[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/Maimed Reality (previously Amnesiac Quest)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: amnesia.jpg (27 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
amnesia.jpg
27 KB, 600x377
Using the old picture as I haven't found a more fitting one yet.
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/fKWXnjzd

The story so far(tl;dr):You are Johnathan, a boy who suffers from amnesia.You can't remember what happened in your past. You're currently in Yamaku, a school for students who have special needs. After a disastrous first day, following around a friend of yours you get caught by a group of girls performing a magic rite, and you're now unwillingly part of it. (read the bin for more info).

============

"I heeded your call, now, tell me: are thou my Master?"

The figure standing in front of you seems to be clad with some sort of futuristic dark armor, rather adherent over the body but thicker around the collar bone, the neck, shoulders, forearms and legs. The rather peculiar armor piece covering the collar bone and the shoulders seems to host a shining gem at the center of it.

The helmet is a blend of futuristic and classic, shaped more like a motorbike helmet but still flaunting a red plume on the top of it.

By know, the legless girl is holding her knife close, watching the odd scene unfold. The silence is thick all around you, and it's suddenly interrupted by the loud laughter of the girl with pink air

"Wahaha, the Newbie has summoned Saber! We should have been quicker"

"Not yet!" The legless, strawberry blonde girl seems determined
"Saber, if he refuses your offer, I will accept it".

"Is that so?" the answer comes in the same stern and deep voice from the armored figure. "I'd rather cut my legs than serve a coward like yourself."

This must sting, as the girl's face becomes a mask of anger.

"Enough, all of you." The blonde blind girl speaks up with authority."Newcomer, please be so courteous as to accept Saber's offer. Then we'll proceed with the discussion. Technically you're infringing the rules by summoning a Servant before the rules are laid, but we'll make an exception as you could not know them."

>Accept the Oath
>Demand additional explanations first
>>
>>44019979
>>Accept the Oath
>>
>>44020741

A defiant look in your face, you say "I accept your Oath, Saber. Rise as my Servant".

The other girls look at your general direction with hostility, and for the first time you feel like you have a bargaining chip in this complicated matter.

"I think I deserve an explanation now. What is this and what are you doing?"

"Right now", says the blind girl, "we're trying to settle the rules. As usual me and the deaf girl you see over there disagree."

'Oh, she's deaf' you think. 'Not talking with her was probably a good idea then. It also explains why the pink-haired girl talks in her place'

"You see, I try to always be moderate in my proposals, my wisdom always falls on deaf ears", she says with a mean half-smile.

The whole time, the pink-haired girl is signaling back and forth, probably translating for the deaf girl.

"Shicchan says that she's just proposing what's best for everyone, but you fail to see that. Whahaha Shicchan, that was funny!"

Clearly those two hate each other's guts. You presume that the topic of the conversation is the same as the last time.

"So, newbie: Shicchan wants to know what you think", screams the bubbly girl. "Don't you think everybody should contribute to the safety of the students?"

"Or do you think those not involved should not be dragged in against their will?", interjects the blind girl.

>Support the deaf girl
>Support the blind girl

(Check the pastebin for more informations)
>>
>>44021492
>>Support the blind girl
"You girls are fucking nuts, you know that? I just wanted to go to school and ever since I got here I've been being bothered by some nut job screaming about feminist agendas and what not, the fucking kicker was that he was right."

We need to go get a chocolate bar and calm down op.
>>
>>44022091
truly my friend

"You guys are nuts. Nobody knows anything about this rite and you want to involve them on the grounds that it's for their own safety? Screw that! It's your responsibility because you wield the power. I do sincerely hope the deaf girl here holds no responsibility whatsoever in the school or I'd have to assume this is in fact a gulag."

The blind girl laughs with gusto at your exclamation, while the pink-haired girl signals with a frown. The deaf girl's eyes are blistering with rage.
"For Pete's sake, Kenji, you were right all along. And that's the saddest thing I will probably say in my whole life. No offense man but I thought you were nuts. You were right all along."

"Thanks man", he says with a smile. Then his face turns into a frown "But you still stole my servant. How am I going to battle the feminists now?"

"Oh don't you worry, I am going to give them hell."

An armless girl takes the word.
"Maybe it's time to summon our own servants and then set the Reality Marble. I want to paint later". All the girls nod approvingly.

"I suggest you take your leave, newbie", says the strawberry blone legless girl. "You are not welcome here"

>Demand to stay on the ground that they know your servant
>Take your leave
>>
>>44022385
>>Take your leave
"Sure thing." I wanted to call her stumpy, I really did.

