[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QUEST It's Our New World S03 EP09
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: couple new world op.jpg (212 KB, 1072x968) Image search: [Google]
couple new world op.jpg
212 KB, 1072x968
Hey guys, sorry, the thread was delayed because of Alien Invasion, but I'm here now, so let me know when you get here too
>>
>>44020534
Ready to start when you are
>>
shoot the elf. She was resisting arrest
>>
>>44020615
>>44020725

>>44020725
>shoot the elf. She was resisting arrest
But she has cooties! what if they're contagious!?
>>
Is this like Police Quest?
>>
>>44021555
im not sure... we do have a cop elf and human, though. Waiting for more people to show up and say hi, though if experience has taught me something is that around this time of year players dissapear as they start traveling around to see their families and such
>>
>>44021898
Hello, personally I see this quest, besides the story relationships and daw-ness, like the movie hot fuzz. Alot of humor and occasionally high octane cop action except about completely mundane-ish things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koU01Ah_MrY
>>
>>44022553
Howdy. Well, I guess we have enough people, so lets see...

Last time, one of the elves' hunting beasts bit the hand off a would be-thief inside its master's house, which is causing a lot of debate about the creature and its kin.

As they come back from their early morning jog, Ellie leans down to take off Stella's harness and leash, while Cedric goes to prepare breakfast.

Once they have had shower and breakfast, they dress up while listening to the news...

Do you guys think they would have a tc on the bedroom? I know they are omnipresent nowadays, but I really like the idea that a family should have one EITHER on the living/dining room, OR on the bedroom, you know? there should be a space and time where you and your family spent time together talking and enjoying each other company, rather than the tv
>>
>>44022776
Well given Cedric lived alone before, and more and more people just stream movies and shows/ use a computer so it seems rarer nowadays for there to be a tv in the bedroom as opposed to just one in the living room.
>>
>>44022776
cedric seems lik the kinda person to have a single tv in the living room
>>
File: healthy elf.png (596 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
healthy elf.png
596 KB, 800x1200
>>44022844
>>44022910
Alright. I do want them to be able to hear the news though, so let's say he has a small radio in the bathroom, or a radio clock on the night table by the bed.

As he helps Ellie with her tie (she liked the ties, and he decided she looked extrmely cute with a shirt and tie, thus she has quite a few now), they listen to the music from the large, old fashioned alarm clock/radio on the night table.

When the music stops, the announcer tells the time and switches to the news.

'And on to the business everyone is talking about right now, the would-be thief that got bitten while trying to rob a house.

The alleged criminal is now out of danger and recovering, albeit the hand is gone for good. It sort of remains me of muslim law, you know? Only, in this case, this person went into someone's home in the middle of the night, and then that person's pet attacked the would be thief, defending its owner and his property, rather than it being a case of a random thief getting caught and losing a hand by sword, right?

Still, if an animal is large and powerful enough to just chomp someone's hand and then swallow it, then that animal is more than large and powerful enough to kill, right?

We have all heard about putbulls and other dog breeds attacking and killing people before. This isn't new. The only difference is, this is a different creature.

In a few states, you CAN have your very own tiger, you know? would we be making such a fuss if we heard "thief breaks into a private home and gets attacked by a tiger"? I don't think so.

We would be saying 'what kind of dumbass breaks into a house with a tiger' instead. Its a frikkin tiger, did the thief miss it? did he not care?

Like I said, I haven't seen the... roller, right? I haven't seen them, but I've heard that they are at least the size of a small bear.

Did the thief saw this ball of fur teeth and claws, this animal that is used to hunt, and go 'nah, it'll be fine, man!' before entering the house?

1/?
>>
File: elf underwear.png (503 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
elf underwear.png
503 KB, 600x800
>>44023112

This is about as stupid as guy looking down into a shotgun's barrel to try and see if it is loaded, then dying when it shoots its head off! Would we go "ban all guns! protect retards!" ? no we don't.

If we heard such a thing, we would say "Darwinism" or maybe even "Nothing of value was lost."

A thief lost its hand breaking into someone's home? bo ho ho cry me a river! Can you just FEEL the pity I have for this guy?

Now, should an animal that is capable of ripping someone's hand off be okay to keep as a pet? Well, I dunno, an average dog could do the same, you know?

