[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 21
File: IMG_1347.jpg (83 KB, 527x705) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1347.jpg
83 KB, 527x705
Warmachine/Hordes general

Game deader than banes in competitive setting.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>44019812
>Game deader than banes in competitive setting.

So... not at all?
>>
>>44019812
Is that gaspy cosplay?
>>
File: goreshade the bastard.jpg (216 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
goreshade the bastard.jpg
216 KB, 800x1066
>>44020206
Just reminded me of this
>>
File: IMG_1348[1].jpg (139 KB, 945x706) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1348[1].jpg
139 KB, 945x706
>>44020258
seems that it is.
>>
>>44020258
http://privateerpressforums.com/archive/index.php/t-180849.html
>>
>>44020482
>>44020508
Idk why but this embarrasses me
>>
Would a Warcaster/Priest mix be good for the "party leader" character? Or should I do something like Warcaster/Aristocrat or Officer?
>>
File: 1449029999137.jpg (163 KB, 599x657) Image search: [Google]
1449029999137.jpg
163 KB, 599x657
>>44020508
>>
>>44021585
I dont see why not. Its all about how you play it
>>
File: IMG_0308.jpg (718 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0308.jpg
718 KB, 4032x3024
Current wip of my Maximus, Pretty pleased with how it's coming on so far. I'm not 100% happy with the skin any idea on how to improve it?
>>
File: 20151205_132615.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151205_132615.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
What's everyone else painting?
>>
File: horgel_wip.png (1 MB, 1470x502) Image search: [Google]
horgel_wip.png
1 MB, 1470x502
>>44023655
Trollbloods and stuff. After years, I have finally found a color scheme I like.
>>
>>44023655
so we have mountain king and glacier king

cant wait for Volcano King, Marsh King, Thunder King, Cave King....

maaaaaybe Dire King thats basically a giant Mauler
>>
>>44023850
>Volcano King
I can see that.
>Thunder King
Wouldn't Stormcrag King be better?
>>
Is Harbinger the only good Menoth caster?
>>
>>44024560
No theres...kreoss? Feora
>>
>>44024560
Feora, Kreoss, Sevy, Durst...

There's like, 2 (3?) 'bad' Menoth casters >>44024560
>>
Live damn it!

Lets wishlist a little.

10 man magical unit for cryx
Bloodgorger caster
Bloodgorger UA
More fluff with denny and gaspy
>>
Finally, all the memes and shit posts I started have killed wmhg.

Glorious, just glorious
>>
File: 1448058033740.jpg (20 KB, 480x390) Image search: [Google]
1448058033740.jpg
20 KB, 480x390
>>44027835
>>
>>44027835
I think it's more about everyone being out and about actually playing the game instead of staying home and bitching about stupid rules and overpriced boxes/blisters.
>>
>>44024560
Durst is an amazing caster.

I just play him with Hand of Judgement, Reckoners*2, and Repenters*5. 2 vassals and2 choirs is plenty support, and he doesn't die immediately to MHSF or other ghost-shot or Magic Attack assassinations that tag other protectorate casters easily.

Durst is great.
>>
>>44027149
Skorne Chymist UA for slingers, grants eyeless sight, costs 1pt. Finally a way to protect against bile thralls properly, and I only have to trade 7 pts for 5.
>>
>>44028113
It's dead anon, deal with it go play a better game
>>
>>44027149
more cyriss stuff

HEYOOOOOO
>>
>>44029273
Cool story bro. /b/ is just a click away if you feel the need to continue being a faggot.
>>
>>44027149
More stories about Denny being a slutty seductress
>>
>>44024560
What shit players are you playing that you feel that Harbinger is the only Menoth Caster who has game? Most Menoth Casters are pretty good, with the only Casters coming to mind as being bad are Amon and Thyra, and I still fucking hate playing into Thyra. Serverius, Feora, Kreoss, High Reclaimer are all pretty damn solid.
>>
>>44030983
Can she seduce asphyxious?
>>
>>44031005
>What shit players are you playing that you feel that Harbinger is the only Menoth Caster who has game?

she's damn good but goddammit Severious is great.

menoth's eye + battle = +3 to hit and damage with jacks? YES PLEASE!!!
(and +1 for infantry)

ashes to ashes (what infantry spam??)
>>
>>44031917
dont forget his special arc node blessing of vengeance !
>>
>>44032151
also that beautifull feat.. HAHAH FUCK YOU AND YOUR FOCUS ASSHOLE
>>
so have any of the warmahorde gods actually came together and talk with another?

