[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Archaon vs Sigmar.jpg (632 KB, 1333x1262) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Sigmar.jpg
632 KB, 1333x1262
Age of Sigmar General

It is anime time edition

Carnac Maximus incoming, ignore the bait as you can.

>>AoS resource
pastebin.com/AuUfzJ70
>>
File: 1447454702568.gif (2 MB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
1447454702568.gif
2 MB, 400x297
>>44034435
Anything with my homie g Slaanesh being mentioned at all in the recent books? Better not be dead or I'll rage shit
>gif unrelated
>>
>>44034938
Nigga aint dead, but still missing. However, in one of the recent advent day short stories, it describes how their followers feel his absence, a hollow emptiness where he once was.
>>
File: 1426773811170.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1426773811170.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>44035038
Fuark
Might have to pepper myself to change colour schemes on my models if things go tits up (Hue tits, get it? A Slaanesh pun)
>>
>>44035063
Sensible chuckle, indeed.
>>
Not trying to shitpost or start a war here, but what made you guys decide to stick with Age of Sigmar instead of switching over to Kings of War like so many people have?
>>
>>44035220
It's not shitposting if you start a civil discussion. It's shitposting when you call us plebs or something for not switching over.

Several reasons. Many have their own, which often includes:
>disdain for mantic
>KoW ruleset is everything wrong with 8th edition
>completely uninteresting setting, even more generic fantasy than the old world ever was
>genuinely enjoy AoS
>like the direction of the new game
>like the direction of the new fluff

There are many more, and don't bother trying to argue any of the points because it will merely be an opinions vs opinions argument.
>>
File: 1436869675453.gif (954 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1436869675453.gif
954 KB, 400x225
>>44035220
> Less popular
> Shit posters invading AoS/Fantasy threads
> Steals shit from other games
> Generic fantasy gayme
>>
>>44035220
I switched to both. I'm honestly very happy playing both.
>>
>>44034435
ya know what? i like some of this new art and if i'm not mistaken it might be the same guy/girl that did some work in the last empire book with the knights

>>44035038
i wonder how daemons and daemon princes are doing if their god is depowered/missing. are they more vulnerable?
>>
5 days to APOCALYPSE!
>>
>>44034435
People actually play this?
In my local area only actual children play this while everyone else continues to play 5e.
>>
>>44035394
Well according to the path of glory supplement for AoS, no change whatsoever. I think it's more though so slaanesh players could participate instead of getting nerfed because of it.
>>
>>44035220

I'm mostly in it for the lore at the moment, which KoW has none of. The models are also seemingly being made with worse material over time, from hard plastic to restic. I know the whole line about how you can use any models, but doing that wouldn't make me feel like my army is part of a greater whole.
>>
>>44035220
I play both, AoS is more fun, runs better with less models (KoW is very model demanding, even with diorama rules), AoS lets me move models around instead of big squares, AoS is more open to me making up fun scenarios and having wandering monsters and other things which remind me of WHFB 3e and D&D, what it comes down to is AoS is literally 4 pages of rules, I can teach anyone to play it, nobody feels like they spend time looking up rules, or referencing charts or stat-lines.

It's simple, stream-lined, loads of fun, handles morale in an interesting way, people like individual models moving around and actually doing things (steve the skink killed an ogre last game) what it comes down to for me is:

1. Why would I play a game that's "like warhammer" when I can play warhammer?
2. All the people who don't play warhammer just do pitched battle and shove armies together, snooze inducing
3. The people playing AoS are having sweet campaigns using modified Path to Glory rules to allow people to hire mercenaries from any grand alliance, not just chaos.

KoW plays like a historical, but with some niggling bits here and there with the unit frontage, some of the special rule interactions, the availability of all the races, the availability of the rule books, so it doesn't get played very much.
>>
The more people tell me about AoS, the more it just seems like a revamped Mordheim with less in the way of campaign options.
>>
>>44036958
>gw game plays like a gw game

yeah, you cracked the code

Average units are 4s and 4s, above average are 3s and 4s (or 4s and 3s), great units are 3s and 3s, bad units are 5s and 5s.

Warhammer is warhammer friendo
>>
Should have used this artwork (finally one worthy to be called so) for the everchosen battletome

Gives a certain feel of...>>44036089 yes, apocalypse
>>
>>44037086
I-I-is there anymore? I want more everchosen art especially the cover art for the book, if it is captionless.
>>
File: 1449312378419.jpg (135 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
1449312378419.jpg
135 KB, 650x823
>>44037897
Are you prepared for ANIME!?
>>
>>44037086
>>44038097
so... umm...

why does archaeon want to destroy everything again?

isn't he done?
>>
>>44038166
Because he wanted someone to SAVE him, but nobody came. If he cannot be saved, then nobody will be SAVED.

Now it's all about power.
>>
>>44036089
Will you die from joy?
>>
>>44038241
>I was expecting "hug" in the spoilers
What have you done to me /tg/.
>>
File: image.jpg (714 KB, 1333x1262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
714 KB, 1333x1262
>>44038097
>>
>>44035038
>A hollow emptiness where he once was
A suggestive choice of words
>>
Genuine question here:
How do you play AOS? Has GW released actual rules? Are there point costs or something official to replace that?
>>
>>44035220
1. I think the KoW models are a massive step down in quality, especially how I consider modelling and painting 95% of this hobby.
2. Me and me mates actually prefer the new rules over 8th.
>>
>>44035063

just play Sigmar's Chosen, I'm sure you can find a colour scheme you like. No point of playing the filler armies in the setting
>>
>>44038694
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Read up, amigo
>>
>>44038989
Thank you, but I can only see the four-page booklet that was released since the reveal of AoS and the codices for old factions, and neither of them explains a thing about army building.
So, seriously, how do you prepare a list for a match? Don't tell me you just go with all the minis you want to play and use the sudden death rule to balance stuff out.
>>
File: Khorne.jpg (162 KB, 672x483) Image search: [Google]
Khorne.jpg
162 KB, 672x483
>Ushkar Mir and Bule died killing each other for Archaon's amusement
>They weren't mean to be his champions
It was one big fake out. Orphaeo Zuvius, the Prince of Embers is the chosen of Archaon. He became the Varanguard

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! You cannot comprehend how mad I am right now.
>>
>>44039082
Most people use a comp system (in the OP), and GW themselves encourages this. They've provided a barebones system, and it's up to a group to balance the rest if they want to. Seems to me that they got tired of making a massive system that people modified anyway with the old comp systems and said 'Screw it'. Making it into a light system that is easily moddable for those who wants to. I hear good things about clash of swords comp.
Personally my LGS is GW, where we use a wound/keyword system.
>>
>>44039160
Where's this from?
>>
>>44039219
Call of Archaon series.

Two parts were released today.
>>
>>44039230
Damn, I was just on part 4. Oh well, at least we'll have Stormcast Mir.
>>
>>44039160
So, for all we know, myr's only accomplishment was to redeem himself creating the stormcast myr?
>>
>>44039160
Just as planned.
>>
>>44036940
>3. The people playing AoS are having sweet campaigns using modified Path to Glory rules to allow people to hire mercenaries from any grand alliance, not just chaos.
Where can I get this?
>>
>>44039598
In op novel, battletome pdf link, should I rename the title?

>>44039553
>>44039160
... kill the interesting character, and retained the boring... FUCK YOU!!!

>>44039082
Officially, "be as big as you like", in op pastebin resource, there are a few comp doing well. All you need to know what is the scene of your flgs.
>>
>>44039925
I found the path to glory rules, but where can I get the modified rule set the anon mentions in his post?
>>
>>44039939
It's most likely just something his group homebewed.
>>
what's tg's opinion on the new varanguard?

bonus question, where can i buy big angry looking horses so i can convert them instead of paying £60 for 3.
>>
>>44041846
Rules are good, seem appropriate for archaon's inner circle knights to be shitkickers (they're tougher and hit harder than dragon ogres). The models aren't for me, though.

