[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: kitsune_korin.jpg (24 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
kitsune_korin.jpg
24 KB, 320x450
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask.

Kitsune foxboy and other assorted weeaboo shit edition. Tian Xia campaign when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/T5Yknxmz

Previous Thread: >>44046961
>>
File: Foxswerdgirl.png (882 KB, 800x1422) Image search: [Google]
Foxswerdgirl.png
882 KB, 800x1422
I want to play a Kitsune thief (although I'll probably take the Unchained Ninja class) who uses their shapeshifting to imitate people as part of her scams/heists. My general plan is to take feats or tricks that allow me to cast "disguise self" frequently and things that generally enehance disguise such as the Perfect Likeness kitsune trait.

On a scale of Good Idea/Cool Concept to Total Cheese/That Guy, how much do you think this would piss off the other players?

Also have a foxgirl girl picture I guess.
>>
File: kobold.png (50 KB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
kobold.png
50 KB, 176x176
Kobold alchemist

How do? I know their stats are trash but I'm with a new group and the DM does all this lovingly crafted stuff around the PC's and NPC interaction. An anon in the dead thread mentioned a backpack riding kobold and it's warming the cockles of my heart.

Obviously vivisectionist is out of the window as I'll be making better use of bombs than melee with -4 out of the door, and having a backup ranged weapon wouldn't go amiss. What kind of discoveries should I aim for if I'm going down that route?

Is alchemical allocation as incredibly good as it appears?

Would you accept a potion that a kobold just spat out?
>>
>>44053420
Good if your DM's campaign revolves around being fantasy versions of the Oceans Eleven.

Bad if the DM is more murderhob'y and you're just delaying the time between stab this cunt and stab that cunt.
>>
>>44053435
>Would you accept a potion that a kobold just spat out?
Only if it was cute
>>
>>44053435
Alchemical Allocation is amazing, yes, and one of the only reason you might consider buying (or in brewing) potions at a higher CL than default minimum. Anyway, kobolds do look like they'd make a decent alchemist, at least compared to their other options. Also yes, I'd accept the potion that kobold alchemist qt spit out. It's like an indirect kiss.
>>
>>44053445
We're hoping the former. We just did a murderhobo campaign and everyone has been asking for a more low-power/low-combat campaign.

Whether our GM or our group can do that without it turning into a slice of life not... that remains to be seen. Despite wanting a "lower combat" campaign, two of our other 3 players are playing a not!Ruroni Kenshin monk who's "renounced the blade" and a bounty-hunter Ranger. Last player seems to be leaning towards Druid (even though we all sorta agreed not to play casters), but isn't sure yet.
>>
>>44053288
Tian Xia means All Under Heaven in Mandarin Chinese, it's another way of referring to China
>>
>>44053487

Do you have any advice on feat selection? Rapid shot, precise shot and such seem like a great idea because they'll benefit me when I'm not lobbing bombs and when discretion is required. Beyond that I'm sort of at a loss, and the guides floating around are aged at best. Some of them are still under the impression that potion glutton works with alchemist stuff.

>>44053472

That's why I'm sacrificing dex to get +1 chr
>>
>>44053536
What makes you think it is a boy? Also you're wrong but that's besides the point.
>>
File: 1449002436011.jpg (1 MB, 2753x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449002436011.jpg
1 MB, 2753x2000
>>44053288
>Tian Xia campaign when?

You mean Oriental Adventures?
Yeah, would be nice. I'd appreciate more archetypes, a buff for the monk, samurai and ninja, alternate racial features for existing races, and an expanded oriental weapons and armor table (treated as martial weapons)
>>
SBR guy from last thread here - would it make more sense to have each major Inner Sea faction send a team, or just have a bunch of individuals enter?

Also, if we go with teams, who would be willing to hire the PC's as their "team?"
>>
Step 1 for me accepting your desire to play a fox person: call its race by any name that doesn't suggest you are playing it for pure weeaboo reasons or fetish reasons.
>>
>>44053770
...hengeyokai?
>>
>>44053785
>hengeyokai
>not disgustingly weebish
Just die.
>>
>>44053770
Freak?
>>
>>44053785
>>
>>44053578
>>44053599
Reposting to get an explanation of why the fuck gnolls are "futashit".
>>
>>44053770
Vulpin?
>>
>>44053825
Pseudopenis.
>>
>>44053825
Not him but gnolls are often based on hyenas. Female hyenas have pseudopenises: long tubelike outer vaginal parts made for bullying the substantially smaller males of the pack.
>>
>>44053825
The females have a hugely enlarged clitoris
>>
Which Oracle archetype should I play next Ancient Lorekeeper Oracle or Spirit Guide Oracle?

Which one is more versatile?
>>
>>44053836
>>44053802
>>44053845
good enough
>>
>>44053862
>>44053863
>>44053845
Okay, Google says that's hyenas, not gnolls, and I have never seen PF gnolls associated in any way with pseudopenises. Assuming that hyena people have them is like assuming humans are scat fetishes because they're monkey people and monkeys throw shit. It's just retarded and says more about the complainer's animalfucking fetishes than gnolls being "futa". Seriously, unless you jerk off to animals, why would you assume gnolls have fake dicks?
>>
>>44053876
>assuming humans are scat fetishes
There's a pretty well-used tag on panda for doujins featuring it.
>>
>>44053733
Bunch of faction stereotypes, probably a few copies.
A whole pile of chelish jerkfaces with snidely whiplash moustaches obviously trying to get one of their number to the goal, a three or more dudes from galt that keep trying to murder each other on sight, whatever the one notgypsy people are, a dude in a wagon using fortunetelling to get a better route than everyone else, etc.
A dude doing it FOR THE GLORY OF HERMEA, another for THE GLORY OF RAZIMIRAN that both blither incessantly at anyone who will listen
Bad Mofuggin Ass minion of the winter queen, who probably actually knows about the saint parts
At least three incredibly smug wizards who have to keep being told they can't just teleport to the destinations, that's not how the goddamn race works
A smug fucking elf using bullshit portals to cheat but no one can prove it
>>
>>44053885
That's nice and I'd rather you didn't explain how you know that, but do you assume that the presence of humans in any setting automatically means they represent a scat fetish by default?
>>
>>44053876
You sure went off on that one. PS Do you know that throwing shit isn't a physical attribute?
>>
>>44053900
Why do you think that's relevant?
>>
>>44053888
>implying Mengkare would send a team for mere prize money
>>
>>44053888
>implying one of the wizards doesn't mindbreak the elf into giving up her secrets and becoming his cocksleeve
>>
>>44053936
It's not just the prize money, it's proving his humans are the BEST.
>>
File: 1446062131914.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446062131914.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>tfw no path of war 2.0 with more appropriate tiefling abilities for subspecies, along with both new ones and new class options
>>
>>44054100
>path of war
I mean blood of fiends, fuck.
>>
question regarding the Psychic Armory:
Do I have to distill panoply my mindblades for these enhancements to take effect of can they take effect automatically within my panoply?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/defending

