[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple Kingdoms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: rsz_1map1.jpg (24 KB, 547x410) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1map1.jpg
24 KB, 547x410
Simple map game. You are the ruler of a kingdom in an island nation.

Pick a number, and your main assets will be revealed. You can go forward as you choose. Cultivate trade, make war, etc.

Year is 1469.
>>
>>44014602
I pick five
>>
>>44014602
I'll be 1
>>
I pick 9.
>>
>>44014665
Wait why are there two 9s?
>>
If it's not too late I would like to switch to 11, if not it's cool.
>>
File: 1308114031001.jpg (148 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
1308114031001.jpg
148 KB, 648x595
>>44014717
Doh, this was me.
>>
>>44014602 Rolling for pick.
>>44014677 Pretty sure both chunks of land are part of 9.
>>
>>44014717
Before I reveal anybody's info - I need to know which you requested.

>>44014677
Island 9 has become 12.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d12)

>>44014739 ...messed up the roll.
>>
>>44014735
>>44014743
Oh okay, so they're separate?

My final pick is 12 then. I wanted island.
Sorry for all the posts.
>>
>>44014602
I'll be 7.
>>
>>44014643
Five is a versatile kingdom, with versatile people from many kingdoms! It's mainland area gives it great opportunities for farming, and it's port is great for trading or travel to other kingdoms. However, it lacks much natural defenses and is surrounded on many sides. Not much timber in the area.

>>44014649
One has excellent natural harbors with abundant opportunity for fishing, trade, and other things. Good timber in the area and natural defenses with bluffs marking the edges of the area. Not much for farming though. You'll need to import food in times of need.

>>44014717
Eleven is heavily wooded with steep bluffs on two sides of the island. Your natural harbors would lend themselves to an excellent shipbuilding trade. Farming is difficult and your population is dwindling to start due to the separation from the rest of the island. You have excellent natural defenses.

>>44014757
Eight has excellent farming land and it's forests are full of game. Land is mostly flat and for some reason people really like your kingdom. Your harbors are not so good but a lot of people still come through. Mediocre natural defenses.

>>44014802
Seven is the most densely forested, with patches of very fertile land. Your real specialty are the mines beneath the land, which makes your currently quiet kingdom secretly very wealthy. Although your kingdom is sparsely populated - your assets could lend themselves to getting hired help. Or marketing? Who knows.

Please make your Names the names of your kingdoms.
>>
>>44014926
Oh guess I'm 11, that's fine.
>steep bluffs on two sides of the island
Can I pick the sides or which sides?
>due to the separation from the rest of the island
Due to the forests? Why are they separated?
>>
>>44014926
Dr. Unpasteurized, Ruler of Colloidi
>>
>>44015005
Oh never mind, you meant the big island duh.
>>
>>44015005
Woops. Sorry. Oh well. Fate commands you be 11.

You can pick the sides. And people don't like your island too much because it's separated from the *mainland*. Should have clarified.

>>44015024
Hail Dr. Unpasteurized!
>>
>>44015031
Eleven also gets an extra loyal population due to it's isolation.
>>
>>44014926
>Eight has excellent farming land and it's forests are full of game.
Land of Food and Lumber?
>Land is mostly flat and for some reason people really like your kingdom.
People in *my* kingdom like it, or people in other kingdoms?
>Your harbors are not so good but a lot of people still come through.
So I'm on a trade route? (is it 9/10(/6?) <-> 12/3(/2/1) ???)
>Mediocre natural defenses.
Sounds like a job for a massive wall.
>>
>>44015041
I am the ruler of the Kingdom of the Green Lands.
>>
File: neo-nippon.png (25 KB, 115x113) Image search: [Google]
neo-nippon.png
25 KB, 115x113
>>44015041
Okay, I'll have the bluffs be these sides.
And I'll be Lord Chiba of Neo-Nippon.
>>
Don't suppose there's room for latecomes?
>>
>>44015088
>Land of Food and Lumber?
Could be.
>People in *my* kingdom like it, or people in other kingdoms?
Everybody seems to like the area. It's nice.
>So I'm on a trade route? (is it 9/10(/6?) <-> 12/3(/2/1) ???)
Sure. And uh...I don't know what you mean there.
>>44015199
Join in! People can join in until there's no more spots. Unclaimed kingdoms are just neutral zones with average everything until it's claimed.
>>
>>44015233
Alright I'll claim 4, name pending
>>
>>44015059
As my fist order of business, I proclaim myself King Dr. Unpasteurized.As my second order of business, I assemble the League of Exportation and Importation, which will help handle all goods entering and exiting Colloidi. They will have input on laws decreed and members will be elected by the people every 4 years.
>>
I pick 3.
>>
>>44015233
How is my terrain, heavily wooded yes, but flat or hilly?
Looking for viability of rice paddies.

I would also like to establish a port as well wood and lumber operations.
>>
I'd like to start exporting fish and lumber, but not too much. Two saplings will be planted for every tree cut down.
>>
File: rsz_map2.jpg (32 KB, 503x377) Image search: [Google]
rsz_map2.jpg
32 KB, 503x377
>>44015244
Four shares an excellent harbor with 2 - which will be assumed peaceful until either side does otherwise. Four has some of the best livestock in the nation - with the best horses, oxen, sheep, pigs, etc. Has the nations first University - and draws a variety of people from near and far off lands. Good natural defenses, but people tend to be restless here. Loyalty would be to be inspired. Mediocre farming.

