[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: ooze.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ooze.jpg
158 KB, 1000x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask.

Ooze Edition!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous Thread:
>>44014477
>>
How did your session go this weekend, /pfg/?
>>
>>44021984
DM went missing two hours before session was meant to start. Haven't heard from him since.
>>
>>44021942
Is there a newer SoP update than 04/25/15?
>>
>>44021984
Cancelled, due to my GM needing to get her place sprayed for bedbugs.
>>
>>44021984
this, >>44021998 except he let us know he wouldn't be coming about a half hour after it was supposed to start.

At which point I DMed because fuck, we showed up for a game.
>>
Here's the links for the updated Spheres of Power book and the Expanded Options book.

SoP - https://www.mediafire.com/?alludtunwjrfuup
EO - http://www.mediafire.com/view/c98b5od55ibv44e/ExpandedOptions.pdf
>>
>>44022041
Woah, thanks for that. I've been looking for the updated SoP book for a while, I'm playing a Sphere Druid and that really helps.
>>
>>44022071
No problem. : D
>>
>>44021984
Our GM disappeared two weeks ago so another cool player decided to become the new GM, except with the caveat that all our characters get warped into a parallel world where we are now playing a level 7 gestalt version of Crypt of the Everflame.

It's gone pretty well, except I've realised the Vitalist half of my build is going to be completely useless against a crypt full of undead, because steal health doesn't work on creatures without a con score, pretty much all its offensive powers are mind-affecting or target Fortitude, and my other class is Knight Chandler so I'll hardly ever want to spend a turn healing when I could be killing the enemies faster.
>>
>>44022041
These ones are the most up to date?
>>
Qlippoth a cute.
>>
>>44022194
Yes. I just checked the pfsrd store to be sure. The only reason I posted it is because someone helping me was referencing an older version of the book that had a class feature that doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>44021942
Is there a better version of the pitsplat trap than one that uses a gelatinous cube?
Especially if you're playing in person and get to make the horrible disgusting sucking and popping sounds with your mouth?

>>44021984
My options for the last nine months have been "DM for uninterested shitheels that won't tell me what they want except apparently by attempted telepathy", "Join four fuckwits with no sense of rules or time as they sit around doing jack shit in a galaxy far far away" or "Grind up mats on GW2 to relax."

Guess which one I've been doing.

That's right, it's "Sit around, masturbate, and play Monster Hunter instead.
>>
File: Wizard_Drink.gif (590 KB, 300x254) Image search: [Google]
Wizard_Drink.gif
590 KB, 300x254
>>44020266
plz respond
>>
>>44022406
Why can't you make a new character?

Just leave the group if you're not allowed to actually design YOUR OWN CHARACTER. Fuck pre-mades.
>>
>>44021984
Playing tonight, we're setting out on our first expedition across golarions seas. I'm sure nothing could go wrong.
>>
>>44022455
I always hated premades. It always feels like either the GM doesn't trust you and thinks you're an idiot, or they want to write a book but don't have the creative talent to do it.

Premades are even worse for new players to the game, because they take out the engagement into a character that comes with actual character creation. the entire reason I started playing DnD 3.5 was because I sat down, read the wizard entry, and said, "Man, I wanna do something cool with that" and spent the next three hours building characters. That's important engagement for newbies right there.
>>
What do y'all think of the Mesmerist? Seems fun and strong, but its missing some basic things.
>>
>>44021984
Currently in the session, the players have discovered how to make gas chambers using various wall spells and Poison Bombs.
>>
>>44022455
Pre Mades are fantastic! For one-shots or convention games
>>
>>44022514
I treat modules' premades as a resource to pull from if
a) someone shows up without a character at all
b) there are only 3 people and they want a 4th party member
c) the starting town needs saving FROM the party - they're supposed to be some of the people that live there after all
>>
>>44022278
Thanks!
>>
>>44022615
Also I let people swap the feats/spells from those because Paizo insists on doing shit a like 11 strength 17 dex rogue wielding a rapier... with fucking Dodge as its only feat.
>>
>>44022708

Admittedly, rapier rogues are way better post-unchained.
>>
>>44022615
>>44022708
Yeah, in those cases, having premades on hand are pretty solid. but just handing one to someone and saying "here, you're playing this" is idiotic.
>>
>>44022708
I have a friend who GMs Shadowrun and often does 1-shots.

Eventually he got fed up with how shit the pregens were, and tasked his players to rebuild them.

He then made PDFs of the Pregens (out of the original Pregen pages) and printed them on cardstock so they'd be hefty and could be reused.

We've had a lot of fun with those shadowrun pregens.
>>
Can anyone post a link for mega trove please?
>>
>>44022772
I wouldn't mind some non-shit Pathfinder pregens at several levels.

They'd also be highly useful as NPCs.
>>
File: Assassin (RaV89).jpg (154 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Assassin (RaV89).jpg
154 KB, 566x800
>>44022406
Try the class guide from the pastebin

>>44022455
>>44022514
I would create a premade for someone new to the system. When I start running a game next month, I'll probably have to have premades on hand for the martial disciple classes from PoW. From some of the complaining on here, I don't expect too many people to be familiar with maneuvers.
>>
>>44022708
That's Merisiel, right? I ran part of Crypt of the Everflame for a group of 3 first-timers last Friday, and they decided to pick a character from the list of premades to join them.

They bullied and jeered at Merisiel failing 90% of her attack rolls and skill checks all night long. They didn't know how to play the game and even they knew she was awful.
>>
File: PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png (628 KB, 980x989) Image search: [Google]
PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png
628 KB, 980x989
Are we still marrying people? 'Cause I want to marry a mystic!
>>
>>44022781
https://mega.nz/#F!Xdglia6b!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw

Someone should make a backup in case it gets taken down...
>>
>>44022855
Thanks!
>>
>>44022547
Tier3, functional, could just have been a bard archetype, some neat things it can do, but nothing that really makes it unique.
What do you think it's missing? It can do skills, support, debuff, even melee if you can stomach a feint build.
>>
File: merisiel_by_madadman-d83v0w8.jpg (366 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
merisiel_by_madadman-d83v0w8.jpg
366 KB, 850x1100
>>44022826
Do NOT bully the Merisiel!
>>
>>44022826
I still don't quite understand how somebody can look at the core Rogue next to, say, a cleric (or druid) and say "yep, looks balanced".
>>
>>44022801
Available right now: Psionics Embodied. It has a handful of levels for each NPC contained therein. NPCs unfortunately are taking feats like Vital Strike, Fleet, and Deceitful.
>>
>>44022912
It's spell selection is missing some basics, like Suggestion for example. Seems to only have in-combat control spells, or at least mostly in-combat.
>>
File: 1308356494632.jpg (24 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
1308356494632.jpg
24 KB, 400x275
>>44021984
It went good except one player threw a shit fit over rules. The group has been playing together for about 15 years now so we are kinda used to it.
>>
File: PF - Baba Yaga.png (1 MB, 923x563) Image search: [Google]
PF - Baba Yaga.png
1 MB, 923x563
>>44022826
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes/npc-codex-iconics/iconic-rogue/iconic-rogue-1

>Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12

If she was Unchained, she could have gotten Finesse Training for free.
>>
>>44022938
PF elves are so creepy looking. I houserule elves to have white eyes with pupils.
>>
>>44022938
That art is fucking awful. Does she have a third eye? What the fuck is with her arms?
>>
>>44022938
Why the fuck not? Rogue is a shitty class, and she has a shitty build for said shitty class.
>>
Weapon Master's Handbook has a feat that lets you use Vital Strike while cleaving. Does this make Vital Strike worth getting? And would it work with Great Cleave? With a titan fightan impact greatsword I'm currently at 4d6, meaning I'd add 4d6+6 (devasting strike) to my cleave rolls as well

I have all the dwarf cleave feats and cleaving finish feats, my build is an absolute mook destroyer, but that's just fine for me since our DM is very hesitant to ever throw a solo monster at us.
>>
So what were the NPC blocks in AP #100? Were they updates on old characters, new characters, or what exactly?
>>
>>44022991
That's more setting fluff than a houserule, but good on you either way.
>>
File: CotE premades.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CotE premades.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44022975
That's certainly better than CotE's.
>>
>>44023021

I feel like the best thing you can do for vital strike is houserule that it works with charge and spring attack, and have the fucking feat scale instead of being a three feat chain where each feat makes the one before it completely useless.
>>
>>44023100
The Daevic class from Akashic Mysteries has a build that can use Vital Strike after a bull rush, which can be done at the end of a charge action, so that can get you most of the way. This particular build (the Justice Daevic) gets the Vital Strike chain as bonus feats, so you're not really spending any resources on it.

They can actually really pack the damage onto a Bull Rush like that. It's impressive.
>>
>>44022406
Try putting levels in a compatible class, like swashbuckler, investigator, slayer, or that Inqusitor archetype with sneak attack.

Definitely get Slashing Grace or Fencing grace and Pirahna strike. If you take Swashbuckler or Daring Champion Cavalier, you can retrain the weapon finesse you already have since the class gets it by default.
>>
>>44022975
>Merisiel is so badly-made she'd actually have a penalty to Intelligence if she wasn't an elf
Wow, that's pretty sad.
>>
What are some reasons a Lawful Evil Inquisitor of Zun Kuthon would go about adventuring on a pirate-infested island chain?
>>
File: 1447561197346.jpg (88 KB, 736x1106) Image search: [Google]
1447561197346.jpg
88 KB, 736x1106
>>44021942

I'm sick of always rollin' the full caster and want to try out a full BAB class, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which class to go with. Any suggestions on good and fun full bab classes? (no 3rd party material)

I like mobility
I like to have a clearly defined role in the party
I like having shenanigans
I like good saves
I don't like MAD
I don't like being too restricted in weapons/armour

Please help.
>>
>>44023074
I wanted to pick these apart but the only glaringly obvious bad points are Merisiel (and she throws daggers augh) and maybe the presence of Great Fortitude and Iron Will in the feats. I guess the familiar choice and having Mage Armor prepared at 1st level are silly. The rest of it DOESN'T look out of place for stuff made by first-timers, I'm impressed!
>>
File: 1418884582522.jpg (45 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1418884582522.jpg
45 KB, 640x472
>Always wondered how hexcrafter magus was T2
>looked at some of the witch hexes
>all these amazing at-will abilities
>at-will sleep with no HD limit
>can cripple an enemy with Agony
>at-will Beast Shape II
>Waxen Image
>constant status
>EVERY SINGLE GRAND HEX
holy shit
>>
>>44023242
Torturin people I guess.
>>
>>44023251
What books are you allowed? Is 3rd party material on the table or no?
>>
>>44023271
Don't forget that you have access to a decent amount (about 20) extra spells you wouldn't otherwise have any way of knowing, some of which are quite good; being able to cast Bestow Curse on-hit is a nasty debuff that Cursed Razor wishes it could do.
>>
>>44023251
Dervish Bard is better than full BAB.
>>
>>44023074
I think I better start making the pregens with a high fantasy statblock now, just in case. I'm thinking:

>Human Zweihander Sentinel
>Elf Vigilante
>Dwarf Cleric
>Human Wizard

I can have the players use them for three sessions. That's about 10 encounters to get new players used to magic and maneuvers. They can replace them afterwards.

File related. I added an initiator archetype to a Sahuagin for use as a low level boss fight.
>>
>>44023100
There is actually also a feat that lets you use Vital Strike on a charge in WMH.
>>
>>44023296

No third party, but everything else is fine. Races too. :)
>>
>>44023251
Brawler? Martial Flexibility will help. A lot of their abilities are focused on close weapons, though.
>>
>>44023074

>Fighter with negative wisdom

Oh, valeros, no.
>>
>>44023313

Interesting, can you explain me why, please?
>>
>>44023310
That's just the icing on the cake. The only downsides are that it's not compatible with kensai and has to give up spell recall, definitely makes up for it though.
>>
>>44023352
Don't worry, he has bravery :^)
>>
>>44023361
You essentially get haste while combat dancing, which much like the barbarian's rage doesn't ever actually run out past 5th level.
>>
>>44023341
Hmmm... Paladin is solid, good all around chassis, potentially very high damage, decent utility.

Magus is gish in a can, so not quite pure martial but a blast to play. Same with Alchemist.

Slayer is probably what fighter /should/ have been. Although I'd have gone further.

Barbarian is one of the best martials out there in terms of damage and has decent self buffs from rage powers.

Rangers can be built a dozen different ways and are pretty solid all around.

I like Bloodragers, although mostly for strength stacking shenanigans.
>>
How does Sanctified Slayer measure up against base Inquisitor, or Slayer?
>>
>>44023352
They're level 1, it's not like some vampire's going to turn him into a TPK machine (he would be, with a party like that) anytime soon.
>>
>>44023074
>>44023260
>>44023322
I feel that the entire iconic cast can be more easily made while still fitting what they're all about. For instance:
>Valeros
Lore Warden who spends his first-level feats on Medium Armor Proficiency, Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting, and Improved Initiative.
>Merisiel
Unchained Rogue with Martial Training feats to gain access to Thrashing Dragon, dumps WIS instead of INT

And so forth.
>>
>>44022968
I said non-shit. This does not sound like NPCs which can double as decent PCs.

>>44022855
I just mirrored it. If the original gets yanked, I can make a new copy to share somewhere else.
>>
So, would gestalting Rogue and Fighter into a single class move the result up a tier?

If not, what additional benefits would it need?
>>
>>44023251
No 3PP, and you want full BAB?

Go Ranger, Paladin, or Barbarian.
>>
File: 1270669086338.jpg (64 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
1270669086338.jpg
64 KB, 800x508
>>44023526
It still sounds like a Slayer.
>>
>>44023526
Tiers don't accommodate for gestalt, but in this case no not really, what you'd have is basically a slayer.
>>
>>44023573
>>44023582
So, technically yes. Since slayer is t4, and rogue and fighter are t5.

