[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyperdimension Dwarf Fortress Quest 60
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19
>Archive links:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Hyperdimension%20Dwarf%20Fortress%20Quest/type/op/order/asc/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hyperdimension%20Dwarf%20Fortress%20Quest
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BlorpQuest

You are Urist Twelfthbay, the moe personification of Dwarf Fortress, and are a short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. 'Course, since you're a Gamindustri native, you just look like a little beardless girl, rather than a proud bushy-bearded dwarf.

Sure, everyone ELSE who isn't an NPC also looks like a little girl, but that doesn't make you feel much better. Just the opposite, in fact; most everyone's used to being a little girl, so you just look all the weirder for refusing to succumb to the terrible fanservice shenanigans that seem to be part and parcel of the universe.

But that's the least of your concerns. Right now, you've got a goddess living in your head. Sure, she /means/ well, and you'd normally welcome being able to tap into her mind-boggling powers for a great big 'I WIN' button, but you'd like it better if it wasn't gradually eroding your personality. As if the prospect of figurative death wasn't enough, you're also trying not to /literally/ die while stuck in the endless void between dimensions.

Alright, fine. Correction: you're trying not to literally die while stuck with all the non-existent self-preservation instincts of a dwarf who's constantly bombarded with ideas as ingenious as they are messed up.

>[X] [COMBINE YOUR EXPLOSIVE ASTEROID VEHICLE WITH THRAVAR'S FLOATING ISLAND]

... yeah, it's an uphill battle.

"Run this by me again?" Tiff drawls, scratching her head beneath her Engineer's construction helmet. She's staying off to the side as you finish building the last of the Seganium floor panels. "This Thravar girl ain't coming with us since she's dead tired of fighting AND a scaredy-cat, so..."

(Cont.)
>>
>>44030732
You straighten back up, working out the kinks in your neck. If she isn't getting off this damn island, then you'll just /tow/ her along, 'cause she'll die a horrible death if she stays out here on her own. Besides, it'll kill two birds with one stone, dragging along an ungrateful adventurer AND patching up your ride- you jerk a thumb back to the hollow asteroid, which is missing a third of its mass.

You're not sure how you /forgot/ that detonating the back end to propel you all through the void would incidentally blow it the heck up, but hey, hindsight, right?

The Team Fortress scrunches up her nose, tapping her wrench against the bridge you'd made. "And connecting the asteroid with this island with a few flimsy floor panels will keep us connected as we rocket off through space?"

((Don't worry! It's made of Seganium!)) Neptune cuts in, sounding far too excited about all this. ((If there's anything that won't collapse, it's Planeptune's national ore!))

Tiff laughs. "The voice in your head's a real die-hard devotee of Purple Heart, huh?"

... ha, ha, ha. Yeah. Yeah, she has no idea.

"Better hurry," Doomgirl growls. The hardboiled and only slightly psychopathic marine's been keeping watch over the grove of trees smack-dab in the middle of the floating island; Thravar's in there, cowering in fear, and (apparently) there's a good chance that this grove is of her own making. "She might bolt if she cottons in on this plan of yours."

Right. Wouldn't surprise you if she was "tired of fighting," but not TOO tired to run like a rabbit.

(Cont.)
>>
>>44030764
The three of you retreat into the hollow asteroid and its uncertain protection from space debris and/or catastrophic existence failure, and prepare to blow up /another/ bunch of firearms and explosives to propel you back toward home.

Tiff licks her lips nervously, pulling out another old-fashioned detonator- the type with an unfolding antenna. "Three, two, one-"

>Urist Twelfthbay blows something else up!
ROLL d100! (dice+1d100 in the email field)
Taking the best of three!
DC: 85 for an uneventful trip, lower rolls than that increase the chance of horrible things happening!
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>44030888
for the entertainment of Armok!
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44030888
We're all gonna die!
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>44030888
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44030888
LAWWWD HAVE MEEEERCEH!
>>
>>44030888
Welp. It was nice while it lasted.
>>
>>44030888
. . . Blorp, quick questions.
1) Did we put our Void Shark we were using earlier to steer us away or something to keep it from being beaten around by the explosion?
2) Is the combined mass too big for our Void Shark Chariot to pull, and that's why the explosion?
>>
OH BOY