>>44015261
The active ruler increases a sense of unity in your kingdom. Trade is slightly diminished by regulation, but some unsavory traders that might have caused trouble in your port areas seem to go away.

>>44015289
Harvest your wooded areas and you could do well with rice paddies. Establishing a port helps put you towards a positive population trend.

>>44015318
You get more foreigners with your fish and lumber interest - and a bit less loyalty. Village folk feel like you look out for them, however. They appreciate you.
>>
>>44015398
I described 3 for 4...Whoops.

One second - fixing.
>>
>>44015472
Oh wait. Nevermind. I'm losing my mind.
>>
>>44015398
Ruler's name is Greenland, named after the kingdom that he would soon be king of. I start to build a(n?) university. It will have many classes that Four's school lacks.
>>
File: neo-nippon.png (25 KB, 120x104) Image search: [Google]
neo-nippon.png
25 KB, 120x104
>>44015398
I would like to establish the capital city of Chiba at the red spot, while establishing the port of Dejima at the blue spot.
I would like to being forest cutting around each city, clearing space around capital for farms/paddies and getting lumber for the port and shipbuilding.

Can I visit/trade, etc other nations, or do I need ships and time?
>>
>>44015507
Forgot name.
Dark blue spot is hard to see, but Dejima is on coast obviously.
>>
>>44015281
Hm. 3 is mostly hilly and lightly forested on top, with mediocre natural resources. But there is a dwarven kingdom beneath 3. Absolute peak natural defenses - but you need to do a lot of trade for supplies like food and raw materials like wood or cotton.

>>44015498
The focus of most schooling is religion-based - but in a modern line of thought - you offer skills-based schooling. While this ruffles some feathers religion wise throughout the nation - your people seem to be improving themselves.
>>
>>44015398
>I'm losing my mind.
It's only natural when describing Ayrnfour. A long history of monarchs going mad has led to recent establishment of a defacto-permanent regency led by a council of the various local faith.

>>44015507
I'd like to establish spies in the neo-nippon university administration, to snipe prospective professors with better offers at a more prestigious institution.
>>
>>44015233 I was taking a guess at where trade was going to/ coming from, since the description makes it pretty clear that I'm just a necessary stopping point.
>>
We build the capital around the newly established school, which is located at the tip of the swirl. We start building a harbor, and give an excellent fishing rod to every man above 15.
>>
>>44015526
Shit for somereason i combined the greenland post with the picture from neo-nippon in my head.
>>
>>44015526
>>44015550
Your school is religion based, while ours is a trade school. We're not stealing any of your prospective professors.
>>
>>44015398
I Create the capital city of Yugurt on the coast of Colloidi. This will be where the League convenes and where my seat of power will be held.
>>
>>44015529
Nobles come to your kingdom for your prized specialties in metalwork - made of gold, silver, etc. A stopping point yes, but a wealthy kingdom.

>>44015507
Go for it - go visit somebody. Cities noted.

>>44015550
Are you ruler of 3 or 4?

>>44015545
Nobles around the nation ruffle their feathers at your progressive ways.

>>44015570
Spies gonna spy
>>
>>44015570
No, we're stealing YOURS.
>>
>>44015586
>Are you ruler of 3 or 4?
Four.

Assuming your "i'm losing my mind" post was confirming that your original description of four was in fact four
>>
We establish that our tax is a fish a week from every man, which we begin exporting. We start start building a military base, to train our young. Even the women must learn to defend themselves.
>>
>>44015589
You're Four. Arynfour now has information to implement a trade department if they so choose - but it would cause unrest among some wealthy donors to the university.

>>44015603
A riot breaks out over the fish tax. Your productivity is diminished. The wives of the area question your leadership, but practice their new skills on their husband. You should explain to your people why taxes are important.
>>
>>44015584
Capital noted! People feel united.
>>
What's the technology level of the setting?
>>
We build a final school, which every child from 5 to 15 must go to. They will learn proper language, self-defense, basic math, history, geography, modern science, and, to smooth all the feathers we have so far ruffled, religious studies, though, of course, unknown to them, we also point out the flaws.
>>
>>44015629
The fish that we collect will be traded to other nations in exchange for fruits and vegetables, as well as other meats. We can't live off fish alone, after all.
>>
File: neo-nippon.png (113 KB, 400x347) Image search: [Google]
neo-nippon.png
113 KB, 400x347
We'd like to establish a university in the capital Chiba focusing on navel research, technology, navigation etc.

We would like to propose the possibility of knowledge sharing with some of the other universities in other nations.

We limit immigrants and visitors to the prefectures hatched in magenta. Those caught violating will be put put to work in those prefectures.

Neo-Nippon is primarily secular in practice with some cultural spiritual practices.
>>
>>44015652
Your schools add up cost wise and many students drop out - your people recognize your efforts and are mindful of them - but many children are already apart of family fishing to keep things afloat. Many families do benefit from the schools - and your nation is becoming a bit of a hot talking point.

>>44015693
Noted! Let's see what the other universities say.
>>
>>44015693
keep forgetting name.
Also due to separation from the main land, we have a distinct language/dialect and ethnic appearance (if that's okay).
>>
Off-season agricultural workers are used to construct series of walls around an across the kingdom.
The walls start and end deep in the forests, but span exclusively across unforested space.
Rumors that the Prince Beyond the Woods has a fetish for walls are patently false.
>>
>>44015693
We accept, establishing a relationship between our schools. We challenge the Neo-Nippon School of Naval Studies to a game of the local favorite sport, Baseoobahhl, or, baseball.
>>
>>44015523
Hmm...
What notable resources does my realm have?
>>
File: Ayrnfour.jpg (5 KB, 97x108) Image search: [Google]
Ayrnfour.jpg
5 KB, 97x108
>>44015629
While the capital officially remains Old Ayrn, the site of the royal palace where the royal family still resides in their madness, due to a lack of presence of the Church of Our Lady of Uncertain Places (The second largest faith in Ayrnfour) the council's seat of government is the newly established Ayrnfour city on the shores of Lake Ayrnfour.