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/guardian

If I have to distill, its not a big issue, but at least I'll have what are essentially, mind-shields since they boost my AC and Saves.
>>
File: ohtheshame.gif (358 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
ohtheshame.gif
358 KB, 250x239
>>44054100
>>44054107
>>
>>44054115
I believe anything melee was noted to have to be distilled for it to function. It was definitely that way with Dancing, and it would work the same way with those, iirc (although you can still put them on it, and it won't function until you do?)
>>
>>44054134
Thats what I figured, but its still fine.
Psychokinetic combat means I don't have to swing my mindblades around, just keep them distilled, providing the AC and Saves bonus.
>>
>>44053876
In Pathfinder canon you literally can create a Gnoll baby by putting on a fancy mask and fucking a Hyena. If Centaurs have horse dicks, which they do, then Gnolls get psuedopenises.
>>
>>44053876
Gnolls are magical hyneapeople
>>
>>44054187
Sound docking?
>>
>>44053888
>besides all the national teams from the Inner Sea, there's a bunch of factions that send teams of their own
>the Pathfinder Society, the Glorious Reclamation, the Wonderseekers, the Whispering Way, the Prophecies of Kelistrade, the Aspis Consortium, the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth, the Lumber Consortium, the Starstone Brewers
>there's even a mysterious team sponsored by an unknown patron, bearing the sign of the Sihedron
>Sorshen lives, and she knows about the corpse parts - thus, she Dominated a couple of Korvosans and made them her team for the race
>she's not even the Valentine in all of this - the actual BBEG is someone else entirely
>>
>>44054156
you can boost your AC and saves higher if you took the Mindshield blade skill and included them in your panoply. You don't need to equip the shields to grant the shield bonus to AC.

And then you can take the Natural Blade Trait to give you two free soulknife levels, for you to dip into some Aegis for the even higher AC bonus.
>>
>>44054226
It's a shame you can't take both the living legend and the psychic armory, and get the Guardian's floating shield bonus too.
>>
>>44054233
Well, to be fair, DSP really buffed the soulknife thanks to both Living Legend and PsyArm.
Making both archetypes compatible with each other + high psionics + initiating makes it pretty OP.
>>
>>44054248
I'm just personally annoyed that Living Legend doesn't stack with Warsoul.
>>
>>44054226
2 levels of Aegis isn't gonna cut it at higher levels when you can afford to buy +5 armors.
>>
>>44054248
Probably. I'm looking forward to playing one of them when I get the chance. Not sure which, though.
>>
>>44054260
Wasn't that intended, so they could afford to give it actual class features?
>>
>>44054271
Frankly, not even the biggest loss.
Weren't there feats to just grant you initiator abilities?
>>
>>44054279
Yeah. Not the best feats, but still good. The living legend's class features are pretty damn worth the loss of 1-6 initiating with a shitty recovery.
>>
>>44054212
Don't forget Arazni in a living skinsuit
Or how The valentine is Iomendae
Or how someone's bribing the bound outsider race officials (so they can teleport to the next checkpoint) to ignore some of the murder that's going on
And also everyone gets +2 str, +2 cha, and poses all the time for no reason
>>
>>44053288
I finally got to take a look at the PoW stuff, and Mithral Current plus katana bullshit sounds like it might be fun.
>>
>>44053733
Whats this?
>>
So, one of my party members rolled up a catgirl ninja, and has just completely shat the bed on everything so far. His main hobbies include hiding behind trees while everyone else fights and fearing for his life.

What can he do to be less horrible?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4vw9vdy2x29szyo/Ninja.pdf
>>
>>44054226
So with Guardian and Defending enhancements, you get a +5 to both AC and Saves

With Mind Shield, you get a 2 AC

With Aegis, you get 10 AC

Assuming you focused on dodge, you could get a 8 from Dex.

How higher can we go?
>>
>>44054382
Ring of protection or amulet of natural armor?
>>
>>44054382
Would dipping monk for the wisdom AC stack with astral armor?
>>
>>44054379
shit this is pretty bad.

I feel lucky that I've never had anything this autistic in my group so far.
>>
>>44054379
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/alternate-classes/everyman-gaming---unchained-ninja

If third party is allowed maybe this?
>>
>>44054379
>What can he do to be less horrible?
Kill himself and roll a new character, because holy shit. Why did you even allow this during character creation?
>>
File: Color-testing.png (997 KB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
Color-testing.png
997 KB, 2400x3000
So I got this wonderful piece from the request thread. I want to get it colored by someone with skill, but i decided to actually plan the pallete a little before requesting. This is a slop job, but what do you guys think of the color choices? I have to use blues or purples only because of flavor/backstory reasons.
>>
>>44054379
>>44054412
>>44054418
>>44054431
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>44054418
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/4vw9vdy2x29szyo/Ninja.pdf
I'm sorta curious, just glancing this over, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference from the regular Ninja class. What am I missing? What's the big change?
>>
>>44054431
I'm not the DM, and said DM gave us half a day's notice to get ready for a game out of the blue, so some members made... less than fantastic choices with no input from anyone else.

>>44054418
That definitely would've been a better option, but can he even switch at this point? And even if he could, isn't multiclassing horrible in Pathfinder?

...Well, then again, it still might be an improvement given what he has now.
>>
>>44054532
Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat, the ability to add dex to damage rolls as a basic class feature, intrinsic bonuses to attack rolls whenever they can sneak attack, etc.
>>
>>44054553
They didn't have dex to damage before? Gorramn, they were worse than the Unchained Rogue...
>>
>>44054572
...Well, yes? Ninjas were effectively just a lame rogue archetype. Of course they're worse than the buffed revision.
>>
>>44054586
I thought the original purpose of the ninja class was to BE the buffed revision.
>>
>>44054605
Nah. The ninja traded away the rogues utility to be more stealth assassin with flavors of monk.
>>
>>44054619
I always just looked at it as "Rogue, but with Ki Powers!"
>>
>>44054633
Which is better than the vanilla rogue, on account of vanish trick and the extra attack from Ki.

But it also has no support whatsoever and the Unchained Rogue beats the both of them out.
>>
File: ballgag.jpg (96 KB, 1500x1208) Image search: [Google]
ballgag.jpg
96 KB, 1500x1208
So, suppose I wanted to play a mistress. What's the most fitting build for that in your opinion? Any role is fine. Core+APG only.
>>
>>44054657
Dread or Mesmerist depending on how hard of an S you are.
>>
>>44054657
>>6552654
Thrallherd
>>
>>44054644
Why is that? The ability to disarm traps? It might just be that I have a merciful GM, but a mix of Perception and Disable Device is usually enough to do that in most of the games I play, regardless of things like the "trap-finding" class-feature.
>>
>>44054657
Kinetecist
because they're gimped
>>
>>44054671
Not that anon, but do dread and mesmerist sound like "core+APG only"?
>>
>>44054677
Dex to damage, archetype support, and a better selection of rogue talents compared to its vanilla counterpart.
>>
>>44054696
But the Unchained ninja gets those too, correct?
>>
>>44054711
I've never read it; I don't get to use a lot of 3pp stuff.