Not sure what might make a good proxy though. They've done them at a scale that I don't think a lot of companies do (as most companies that tried to hang on GW's coattails went for the old warhammer scale for obvious reasons). If you can find horses though the skullreapers/wrathmongers set may work for riders with loads of detail, if that's what you want, though it's still not a cheap box.
>>
>>44041846
in my opinion, they're a box of 3 HQs, they've got ridiculous stats, they're huge dynamic models, and they've got the price to go with it.
>>
GW stores are having a monster mash event a month from now. Rules are simple: bring a keyword "monster" model and fight it in a free-for-all against other players.

Besides Archaon, what's the best monster-killer monster in AoS? Halp pls.
>>
>>44042157
War hydra might do quite well as with its consistent healing it can keep its number of attacks high while other monsters drop away, but at the end of the day I think the necrosphinx is just too nasty. Even if it doesn't get its big hit (1/9 chance) it should be consistently putting wounds onto stuff while halving damage in return.
>>
>>44042157
Why don't you just buy a monster kit that you think looks cool and awesome, build it in a sweet pose, paint it up, and have fun.

Why must you need to win?

Also necrosphinx or a bloodthirster
>>
>>44042157
Aren't greater demons considered monsters?
If so just take a tzeentch GD and just spam powers until you win.
>>
>>44042347
I'll download the warscrolls in a few and look at them. Thanks :)

>>44042377
I definitely agree with you; I don't need to win. I'm just there to have fun. However, I do strangely get competitive in funny scenarios but play for fun in serious scenarios (ie tournaments). Honestly, I might bail on everyone's advice and build a vermin lord to add to my skaven collection after the mash.

>>44042394
And yes they are monsters. The store is spanking new with new players, however. I'd rather beat them up with physical attacks rather than tzeentch trickery and demoralize them.
>>
>>44042620
>Vermin lord
But which one?
>>
>>44042757
Specifically a Verminlord Corruptor for my Skaven Pestilens.

I know Lord Skreech is prob the best choice, but the Corruptor looks so badass
>>
>The templar rocked slightly on his armoured knees. It was just him and the God-King, in the holiest place in all the Empire.

>‘You have forsaken me,’ Kastner hissed to himself, his dry lips pronouncing each word slowly within the confines of the hood. The templar looked up at the statue’s proud features. The statue gleamed its goldenness and from the low angle, Sigmar looked like a haughty and disdainful god. ‘I have lived a devout existence. Bettered myself with study, for your good grace. Trained to my limits and served you through the sword. I have honoured you. I have loved you. I have given you everything I have. Yet you have left me lost on a path to I know not where.’

>The templar was bathed in shafts of coloured light from the stained-glass window and felt his harsh whispers rise on the heat of the morning sun.

>‘I am no longer an instrument of your design,’ Kastner said. ‘A yardstick to measure the purity of others, a weapon for you to wield in punishment and a shield to protect your Empire from foes near and far. I am changing. I am changed. I know it. Circumstance has turned me from my purpose, in service of others unknown. Like the warped arrow, I fly untrue, yet hit the mark. I will not be a nothing in your eyes. A dog to be put down in the street. I am not an error. An aberration. I am not history to be re-written. I am not a mistake to be corrected. Speak to me, my lord. My Emperor-of-all. My God-King. Show my heart the way. Lead me back to your light and love. I did all in service of you. Like the arrow shaft, I can be softened and straightened. Like the imperfect blade, I can be re-forged. I beg of you, my lord. Find use for me again.’
>>
File: Archaon.png (347 KB, 457x570) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
347 KB, 457x570
>>44043413
>Kastner rose to his feet. He felt sick to his stomach. His knees felt weak.

>‘Don’t leave me,’ Kastner pleaded with his lord, ‘the plaything of fate. Show me a sign – in this place of all places. Anything, curse you.’ But nothing came. Kastner’s lifetime of devotion and service was rewarded with the kind of monumental silence only a towering statue could deliver.

>‘You speak not,’ Kastner mouthed within the darkness of his helmet, ‘but I hear everything. Silence will be met with silence, God-King. Nothing so singularly personifies the prayer unanswered as a god powerless to save his people. So be it. You will watch your worshippers suffer and die – as I drag down your Empire into the embers of Armageddon. You will hear me then, God-King. You will hear me in the pleading prayers of your people, held under my blade. You will hear me in the ravenous fires – that will eat all you have lived to build. You will hear me in the deafening silence of the End Times, where I will leave your petty Empire no world left to conquer. Though half-blind, I see you for the fraud you have always been. The appealing ramblings of a mad friar. I renounce your false majesty – and will forge a path of my own making. I will champion my undoing and accept allegiance of those that already answer the hatred in my heart. I do this out of hatred for you, my lord. Out of hatred for all the fickle Powers of this world, who play at destiny with men’s souls. With darkness lies a new beginning, as with me lies the end of man and all godkind.’

This is how it all started. All the death and suffering that followed this fateful moment happened because Sigmar refused to save this poor soul. Sigmar answered the pleas of his most faithful servant, Diederick Kastner, with silence. He left him in the dark, and in the darkness he will be reborn to the be the bane of all things.

ARCHAON

He continues to make true on his promise to this day...
>>
>>44043538
>Waaah daddy didn't love me so I'm going to smash stuff
Worst backstory ever.
>>
File: Valten.jpg (72 KB, 270x333) Image search: [Google]
Valten.jpg
72 KB, 270x333
>‘I am here, Diederick Kastner,’ Valten said. His words were punctuated by the slow clop-clop-clop of his horse’s hooves.

>‘Do not say that name,’ Archaon said, his voice calmer than it had been a moment ago. ‘You have not earned the right to say that name. You are not him.’

>‘No, I am not. I thought, once, that I might be… But that is not my fate,’ Valten said. ‘And I am thankful for it. I am thankful that my part in this… farce, as you call it, is almost done. And that I will not have to see the horror that comes next.’

>‘Coward,’ Archaon said.

>‘No. Cowardice is not acceptance. Cowardice is tearing down the foundations of heaven because you cannot bear its light. Cowardice is blaming gods for the vagaries of men. Cowardice is choosing damnation over death, and casting a people on the fire to assuage your wounded soul.’ Valten looked up, and heaved a long, sad sigh. ‘I see so much now. I see all of the roads not taken, and I see how small your masters are.’ He looked at Archaon. ‘They drove their greatest heroes and warriors into my path like sheep, all to spare you this moment. Because even now… they doubt you. They doubt, and you can feel it. Why else would you be so determined to face me?’

>‘You do not deserve to bear that hammer,’ Archaon said. ‘You do not deserve any of it.’

>‘No.’ Valten smiled gently. ‘But you did.’ He lifted Ghal Maraz. ‘Once, I think, this was meant for you. But the claws of Chaos pluck even the thinnest strands of fate. And so it has come to this.’ His smile shifted, becoming harder. ‘Two sons of many fathers, forgotten mothers and a shared moment.’ He extended the hammer. ‘The gods are watching, Everchosen. Let us give them a show.’

>‘What do you know of gods?’ Archaon snarled. ‘You know nothing.’

>‘I know that if you want this city, this world, you must earn it.’ Valten urged his horse forwards and Archaon did the same.
>>
File: you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg (100 KB, 498x270) Image search: [Google]
you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg
100 KB, 498x270
>‘To think, they believed that you could save them,’ Archaon said.

>‘To think, I once thought you might do that yourself,’ Sigmar said. Archaon hesitated. Sigmar smiled sadly. ‘Diederick Kastner, son of a daughter of the Empire. You could have been the sword that swept my land free of Chaos forever. In a better world, perhaps you have. But here and now, you are nothing more than another petty warlord.’

>‘You know nothing about me,’ Archaon said, still holding his sword aloft.

>know you. I saw you born and I saw you die, again and again. I saw your soul twisted all out of shape by the honeyed words of daemons, and I saw you turn your back on me. I saw and I wept, for you, and for what I knew you would do.’