I do forget those hybrid classes exist in the game though.
>>
>>44023523
>I said non-shit. This does not sound like NPCs which can double as decent PCs.
In fairness, their classes aren't fucked up. Actual player classes instead of shit like fighter, monk and rogue.
>>
>>44023393

Sounds pretty good, I'll check it out, thanks :)
>>
>>44022842
>'Cause I want to marry a mystic!

Fairly sure the Mystic doesn't want to marry you because she prefers women.
>>
>>44023417

Thanks man

Im very fond of the Magus in theory, just have a feeling he is too much of a one trick pony in reality.

I'm also havin' a hard time figuring out how to go about the barbarian without the classic Smash 'em Hard trope (which I think rather dull desu).

Paladin sounds nice, just not a fan of the LG-tax

The Slayer seems really cool.. But somethings holding me back, dont know what it is... The Sneak Attack maybe?

Anyway thanks alot :)
>>
>>44021984
I'm not sure to be honest.

My character is being is in a group of investigators. She knows that one of the key players is a "bad cop" type but much more corrupt. He's chaotic neutral but steals from old ladies, got my character stabbed, blew up a cemetery, and uses blackmail.

Originslly,my character was going to stay in this group to get dirt on him to turn him into the authorities. Then, she fainted/died, and her fiendish face wore off showing them that she isn't an aasimar but a tiefling. Now, she was fine with getting questioned about being a tiefling because it's normal.

The problem lies in that during her blackout she experienced some fucked up shit. Stuff she doesn't want to talk about. Especially when she's being put on blast by people who just discovered she's a tiefling.

The good detective tried talking to the bad detective in stryx. But my character is a witch who knows comprehend language. So she knows they plan to kidnap someone to get her to talk.

I'm now debating if my character wants to stay there to uncover their vile acts or leave the group as it is. Making me reroll.
>>
What sorcerer or bloodrager bloodlines would you like to see?
>>
File: 1396038920780.jpg (101 KB, 717x837) Image search: [Google]
1396038920780.jpg
101 KB, 717x837
>>44023251
Just play a barb, and wait a few sessions until you're bored out of your ears because you have nothing better to do.

Really what I'd go for is just the basic brute-alchemist builds. You at least can fall back on some spell casting, and you may even build yourself off sneak attacking. It's not full-caster, but it's effects are like having a full BAB class, and you're not in the mood to play a cleric for some reason.
>>
>>44023772
Inevitable, Formian, or some other kind of predominantly Lawful outsider
>>
>>44023772
Demodand
Qlippoth
Sikhal
Psychopomp
Asura
Aeon
>>
>>44023772
Asura
Qlippoth
Positive Energy
Alcoholic
>>
>>44023759
Magus depends on how you define "one trick pony" their schtick is spell combat+spellstrike, but there are a lot of variations on that trick. Shocking Grasp is the standard but by no means the only way to take advantage of that setup.

Look at the Come and Get Me rage power. You're still smashing them hard (Sorry to burst your bubble but that's literally all martials do, ESPECIALLY in 1st party material), but there's a few head games attached to it that can give some interesting tactical choices.

I don't know what to tell you about slayer. It's got a very solid combat chassis, and a decent amount of flexibility. You don't have to use sneak attack, it's just a useful bonus to have. In terms of raw combat potential, they're pretty up there.
>>
Man, picking Slayer Talents is onoxiously roundabout, bouncing you to Ranger and Rogue and Ninja lists all over the place which in turn can just bounce you to 'any combat feat' and 'any feat' regardless. I wish d20pfsrd just listed all of them.
>>
>>44023772
I never saw the Orc bloodline, did that get finished?
>>
>>44023772
Nanite
>>
>>44023885
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/orc-bloodline
>>
>>44023251
Barbarian, using The Build. No MAD, You only need strenght and constitution. Only loses mobility between level six and ten. Clearly defined role, do damage, laugh at other enemies pathetic attempts at dealing damage, break magic, initimidate in social sitations. Good saves. Downright amazing, comparabe with paladin. Shenanigans. mechanically the whole build is shenanigans, roleplay-wise, you're a barbarian, what else do you need?

DA BUILD
Human Barbarian Invulnerable Rager 12
Rage Powers
02 Superstition
04 Witch Hunter
06 Beast Totem
08 Spell Sunder
10 Greater Beast Totem
12 Come and Get Me

Feats
01 Power Attack; Any
03 Extra Rage Power (Lesser Beast Totem)
05 Any
07 Any
09 Any
11 Extra Rage Power (Eater of Magic)

Human Class favored bonus in Superstition.
>>
>>44023619
>>44023526
Monk and Fighter also go up to Tier 4 with the Brawler. Warpriest does exactly what you think it does and turns the T1 Cleric and T4~5 Fighter into a T3 beatstick-caster.
>>
>>44023724
>spoiler
Wait, where's the evidence of this? Did Gareth write about her? And why does she look super-weeb in comparison to other Dreamscarred Iconics?
>>
>>44023871

>Sorry to burst your bubble but that's literally all martials do
Yeah.. thats too bad really. I think I'll take a look at the Paladin and Slayer. Who knows, maybe I'll find something, I like.

Thanks again.
>>
>>44023924
I was talking about the bloodrager Orc bloodline that an anon said they'd homebrew a few generals ago. I had to go to sleep before it got posted and missed it.
>>
>>44023935
Funnily enough with those three extra feat slots, you can perfectly get three new feats from the Weaponmaster's Handbook: "Might as well be Weapon Training" as a feat, Cut From The Air, and your choice of Smash From The Air and/or Spellcut. It's perfect for an anti-magic Barbarian.
>>
>>44023957
Well, Brawler gets the monk's damage, the fighters full BAB and feats, and the ability to pull any feat that might be useful out of it's ass several times a day.

While Warpriest loses 3 of cleric's caster levels, but retains full-book choice. But gains the ability to change his weapon's base damage, and a few buffs.
>>
>a new planar faction is introduced
>never gets more members/races introduced pretty much ever again
Why
>>
>>44023987
No. Nothing is known about Faelyin except her name and that art. She's Chris's.
>>
File: hageyes2.jpg (60 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
hageyes2.jpg
60 KB, 400x200
>>44021984
Things went great!
>group walking in swampy lands
>come across a lone giant frog sitting on a rock
>the party just looked at it
>the frog croaked loud
>the party could hear more croaking
>bunch of giant frogs and one huge frogs
>bloody battle, most of the party were at deaths door
>however one guy.
>he split from the party and had 1 hp
>huge frog leaps towards him.
>bite him
>KOed but 1hp till dead
>needed to roll a 19+
>rolled 20
>team had a chance!!
>team had one round to kill giant frog
>they almost did but the rifleman missed the most important shot of his life
>huge frog then swallow the KOed hero
>kills him no matter what

>mfw all they needed to do was walk around the main path
>mfw i need to teach that killing everything is not always the best idea
>>
>>44024030
Does the one magus ability "Fighter Training" count for weapon training for the purposes of getting Spellcut, or is it pretty much garbage meant to tempt you into taking weapon specialisation?
Also, would it be feasible to work spellcut into a magus arcana for a thematic witch witch hunter?
>>
Has the homebrew anon who made some of those races come back?
>>
>>44024390
Just temptation.
>>44024030
And the human feat can go for Intimidating Prowess, so you have something fun to do outside of combat.
>>
>>44021984
They interrigated the survivors of the bandits that attacked them, recruited some of them, and then got cornered by spoopy shit in the forest and Charmed into challenging a skellington for his hoard.
>>
>>44024495
>outside of combat
Why keep it there?
Suplex huge boulders.
Just because you can.