While not strictly speaking adding any trade classes to Old Ayrn university, some of the council-churches establish a satellite school in a poorer region of the country (though not the poorest.) While this will undoubtedly still not be ideal to wealthy donors, it should be somewhat less upsetting than if the classes were added to Old Ayrn University itself.
>>
How about everybody puts their number in brackets in their name? I keep forgetting who is who.

>>44015729
Name##password
>>
>>44015729
Everything metal. Mining. You know. Dwarf shit.

>>44015722
Rumors about your wall fetishes are a running talking point in most kingdoms.

>>44015719
You got it.
>>
>>44015713
We export half of all fully grown trees, planting two for every tree harvested, to pay our costs. We motivate our people by making it so that everyone who harvests and replants trees will have to pay only two fish a month. We add a slight tax to all foreign students of our Trade School.
>>
>>44015652
Branching out our spy network to the low level holy-men of whatever faiths Greenland and Ayrnfour have in common, trying to motivate them to speak out against government indoctrination and enforced secularism.

>>44015693
Hm. Acceptable only if Ayrnfour citizens may recieve an exemption to the restrictions of movement for the purposes of attending Neo-nippon university, as well as the same exemption to faculty who want access to neo-nippon university libraries.
>>
>>44015751
Thanks.
>>
>>44015744
Everybody is pleased.

>>44015723
Noted.
>>
>>44015771
That's me.
>>
>>44015729
Tripcodes are super easy.
My name line reads: Robert Daniels, Prince Beyond the Woods #imnottellingyouthispart
Just fill your name line with "YourNameHere #hiddenCodeYouTellNoOne" and it will display as "YourNameHere !consistantyGeneratedGibberish"
>>
>>44015723
Also me.
>>
>>44015771
Your people are happy.

>>44015779
Other nations are becoming wary of your spies - but you have excellent information networks.
>>
>>44015820
>Other nations are becoming wary of your spies
But why? It's not like we're spying on anyone besides those vile secularists in Greenland.

And information is great, but the intent of the latest policy is to stir up unrest in Greenland, is that working?
>>
>>44015779
We out your holy spies, making my people so wary of religion that many stop being religious. Your people get a slightly larger tax to join our Trade School.
>>
>>44015843
Everybody has spies. All that meant was they're becoming aware you have spies. (Which is not a huge revelation)
>>
We expand ship building and the port of Dejima, as well as establish additional ports along southern coast.
Watch settlements/posts are also established along the northern coasts which are cliffs.

We try and increase off coast fishing to supplement our farming.
Given progress from the navel university and ship building we prepare to attempt to circumnavigate the mainland. Or at least reach the antipodes.

>>44015779
For now we can't agree, we are a insular nation and the coastal prefectures serve as a buffer for outsiders. We've also heard rumors of your people being less than scrupulous.
>>
>>44015766
The few trees in the land are harvested for seeds to reduce dependency on lumber from other kingdoms.

Large amounts of the kingdom's labour-force will be dedicated to removing hills within the inner-kingdom for more farmland - The outer hills will be kept for defences. This also acts as a large-scale mining project.

The last two things will probably take awhile.
>>
>>44015850
Greenland is certainly unsettled. Losing faith is not a small change in life, especially during the Middle Ages. Greenland- your people are getting depressed and questioning their lives. They need new meaning.
>>
>>44015876
We incorporate Neo-Nippon's religious beliefs, both steadying my people, and strengthening our ties to Neo-Nippon.
>>44015857
Have you accepted our baseball game?
>>
>>44015850
>Your people get a slightly larger tax to join our Trade School
We already established our own, better trade school with all those teachers we sniped! The ayrnfour diplomat to Greenland laughs and makes rude faces when the tax is announced.
>>
>>44015860
You are becoming more independent.

>>44015857
Your wealth increases with your shipbuilding.

>>44015900
An alliance between Neo-Nippon and Greenland would feel natural to your people.
>>
>>44015820
I start construction on a few capable seafaring vessels, as well as creating a form of currency by trading food with nearby nations for precious metals. The League of Exportation and Importation develops a branch referred to as The Exploitation Bureau, which regulates taxes and enforces the laws of the King and The League of Exportation and Importation.
>>
>>44015900
I'll accept the baseball game, perhaps it can become an annual event.
Given we both rely on fishing we would like to share research and knowledge pertaining to fishing.
We'd also be happy to have immigrants from greenland who can fit in well on the coast as fishermen, and we'd like to send some immigrants as well.

We launch our circumnavigation expedition northwards hoping to stop in Greenland first before continuing west.
>>
>>44015860
While you work on making farmland viable, hills are still perfectly suitable for grazing, and guess which neighbor has the best livestock. The cult of Uralda the cow mother would be glad to help you set up ranches, if your promise to allow Ayrnfourite investment in the new mining interests and mildly favorable trade deals on metal importing.
>>
We propose an alliance with Neo-Nippon.
>>
I'm going to take a shower. I encourage you to interact with each other. Go wild. Kill each other or something.
>>
>>44016030
Are you coming back?
I have nothing better to do, so I don't mind waiting could spend time doodling on my map to make my nation look sweet.

