[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awoken Overlord Quest IV.V Haven't slept since friday edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2
File: 414289582.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
414289582.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1078
Hey guys, I'm back. And like the title possibly implies, I might be a bit slow today. Still, I gave you my word for a thread today and I'm going to keep it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You are Alice. The Overlord. And still not sure if you're dreaming. But even if this happened to be a dream, this is the most vivid and exciting one you ever had. Since your awakening, you have started rebuilding your once mighty empire for scratch, recruited some more, some less legendary or powerful followers, and the the moment, are trying to mine an iron vein you found.

Nila proved to be a great instructor and the goblins can mine a big amount of iron from the ground.
>Alice? There's something you might want to know...
Nila appears besides you.
>What would it be, Nila?
you ask.
>We now got all of the iron we could from the surface level. If we want to get more iron out of this, we will have to dig a mining shaft.
Good to know. You'll consider the point.
>What should we do now, Alice? We just finished loading the last mined iron to the carts.
Kislax asks.

What do you want to do?
>Dig the shaft right now. I want to continue mining right now.
>We've got enough iron for a while. We should do something with it first. (What? Trade/Smith/whatever you write in)
>Other (write in)
>>
Bump
>Summon players
>>
there?
>>
>>44018196
>>We've got enough iron for a while. We should do something with it first

extract the iron ore to pig iron first, can the goblins produce steel?
>>
>>44018196
Haven't slept since friday edition

i wished i have your dexterity to focus on work
>>
Procrastination is ruining my work
>>
Showdown countdown in 12 hours
>>
>>44018565
Groknak has a forge to make everything he can get the materials for. Including steel.
>>
is /tg a place to tell feelings?
>>
>>44018624
then smith it!
to get weapons and farming tools.
>>
>>44018625
I dunno, but if you want to, nobody will stop you, I guess. At least I won't.
>>
>>44018641
thanks a bunch, if my ramblings go overhead, just say
>>
>We will return home. We got a lot of iron to create whatever we need.
Everybody agrees and you return to the castle. Groknak inspects the iron and nods.
>That's good iron. I can make steel out of this and turn it into weapons and tools.
This sounds like the best plan, so you agree on it.
>Still, I need to know what I should be making. What are your thoughts on this, Alice?

Yeah, what are your thoughts on this?
>Let's make tools first (what kind of tools?)
>Let's make weapons first (what kind?/for whom?)
>Other (write in)
>>
just u and me and maybe some silent bystanders who should actively partake this considering the plot on how a human princess leads a bunch of goblins to glory though i wish she could be like Daenerys Targaryen
>>
>>44018693
>>Let's make weapons first (what kind?/for whom?)

ask the warriors what they want and arms the non-fighters too
>>
still thinking on how to make kraken fight on land without magical assistance
>>
>>44018694
Could you explain this a bit more in detail? Sounds interesting so far.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Kislax, what kind of weapons would you want from this iron?
you ask. Kislax immediately knows.
>See this dagger you gave to me? Perfect goblin weapon. Strong, but light. Daggers, short swords, throwing wepons maybe, things like this. No armors, though. We like it light. As well as our clubs. Wooden ones give the best results to us.
This seems like a good choice, so you order Groknak to arm the goblins first.
>Thank you, Alice, but since the avatar blessed me, I don't need weapons anymore. My claws hardened so much I can cut some kinds of stone with it.
Since Nila doesn't need weapons and her children are still too young to carry arms, you ask the Kraken, if he needs something.
>Maybe a broadsword, to hold out of the water. In case some hero comes in here and we want to mess with him.
You both share a hearty laughter.