WRITING

>>44030982
1) Yes, and although I forgot to mention it completely-
2) Yes! There's a pretty big difference between a hollow half-exploded asteroid and a great big chunk of solid land.
>>
You know what would be fun to find somewhere in the hyperdimension? Bonus dungeon!
>>
File: segatower.jpg (87 KB, 600x842) Image search: [Google]
segatower.jpg
87 KB, 600x842
>((If there's anything that won't collapse, it's Planeptune's national ore!))

Well, she's not wrong. Seganium is definitely the optimal ore for haphazardly stacking things together.
>>
>>44031709
What am I looking at
>>
File: between dimensions.jpg (376 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
between dimensions.jpg
376 KB, 1024x768
>>44030888
>55............
>DC not passed!

On hindsight (and with a LOT more alcohol in you), you're not sure why you thought any of this would work out the way you'd hoped. You ALSO don't know why Tiff or Doomgirl or Neptune didn't tell you this was a bad idea-

Well, okay, that's not true. You know /exactly/ why Doomgirl doesn't tell you that anything's a bad idea (because all her ideas are far worse), you're reasonably sure that Tiff rather enjoys watching things blow up catastrophically, and you're absolutely certain that Neptune just sort of flies anywhere she wants like a great big purple gadfly, so she has zero experience with plans to get you from A to B.

But whatever. You're just happy that you had the foresight to put your void shark Carp back in its cage, because 1) its rate of training keeps decreasing at an alarming speed, and 2) you don't want it to wander off or get blown up in a fiery cataclysmic explosion.

And hey, while you're on the subject of fiery cataclysmic explosions, the last thing that's actually /audible/ is Tiff's shriek of "holy hell" before you're knocked off your feet by the angry fist of THERMODYNAMICS AT WORK. For a few terrifying moments, the asteroid seems to thrash like a living, injured beast, hurling the three of you around like bugs in a glass jar- you slam shoulder-first into the ceiling before gravity tosses you back into the neighboring wall, Tiff and Doomgirl almost squashing your unfortunate dwarf minions.

(Cont.)
>>
>>44031803
Then there's a resounding CRACK, and you dizzily wonder if you've broken yet another undiscovered set of bones before you see, through a hole in the wall, about half of Thravar's battered island tumbling back away from you while uprooted trees and bits of Seganium float off into the hyperdimensional void.

... you can't help but note, with a faint sense of annoyance, that the darn Seganium isn't actually /broken/; it just couldn't keep all that stuff haphazardly lashed together.

You squint. That's funny, there's a small humanoid-shaped tree tumbling through space, limp and unmoving and OH GODDAMMIT IT'S THRAVAR.

[ ] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
[ ] [DIVE DIVE DIVE] No time to think- go grab Thravar and stop her from floating off into infinity. You can figure out how to float back once that's done!
[ ] [NEPTUNE DIVE] Borrow some of the goddess's powers to get you to Thravar, and the two of you back to the asteroid!
[ ] [MINION RUSH] Summon something else to fetch Thravar! A few of your previous dwarf minions died, so it shouldn't be TOO taxing now.
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>44031835
>[X] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
Carp, I choose you!
>>
>>44031835
>[x] [NEPTUNE DIVE] Borrow some of the goddess's powers to get you to Thravar, and the two of you back to the asteroid!
Because, what could possibly go wrong with that!
>>
>>44031835
>[ ] [NEPTUNE DIVE] Borrow some of the goddess's powers to get you to Thravar, and the two of you back to the asteroid!
Just a little bit, to save a life.
>>
>>44031835
>[ ] [MINION RUSH] Summon something else to fetch Thravar! A few of your previous dwarf minions died, so it shouldn't be TOO taxing now.
>>
>>44031835
[ ] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
>>
>>44031835
>[ ] [NEPTUNE DIVE] Borrow some of the goddess's powers to get you to Thravar, and the two of you back to the asteroid!
save tharvar!
>>
>>44031835
>[X] [MINION RUSH] Summon something else to fetch Thravar! A few of your previous dwarf minions died, so it shouldn't be TOO taxing now.