It's nice having nuetrel party giving results of actions imo.
>>
>>44015985
I have to sleep. Ill see you all in the morning probably. My nation tries to build up and active military while I am away, to help patrol and enforce low taxation.
>>
>>44015938
A trading port is established along the Cascadian coast for, well, trading.

Fisheries are built along the lakes and coast a quicker solution to reducing dependency.
>>
>>44016017
The Cascadian king greatly accepts this noble and generous offer.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>44016003
We send some expert fishermen and fishingrod crafters to Neo-Nippon. 1 wins the game for me. 2 wins it for you.
>>
>>44016072
Advance warning: Uraldan advice tends to mostly consist of "do <genuinely useful advice> as a prayer to Uralda" so don't be surprised if a small uraldan minority sprouts up.
>>
On a related note, anyone have suggestions for the member churches of the Ayrnfour council of faiths? So far we've got The Church of Our Lady of Uncertain Places and the Cult of Uralda the Cow Mother.
>>
File: A-Ship-In-Stormy-Seas.jpg (172 KB, 1000x672) Image search: [Google]
A-Ship-In-Stormy-Seas.jpg
172 KB, 1000x672
We continue to strengthen navy and merchant marines, as well as research navel related technology.
Also establish system so that other nations or private parties may pay for navel related things and experise, including goods shipping, travel, protection, navigation, port construction etc.

Desertion of the navy with intent or resulting in aid to another nation or party is a high crime, but hopefully due to insular and loyal nation won't be necessary.

>>44016083
We send some experienced shipwrights and fishermen.
We're gracious in defeat but hope to win next year.
Establish baseball team at Chiba Navel Institute and Dejima Shipyard.

>>44016023
We are glad to hear that, what would it entail?
>>
>>44016030
Would it be alright for me to swoop in and take 12, or is it too late to join ?
>>
>>44016185
I think as long as there are spots he said it's fine.
But you'd have to wait to see your stuff I guess.
>>
>>44016163
You can use our port for free, our schools will have work together, we will aid eachother in the face of natural disaster, famine, and war, and we will share research.
>>
>>44016190
Alright, thank you. I'll wait for OP to come back
>>
File: 1449386437870.jpg (35 KB, 547x410) Image search: [Google]
1449386437870.jpg
35 KB, 547x410
>>44016112
More potential converts in the eyes of Cascadia.

In other news, the hill removal project as been lessened to only around areas designated for road construction, which connects the capital city with the port and first fisheries.
>>
>>44016192
Okay I think that sounds good and we have cultural ties given your adoption of Neo-Nippon's spiritual belief.
We will support each other if attacked but not obligatory if either is the aggressor.
We're also wary of sharing all research but would be happy to give Greenland preference when it came to sharing new technology and discoveries.
Also propose establishing a joint school either in Dejima in Neo-Nippon or somewhere in Greenland for shared research.
>>
>>44016185
Twelve is like eleven...except it has a teenage dragon residing there. I'm definitely not super tired and lazy right now haha.

>>44016163
Looks good my man

>>44016126
I like your names

Hmm...If you're waiting on a reponse you're going to have to say it again. Shower made me very sleep. u_uAt least I smell pretty. I'll be up for a bit longer though.
>>
>>44016325
>Twelve is like eleven...except it has a teenage dragon residing there. I'm definitely not super tired and lazy right now haha.
you can do better than that -_-
>>
>>44016337
Twelve is sparsely forested with good natural harbors and sloping beaches. The peoples of this island are different from the mainland and are mainly bilingual. This island is the main producer of cotton and has good trade. Not so great natural defenses. Very laid back, peaceful people. Not much for fighting but excellent at their trade. (Cotton exports and weaving) most of island dependent on this island for anything...clothy
>>
I'd take nine. Love a good /buildr/
( should check out #Nation on mibbit btw )
>>
>>44016290
I will slightly lower the tax on any of your people who join my school. What do you mean by joint school?
>>
>>44016349
buncha hippies
>>
>>44016349
Most of mainland is dependent
>>
>>44016325
With the new metal from the deal with Cascadia, Ayrnfour will be expanding and improving the equipment of the cavalry it undoubtedly has with all those horses.
>>
Is 7 available? I'll take it.
>>
>>44016358
A school where faculty could be from both nations as well as students. I think for now I will continue to keep the capital prefecture native only which would include the Navel Institute.
I would be open to having people join your school but I didn't know if that would be one sided to you.
>>
>>44016353
Nine is the hottest part of the island due - with a miniature tropical rainforest more inland. It is the least developed part of the mainland. Specialty fruits, woods, and etc come from here. Popular for thieves and assassins to hide out it. Everybody watches their back in this land - but it makes the exotic goods from this area even more valuable.
>>
All of our skilled blacksmiths, educated in our very own trade school, are paid to create weapons and armor for our soldiers, trained at our very own military base. We send soldiers to ocupy and defend our close ally, Neo-Nippon. We request the shipwright immigrants from Neo-Nippon start building us a naval fleet.
>>
>>44016349
Very well ! I, King François-Louis XII, will start by organizing state sponsored contests in clothmaking. The winners of each region will be allowed totake apprnetices, and recieve funding from the crown.

We will send traders in the others to demonstrate the unique quality and style of our products, and hopefull find some agreements.
>>
>>44016433
Establish an Assassins' Guild. Anyone who's anyone joins it because they enjoy a degree of clemency and state funding unheard of for murderers.