And I mean a "dog", not one of those toy breeds that you can see valley giels carrying around on their designed-brand handbags. I mean a real dog. I am pretty fucking sure that if my golden retriever really felt the need to defend my home and life, it could do some pretty gasthly damage to a would-be robber.

Hell, if Rover bit two fingers off a thief inside my house, I would guy him a whole new bed just for him to sleep in, new collar, and the very best doggy treats for a year, you know!?

...but my dog is so goddamn lazy that if I heard it bark at a stranger, I'd have to at least pat its head and congratulate it for doing its job...

Anyway, these are new animals to us, we don't know what they can do, so I UNDERSTAND why people are worried.

But you know who knows them? their owners do. The people that, you know, has breed them the way we have breed dogs? I really hope that, whatever comitee is sitting down trying to figure out what to do about this, has had the required brain size required to invite one to their meetings!

***Cedric turns the radio off***

"We can keep listening on the truck's radio. Let's go or we'll be late for work." -he says
"Alright" -Ellie walks down with him and they leave together.

"Which radio was it...?"
"Your bedroom's?"
"Thank you love. I don't know what I'd do without you" -he says as he leans over to kiss her left ear for a moment

2/?
>>
>>44023285

***He messes around with the dial (yes, his truck's radio actually has dials) and finds the station.***

'We are waiting for a special guest to arrive in the next 10 minutes. We invited a veterinarian and hunt enthusiast to the show, so you have about that long to start thinking questions. In the meanwhile, let's have some music.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg
'
>Call and make some questions. Suggest some questions
>FF a bit to arriving at the station
>Other
>>
>>44023285
They do in California
>>
>>44023394
>>Call and make some questions. Suggest some questions

Ask the Vet how many Rollers he's worked on and how is he an expert on a animal that showed up a short while ago
>>
>>44023602
This
>>
>>44023636
>>44023602
alright, what else?
>>
>>44023700
if its an Elf maybe ask If they get a taste for people meat once they eat a person or part of a person
>>
>>44023700
Well, since it seems like there's no other suggestions, let's go with it.

Ellie pulled out her phone from the inner pocket of her fluffy jacket.
For someone as strong against the cold as she was, the jacket was more of a fashion accessory than a fancy handbag would be, but it seemed to make Cedric happy to see her wearing it, for some reason, so she was happy to do so.

Besides, the extra pockets were very useful.

Her cellphone was the latest model. While Cedric's was almost old enough to be a collector's item, he got the very newest for her because it made him feel better that it had what he thought were very useful features, such as gps, and social network accessibility.

That last bit was just in case anything happened and the regular lines were jammed. It does happen, after all.

After fulfilling those requirements, why it was the very latest... there really wasnt anything to it other than he wanting her to have nice things.

"Ah, need to lower the volume of the radio in cases like this" -he said as he almost muted it.

'Hello, this is KCBC Radio, how can I help you?' -a male voice answered the phone, and Ellie explained that she wanted to make a question to the veterinarian that was just now arriving to the show.

The man spoke with her for a little under a minute, probably as a way to filter calls from crazy people, and then put her through.

'Hello! This is KCBC, and you are live! we are here with dr. Greenhill, what is your question?'

"Hello," -she said politely- "I was wondering, since the rollers and the elves have been here for barely over a year now, what makes your guest into an expert?"
'That's a fair question. Doctor, care to answer?'

1/?
>>
File: elf swimsuit 3.png (2 MB, 958x1284) Image search: [Google]
elf swimsuit 3.png
2 MB, 958x1284
>>44024709

'Well, I was part of the staff that helpe study them during quarantine and determined that they were healthy and were not carrying anything that could jump either to our own pets, or, well, to us. After that, I settled in town and have been working as the resident vet in the health clinic at the elven district.'
'Wait, I thought the clinic was just for the elves. So you see to their animals as well?' -asks the show host
'Yes, we care ford the whole community.' -Dr Greenhill answers, and then continues- "Of course, the elves themselves have much, much more direct experience with their animals than I do, but any farmer will still call a vet if the milk cow they have cared for during years suddenly got sick or hurt. There is a reason people go to the doctor, despite living in their own bodies all the time.' -says the vet in a kind tone
"Thank you for your time" -says Ellie
'You are welcome." -the vet says
'Well, that was a good question, let's hope our listeners have more equally interesting questions for the doc. Right now, let's go to some more music while we wait for you people to give us a call."