At a glance, yeah, it looks like it's on the top of the dogpile of Rogue, URogue, and Ninja.
>>
>>44054379
That sounds less like a mechanical issue and more of a player one
>>
>>44054212
I find it kind of funny that we know what happened with most of the Runelords now.

Sorshen: Alive, active.
Belimarius: Trapped in Dimension of Dreams.
Karzoug: Used a demiplane.
Alaznist: Hidden in her Runewell.
Krune: Contained in a private sanctum.
Zutha: Split himself into a three-part phylactery.

Literally the only one we don't know is Xanderghul. And since he was canonically the strongest by a decent margin over Sorshen, that's all the more terrifying a thought. About the only thing that makes it palatable is that he's canonically in stasis, so we know he ISN'T awake.
>>
Why is the only option for increasing spell durations Extend Spell?
Why is it only a 1st level spell to do the rubber-transformation fetish thing?
>>
So, are Kineticists still allowed to use their blasts (Whether physical or energy) with Conductive weapons? Building a Gambler, and unsure whether it got FAQed or not.
>>
>>44054975
>Xanderghul gives up on being a runelord
>Decides to hit the beach instead.
>Tent on a beach hobo style, just chilling with the waves.
>>
>>44053288
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know how can I build a pacific druid and making him viable.
So I need to focus on spells, or more charisma ?

(Game is using Pathfinder class, archetypes, items, spells and maps)
>>
I have a question about the slashing grace feat

if I want to do a Kensai Magus build with a 1 level dip into Swashbuckler to get the swashbuckler's finesse

To meat the prereqs for Slashing grace I need Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus
is there some way to get this all lined up at level 1?

I believe I can go 1 level of swashbuckler to get Weapon Finesse. Select Weapon Focus as my level 1 feat and then be human and select Slashing Grace as my human feat

but then the problem I run into is that at second level when I take my first level in Kensai Magus I get Weapon Focus in my specific weapon for free, which I would already have. What happens in that situation then? Can I retrain my old weapon focus away and get the new one from Kensai Magus? Or can I not do this since I would lose the prereqs required for Slashing grace trying to retrain it away. Would I just take the same feat twice?

or do I just have to wait till level 3 to get this all lined up and working properly?
>>
>>44055142
If you mean pacifist as in non-violent, then I can't help you because you're really trying to subvert the core assumptions of gameplay (kill monsters, get loot).
If you mean pacific as in the Pacific Ocean, I think there's a water domain you can pick for your nature bond.
>>
Okay, anons, time to confess.

What Paizo APs have you played in? What was your favourite one? What was your favourite single adventure from them, or recurring subplot (either baseline or GM-added)? Who if anybody in said APs did you waifu/husbando? Did it work out post-campaign
>>
>>44055363
—
>>
If you had the choice, who would get their own incredibly comprehensive playbook?
>Demodands
>Qlippoth
>Kytons
>Asura
>Div
>Sikhal
>>
Fuck you, anon, now I want to play in a SBR campaign for real.
>>
What the shit is SBR?
>>
>>44055496
Steel Ball Run, the seventh chapter of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

A race across 1890s America gets sidetracked by the search for Jesus's body and also by psychic punchghosts. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>44055496
Imagine if there was a campaign where everyone is a spiritualist but one guy who's a gunslinger that doesn't suck.
Everyone gets an at will spell like ability, and then they have to win a race for a bunch of money.
>>
>>44053420
There's a 3pp archetype for kitsune ninjas that does just that, it's called Formless Ninja or something like that.
>>
>>44055695
Nah, Formless Ninja sucks. It's some weird wana-be Druid who's shapeshifting is more centered around transforming into animals and elementals than disguising yourself as humanoids.
>>
>>44054657
Dump Str in favor of Dex and Cha, make a Dex-based fighter with a cruel whip, obviously. Whip everything into submission. Why do you even play core+apg?
>>
>>44055099
If the blast is a melee or ranged touch attack, then yes. If not, no. It's very clear in the description of weapon property.
>>
Is it an okay hairstyle for Master Summoners to instead choose one of the improved familiars to replace the eidolon?
>>
>>44055146
Yes, you can retrain your old Weapon Focus away and not lose anything. You still meet the prerequisites.
>>
>>44055363
I really really want to play any of them from start to end. WotR the most.
>>
>>44055805
Do not wear improved familiars as a wig, they make terrible hairstyles.
>>
Is rapier/shield fighting functional in the system or is there a limitation I'm not finding when it comes to using the two?

inb4 "sword and board is shit, why would you do that"; path of war is why, friend
>>
>>44055474
Kytons. And I'd like to see how exactly they are connected to Zon-Kuthon, because they obviously are.
>>
>>44055142
Why going Druid? Play Dragon Herald Bard instead.
>>
>>44055146
You do know that Slashing Grace doesn't work with Spell Combat right?
>>
>>44055841
Yes. Use an estoc, it's the same, but better.
>>
File: 1404596263920.jpg (251 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
1404596263920.jpg
251 KB, 810x810
In a 4th-level, 22 point buy game with three full spellcasters in the party, and me as the fourth and final player, would there be anything overpowered or unbalanced with playing either of the following Tomes 3.5 classes updated to Pathfinder?

http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Soldier,_Tome_%283.5e_Class%29

http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Rogue_2.0_%283.5e_Class%29
>>
>>44055858
>three full spellcasters
You can take literally anything and still suck, compared to them, if they are competent. Be a DSP initiator to not suck.
>>
>>44055853
Estoc's a heavy blade, not a discipline weapon for Elemental Flux (light blades, monk and thrown weapons give +2 to maneuver save DCs).
That and I'm using Ultimate Equipment for weapons.
>>
>>44055886

Either of the classes above is far more powerful than a Dreamscarred Press initiator, but in different ways.

The Tome soldier can bring out combat effects that most Path of War initiator effects could never even hope to achieve, and the rogue 2.0 practically never fails a non-opposed skill check.
>>
>>44055142
Consider dipping 1 level on Cleric/Inquisitor (or anything with Domain) for Conversion Inquisition. It let you use Wisdom instead of Charisma for social skill.

Actually Druid might be able to take Inquisition from the start since you can also choose to take Domain, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
What would a medium construct race be like?
>>
>>44055908
>>44055858
Kumiromi is cute! Cute!

>>44056050
You mean like...warforged? Or the ARG equivalent?
>>
I need to choose between Ranger and Hunter.

Using level 7 as baseline:
> They're both have 7d8 for HD and 6+int
> Ranger has 7 BAB, less spells, weaker pet, five combat feats
> Hunter has 5 BAB, more spells, a strong pet, 4 combat feats + 2 teamwork
> Ranger has Favored Terrain and Favored Enemy (circumstantial abilities at best)
> Hunter has Animal focus (at will skill boost)

Hunter looks like a better teammate overall, Ranger would be slightly stronger on combat.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44056114
What is your party composition?