>Roll 1d20+1 for smithing success.
First three rolls.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44018782
>>
>>44018815
shit
>>44018782
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Daenerys_Targaryen
not a warrior but natural on warfare
trusted council on war and govern
well-liked and even loved
>>
>>44018838
and most importantly
improvise and willing to adapt to any circumstances
>>
>>44018782
just suggestion
smiting not equal iron extraction
IRL, the iron ores need to first be extract into crude iron(iron bar-commodity) then steel and smith
>>
>>44018694
ASOIAF fag detected
>>
>>44018894
I know. But I just summarized all of these steps for convenience. A third of the trouble and such
>>
>>44018950
sorry
>>
>>44019046
No excuses needed. I didn't mention it.
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44018782
>>
>>44019077
sadly it seem just u and me
>>
>>44019099
Seems like it. But maybe more people will come later on or something.
>>
>>44019154
GM anon add a roll?
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44018782
>>
>>44019409
saviour
>>
>>44018815
>>44019096
>>44019409
Groknak takes half of your iron supply to turn it into steel first and weapons later. It only takes a few hours until he leaves his forge, his skin pitch black from ash and grime, but proudly presenting sixteen shimmering steel daggers. The goblins laugh out with joy at the look of their new, highly potent weapons. You've never seen Groknak this proud, not even when you blocked his special feint attack during training. Smithing really is his passion, after all.
>Overlord, I also allow myself to renew the dagger you gave Kislax for safekeeping. I think it's as good as new now. If not better.
You thank him and put the dagger into the cloth sheath he hands you, then let it sink into your armor's boot. Surprise attacks are a huge advantage, after all.
>Would you like me to craft some tools or a new armor for yourself from the rest of the iron, Alice? Or something else? Just tell me, I'll do the rest.

What is your decision?
>Make tools (which? You already got basic mining tools from the abandoned mine, btw)
>Make myself an armor. It will be lighter and therfore will give me an advantage in combat.
>Keep it for now. We'll use it sometime else.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44019571
>Make tools
farming tools to improve
>>
>Groknak, we need farming tools. Hoes, shovels, watering cans, all this. You know what I mean.
Groknak nods.
>Sure. One complete set of farming equipment.I'll get started immediately.
Slizex and Izzylyx are happy to hear about getting new tools.
>Finally, we can do our very best again. All for you, Alice.
You smile. Your goblins are all so enthusiastic, almost infatuated with serving you. If all of your servants in the future will serve you this way, what could stop you from accomplishing whatever you want?
Japhex looks down on the little kitchen garden from the higher level.
>I remember the times under overlord Yaren. When there wasn't enough rain we used a device the gnomish tinkerers had created from copper pipes. It would take water from the Kraken pond and water the crops with it.
Interesting. You weren't really aware that stuff like this existed, but gnomes seem to be great at technology stuff.
Cormix tells you of food stock for another two weeks.

>Roll 1d20 for smithing success.
First three
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44019791
>>
>>44019807
hell
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

I'm gonna add a roll.
>>
>>44019941
This roll is also known by his chinese street name, Ho Lee Shit.
>>
>>44019941
>>44019952

waiting for his long lost cousin in the Mystical Far East, Ho Lee Fuk
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

And a last one so we can go on.
>>
>>44020058
Ho Lee Fuk almost arrived
>>
Again, Groknak leaves his forge, this time looking less satisfied.
>I'm not very skilled in smithing anything that's not a weapon, but I did what I could.
He hands Slizex and Izzylyx four farming hoes, two shovels and a single watering can, that doesn't look very well made. Still, he has put a lot of work into this again. Maybe with enough routine, he will get better at this.

>A small, but working farm, able to feed around six goblins who don't mind eating pumpkin every day, three nearly intact levels of a castle and around twenty followers. Not a bad start, actually.
Japhex summarizes.
>What are your next plans, Alice?

Good question, but here is a good answer:
>Stay at the castle (and do what?)
>Go outside and explore (where?/for what sake?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44020182
>Stay at the castle
train in fighting, preferably on raiding as team
>>
>Groknak, can you help the goblins with group warfare tactics? Things like fighting as a team to accomplish certain goals or something the like?
Groknak shrugs.
>Not completely sure, but I'll talk to an expert who will aid me.
An expert? Now you're curious. Who might this be?
The surprise is not as big as you thought. Groknak stands on the courtyard, among the goblins with Japhex at his side.
>Surprised? I once was a fighter, too. As most of us were. And I was not too bad at it. I got named leader of my squad of sixteen, after all.
You should have known. Japhex wasn't old all his life.