Think it's just you and me OP.
>>
>>44022540
For now.
Last days I had even three people playing at once. I am not sure who you wanna call stumpy otherwise I would have let the main character say that

"You don't need to say that twice." You make a gesture with your hand to Saber and to Kenji, as to invite them to follow you.

"B-but wait", stutters Kenji. "Aren't we gonna see who they summon?"
"How is that going to help me? I have no idea how this whole business works to begin with!"
"Well, in that case, come to my room: I think I have the information you need".
"Sure thing, but how are we gonna hide Saber?"
"That won't be necessary", you hear your Servant say. "I can just camouflage". You watch as every bit of his armor turns invisible.
"With some luck, we won't need much else"
----fast-forward in time---
Kenji's room is a mess. It looks like a small fortress in its own right, with 10 different custom locks and additional food supplies.
A magical circle of sort is drawn on the floor with a strange material.

"Oh man it took me centuries to gather all of Hisao's blood to use as summoning material. All that job in vain". You have to fight back the urge to puke.

"Anyway, let's see. Ah, here it is" he says, giving a book to you. "Holy Grail War. 7 Masters and 7 servants, all competing for this wish-granting machine. Looks like you've got the strongest one, too!"
The book indeed does mention a sort of hierarchy among Servants, and you smile at your good luck.
"Man, John, you're the last hope of all men in the universe. You must use your power to destroy feminism!" You nod pensively, while you ponder about what you want to ask to the Grail.

A couple of hours later, you head to your room to sleep.Your dream is uncomfortable, almost a nightmare. You feel intoxicated, then, you feel like you're falling. And when you hit the ground, as it always happens, somebody's knocking on the door. It can't be later than 7 am outside.

>Open the door
>Do not open the door.
>>
>>44022845
>>Open the door
>>
>>44022954

You get up and walk to the door, still tired from yesterday and guided more from by your good manners than from your will.

You raise the your gaze to see the deaf girl and her loud companion. Instinctively you jump back and try to locate Saber.

This causes the pink-haired girl to burst with laugher. Apparently she finds everything hilarious.

"What do you want from me? Get away!", you say in anger.

"Wahahah, relax, relax calm down ok? We just want to talk about an alliance. Shicchan says that you will find our offer reasonable and that if you accept we will explain everything you need to know".

"Doesn't sound like an alliance offer to me. In fact, it sounds like blackmailing. I never wanted to partecipate in your lousy war and... uh..."
You take a pause, as you get more and more confused by the gestures the pink girl is making . Then you remember she's probably just signaling back and forth.
Her smile is as wide as her face. "Hey new guy, if you don't want to attend the war, just give your dorm mate the command seals, and you're free!"

"Command seals?"
She nods. "Yes, those signs on your hand are command seals. You have three of them, and when you use them, your servant must obey you." she laughs out loud again.

"Well, I... No, I am not going to give up. I am going to fight and best the rest of you!"
"Ok! Ok! Such a fighting spirit, newbie! Ahah, Shicchan says she likes that, says you have the spirit of a warrior inside you! So, can we talk about an alliance now? We have very powerful servants, ahaha. You will see. Just join us and we will win for sure OK? OK! It's settled then!"

>No it's not settled! I didn't say anything!
>Very well, come on in
>>
>>44023323
>>No it's not settled! I didn't say anything!
Invite them in anyway, we need to know more
>>
>>44023323
>No it's not settled! I didn't say anything!
>I barely have enough information to make a blind decision! I don't even know what we're even fighting to win! Can you even split it three ways?
I regret I won't be able to stay for the whole run this time round, OP.
>>
>>44023471

"It's not settled, I didn't say anything!" The girl looks visibly disappointed. "No?"

You take a deep breath. "Come on in anyway, no point in standing there idly. Let's talk."
Both girls smile, they take a few steps in and you close the door as soon as they're in. You are in pajama, but the thing doesn't bother you. You have other problems to care about.

"So, why do you propose we should have an alliance?", you ask. "Wait, what's your name to begin with?"

The pink haired girl laughs loudly. Again.
"I am Misha, and she's Shizune. But I call her Schicchan. And what's your name?"
"Johnathan. But you can call me John."
"Very well John, nice to meet you! Wahaha!"