Genrally, Hunter is better being one tier higher then Ranger. Hunter also get spell discount like being able to cast Resist Energy at level 1.

But if your party is lacking in damage, Something like Guide Ranger raining down arrows on the enemy will be more helpful to the team.
>>
>>44056114
But Ranger should has 7D10 for HP anon.
>>
>>44056141
... OH.
I totally missed that. I was so sure they had 7D8.
Derp.
>>
>>44056133
Team Composition varies with the scenarios played. I'm doing PFS, and you don't always play with the same teammates. Utility is king.
>>
>>44056114
Ranger if the game is combat focused. They have more RP, better attack bonuses, and generally aren't full of useless bloat.

Hunter if the game is less combat focused or you need to play a support/utility role... although at this point you might as well just quit half-assing it and go full druid.
>>
>>44056184
*HP
>>
>>44056152
The main point for playing Ranger is the ability to pick up some feat without meeting the requirement.

Improved Precise Shot, Shield Master and TWF (for pure STR build) are the popular one. If you don't like Favored Enemy, there are several archetype that replace it.
>>
>>44056169
Hunter is probably a better choice then.
>>
>>44056169
This guy has a point >>44056184. Hunter is pretty much a nerf Druid. If you wants an Archer with Animal Companion. Go Cleric of Erastil.
>>
>>44056272
I pretty much wanted archer with nature archetype, actually.
>>
File: DcdRUtu.jpg (306 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
DcdRUtu.jpg
306 KB, 1053x1070
Playing a loli trap monk who focuses on stacking damage dice for unarmed strikes, and our group has come across a way to get large, and soon after huge. I love my stupidly strong tiny loli shota trope, but being able to increase my damage output by that much is too much to pass up. I asked my DM if I can just increase my "density" instead, acting as if I was larger but losing the range, to a solid maybe. Any ideas on flavoring a getting huge, whilst also keeping my characters flavor?

Pic related
>>
So I got a level 5 character for Runelords and it's paizo only. Want to run a hard boiled detective with good investigation abilities that is more or less ok holding his own in battle. This is in a party of minmaxed mouthbreathers who can shit out crazy damage at low level and not much else. I just wanna solve crimes.

Was thinking maybe inquisitor with gunslinger levels for peestol but I don't really have a huge idea how to handle this build.
>>
>>44056433
How about an investigator? They have massive bonus to knowledge checks and have a wide array of support skills.
>>
>>44056433
>>44056473
Don't forget Steel Hound Investigator.
>>
>>44056433
> more or less ok holding his own in battle
> using fire arm in Pathflounder

No. Anon. Just no.
>>
>>44055786
I've had two separate gms that have disallowed stuff past core cause they were new but then decided to change their mind and open it up later when they realized it didn't really make their lives noticeably easier.
>>
>>44056531
I like it flavor wise, what's wrong with it?(different anon)
>>
>>44056387
Just cast enlarge person on all of your enemies so you can be proportionally the same size. Or just not play merriam-weebster pedo shit.
>>
>>44055363

I've played Jade Regent, Kingmaker and Reign of Winter, and out of those Jade Regent was the most memorable, simply because we spent a long amount of time in Kalsgard.

As for waifus/husbandos, my character wound up getting together with an Ulfen Wind Sister that styled herself as a Valkyrie. It was surprisingly Sigurd-esque, as the DM asked me for grapple/pin checks to successfully consummate.
>>
>>44056561
Feat taxs and Misfire value. Needing Rapid Reload to full-attack is the same reason why Crossbow suck in Pathfinder.

Also range attack do good damage from being able to attacking multiple time per round. But for firearm multiple attack per round means more Misfiring.

Now with free action reloading Pistol you will have 10% chance of Misfire per attack. Assuming you shoot 4 times per round (2 BAB+Rapid Shot+Haste), that would be around 34% of misfiring per round.
>>
>>44056659
Is there no way to get that number down mechanically?
>>
>>44056659
Just to clarify what this guy is saying for crossbows, it's not "just rapid reload". It's "You need rapid reload, Crossbow mastery, all the pre-req feats, 1-2 very specific classes that aren't really compatible, and there's next to zero magic item/spell support for crossbows" and the same applies to guns.
>>
>>44056696
>>44056561
On top of the normal range feat like Point-Blank Shot,Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim
>>
>>44056387
Ask your GM to let you take Powerful Build instead of size increases; that's what you're looking for.

Also you're a faggot, holy shit
>>
>>44056719
Yep. Guns and crossbows get 100% fucked, and that's not even counting shit like misfires or the insanely restrictive shit that gets put on guns/crossbows content wise.
>>
>>44056659
Even at the lowest misfire rate (5%), as long as you full-attack, it will still be ~20% of misfiring chance per round.
>>
Help me PFG, you're my only hope. I'm designing a "warlock" "BBEG" for an upcoming campaign, and I just want a few of the abilities I have pictured in my head to be manageable in system without rule 0-ing his spell list.

As a matter of fact: the lower level the spells he uses to cause these effects, the better.

>Able to draw shadows to his body to create a cloak of all consuming blackness that enshrouds him and conceals his form.
>can cause deep spreading fissures in the earth (venting toxic gasses optional).
>Blights the land as he travels, killing plants and poisoning water.
>Appears to grow to immense size.
>Flies
>Army of undead.
>Immense glowing eye focussing a beam of disquietingly sick yellow light on the palace from over his ruined tower.

BBEG is in quotes because he's not actually evil, and was peacefully retired with a loving wife and teen son before the royals discovered his past profession, and they tried to arrest him and his family. He escaped, but his wife and son were taken hostage, and now he believes his son dead, so he's going one-man - army
>>
>>44056387
>Shit that didn't happen.

Also you're a faggot. Take that shit to /a/ or /trash/ where it belongs.
>>
if i want to fuck a monk up, what class should i pick for the job?
>>
>>44057318
What level?
>>
>>44057334
>>
>>44057318
Fuck up a monk how? Physically? Verbally? Mentally? Spiritually?
>>
>>44057348
1v1 combat
>>
>>44057343
Cast Invisibility then swarm him with Standard Action Summon Monster 3.
>>
>>44056973
>Able to draw shadows to his body to create a cloak of all consuming blackness that enshrouds him and conceals his form.
Darkness/Deeper Darkness.
>can cause deep spreading fissures in the earth (venting toxic gasses optional).
Hungry Earth/Rift of Ruin.
>Blights the land as he travels, killing plants and poisoning water.
Cursed Earth.
>Appears to grow to immense size.
Overwhelming Presense/Frightful Aspect/Enlarge Person/any illusion.
>Flies
Levitate/Fly/Overland Flight/Wind Walk/Gaseous Form/whatever pleases.
>Army of undead.
Animate Dead.
>Immense glowing eye focussing a beam of disquietingly sick yellow light on the palace from over his ruined tower.
Item creation feats/downtime rules.
>>
>>44057407
Thank you! When I get home from work I'll look all of those up!
>>
File: 1443551703194.jpg (1 MB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
1443551703194.jpg
1 MB, 724x1024
>>44056723
Sweet, I'll ask my GM later when he wakes up. If that fails though, any ideas for flavor?
Also yes, I am clearly a faggot. But hey, at least I'm living out my fantasy of being the little shota in a dress.
>>
>>44057407
I gotta say I like the concept of this BBEG, a retired BBEG forced back into the business he escaped. It's like John Wick if John Wick was a necromancer
>>
What do Shade of the Uskwood look like, in general? Google yields nothing except for "albino druids".
>>
File: blinkling.jpg (316 KB, 728x965) Image search: [Google]
blinkling.jpg
316 KB, 728x965
>>44057407
I'd have suggested blur for the darkness effect, honestly, but that's just me.
>>
>>44057360
Again, do you want to fuck him up physically? Verbally? Mentally? Spiritually? There are ways to do each of those, and 1v1 combat doesn't preclude most options.