Relatedly, did that one absurd Deep One warpriest from a while ago go anywhere or reach a state of reasonable finishedness?
>>
File: PF - Ranged Weapon Mastery.jpg (1 MB, 4521x3200) Image search: [Google]
PF - Ranged Weapon Mastery.jpg
1 MB, 4521x3200
>>44024390
No, but the Magus can take the Martial Focus feat.
>>
>Asura
>Demodand
Who are more heretical?
>>
In one of my campaigns, we have a player that hasn't been here for like 8 sessions over 2 months, and I doubt he'll be back, is there any way we can sell his character for cash? Evil characters btw, so no moral difficulties.
>>
>>44024827
>even fewer reasons to use guns and gunslingers now
Thanks a bunch paizo. At least guns had a better run than Words of Power.
>>
>>44024898
Asuras are living blasphemies, each one arisen through a mistake made by a God that granted them with obscene, heretical life that stands in opposition to entities that possess a fundamental link with the multiverse itself. Asuras oppose everything deities stand for, and seek nothing less than the systematic destruction of everything they helped to create.

Demodands are suck-up titanspawn slaves-cross-shock-troops.

I think Asuras win this one, Jim.
>>
>>44024898
>looking up names of Asura ranas

Chugarra the Guru of Butchers
Gavidya the Numberless
Hydim of the Eternal Fast
Ioramvol with the Mouth Full of Boulders
Maeha, Father of False Worlds
Onamahli the Twice Pure
Rahu the Sun Eater
Rytara, Serpent of the Eastern Eye
Taraksun, Awakener of Wrath
Zurapadyn, the Beast Who Waits in Smoke

Well then.
>>
Hey Dreamscarred guys, are you planning to add Favored Class options to Path of War: Expanded? Has somebody already asked this in the five hundred /pfg/ threads since last weekend?

I ask mostly out of curiosity as I am a boring player and usually opt for +1 skill point (because I have a habit of aiming to be a skill monkey and there are just too many skills and never enough skill points).
>>
>>44025268
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UzzPibcqPZObXZ-IoLrd4ikiT6KWiaq92irAJHfIxzc/edit
Here.
>>
File: Warlord (Junedays).jpg (165 KB, 1024x739) Image search: [Google]
Warlord (Junedays).jpg
165 KB, 1024x739
>>44025268
They already exist:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UzzPibcqPZObXZ-IoLrd4ikiT6KWiaq92irAJHfIxzc/edit?pli=1

>>44025130
Have we been able to make a better Gunslinger than the Gunslinger with 1PP yet?
>>
>>44025330
Yay! Thanks.
>>
>>44025250
Interestingly enough, the Asura description in Bestiary 3 is the only one to make a direct reference to reformed asura, meaning that it's a thing that actually happens, or at least at a far better rate then other fiends.
>>
>>44023957
As a follow up to >>44024069 I confirmed my suspicion that the tier lists is pretty much just "What level caster is it?"

Tier 1: All six 9-Book Caster classes, a single 9-Known Caster and two other 9-Knowns with the right builds.
Tier 2: The other builds for those 9-knowns, the only surprising results here, in that the only other non-build dependents are 2 6-Known Casters, and 3 more build dependent 6Ks, while only 2 build-dependant 6-Book Casters are here.
Tier 3: 5 6-Books, 5 6-Knowns, and build dependant 4-Books (2) and a 4-Known
Tier-4: An NPC class, that is literally the only 5-Book, 3 4-Book, 1 4-Known, and 6 Non-casters and 2 build dependant Non-Casters
Tier 5 & 6 are all non-caster.

So, yeah, the loss of Spell Levels 7-9 are literally the entire reason WarPriest is only tier 3.
>>
>>44025375
Unsurprising, given that spell levels seem to get better by orders of magnitude (not always, but often), and 9th level is basically the "fuck you I do what I want" spells.
>>
>>44025334
Depends on what you mean by "better". Guns need a LOT of shit to work, and so far the only thing I've seen that comes close to using them with efficiency is Eldritch Archer Magus, but you're going to be burning a lot of feats just to use guns period, never mind efficiently.

Guns are a fucking mess.
>>
File: professor.png (27 KB, 89x162) Image search: [Google]
professor.png
27 KB, 89x162
>>44025375
>>
>>44025334
>Have we been able to make a better Gunslinger than the Gunslinger with 1PP yet?
Probably with Eldritch Archer Magus or Steelhound Investigator
>>
File: 1449359089767.jpg (61 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
1449359089767.jpg
61 KB, 653x495
Why don't casters have to aim their spells?
>>
>>44025521
They do if they're rays
>>
File: buttman.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
buttman.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>44025521
>why...casters...?
>>
Rather than our usual adventuring, our party decided to dedicate some time to building up our kingdom in Kingmaker. We ended up doing like 9 months of kingdom duties. The GM felt bad for what he thought was probably a lame session since that's all we did, but I at least didn't mind it much. It was all stuff that we really needed to get done, and now we've claimed a lot of valuable new resources and built a bunch of new buildings. We did a bit of role playing too, of course.

Next week should be more interesting, but earlier today the DM asked us how we feel about him bringing in a friend as a new player to our game (which currently has 6 players but typically only has 4 or 5 showing up to a given session). Personally, I don't like the idea for a couple reasons, not the least of which is that we're already a pretty sizable party. On the other hand though, I'd feel a little bad for disappointing the guy who just wants to play game after hearing about how our long-running campaign has been going.
>>
>>44025704
Tell your DM to start a side campaign for him then. 7 players is asking for trouble.
>>
Who is your favorite outsider "Big Guy"?
(Like a demon lord, asura rana, daemon harbringer, etc)
>>
>>44025704
>>44025754

Reminds me of an idea I had a while back. I suggested to a friend or two who were interested in my game but had onerous time restraints to instead of play a member of the party, to instead run a villainous faction. Let them play the dread lich or the chromatic dragon, and let them make their lair, make plans for world domination or whatever, and make them adapt to the actions the PCs take. In turn, the PCs have to overcome the machinations this other person has put into place.
>>
>>44025811
Folca!
>>
>>44025811

Nocticula
>>
>>44025848
I've always appreciated Folca for just hoe ballsy of a move he is.