The silence falls in the room, as the conversation stalls. But then Shizune, the deaf girl, starts signaling at an high speed.
"Ok ok Shicchan, now I will ask him. John, what do you know about the Grail War?"
"Well... there are seven servants and seven masters and uhhh, mine is the strongest isn't it?"
"Wahahahah, yes yes, very well informed, very well done, Shicchan says you did well and informed yourself! That's what a wise fighter does".
The compliments sound as insincere as they can get. "But that's not all John! Other Servants can be powerful too. There are 3 Knight class servants, and 4 Cavalry class servants."
Shizune adjusts her glasses in triumph, then keeps moving her hands about. "And we do have another Knight Class servant! So if we join forces we will win for sure! Whahah!"

Something seems fishy about all of this.

>Ask them about their Grail wish
>Ask them why they want an alliance.
>>
>>44023751
>>Ask them about their Grail wish
>>
>>44023751
>Ask them about their Grail wish
>>
>>44023833
>>44023837

"Wait wait, hold on your horses. Why are we fighting for, again?"
Shizune looks dissappointed, takes a deep breath and starts signaling again.
"John, we thought you knew about this! We fight for the Holy Grail. It has a power to grant a wish to everyone who drinks from it. The other girls want the Grail too, so we have to fight! But there's no need to harm each other right? Right! We will just harm servants."
This makes you feel uncomfortable. Saber picks up on this and appreciates your concern.

"We should make an alliance John, so we could cast our wish to the Grail!"
" 'Our' wish? Your wish! You haven't told me anything about what you want! I feel like I am just gonna be a pawn in your game".

Both girls frown, and the deaf one seems on the verge of crying. You are about to apologize and say that you didn't mean it so harshly, but Misha speaks up before you can.
"Before you came here... there was a student here. Hisao Nakai, probably you've heard of him. He died mysteriously falling from the rooftop. Shizune and I want to bring him back to life. We are the Student Council and Shizune says that the student council is responsible for the wellbeing of every student, isn't that so! Yes, yes of course it is! So help us, John, you have a responsibility too!"
"No I don't! I didn't kill him and I wasn't part of this school when he died. I don't even know the guy. I don't want him dead, but don't try to pin this down on me!"

Both Shizune and Misha get up with their arms on their hips, then Shizune starts to signal furiously and Misha attempts to translate.

"John, that is very irresponsible and very selfish behavior! A poor guy of your age died and you are passing on the only opportunity to make it right! You should be ashamed of yourself, that's what Shicchan says!"

The atmosphere got quite tense, you feel like you're being blackmailed, but at the same time you feel the compelling logic behind their argument

>Give in
>Argument against them
>>
>>44024085
>I'm sorry. Was he a friend of yours?
>What do the other girls want with the Grail?
DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT
>>
>>44024085
>>Argument against them
"If I had died would you do the same for me?! NO, because you don't even know me, for all I know one of you murdered that boy and are going to do the same to me."
>>
>>44024158
>give in [sort of ]

"I am sorry. Was he your friend?"
Both girls frown again.

"Sort of. He was very lonely and we just wanted to keep him company. I think we tried to force him too hard to get into the Student Council". Shizune sighs. "And Shicchan says that maybe we're using the wrong approach with you as well. It's wrong to say it's your responsibility but we'd like your help. Just consider this, ok?"
You nod heavily. "I will. But what do the other girls want?"
The mood in the room worsens, as the girls both get upset. "They're irresponsible! Yes, yes, Shicchan is right, they just care about themselves and they refuse to listen to reason. They should take responsibility and help us! But noo, they don't care that their classmate died!" they both stop in their track and try to damage control. "Of course this doesn't apply to you, you didn't know Hicchan! He was a very nice and smart guy, this is what Shicchan says! But they did know him so they should step up! Instead they pursue their own selfish interest. How inexcusable!"
"That doesn't really answer the question, right? What do they want?"
Misha signals back and forth before answering
"Hmm, we don't really know John. We are not friends with them. In fact we dislike most of them". She pouts "we disliked them before Hicchan died too. But you're not like them, are you? You are better than that, right? Right ~~"

"are you blackmailing me again?"
Misha seems taken aback "oh no, no, take your time to think about it. But remember we have a Knight Servant! So no one holds a chance against us ok? OK! Bye John!"

They get up and leave the room. You lay back in your bed and breathe heavily. What is the right thing to do? Before you can think of an answer, you hear more knocks on the door.
"Yes,yes girls, I am coming!"

You open your door just to find the blind girl who was arguing with Shizune yesterday. She smiles slightly.

"My, my.Were you expecting us?Or did you have visits earlier?"