Personally, I'd recommend Druid. Make sure your level 5 feat is Natural Spell, so that you can wildshape into a bird and still cast spells. He won't be able to touch you, but you'll still be able to fuck him over with your spells.
>>
>>44057439
Maybe your huge size is represented by a battle aura of the appropriate size category instead of you actually being that size?
>>
>>44057496
20% miss chance is a 20% miss chance. The difference is if you are already in shadow (aka dim light) then any monster without darkvision is fuuuuucked.
>>
>>44057496
>>44057407 here. I thought of Blur, but I think that the less you have to refluff, the better.
>>
>>44055474
Divs.
>>
File: 1447502916848.png (983 KB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1447502916848.png
983 KB, 1000x1412
>>44053420

>Only four tails
>>
>Mystic Artifice
>When crafting an item, the mystic uses her initiator level as her caster level to determine how potent a creation she can make.
>If her initiator level does not equal the minimum caster level to make the item, then she cannot create the item.

Damn, that second restriction is pretty harsh, and actually puts the mystic at a significant disadvantage compared to other crafters, including noncaster Master Craftsman builds.
Any other class can just follow the
>The DC to create a magic item increases by 5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet
rule to raise the DC by 5, but Mystics are hard capped.

If any DSP guys are around, is this intentional?
Can't even make 200gp cracked ioun stones at this rate until character level 12.
>>
>>44057689
The thing you have to realize is that there is no minimum caster level for most items, only a suggested caster level, otherwise only the most epic of mages could craft sovereign glue. Now, items that directly duplicate spells, like scrolls, wands and staves? Those are the ones that you can't do without spells of the right caster level.
>>
>>44057755
Technically you need the minimum CL to cast the indicated spells (In most cases CL 1 for 1st level spells, 3 for 2nd level and so forth)
>>
>>44057755
Ah yeah, I'd looked around and that generally is the case.
It seems like the problem I've run into with cracked ioun stones is a really uncommon one - a very cheap and simple item that has a high level requirement to craft.

Fair enough, guess that's just unlucky.
>>
>>44057800
hence "the right caster level"
>>
>>44057800
>>44057816
wait, no, shit, you're right. I'm dumb, sorry.
>>
>>44057755
This. The "caster level" in the item creation page is not actually the minimum caster level to create it; few items have them, and they are specifically pointed out to be such. The CL of an item simply determines the base DC to craft it (which is 5+item CL).
>>
>>44057800
>>44057816
>>44057828
Actually, the mystic just gets to bypass that entirely, because they're treated as providing the spells if they meet the Spellcraft check, regardless of initiator level.
>>
>>44057689
>>44057896

Actually, a secondary question for DSP staff: Do mystics with master craftsman, or levels in an arcane caster class, get the option to not use mystic artifice when crafting, therefore not being held to that Caster Level rule?

Because otherwise at the moment, a Master Craftsman build with three levels in mystic suddenly loses the ability to craft items it could before when it levels to Mystic 4.
>>
File: 0vzrc3H.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0vzrc3H.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone got advice for a newbie DM here? I've been wanting to run a campaign for a long time now, but am not sure where to begin. Any advice on the following topics would be extremely helpful. I hope they're not too vague, but if they are, please leave any kind of advice you think I should know, whether you're a DM or not.

>How do you build the world?
I've considered generating a map, but it seems like constructing /developing every part by hand would be more interesting.

>How do you narrate most effectively, if you're a quiet / introverted person?
Will it get easier over time? Our previous DM is an introvert, but is in a lot of voice chats and is a confident enough speaker.

>What if you're not a good "on-the-spot" thinker?
It's hard to know how to handle a situation without having to dwell on it for the best answer. What should I prepare to have to do on the spot, and how can I prepare for it?
>>
>>44057960
I'm not going to comment on the RAW because it's pretty complicated an nitpicky, but RAI we're not in the business of making the lives of our fans more difficult, so if it's better for your characters to not use mystic artifice they can "turn it off" or choose not to use it.
>>
>>44058048
I suck shit at geography, and whenever I try to draw up any kind of world/continental map it looks like pathetic blobs. I have a general idea of where things go, but working on smaller bits at a time is a lot more enjoyable.

If you're an introvert normally but you start talking to people more it should boost your confidence and help you to be more open, which will make your narration go more smoothly.

If you can't come up with things too easily on the fly just create a bunch of generic NPCs/situations/responses that can fit in to what ever the players come up with. This part might depend a lot on your players and how resistant they are to whatever "rails" they perceive to exist in the story you're crafting for them. If they're interested in the adventure they probably won't throw you too many curve balls, though still be ready for some nonlinear thinking. If they're insistent on going off the beaten path there isn't much you can do planning-wise, other than maybe setting up generic encounters with possible hooks to lead them back. A practiced DM can probably draw the players back into the main story no matter what.
>>
>>44058048
>I've considered generating a map, but it seems like constructing /developing every part by hand would be more interesting.
This is a bit of a trap for you to fall into. In general, there's three solid ways to build your setting.

1. Start with a locale you want well defined (A small city and its surroundings, for example) and expand outward from there, getting a sense as you go. This can easily leave you with only one interesting place, however.
2. Spread out and work on a large scale. Draw up a map and some geography, and then figure out how different countries would sit in that geography. The countires themselves will, over time, develop their own unique stuff, as long as you take the time to give them a few unique things and write a little history. Look into medieval/feudal europe and asia to get a sense of the sorts of shenanigans that can be pulled by historical people.
3. Start from the cosmology and work down. This has the added benefit of letting you decide how the gods would have put together the world, lets you define them, and tends to result in a world with a larger focus on religion.

Will it get easier over time? Our previous DM is an introvert, but is in a lot of voice chats and is a confident enough speaker.
Everything gets easier with experience.