Daemons could have very easily been a boring part of the background, but things like that help Gove the idea that these guys are serious, and also truly vile. It's great, and one of the things I can say Piazo did well.
>>
In Reign of Winter, how can I ride Baba Yaga's hut?
>>
>>44024213
Because they're like Wizard of the Coast adding new keyword abilities in Magic: the Gathering. It's cool and interesting at first, and it gives lots of people new interesting toys and ideas to work with. But you can't focus on it forever, and there are much more important elements to attend to, so eventually you move on and no one ever really gets around to paying attention to them again.

Personally, I think it's a little annoying, although I cut MtG more slack about it than I do Pathfinder.
>>
>>44025912
I like how the Daemonic Harbinger are not big, vague concepts of evil but base, petty vile and ultimatly mundane evil. It makes them so much nastier.
>>
>>44025978
Paizo just needs to stop being such cockteases and give us a proper qlippoth expansion.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/louis-porter-jr-design/machinesmith

Can you guys look this over? Is it as broken as I think it is or am I not understanding something? Were playing an industrial revolution / WW1 setting focusing on Magic vs Tech and the class looks cool but it also looks like he can do basically whatever he wants AND be good at it.
>>
>>44025521
Because magic works on a concept-targeting level, so other than rays which are physical rays that are magic damage, magic targets whatever real world object that corresponds to the concept of the target in the wizard's mind.
>>
>>44022975
man what the fuck made them think they could take on Baba Yaga?

The Old Crone's the strongest damn thing Paizo ever statted.
>>
>>44023772
100% Psychopomp.
>>
r8 my new class

SHATTERMIND

d6 HD
2 + Int skill points, all skills as class skills
Medium BAB
Bad Saves

~~SPLINTERS~~
At first level, the shattermind gains two splinters to switch between. Switching between splinters takes a full hour and can only be done once per day. You can switch one more time at 2nd level, and may switch one additional time every 6 levels thereafter.

When you gain a splinter, choose any other base class that you have not already selected. At 1st and 2nd level, you gain one 1st-level class feature of the corresponding class to use while in that splinter. Starting at third level, you simply have all of the class's features while in that splinter as if you had advanced it to level 2. At every level NOT divisible by 3 from then on, your splinters advance one class level for the purposes of gaining class features. When you make any decisions that would be permanent for the class, such as learning spells, they are still permanent when you switch back to that splinter again in the future.

You gain an additional splinter with all first-level class features at 6th, 9th and 12th levels. Once you advance to the next level, that new splinter becomes like the others you have: 2/3s of your shattermind levels in class feature progression.

~~SPLINTER LIKENESS~~
Starting at 1st level, when you change to a splinter you gain two temporary skill ranks per shattermind level to put into your choice of skills on that class's list until your next change. These cannot qualify you for feats or classes, and obey normal maximums.

Instead of the previous benefit, you may also choose to gain 1 maximum hit point per level if the splinter's class has higher than d6 hit dice. Your hit points increase with it.

At 8th level, you may also gain a competence bonus to one of that splinter class's strong saving throws, of +1 per 3 shattermind levels.

(ctd next post)
>>
>>44026263
~~SPLINTER BOLSTERED~~
Starting at 2nd level, when you change to a splinter you gain a +2 competence bonus to one attribute of your choice and -2 to another. You can do two instances of this ability (cumulatively or to other attributes) starting at level 5. When you multisplinter (and reach the level required to use this with multisplinter), you still only gain the benefits of this ability once.

~~MULTISPLINTER~~
Starting at 8th level, you can change to two splinters at once, but gain no benefit from Splinter Likeness or Splinter Bolstered whatsoever, even for the first splinter.

When you reach 11th level, you can do this and gain the benefit of Splinter Likeness for just one of your splinters, and one instance of Splinter Bolstered.

At 15th level, you can multisplinter and benefit from Splinter Likeness for both splinters and two instances of Splinter Bolstered.
>>
>>44026012
>but it also looks like he can do basically whatever he wants AND be good at it.
Looks solid T3 to me.
>>
>>44026263
>>44026295
1/10

unnecessarily complicated for a shit concept
>>
>>44026263
Now this, this is an excellent way to do whatever you want and be SHIT at it.
>>
So I'm looking at daemons since I never really bothered before, and Szuriel seems pretty rad to me.

"Szuriel’s cults often portray her not as a paragon of destruction, conquest, and genocide but as a being promising righteous victory or the purity of a martyr’s death, with the souls of fallen soldiers being elevated to paradise regardless of the horrific crimes they might
commit (and which they are, in fact, persuaded to perform). The impure are to be put to the sword, the infidels butchered, the heretics killed, the others swept below a tide of steel, and the Horseman will smile and guide the hand of each and every killer before claiming
him as well."

I love that twisted sense of righteousness.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png
75 KB, 325x244
>>44026263
i tried to read this and my eyes literally started glazing over after the first few sentences. i guess you get to basically be a really shitty version of a 2e multiclass?
>>
>>44026263
>>44026295
Would have been better in a simpler time when every class didn't have to choose from a library of new abilities every other level. Having to build and play 2/3s of 5 different classes' features would put you to sleep.
>>
>>44025912

Folca is evidence that Paizo can release practically anything "problematic" and literally nothing will come of it.

Why the fuck does Paizo listen to those people anyway, they really felt the need to defend the Anunnaki to a bunch of losers on Tumblr? They feel their progressive views get sales? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>44026406

I'm this close to making a connection between her and Sarenrae.

Because holy shit Szuriel sounds like the worst aspects of Islam and Christianity.
>>
>>44025952
>get in the hut
>take the controls
>control the hut
>>
>>44026516

Reading it I totally got this orthodox Satanism vibe. Kind of like "Praise the Lord" wherein of course the Lord is Satan or Lucifer.

>commit mass slaughter and genocide
"Praise ye the Lorde! This is the day which She hathe made! All shall be glad and rejoice! Praise ye the Lorde!"
>>
>>44023772
I'd like to see a sphinx-bloodline at some point, or at least something desert themed. But what I'd really like to see are more wildbloods.
>>
reminder baba yaga did 9/11
>>
File: Grog_Hill_1.png (52 KB, 475x351) Image search: [Google]
Grog_Hill_1.png
52 KB, 475x351
>>44026125
The same thing that makes any PC think they can kill anything they come across, and the same thing that stops them from running away from any encounter.
>>
File: Rune_Fencer_Artwork.jpg (124 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Fencer_Artwork.jpg
124 KB, 473x480
hey /pfg/!
I'm gonna do an oneshot with some non /tg/ related friends, who want to try it out. After asking their ideal preferences, i'm about to start making their characters (for convenience).
They've chosen:
- A sneaky character based on backstabs and ambushes
- Something that resembles Rengar from LoL
- Something that resembles Johanna from HotS
- A cute magic-user

what shall i do?
>>
>>44026593
>>44026516
>>44026406

Do you think Szuriel supports blood orgies and carrying out her divine will through awakened forest critters?
>>
>>44026701
All bard party obviously
>>
>>44026701
Well, obviously the cute magic user needs to be the party bicycle, so the rest of the party needs to be male (or at least able and willing to use an alternative). For a sneaky character, I recommend something like an Unchained Rogue or Slayer if he wants to be non-magic or something like a Bard or Alchemist if he does want to be magic ("magic" with emphasis on the quotes if Alchemist). For the second and third, I can't help much because I don't know who those characters are. Briefly looking them up via Google has me guessing that Rengar could be something like a Barbarian with the Beast Totem rage powers, and Johanna seems like a Warpriest, Paladin, or Cleric. "Cute magic-user" is super-vague since there are a lot of magic user classes in Pathfinder and being cute isn't exactly a class feature, but it'd probably be something like a CHA-based caster, so maybe a Sorcerer or Oracle, depending on where that player might want their magic powers to come from.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
3 KB, 200x200
>DM calls it a sandbox campaign
>We're always on the rails from one quest to another because the world-ending threat will seriously end the world if we don't stop it