or are they too busy telling their followers to kill everyone not them
>>
>>44032354
i think there has been some talk between Convergence and Cygnar (Haley 3 book, Convergence offers her and previously offrered Nemo transferrance into a clockwork body with no debt of any kind) Convergence considered them too important to the world to allow them to die in battle/natural causes or disease.
>>
>>44028119
Lol. Sure. Everyone is playing all the time. You are right. The game is healthy and accruing tons of new players.
>>
File: now you have fucked up.jpg (36 KB, 621x569) Image search: [Google]
now you have fucked up.jpg
36 KB, 621x569
>>44033046
>>
>>44033046

Actual non-shitpost opinion is as follows.

I think TG is just losing its love for this game as a whole.

There are plenty of other games that can offer a similar experience to Warmachine without the setup and memorization.

I've taken up Armada and X Wing and I dare say I'm enjoying it far more than I am WMH, but that's because I have been playing for years and years and WMH has gotten stale.

The only ones still hyped to play it are the few newbloods. The only reason I show up on WMH days are to make sure they have an opponent, but they have started to catch onto the meta as I am starting to drift away, so its only driving my interest further and further away.
>>
>>44033165
Similar for me as well. The game feels very "solved" currently and I just don't feel like I can afford to play this in casual manner. If I take it casually, I'm gonna get fucked because the game is too plagued with skews that demand specific matchups.

The game lacks pieces to punish skews and it's just gotten stale.

PP really needs to make a MK 3 to revitalize interest or this game will die in about 3 years max.

I've been playing Guild Ball and it's basically brought the wonderment of early WM back in me where play seems to matter more than matchups and it's more about what I'm doing rather than what I'm taking.
>>
>>44033072
Haha yep. I am grossly exaggerating my assessment, but this is still 4chan. So it's to be expected.

Fuuuuu.... Screwed up the formatting on my spoiler opinion. Whatever. I still like the game, just that its getting harder and harder to stand by it as time goes on.
>>
>>44033165
I've been playing for a little over a year and I just don't care anymore.

The game is very unfriendly to new players, so my local meta isn't growing at all. All while the resident WAAC-fag slowly makes people not want to even bring their models to the store for games.

I've shifted to X-wing, I've been playing that for about 6 months and it's more fun for me. Competitive is still competitive, but you can meet people on a Friday night at the FLGS and everyone plays what they think is cool and fun and has a good time.
>>
>>44035047
Just to add on. I still enjoy the game and hope things get better. Either through models that break up the current super stale meta or a fabled mk 2.5/3.
>>
I don't think things are as "solved" as people think. For example, EE was out for quite a while before it was taken seriously, wich has only happened within the last year. Builds like 'skarre's dirty thirty' are also relativly new.

Besides, the only meta that matters is your local one (for the majority of players).

You can also always ask to play against a certian warnoun ect.
>>
File: 0019.jpg (32 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
0019.jpg
32 KB, 600x300
>>44035047
Expecting fun games with random fag's at a store instead of just playing with people your actually friends with. Why you do dis?

I get having a change of pace, or wanting a bit of competition every now and then, but if I'm going to waste a few hours I'd rather do it with my buddies then random neckbeards.
>>
File: papyrus.png (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
papyrus.png
10 KB, 500x500
>>44035239
>Not making friends during /tg/ time

???

Are you just a robot who goes beep boop and takes your turn silently aside from saying what you're doing?
>>
>>44035239
Because I live in a relatively rural area. I drive 50 miles to the closest game store (which is in my state's biggest "city" of 175k)

Nerdy hobbies are difficult in a sparsely populated, mostly redneck area.

Also, how the fuck do you meet new people you share interests with? Personally, I go to my FLGS and make some fucking friends.
>>
>>44035323
> I go to my FLGS and make some fucking friends.

Yea I get that, but then you obviously have a group of "buddies" to rely on for good gaming rather then having your hobby rely on "random neckbeards/WAAC-fag's" you find at the lGS, like OP mentioned. If they've been playing regularly and now are still relying on WAAC-fag's for games, then they obviously don't have a half decent gaming group.

