[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, I'm starting a new character and I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: dared evil.jpg (129 KB, 675x906) Image search: [Google]
dared evil.jpg
129 KB, 675x906
Hey /tg/, I'm starting a new character and I was wondering how I would go about making a blind character. You know the type of blind that gives you sonar and amped senses, basicly daredevil. I'll talk with the Dm about this later this week but I was just wondering what your opinons would be on wow I should go about playing it, I'm quite new to /tg/ stuff.
>>
>>44046466
Because no sight, you should focus on describing things via other senses.

>What noise did that pipe make as it hit the floor
>What does that dude's face feel like as you rearrange his dentistry with your fists
>What do your surroundings smell like
>>
>>44046659
This would be a lot of fun to DM for
>>
>>44046466
What system?
>>
>>44046659
My general back story would be something like i was a hunter and my eyes were 20/20, then a sorcerer/bad magic man stole my sight and I was left in the woods. Then I found my way through the forest and some monks found me. Taken up the moutain, I was trained and learned to fight and use my hearing to see. Now I'm on a revenge quest to find my eyes.
>>
>>44046871
I think it's a baby's version of dnd 5th edition. Most of my party of 4 are fairly new and the dm is new too. So I asume a lot of bull and house rules.
>>
>>44046466
you don't want to be blind
you just want super senses
>>
>>44046466
I'd rule you have immunity to the blinded condition, but being deafened also applies blinded's effects. You have blindsense out to a reasonable range (probably 30 feet), so you can detect invisible things and "see" even in magical darkness, but you lose it if deafened.
>>
You don't because STOP WITH YOUR FUCKING SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE SHIT.
>>
>>44046965
Innovative characters can be really fun to play.
That said, make sure your party is cool with it.
>>
Some sort of blindsense and a hearing bonus instead of standard sight is pretty easy to do, and if you play up the blindness limitations it's fairly reasonable in pretty much any game I can think of. I know 3.5 had a magic item that strait up did exactly what you're asking for, but I have no idea what system you're even talking about
>>
>>44046965
Yeah, I mean what's next? A guy who can do magic?
>>
I am currently playing a character who is both visually impaired and deaf. It's an odd experience. He has a hard time interacting with others, but somehow I have not only managed to be the party face, but flourished.
>>
>>44046466
What game are you playing, anon?

I've built a character like this for Shadowrun 4E, but I haven't gotten to play it yet.
>>
>>44046982
This is not innovative. This is stupid.

It's a pretend-flaw. Something that literally adds nothing to the character because you want to play a "blind" character who is literally not blind, but also apparently gets super-powers as well.

It's stupid. If you want to play an expy character, just say that's what you want to play, don't pretend it's this cool concept you want to figure out.
>>
I'm not sure how well it transitions to 5e, but I played a blind monk in Pathfinder once. Or to be more accurate, the monk I was playing was blinded. Everybody told me that getting blindsight was a waste of a feat, but when villains broke out blindness more often the joke was on them.

I fluffed it out as putting time and effort into training during the level I was blinded, culminating in coming up with techniques to more accurately percieve the world around me when I leveled up, and felt like a huge badass the first time I broke it out on enemies.
>>
>>44047042
I am unsure what you are mad about. I agree with you however that it is not exactly innovative, but working through the implications of blindness for a character is fairly interesting depending on the system.
>>
>>44047042
You alright? Bad experince or something?
>>
>>44046965
>his PC's hair isn't brown
>>
>>44047179
His parents were killed when the car they were riding in rear-ended a truck and they were crushed under four tons of Daredevil comics.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.