>Someone else calls and asks... (insert question here)
>Lets FF to work
>Other
>>
>>44024834
>>Lets FF to work
>>
File: elf swimsuit 001.png (847 KB, 705x730) Image search: [Google]
elf swimsuit 001.png
847 KB, 705x730
>>44024919
Ah, I know that we have abpit 3-4 people that read the thread from the archives, and i know that the idea was to be as relaxed as possible on the thread so i cant complain, but i wish more people enjoyed interacting.

Its not bad to know that they enjoy the story, what there is of it, but i feel i could just post it as a LN on a blog or something if that was the idea.

Anyway...

The radio show continues for a while, with the vet explaining how the rollers probably need more space than that available in the community gardens and houses, so he had recommended the elves to take them out on plenty of outdoor excursions, and it seems the elves were already planning to do so, since they were primarily a culture of hunters, and were quite interested on hunting boars in the nearby state.

As the host was asking a few more questions. Cedric stops the car at the statiion's parking lot, and both him and Ellie descend to go to work.

The sergeant greets them as usual, and they go change into their uniforms.

By the way, I wonder if Ellie would be cleared to carry a weapon already? I think so, right? and what weapon would be alright? I feel a reulation cop gun would probably be too big for her? well, over here our cops use either large revolvers or SMGs so I may be biased
>>
>>44025567
I may be wrong but I think that the Glock 19 is standard issue in most police departments

http://www.tannersgun.com/images-glock/glock-19-compact-pistol.JPG
>>
What about using a gun? you think Ellie would be using one by now? i wonder how long the training period on gun safety and such would beI couldnt
>>
>>44026464
Not part of law enforcement so I couldn't say for sure, I wouldn't think more than a month or so.
>>
File: elf jeans.png (958 KB, 632x1200) Image search: [Google]
elf jeans.png
958 KB, 632x1200
>>44026499
Ah, it should be fine, then.

After dressing up in her uniform, she checked her gun with what could be described as "the interest in the new". It was to a degree which any veteran officer would just sigh and smile and let her be.

Meeting outside of the locker rooms with Cedric, they made a bee line towards the parking lot and boarded the patrol before leaving.

'407 going out' -reported Ellie on the radio

Doubtlessly, the radio was one of her favorite things on the car. Being able to talk to people back at the station just by keeping a button down was much more comfortable than a phone, and it somehow seemed just so much more interesting, as well.
'Roger. Please head to Wells Avenue 1181. There is a report on an attempted burglary.'
"On our way"

It was a perfectly normal event. Someone had tried to break into a electronics store but the alarm had triggered and the would-be-thief ran out before they arrived.

The owner was still to arrive, but the sergeant gave her a call so she would be there soon. In its rush, the thief just grabbed whatever was close at hand before leaving.

This way, some laptops went missing, but noone was hurt.

Once the owner showed up, she turned out to be a pleasant lady in her late 30's. She gave them her info and took a look around while asking for a team to take fingerprints and the like.

"Ah, maybe in a big city, ma'am" .says Cedric politely- "But don't worry, there's advantages to small towns. For example, I may have an idea of where the thief took your things to pawn. I will take a look and should have news for you this evening. If no, then I will keep checking every day for a couple of weeks. Will your insurance cover the windows and the wielded-through metal curtain?"

They talk for a bit, and finally Cedric heads back to the patrol to use the radio as Ellie finishes talking to the woman.

1/?
>>
>>44026961

"What do you think?" -asks Ellie once they're on the go again- "Couldnt the thief try coming earlier? A guy with the tools to weld through iron bars can't be too hard to spot"
"Yes, but I think I know where the stuff will show up. Should we try to grab the guy or get the stuff back? I think its one or the other"

>I think that lady would prefer to have her things back
>I think the insurance will cover her, right? lets grab a bad guy!
>Other
>>
>>44027009
>>I think the insurance will cover her, right? lets grab a bad guy!

And after we grab him we can always get him to tell us where he sold the things
>>
File: elf dancer 004.png (1 MB, 990x1110) Image search: [Google]
elf dancer 004.png
1 MB, 990x1110
>>44027230
Well, its about time we end for this week. It was a bit slow so I hope you enjoyed it. Next week, if God wills it, we may be able to grab a bad guy and have some action, then some more cutesy life stuff.

See you next week, guys

Well, im still gonna check the thread later to see if you have any suggestions and such. Take care
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.