[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making a new themed ability. To go with it is Infraction, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: DD.png (253 KB, 375x526) Image search: [Google]
DD.png
253 KB, 375x526
Making a new themed ability. To go with it is Infraction, which buffs a card if it's breaking a law.
Notes- There can be multiple laws; maximum of 4 at a time per player. If a new law would be made that breaks the limit, sacrifice target card creating a law. This does not apply to casting a second copy of a card that makes a Law already in effect.
-Laws created by cards you cast do not apply to you
-Justice abilities stack, as do Infraction
-Laws can only be destroyed if the card making the Law is destroyed.
>>
>>44014765
Should add a non-token creature clause to that
>>
File: SC.png (353 KB, 526x375) Image search: [Google]
SC.png
353 KB, 526x375
IGNORE THE 'HERO' THING. That'll be explained once I have the whole set finished, as this is a brand new format I am making called Planeswalk.
>>
File: KE.png (385 KB, 370x522) Image search: [Google]
KE.png
385 KB, 370x522
>>44014790
Good catch, fixed it in MSE. Thanks!
>>
File: KTI.png (392 KB, 383x532) Image search: [Google]
KTI.png
392 KB, 383x532
>>44014822
This card needs balancing, so looking for input on this guy.
>>
>>44014871
Is "The Enemy" something specific to your format, or is it supposed to be target opponent?
>>
>>44014765
When does that trigger?
Should it be 'whenever a player breaks the law,' or is that when it enters the battlefield?
>>
That "only four laws" thing is bad design. If it's for balance reasons, then just make the cards weaker or just ensure the spread of possible laws doesn't penalize literally everything. But leaving it as is makes it unclear and insular — players have to be "in the know" somehow.
>>
>>44014792
Caring seems waaaaay too strong. Punishes your opponent for playing the game basically.
>>
>>44014871
You don't need commas between the symbols is the activated cost. And for balancing reason, you should do one or all of these things
Make it a tap ability
Make it sorcery speed
Make it only able to discard non-land cards
The sorcery speed and non-land is fitting in with the usual targeted discards (thoughtsieze, IoK, ect)
>>
>>44018215
So does every single instant that destroys any (or all) card(s) you have unless you put a bunch of counter spells in your deck.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>44018271
Well some can't even be countered.
>>
>>44014765
Law seems too one-sided. I prefer abilities which are more fair. And fun. I'd see this like:

Dealing damage to creatures is against the law.
Justice - whenever a player breakes the law, each of that player's opponents puts a 1/1 white Soldier creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.

That way, you have to think while building deck, and while playing, opposed to "i play my best stuff whenever, cause it's good, and win only cause my cards are better than my opponent's"

Also, i think that fiddling with some non-written-on-cards global rules (4 laws) makes an easy, modular game pointlessly complicated.

Actually, this 4-law rule is obsolete with this double-edged sword tweak of mine. Alongside with "Laws created by cards you cast do not apply to you", which is just pointless.

last thing is - syntax. Most beautiful thing in MtG is clarity of wording, and wording of yours is not at point.

But law seems pretty fun, still, once it applies to all players.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.