It's hard to know how to handle a situation without having to dwell on it for the best answer. What should I prepare to have to do on the spot, and how can I prepare for it?
My GM always preps a few things he can stall for time with; an encounter in town where an NPC does something with a player, or a monster in the wolderness. They tend to give him enough time to think of what comes next.
>>
>1st session
>perfectly fun
>2nd session
>That Guy joins into the campaign
>everything grinds to a screeching halt every five seconds because rules need to be questioned
I used to think munchkins were the worst thing at the table, those were more innocent times

>>44058048
>I've considered generating a map, but it seems like constructing /developing every part by hand would be more interesting.
It's your choice. This is for everyone's enjoyment, including your own. Only invest as much effort into the map as you feel you are willing to do, there's no shame in generating something if you're not willing to hand-craft every single aspect of the world.

>How do you narrate most effectively, if you're a quiet / introverted person?
Experience and preparedness. Practice speaking, avoid pitfalls such as "um" and "like", if you need a moment to gather your thoughts just take a pause.

>It's hard to know how to handle a situation without having to dwell on it for the best answer. What should I prepare to have to do on the spot, and how can I prepare for it?
It depends on how well you know the players. If one of your players is a habitual murderhobo, plan accordingly. This is another one of those things that come along with experience, as every group of players is different.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>44058157
>>44058048

Here's the easiest way to do geography.

Download Dwarf Fortress, create a world, hit "p" when it's finished, and find the image file in the Dwarf Fortress folder.

Congratulations, you've got the base of a fantasy world.
>>
>>44058048
1) I like coming up with the major moving-and-shaking countries, figuring out where they'd be in relation to each other (for example, one of the major countries in my setting is essentially Byzantine Empire!Switzerland, and basically only survives because like 90% of their land is mountains so they're very hard to invade, thus other mountainous countries get placed around it) and filling in the gaps from there. Let your players come up with stuff too, if they want - give them a partial map and let them go nuts.

2) I always do text stuff myself - I keep pre-written descriptions and notes on regions to make that part faster.

3) There are a couple of ways you can handle this:
First: Schrodinger's Gun, aka the Lone Wolf Method - no matter what your players do, it;ll eventually lead them to the goal you want.
Examples: They decide to take over a country instead of exploring a dungeon? The head of the country is/is under the employ of/in thrall too/possesses important knowledge about whatever you planned the players to find out about in the dungeon.

Pros: Easy to do on the fly, effective
Cons: Won't stand up to extreme player detours, will require note-taking to keep things straight if used too often.

Second: Random Tables, aka the Doc Aquatic Memorial Method: Keep a list of things that might happen in any given environment that your PCs might encounter. Roll secretly. Nod sagely a lot.
Examples: Google 'Doc Aquatic Encounter Chart'
Pros: This is where you get to stick all the random shit you wouldn't dare to have included otherwise.
Cons: Generally difficult to make long-term goals out of random encounters.

Third: Come up with three things each party member believes/has faith in, and then come up with three encounters that would affirm those beliefs, and three encounters that would challenge them.
Pros: You should be doing this anyway.
Cons: None????
>>
>>44058183
>I used to think munchkins were the worst thing at the table, those were more innocent times
I'm so sorry. You should probably bring up this situation with your GM, if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1446653724152.gif (1014 KB, 391x267) Image search: [Google]
1446653724152.gif
1014 KB, 391x267
>tfw the DM does generous ability score rolls, three sets
>tfw all of my sets fall in the 19-24 PB range

This wouldn't be making me so salty if it wasn't for the fact I'm trying to play a Zweihander and everyone has 30+ PB... And are playing fighters or basic rogues.
>>
Will we ever get protean, inevitable, and aeon races?
>>
>>44058366
I will, don't worry. Here's one of my favorite tidbits from the other night.

>playing incredibly not-serious kitchen sink campaign
>make a cyborg character
>GM loves it
>rules lawyer bitches about it "not fitting the setting"
>fast forward, rules lawyer joins game
>everyone needs to get to a destination so they take vehicles
>my character just fucking runs there
>now we're arguing about forced march rules and how long you can run for
>on a cyborg with a +5 constitution modifier
>on a 45 minute run at a brisk pace
>>
>>44058395
Protean: No, anythign bread by thm would be so unstable it's not even funny.
Inevitable: Androids are as good as it gets. Every single construct race is OP in my experience, and I have plenty.
Aeon: They're too busy doing things.
>>
>>44058392
>Rolling for ability scores
>Pathfinder
Please tell your DM to stop doing this.
>>
>>44058426
>they're too busy doing things
Like mortal women?
>>
>>44055363
None of the APs I've gotten to play have ever finished, due to one particular asshat deciding to ditch the game (and then beg to be let back in to the next). This only happened three times, we've stopped playing with him since.

I am currently in a S&S game with intent to waifu Captain Fairwind, though
>>
>>44053288
>kitsune thread

How big is the weaboo anime bullshit:
>Kitsune sorcerer, has the fluff of magical tail
>bastard son, and his mum died while he was still an infant
>raised by an adventuring party, with a halfling wizard being saddled with playing mom
>is a childish little shit willing to fuck up someone's life if he fancies that it would in some way benefit him, but prizes loyalty between friends
>has a cat familiar that is probably smarter than he is, and demands he visit any library so it can absorb more information
>Fucking magical tattoos everywhere sweet fuck, calm down kid

How hard did I fuck up, and would you accept a player who brought this to your game?
>>
The other day I found this: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=6123057#post6123057

Some guy set all existing pathfinder races, and added a bunch more to 15 RP, in an attempt to balance them all.

At the very least, some of these do look cool, but he clearly played wow.
>>
>>44058463
Like settign up mortal women with demons, elementals, angels, and other outsiders so that the proper numbers of outseider trait bearing beings will exist in the correct timeframe to push the universe over into a more balanced state when the mortal populations get involved in semantic battles with reality altering overlords and outsider races are needed to counteract their influences.

Those kind of things.
>>
>>44058157
That's a good idea. I could probably put some scenarios down on note cards. Also it didn't occur to me that they could venture off past the main story, I'll be sure to figure out ways to lead them back if they do fall off it, or just keep the story flexible enough to where it can happen anywhere (like the end quest guy / item / etc.).

>>44058183
I think I'd want to develop a lot of it, content-wise, but it'd be disappointing if the players didn't get to a lot of it, which is what will probably happen. So maybe I should only develop a small part of the map, and somehow "block" off the other sections of it.

Pausing would be good, that's something I think a speech class teaches you. I just hope it won't be boring or anything. Our DM would do things like pretend-stab people and get up and come up behind them if they were getting ambushed or something. It really made everyone feel immersed. I feel too awkward to pull that kind off thing off, but maybe I could practice it or something.

The people I'm playing with are all friends, but we might draw in a couple people who I don't know, which can be awkward. They're all sensible, intelligent people though, and we don't usually let people create CE characters. I think having some scenarios on note cards might be useful, like the above anon mentioned. Maybe I could have one for each player that's specific to their character. I guess it's one of those things you have to wait and see what people create first before you can plan for it.