>Lie
>tell the truth.
>>
>>44024301
sorry anon, I tried to sorta do it in a way. At least you're not in an alliance with them (yet). Hope you don't mind too much. Also sorry for double posting, the previous post reached the characters cap.
>>
>>44024497
>>tell the truth.
>>44024518
It's all good
>>
>>44024497
>tell the truth
>"I did indeed have visits. But I'm afraid I can't say more than that. A gentleman never kisses and tells, after all. Suffice it to say that my door remains open, if you hold no ill intent."
>>
>>44024565
>>44024675

"No point in hiding that, right? But I can't say more I am afraid. After all a gentleman never kisses and tells. Suffice it to say that my door remains open, if you hold no ill intent."

The girl's smile doesn't fade from her face.
"And you are a true gentleman, aren't you?" She giggles softly. "So might we come in?"
You instantly notice the burned girl standing behind her.
"Sure", you say with a nod.

They take a step in and close the door.
"It doesn't take a genius to wonder who might have come to offer you an alliance. Let me guess, they tried to emotionally blackmail you and then flaunted their knight-class servant."
"Ahem..." The girl starts laughing again, more audibly this time. "My, my. You really are bad at keeping secrets, right? Don't worry. Me and Hanako just go way back with them. I am Lily Satou, by the way. And you are?"
"John. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you", says Lily.
"N-nice t-t-to m-meet you, John", stutters the girl behind Lily.
"You're Hanako, right?" she nods.

"Very well, girls. I guess you're here for the same reason then. But I don't know what your wish is."
Lily takes the word. "John, bringing Hisao back to life is a commendable goal. But it is not enough. We must do more. We must take the chance to eradicate evil from this world, don't you agree?"
You find yourself nodding.
"Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do is to esiliate the Grail from this dimension. To stop the greed. This is probably how the Grail came in this universe to begin. Shizune says she has a Knight-Class servant. Well, so do we, John. But we will put no more pressure on you. You have to pick your side according to your own reason. We will take our leave now."

The girls get to the door and open it.
"Have a nice day, John"
"Y-yes, h-have a nice day"

The door closes again and you're left to your own thoughts. Maybe you should ask someone else's opinion too.

>Ask your Servant
>Ask Kenji.
>>
>>44024970
fugg Lily's speech is messed up. Let me rewrite it.

>"To stop the greed. This is probably how the Grail came to this universe to begin with: casted out from its original home. And now all it does is fueling the darkest ambitions in the hearts of men. I will be very surprised if no student dies during this war."
>>
>>44024970
>Ask your Servant
>Also ask your Servant who the heck he is anyway
>>
>>44024970
>>Ask your Servant
>>
>>44025102
>>44025254

"Oi, Saber, where are you?"
The familiar silhouette materializes on your bed.
"Just here, listening. How's life?"
"How is life? How is life? Pretty shitty right now I'd say. Plus I don't get this whole thing about Servants. Why does Shizune think it's moral to let you kill each other? That makes no sense"
Saber laughs hearitly
"Because we are not alive. We were, but we're not anymore".
"Clearest answer ever in my life.". The sad thing is that this isn't even an hyperbole. "So, how are you standing right here, right in front of me?"
"The power of the Grail compels us, of course. We come from the Throne of Heroes to fight for our Masters, whoever they might be. There are seven of us. The strongest class is Saber, then there's Lancer and Archer, and those three make up the Knight Classes. Assassin, Caster, Rider and Berserker make up the Cavalry classes. They're the small fishes, but not to be underestimated in any circumstance."
You should have probably asked him these things much earlier, you think.
"So if each one of you is a hero from the past, then, who are you?"
Another heartily laugh. "Let me give you a tip, boy. Next time you try to summon a servant, follow the rite precisely. This hole summoning was a rather messy and imprecise affair, you can't expect me to have my memory intact after that. But that's ok. My memory is broken, but you're still in one piece".
"Me and you both, Saber"
"Pardon?"
"I mean, both our memories are broken. I can't remember anything from my life before the hospital. I am an amnesiac too." sorrow overtakes you. "the only thing I remember is a girl making me promise not to forget her. Saber, what should we do? What is wise?"

Saber shrugs. "We can take them all single-handedly. I see no point in an alliance but I will go through with it for you. You're my Master after all. But I'd slash that legless cunt if I could freely elect my priorities"

>help shizune
>help Lily
>Help no one and go after the legless girl
>>
>>44025484
>Go talk to Kenji about this
Nothing to say we need to choose or act right now.
>>
>>44025572
sorry for not including the option, but I try to adapt to what most of you say

You get up and and head for the bathroom. You decide to change into the school uniform and meet Kenji. Maybe he has some hindsight to give.

