[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I could use some advice from other players/DMs: My group is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nd74uaKBRv1sgtx3io1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd74uaKBRv1sgtx3io1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x254
I could use some advice from other players/DMs:

My group is full of gundam fans and would like me to run a gundam campaign since we've got some experience with GURPS mecha. I've got just about everything settled to run an earth-based mech game, but I can't quite think of a story concept. This is my first time DMing in a while and my group won't really give me any suggestions on what they want to see in the game.

Any ideas about what I could do for this? My ideas seem to revolve around something similar to 08th MS team, taking place involving entirely ground-based mobile suits on earth. If you were in this game, what would you want to see from it?

I apologize for making a thread specifically for this subject but I couldn't find a thread to ask this in.
>>
I'll help you anon as I've run a few gurps gundam inspired mecha games so am probably the most qualified, how long do you think the campaign will run? How many players?
>>
The main thing is to recreate gundams amazing in universe reason for having mechas in the first place, effective radar and telecommunications jamming, this lets you set up good scenarios, for my introduction i had the party have to try and set up an ambush to catch the raider ace pilot who had been jacking convoys, they had to be close with their mechas so they could get signals and the ace was forced to escape with a damaged mech (didn't railroad left to the dice, I had lots of escape things built into most mechs, those infrared jamming smoke screens and shit) leading to a recurring bishounen villan cuz gundam inspired.
>>
File: 1250478009925.gif (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1250478009925.gif
1 MB, 640x480
>>44033792
I appreciate the help. I'm looking to make this game last around 6-8 sessions lasting ~4 hours each. The game is going to have a standard team of 4 players.

>>44033951
This actually sounds fantastic. I plan on starting the game with some sort of action as the leader PC is introduced to the other 3 members of his team. Thank you for the concept!
>>
>>44034030
Part of the appeal of ms 08 was the subtle way the mechs changed after getting damaged because they didn't have exact spare parts, it could be cool to make the pc's base whatever it is be under supplied forcing them to salvage spare parts, their rigs were custom robos with mods, battle scared, and trophy collections all at once, if they are fighting a better tech force then this would be a good way of advancement, if they are the tech power it forces them to use their developing skills to continue to win after having the advantage reduced.
>>
File: 151230.jpg (324 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
151230.jpg
324 KB, 612x792
>>44032868

Run it using Battle Century G. It was designed exactly for 'Real' and 'Super Real', like Gundam, as much as 'Super Robot' shows, it has a keen eye for good mechanics, its been thoroughly playtested and errata'd, and its next book is well into public beta testing.

I also run a game in it and can vouch for hits fun, especially from the GM's side of the table.

The Downsides?

It has fucking terrible art, but then its budget was nonexistent like most 'indie' TTRPGs.
>>
>>44034377
I also love this idea. Because in GURPS mecha each body part has its own HP and DR, I can have different sections of the PCs mobile suits get destroyed and replaced by new parts, so that works out perfectly!

>>44034408
I actually haven't looked into the system at all, I just took GURPS mecha because my group plays so much GURPS already. How many books would I need?
>>
>>44034542

Just the one. The beta for its next book, Battle Century G Zero is up for free at the moment. Its pretty cheap but I can put it up for download if you want.
>>
File: 111111.gif (1014 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
111111.gif
1014 KB, 500x375
>>44034604
I would really appreciate that, anon. I'd like to see what the system has to offer!
>>
>>44032868
I'm new and only watched the newer Gundam series, I-I'm going to need a source on that gif
>>
File: 22222.gif (921 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
22222.gif
921 KB, 500x375
>>44035128
Gundam 08th MS team!
It's very good minus a terrible romance subplot. A lot of people describe it as a sot of gundam Vietnam.
>>
File: !.gif (2 MB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
!.gif
2 MB, 540x360
Bump
>>
you know gurps mecha is 3e right ?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.