>>44031762
A Sonic 3 cartridge plugged into a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge plugged into ANOTHER Sonic & Knuckles cartridge shoved into the exhaust of a Genesis cleaner inserted into a Power Base Converter inserted into a 32X inserted into a model 2 Genesis with a Sega CD.
>>
>>44032083
And what will that mess result in?
>>
>>44031835
Space fliers aren't a thing in Warcraft, if I recall. Even if the Orcs, Demons and the like are technically aliens.
>>
>>44032251
Nothing, because I assume the cleaner doesn't make a functional connection.
>>
>>44031835
DIVE DAMNIT !!! [ ] [DIVE DIVE DIVE]
>>44031924
>>44031894
>>44032051
please fucking no more nep powers please guys PLEASE save it for something crucial, like mojang is about to die right fucking now bad.
>>44031803
I still cant figure out who tharvar is
>>
>>44032318
>>44032051
>>44031894
>>44031924
ah you evil bastards why must you force our amazingly perfect dwarf fortress into some horrible fucked up nepstrousity
>>
>>44032413
Calling it now, we'll reach 100 percent Nep and a tiny Nep will bud right off our head and we'll be fine.
>>
>>44032384
>I still cant figure out who tharvar is
Signs point towards her being Warcraft.
Also DIVE DIVE DIVE is a reference to Freespace 2, in which the divers were rescuing themselves from a messy death. If we're going to save someone by diving, I'd rather have a goddess backing me up.

There's nothing stopping the Sathanas fleet from appearing right here, right now.
>>
>>44031835
>[X] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
Remove Nep
>>
>>44031835
>[ ] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
>>
>>44032458
id rather not share anymore of urist with the horrible nepbeast though. I wonder if we could use dwarfhack and summon some blocks of obsidian to use as a bridge. We really have not touched DH since the estelle thing now that I think about it
>>
"It's Nep time!"
"No Blorp no!"
>>
>>44031835
Oh man Thravar are you okay?

Our islands just totally blew independent of us doing stupid shit to them
>>
File: Grin Neptunia.png (610 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
Grin Neptunia.png
610 KB, 588x766
Staring for too long into the Nep is a perfectly risk-free action!

It isn't a Nep-free action, however!
>>
>>44032443
Our hair is literally slowly turning purple. We're not going to be fine.
>>
>>44032667
thats what I am saying!!! but we get all >>44032413
of the goobers in here and >>44032443
this guy who wants use to go all horrid and purple.....I just want urist to make a nep free fortress somewhere!
>>
>>44031835
Time to get nepped inside.
>>
>>44031835
>[ ] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED] Summon your void shark and have it pull your ride through space. Your asteroid is BOUND to be light enough now that you've shed all that pesky weight, right?
>>
File: 1447131750064.jpg (162 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
1447131750064.jpg
162 KB, 588x766
>>44031835
>[X] [NEPTUNE DIVE]
>[X] [PULL, MY TRUSTY STEED]

You glance back to Tiff and Doomgirl, and... they're either out cold or in no shape to go cavorting around the great empty void. The Team Fortress is crumpled in a heap, while the doomed marine is bleeding from a scalp wound (though there's a good chance that she isn't, and that it isn't actually HER blood, but she's down regardless). Looking out the 'window' just confirms that Thravar is drifting away from you, and away from any landmass whose gravity could tether her back in. Even from this distance, you can see her arms flailing uselessly, like she's trying to swim.

There's really nothing for it, huh. You open up Carp's cage, lash the void shark to the asteroid, before turning your attention inwards. Neptune!

((Yo!))

Gimme a hand!

((Eeeeh? C'mon, that's no fun!)) the goddess groans. ((This is our first voluntary power boost, so we've got to make this flashy! At least open up with a "O great goddess, I beseech thee-"))

Darn it, Neptune-!