Anyone stealing exotics from state-sanctioned traders gets a visit from the Assassins' Guild.
>>
Is 10 available
Also I want to be warlike or something
>>
>>44016416
7 has been taken.

I'm doing drawings of your nations based on your decisions and anything you adder tomorrow morning. If you have any requests be sure to leave them.
>>
>>44016463
Huh. is there anything that's not taken, now?
>>
>>44016475
6 and 2
>>
I advise getting
>>>/in/
#nation on mibbit, it's for games like there.
>>
>>44016442
Me.
>>44016417
That would be fine with me. This new school should be one of science. It shall lay in the most defendable part of my country, the middle. We shall both pay for it, and people of other nations may not join. How does that sound?
>>
File: sweating.png (68 KB, 392x286) Image search: [Google]
sweating.png
68 KB, 392x286
>>44016442
>We send soldiers to ocupy and defend our close ally, Neo-Nippon
>ocupy
>>
>>44016456
If you want to be warlike - check back in tomorrow. I'm going to sleep soon. I want to be able to moderate any war at least a little bit.
>>
>>44016483
I'll take 6, then.
>>
>>44016498
OP have good idea of general availability? This is exam week for me yo.
>>
>>44016463
Add our city and schools. If I need to clarify, I can.
>>
>>44016488
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Nation&server=irc.mibbit.net
>>
>>44016491
I'm sorry, I used the wrong word. It's like the US does for real Nippon. We establish a military base to defend you incase of attack.
>>
>>44016498
Just lwt me buildbup my nation, I won't be attacking anyone until you come back
>>
>>44016529
What the US does for real Nippon is a loosened occupation...
>>
>>44016501
Six is a plains area with good natural defenses and a stubborn population. They don't like change much. They're some of the hardest workers in the nation and are loyal as hell. They specialize in trade - any kingdom that hires your people will find their trade flourish doubly. Times of progress cut in half. Near perfect harbors. Not much timber though, they have to buy ships routinely.
>>
>>44016563
Then we shall work hard to build MIGHTY ROADS across theIsland, FOR THE GLORY OF FLEMLAND.

Also Arabicon, we can had timber trade?
>>
>>44016537
>>44016563
Why don't you do me
>>
>>44016571
test
>>
>>44016571
We will of course trade our luxurious timber with you.

In return I'd like a labour agreement where your hard workers come and build me opulent half-price, double-value pleasure palaces. This will be rewarded with the Assassins' Guild insuring your traders, alone of the foreign traders, go unmolested by the majority of thieves.
>>
>>44016537
Ten is a mountainous kingdom with excellent natural defenses. However - it's people are a bunch of drunks and cheats. The last king let things really fall apart. Mostly a mining kingdom, workers are tough but not pleasant. Has a once great city, (whatever you want to name it) in the mountain pass Ly'ren. City is falling into disrepair. It had all the framework to be one of the greatest kingdoms - but it's a real piece of work. It might take a while to get things in operable order.
>>
File: neo-nippon.png (104 KB, 400x347) Image search: [Google]
neo-nippon.png
104 KB, 400x347
>>44016489
>>44016529
School sounds good.

For the soldiers how about the shiprights can help build navy, in return perhaps you could send some blacksmiths to teach their art and weapon/armor smithing?

We would prefer a native defense force for the moment.

I will be establishing a military academy in Chiba capital for military research and training of officers and Saitama military base and town at the orange dot.
>>
>>44016557
Say, don't you think your priests, no, your faith as a whole could use beautiful garments and tapestries ?

Because I think they do, not that they currents clothes are ugly, of course. But your godess deserves the best, don't you think ? And as an added bonus, our cloth is also incredibly resistant and easy to wash, perfect for farming and hard work.
>>
>>44016614
Ha, next time you want to make a sales pitch do your research. Ayrnfour is a nation of many faiths, and all of any significance have a place on the Council.
>>
>>44016614
Your islands cloths also have a unique property- they are the only cloth produce in all the nation that can be truly imbued with the essence that can bring good fortune, strength, or loyalty. Very valuable for soldiers or priestess uniforms,
>>
>>44016635
My apologies, I didn't mean any disrespect, I am simply unknowing of the traditiobs of your beautiful country. I'm sure a trade agreement would allow both of our nationss to learn more about each other's cultures.
>>
>>44016605
Sounds great. I would like to treat the ruler of Neo-Nippon to a king's feast, and a baseball game between the two best teams in the country, all to honor a hopefully long friendship and the opening of our new joint Academy of the Sciences.
>>
>>44016603
Alright then
Flemland I'd like you to help me make my great city of Teoletl great again with your hard workers in return I will provide stone to pave your roads.
I will build a temple to the god Pelutac in my land it's monks will preach good morals and teach the people basic things like reading and writing.
Also military training for all youths.
>>
>>44016511
You can come in whenever works for you. I don't have a life. I'll always be here.
>>
In addition to the improvements to the national cavalry force, the church of our lady of uncertain places responds to reports of ships full for Greenlander soldiers traveling off the coast with an effort to establish a series of seaforts and patrols along the coast: beaches are, after all, not quite part of the sea and not quite part of the land, and therefore considered to be part of their goddess's domain.
>>
>>44016670
Your youth revolts and trashes the city, but the elders are pleasantly taken by the new religion. Your people can be won back yet.
>>
>>44016670
Gotta finish the roads first! I"m also busy buidling the >>44016594 pleasure palaces. Yours will be next, after the roads, palaces, and then my ships.
>>
>>44016696

Don't know if there really are turns. OP?
>>
>>44016661
Sadly all the politics and worrying over his people has caused Lord Chiba to lose his sea legs. He will be there in spirit.
A baseball game sounds excellent, thought I fear we haven't had long enough time to give you a good challenge yet.

