[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What I made. We were playing Scion, and I decided to go with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 12
File: whatIplayed.jpg (62 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
whatIplayed.jpg
62 KB, 960x720
>What I made.
We were playing Scion, and I decided to go with a guy based off Porter Rockwell. Lots of bonuses to intimidate like effects and he had two pistols. I basically just wanted to play a scary as hell gunslinger who would wade through bullets.

>What the DM saw.
He couldnt get past the Mormon part, since I based the char off Porter Rockwell. He saw it as pic related or like yandere Flanders

>What I actually played.
I usually play the diplomatic chars in our group and me trying to play a different kind of char left a hole in our group. But I had no diplomacy like skills at all. So I ended up using intimidate a lot. Then the DM started giving me negatives because I shouldn't "be able to intimidate my way through everything".

To which my response was to kill every person who wouldnt take an intimidate check. The idea was that my guy didnt like fighting that much, but if an npc didnt want to play along then we could keep killing npcs until we found one that wanted to.

Anywho, post more of the same. Try to include stories of your char instead of just random pics.
>>
>>44012269
>What I made
A socially retarded wizard, one of the support staff in a prestigious magical academy and the city that is built around it. Had a penchant for organization and tidiness. Despite her inability to interact with others, she enjoyed being helpful and wanted to make people happier.

>What the DM saw
The same thing he sees whenever a wizard is in his game.

>What I actually played
Things went off-track quickly. The DM basically had her advanced in position until she was essentially running the show (despite me explaining why that was a bad idea, he wanted all the party members in positions of power), which she couldn't really deal with. She was terrible at the job because she didn't understand the human element and basically just gave arbitrary orders with no explanations, expecting them to be followed to her extremely specific dimensions and timing. End result, everyone was pissed at her, she was panicking because nobody was listening to her, and she didn't know how to deal with that.

She came to the conclusion that people would be much easier to deal with if they had no choice but to want to listen to her. That way, they would do what she wanted, which was also what was best for them.

It sort of spiralled out of control from there.
>>
File: Fuckyourtime.jpg (124 KB, 1022x396) Image search: [Google]
Fuckyourtime.jpg
124 KB, 1022x396
>What I made.

2nd Ed. Mage, went the Fate and Time route with an Arcadian mage. Not even going to lie, the character start as a flat-out Dresden-expy. The starting cabal were all members of the 3rd Eye P.I. company, making a living using their abilities for financial gain.

>What the DM saw.

Dr. Who. Time Wizard constantly meddling in the affairs of mortals? Must be a whovian.

>What I played.

He started out friendly, but he went very deep into Inquisitor mode very fast when he started abusing his powers for his own ends. Didn't end well for the character, and it turned out he became the BBEG for the whole campaign from the start.
>>
File: I had a seriously retarded GM.jpg (150 KB, 1022x453) Image search: [Google]
I had a seriously retarded GM.jpg
150 KB, 1022x453
L5R: played a ronin, with a daughter

For some reason GM had a whole different notion what samurai were and how ronin behaved, and saw my PC as..well, pic related