((Okay, okay, fine! But just this once!))

You don't have time to grudgingly thank her, because you're suddenly inundated in an entire ocean of goddessly power, brilliant and purple and all-consuming and what your mortal brain can only parse as "some sorta weird gooey intangible sugary Nepfire." You sputter and push back with as much strength as you can muster, because DARN it, she'll kill you if she dumps all her power on you like that! Shunt off just a /little/ bit, jeez!

((Wah! Wah! Sorry, still getting the hang of this! Also, rude!))

The Nepflood abates slightly, leaving a small fraction of her power trickling through you- although it's still helluva noticeable, like someone running cold water through your hot-blooded veins. You shudder slightly. It's probably fine. It's just a /little/ bit of Neptune, that's all- and you're even controlling it this time, so it shouldn't mess you up /that/ much. Right?

... right?

12.9% Neptunized

(Cont.)
>>
File: Purple_Heart_beta.png (1003 KB, 735x1020) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Heart_beta.png
1003 KB, 735x1020
>>44033054
Well, whatever, you don't have time to think about such complicated things. You flex your shoulderblades, and ethereal purple flames burst into life behind you (don't look back don't look back there totally isn't any weird metal HDD-form equipment manifesting); drawing on the ancient and historied moxie of all things Sega, you boost out of the asteroid under your own power. You're flying, your braids (shut up they're not purple, now's not the time to notice that kind of thing) streaming out behind you, and...

Jeez. You're actually flying, and the otherworldy scenery of the hyperdimensional void unfolds all around you, stretching from here to infinity- and you can actually /see/ into infinity, stars and galaxies spinning into pinpricks of light in distances too large for any mortal mind to comprehend.

Is THIS what it's like being a goddess?

Ugh. Focus, Urist. You quietly correct your trajectory, bursts of light flaring at the edges of your vision as you point yourself toward Thravar- and then you cut all power, shutting off CPU Purple Heart's abilities as fast as you'd activated them. You're now floating on nothing but inertia.

((Whoa! Wait, are you sure this is a good idea? You're going to keep drifting forever at this rate!)) Neptune squeaks, actually sounding worried.

Yes, this is a good idea, and no, you're not drifting forever.

((But if you can't fly anymore- wait, you don't have any pixie dust stashed somewhere, right? Or a yellow cape? How about a raccoon leaf?))

You float over to Thravar. Up close, you can't help but notice her extremely strange cobbled-together armor, like everything's been patched together from a handful of mismatched sets. More importantly, there's that green skin she's got.

No /wonder/ your skin's been crawling nonstop: your deepest instincts tell you to run her through a gauntlet of traps and collect all the goblinite that falls out.

(Cont.)
>>
File: crying_peon.png (42 KB, 142x140) Image search: [Google]
crying_peon.png
42 KB, 142x140
>>44033077
Anyway, you grab onto her ankle, ignoring her scandalized shriek, and whistle for Carp. Off in the distance, you see the void shark begin swimming toward you, straining against its Seganium leash- the hollowed-out asteroid (and island chunk) slowly starts coming your way, pulled by your tamed monstrosity.

Good. You don't have to draw on any more of Neptune's power AND you've saved your second adventurer today. Once you get back on board, this is probably a good time to head back home and take a nice, long break from-

"N-No! Stop! Get away!" Thravar whines, nearly thrashing herself out of your grip. "I don't want to fight anymore!"

You almost punch her in the leg for her ungratefulness when you feel something else pulling her in the opposite direction- alarmed, you glance up and stare at the bright lights clustering around Thravar's arms and wrists, making high-pitched tinkling sounds to each other. Heck, you're /both/ being dragged away, since you don't have any means of propulsion or anything.

Will-o'-wisps are trying to steal your freaking quest objective! This cannot stand!