>Archaon lowered his blade. ‘No…’

>‘You made yourself a pawn of prophecy,’ Sigmar said. ‘You set your feet on this path. The daemons helped, but it was you who walked into the darkness. It was you who fled the light, Diederick.’

>‘You are not Sigmar. The gods are all dead, and he was a lie,’ Archaon grated.

>‘Are they dead, or are they a lie? Make up your mind,’ Sigmar said. He could see Ghal Maraz’s haft, just out of the corner of his eye. He stretched a hand towards it.

>‘You are lying,’ Archaon roared. He lifted his sword, but before he could bring it down, there was a flash of white fur, and then Wendel Volker was there. Axe and sword connected with a screech, and the former exploded in its owner’s hands. Volker staggered, and Archaon’s sword chopped down, through his shoulder and into his chest. Archaon tore his blade free and the Reiksguard fell. Sigmar rolled over and reached for the hammer, but Archaon kicked it aside. ‘No! No more distractions. No more lies,’ Archaon howled. ‘You die now, and your Empire dies with you.’
>>
>>44043879
>>‘Are they dead, or are they a lie? Make up your mind,’ Sigmar said.

l2riekspiel, Sigmar.
What Archaon said was that the gods were dead and that Sigmar was a lie.
So the gods are dead and Sigmar was not a god anyway.
Geez.
>>
>>44043879
What's that from?
>>
>>44044217
Star wars.
>>
>>44044229
thx

No seriously, that passage.
>>
File: Horus_vs_The_Emperor.jpg (905 KB, 1600x1169) Image search: [Google]
Horus_vs_The_Emperor.jpg
905 KB, 1600x1169
>>44043879
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>44044277
Archaon won though.
And Sigmar was an ass rather than a friend.
>>
>>44044246
>>44044217
Lord of the End Times novel.
>>
>>44044435
Thanks anon, I love you.
>>
File: Emperor crew.jpg (316 KB, 1220x1120) Image search: [Google]
Emperor crew.jpg
316 KB, 1220x1120
>>44044346
>Archaon won though.
That makes bearded german hobo even more pussy than Emprah.
>>
>>44037086
Holy fuck that looks shit.
>>
>>44044568
it looks good at its full resolution
>>
>>44038241
Save him from what? From wanting to be saved?
>>
>>44043538
Wasn't Sigmar trapped by Tzeentch or something?
>>
Was newest audiobook about Mannfred and Sigmarines shared in Mega folder? For some reasone it(folder) won't open for me.
>>
>>44044760
no he was tricked
>>
>>44044782
So he could have done something but Tzeentch tricked him?
>>
>>44044838
No they were fighting and tzeentch openned a portal which appeared like archaon was riding around, sigmar didn't want archaon to fuck shit up so he threw ghal maraz at him, but since it was a portal the hammer ended up on the plane of metal. Sigmarines already found it but a lot of them died and were reborn... not quite right, go read pet cemetery to get a better idea of how storm cast reforging isn't the greatest.
>>
>>44044715
>Save him from what?

His dark destiny.
>>
>>44044873
I was talking about in the old world. How does Sigmar reforge Stormcast anyway?
>>
>>44044882
How is that something one needs intervention for? Just say "No, thanks" and be done with that crap. "Save me from X or I will choose X because I resent you for not saving me from X" is complete nonsense.
>>
>>44044936
People aren't logical when having a crisis of faith. Also he has Be'lakor genes in him. He suffers from a condition I call the "Be'lakor Affect". Anything Be'lakor touches or related to said daemon has the chance to suffer a decrease of quality.
>>
>>44044936
>How is that something one needs intervention for? Just say "No, thanks" and be done with that crap.

Not that easy, hombre.
Diederick tried to stop the coming of Archaon, even going so far as to kill himself, but a dark power twisted fate and would not allow him to die or change his course.
Thus he was forced to appeal to a higher power to save him, but was given only silence.
>>
>>44044930
Their souls return to him when their bodies are slain, usually. Then new bodies are created for them. But each time they die they lose pieces of their soul and become less like men.
>>
>>44045403
I meant the whole process. What makes them lose pieces of them? nagash?
>>
>>44045472
Yes, he is reaching out to reclaim the souls stolen from him.

The creation of the Stormcast is slowly killing him.
>>
>>44045487
He started it for making a deal with Archaon. Maybe if Rattle Bones and Sigmar make up he'll stop slowly dying and the Stormcasts will stop losing pieces of themselves?
>>
File: Archaon (closeup).png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (closeup).png
1 MB, 640x732
>The Many-Eyed Servant whispered what he seen to his master.

>‘There is a light in the darkness, Exalted One.’

>‘Light is but a brightness of the moment,’ the Everchosen said, his words burning on the air. ‘The spark of flint. The strike of lightning. It passes. Darkness is forever.’

>‘This spark,’ the Many-Eyed Servant said, ‘has started a fire, my lord. A fire from the sky that threatens to rage through the Shatterlands and bring hope to peoples beyond. The God-King’s warriors rain from the heavens and have made landfall. Our bastions along Cape Desolation are theirs.’

>‘Sigmar’s warriors,’ Archaon said, ‘in the Shatterlands?’ The Many-Eyed Servant heard both searing outrage and relish in his master’s voice. ‘Its people will come to know the exquisite torment of hope dashed and the terror of lights extinguished.

>‘Send word to my warlords, my champions and the fell kings of the surrounding regions. Summon my unholy Varanguard. I shall lead the Knights of Ruin myself in a counter invasion. Those bastions shall be mine again. The God-King’s light shall be banished and his warriors shall flee for the skies. I want Sigmar to know that he will find no purchase in lands forever dedicated to the Chaos gods.’
>>
>>44045520
Unlikely.

Nagash currently cannot move. The Stormcast process has left him weak and imprisoned on his throne.

My guess is that Mannfred will lead the Stormcast to Nagash, and then Nagash would devour their souls to restore his strength.
>>
>>44044760

Yes, he was apparently trapped in the Wind of Heavens and freed when the Great Vortex was undone.
>>
>>44045559
>Darkness is forever.’
DARKNESS! And just in case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N2ceKEOI1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl1hOco9RDs
>>44045587
Are regular souls not enough for him?
>>
>>44044760
Yep inside the vortex near Ulthuan
>>
>>44042157
Skarbrand kills everything that's within range.
>>
>>44041846
How BIG are the Varanguard actaully? Like dragon Ogre size?
>>
>>44045472
>What makes them lose pieces of them? nagash?

Just death.
Same thing happened with Skarr Bloodwrath.
>>
>>44037010
>>44037010

So why all the butthurt with AoS/Warhammer fans?

I mean, if Warhammer fans don't like AoS but like the minis - rebase them and use them.

If they hate the gameplay - use Mordheim.

If they hate the setting - ignore it and go with the 9th Age storyline or recycle back to the The Storm of Chaos.

Why the massive hate on?
>>
>>44046144
>Why the massive hate on?

It replaced WHFB.
>>
File: overcompensating for something.jpg (182 KB, 1000x346) Image search: [Google]
overcompensating for something.jpg
182 KB, 1000x346
>>44045897
not perfect, but the only thing I'd found

alternatively there's the release video that has one pretty close to a stormcast
>>
>>44046168

So? It's not like you can't still get WHFB stuff. And everyone knows they're going to still be supporting it with the new Specialist Games division. Which means all the new WHFB stuff is going to come out through Forgeworld.

Shouldn't this be something that makes us happy?
>>
>>44046168
and desecrating the corpse, don't forget that part.
>>
>>44044775
Not yet, unless somebody wants to share it?
>>
>>44046144
>Why the massive hate

>why are neck-beards irrational opinionated people with poor social skills?
>>
>>44046289

>It's not like you can't still get WHFB stuff.

Actually you can't to an extent, GW no longer much, if anything to do with Fantasy ruleswise. Which means that you're pretty much reliant on ebay or hoping a FLGS or online retailer still has some of whatever you're looking for in stock.

Models are also gradually getting repackaged with round bases or in the case of models that came with a sculpted base or getting replaced like Archaon are simply no longer available from GW.