What's the point in calling it a sandbox?
>>
>>44026703

I'm not too sure if Woodland Critter Christmas quite fits Her MO.
>>
>>44026701
Johanna could work as a core Paladin
Magic user should probably be something not-vancian; Third party spheres caster?
Sneaky Character should be vivisection alchemist. Basically anything with sneak attack, or maybe the Path of War rogue or stalker.
Rengar... Rengar could also be a Ninja with the Vanish Ninja trick. Maybe make some custom beast-folk race. If third-party is on the line, I'd suggest Brutal Stalker (Strength based Stalker).

Rengar and the rogue kinda overlap, so see what your friend likes about Rengar.
>>44026905
>Want to play a sandbox campaign
>Players have no self-initiative.
>Have to lead the from quest to quest.
>>
>>44026703
Nnnnnoooooo.
>>
>>44026905
Sandbox is practically a campaign buzzword that people just use to catch other people's attention.
>>
File: _1.jpg (508 KB, 1280x937) Image search: [Google]
_1.jpg
508 KB, 1280x937
>>44026853
>>44026721
>>44026931
So far, i was thinking:

- Ninja, vanishing tricks and shurikens
- Rengar - Stygian Slayer. He can stealth and jump from the bushes to assassinate targets, has 2... daggers? kukris?
- Johanna doesn't deal enough damage to be a paladin, but a tank warpriest looks fine
- Uh... Fey Bloodline Sorcerer? My idea of Cute is pic related, so i'm lost here.
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448726102088.png
66 KB, 1000x1000
>>44026931

But that's the thing, anon.

I've been trying my gosh darn hardest to throw big, fat, throbbing plot hooks at the DM for sidequest potential, but none of them have stuck.
>>
File: 1384047311181.jpg (173 KB, 340x818) Image search: [Google]
1384047311181.jpg
173 KB, 340x818
>>44026956
>- Uh... Fey Bloodline Sorcerer? My idea of Cute is pic related, so i'm lost here.

Here's a better pic of a cute magic user.
>>
>>44026701
Make the cute magic user a Qlippothspawn sorcerer with the Abyssal bloodline.
Ask your DM (or yourself if your the DM) if the bloodline resists can be replaced by the qlippoth resists instead of the demon resists.
>>
>>44026956
Rengar turns invisible too. He's a dual weilding (Dagger/Metal claw) assassin that jumps around, has some self healing, and can throw bolas at people to prevent them from getting away.

Johanna is based off the D3 Crusader, which is basically a not!paladin. In HOTS, she's just stupidly tanky and has a ton of CC, with little damage.
'Cute' character could be any Cha-based caster. Vancian isn't the best way to introduce someone to D&D though, specially if they play video games.
Rogue is rogue.

I hate saying this, but really you should go to 3rd party sources to make the game a bit more bearable for newbies, especially if they play video games.

Additionally, I'd let them make their own characters. Set them down with a class, and let them look over it, to see if they can really do what they want to do. One sentence descriptions are hardly useful here, and half the fun of having a character is creating it.
>>
>>44025912
Folca isn't that ballsy. To me he's just there and feels like a "look how mature we are!" but of tokenism. Until they get the stones to actually do something more than an entry in a table in the back of a book, they don't have much.
>>
>>44026125
Have you ever played in an actual game?

I mean, charging at shit you should run screaming from is what most PCs have as their job description.
>>
>>44026406
DEUS VULT.
>>
>>44026966
Note them outside the game, or discuss what he means by 'sandbox'.
I know one assmaster from the college group that thought it meant 'make less than 10 moral decisions over the course of the campaign'.
I learned this when he praised FF13 for being 'sandboxy'.
>>
>>44027131
Folca confirmed for major villain of Paizo's next AP after Strange Aeons.
>>
>>44027161
>I mean, charging at shit you should run screaming from is what most PCs have as their job description.

>Player Rule: "If it's on a combat map, it can be killed."
>Addendum: "If it's not on a combat map, there's a way to neutralize it with skills."
>>
>>44027189

So I'm slowly making my way through Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but damn it, they make it pretty damn clear "You're dumb if you worship the Four, like, really dumb, they don't like you, and they really don't like you praying to them"
>>
>>44027216

>All of Folca's worshipers are middle-aged white men
>>
File: 1417425175222.png (524 KB, 472x587) Image search: [Google]
1417425175222.png
524 KB, 472x587
>>44027238
I'm certain that they're just tsundere for you
>>44027253
>All of Folca's worshipers are shota hungry milfs
>>
>>44027253
What, no /ss/-happy psycho-bitches?
>>
>>44027238
I mean, their entire thing is that they want to kill everyone.
You have to be pretty stupid or seriously nihilistic to want to worship them.
>>
>>44027161
Yeah but when you see the house with chicken legs you basically automatically know who it is. Once you KNOW it's Baba Yaga you gotta rethink what you're doing.

I mean, I know when I play a level 3 character I don't charge the gargantuan dragon. This is that times a million.
>>
>>44027281
Yeah at least Folca just wants to fuck kids.
>>
>>44027212
>Note them outside the game, or discuss what he means by 'sandbox'.

I have, actually.

Before a session or after a session when we're shooting the shit I'd usually say something to the effect of how cool it would be to, say, worm our way into the Not!HRE, or that "Gateway to the East" sounds like an awesome opportunity to travel the silk road as traders, or shit, something as simple as playing Village Manager with the impoverished yokels whose lord met a terrible fate at the end of our swords.
>>
>>44027281
Anon, people worship Rovagug and he just wants to kill everyone and it's like the main tenant of his church. People are fucking dumb.
>>
>>44027301
Don't you know that the higher the CR, the harder it is to know something about them?
>>
>>44027347
Somehow worshiping Rovie seems slightly less stupid. Orcs seem to get along alright with him. Like his antipaladin code says, "all things will be destroyed, but the tools of destruction will be destroyed last". Or something like that. So as long as you're a tool of destruction, you get to stick around and have fun.

Whereas daemons just hate you, like, so much.
>>
>>44027347
We had talks yesterday about how one could Worship Rovagug cuz they think the world's a shitter and we could do with a do-over.