I mean it sucks if your in a rural area like that, but I'd rather call up people to set up a game rather then drive 50 miles and hope that the next few hours aren't spent with a knuckle munching fuckwit. If it comes down to that, then I'll just drop the gaming aspect, because fuck it, I have more important shit to do with my time.

I mean I love the game, but I'm not going to waste my time with anal retentive ass wipes just to play, not when I can just call up actual friends who want to shoot the shit and push mini's around the table for a few hours.
>>
>>44035239
>Why you do dis?
>that image

Back to Reddit.
>>
>>44035636
Well, that's just it, I have my handful of friends that play Warmahordes. All of us refuse to play with the WAAC-fag, but that doesn't mean he won't still poison the well for other players and cause them to leave.

The local meta is dead due to the high barrier of entry to the game. Outside my friends there are only 2 people locally that play Warmahordes. And while I like my friends, playing against the same 2-3 people all the time gets stale.

For X-wing there's a solid group of players, we make a post if we're going to show up on the FLGS's facebook page and usually 6-8 guys show up to play. (I know, facebook, but the group function is good for shotgunning information to everyone)

Also, keep in mind not all of us are children. There comes a stage where many of the friends have wives or adult responsibilities to keep in mind. We can't all meet every weekend. Hell, once a month gets difficult.
>>
File: oldpaintjob.jpg (1 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
oldpaintjob.jpg
1 MB, 2368x3200
So I've got a two player (Menoth vs Khador) set of figures lying around still and decided I'm gonna try and sell 'em. Only thing is, most of the Menoth are partially painted (primer, primary color, some gluing), and several figures are missing pieces.

Two Exemplar Incinerators are missing heads.
Kreoss is heavily damaged.
Sorscha is missing an arm.

All of the Khador figures are unopened (minus Sorscha), and I also have a Reznik in perfect condition (unpainted/unprimed as well), along with a 2010 Menoth Faction Deck (which I imagine is obsolete).

Would $40 be a fair asking place, all things included? It seems like the two player box averages at around $60, so half that plus ten for Reznik.
>>
>>44033165
>I think TG is just losing it
Could have stopped here.
>>
>>44035047
>The game is very unfriendly to new players
Your meta must be shit. Our local WMH community is growing so fast, it has me wondering if it might even be too fast.
>>
>>44036102

New people begets new people. It stabilizes rather quickly and suddenly once the ice water comes crashing down.

I've seen this plenty of times. People dig it until they realize how many gotchas there are in the game. Then the herd thins.

Also it seems like the wider trend is that more metas are shrinking rather than growing, but I'm sure you knew that.

While I am happy for you and your meta, the thing you and your group will need to keep in mind is that you have to keep your group interested and growing. The best publicity for the game is actually playing it.

Just stay positive and jovial! The thing that kills most metas is pessimism and hopelessness resulting from a very brutal game. Give warning to any nasty tricks that may arise in play and the gotcha sting is lessened. This usually helps contain the drop,bit is not guaranteed.
>>
>>44036338
>more metas are shrinking rather than growing
Maybe in the US, but in Europe it's quite the opposite.
>>
File: n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg (104 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg
104 KB, 500x489
>>44036952

Good for yurop. Still keep in mind the rest of the post. These things inflate and then crash, its an ebb and flow because this game isn't for everyone. It's natural.

Also a question to keep the thread alive:

Why does the Midwest love Traditional Gaming so much?
>>
>>44040062
Because if it ain't sports, it's this. Midwest really doesn't have much to do if you aren't an outdoorsman
>>
>>44040807
Hey, small midwest towns love getting drunk.

It's all we can really do in the winter. Not enough of a population to support healthy tg activities and when it's below 0 outside isn't exactly fun.
>>
Newb question : where can I find all the cards and rules ?
I'm starting an Orboros army and I don't want to go in blind.
>>
>>44041724
Just get WHAC. It's on the play store and the card data can be found by using a search engine of your preference.
>>
>>44041724
Go to OP's link if you want the rules.
>>
>>44041724
and the rulebook is available for free on PP's website.

Also check the OP, everything you'll need is there.
>>
How is this liest?
New to reclaimer

The High Reclaimer (*6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Exemplar Bastions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Temple Flameguard (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard (2pts)
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (3pts)
* Repenter (4pts)
Initiate Tristan Durant (3pts)
* Redeemer (6pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
>>
>>44042832
Too many jacks and I don't think durant even belongs here. Just go double reckoner and call it a day. For line infantry, you likely want idrians over tfg.
>>
Anyone have any good games lately or have an event coming up?