You knock on the door, and you hear 10 different locks opening. The door bursts open and Kenji screams "Who is there?"

"Kenji, you should really consider asking that question before you open the door. You know, just for your own safety."
"Oh it's you man, nice to see you. Come on in. Did you want to talk with me?"
"Yes, you see , girls have come to my room..."
"WHAT?" he screams in anger and disbelief as he jumps backwards "And you have opened your door to them? Are you insane? You're a dead man John, you're dead. Why would you do that?"
"Well, they told me it's a war, and I can't win a war without allies, can I?"
Kenji seems to ponder your statement. "You are probably right. Much as I dislike it, the feminists have the upper hand in this. Maybe you could pretend to accept their alliance, if they proposed one to you, in order to stab them in the back!", he exclaims with a smile. "But they're cunning foxes. All of them. With a servant like Saber you could probably take on them all alone."
"That's what I am talking about", comments Saber.
"In fact, John, do whatever you please, as long as you don't bring girls in your room or in this dorm anymore. And now get out, I have important stuff to do".

He pushes out of his room and straight into the corridor. You look at Saber and you have the feeling that, behind his helmet, he's staring at you too.

>[suggestions welcome]
>>
>>44025779
It's just you and me then, hope you don't mind I don't ave a wish.
>>
>>44026052
I don't, I am just wondering what do you think should be done next.
>>
>>44026070
>>44026070
Forgot the quotation marks friendo meant that for going solo with our servant, being on a laptop makes me lazy
>>
>>44025779
>Go find out more about Hisao, as discreetly as possible
Something doesn't add up here.

All evidence seems to point to Hisao being the recently deceased student - except for Kenji's comment of 'it took me centuries to gather all of Hisao's blood to use as summoning material'.

Something else is going on here that we don't know about.
>>
>>44026344
>>44026344
I think one of the girls murdered him, personally.
>>
>>44026324
Alright, get it.

"So Master, what do we do?"
"I believe it's for the best if we handle this on our own. But I think it's crucial we communicate our decision to the other Masters too."
A muffled grin is audible from Saber's helmet.
"Very well. What is your wish, Master?"
"That's what we're going to find out."

You head for the class, with Saber covering your back. You are there almost late and now you can feel the eyes of Misha, Shizune and Hanako all on you, eagerly waiting for a reply.
As soon as the lunch bell sounds, you get up, but you feel somebody holding your sleeve.
You look down to see Hanako.
"J-John, Lily w-would like t-to know if you would like to h-have tea w-with us"
You smile and answer. "Of course."

You follow the girl through corridors until you reach a small room in which Lily is drinking tea.
She turns in the direction of the door, and says "Welcome John. Care for some tea?"
"Well, yeah, that was the idea."
You are handed a cup and hot water is poured from the boiler. You select some French Vanilla scented teabag and put it in.
"H-how fun, John. T-that's Lily's favorite."
"Well, she has good taste then", you reply.
Lily's laughter is composed and polite. "My, my John. You're a flatterer. If I might enquire, have you reached a conclusion about our offer?"

You nod, before realizing the futility of your gesture. "Yes, we have. We think it's for the best if we just stay on our own, without harming no master. You girls included."

(1/2)
>>
>>44026645

(2/2)
The feeble smile on Lily's lip dies. "So be it then."

You finish your tea in a sip, thanking both girls for their hospitality. "And now, if you don't mind, I have a certain limbless cunt to take care of."
"What about Shizune?" Lily's question comes out of nowhere, when you're almost through the door. You can't help but smile, even though you know she can't see you doing so.
"Don't worry, we delivered her our answer too".

On a cafeteria table, a deaf girl and her interpreter are looking at a piece of paper.
They're signaling back and forth with each other, with a look of disbelief on their face.
The paper reads as following
"To the esteemed representatives of the Student Council:
Nuts.
-Jonh"
=========

End of part 3.

>>44026344
Sorry dude, you were late to the party. I promise we will find out more about them.
And anyway I guess kenji was just exaggerating when he said it took him centuries. Surely he didn't mean it literally, he just meant it was painstaking gathering all the material.
>>
>>44026689
Good thread op, I had fun.
>>
>>44027023
I hope to see you again tomorrow then.
You and whoever else played.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.