>And everyone knows they're going to still be supporting it with the new Specialist Games division. Which means all the new WHFB stuff is going to come out through Forgeworld.

No, this isn't confirmed at all and more than likely is not going to happen.
>>
>>44046584
Black library sells the 8e pdf and GW sells square bases

8th ed fantasy isn't even good
>>
>>44046645

Black Library sold 8th Edition in ebook form a long time ago, most people just didn't give a fuck until recently out false hope and ignorance.

GW does sell squares, for now, but you have to remember just what size each model used.
>>
>>44046693
If you need help remembering just use KoW :^)

Also, I'll give you a hint, if they don't fit on 20mm they fit on 25mm :^)

furthermore you can find TO packets which have a size guide of bases for every model
>>
>>44046584
>>And everyone knows they're going to still be supporting it with the new Specialist Games division. Which means all the new WHFB stuff is going to come out through Forgeworld.
>No, this isn't confirmed at all and more than likely is not going to happen.

Hehe.

You're in for a great Christmas.
>>
>>44046920
>whfb will be "specialist"

you're fucking stupid if you think that forgeworld will start doing mass battles for age of sigmar
>>
Gaunt Summoner is apparently $40
>>
>>44046645
>8th ed fantasy isn't even good

>it is unbalanced!
>just gentlemanly agree your battle with the opponent
>it is boring!
>just play narrative scenarios
>I don't want to field all those models!
>just play smaller games

Noticed anything familiar?
>>
>>44046983
The magic ruins it, narrative scenarios are shit the way ranked combat works, smaller games literally don't work for some armybooks

Like, I hate all of warhammer 8th, nothing can make it good
>>
>>44047056
Magic doesn't work only if you're abusing it
If the scenarios are shit is because you're using the wrong one or playing it the wrong way
Ranked combat ruins the game only if you're a waac faggot
I've seen and played good games against all armies at 500pts
The only times the game went bad was when 2 overly specialized list met each other and one happened to be the rock against the enemy's scissor

If it didn't work it's because you were not in the spirit of the hobby :^)

Seriously, don't you see the similarities?
>>
I desperately want more Archaon anime.
I wish they would put out a comic in that style.
>>
>>44044545
>halberd-bolter
>>
>>44049369
Custodes get those. One Chapter Master may have a Custode halberd that shoots lasers though.
>>
>>44046966

is he a character or a type of tzeentch sorc?
>>
>>44050339

Type of Tzeentch sorcerer.
>>
File: IMG_1383.jpg (406 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1383.jpg
406 KB, 1195x1600
>>
File: IMG_1384.jpg (390 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.jpg
390 KB, 1195x1600
>>
File: IMG_1387.jpg (294 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1387.jpg
294 KB, 1195x1600
>>
>>44050869

Wonder if the book's contents are sculpted or freehand.
>>
I heard that some of the newer AoS digital releases are harder to upload/use when stolen, is this true? Are the geedubs foiling our dastardly plans?
>>
>>44051114
sculpted? you mean a decal? anyway im pretty sure it's freehanded
>>
>>44051495

Decal didn't come to mind, maybe because I was primarily focused on the Chaos star.
>>
>>44051724
the question didnt make any sense though. you can't have something sculpted OR painted. you can have painted or decal. you can have sculpted or molded, but not sculpted or painted.
>>
File: B8Vx8y0.jpg (206 KB, 1024x752) Image search: [Google]
B8Vx8y0.jpg
206 KB, 1024x752
>>
So /tg/ I haven't really paid much attention to End Times and AoS but back in 8th I enjoyed playing my Vampire Counts so could someone please answer a couple of fluff questions?

I understand that the army is now 'Death' alongside Tomb Kings under Nagash and they live in the realm related to the wind of Death. I'm also under the impression that as an Incarnation of magic Manfred survived and is there too.

My questions are:
What other vampires are there other than him (not necessarily named ones from the old world but rather are there *any* others)?

What does he/they feed on, I was under the impression the whole realm was dead stuff?

What does he/they think about Nagash being back and in charge?

Are there any Lamians living in human settlements like they used to (I know this one might be a long shot since I don't know of any other human settlements than Sigmar's space city)?
>>
>>44052809

Manfred isn't an incarnation of magic.

Yes there are other vampires, but at most they've just appeared in BL works.

Unknown, but there are living people in Shyish.

Unknown, will probably be similar to Fantasy in that some are content living under his rule while others aren't.

Unknown.

Basically, a lot of this stuff isn't going to get answered until either book focused on or a battletome for vampires comes out.
>>
>>44053032
Oh, that's disappointing. I guess I'll just have to keep half an eye out for that then.
>>
>>44053032
Any idea why mannfred destroyed the world in endtimes?
The incarnates had the doomball under control and then he shanked teclis in the back and basically fucked the world over.
Whyd he do that knowing it would kill him too?
>>
>>44053274

I'm not sure if he really knew or not.

He may have been blinded by revenge and figured that he was fucked either way.
>>
>>44053332
oh so shit writing.

he must have known what was going to happen. he saw what happened until that point,

If he is one of the characters who comes back in AoS that would be stupid as hell
>>
>>44053363
He has a new kit, of course he'll be back.
Nagash is clearly incapable of learning if he chooses to bring back the fuckhead that punked the world over, mind you, but that's how these things go. Sensible decisions are not his MO this time around, it seems.
At least his model is still leaps and bounds better than Archaon's.
>>
File: releases.png (21 KB, 667x320) Image search: [Google]
releases.png
21 KB, 667x320
>>
>>44050890
That spell is cool. Harder to cast against high bravery stuff, but does more damage the higher the bravery, but low bravery stuff can lose extra models to battleshock. Interesting.

Autosummoning is nasty, but it seems fluffy for opponents to have to try to kill the summoners and/or retake the realmgate to stop the daemons coming in.

Dagger is weird. While being able to kill any monster or character (or character on monster) in a single hit is neat, a lot of those have high bravery values, and you still need to have hit, wounded, and go through the save to get that far. Still, it's pretty fun, might make opponents afraid to get into combat with the weedy tzeentch weakling.

He goes very well with a numinous occulum, both for his spell and his comedy dagger.
>>
>>44055149
>Realmgate Wars: Call of Archaon
Is this a new novel or a compilation of the short stories?
>>
4 days to APOCALYPSE!
>>
File: price.jpg (77 KB, 871x615) Image search: [Google]
price.jpg
77 KB, 871x615
>>44055149
So the new tzeentch dude on disk is the same price as the old tzeentch dude on disk. I can live with that.
>>
Mega-anon, are you here? I want to send you last two instalments in Call of Archaon. Can you specify time when you be in thread so we could do transmission of files?
>>
>>44055404
Wait what, do we actually have a price for him and if so does that mean we have an Australian price for him?
>>
>>44055631
Are you the same who has battletomes seraphon and dreadhold?
>>
>>44055646
Aaaand I just saw the above pic..
>>
>>44055649

No. I'm anon who donated two short stories in previous thread.
>>
>>44055646
its 50 Canadian.
I have no idea why you wouldn't just buy a burning chariot.

that goes for people who buy screamers as well.
>>
>>44055700
The burning chariot is an incredible box for what you get, (I got six and a half models out of it,) but the actual gaunt summoner himself is a nice sculpt so I'm tempted anyway.
>>
>>44046144
Why are people mad that a 30+ year old setting was trashed for this nonsense and that the models they need for their game will slowly be discontinued?

They were waiting for GW to fix the game and instead they destroyed it and replaced it with something that is so lazily written it lacks point values and army composition rules.
>>
>>44056623

This families

I don't know why GW didn't pull a Battletech and just make two seperate eras but keep rules support for both.
>>
Which type of chaos chariot do you feel is best, anons? Normal or Gorebeast? The gorebeasts have +1 wound and better attacks than the horses, but the horses get +1 attack.
>>
>>44056623
>nonsense
Subjective. Next.

>and that the models they need for their game will slowly be discontinued?
Post proofs. I think Tenenhuin went (and special characters can disappear, see Imperial Guard) and that is literally it so far.