Which, considering Golarion, isn't an invalid thought.
>>
>>44027281
>>44027347
People worship the horsemen because they think living is suffering and that ending it is good for everyone. People worship Rovagug not because they think he's a paragon of the destruction and power they wish to wield.

Both are also worshiped by sick fucks and dumbasses as well.

>>44027391
>but the tools of destruction will be destroyed last
I guess Rovagug hasn't spoiled his little secret to his worshipers yet that he's already planning to destroy Shelyn last, in the name of twue wuve.
>>
>>44027268
>>44027278

Folca's portfolio reads far more like the creepy stereotypical 1980s pedophile than some cock-hungry schoolteacher.
>>
>>44027361
You wouldn't know intricate details about her capabilities but you still know common folklore and shit. Same reason you still know a great wyrm dragon is a dangerous ass dragon, even if you can't technically make the CR based knowledge check.
>>
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/well-bred

Wow, the fruit of Mengkare's breeding program isn't as sweet as we thought.
>>
>>44027759
>Mengkare's minions take an actual penalty because of their breeding
That's kinda sad, actually.
>>
>>44027759
I mean, traits can only do so much.

Unless it's fate's favored or one of the bullshit magic ones.
>>
>>44027432
I thought he was going to put her in his eye, so she could watch him destroy everything?

How's he gonna do that if he's already destroyed everything?
>>
File: pale night.jpg (171 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
pale night.jpg
171 KB, 400x600
>>44025811
I sadly don't know many Golarion outsiders, so I'll say Pale Night. The terrifying demon lord known as the Mother of Demons, who reality itself cloaks in an intangible veil because her true form is 404 not found.
>>
>>44026263
>>44026295
So, pick a bunch of classes, get 2/3s progression, but only use one at a time? HOW does 2/3s of a character help anyone? And how does having multiple builds benefit your party composition, when the other 3 don't change and thus only need 1 role from you?
>>
>>44027432
Or because they want power and aren't picky about the fallout. I mean, rovie and the horsemen (LIVE AT THE OPERA HOUSE) do want to destroy everything, but as long as you're usefully destroying things you're probably fairly safe. Devils will ironically fuck you over in a personal and horrible manner because they love doing that shit, whereas demons might feel like disemboweling you one day and then just do it.
All either of them wants is destruction, and they're easy enough to appease on a short term basis.
>>
>>44027900
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/well-bred
He's gonna put her in his eye, then destroy everything except Shelyn so she can watch, then destroy Shelyn... Then presumably eat himself or something, and we get a freaky new setting
>>
>>44028065
That greentext was not suppose to be there, and I'm not sure how it got there.
>>
>>44028023
Is there any evil that's worth worshipping?
Requesting that anime screencap where some evil big bad lets his second lieutenant retire peacefully.
>>
>>44028101
Nocticula.

Zon-Kuthon if Nidal.

Lamashtu if you're barren.

Probably others.
>>
>>44028023

That's the thing though, Devils won't do that, because they are lawful. they honor their contracts. Demons generally don't, and so are obviously more dangerous to deal with, but they still benefit from your life and at least enjoy having you around to worship them.

Daemon though... they don't. You are an object of abhorrence to them. they hate your every fiber of being, because you are living, and they want you to cease. They don't care if you go around murdering in their name or praying sweet blasphemies to them. They want you dead.
>>
Okay so lets say you're a race of Aliens specializing in arcane magic, aside from magic your tech level is about generic medieval fantasy setting level. With Magic you can potentially engage in space travel. You're race has absolutely no ability/aptitude for Psionic abilities, and are generally too frail to become Martial initiators.

Mass/Interplanetary teleportation is VERY, VERY costly and inefficient but not impossible. Planar transport is non-existent as well, and there no Demons,Angels, etc as PF defines them.

You're in charge of a faction that has recently discovered a planet with lots and lots of resources, but has already been settled and ruled by humans. They're around late mid to late 1800's level in technology, many still use melee weapons because Psionics and Martial Initiation allows other weapons to stay competitive with repeating firearms. though some of your intelligence is saying there are some outliers thanks to the discovery and use of alchemy and a very strategic resource that could also be used to cheapen many magical processes and revolutionize your arcane studies and civilization. You want it and you need it! You'd be rich if you got your hands on this stuff and the profits would be more than enough to cover traveling and mining there, this is wealth beyond anyone's wildest imagination.
Some more information on the planets populace
>humans seem to be the only intelligent race
>Arcane and Divine magic have absolute no presence on this planet.
>very dangerous wildlife, generally stay clear of humans and civilization. Estimates say that magical beasts like Bulettes and Owlbears would fail to make any meaningful impact on the ecosystem/have a hard time competing with other predators.
>Human's displaying Psionic aptitude range around 20-40% depending on the area, very common.
How would you go about invading this planet for its resources?
>>
>>44028134
>Lamashtu if you're barren.
But why not Pharasma?
>>
>>44028101
Asmodeus is pretty much required if you want to be someone in Cheliax.
Plenty of demon lords and undead-focused deities can help you become a lich.

>>44028180
Man Pharasma doesn't give a shit about you.
>>
>>44028178
I probably should be more direct, I need ideas for how wizard aliens would invade a planet.
>>
>>44028101
Amodeus?

He's pretty chill.

Hell, he doesn't give a damn what alignment you are. Paladins of Asmodeus, man. He's more Lawful than Evil.
>>
>>44028101
Asura, Thanatotic Titans and Demodands, Rakshasha
>>
>>44028101
Generally not? I assume there's some broish lawful evil, but other than that the best you've got to hope for is rovie who has better shit to do than micromanage you after making you the hulk, or a demon or devil lord who has zero time for your shit.
Basically, the safest way to be evil is to be a shitty low level minion and whine to Pharasma that you just fell in with a bad crowd.
>>
>>44028266

Friendly reminder Paizo 100% backpedalled and retconned Paladins of Asmodeus into not existing despite being devoted like an entire page to them in one of the Council of Thieves books.
>>
>>44028266
>Paladins of Asmodeus
>accepting Frasier's work
Kill yourself

>>44028313
Wrong. Read Distant Shores. It's canon again.
>>
>>44028134
>Nocticula.
Incestuous with her brother
A demon, which >>44028023
>whereas demons might feel like disemboweling you one day and then just do it.
has already pointed out is a bad idea
>Zon-Kuthon
Fucking insane and self pain? Skip
>Lamashtu
I don't know much about her besides 'fuck animals', so no comment.
>>44028224
>>44028266
>Amodeus?
Doesn't he hate the mortal races?
>>44028292
>Others
Please explain, not familiar with any of those guys.
>>
>>44028329

If you mean Pact Servant then it does not apply to Paladins. Paizo devs have stated this repeatedly. They 100% do not support it. If you want it in your homebreew, go for it, but it has been 100% retconned from official Paizo setting.
>>
>>44028385
I don't see why Asmo would hate the mortal races.

If he hates anyone it's people in general.