I'm excited to take scaverous out for a spin tomorrow
>>
>>44044555
Our lgs has a Who's the Boss tournament this saturday. Looking forward to it, even if I'm not sure what all to bring.
>>
>>44045216
What faction do you play?
>>
>>44045426
CoC. Got the battlebox, corollary, diffuser, one mag'd walker and two floaters, a PA (that I'm not keen to play at 35), 1 unit of reciprocators and reductors, and 2 of the optifexes and the solos, except for the foundry (sadly)
>>
I just got an old cryx battegroup from a friend who doesn't play anymore, haven't picked up the rulebook yet and only know about the setting through Iron kingdoms.

What do cryx do besides be undead cyborgs?
>>
>>44045650
Oh have fun with vectors with actually good MAT/RAT.
>>
>>44033300
Is this some new avant-garde kind of shit posting? Like shit posting but admitting your shit posting and also being a tard and fucking up your admission of shit post?

It has layers like an onion
>>
File: All_that_s_left.jpg (242 KB, 1124x469) Image search: [Google]
All_that_s_left.jpg
242 KB, 1124x469
>>44047294
What? As in terms of sarcasm tags?

Phone formatting for spoiler text isn't exactly a straightforward process. Since it removes the newlines from the tags after its posted, but previews normally.

Won't happen again officer!
>>
is it worth buying Undercity for the miniatures?

I wonder if they would make a boardgame focus on non caster/jack (lock/beast too) battle.

like you get 10 trenchers and 10 commandos vs 20 winterguard or something
>>
>>44045663
Cryx has the primeire jamming unit, Satyxis Raiders which are living ladies, Banes which are undead sans robutt parts, the best infantry clearer's bile thralls

Cryx does everything just about. All our casters are verying shades of great and we melt armour on the reg.
>>
File: 1381093079400.png (4 MB, 1131x1584) Image search: [Google]
1381093079400.png
4 MB, 1131x1584
Noobtraped Khador here.
I got some plastic fatjack and want to play 25 point with proxy and minimum of models. Should I go for:
-Karchev, Beast09, Rager/or Berzerker x2, wardog & doomies.
-Butcher3, Berzerker x2, Rager x2, wardowgs tier fest x5.

Is it possible to have fun with one of those or will It just result of molestation all games?
>>
File: P1070249.jpg (955 KB, 1844x1383) Image search: [Google]
P1070249.jpg
955 KB, 1844x1383
I might be addicted to elves.

And to pre-empt some inevitable questions/criticisms:
>There is no LGS for over 100 miles, so base arcs weren't one of my top priorities. On the to do list
>The red isn't nearly as flat as it might appear in the pic. It's actually a blood red gloss over Sanguine Highlight, which gives their plate armor considerable vibrancy.
>Basing: I'm working on it. These 100-some elves are just one of my basing projects
>I got that 50 man block of assorted Houseguard was bought at 50% off. I do not regret it.
>This is only the beginning.
>>
>>44048281
Neat, I'm making an assumption that jamming is related to fucking with warjacks
>>
>>44049626
>jamming is related to fucking with warjacks

No. Jamming involves fucking up your enemy's ability to advance.

Satyxis are quick and have AD so they can get in your opponent's face fast and it's pretty hard to stop them from getting in your face due to their high DEF against shooting and immunity to blasts making it hard to take them out on the approach. They've also got Reach so they can tie up lots of stuff in melee.
>>
>>44047785
No it's not. It's just shit plastic sculpts of kitbashes.

>>44048292
your formatting is terrible
please use enters and pts.

Karchev will get you raped
Butcher 3, you will rape, but know that busting out a caster that can single handedly kill 35pts of enemy army in a turn in a 25pt game will ensure that all kid glove will come off.
>>
>>44049626
Of all the models on the game, Jacks tend to be the easiest to jam.

Their "Bitch get out the way" trample power attack needs a valid landing zone and is vulnerable to free strikes by anything that hits hard.

So in a way, you are kinda right. Kinda.
>>
>>44050100
>>44049626
Mokay
>>
>>44033279

Same. I've packed away my Skorne and started playing Guild Ball.
>>
>>44051889
Is this you Jordan? I got your fane knight painted... until I discover more flaws.
>>
>>44051928
White people named Jordan? Sure is I dunno in here!