>They were waiting for GW to fix the game
>GW
>fix the game
Have you SEEN the state of 40k recently?

>lacks point values and army composition rules
Going with a 40k comparison again, there's been a load of shitposting in the general recently over whether certain OP forgeworld stuff is "legal" for normal 40k games, often coming down to whether they put a stamp artwork on the page or not. Also generally to do with the general WAAC state of the game (as once a club has enough WAAC players everyone has to become a WAAC player to keep up). Literally all of these problems are solved by AoS's "don't be a dickhead or people won't play you" system, it's weird but when people can't claim their army is "legal" and that's it they have to take some responsibility for the list they write.
>>
>>44057127
I'd go gorebeast every day, 2 damage is great. Their charge ability is pretty cool too, 2" could mean a lot of models giving you rolls.
>>
>>44057152
>Post proofs.
Swarms are gone. Oxyotl is gone. At least one other generic skink character is gone.
>>
>>44057152
>Literally all of these problems are solved by AoS's
If that's solving the problem, killing the patient is a cure for cancer.

Nothing stops an asshole from trying to be a waac faggot in AoS too, not playing against him is the same solution you can apply for any other games, the only reason it seems a "solution" in AoS it's because you can't have a game in any other way, while for other systems you get both cases because for how unbalanced it can be, it still works to a certain extent.
>>
>>44057152
Except guess what, non WAAC people want proper army lists with rules and points values as well.
>>
>>44055310
It's the series BL released in the past few months. They just finished the eBooks, so they release the hardback edition.
It's a compilation of short stories, but they're all connected like chapters of a novel.

01. Beneath the Black Thumb, David Guymer
02. Eye of the Storm, Rob Sanders
03. The Solace of Rage, Guy Haley
04. Knight of Corruption, David Annandale
05. The Trial of the Chosen, Guy Haley
06. In the Lands of the Blind, Rob Sanders
07. Blood and Plague, David Annandale
08. See No Evil, Rob Sanders
>>
>>44057193
Thanks, m8. How do you feel about weapon choices? D6 attacks or rend? Maybe I should magnetize.
>>
>>44057551
I'd go with rend, mainly because D6 attacks isn't even better half the time.
>>
>>44057391
Aye, I really prefer my narrative games to include rules for fielding armies as they are supposed to be in the fluff, not throw whatever you want on the table.

Playing an army that needs a certain number of peasants with spears and can only bring a dragon at a certain size makes a lot more narrative sense to me than being allowed to field Stromcast next to Chaos to fight off those damned, dirty elves.
>>
>>44057404
I really wish BL would stop with that shit. It killed my interest in the HH and I'm probably not going to bother keeping up with AoS if that is the format new fluff is being released in.
>>
>>44057951
It's just for compilation for the guys who missed the subscription or want their books to be in harback. I don't see how it's bad.

If you missed the subscription and its discount, it's your fault. If you want the stories in hardbook format, then it's your choice.
>>
>>44057980
I don't want a subscription, nor do I want ebooks or short stories. I want novels. Real, paperback, novels. Something BL used to be very very good at but these days they are pushing this kind of stuff as well as the limited editions, expensive hardbacks and novellas.
>>
>>44058061
>I want novels. Real, paperback, novels.

Like the 12 novel series about the Beast Waaagh!?
>>
New mortal realms podcast is out. I think I saw that one or two folks here were listening a few weeks back.
>>
>>44058083
I'm not really interested in 40k orks, but yes, why couldn't we have that for AoS?
>>
>>44058122
You have the Realmgate war series.

Nearly each major AoS release had its own novel.
>>
>>44058122
>why couldn't we have that for AoS?

BL have released novels covering everything in AoS so far and more besides.
>>
What do you think of this chaos army, sort of a fluffy tzeentch monster/buff army. Not full birdman, just as a wandering warband dedicated to tzeentch.

Brotherhood of Beasts
Chaos Lord on foot/ demonic mount
Sorcerer Lord on foot
Tzeentch Sorc Lord
10 Chosen
5 Knights
20-30 Warriors
5 Marauder horsemen with javelins
Maybe some foot marauders
Gorebeast Chariot
6 Dragon Ogres
Warhounds
Shrine
Familiars

So it's sort of a travelling tribe, the sorcs reading the omens and signs, telling the lord and his retinue where to go, being the elite core, surrounded by the marauders/horsemen/hounds as the rest of the tribe, while the beast part speaks to the dragon ogres, gorebeast and the shrine giants, goaded by the sorcs and tzeentch's will to follow. As a bonus it'll work out with the warband formation, opening possibilities for DPs and tzeentchian favor. The core will be the heavy infantry, boosted by armor rerolls.
>>
New MEGA folder:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

I haven't all the novels, but I'm working on it.
>>
>>44059128

Are where anything new there or you just compiled what's already could be found on the net?
>>
>>44059128
This is probably me being new with mega, but how do I use the link with the mobile app?
>>
>>44055631
I am now, sent the stuff to the email and I'll get it done asap
[email protected]
>>
>>44050890
I like him very much. Now I can have 4 different Tzeentch Sorcerers (Sorcerer Lord with Mark of Tzeentch, Sorcerer Lord with Mark of Tzeentch on Manticore, Tzeentch Sorcerer and this guy) in my warband. Not even including Galrauch or Daemon Heralds.

(Warp)Fire away!
>>
>>44059715

OK, sent.

Using this opportuity, do you plan to upload third audiobook about Mannfred and Stormcasts any time soon?
>>
>>44059348
It's just a compilation now, but asap I'll upload all the novels lost with the deletion of the last MEGA folder.
>>
File: Archaon01.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Archaon01.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
Archaon, the Everchosen, the Dark Shadow of Chaos, the Three Eyed King, the Lord of Chaos, the Dark Beast, the Chosen One, the World Razor, the Dark Redeemer, the Lord of the End Times, the Thirsting Predator, the Destroyer of Worlds, the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse.
The man.
The myth.
Than legend.

Why doesn't Sigmar face him, bros?
>>
>>44060360
Because he's not sure to defeat him. It's in the fluff.
>>
File: 1449330500584.jpg (35 KB, 474x569) Image search: [Google]
1449330500584.jpg
35 KB, 474x569
>>44060360

Remember when this guy jobbed to an Orc?
>>
>>44060360
Has there ever been a picture of his face?
>>
File: TzeentchSymbol.jpg (9 KB, 133x142) Image search: [Google]
TzeentchSymbol.jpg
9 KB, 133x142
>>44058495
Looks fine. Tzeentch is really powerful in AoS.

I run something quite similar, only with more Chosen and Wizards/Daemons to get more different spells. Familiars are great and a must have. Did I mention I like spells?

Try to get Galrauch if you can. He's INSANE.

Maybe try out an Exalted Flamer or two. They are almost too good/OP.
Too bad you only get them with the Burning Chariot, but the kit has lots of other bits/models, so I guess it's a good deal nonetheless.
>>
>>44058495
>opening possibilities for DPs

Slaanesh likes this
>>
>>44060552

Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.
>>
>>44060360
Jesus, this guy has more titles than Daenerys "Diarrhea" Targaryen..
>>
>>44060360
>Why doesn't Sigmar face him, bros?

He will as soon as he gets a model.
We have two Gods/Incarnates of Magic with rules now. I'm sure the others will follow.

I really want to see Malerion (ought to be an awesome model) and Gorkamorka.

30k has Primarchs.
AoS has Gods.

Kinda nice to be honest family.
>>
>>44061465
Celestant-Prime already took Sigmar's spot.
>>
>>44061286
Thanks man. Yeah, I was going by what I have available from my collection already, though I was thinking about adding the exalted flamer, maybe some screamers (it's a nice model) and a mutalith as the topping on the beast-cake. I'll have to check out Galrauch, not really paid much attention to him yet. Maybe some spawn for transmogrificaton shenanigans as well, at least if I get a vortex beast.
>>
>>44061465
Sigmar retired after Archaon defeated in the Battle of the Burning Skies and Allpoint. He saw that his role was a warrior king was over. He would no longer fight but guide his warriors as the God King.