The circumnavigation expedition has left Greenland and sails west, towards an island supposedly known for it's cloth.
>>
>>44016713
The expedition is welcomed with gifts of our finest cloth, mild curiosity, and a friendly game of pétanque.
>>
>>44016690
OK lads I changed my name
Anyway I fount the Athletics Association of Ilu-Xeotl(my kingdom name) to hopefully control the youths, they will be taught wrestiling, pugilism, javelin,axe and discus throwing as well as be lectured by monks. We begin cutting down timber to build ships to raid someone.
>>44016614
>>44016649
I order a large amount of robes for my people, especially priests and youths. What do you want in return? I was thinking since my people are drunks we have a good liquor industry and we can export that to you.
>>
>>44016776
Woops forgot name
>>
>>44016776
We offer to send some of our great professors to teach your people.
>>
>>44016808
We accept
>>
>>44016776
We'll maje truely awe-inspiring robes for your priests, while the youth will be given sober, yet stylish uniforms, made to be light and easy to wear. Of course, the cloth will be imbued with magic.

In return, I'd like to demand a little of your finest liquor, and precious metals from your mines. I'm sure our cooperation will be profitable to the both of us.
>>
>>44016771
We thank you for the gifts.
After seeing your cloth wares we express interest in obtaining samples of your different fabrics in large sizes. We have coin to pay for them.
>>
>>44016847
We would also like metal. Your people will be taught in blacksmithing.
Also, NZ, how big is this island?
>>
>>44016852
Great. Now I'm waiting for OP to tell me if the athletics program made my youths more compliant and for Flemlands builders to arrive. In the mean time I draw up plans for the capital with Greenlands proffesors.
>>44016883
My people are master smiths, what we want is your architecture and science teachers.
>>
Why is no one posting lads.
>>
>>44016947
Letting my people work :)
>>
>>44016962
And who are you
My raiding ships have been built, the axes have been sharpened and now to decide who to attack(Nippon, Greenland and Royaume will be spared) .
OP are there any rivers I can sail up to to get somewhere inland?
>>
>>44017000
Also what goods does nine have?
>>
>>44016899
Oh, well you'll get architects then. Be able to rebuild that city.
>>
>>44017000
How did you decide who to spare?
>>
>>44017028
I have deals with them, also Flemland will be spared as well I wanted to raid Nippon but he is allied with greenland so I can't do so.
I can't raid yet though since OP isn't here to tell me specifics.
>>
>>44017000
Well I'm glad I asked to build those sea-forts!
>>
>>44017046
>I wanted to raid Nippon
You best stay out of the southern sea mountain man.
Your axes and armor will feel mighty heavy when your ships sinks beneath you.
>>
>>44017051
Just wait till I get my tech up and go all artillery in this bitch. Anyway lads I guess I'll roll for who to raid on some number generator.
We decide to attack one of the mining outposts of seven(I don't think he is here though, correct me if I'm wrong) our longboats sail upriver into his territory until a suitable location near the outpost(I know this is the 15th century but longboats are hella good for sailing up rivers). We disembark and send out our scouts..
Now I will wait for OP to tell me what happens.
>>
>>44017131
At this point I suspect you'll be waiting until tomorrow
>>
>>44016871
I think you will be interested by our sturdier fabrics. A coastal town will start to weave larger sized samples for you to experiment with.

Some of our traders and clothiers would also like to set up shop in your country, and request to come back to Nippon with your men.
>>
>>44017146
Well I guess I can also start trading with you, what sort of goods do you have?
Also construction in the capital is going well and a new temple of Pelutac has been built by the coast.
>>
>>44017158
I've got livestock, livestock and more livestock. So I guess if you want a cheaper alternative to Douze I've got wool.
>>
>>44017184
I guess I will import some workhorses if you got some. Also is this a fantasy setting or what?
>>
Welp I've gotta sleep. I'll let my labourers get to doing all those things I told them to do.

G'night.
>>
We establish the South Sea fleet as the main fleet of our navy. It is currently primarily responsible for the defense of Neo-Nippon and it's waters.
With the smiths trained by the those from Greenland we continue to construct weapons and armor, as well as improve our ships.

Tactics focused on at Chiba military academy and Saitama base are navel combat and boardings, as well as defensive tactics suited to the environment of Neo-Nippon.
>>
>>44017157
We'd be happy for you to set up a shop in Dejima, we would also like some specialists to return with us who can help adapt your materials to sails and other navel uses.
>>
We are building a new city on the coast, also we are founding our first university in partnership with Greenland(or alone if he doesn't accept).
Our military is coming along well, we have started reclaiming land from the western deserts and started planting various crops.
>>
>>44017232
What will you teach? And we accept.
>>
>>44017290
General education, military stuff, geology, maybe some naval stuff, engineering.
>>
>>44017329
Also I want to start privateering, who can secretely sell me some ships.
>>
Douze becomes a nation of artists and philosophers thanks to their abundant free time.

Imports of novels, plays, jewelry made from Ilu-Xeotl imports, and of course cloth boom thanks to the contact with Neo-Nippon.

>>44016871
Expert weavers will be sent along with designers.