[ ] [TOP NEP] Fine. FINE! You'll dip into Neptune's powers again, because this needs to end before it gets out of hand.
[ ] [MURDERIZE] Attack the will-o'-wisps directly. You don't need goddess powers to take down a bunch of monsters.
[ ] [WAIT AND SEE] Do nothing. See what these things plan to do, and where they try to take you.
[ ] [THRAVAR] Get this moron to stop whining! She needs to fight back, too! What kind of adventurer IS she!?
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>44033104
>[ ] [TOP NEP] Fine. FINE! You'll dip into Neptune's powers again, because this needs to end before it gets out of hand.
>>
>>44033104
>[ ] [MURDERIZE] Attack the will-o'-wisps directly. You don't need goddess powers to take down a bunch of monsters.
MAIM! KILL! BURN!
>>
>>44033104
>[X] [MURDERIZE] Attack the will-o'-wisps directly. You don't need goddess powers to take down a bunch of monsters.
At last! A little of the ol' Ultraviolence!
>>
>>44033104
>[ ] [MURDERIZE] Attack the will-o'-wisps directly. You don't need goddess powers to take down a bunch of monsters.
>[ ] [THRAVAR] Get this moron to stop whining! She needs to fight back, too! What kind of adventurer IS she!?
>>
>>44033104
No punks are gonna stop Urist
>>
>>44033124
die in a fire please.
>>44033104
[ ] [MURDERIZE]
tHE ONLY OPTION THERE IS!!!!!!!!
>>
>>44033054
> Darn it

> Jeeze

The Infection spreads
>>
>>44033104
>[X] [MURDERIZE] Attack the will-o'-wisps directly. You don't need goddess powers to take down a bunch of monsters.
>>
>>44033104
MURDERIZE
Let the hate flow through you . . . And out into your enemies.
>>
>>44033104
>[ ] [TOP NEP] Fine. FINE! You'll dip into Neptune's powers again, because this needs to end before it gets out of hand.
TURN INTO A JET
>>
>>44033104
>[ ] [THRAVAR] Get this moron to stop whining! She needs to fight back, too! What kind of adventurer IS she!?
>>
>>44033305
FLY INTO THE SUN
>>
>>44033252
How dare you compare Nep to an infection!
Infections are nowhere near as bad.

No no, it's much more like the spread of cancer.

Nepcinogenic choices only hasten our inevitable demise.
>>
>>44033104
Improvised weapon! Use Tharavar to bludgeon the wisp.
>>
>>44033329
If Neptune turns into a jet fighter and Pulut turns into a bomber, what would Urist turn into?
>>
>>44033379
I dunno, but it's magma based
>>
File: image.jpg (457 KB, 918x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457 KB, 918x800
>>44033379
Some sort of dwarfy airship?
>>
>>44033104
I wonder if the liquid metal gauntlets can form into a cast to more solidly keep Thravar connected to us
>>
>>44033379
>>
Anybody else in favor of Uristaircraft?
>>
>So much NEPNEP choices
Oh goddess, WHY you people wanna turn this quest into a NEPQUEST?!
>>
>>44033104
I sure hope these arnt the night elf wisp workers...its gonna be hard for us to explain our way through killing those.
>>
File: Belkan engineering.jpg (843 KB, 2340x1698) Image search: [Google]
Belkan engineering.jpg
843 KB, 2340x1698
>>44033379
The biggest, most decked-out airborne fortress imaginable
>>
>>44033104

[X] [TOP NEP] Fine. FINE! You'll dip into Neptune's powers again, because this needs to end before it gets out of hand.
>>
>>44033627
Because it feels good to be nepped inside.
>>
>>44033684
no it doesnt faggot. >>44033671
stop multi posting nep....
>>
>>44033703
>He doesn't like being nepped inside
Arforie sympathizing scum.
>>
>>44033732
I dont HATE nep, I just dont want her anywhere near let alone IN urist or anyone for that matter but her own form. I like arforie's tits but thats all...shes a cunt otherwise.
>>
>>44033758
What about Vert's Verts, Iris Heart's hearts, and Yellow Heart's hearts?
>>
>>44033797
lovely as well. but I do not know enough about their story and personality to make judgements on them.
>>
File: ROLL 'EM.png (61 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ROLL 'EM.png
61 KB, 300x300
>>44033104
>[X] [MURDERIZE]

Freaking heck. Okay, Thravar, grab onto your ankles.

