[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, what abilities would you give to a mage themed around warmth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
/tg/, what abilities would you give to a mage themed around warmth? Not necessarily burning/melting heat, but more the cozy, keeps you warm in the winter kind of heat?
>>
>>44040114
Animating stuff, you know the warmth of life and all that
>>
seduction magic that requires direct contact (hugs and the like)
>>
The ability to be called a faggot by fire mages
>>
>>44040114
Resistance to cold is one. Some sort of relaxing aura she can set over places that "makes a house a home" for some sort of bonus when camping out, something offensive like flame on touch to make campfires and cook meals and the like, purify water(boiling water), if you're into it Warm Nights (some sort of benefit to whoever you slept with last). Theirs tons of ways a "warm" oriented person could make life easier on the party.
>>
>>44040114
Making concoctions that both heal and are very tasty, to tie it into the connotations of cozy warmth with home and comfort.
>>
>>44040114
Well, we are basically talking about the magical symbolism of a hearth, which historically has been associated with all kinds of magical attributes. Hearth has been frequently a place of sacrifices and often associated with various spirits and familiars that protect the household - such as the slavic domovoi. So I'd make the mage heavy orientation on familiars and/or protective spirits summoning.
It's also generally treated as a symbol of enclosed space - both physically and allegorically (in some cultures, I think the word hearth actually doubles in the meaning "close relatives"): so protective magic and defensive spells seem appropriate. Various wards in particular.
Finally, it's associated with roots, with something immovable, and something or somewhere you can return to. So something like re-call spells, the ability to "conjure" shelter or something like that, maybe?
>>
Summon Will'o'Wisp
Like a little floating pocket warmer
>>
Barriers against the supernatural, centered on walls and doorways, because once a place is designated home, they have a harder time entering those areas.
>>
Healing, specifically reactive heals and heal-over-time sort of things.
>>
>>44040975
I disagree. Rather than flat-out healing, it should be things like "share life" in combination to what others said, protective spells, barriers, wards.
I don't think warmth and it's associations are actually associated with healing and restoring, but rather with the ability to keep unpleasant things out to begin with, and the ability to share something within enclosed circle.
>>
Cuddles
>>
>>44040114
Sapping you enemies will to fight because it's so damn cozy, the kind of temperature that makes you want to doze off.
>>
Conjuring cozy cottages for your party
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.