Inspired with the spirit of your people, a designer wants to provide your navy with a uniform that is both resistant to the elements, and slighty buoyant to prevent drowning.
>>
Hey, are there any regions left?
>>
>>44017363
Only number two
But OP isn't here so you will have to wait until god knows when
>>
I'll just sit over here then.
>>
Going to sleep now. See you in a few hours, hopefully this thread is still up.
>>
Small bumperino
>>
I have returned. Anybody still alive?
>>
>>44020174
Hey there.
Also, 2's mine now.
>>
>>44020174
I am here my man, now if you could tell me how my raiding and projects went down i would be quite happy.
>>
>>44020174
M8 where are you at
>>
>>44020638
I guess he's reading everything that happened while he was in the amazing world of not 4chan.
>>
>>44020670
He better have a big write up on the way
>>
>>44020377
Wat. Okay. The more land you get, and the faster you get it - the more unrest is brewed in your kingdom. How will you treat your new people's? Also - you may have a kingdom wide revolt on your hands if you don't slow down. Your neighbors are likely to become wary of a war-hungry kingdom which could be bad for trade.
>>
>>44020929
I was eating my cereal you war mongering shithead. I'll put a meteor in your kingdom if you back talk me m8 :^)
>>
>>44020945
So what do I have in my region?
>>
Alright - I'm going to go back over the thread and do a proper write up of everything that happened. Be patient.
>>
>>44020998
Gee, that must've been a shit load of cereal.
>>
>>44020945
That was meant for me rigth? Also I just want to be militaristic, not some asshole randomly attacking my allies. I just want to raid a little. Also the guy I'm raiding has only posted once.
>>
King Buvalu - your youth are doing well and are more reliable and well-mannered. Your raids are successful - but any progress in the nation is delayed by the dark and endless forests of Seven. You lose some men.

Neo-Nippon is quietly becoming one of the strongest kingdoms with its focus one education and strengthening its navy.

Douze has discovered that there is deposits of silver on its island - a highly valuable resource.
>>
>>44021009
Two has an excellent harbor and farming lands. Good natural defenses - your people specialize in building. Lots of clay and ores in this land.
>>
>>44021052
Oi mate I want to recruit some of your builders in the construction of new buildings in my capital, in exchange you get 10 crates of the best liquor and a non agression pact.
>>
>>44021226
We build quarries to get metal for weapons.
When word reaches me of Neo-Nippon I build secure living spaces in some of my quarries in case of those dirty japs starting a war.
>>
>>44021289
Your people are loyal and strong - you have superior weapons. But you are surrounded by a small mountain range that makes trade difficult.
>>
>>44021289
I offer to dig a tunnel through thr mountain, it will take a great whilex but with the new tech I am developing with Greenland I think I can do it. In exchange we want 10 master builders and 100 regular ones to help our construction for 5 years.
>>
>>44021195
Ah, very good. We will begin the construction of mines, this silver will supplement the income of the kingdom nicely.

>>44021285
My dear ally, would you mind sending to us a group of mining specialists ? They will of course be provided for, and I'm sure it will help cement the relationship between our people.
>>
>>44021488
Phoneposting so not sure what my trip was, but you never said bow ayrnfour's cavalry expansion / improvement and coastal fort construction went
>>
>>44020960
Did my Assassin's Guild go thru?
It's here
>>44016453
Hows about that pleasure palace arrangement with 6?
>>
>>44022908
Pleasure palace, huh ? Well then, I know what you need for these ! You need clothing of the utmost quality, for both men and women. You need Douze savoir-faire.

So, what do you think ?
>>
>>44022425
Yeah sure
Also I start deep mining reearch at the university, and further reclaim land from the desert
>>
With the new silver mines, Douze is propelled in a new golden age. Under the orders of the king, a great city is built not far away from the mines, and is named Argenterre.

The kingdom jewelers are drawn to this city to perfect their trade, and a new currency, the silver Buvalu, is minted in honor of the brave miners from Ilu-Xeotl.

Philosphers and artists of Argenterre start to find interest in the human body, both its shape and inner workings, and start observing how mind and body interact with each other. The first treaty of anatomy is printed soon after.
>>
>>44024539
Our kingom is honored and we gift 10 great bronze cannons to you.
We keep expanding our navy and army.
Our scholars take a keen interest in the anatomical studies of Douzean scholars.
>>
We research cannons etc at the join Neo-Nippon Greenland university.
Continue to expand navy and ore mining in the north of Neo-Nippon.
>>
>>44025713
I'd like to set up a sister town to Dejima in Douze, along with a shipyard, and the experience of your people would be appreciated for this endeavor.

Would you be okay with sending some of your shipwrights and sailors to work in this new city ?
>>
>>44026026
We'd be happy to help and send workers and sailors.
In return we would like to employ some of your people in the making of sails in Dejima.
Given we are island nations and our opposite positions it will be good to have friendly ports.
>>
>>44026421
Exactly what I was thinking. The clothiers have already working on upgrading the sails of your ships, and as we speak, Dejima should have a solid Douzean minority.
>>
I'm back. We would like to create an alliance with you and your scholars. >>44024539
>>
>>44025713
We study how we can make your cannons smaller, inventing the arquebus. We provide gun making and handling classes at the joint school.
>>
>>44026610
We accept, of course. The friends of our friends are our friends.