I wish people around me played Guild Ball. I played a bit at WMW and was kinda dismayed to find no one played it back home.
>>
File: MeltingSlowly.jpg (39 KB, 599x403) Image search: [Google]
MeltingSlowly.jpg
39 KB, 599x403
>>44049152
I mistook the gloss for overly thick paint

>Flashbacks to my first paintjob on Menites
>Meltmarines, meltmarines everywhurr
>>
challenge: name a model that is more efficient against high-arm infantry than pressgangers with hawk standing near them
>>
>>44053217
Corrosive
>>
>>44053217
Bane thralls
>>
>>44052909
You should promote it.

A local here convinced few people and the game basically took off with word of mouth
>>
>>44044555

my meta is currently doing a JML with a 35 point tournament at the end of it. I need to buy so many chess clocks...

new PG problems
>>
>>44045650

definitely don't take the PA in who's the boss. He's good but too cost heavy. I'd take a cipher, monitor, corollary, and difuser. That should give you a good foundation. the rest is fill to taste
>>
>>44053705
press gangers are faster, have advance deploy, and tough.
>>
>>44053217
TEP
>>
>>44052909
Guild Ball seems to sell itself. It took off at my store almost effortlessly, and contrary to my expectations the ones who took to it easiest were random schmucks who have never played a miniatures game for real.

Just say "Murder-soccer" when describing it and yell GOOOOOAAAAAAAAAL a lot.
>>
>>44054269
Banes are in Cryx. End of discussion.
>>
>>44053217

warspears + UA with draconic blessing
>>
>>44054383
And the BB Blight Field.
>>
>>44054383
>>44054413
Talkin efficiency here, not straight effectiveness. Adding in an 18 point model (BB is 18 right?) into the equation certainly hurts your efficiency score
>>
>>44054437
>>44054302
>>
>>44054413

the BB blight field can be pretty large but I dislike relying on it. I like using the warspears as skirmishers with their 19 inch pow 15 ranged before going in for the assault.

and like >>44054437 said, we're talking efficiency warspears+ UA are already 10 points but at least in my opinion, their effectiveness makes up for it.
>>
>>44054269
...banes have stealth, tough, fearless and are ostensibly pow 13 weapon masters and they benefit from curse

Also >>44054342
>>
>>44054499
don't forget that banes are mat 8 while pressgangers are literally mat 5
>>
pls rate

Faction: Thagrosh - Army of Annihilation
Casters: 1/1
Tiers: 2
Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
* Blightbringer(18pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
Spawning Vessel (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Warmonger War Chief (0pts)

thinking about breaking tier and replacing the second vessel with a shepherd and a succubus

thoughts?
>>
>>44057464
>shepherd
For 2 beasts? Nah.
>succubus
You've already got a free animus. Breaking tier for a free upkeep? I don't know.
>>
>>44057533

I'd like two free spiny growths every turn, between hot swapping draconic blessing, making sure both beasts are arm 22-23, and upkeeping fow, even 7 fury gets stretched a little thin.

I might use a feralgeist instead of a shepherd just so I can drop the +str and arm template wherever I want
>>
I think this is a better use of the BB

Kallus, Wrath of Everblight (*5pts)
* Blightbringer (18pts)
Blighted Nyss Legionnaires (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Captain Farilor & Standard (3pts)
Feralgeist (1pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)

I'm thinking armor cracking with attrition as a back up

I shouldn't need a succubus as you rarely deed to hotswap ignite and cast dark guidance. I could swap out the deathstalkers and the feralgeist for bfs but that might be overkill
>>
>>44054584
Banes are mat 6. Press Gangers are mat 5 with gang and don't need a solo in order to hit stuff
>>
>>44019812
Sir Daniel Fortesque? Is that you?
>>
>>44057630
Shepherd isn't a terrible decision, I'd keep it if you drop the succubus to stay in tier. Healing and the extra forcing bubble is handy.

Though I do see the comedy in making your opponent kill Blightbringer 3 times.
>>
File: 1449077667518.jpg (127 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1449077667518.jpg
127 KB, 500x351
Is Warmachine done forever then?
>>
>>44059178
Most cryx casters have some form of a mat fixer
>>
>>44061702
OK, but we're not talking about casters, we're talking about Banes. Who are mat 6 and terrible
>>
>>44053217
Deathstalker
>>
>>44059178
Plus in your scenario you included hawk, according to you, a solo they need to be effective.

