[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ccg/ Custom Card Thread /cct/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 27
File: Primer1.png (2 MB, 1400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Primer1.png
2 MB, 1400x1800
Equipment Edition

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Formatting Guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://www.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

>Old thread
>>44001553
>>
File: Sunleech Dagger.png (270 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sunleech Dagger.png
270 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Storm Breaker.png (292 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Storm Breaker.png
292 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Heatseeker.png (268 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Heatseeker.png
268 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Cute Girl.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cute Girl.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
Another Anon suggested this, but I found it funny enough to put it in the MSE.
>>
File: Dolores Blood Prophet.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Dolores Blood Prophet.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
Updated. Dunno if the ability is too wimpy now because it still gives looting/filtering to opponents with big hands.

>>44041814
Cute

>>44041233
Good

>>44041252
Meh. I'm not seeing anything interesting here but it's complicated enough that it seems like I should be.

>>44041270
I'm guessing this is top down design based on the art? Does a good job of that.
>>
File: Vivid Harleq.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Vivid Harleq.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
How can this be broken?
>>
>>44042325
Color changing effects are typically costed at 1 to 2 mana, possibly including a tap, but this guy has a pretty tight restriction, given that he's a Bear with no way to personally take advantage of changing colors.

It depends. If you give him Protection from X somehow, he effectively gains semi-hexproof in addition. How hard it is to give him protection becomes the issue. But even then, he's a bear.
>>
>>44042325
Not answering your question but in general everything about them is undercosted for being colorless. Both the CMC and the activated ability.
>>
File: Ezuris Claw.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ezuris Claw.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Fomori Bulwark.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Fomori Bulwark.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>44042068
>I'm guessing this is top down design based on the art? Does a good job of that.
Actually started as an equipment with a colored activated ability. Once I picked fire breathing, first strike seemed natural and I stuck on reach once I chose art.
>>
>>44042949
I enjoy this card.
>>
>>44042949
I think this shouldn't give defender on the equip. As is, the animation option seems too much better.
>>
File: cUSTOM MTG.png (693 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
cUSTOM MTG.png
693 KB, 1000x850
>>
File: Commune with Ancestors.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Commune with Ancestors.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>44046736
meh
>>
File: Commander Sheet.jpg (1 MB, 1875x1569) Image search: [Google]
Commander Sheet.jpg
1 MB, 1875x1569
Revamped a few of my commanders again. Thoughts?
>>
>>44047329
Too OP. Put them on the bottom
>>
File: Calthion The Halls of Silence.jpg (86 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Calthion The Halls of Silence.jpg
86 KB, 752x523
>>
>>44048109
this is dumb power level
>>
>>44048109
Too op... Maybe adding a few restrictions to it like:
- The cost reduction to the transformation counts only creature cards in your graveyard.
- Remove the "Exile target creature" ability, or change it to something less powerfull like "Target creature gets -3/-3 until the end of the turn."
- Change the "Draw two cards" ability to "draw two cards and discard one card".
>>
>>44047464
Volstad's text needs a tweak. If you like it how it is, fix the typo "Take an extra turn after this one. You cannot..." Also, I dislike extra turn shenanigans, even at 11 mana a piece, so maybe a "You cannot cast ~ on extra turns." rider.

Droug doesn't seem to do much warrior sort of stuff?

Whawei has the weird ability to turn non-land, non-creatures into land creatures. Granted, he's in green, but any G/x deck will then take that as "My creature removal is now ANYTHING removal!" Maybe instead:
>GGG : Target permanent becomes a colorless Forest land until end of turn.
May need adjusting if a repeatable Song of the Dryads is too strong, but this way Kamahl and Jolrael retains their identity of "make lands into creatures to fuck with wraths."

Also, who cares about Forestwalk on a 0/3 body?

Evette may be better as a "you may" ability. Notion Thief has a tendency to backfire rather hilariously against decks that draw a lot of cards (READ: many many decks), and Evette may be unplayable against a deck that reliably gains life (like Trostani or Karlov). Also, given that cards are drawn one at a time, the second ability should be
>Whenever an opponent draws a card, you gain 1 life.
It'll trigger for each draw.

Culldar should probably be templated like Soulfire Grandmaster and not Tamanoa.
>Permanents and spells you control have lifelink.