"Wha...? Wait, what're you-"

You /heave/ with all your strength, pulling Thravar down toward your level while flipping up and over. Ignoring her enraged shriek, you thrust down with your legs, planting one foot squarely on her chest and the other on her stomach; thankfully, she grabs onto your ankles, although it's probably because she's trying to stop two big metal boots from squashing her rather than due to any plan on your part.

So, here you are, surfing on some sort of orc in the middle of deep space. You look absolutely ridiculous, and it doesn't help when you start thrashing at bright lights like a cat being teased by a laser pointer. Except most laser pointers don't fire actual /lasers/ coupled with the malicious intent of burning your arse into +prepared dwarf biscuits+.

You roar at the will-o'-wisps, swinging your two-handed sword at them. Most of them dodge; those that don't are reduced to small tattered fragments, which warms the cold depths of your heart like few other things in this freaking world. What warms your SKIN is the laser show that glances off your armor and sears your exposed skin- there are so many of the damn light bullets that you can't hope to dodge, unless you're tiny or ridiculously fast, and you can safely say that you are /neither/ of those things. It can't possibly get any worse-

>Urist Twelfthbay desperately tries to avoid things getting worse!
ROLL d100! (dice+1d100 in the email field)
Taking the best of three!
DC: 70; bonus: +5 to defense!
>>
Rolled 16 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>44033838
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44033838
>>
>>44033797
I always thought Vert is the most gullible goddess of them all, so most "early access" Verts.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44033838
where's the SNIPAH
>>
>>44033835
Vert wants to ara ara~, Yellow Heart wants to play roughly with you, Iris Heart wants to play roughly with you in a dom way.
>>
Rolled 65 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>44033838
>>
>>44033838
Welp, we gonna die, isn't it?
>>
>>44033903
Weeelll, fuck. Just enough, but too late.
>>
>>44033903
too late...
>>
>>44033903
Yeah.

That's about right.
>>
>>44033903
Why you fucking fuck ALWAYS LATE for rolls? Jesus Nep Christ! I always see your posts with needed rolls but always late, like you post them late on purpose!
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 1000x700
>>44033915
>>44033918
>>44033933
This happens too frequently on 4th rolls this quest, I swear.
>>
>>44033875
We'll that's... Not too big a degree of failure? If that matters?
>>
>>44034009
Why is Nepgear allowed near that knife after Conquest?
>>
File: between dimensions 2.jpg (263 KB, 754x502) Image search: [Google]
between dimensions 2.jpg
263 KB, 754x502
>>44033838
>DC......
>FAILED! (Mostly).

Honestly, you thought you were prepared for anything. You're not just any dwarf- you're Dwarf Fortress! You've been through too much crap to get rused by a bunch of tiny balls of light that look more like serene biome vermin than any actual threat to your freaking life!

You are NOT prepared for how the laser balls freeze in midair, reorient themselves in the space of a heartbeat, and then /change direction/, slamming into the non-armored parts of your body with excruciating accuracy and exposing you to some sort of horrible bullet hell. Through the haze of burning pain, you hear as much as /feel/ a bunch of laser bullets hitting Thravar as well, making her squeal ("stop poking me!") and release your ankles in a futile attempt to shield herself.

Cursing ineffectually, you flail through the air as the will-o'-wisps converge around the adventurer. Half the swarm splits to start dragging her off, another half converges around /you/, dragging you right after her, and the THIRD half (shut up, you're beyond caring about math at this point) floats above the two of you, peppering you with MORE laser bullets whenever you so much as /twitch/.

For a bunch of small light balls, they are REALLY fast, and you feel yourself accelerating into the void, away from Tiff and Doomgirl and Carp and your hollowed-out asteroid vehicle.