Bane thralls are just as potent without The Sauce. Especially since things with high arm (warders) don't typically have stellar defense
>>
>>44061422

Just on TG. The initial promise many years ago of "Your list doesn't matter" is long dead.
>>
File: received_966870762480.jpg (37 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
received_966870762480.jpg
37 KB, 640x640
>>44061928
I have to add that that level of bullshit was from WMH Evangelicals at the time where they were fueled by extreme rage from GW Codex Creep and WH Fantasy Edition changes.

Once things calmed down, that lie no longer got told anymore.
>>
>>44061928
>The initial promise many years ago of "Your list doesn't matter" is long dead.
That's never been a promise. Decent list building has always been a required skill. You've never been able to just toss random crap on the table.
>>
Does any one have expirence running p grissel without jannisa? I want to run her as my cryx drop and I think just using her fell calls and only getting calamity out on her feat turn is enough, but I am not confident.
>>
File: 1449001865772.jpg (93 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1449001865772.jpg
93 KB, 519x600
>>44062400
>Not EE/Runes
>>
>>44062400
Janissa is not necessary with her. Just build it so that you aren't over dependent on her calls.
>>
>>44062400
Why not Grim, Gunnbjorn or Jarl?
>>
File: 20151208_232614.jpg (854 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151208_232614.jpg
854 KB, 2048x1152
At 28/50 pts atm for the first cyriss list. I got rid of eradicators cuz... syntherion. Currently sitting on:
Syntherion
Diffuser
Galvaniser
2 Mitigator
Assimilator
Cipher

Algorithm opifex
Attunement servitor

I guess I need more opifex directives and another heavy jack.

What you guys think? I want to push it to tier 4 eventually
>>
>>44062820
I like the no orders part of her feat, and I really like playing Long Riders. She really turns on long riders.

>>44062736
That's what everyone expects. I have taken games off good players simply because they did not know what pGrissel does.
>>
>>44063680
>She really turns on long riders.
So does Jarl.
>>
>>44061849
press gangers, with hawk, comes to 8 points. And if you wanted you could bring another unit of 'gangers for just another 6 points and they'd be pretty much just as effective, because hawk only needs to be kind of nearby, she doesn't have any sort of targeted buff.

Banes are 8 points base. Giving them tough takes another 3. So 'gangers+hawk Stealth is fucking back-breaking to some lists but there are more and more things that don't give a shit about stealth these days.

And if stealth isn't an issue, there are enough situations where I'd rather be 13/12+tough than 12/15. I'm not saying banes won't kill shit they get into melee with, because they obviously will. But you can jam your pressgangers into a unit of warders and tarpit them with your annoyingly cheap, advance deploy, tough dudes, AND they'll be killing warders while they do it
>>
>>44063828
While I think hoof it protects the long riders better than jarl, I am intrigued enough to try it out. Could be a good home for horgal too.Also screw auto correct on names.
>>
>>44061775
Tarter Sauce and Riders have curse: +2" move and +2 to attack.
>>
>>44063828
As an avid jarl player, I dislike lr with him.Quicken is usually overkill and jarl needs muscle tthat's good after the charge. For the 16pt long rider package, I would rather have the champ boat.
>>
>>44063680
>I have taken games off good players simply because they did not know what pGrissel does.
Then those aren't very good players
>>
>>44064524
Neither of those are Bane Thralls, which are trash
>>
>>44033165
Huh, I never thought about it, but X-wing really killed my interest in my Scyrah army.
>>
>>44065470
I'm the same. I picked up X-wing and I've kind of lost interest in Warmahordes.

I've been playing X-wing for about 6 months and Warmahordes for ~2 years. So at this point I'm not sure if I like X-wing more just because it's new to me.
>>
>>44065241
dont you know the modern meta

banez are underpowered
>>
>>44065217

Not that anon... But
"Tactically sound" good players.

It's one thing to outthink someone in terms of positioning and response. It'd be another to have every warnoun memorized and anti gotcha'd

>>44065470
Yeah I recall after playing WMH for a few years the rush when I realized how many other good game systems there are out there.
>>
>>44063357
Corollary. Corollary Corollary Corollary.