Phytos goes infinite (and forces a draw) with any Soul Warden type effect, of which there are many in his colors. Instead, perhaps
>2GW, T: Put X 1/1 white and green Plant creature tokens into play, where X is the amount of life you have gained this turn.

Wyn could do with just having Flash instead of Offering, probably.
>>
>>44048724
I already gave Volstad the "You cannot activate this ability on extra turns." rider, I figure that if you already have infinite mana and can give him haste while in blue, then you deserve to get it off. Otherwise you take a turn or two and then have to wait for the turn order to get around to you again before playing him again.

Droug was a Shaman, but I wanted to diversify him from Wamalli.

The Forestwalk was to enable a voltron that you REALLY need to put work into.

Offering adds that extra bit of flavor, and helps with commander tax a little.

Thanks for the input!
>>
>>44047464

Cont from>>44048724

Shubai on the other hand probably doesn't need Flash. Could probably use the "Inspired - Whenever Shubai..." ability word rider on it. Also, separate the two different actions on the tap with a period, not a comma. "... damage to target player. Creatures that player controls attack you this turn if able."

Gero seems really powerful. A repeatable Regal Force that also turns your creatures (of which there are probably many) into huge beaters? He's like an Edric that doesn't even have to swing.

Dox also goes semi-infinite, but this time to your doom, against Blood Seeker and Suture Priest. Again, I'd make it a voluntary ability.

I'm sure Nimi fights because of flavor reasons, but she should probably just destroy, because what sort of Assassin gets punched in the face by whatever they're assassinating?

The rest of these generals are pretty strong regardless of their tribe. Wamalli is forced into Shaman tribal, and I honestly have no idea how good of a tribe it is. I think another anon probably told you to do it this way, but I think it'd be better if it granted either two separate abilities or one ability that does both instead of riding on the tap. There are three times as many tap-less shamans as there are self-tapping shamans, for reference. Tap for Shock is pretty nasty as is, and keeps a lot of creatures off the board.

>>44048976
Again, I think a Time Warp in the command zone is inherently dangerous, particularly in a high-mana format like EDH, but I suppose there are commanders who do more with less than 11 mana and a pair of Swiftfoot Boots.
>>
>>44049093
>Shubai on the other hand probably doesn't need Flash. Could probably use the "Inspired - Whenever Shubai..." ability word rider on it. Also, separate the two different actions on the tap with a period, not a comma. "... damage to target player. Creatures that player controls attack you this turn if able."
Also, just realized, the downside is hardly a downside. You just only ever tap her during not-that-player's turn or their second main phase.

Perhaps
>Until that player's next turn, creatures that player controls attack you if able.
Although I don't know if that's the right templating.
>>
File: Illidan Thief.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Illidan Thief.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
>>
>>44049666
Whenever
>>
>>44049666
I could see this being hybrid black/red. Good job.
>>
>>44049666
You know, I'm working on a set which heavily uses the concept of artifact tokens (especially Gold tokens) for one, and I don't know how I didn't manage to think of this one. I like it.

Also, should say "whenever" instead of "when"
>>
>>44049093
>>44049139
I gave it flash and the abilities it currently has under the assumption that you would WANT to prock that 'downside' ability to force attacks. Although for your concern about the wording, I changed it to "T: Shubai deals 1 damage to target player. Until the end of that players next turn, creatures that opponent controls attack you each turn if able."
I felt keywording it's inspired cluttered up an already full textbox.

Nimi uses deathtouch and regenerate to highlight already present color synergies, it's not just removal, its also a regenerate to help protect her.

Wamalli is intentionally pigeonholed into shaman tribal for several reasons. First of all it is a limiting factor, that ability procks off of tapping, which includes attacking, and aside from white, red and green are the colors to be in for tokens. By forcing the derpy Shaman tribal on it, it is preventing it from getting TOO powerful. Secondly red and green are the only colors with Shaman tribal support, or enough Shaman's to make it even kinda viable without built-in token creation.

Yes, extra turns are the most degenerately broken thing in the game. But that is all that Volstad can do. (Well, aside from the worst commander protection ability ever.)

Again, thanks for the help.
>>
>>44049935
>Nimi uses deathtouch and regenerate to highlight already present color synergies, it's not just removal, its also a regenerate to help protect her.