>>44058274
Random generation just feels a little too plain. It's not something I can relate to well, since it's not something I developed. I'll still see what this comes up with though, maybe I can still build off it. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>44058451

The only thing saving me is that everyone else are making terrible design decisions and I'm apparently the only one that's trying to make a fine-tuned character (I know that sounds arrogant but we've got a guy making a Swashbuckler right now.)

My stats are: 16-15-13-13-11-10, which are a whole lot of odds but it can't be helped.

Since it's level 1, should I take Dual-Talented for Human and go 18-13-16-15-11-10 for stats?
>>
>>44058503
>there is an entire aeon subspecies dedicated to race population
>>
>>44058503
So there are literally aeons whose job it is to get mortals to have sex with outsiders.
How do I join this exchange program?
>>
File: 1406582433858.jpg (79 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1406582433858.jpg
79 KB, 403x498
>>44058528
Dual talented means giving up your bonus feat and an extra skill point per level. If neither of those are important to you, then yeah it's just the better choice. I'm not familiar with DSP stuff so I'm not sure what stats the Zweihander Sentinel relies on, but it'd probably be overall better if you just grabbed a non-human race in that case.

>rolled stats
>level 1
pic related
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>44058551
>>44058503
>>44058463

Hold up, are you telling me there's probably an Aeon/Inevitable race dedicated to ensuring balance in breeding, acting as otherwordly matchmakers on a scale Mengkare can only dream of?
>>
>>44058283
Letting players control some parts of the geography sounds disastrous, though asking what they'd like to see might be an idea. Like if a character grew up in a particular forest, I could include it.

I think this is what our previous DM did. Starting with a vague idea of the quest line and fleshing it out depending on where the players go and what they do seemed to work well. This random roll table would cut out a lot of the on-the-fly decisions, but it doesn't look like it'd lead players towards the storyline, more like the opposite (cause delays / divert attention somewhere other than the main quest). I might make my own roll table like this though, since it's a good idea.

Haha, yeah you've got a point. Character development and testing seems like something that can make a story feel so much more relatable and 3-dimensional for players. I'll be sure to do this when I know what characters they develop.
>>
>>44058528
OK so you rolled those? Are those the raw rolls, or are they already adjusted for racial bonuses? My suggestion would be (assuming raw scores):

Str 16 Con 13 Dex 10 Int 15 Wis 13 Cha 11

put your level 4 bump in Con, and your level 8 in Int, then keep pumping Strength.
>>
>>44058481
I probably wouldn't accept a child character, and I almost certainly wouldn't accept
>is a childish little shit willing to fuck up someone's life if he fancies that it would in some way benefit him, but prizes loyalty between friends
unless I knew you well enough to know you wouldn't lolsorandomIstabeverynpcbecauseIcan because of it.

>>44058493
>RP
>Balanced
>>
>>44058575

The DM gave us three sets of 4d6, dropping the lowest and re-rolling 1s, I think he hoped for all of us to get high-powered rolls without actually giving us the PB.

Losing the feat and skill point hurts, but I'm making up for the lost skill point by bumping Intelligence, and I've gotten used to losing feats, so losing it doesn't sting as much as I imagine it should.

>>44058592

They're raw, pre-racial.
>>
File: world_map-region1-250--10081.jpg (6 MB, 2570x3084) Image search: [Google]
world_map-region1-250--10081.jpg
6 MB, 2570x3084
>>44058517
>Random generation just feels a little too plain. It's not something I can relate to well, since it's not something I developed. I'll still see what this comes up with though, maybe I can still build off it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Totally up to you man, I just generated this world to give an example of what Dwarf Fortress can do (had to convert to jpeg, and for the love of god open it in another tab, it's a big'n.)
>>
>>44058620
Yeah, I don't have any problem with kitsunes, but allowing "childish" characters can be pretty disastrous. Word's of the wise: if your character concept would be disruptive without having to be meta about it, then it probably doesn't have a place at the table.

Also on the matter of the race builder: it's an absolute clusterfuck and like the default point-buy values should be chalked up to Paizo not actually understanding shit.
>Net total +8 to ability scores costs 3 RP less than large size (without any reach) and the exact same as a +2 dodge bonus to AC
>>
>>44058628
Two things:
1. Your stats, while not ideal are decent enough that you don't have to worry about being terrible. That's the nice thing about using PoW, we try to make it hard for you to suck at playing your class.

2. Talk to your DM, if you know there's a significant difference between your stats and everyone else's, point this out to him and see if he's willing to do something to help keep everyone on the same page.

That aside, the arrangement I suggested will probably work best for you. Put your racial bonus into STR, keep your bonus feat and skill points, they help a lot.
>>
>>44058580
>cupids?
>bulshit.
>it was aeons all along
>>
>>44058493
It's a poor attempt, a lot of the racials are overpriced or too situational.
>>
>aeons serve pharasma
>aeons serving anything but Monad
How much you want to bet that she's getting manipulated?
>>
So if Metallic dragons tarnish when they turn Evil (or even Neutral), do Chromatics gain lustre if they turn Good?

>Red -> Iron? (Sheen like molten iron)
>White -> Pearl?
>Black -> Obsidian?
>Green -> Jade?
>Blue -> Lapis?
>>
>>44058945
I like it.
>>
>>44058945
>White-> Magnesium
>Black-> Lead
>Green-> Not sure (some nickel alloys are greenish?)
>Blue -> Cobalt
>>
>>44053420
Grab the realistic likeness feat. You can take the form of any human you've seen before when shifting to your human form. Also grants a +10 to disguise. No word from big P as to whether or not that stacks with the +10 to appear human. Not too bad for a level 1 feat at all.
>>
>>44059020
Cupric dragons for green, I guess.

(I do like the idea of jewel-tone dragons better myself, though, if only because I really dig the idea of Jade Dragons)
>>
What currently existing bestiary entry would you want to see become a player race?
>>
>>44059116
Muse
>>
>>44059087
Well gem dragons are (or were) already sort of a thing, which is why I'm reluctant to suggest using them for lustred chromatic dragons.
>>
>>44059116
Leshy or Nosoi.
>>
>>44059127
Then yours would work just as well!
>>
I am making a Monk 1/Inquisitor X focusing on using Wisdom for everything. Does this 20 point buy with human variant racials of 17Str 10Dex 12Con 19Wis 10Int 8Cha look good for a melee focused build? I would go zen archer monk 3, but we have a witch and flying blade swashbuckler as 2/4 of the rest of our party. Any other tips would be appreciated.
>>
File: lair.jpg (970 KB, 2625x1725) Image search: [Google]
lair.jpg
970 KB, 2625x1725
>>44053288
Pathfinder related:

Premade encounters:
koboldpress.com/archives/20595

and

Map dump:
>>44047941
>>
>>44058620
That sounds fair, and pretty much what I thought when I took a step back to look at the abomination of a character I created.

