[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WORLD BUILDING THREAD Lets make a fantasy world from scratch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Un.png (584 KB, 1215x405) Image search: [Google]
Un.png
584 KB, 1215x405
WORLD BUILDING THREAD
Lets make a fantasy world from scratch.

This is an example map with two art styles.

>First post picks an art style for map(1 or 2), and then continent number and shape
>>
>>44023084
The cities are all on the inside of giant spheres rolling forever.
>>
>>44023401
so what would they world look like? would the ball roll fast enough for the interior walls of the spheres to feel gravity towards the outside?
>>
>>44023457
That's nonsense if the sphere are not made for a purpose.
Purpose > Gravity issues.
>>
Okay. Mage ball. The balls are designed to capture the innate magic which encompasses the whole world. This magic travels the earth like the wind moves. The balls are the homes of nomadic cities which travel with and collect the magic. At first these orbs would travel the magic path and were quite small. Later it became more efficient for mages to live in the balls in groups to gather more from these magic threads. Finally full cities would gather in these orbs.
>>
So, if the orbs are moving, they are devastating the world.
Explanations.
>>
>>44025317
My only thoughts there are either, 1 orbs move in subterranean areas do there is less damage, but still a lot overall.

Or 2 the magic harnessed is used to replicate human living conditions.

Without magic in the song the orbs could follow the sun or avoid radiation. But honestly I can't think of how the sphere is better structurally than an airship our something in this case.
>>
>>44025551
How do we leave an orb if they are subterranean. How can we go to the upper world ?

Ok, but your world will be a wasteland in that case. The entire world population in tiny balls ? Cities are not that vast. There will be totalitarian governments, eugenism and everything...
>Shingeki no kyojin style is not a good style.

The spheres can be a cool idea. But for exemple if they are flying everywhere in the world and numerous, because the wildlife is extremely aggressive.
Futhermore linked by teleporters. Some can roll on the ground but extremely slowly (like 10meters/year) so the vegetation can rgrow back.

There also can be balls who crashed and established "bubbles cities" on the ground.
>>
I'm currently making a basic map of a coastal city, and since I'm horrible at drawing I'm just outlining different districts in the city. Wondering what type of districts I should include for basics. Nothing too specific. So far I have:

-Market (everything from food to weapons)
-Residential
-Slums
-Guild
-Industrial

I'm sort of sleepy so im probably missing tons of obvious shit but it'd help out if you guys could help addon.
>>
File: castle.png (4 MB, 1044x1682) Image search: [Google]
castle.png
4 MB, 1044x1682
The castlefolk are the main race.
>>
>bump
>>
Only races are humans, warforges, dragonborn and cute little ant people

There are no generic d&d monsters, and no magic. All the monsters look like they could actually be real animals. So there's non-sentient Dragons, wyverns, giant insects and shit, but no weird ass shit like beholders, chimeras, basilisks, and other "mythical" shit.
>>44026658
Castle folk were ancient civilization long extinct, along with sentient dragons, who were fucking huge. They created the warforged to clean their insides. The dragons created all natural living things, so normal sentient races, monsters, etc. They fought in agiant war against each other, and both sides had so much mutual destruction, sentient dragons and castle folk went extinct. They created the magic balls, and the ancient skeletons and ruined castles of the them dot the landscape, with the world growing around them
>>
File: soul.png (153 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
soul.png
153 KB, 600x450
>>44027466
>cute little ant people
>>
>bumpingando
>>
How do I into tectonic plates, /tg/?

I've heard multiple times that a good way to make a realistic looking world is to draw out the plates, determine which ways they move, and make features based on subduction, fault lines, etc. But how do I make the plates? How big are they? Are they all the same size or are they varied? How do I determine which way they go? Does the whole plate move uniformly in one direction or do plates themselves sometimes split?
>>
>>44025317

That's fine, you can work with that. There's only two or three of these huge metropospheres, and the world is large, so while they crush just about everything they come in contact with, there's a lot of space for them to cover. Most of the time they're out in deserts or rolling along the bottom of the ocean (or across the top of it, perhaps).

The scattered peoples of the 'outworld' are forced to live fairly nomadically to survive. Spheres are tracked like modern hurricanes, with similar destructive properties.
>>
Magic is entirely done through Cooking and Singing.
>>
>>44030057
>SexyCordyceps.png

[Spoiler]This is now my fetish.[/Spoiler]
>>
>>44026604
I think there is some confusion about what this thread is supposed to be about, but OK.

I think that largely depends on (roughly) what kind of technological and societal level you have there. Cities in the 9th century Europe were structured a lot differently from 15th century, and those were entirely different from 19th century.
You seem to have... industrial part of town, AND guild? That is a bit odd. Give me a bit more info and we can perhaps figure something out.
>>
File: 1417858905225.png (370 KB, 500x697) Image search: [Google]
1417858905225.png
370 KB, 500x697
>>44036799
>>
File: jrpg.jpg (693 KB, 1179x860) Image search: [Google]
jrpg.jpg
693 KB, 1179x860
I make jrpg map.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.