Unless you keep creatures with 0 power around, anything she fights (including herself) will pop her Regeneration shield, meaning it doesn't work for protection unless she has First Strike, and you can't activate the ability without fighting something.
>>
>>44050084
I forgot that regeneration sets up a single use shield rather than just prevents death, thanks.
Fighting does not have anything to do with first strike, its not combat.
>>
File: Dwarven Piker.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Piker.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>>44049858
>>44049897
Fixed
>>
>>44050432
So... Bushido?
>>
>>44050446
yes
>>
>>44050432
Not only it is just bushido, but it should be written as "Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn."
>>
>>44050432
Should also be tenacious imo
>>
>>44050432
Just give him Bushido 1. There is no need for functional Identical Keywords
>>
>>44050932
Actually there is. Bushido is heavily loaded with flavor that only fits for Kamigawa-type stuff
>>
File: Akahana Generals Daughter.jpg (137 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Akahana Generals Daughter.jpg
137 KB, 750x1046
>>44051026
Did someone say Kamigawa?
>>
File: Hitoshi Bloodborne Death.jpg (129 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Hitoshi Bloodborne Death.jpg
129 KB, 750x1046
>>
>>44051896
Maybe restrict the counter gain to a single one per instance of life loss? As it can ramp up really quick and needs hard removal if it does.
>>
>>44051896
I agree with restricting it to one counter per life loss, especially since it already starts as an on curve body.
>>
File: Dragonslayer.png (264 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Dragonslayer.png
264 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Opaline Yari.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Opaline Yari.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Gheric Recruiter.jpg (84 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Gheric Recruiter.jpg
84 KB, 752x523
Time to procrastinate
>>
>>44052092
Isn't the point of a Dragonslayer that they're supposed to be smaller than the dragon?

If they're already as big as a dragon why do they need a special sword?
>>
>>44052287
The sword is the Dragonslayer, anon. It just gives its wielder enough power to go Berserk.
>>
>>44052324
k But if the creature already has 4+ power why does it need a dragonslayer? It's backwards.

Wouldn't it be better, if you're keeping the power requirements, to give it something like protection from dragons?
>>
>>44052274
The casting costs on this feel backwards - you'd want the Regiment after you've done all the Recruiting, not on turn 3. The flavor is nice, but would probably be better tied into mechanics if it was a regular transform card rather than a creature split card.
>>
File: Bloodpact Ritualist.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bloodpact Ritualist.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
>>44052405
>k But if the creature already has 4+ power why does it need a dragonslayer?
Probably for the reach, I'm guessing. Or for the overt reference. I don't know for certain, as it isn't my card.
>>
File: Crowd Cover.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Crowd Cover.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>44052478
The costs are balanced individually around their effects. The Darien-like effect is powerful, especially in limited and at uncommon.
>>
>>44052479

I'd like this better as an enchantment. You lose the fact that it's a 3/3 that can sacrifice itself, but eh.
>>
File: No Loitering.jpg (53 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
No Loitering.jpg
53 KB, 375x523
>>
>>44053009
"total power and toughness"
See: Wild Pair.
>>
File: Sacrificial Kris.png (245 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sacrificial Kris.png
245 KB, 375x523
>>44052405
Originally it had trample and prot dragons, but I felt like reach was more appropriate. I could always just rename it some variation of big-ass-sword instead of going for the easy reference.
>>
File: Salvagers Shovel.png (257 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Salvagers Shovel.png
257 KB, 375x523
>>44052594
I still love this card.

>>44052479
I like this too. Art focus is misleading though (the ritualist is so tiny).
>>
File: Agga Ramar.png (301 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Agga Ramar.png
301 KB, 375x523
>>
File: CatalystMechanic.jpg (301 KB, 1500x523) Image search: [Google]
CatalystMechanic.jpg
301 KB, 1500x523
And now for something completely different.
>>
>>44056565
Something is telling me this is a rules headache.
>>
>>44057564
This is incredibly parasitic, and can probably be done in a much neater fashion.
>>
>>44057795
The main focus is the catalyst cards themselves. Any deck that can take advantage of discarding could use these.
>>
>>44056565
>>44057604
Not really. If Agga leaves the board, all the Equipment-Manifests become Creatures and fall off as a state-based action.

It's actually pretty neat design.
>>
>>44056565
My only problem is his last ability, which basically lets you cycle through your deck until you get the morph you want.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.