What i played:
i just did whatthefuckever
ass-tits-gunfire-dicks-flying out the windows...
>>
File: what i made sarn.png (553 KB, 1196x469) Image search: [Google]
what i made sarn.png
553 KB, 1196x469
>>
File: giantess.png (699 KB, 1022x453) Image search: [Google]
giantess.png
699 KB, 1022x453
>Made
A proud giantess from a viking culture with the power to turn into jello, most often with the intent to drown people in it.
>Saw
Just some frozen north giantess viking raider.
>Played
She was supposed to be suspicious of other people and cultures and have a tenuous grip on social interactions because of language barriers, and particularly interacting with smaller people. Eventually she just became a big dumb oaf that swings axes and cares about "m-muh honor!" while easily being taken advantage of and outsmarted by pretty much everyone. At this point she's borderline retarded.
>>
>>44012269
sounds like your DM's a bit of an asshole
>>
File: arrr.png (377 KB, 1028x452) Image search: [Google]
arrr.png
377 KB, 1028x452
>made
a dwarf geode (geomancer) in tde
>dm saw
he gave all characters a negative trait mine was exhibitionism
>played
a naked wrestler with john cena intro
for some reason every fucking spell i cast goes wrong. for example we were fighting a cave bear
three rounds i prepare my spell and then at the end it just puffs up into smoke. then i had enough and just charged at the bear (i was naked due to exhibitionism... i took my clothes off and the bear woke up because of the ruckus). grabbed him and broke is neck
now everytime i wrestle naked i get a bonus on wrestling. this shit is insane
>>
>>44013472
Sounds intriguing. I'd play with you.
>>
File: peasant shit.png (604 KB, 1226x537) Image search: [Google]
peasant shit.png
604 KB, 1226x537
Pretty self-explanatory rogue shit
>>
>>44012269
I cant wait till Trump purges your kind
>>
File: WIPN.png (797 KB, 1217x534) Image search: [Google]
WIPN.png
797 KB, 1217x534
>What I made:
A Death Cult Assassin for DH. Nico was trained in swords and fanatically loyal to the Emperor in the best way he knew how, by kiling.

>What the DM saw:
Out of everyone in the party, I was most tailored for combat and doing lots of damage at once. DM saw him as a go with the flow, roll well in combat character, so set up the campaign with other people being social in mind.

>What I played:
After expected social characters had a sudden inflammation of full retard, Nico had to step up to the plate the best way he knew how. Citing obscure and probably false Inquisition protocols while enjoying killing too much, Nico went on to obsess over female npcs, cause hospitalized women to cry, ruined an npcs life, and somehow wound up with an arbite's armor and full auto shotgun through no fault of his own.
>>
>What I made
An part-time magician who claimed to be from the future, Booster Gold style. Could accelerate herself and objects in time, moving around the battlefield quickly and could 'fast-forward' her fancy crossbow bolts so they were much harder to dodge. Claimed to be helping the party to improve the future, which involved a great calamity that she couldn't give details about because it might destroy the timeline.

>What the DM saw
A time-travelling do-gooder out to save the world.

>What I played
A loveable dirtbag rogue who screwed over dozens of NPCs over the course of the adventure for entirely selfish reasons. Never betrayed the party but was always on the wrong side of the law for one reason or another. Also, she lied about being from the future, she really just picked up a few obscure spells, a cool-looking crossbow, and ran with it. Ended up making a mint and retiring in luxury after only two years as an adventurer.
>>
>>44015192
Yes, it kind of felt that way for a bit.

It was fun to win anyway though.

>"Really? Negative 5 to my intimidate because Ive used it so often? Well how many bonuses do I get for killing every single motherfucker who didnt want to play ball? It's not even a threat anymore, it's 2+2=4"

We were interrogating a mafia boss who knew all about us. He knew how we had killed every other mafia boss so far in the city. And we ended up killing him and asking his second in command. That guy took the hint.
>>
File: elfyelf.png (694 KB, 1022x510) Image search: [Google]
elfyelf.png
694 KB, 1022x510
>What I made
A scumbag elf thief who has thrown out her since of morality a long time ago and is always contemplating what benefits her in the short-run vs. the long-run

>What the DM saw
Elf wank bait

>What I played
A girl who never really got what she said she wanted (gold, magic items, men) and ended up getting something she really needed, friends who looked out for her.
>>
File: Mutants and Masterminds.png (532 KB, 1200x533) Image search: [Google]
Mutants and Masterminds.png
532 KB, 1200x533
>>44012269
>What I made
A mutated human with super strenght, toughness (read: Powerhouse) and some minor immunities. Also, immunity to aging.

>What the DM saw
The Incredible Hulk. After shenanigans in the game I started to take selfies with defeated enemies and posting on twitter about my exploits.

>What I played
A superstrong human who loves to brawl, punch people and throw very heavy things around. He also loves eating, yet he cannot become fat because of his changed metabolism.
>>
>>44019722
Have you considered a career as a superhero? Also, consider your character concept stolen.
>>
>>44020841
Aw, you flatter me. Have fun with your character!
>>
>>44021272
Thank you and likewise: I most certainly will!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.