Groknak stands among a team of four goblins.
>Often, you will fight an enemy larger than you. This is, where group tactics come in. You four have to get me to the ground and you win.
Seems easy enough. But is it?

>Roll 1d20 for success.
First three.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44020450
>>
>>44020474
yeah
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44020450
>>
>>44020516
Ho Lee Fuk:
Suprise Muthafucka
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44020450
>>
>>44020699
Ho Lee Shit greeted back his long lost cousin
>>
>>44020474
>>44020516
>>44020699

>Alright, Kislax group is first to fight m-
Groknak hasn't even finished his sentence, when four goblins hit his torso and shoulders at the same time, making him lose his balance and falling over due to his armor's heavy weight. He tries to get up but fails due to two goblins keeping him down while two goblins stand there without taking any action.
>We're not doing anything yet, but we could already take the next fight or get some object. Did we do well, Groknak?
The orc laughs maniacally.
>WELL? WELL? YOU GUYS DID INCREDIBLE!
Japhex only smiles and nods slightly.
>This is the way true goblins fight. Well done, boys.
Groknak ends the training, your goblins feeling way more confident about their skill. They will remember this lesson well.

You're going to the hall and sit down in your willow chair when Japhex appears.
>Alice, you've got a guest. It's an old friend of mine. Should I tell him to come in now or would you like a little preparation time?

What is your choice about this?
>Let him come now (welcome him in your everyday garb)
>Take some time to prepare (put on your armor for a stronger impression)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44021097
>>Take some time to prepare (put on your armor for a stronger impression)
procrastinating................
>>
File: eydeet.jpg (53 KB, 377x292) Image search: [Google]
eydeet.jpg
53 KB, 377x292
You decide to put on your armor. You only get a single chance for a first impression. And an impressive one won't hurt, right?
After you are done, you ask Japhex to lead the visitor to the throne room. He opens the door, takes a step outside and returns accompanied by a... brain? No, wait. There is a small body underneath the giant head, which seems way too small to carry this kind of head. The weird creature is wearing round glasses and a mustache in the now recognizable face.
>Overlord Alice, I assume? My name is Bernard 'Bookworm' Brinks. I'm an eydeet.
He is a... what? Eydeet?
>You might not have seen my kind before, we're pretty rare outside our native home. I came here after I got the signal that a new overlord was sent. I once was your precedessors librarian, since the giant libraries of this castle needed someone with three brains at least, so my four did the job perfectly.
Four brains? Well, this explains the size of his head.
>I hope to serve you as a librarian again. Knowledge is power, as it is known. Would you accept me into your service?

Will you?
>Sure, he seems nice enough. And Japhex trusts him.
>I would like to ask some questions first (write in)
>No, people suddenly appearing give me a weird feeling.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44021297
>I would like to ask some questions first
How u get the signal? Why and how do you leave previous service? What can u serve?
>>
>>44021297
>Sure, he seems nice enough. And Japhex trusts him.
>>
>>44021342
>A signal? Would you mind clarifying this? Also, how comes you left my precedessor's services?
The eydeet sighs.
>Some years ago, your precedessor fell, as I think you might already know. When the storm began, I evacuated as many books as I possibly could. Then I returned to my homeland of Zamonia to attend further librarian classes at the famous Nachtigaller university. When you awoke, you woke others, too. The time before your arrival, the energy flow in the goblins for example was reduced to a minimum. You might want to think about this like some kind of hibernation.
Interesting. This guy seems to be really knowledgeable. But what else is to be expected from someone with four brains?
>When you recruited my old friend Japhex into your service a few days ago, I felt his life force increasing by a great factor. I took this as a sign for the awakening of a new overlord and immediately headed here to offer you my services as a scholar, especially historics and bibliothequary.
So this guy once was a librarian here and wants to enter the new overlord's service.

