959
This
>>
>>44058006
>tfw you'll never get to take on The Annihilator
>>
>>44058052
But that's exactly what you do if you play the Ulvriket campaign
>>
I'm a little confused on how armor works. You roll only the black dice (gear) to prevent damage?
>>
It has some interesting concepts but beyond that it's pretty bland.
>>
>>44058190
I know. And that's the problem. I'll never be able to, because my RP group is strictly online and doesn't have a single swede in it except me, and the game isn't translated (or translatable in any easy way).

Woe.
>>
>>44058243
yes, for each atomic symbol you lower damage by 1 and for each explosion symbol your armor loses one gear value (it can be repaired like normal). This isn't considered an action, its just something that happen when you're attacked with any weapon (it doesn't apply to things like cold damage etc unless it specifically says it does)
>>
>>44058368
Where in Sweden do you live?
>>
I dislike change, so I don't like it. But even so, I've heard that it's mostly about life when everyone rises out of the enclaves, and I'd prefer if there were a more evolved civilization to work with.
>>
>>44058414
uppsala
>>
>>44058432

>>44058428 here, me too. What year are you born? -91 for me.
>>
>>44058454
this is a strange thread 90
>>
>>44058432
Can't help you then sadly, seeing as I live in the northern frontiers of the Pyricommunion
>>
Does the other books (the one about mutant furries and the one about robots) use the same rules?
>>
>>44058472
If you're born here, where did you go to school?

If you're not brutally retarded, I'm up for playing after new year's
>>
>>44058479
We could always try using skype for it, like I do with practically everything these days
>>
>>44056559
>not keeping Stockholm and Gothenburg as the setting when releasing THE Swedish post-apocalyptic franchise in English.

Way to drop the ball.
>>
>>44058500
Same basic rules yes, they're compatible for mixed-class parties.
>>
>>44058515
Wait, they changed it?

Wow that's fucking dumb.
>>
>>44058533
It's New York and London in the english book.
>>
>>44058509
moved here for uni

Perhaps this is something we should start a new thread for.
>>
>>44057959
That game had some terrible rules (nearly all skills are tied to agility and to a lesser extent intelligence) and way too many lame puns and silly, nonfunny jokes("hur hur, he said röv! Again!").
>>
File: my-nigga.jpg (42 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga.jpg
42 KB, 552x552
>>44058514
I'm sorry, but I only RP face to face. There are reasons.

But I wish you all the luck and may the Emperor favor you.
>>
>>44058557
add fur.moli on skype
>>
>>44058581
>having a problem with skills actually being derived from abilities that imply skill rather than simply power
>disliking M:UA bants
It's like you want to be raped by the Lion Order or something.
>>44058595
Same, lad. In the Kaiser's name.
>>
>>44058581
The system has some flaws but in its entirety it's a lot more interesting than year zero. I had more even trying to fix the old system than I had just reading the new one.

As for the puns, you either like them or you don't, but they're nothing like you're trying to make them seem and you know it.
>>
>>44058543
It's like if the English translation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R had set the game in Alabama.
>>
>>44058638
Not that this wouldn't have made for a cool game in itself, but we'd have missed out on a metric fuckton of slav memes.
>>
>>44058543
>>44058638
I mean I would have been totally cool with them introducing those cities, and many other international ones, as extra/optional ones like they did with the Swedish release. But it's just going to feel disconnected to put the game in NYC by default.
>>
>>44058666
Also not a lot of well known nuclear accidents in Alabama.
>>
>>44058607
check your shit pasta man
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.