We can bring knowledge about anatomy, philosophy and art on the table. We'll be sending some scholars to teach in your universities, and will start building one on our island. Your people are of course, always welcome to visit Douze.
>>
One of our greatest scholars uses the simple gears of clocks to create a machine that moves. It is impenetrable to swords, axes, spears, arrows, and arquebuses. Cannons and hammers are the only current day weapons able to hurt it. It is powered by a huge mainspring, and the way to individually control it and where it is going are many smaller crowns and mainsprings located inside. It goes very slowly, but can hold guns and cannons. We quickly militarize this new invention.
>>
>>44026972
OP ;_;
>>
>>44027011
Anyone planning on raiding us better have a backup plan.
>>
>>44026972
Will you share this with your friends and allies?
We would like to adapt it for defensive purposes and navel use.
>>
With the new port and shipward built in cooperation with the people of Nippon, the kingdom of Douze starts to create both a fishing fleet, and a merchant fleet. Sadly, most of these ships are easy prey for the various pirates populating the seas if they lack an escort for Neo-Nippon's Navy.

The people of Douze are ill-suited for violence. To remedy to this problem, the kingdom creates a Foreign Legion. People from all over the island can join it. In it, they will be taught the language of Douze, are given full citizenship, and must endure the brutal training regimen of the group.

Instructors from Neo-Nippon, Greenlands, and Ilu-Xeotl are invited to help train the budding military group.
>>
>>44027444
I accept if my people get cloth at a discount.
>>44027397
Us having a research pact, you get some. These are very heavy, though, and are really only suited to self-defense.
We create the first hot-air balloons.
>>
>>44027519
Well of course, aren't we allies ? You will get all the cloth you need at highly advantageous prizes, same as Neo-Nippon and Ilu-Xeotl. In fact, I'm sure I could arrange for some my clothiers to move in your kingdom if you'll allow them.
>>
>>44027627
Three of my greatest military instructors move to your place, while a spot is made at my trade school for a few of your great clothiers.
>>
>>44027444
We would like to establish a joint North Sea fleet for protection of trade and fishing, included in this would be a shared navel base in Douze.
>>
>>44027968
It is actually a great idea. We already have a port, and with the newly founded Foreign Legion, we will be able to take part in the protection of the trade routes. We'll be looking forward to work with your famed fleet.

The base will be set up in the port of Levant. Thanks to its lively Neo-Nippon community, your men won't be too homesick while on shore leave.
>>
Alright, I'm going to sleep, keep it alive !
>>
>>44028867
I got you.
>>
Anyone else still here?
>>
>>44029095
We're enjoying the sea spray.
>>
Where's OP? You should add natural disasters. Brings in more excitement.
>>
File: k22.jpg (573 KB, 1573x1000) Image search: [Google]
k22.jpg
573 KB, 1573x1000
We build additional shrines and temples for our settlements and cities.

We research applications of Greenland's hot air balloons to signalling and communication between ships and on land.
>>
This looks fun. Wish I got in on it earlier.
>>
>>44030129
Too late, all twelve islands have been used.
>>
We start building a fleet with NN that will explore farther than the island, and perhaps meet other civilization.
>>
>>44031323
Sounds good, which direction? I'm thinking east.
The circumnavigation is currently rounding he west end of the main island. We'd like to contribute our experienced sailors and officers from that to this new expeditionary force.
>>
>>44031710
East it is, let's pile on many cannons, guns, balloons, and one of my war robots to conquer more land. The sails and balloon can be made of Royaume fabric.
>>
When OP comes back, he can tell us how our expedition went.
>>
>>44032858
Yup.

For now given the expedition Neo-Nippon will reduce navel services to other nations with the exception of Douze and focus on the southern home fleet and continuing to support Douze fishing and trading activities in the north.
>>
Wow, thread's going pretty slowly. Is the world other than the islands fantasy like? With elves and other stuff? OP? New Zealand?
>>
File: map_big2.png (7 KB, 1641x1230) Image search: [Google]
map_big2.png
7 KB, 1641x1230
>>44034981
I guess it's a long journey.

Here's map scaled up and b&w for paint doodling.
>>
RIP - My work schedule has been changed. I won't be able to keep this up.
>>
File: soduko.jpg (69 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
soduko.jpg
69 KB, 500x321
>>44035375
>>
>>44035375
We could make a new thread with a new DM. Maybe a new island. Anyone up for that? Anyone up for DMing?
>>
>>44035489
S-Sorry ;-;
>>
>>44035515
I would like a new thread, but I am a shitty DM.
>>
>>44035515
>>44036476
same
>>
>>44035637
It's okay man, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for running OP
>>
What was everyone's future plans?
>>
>>44036741
My endgame was to become an economical, cultural and artistic powerhouse, while relying on my allies to handle the military matters. Havibg three of the strongest countries as allies is a pretty good deterent, don't you think ?

The anatomical studies would have led to a progress in the field of medecine.

My diplomatic plans were to find as much allies as possible to form huge coalition, and then direct them at anyone who dared starting shit with me. Soft power at its finest.
>>
>>44014602
This is just Ireland.
>>
>>44036741
I wanted to take over the rest of the world.
>>
How would you guys feel if I drew up a map, made some descriptions, and started anew? Maybe adding some challenges?
>>
>>44037456
Sure.
>>
>>44037456
Would be great, but I'm am at school plus most giys here are americans so we will have max 3 to 5 people in
>>
>>44037456
I'd play it man
>>
>>44037456
I'm keen
>>
>>44037467
Give me a few hours, I need to write some stuff up, in the meantime, let's start some discussion. How many sections should there be? Should a few of them be other races, like elves?
>>
>>44037494
A world populated by midget races? Gnomes, Kobolds, Goblins, Halflings, etc.
>>
>>44037494
Ten or so seemed big enough to accommodate the number of players, so start off with an island with that many.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.