Past that, I'd look at dropping one of he Mitigators. I get that you're building up, and you don't need to do it right away, but it's something to consider.

Past that, I'd consider a Monitor or an Inverter for your next heavy. Monitor gives you another gun, Inverter gives you an excellent way of ending your synergy chain.

ADOs are worth having at least two of, one to sacrifice, and one for swapping Hot Shot.
>>
maybe its me but I feel that warmahordes....

as a basic ruleset makes more sense in lower pt games like 25

but meta wise focuses too much on 50pts since Faction weaknesses are too highlighted in lower point games (and fucking gorshade 1 utterly ruins low point games). however at 50pts also gives a lot of room to skew like crazy.

maybe I'm talking out of my ass. honestly I would love the idea of playing a 100pt game for shits in giggles but that would eat up an entire day and also involve 2-3 colossals on both sides
>>
>>44065571
mat 6 literally unplayable now?
>>
>>44065241
>Hey guys! Watch me analyze units in a vacuum!
>WOW! Every model sucks!
>Warmahordes is ded, GG PP!
>>
>>44061928

I think you might be confusing WM/H with Infinity. WM/H was always unapologetically a game where lists mattered. It just ain't so to the detriment of in-game strategy.

Now Infinity is a lot more forgiving toward lists cobbled together, but even then it isn't entirely.
>>
>>44065217
It's actually really easy to get gotcha'd by pGrissel. She is not very popular. All 3 doomies, eMadrak, both grims, calandra, pBorka, and eGrissel are lists more on people's radar then pGrissel. On top of that, her feat is just wierd to play against. I have seen many players freak out when my whole army moves at the end of my turn. Also, the no orders/ no spells part ruins the flow of a turn where it can get an opponents all out of sorts. So for even against good players, they may just not have the reps you need to play against pGrissel.
>>
>>44065816

If you're playing a pickup game infinity isn't too bad. If you're playing ITS though your list is very important and has to be built along specific lines to do well.
>>
Are there any images of Menoth?
>>
>>44068411
man is an image of menoth
>>
>>44068411
Think the faceless depictions of Mohammed.

but with a shield. And a sword. And on fire!!
>>
>>44060379

shepherd isn't in tier actually

and it would be 4 times lol.
>>
>>44035047

I'm with this anon, my meta is shit.

>hey guys you wanna start that scenario league thingy coming up?
>Why? Fuck that noise no prize support

>New model release
>I get excited about putting it on the table and seeing what it can do
>everyone else mathhammers and theory crafts for days about it

I know you guys hate infinity players, but that meta is just sooooo much more fun to play with in my area.

Also starting up guild ball soon, lol
>>
>>44063357

you need a corolary, 2 more algorythmic dispersion optifex, and 2 optifex directive for tier 4 so start with that.

look into modulators, they are great for his feat and synergy helps them a lot.
>>
>>44064605
>Quicken is usually overkill
I was more thnking of TacSup.
>>
>>44070344
How dare you, I love math!

In other news: today the dream was alive. My withershadow combine ate ruin and created a seether! I was so excited! Dreams do come true
>>
>>44029339
>More Cyriss stuff
Lmao
>>
>>44058184
>Feralgeist
iirc he couldn't get inside colossals
>>
>>44070344
>I get excited about putting it on the table and seeing what it can do
>everyone else mathhammers and theory crafts for days about it

Yeah, how dare they speculate about the effectiveness of a model in a game where things have stats that tell you how good they are at doing things, thereby allowing someone with proper knowledge of the system to accurately predict how they'll do. The nerve!
>>
>>44070740
>how dare they speculate about the effectiveness of a model in a game where things have stats that tell you how good they are at doing things, thereby allowing someone with proper knowledge of the system to accurately predict how they'll do
If you assume this is true, how do your reconcile this withe all the bad models PP releases?
>>
>>44070756
What?

He said nothing about the model being good, at all.

He said people speculate on if it will be good, based on it's stats and abilities.
>>
>>44070821
>y allowing someone with proper knowledge of the system to accurately predict how they'll do
>proper knowledge
>accurately predict how they'll do
Therefore, if PP had proper knowledge, they would now if a model would do poorly in most circumstances(AKA be bad)
>>
>>44070891
A model might not be good in every situation wich is why you would want to analyse it. For example I would take both of the collossals with gaspy3, but not with eGaspy.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.