[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3.5 Race: The Xeph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: xeph.jpg (51 KB, 400x455) Image search: [Google]
xeph.jpg
51 KB, 400x455
This is that Expanded Psionics Handbook race that works real well from a purely mechanical standpoint with their Burst power for speed and their natural psionic ability.
Fluffwise, I guess they are some darkskinned humanoids that run really fast.
"Ethiopians?" one of my players did comment.

No, the Xeph.
>>
File: xeph Copy.png (189 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
xeph Copy.png
189 KB, 638x825
>>44013137
I don't really like the illustrations or the fluff for D&D 3.5, so I'm going to put together my own little booklet for my campaign with my own illustrations and fluff. It won't be good enough for publication, I think, but I'm sure my players will appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of turning the xeph for my campaign setting into a race of psionic monkey people that dwell in some frosty mountains. I think I should try to avoid detailing them too much in case the players decide not to interact with them in any way. If they do end up interacting with or playing as the xeph however, I would like to have something to work with.

So... brainstorming!
>>
>>44013203
Overall aesthetic is a combination of Sun Wukong and Planet of the Apes. Wuxia + post-apocalyptic.

I like to play background music during my games. If the players go to xeph villages, or to xeph neighborhoods in the big city, I'll probably play some Yat-Kha:
https://youtu.be/RPDBDBiaX7E?list=PLCA7D2E202070B233
>>
>>44013203
Guy on the left looks like Sun WuKong
>>
>>44013833
Thanks. I was kind of going for that, but I don't want to hit people over the head with it too much. Might rear it back in the finished drawing.

>>44013331
>>44013203
>>44013137
I'm thinking they need some kind of conflict...

>Dromites
The xeph consider other races to be highly unusual, but they don't mind people coming into their mountains every once in a while to visit the monasteries or the hot springs.
The xeph do have a problem when people come in and try to mine their mountains. There have been some tensions lately with the dromites.

>Half-Giants
Half-giants often migrate from the West to escape the slave-masters of their lands. The kindly xeph are more than willing to aid the half-giants, though doing so invites conflict from the slave-hunters.
>>
>>44013137
Hey, I remember you from that other thread. I'm here to wish you all the best for your project.
>>
Xephs are fine mechanically now? Since when? No one wants to play them.
>>
>>44013331
>Overall aesthetic is a combination of Sun Wukong and Planet of the Apes. Wuxia + post-apocalyptic.
That's a pretty cool take.
>>
>>44019275
That's because they're uggos.
>>
>>44017463
Thanks!

I'm also going to do my own drawings of githyanki, githzerai, half-giants, thri-kreen, maenad, duergar, and elan, along with dusklings, azurin, rilkan, and skarn.

>>44019275
It's because their fluff and art aren't very appealing that their mechanics get overlooked.
>>
>>44013137
My life for Auir
>>
>>44021088
Give them crystal spider robot constructs and teleporters at high levels. Got it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.