No model for Swigmar.
>>
>>44060457
After he defeated Sigmar-reborn and his prophet in a continuous fight.
>>
File: rude.jpg (71 KB, 556x695) Image search: [Google]
rude.jpg
71 KB, 556x695
>>44062395
Why did Sigmar choose to reincarnate as someone so rude?
>>
>>44061490
The Celestant Prime is a 8W weakling bearing a weapon too big for him.

>>44062371
If FW makes a model for the Emperor you can be sure we will see Sigmar down the line,
Think of the sales.
>>
Tabletop Minis released a new battrep recently, and this one was actually pretty good! Lot's of back-and-forth between the 2 armies. This was an interesting battleplan which had an interesting outcome for the battle. I recommend this one. It goes to show that even with just a points system and using a battleplan, these games can be pretty exciting.

https://youtu.be/yfuxAV1Yatw
>>
>>44061465
I'm not a massive Sylvaneth fan, but having an Alarielle model which buffs the army would be quite cool
>>
>>44034938
>>44035038
>>44035063
Slaaneshi Daemons just got a new novel, so, it's unlikely he/she/it's gone.

>>44056623
Thing is, friend, is that WHFB wasn't selling and the option would have been just to end it.

Had they ended WHFB then and there, would it have been better? No more models, no more lore, nothing, but you'd still use 9th edition or whatever fan rules you wanted, right? So, what's stopping you now?

As for "slowly be discontinued", then why are we getting new Dwarf models next year? :S
>>
>AoS released
>Sigmarines get loads of models
>Khorne gets loads of models
>Tzeentch to get a new model
>Chaos to get new models
>Dwarfs to get new models
>Lizardmen don't get anything

Welp, confirmed to be not selling. GW should have just removed them for fuck sake.
>>
File: krox alt.jpg (115 KB, 1284x856) Image search: [Google]
krox alt.jpg
115 KB, 1284x856
Not bad at all. Though I do like the ones we have, just more options/variation would have been nice.
>>
>>44065434
You're askin' for a stonin'.
>>
>>44056623

I don't think points or army composition rules were excluded because they didn't feel like doing them, but because GW seemingly only knows clubs and mistakenly believes that people playing the game won't intentionally be assholes.

>>44057111

Because they didn't want both, not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.
>>
>>44065592
Well explain why Dorfs got new dudes, but Lizardmen didn't?

We got rebases and cheaper PPM. Woopdedo.

We then lost Tehuhauin warscroll and Skink Chiefs.

All the heroes became generic, but somehow Khorne Memetide gets to keep their special characters.

I know it's "ur dudes" encouragement but GW said that didn't work for 40k when they last tried it and I dunno why they're doing it here.

Why didn't we get anything new? Why no new Saurus Knights or Kroxigors?
>>
>>44056623
>GW makes rules
>makes them for 35 years, not 30 (not surprising a shitposter got it wrong, facts are anamthea to them)
>writes rules constantly
>constantly told their shit, OP, bad, awful, complicated
>do this day in day out for 35 years, have people constantly complain, moan, say this is undercosted, this is overcosted, this is too OP, this isn't OP enough
>get fucked in the ass by Chapter House
>have to cover their asses legally from now on
>WHFB hasn't been selling well for at least 2 editions
>decide to make a bold decision to try and revitalise it and cover their legal asses while making it easier and cheaper to get into
>no more is it WS v WS, S v T, Armour Save, Ward Save, Cover Modifier, 15 Magic Lore Modifier, Special Rule Modifier, Magic Item Modifier and so on
>game needs new blood and now it does

And finally, even if GW did do point costs and shit, people would moan anyway. So now we can do it..

Is it good? Yes and no. But now points aren't needed but if you want to, make your own points. 8th and all previous editions exist, go and work out fair point costs for every model.
>>
>>44066374
Calm the fuck down. The only thing we KNOW dwarfs are getting are a hero fyreslayer model, and the fyreslayers are separate from your standard duardin. they're meant to be a new faction, possibly meant to be neutral, with no grand alliance keyword.

All rumors point to new releases called 'fyreslayers' and duardin getting the same treatment as lizardmen, with some reboxing, a battletome, and a few old kits going bye bye.

Also think of the armies that haven't gotten touched or barely mentioned at all yet. Bretonian players would KILL for a release like the lizardmen got because then it would at least solidify them in the fluff so the bret players can keep playing without feeling like they are out of place in the new realms.

So don't play things off like you are an abused victim when there are others much worse off than you. By sigmar's beard, what a petulant self-entitled child.
>>
>>44066795
>Calm the fuck down

I'm perfectly calm, you on the other hand, are obviously not.

>So don't play things off like you are an abused victim when there are others much worse off than you. By sigmar's beard, what a petulant self-entitled child.

Oh. Shitposting.

I'm out.
>>
>>44066904
>I'm out.
Mhm, I see what's going on. Damage control.
>>
>>44066795
m8 u told him to be calm, yet that entire last sentence shows you to be booty blasted.

brets will get an update, prob under Mortal Armies of Azyrheim or something daft.

jesus christ dude, it doesn't fucking matter if it's separate cause it's still a dorf model which can be used by dorf players.

there was no point in re-releasing lizardmen especially since they were one of the last 8th edition to be updated, so it would have made sense to do skaven first or something.

also the whole "b-b-b-ut people r worse off den u" is a fucking pathetic excuse. there are people starving in africa, and? does that suddenly make somebody living in USA who can't walk feel any better? no, it doesn't, fuck off.

brets won't have literally everything changed bout them either, or are u expecting brets to become fucking daemons or some shit as well?

take your own advice and calm the fuck down, you're obviously unable to control your emotions and obviously have a victim complex, persecution complex and several other mental disorders going on

fuck sake son
>>
>>44066930
Think whatever you want mate. If you can only resort to insults, the last refugee of somebody who had nothing worth saying in the first place, then you're not worth my time.

Brets will get updated one way or another, releasing a new model for Dorfs, regardless of it's assumed faction means nothing. It's still a dwarf model.

There was no point in rebasing all that shit for Lizardmen, especially since lots of it's crap, then going "oh let's remove loads of things, yay!".

In short, it not only destroyed what Lizardmen were and replaced them with Daemons of Order xD but it removed any unique or specialness they had. Now it's generics, with Lord Kroak the only named dude. Not that it matters, as none can die and they all return anyway and unlike Sigmarines, there is no loss.

Oh and bye bye jungles and temple cities and old ones and tons of other shit.
>>
>>44066975
>m8 u told him to be calm, yet that entire last sentence shows you to be booty blasted.
>brets will get an update, prob under Mortal Armies of Azyrheim or something daft.
Never said they won't be getting an update. He just has no leg to stand on with the comment about how lizardmen should have gotten removed due to lack of 'love' from an update, when in reality they actually got a good amount of love in the form of fluff.
>jesus christ dude, it doesn't fucking matter if it's separate cause it's still a dorf model which can be used by dorf players.
So are we considering the new Blood Warriors kit an Empire update because they're mortal humans? Fyreslayers are a separate faction to the dwarfs. They have been talked about repeatedly as a separate faction. I don't consider a new fyreslayer model as a Steamhead Duardin update, and neither should you. Being the same race means jack.
>there was no point in re-releasing lizardmen especially since they were one of the last 8th edition to be updated, so it would have made sense to do skaven first or something.
Fluff is dictating the updating from here on in. Lizardmen got an update because of the role they are playing in the story. The order they got updated in 8th edition means absolutely nothing in Age of Sigmar.
>also the whole "b-b-b-ut people r worse off den u" is a fucking pathetic excuse. there are people starving in africa, and? does that suddenly make somebody living in USA who can't walk feel any better? no, it doesn't, fuck off.
Now who is the buttblasted one? Again, his argument was the lizardmen update sucked because they werent getting as many new toys as khorne, when in reality the lizardmen actually got a good update. I just didn't get him playing it off as an abused victim.
>brets won't have literally everything changed bout them either, or are u expecting brets to become fucking daemons or some shit as well?
What are you talking about? This sentence made no sense to me.
>>
>>44066930
>Think whatever you want mate. If you can only resort to insults, the last refugee of somebody who had nothing worth saying in the first place, then you're not worth my time.
Cool. Then you will stop posting.
>Brets will get updated one way or another, releasing a new model for Dorfs, regardless of it's assumed faction means nothing. It's still a dwarf model.
See my post above.
>There was no point in rebasing all that shit for Lizardmen, especially since lots of it's crap, then going "oh let's remove loads of things, yay!".
Right, because lizardmen are the ONLY faction to have models removed. So tragic. The rebasing argument is old hat by now so I have no idea why you thought it was pointless.
>In short, it not only destroyed what Lizardmen were and replaced them with Daemons of Order xD but it removed any unique or specialness they had. Now it's generics, with Lord Kroak the only named dude. Not that it matters, as none can die and they all return anyway and unlike Sigmarines, there is no loss.
>Oh and bye bye jungles and temple cities and old ones and tons of other shit.
Nice opinions there. You sure showed me.
>>
>>44066374