You're not gonna lie; you come very, VERY close to falling completely unconscious. Gritting your teeth against your darkening vision and the countless tiny explosions bursting against your armor (like bee stings, right?), you push right on through the pain, stretching yourself to once more latch onto Thravar's ankle. This, and only this, stops the freaking will-o'-wisps from piling on the speed and dragging you off into parts unknown, because you're a gosh darn DWARF and you're gonna fulfill your promise if it's the last thing you do-

(Cont.)
>>
File: 1279250194012.jpg (34 KB, 378x400) Image search: [Google]
1279250194012.jpg
34 KB, 378x400
>>44034330
And that's when the void shark's roar cuts right through everything, and Carp dives into the cloud of will-o'-wisps like a fox among hens. The balls of light scatter with gratifying speed as the void shark hurtles right past you; moments later, you're plastered against the asteroid it's dragging, and Thravar follows suit.

The last thing you're aware of is two pairs of hands helpfully dragging you back inside.

>CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
[ ] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI] Have a nice, calm, NEP-FREE dream about home and your friends. That'd be nice.
[ ] [HYPERDIMENSION] Dream about your fortress here in the hyperdimensional void.
[ ] [WAKE UP] Because ain't no one got time for this.
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>44034346
>[ ] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
>>
>>44034346
>CHARACTER SWITCH: MOJANG
>>
File: resting easy is hard.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
resting easy is hard.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
>>44034346
>[x] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
>>
>>44034346
>DF ARENA
>>
>>44034346
>[ ] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
inb4 Neptune manages to get in DF Arena
>>
>>44034346
>[X] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
>>
>>44034346
>>
>>44034346
I wonder if we can test out the new swanky ores we got.
>>
>>44034346
>[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI] Have a nice, calm, NEP-FREE dream about home and your friends. That'd be nice.
>>
>>44034330
>countless tiny explosions bursting against your armor (like bee stings, right?)
>>44034346
>[X] [DF ARENA] Why waste time being unconscious when you can practice your buildcraft?
Ha-ha! Our skills are in beekeeping! And we are a maker! Time to combine out skills you make laser-proof Wisp-Keeper armor so we may gather and tame them to do our will!

We started this quest in a Temple/Dungeon to the Trainer, and it's time to follow in her footsteps! Gotta catch 'em all, motherfucker!
>>
File: Armok's Gauntlet.png (268 KB, 1043x498) Image search: [Google]
Armok's Gauntlet.png
268 KB, 1043x498
If we're going to get an airship, there is only one option.

The actual literal DF airship ARMOK'S GAUNTLET!
>>
>>44034478
Dorf fort has mechanics for lift?
>>
>>44034346
>[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI] Have a nice, calm, NEP-FREE dream about home and your friends. That'd be nice.
>>
So wait, what is the arena for when we literally have access to our inner dwarf lands in reality, such as it is?
>>
>>44034346
>>
>>44034580
the island we already have seems to be the physical manifestation of arena
>>
>>44034574

Well, it has windmills for propellers.

I mean once you disconnect it from the land bridge it immediately collapses but things like logic apply increasingly less as time goes on in gameindustry.
>>
>>44034346
>>
>>44034669
Maybe we can practice taking advantage of hyperdimension weirdness alongside our mechanics without fear of horrible consequences?
>>
File: 1439762878776.jpg (11 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1439762878776.jpg
11 KB, 166x166
>>44034346
>[X] [DF ARENA]

And just like that, you wake up to cold stone tiles against your skin and the sound of flowing water.

You sit up and brush yourself off (for the love of Armok, why are you in your nightie?), taking a quick look around... and you can't help but let out a sigh. Right, well, the fortress you'd built /last/ time is nowhere to be found- and little wonder, since it physically manifested in Gamindustri before popping over into the hyperdimensional void.

What you're left with is some sort of dwarf-made arena, in every sense of the word. You're in a circular (or is that oval-shaped?) enclosure, and past the walls are various square pools of water and magma. As far as you can tell, you are very literally the only living thing in existence, here. Blissful peace. Blissful quiet.

What excites you the most is how even NEPTUNE doesn't seem to be here.

You crack your knuckles, feeling an excited grin spread itself across your face. There're a few things you've always wanted to try...

>CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
[ ] [DWARVEN WATER REACTOR] Muck around with the theory of perpetual motion and infinite energy!
[ ] [WEAPONIZED MINECARTS] Change physics from your enemy into your exceedingly violent friend!
[ ] [MAGMA PUMP STACK] Free the magma from the underground seas! Spread the burning love!
[ ] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!
>>
>>44034782
>[ ] [MAGMA PUMP STACK] Free the magma from the underground seas! Spread the burning love!
Nothing more dwarfy than setting the world on fire
>>
>>44034782
>[ ] [DWARVEN WATER REACTOR] Muck around with the theory of perpetual motion and infinite energy!
>>
>>44034782
>[x] [MAGMA PUMP STACK] Free the magma from the underground seas! Spread the burning love!
Some dwarves just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>44034782
>[ ] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!
HYPERDIMENSION DORFSHIP EXCELSIOR
>>
>>44034782

[X] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!

Armoks Gauntlet WILL fly!
>>
>>44034782
>[ ] [DWARVEN WATER REACTOR] Muck around with the theory of perpetual motion and infinite energy!
>[ ] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!
One of these
>>
File: end.jpg (17 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
17 KB, 512x512
Alright, it's getting pretty late on this end and I'm fast running out of energy, so we'll have to pick up next time with the most voted-on option!

... and speaking of next time, uh, it will most likely have to be after December 17th. And after the one or two threads I'll be able to squeeze out between then and Christmas Eve-ish, I'll be stuck behind the Great Firewall of China for about three weeks, assuming nothing goes terribly wrong.

Anyway, I'll have more definite scheduling updates up on https://twitter.com/BlorpQuest, as usual! And questions can go either here or ask.fm/BlorpQuest.

Thanks for participating, guys, and hope to catch you all next time!

............ BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

Since the next month and a half will be dicey as all hell, I'm opening up votes for another bonus scene! Same deal as last time- just toss up a character who has appeared in the quest (that includes any of the four goddesses or any adventurer), and I'll write a thing for the character with the most votes!

Until next time, g'night!
>>
>>44034782
>[X] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!

I bet they'll need a source of power to work, so we'll need the reactor eventually.
>>
>>44034959
Thanks for the thread as always Blorp

How about Estelle Nee-chan bonus scene
>>
>>44034959
Rokko, Mojang, Blanc. One of these.

....huh, maybe Histoire. Or Arfoire

the other villains might be metagaming, though.
>>
>>44034782
>[X] [WINDMILL PROPELLERS] Waste not, want not! Find a way to convert those windmills to provide lift!
Being able to fly our little fort around the Hyperdimension sounds like the best plan for the future.
>>
>>44034959
>Ein
Let's see how long it takes Blorp to get sick of purple prose.
>>
>>44034959
I'd like a bonus scene detailing more about Rokko's tragic backstory of having her heart ripped out.
>>
>>44034959
Vote for Nep-Nep. What will she do without big sister?
>>
>>44034959
Souls sounds fun
>>
>>44035032
Dunno if I want that scene but something Rokko would be nice.
>>
>>44034959
>Blanc or Noire
>>
>>44034959
Thriteen-chan.
>>
>>44034959
Noire since she doesn't seem to have many friends.
>>
>>44030732
How lewd is this quest?
>>
>>44036269
On a scale of 1-10, Eggplants.
>>
File: 1422606011124.jpg (24 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
1422606011124.jpg
24 KB, 400x319
>>44036297
>>
>>44036356
The main character started to get nepped inside recently.
>>
>>44036609
Explain in more detail.
>>
>>44036622
No.
>>
>>44036269
Implied yuri feelings here and there.
>>
>>44036712
No there isn't and I will never agree to something like this.
>>
>>44037956
......dude. I'm not a fan of yuri by any stretch, but implied yuri is kind of central to the premise.
>FORBIDDEN LOVE
>NON PURER
>SEMPAIIIIII KOHAAIIIIII
>ONEEECHAAAAAN
this IS a universe where almost everybody is a little girl. fanservice goes hand in hand with game industry parodies in the source material.
>>
>>44032357
>>44032251
What would it have resulted in without the cleaner?
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.