>dare self to create a CN character
>dare self to toe the line as close to something completely retarded as possible and still make it workable in a "normal" party
>decide that rolling age is a good idea, and wind up rolling absolute minimum age for a sorcerer
>dawning realization of how fucked this entire exercise was from the start

Character building challenges sometimes go wrong from the very beginning. That said, it't at least showing me I need to get better at descriptions of a personality.
>>
>>44056766

If you can hit high levels it pays off in spades. Level 5 musket master/ 4 feral Hunter, regularly doing more damage than everyone except cleave-adin. Misfires do occur but rolling against touch AC, grit points to clear misfire as a swift, multiple attacks a round, and regaining grit on a crit/kill keeps the damage per round exceptionally high. So far all of this just comes from feat tax and class features.

Also have a fair deal of utility for fun outside combat.

I'd say the largest problem with guns in PF is that their users tend to not consider other weapon options. Opening with a heavy crossbow and switching to a firearm during your move is always great considering not only its range increment/damage, but the fact that most your feat tax will also apply to the crossbow.

Also beneficial bandolier as a cheap (1000 g) magical item holds 200 shots worth of powder/bullet or cartridges and your powder horn and gunsmith's kit, always weighs 2 pounds, and let's you magically loss your firearm from one of the aforementioned 200 slots as a swift action.

Could it be better? Certainly. But there are a few plain class options that will give you damage and utility, and some good cross-class options as well. And the best reason to play a goblin when the campaign is not a "good guys save everyone" romp.
>>
File: dance.jpg (158 KB, 418x422) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
158 KB, 418x422
I came here for your hot steaming opinions on Occult Adventure classes.
>>
>>44059442
You didn't even mention exorbitant ammunition costs
>>
>>44059487
Some cool ideas but a lot of crap execution.
>>
>>44059487

Kineticist can blast ALL DAY.
>>
>>44059487
They're pretty crap and I like DSP's better.
>>
>>44059558
Still not as good as Swashbuckler's Charmed Life
>>
>>44059487
>>44059558

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19y_V3-_cKBzTYiFwt5M3Tij7ahQoPPt9XLTE1wreV68/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11s0QOvYSzcOZNxyhqrKnJrIg-jROgdUxM0o8jUHRdzM/edit

Thank you, based DSP.
>>
File: Suggestion.gif (565 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Suggestion.gif
565 KB, 250x250
>>44059487
For being "reflavored Bards," Mesmerists actually have some rather decent mechanics on them. Quite the solid class!

Spiritualists are neat, too.
>>
>>44059489
Only if you're buying solely cartridges and not making them yourself. Cross-classing into almost any casting class opens up abundant ammunition as a spell; and even if you don't do that, the spell could be put on something with a daily limit if your GM allows with an item creator in the party.

Rapid reload can also shorten the time it takes to load from shortena powder horn and worst case scenario you lose your move action due to reloading a 2-handed firearm. Once you hit a +6 BAB, grab vital strike. One shot a round is all you'll do with that anyway.
>>
>>44059642
Should specify, part of the gunsmith feat lets you make regular ammunition at 50% discount. Cartridges at 10%.

It's bonus feat for gunslinger and it's archetypes.
>>
>>44059642
Abundant ammo got errata to no longer work with bullets.
>>
>>44059376
Yeah, I'm sure that something good could be made from it, but I'd seriously suggest not combining CN and child character and/or not making a character bound to a specific alignment.
>>
>>44055786
>Why do you even play core+apg?
Eh. Excessive expansions always felt faggy to me. Might be a bit of leftover 3.5 reject syndrome.

Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>44059642
Abundant ammo doesn't work for anything alchemical anymore.

And you'll want alchemical stuff for free action reload/fire on almost every build IIRC.
>>
>>44059700
You got that backwards, regular ammo is 10% cartridges are 50%
>>
>>44059116
Jyoti and Bodaks
>>
>>44059710
what? that's retarded.
>>
>>44059711
The minimum rolled age for a kitsune sorcerer is 16. Still arguably a child, if you consider that Kitsune have a similar lifespan to humans, but according to Paizo 15+ is an "adult". It's still rather intentionally poorly designed, and I doubt I will ever bring this into a campaign considering how carefully it would have to be handled.
>>
I'm running a game for two, possibly three people soon. The two confirmed players are playing a Gnoll Gunslinger and some sort of Kobold Rogue, the maybe player is thinking of some sort of Goblin.

What kinda fun dumb shit should I try to spring on them?
>>
>>44059886
Paladins
>>
>people STILL use gunslinger for anything aside from 5 levels of bolt ace or a 1 level dip

why

why do you insist on playing that shit class when you could instead be a superior savage technologist or trench fighter?
>>
File: patchouli gun aim_1.png (164 KB, 739x416) Image search: [Google]
patchouli gun aim_1.png
164 KB, 739x416
>>44059979
because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>44059894
Gonna be getting dogged by a shotgun-toting Paladin with the Holy Gun archetype, actually!

>>44059979
The player wanted a gun-focused character. We haven't used guns in our games before but I'm interested in building a setting where they're frequent, and this seemed like the most obvious class choice for someone who just wants to use a lot of guns. If you've got more experience with firearms, input is welcomed.
>>
>>44059710
>>44059724
Aww what? Paizo's online reference document still just specifies non-magical. Alchemical isn't magical.

>>44059729
Oh, I was getting cost/discount reversed. Regular ammo at 10% cost, cartridges at 50%. Only remembered that regular was cheaper.
>>
I heard that Paladins of Asmodeus are possible now. So, what would be better - Oath against Chaos Paladin of Asmodeus or Hellknight? And, is it possible to do both?
>>
>>44060036
They ate not possible, but do it anyway. It would be cool.
>>
>>44059979
Because Mysterious Stranger.

Who doesn't wanna be a singing cowboy?
>>
>>44060035
Errata is a bitch.
>>
>>44060036
They are possible by RAW, because paizo messed up their wording on a trait, and when someone pointed it out they got all upset and tried to shut it down.

But RAW there's a trait that lets you treat Asmodeus as Lawful Neutral if you don't mind being from the feminazi utopia that crystal frasier keeps as her magical realm.
>>
Which item creation feat am I best off taking at 5th level as a mystic? Scribe Scroll, Craft Wondrous Item, Brew Potion, Craft Wand, or Craft Magic Arms and Armor?
>>
>>44060049
>>44060117
I do know of that trait, yes. The feminazi utopia doesn't matter because my DM said that that place does not exist and refluffed the traits. So, what would be better - a Paladin of Asmodeus or Hellknight? Or both?
>>
>>44060182
Depends on what you want to do. Both Hellknight PrCs are pretty solid, although neither one supports paladin very much. You could probably get a "stronger" build out of a caster class > Hellknight Signifier, but that might not be as much fun.
>>
>>44060156
Scribe scroll, magic arms and armor, and wondrous item. Brew potion is worthless
>>
>>44060363
>MFW my GM allows me to make 'wondrous items' that are one charge spells.
Man, why did brew potion have to suck?
>>
I crunched some numbers. Oathbound against Chaos/Warrior of the Holy Light Paladin could easily enter the Hellknight, and I think it would be pretty solid with Order of the Nail. So, requesting tips.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.