Do you
>have anymore questions?
>want to accept him into your ranks?
>want to reject his services?
>other (write in)
>>
I wrote a new story progression, but can't see it myself. Can you? If not, I'll have to hit my head against something really hard.
>>
Forget it. I can see it now.
>>
>>44021566
>>want to accept him into your ranks?

always in need of man but ask him to swear
>>
>We are always in need of man, but I have to ask the vows of fealty from you.
you say. The eydeet just nods and speaks the words of the vow.
>The vows... Originally created by overlord Chephron, second of all overlords to ever exist. Originally based on forbidden magic and the darkest of secrets, therefore not used by everybody until overlord Basil, the fourty-eighth was able to alter the magic into something more... neutral.
This guys is surely knowledgeable about the history of the overlords...
>I brought along the books I was able to save back then. Do you want to take a look at them right now? Or should I set up myself in the library first and you will find time for me once you got some of it on your hands?

What is your decision on it?
>I'll take a look right now.
>I'll take a look at this later.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44022118
>I'll take a look at this later.
let him set up. i will raid!!!
>>
>I'll look at this later, Bernard. My troops are waiting to be led to field. And this way you can start to set yourself up a bit up there, alright?
The eydeet nods and heads up the stairs.
You head out to the courtyard, where Izzylyx finishes watering the pumpkins, then grabs her club and heads towards the other goblins.
>The pumpkins are growing well. Not much longer and we might already eat them.
You nod and turn towards the troops.
>Guys, gals, you did great in the last training. Therefore we'll see if we can get some field experience. We will leave right away towards...

Towards?
>The forests of Darthmoore
>The rolling plains
>The small town of Rogen
>The A'Kash mountains
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44022393
>>The forests of Darthmoore
>>
>We will march to the forests again.
Your troops cheer, still feeling empowered by the great successes during the last excursion to the forest.
You march to the forest and arrive at noon. How do you want to use your time here?
>Gather materials (special wishes?)
>Gather food (special wishes?)
>Scout the forest for orientation and possible discoveries (new places, possible recruits, adventurous feeling)
>Find something to fight (for you? for your army?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44022679
>>Scout the forest for orientation and possible discoveries
>>
Scouting I hear?
Now, the task gets difficult. Roll 1d6 for possibilities and 1d20 for potential success.
I think two of both will be sufficient for now.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>44022773
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>44022773
>>
Only one of the d6 is sufficient, I noticed. Thanks.
>>
shitty roll
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

And the final d20.
>>
bump
not a soul
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>44022773
>>
Your goblins scout the forest, hoping to find something interesting. One of the squads returns with these requirements met.
>We found a place we might want to remember.
Gregrix tells you. It's the first excursion he is a part of since his training accident. His arm finally is okay again.
The place they found is a somewhat big clearing in the forest, perfect for making camp at. All around the place, loose wood, perfect for making a campfire, is lying around.

Do you want to camp here for the night?
>Yes, this looks good. Good line of sight, wood for a campfire already provided. This saves us a lot of time (+1 action today)
>No, we haven't scouted the closer environment yet. Something might be wrong here. Better take our usual campgrounds.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>44023713
>>Yes, this looks good. Good line of sight, wood for a campfire already provided. This saves us a lot of time (+1 action today)
>>
>This place looks good. We'll stay here during the night.
you decide. After only a few minutes you got everything set up.
>We still got time until dusk. What should we do, Alice?
Kislax asks.

Good question. Choose the better answer.
>Gather materials (special wishes?)
>Gather food (special wishes?)
>Scout the forest for orientation and possible discoveries (new places, possible recruits, adventurous feeling)
>Find something to fight (for you? for your army?)
>Other (write in)
>>
One big order of players and a medium soda, please.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.