>>44028389
It doesn't apply to paladins because they have ZERO rules about who they can worship in the first place.
>>
>>44028385
A sure really fucking hate the gods and their creations, and probably appreciate someone turning their backs on them.
The Thanatotic titans thought themselves gods, and so created the demodands. Being worshipped is probably something they enjoy.
Rakshasha probably treat favored slaves well.,
>>
>>44028389
>Paizo devs have stated this repeatedly.
Source?

>>44028418
He's butthurt that Ihys gave mortal free will, iirc.
>>
>>44028418

But a Paladin, using Pact Servant, can not worship Asmodeus. That's end of story. It was retconned.

>>44028457

"To summarize Wes:
*The trait was not intended to allow paladins of Asmodeus.
*We have no plans to publish actual paladins of Asmodeus (though it might be fun to have some Asmodean scammers calling themselves paladins, just to mess with people...).
*PFS will not be allowing paladins of Asmodeus.
*You can do whatever you want in your home game. This was true before we published the feat, and remains true today. :)
That's not just Wes talking—last I checked in with all the various stakeholders, that was Paizo's official stance. So if you're a person who cares about official stances, that's ours. :D"
>>
>>44028499
Okay, that proves it's not RAI, but until they officially fix it in FAQ/errata it's still RAW and I laugh at their blunder.
>>
>>44028528

Except most DMs in my experience go by Paizo RAI. Further, such a mistake on their part does not reverse their retcon as indicated.

If you want to do such things in your homebrew, go for it, but official Paizo material is pretty clear on their stance.
>>
>>44028588
Official Paizo materials says you can worship Asmodeus as a LN god, fucktard. It also says characters, including paladins, can worship a god within one alignment step of themselves. It's not complicated.
>>
>>44028588
Official Paizo game content fully and unequivocally supports Paladins of Asmodeus. You talking to a dude over lunch saying he regrets writing the game rules as they are does not mean they don't fucking exist.
>>
>>44028162
>honor their contracts
The problem is they have eighty kajillion years of practice with contract writing and you are a lazy schmuck who wants to take the easy way to power.
I will say they'll probably leave you alone if you meet your quotas, but eh.

>>44028178
Mass grease bombs. Watch their sword magic fail when they can't hold their swords.
Failing that, get your globes of invulnerability ready, simultaneously airdropping wands of fireball and lightning bolt into opposing kingdoms.
Failing that, Detect Thoughts and Change Self infiltration.
>>
>>44028101
Asmodeus, Prince of Law.

Iomedae and Sarenrae both go to him for advice, after all.
>>
>>44028101
Urgathoa for marriage.
>>
>>44028650

What Paizo devs state as RAI is more often than not, law. If you can find a DM who hates Paizo as much as /pfg/ then great, but most DMs submit to Paizo devs for their answers and RAI and will clearly not allow Paladins of Asmodeus.
>>
>>44028731
>being this delusional
Let me guess, you play PFS?
>>
>>44028457
Ihys was massively Chaotic, so yeah, Asmo dislikes that whole free will thing, because he knows that the mortals will destroy themselves and the multiverse needs Law more.

Friendly reminder that Pharasma agrees, because she's acting lawful and aeons are injecting pure chaos into the multiverse as a balance.
>>
>>44028588
>>44028731
RAI is not ambiguous at all though, it's a very simple rule and it applies to Paladins. No one but you even felt the need to seek out an answer from an employee of Paizo on whether Weapon Focus grants a +1 attack roll bonus to the selected weapon - even when they tell you the opposite is true, a normal group is not confused by it to begin with and won't go and find your obscure ruling from their message board. They'll read the game content and play it.
>>
File: Westcrown during the End Times.jpg (94 KB, 940x420) Image search: [Google]
Westcrown during the End Times.jpg
94 KB, 940x420
>>44028065
>and we get a freaky new setting

>tfw pic related will never happen
>>
>>44025521
Most spells don't work at all without line of sight or line of effect
>>
>>44028785
Remember, Aeons are always right.
>>
>>44028872
About what?
As far as I can tell they just to arbitrary mysterious shit.
>>
>>44028915
Speaking of mysterious shit, can anyone post that one black and white severely overpowered creature from Bestiary 5 that was supposed to deliver cryptic messages and promote retarded good-evil balance? I thought it was a cool thing but didn't save any image of it.
>>
How many Lantern Archon are too many Lantern Archon?

With Scroll of Litany of Righteous in my hand... I wants to makes everything explode with the Light of Judgement.
>>
>>44028101
Urgathoa has a pretty heavy hedonism schtick going on and isn't completely insano evil.
>>
File: 1447208431998.png (6 KB, 358x235) Image search: [Google]
1447208431998.png
6 KB, 358x235
>tfw you reveal to the party you've got the Executioner archetype.
>>
>>44028612
Actually I don't thinks there is a rule on alignment restriction of religion unless you are a Cleric and stuff right?
>>
>>44028418
IIRC Asmodeus has some sort of infinity long term plan that is supposedly supposed to save the universe from being destroyed, and hates demons and daemons worse than good aligned dieties. At the very least he wants reality to exist so he can lord over it.
>>
>>44029195
Mechanically, you can't get benefits from worshipping a deity from Obedience feats, deity-specific items, traits, and so on unless you're within one alignment step. Fluffwise, yes, you can just say you worship whoever you want.
>>
>>44028731
> What JJ stated is law
> All Summon Monster creatures are now my Imaginary Friends
> Clearly contradict RAW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1446991854760.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
1446991854760.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>44028981
You meany Handy over here?
>>
>>44023209
Lets be honest, valeros and seoni are quite retardedly built as well.
>Seoni lvl 1
>Chose mage armor and magic missile as starting spells
>Described as "artillery"

Meanwhile valeros uses two weapons of differing types and is built to not be able to do anything.
>>
>>44029285
>Do you even lift, mortal?
>>
>>44029333
Honestly I'm most surprised by the fact that the sorceress is lawful.
>>
>>44029285
Yes, thanks a ton. I don't suppose the pdf allows you to copy-paste the particular image right off of the page, does it?
>>
>>44026905
>DM runs an AP
>Try our best to investigate shit
>Literally nothing happens
>Leads send us nowhere
>Dead ends everywhere
>5 sessions of moslty dead air as we ask if doing this gets us somewhere
>"npc refuses to give you information" and "the scroll tells you nothing important"
>>
Can I combine two archetypes if one of them removes a feature that the other simply changes?
>>
>>44029636
No.
>>
File: Lipika.png (456 KB, 799x972) Image search: [Google]
Lipika.png
456 KB, 799x972
>>44029558
>>
>>44029558
I have all the images extracted but on my other computer alas. Give Nitro Reader a try, you can get nice transparencies with the free version.

>>44029678
That looks like shit.
>>
>>44029696
Indeed it does. It's exactly what anon asked for, though. Copy-pasting the image right off the page.
>>
>>44029755
Did you do that in Paint, or did you do it in something that actually supports transparency?
>>
>>44029652
gay
The one that changes it is exchanging it for a thing of equal power, so it should stand to reason that trading the new thing out is the same cost as trading out the original.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.