>Well explain why Dorfs got new dudes, but Lizardmen didn't?

Because Fyreslayers are pretty much a new army. All of the old Dwarf models are seemingly Steamhead.

>All the heroes became generic, but somehow Khorne Memetide gets to keep their special characters.

Bloodbound actually didn't get any new characters outside of those that already existed and it's known that the Chaos gods will whisk away those who have proven useful to them.

Maybe the Slann just didn't care to or can't remember the exact specifics of certain Lizardmen.

>>44066975

That Lizardmen were one of the last updated armies in 8th is a good point.
>>
>>44067311
You can't even reply right.

As I said, shitposting.
>>
>>44067480
Ooh, ow, you got me. What a scathing rebuttal! I've totally lost this little argument here.
>>
>>44064258
wow, i actually enjoyed that one. usually their videos are boring as fuck because they dont believe in balance at all (able to tell who will win after first turn). i have a feeling though that if the portal wasnt there, the dwarfs would have wrecked shit up because of their war machines
>>
File: nuln oil.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nuln oil.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44034435
nuln oil
>>
>>44065465
who makes these?
>>
>>44070553
From what i can gather, some guys works for some company doing 3d modeling, and he made these up and printed them online. However he can't distribute or sell them because he did them on company time using company software, which makes the models company property, even though they don't give 2 shits what they are. It's a corporate thing. I think he's in the UK and I only followed it some, but there were some legal issues with them.

Tragic tale for some potentially awesome models.
>>
>>44070553
He at least had a thread up on lustria-online, you can try to find it there.
>>
File: 1432529953885.png (398 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1432529953885.png
398 KB, 792x540
>>44065353
>Thing is, friend, is that WHFB wasn't selling and the option would have been just to end it.

When will this retarded bullshit stop?

It was no longer selling because GW was fucking up for years. Not because there was no potential in the game and setting.

Fantasy is more popular then ever LotR movies, Hobbit movies, Game of Thrones, incoming Warcraft movie. People like and want fantasy more than ever.

Warhammer was failing because rules were shit, prices were too high and GW was marketing the game to 14y old kids with their turbo grimderp narrative and giant super buffed dudes with spikes and skulls everywhere.

Fantasy slowly dying was entirely GW's fault. I know 6 guys who stopped playing because they got tired of shitty rules and prices. And they still love the setting and play RPG version.

Instead of fixing the issues with the game they axed it and replaced it with shit literally nobody cares about.
>>
>>44071112
One of the problems was that they licensed LotR (and later Hobbit), dividing potential customers and the neglecting both systems to death.
>>
>>44071112
You don't get it do you? They did fix the issue. AoS IS the fix. Staying in the same stagnant ruleset and setting wasn't going to get them anywhere, a new edition wasn't going to revive jack shit, and they knew this. Even if this somehow theoretical new version of whfb comes out and its the best written game system with great balance, it would have still been white noise and 'yet another edition of fantasy'. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

The goal with AoS was to get new blood into the hobby.
>simpler rules
>free rules
>lower startup costs
>unique setting
Before AoS and End Times dropped, everyone was asking for at least 2-3 of the above items. Now that you get it, you complain it's not what you wanted.

So there you have it. GW did fix it. They just had to tear down the establishment and build it anew. If you don't like it, then they don't give a shit because you are not their target audience. You weren't doing anything for it in the first place.

Must we really start up this argument again and again and again and again? At this point it just seems like you fags want attention.
>>
>>44071112

Price was only really an issue because of the stupid number of models required, which was the real problem.

Grognards go on about how they want to play a mass battle game with masterful tactics such as turning a rectangle ninety degrees, not grasping that people, as evidenced by the rise of other miniature games, do not want to spend forever and a day painting a single unit that will get blown off the table by a single cannon ball or spell and ultimately does nothing for its size but tar pit.

Fantasy players didn't seem to realize that their kind is an ever dwindling niche and that new blood needed to be pulled in from groups such as those who play video games. People who play video games don't want something that complements the aforementioned, not something basically requires all their time and a good chuck of change to engage in. such as spending $60 for around forty plastic little men that total up to close to 300 points, at least 1700 more points and they can start playing!

Fantasy was always fucking grim and Warriors of Chaos were the closest thing Fantasy had to an icon.

I agree that the setting was mostly fine except for a few things and GW did fuck things up, but good luck trying to convincing grognards that the entire system is basically trash and unsustainable.
>>
You know what cracks me up the most about the grognardia?

Common complaints about AoS I saw were "always ends up being a scrum in the middle" and "combat is boring, just roll 3's and 4's"

So a couple weeks ago I played a game of 8e with a guy for old time sake. He had no interest in AoS and all my models are on square bases, so why the hell not.

Guess how the game went? The blocks of troops moved forward and met in the middle. The game continued on for a few turns rolling 3's and 4's.

I guess I didn't notice it before.

At least with AoS we have a lot more scenarios to help reduce the 'scrum in the middle' and all those 3s and 4s we dont need to reference tables in our head.
>>
>>44071298
Oh and now when the blocks of troops meet, movement happens. Pile-ins and chances of surrounding the enemy and manipulating wounds to get others out/in combat happens.

In 8e, 2 blocks meet, then shrink until one drops entirely, then it moves to meet another block.
>>
>>44071216
>GW did fix it.

No they didn't. AoS is completely different. Setting is shit straight out of a crappy video game. No points values means players need to work themselves to create any kind of balance. Models are overdone and expensive.

They fixed shit and AoS sales clearly show that.

There is a Warhammer Total War coming. It would be the perfect time to revitalize old Warhammer. No, I'm not talking about next edition. I'm talking about a big change but not going full retard like AoS did.

This is what DnD did with Next. No 5th edition. No improving the previous edition that simply didn't work. They went back to the core of their game and changed a lot of shit. Result? By far the most successful DnD edition ever.
>>
>>44071384
Nice opinions and claims without proof there. I can't wait to hear all your anecdotal evidence that 'proves' everything.
>>
>>44071298
>>44071319

Was always funny to me as well since from a glance it didn't seem like anyone did anything but pitched battle and all tactics and such were based on it.

Similarly Fantasy used pretty much the same to hit mechanics for shooting and melee as 40k, just with modifiers, meaning you were usually looking for the same few numbers. It was no Warmachine or Hordes where the stats are based off of multiple D6 or Infinity where D20s are used.

>>44071384

Actually starting with a clean slate doesn't sound bad, would probably still get the people complaining about it not being exactly tailored to their needs though, especially if it massively toned down the mass battle aspect.
>>
>>44071251
>but good luck trying to convincing grognards that the entire system is basically trash and unsustainable.

Every single WH player I know came to that conclusion themselves. They wanted big changes to the rules.

But not trash like AoS.

Even if they just used AoS rules but without the retarded joke rules and with points values and set it in the old Warhammer world instead of destroying it many people would be happy.
>>
>>44071397

You people will keep claiming that AoS is selling good despite all the evidence showing otherwise.
>>
>>44066520
>people who liked WHFB are shitposters

You are a pathetic child.
>>
>>44071409

>Even if they just used AoS rules but without the retarded joke rules and with points values and set it in the old Warhammer world instead of destroying it many people would be happy.

Could fool me, at least with some of the most vocal detractors or either stuck with 8th, an older edition, fan rules, or jumped to KoW because, surprise surprise, the number of non-historical games like Fantasy ruleswise can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>44071216
This argument will keep going on until GW fanboys like you stop blaming the people who liked WHFB for its death.

If GW had not pushed up the barrier to entry so high the game would not have died. If they had actually done what all the people waiting for the rules to be fixed had wanted instead of deliberately mocking and alienating them they might have actually sold more Fantasy stuff.
>>
>>44066520
>But now points aren't needed but if you want to, make your own points. 8th and all previous editions exist, go and work out fair point costs for every model.

Holy shit, that's not how it works. Units changed. Their rules changed. You can't take points from previous edition. They mean shit.

What people are doing is the retarded "wounds are points now" crap that makes no fucking sense and completely screws some units.

No points can work with small scale games like Imperial Assault. Bow with something like AoS. They completely fucked up and that's not even debatable.
>>
>>44071216
>The goal with AoS was to get new blood into the hobby.

Yeah. With super expensive models and new setting straight out of a f2p MMO.

At least FB had a brand name. AoS has nothing. Why the fuck would kids pick this shit over Star Wars?

People who liked LotR or GoT and fantasy in general could be interested in old WH. Literally millions of people will be introduced to the setting with Warhammer Total War.

Meanwhile AoS is completely different. It's not traditional fantasy in any way. It's not like LotR, GoT or old WH in any way. It's fucking DOTA with super expensive minis.
>>
>>44043879
in the end this is why i dont like and never will collect chaos,either 40k or aos they are just a bunch of deluded kids, that never had the balls to stand for something , too weaks to make for themselves in their world without the help of the daemon's powers,always crying, complaining, but already lost everything since they gave themselves to chaos,so onyl pain and damnation awaits them, for eternity
>>
>>44071425

A lot of them are, though that applies to 40k as well.

>>44071525

>At least FB had a brand name. AoS has nothing. Why the fuck would kids pick this shit over Star Wars?

Why would they pick Fantasy over Star Wars?

I also think it's a mistake to imply that just because people like GoT that they would enjoy Fantasy. At least a decent part of the popularity of GoT could be attributed to political intrigue and interactions between characters, not the massive battles. You really did not have a lot of the first two in Fantasy because they were at best setups for the latter.

You also make the mistake of assuming that someone who shells out for Total Warhammer is going would be interested in Fantasy as a game. Why would they be when TW is similar enough or possibly better? You'd be banking on the people who want to own and paint models.
>>
>>44071730
>Why would they pick Fantasy over Star Wars?

LotR movies made much more money than latest SW trilogy.

Fantasy is very popular.

Real fantasy, not bullcrap like Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>44071834

Maybe you misunderstood, why would they pick Warhammer Fantasy over Star Wars?
>>
>>44071843

Because they just played Total War Warhammer and loved it just like 4 million other people.

But wait, there are no Warhammer miniature games anymore. I'm sure they will buy AoS that looks nothing like old Warhammer instead.
>>
>>44071887

>Because they just played Total War Warhammer and loved it just like 4 million other people.

And then they'll see how much many figures they have to buy and paint and how much it would cost for an experience that is the same or worse and go back to playing. At most they may buy the army books and BL books to read.
>>
3 days to APOCALYPSE!
>>
>>44071901

And the one at fault here is GW. I know a ton of people who started buying X-wing or Imperial Assault. If GW no longer gives a fuck about Fantasy they should sell it to FFG. We would get better and much cheaper games.
>>
Not a friendly reminder, GW consider they are miniature company instead of gaming company.
>>
File: swi08_main.png (139 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
swi08_main.png
139 KB, 300x300
>>44072134
FFG is cheaper in no small part because their games are smaller scale though. Playing Imperial Assault on Warhammer scale jumps the cost tremendously. Pic related is a box of 3 rebel grunt models, priced $14,95. Now remember how many grunts we're used to fielding even in old Fantasy editions.

It works for FFG games, but we can't just give the license to FFG and expect an affordable mass-battle game.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121833293953

Now is the best time to jump into the hobby. You can now buy two on the cheap and get a friend into it by splitting the boxes.
>>
>>44073311
>Price $59.00
>Shipping $67.85
Do people actually fall for this shit?
>>
>>44073311
>buying into a dying game
>>
>>44073475
Prove AoS is dying. You can't, so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>44069313
It's literally impossible to go wrong with Nuln Oil.

prove me wrong twatmongers.
>>
>>44071843
>Maybe you misunderstood, why would they pick Warhammer Fantasy over Star Wars?

Jar Jar Binks?
>>
New player here. I had some questions after looking through the Wood Elf war scrolls, mostly about unit organizations (for a lack of a better term), specifically the Wanderer Host.

Does taking the required units for a Wanderer Host give any other units that are not in the Host bonuses? Is the rest of my army not considered part of the Host, say if I took an extra unit of Glade Riders?

Can I use Sure-footed Stalkers to get a 4+ save when I sacrifice things to Damned scenery? It seems worded vaguely enough to work.

Summon Hounds doesn't have a minimum range listed in its rules. Can I just plop down some dogs and tie people up in combat preemptively?

Any tips or tricks for Wood Elves? I was thinking of going out of faction and taking Morghur so I could park him next to a Spellweaver and some Glade Guard as a silly synergy.
>>
>>44073634

Are you literally retarded? Big discounts everywhere and it's still selling slow as shit.
>>
So I'm getting the final two units to finish my skyborne slayers, the judicators. Which is a better load out for the , the bows or the crossbows.
>>
>>44074179
Bows generally, great range and damage. Crossbows can work really well in certain situations but you kind of have to build an army around them to create those situations. Remember to put the magic bow on the judicator-prime.
>>
>>44074097
Post proof. Randoms failing to market the product is not proof.
>>
>>44073960
>Does taking the required units for a Wanderer Host give any other units that are not in the Host bonuses? Is the rest of my army not considered part of the Host, say if I took an extra unit of Glade Riders?
The battalion bonuses specify models from the battalion, so no.
>>
>>44074621
He's a moron, he can't. His entire argument is a completely hypothetical situation where total war and the new warcraft movie would have saved original fantasy. It's an easy claim to make seeing how it's impossible to prove otherwise.

He also cites l.o.t.r. and g.o.t. as things that would have saved the hobby, despite the fact that those things were released long before end times, and still no effect was had on the game.

Don't bother arguing with him. I gave up when I realized how fruitless it was. Don't reply to his posts, let him think he won.
>>
>>44037086
Is there any reason explanation why varanguard are flying?
>>
>>44043413
>>44043538
>The source of all evil in both Warhammers are daddy issues
I think someone from GW was beaten as a child
>>
>>44075019
I think it's a reference to image related.
>>
>>44075019
Chaos? And kinda a reversion of the apocalyptic imagery of descending angels I guess.

But I'm also willing to believe the most of them are simply falling off whatever ship or portal they are coming out of because some slann remembered the ground a few miles away from what they thought.
>>
>>44074621
GW managers claiming the drop in sales is there, and according to their calls at GW, it was expected damage control anyone? is definitely something to trust more than believing it is selling fine because you don't have certified proofs of the contrary.
>>
File: IMAG0430.jpg (480 KB, 1344x760) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0430.jpg
480 KB, 1344x760
The rebasening is complete.
>>
>>44039160
Varanguard? Seriously?
>>
>>44075479
Nice models and hershey Kisses.
>>
>>44066374
>Well explain why Dorfs got new dudes, but Lizardmen didn't?
What dudes? Are there pictures of them somewhere or is it just a rumour?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.