[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: Trixiebelle.jpg (64 KB, 916x548) Image search: [Google]
Trixiebelle.jpg
64 KB, 916x548
Where da' Malifaux at?
>>
what is that critter? and are the tits just a lure or can you fuck it?
>>
>>44008591
It's a nymphomaniac hillbilly goblin.
>>
>>44008389
daisy duke goblin?
>>
>>44008591
Paper bags exist for a reason Anon
>>
I'm considering starting Marcus as my next faction.

I already have Swampfiends, so hey!
>>
>>44008389
I'd fix her boots (if y'all know what I mean)
>>
>>44009035

Amusingly enough, I believe if you have her flirt with a non-Gremlin model they're pushed AWAY instead.
>>
Lone Marshal or Pale Rider work better?
>>
>>44009452
depends on what you are trying to do.
Lone Marshal is a harasser, Pale Rider is a late turn tank
>>
>>44009094
Yes, her lure either moves Gremlins closer to her, or everyone else away.
>>
This isn't my first Malifaux set, but I feel like complaining about assembly anyway.
>>
>>44011707
The pain never ends.
>>
Do we have -any- ETA on plastic McTavish?
>>
>>44009452
No one is better at break through than Lone Marshal, so as always it depends on the schemes.
>>
>>44009094
>>44010791
That's pretty hilarious
>>
>>44013627
Lust has kind of a similar thing. She has a (1) Action named "Now Kiss!" that pushes an enemy model into base to base contact with another enemy model. Then both have to make a WP check to not get Slow.
>>
>>44012674
Not yet, but since he wasn't up for pre-sale on Black Friday, earliest would be after several months in next year.
>>
I've read a lot about Yan Lo being pretty awful in Ressers, second-best (or worse) in everything compared to other Masters. Does he fare any better in Ten Thunders, where he's got more unique space?
>>
How do you guys feel about this faction tierlist?

Arcanists
Ressers
Gremlins
Everyone else
Guild
>>
>>44015017
I feel like you put the factions in random positions.
>>
Misaki crew box what should i be buying for her besides yamazoko or whatever her name is?

Also how is the Brewmaster crew?
>>
>>44009056
I know, that one boot is irking the hell out of me.
>>
>>44015863
Brewie's crew feels pretty insular for how it runs.
>>
So did I fuck myself by picking Outcasts as my starting faction?
>>
>>44015017
Guild won the Nythera event, so no.
>>
>>44009452
I donĀ“t know, but model-wise I prefer Pale Rider
>>
>>44017468
Nah, all factions are good. This game is pretty balanced
>>
>>44017487
And won the US national championship.
>>
>>44017744
I have experience with other minis games before I dove into Malifaux.

My first few game with Outcasts went well, but the rest have been me feeling like there's literally nothing I can do. Even in after the fact thinking about the game.

Maybe the Viktorias are just shit, I don't know.
>>
>>44018174

The Viktorias are really good at killing shit but aren't so great at surviving.

Getting another master like Von Shill should help you be more flexible with your crew choices and let you adjust to different schemes that would fuck the Viks over.
>>
>>44018025

Where can I find the winning lists at?
>>
>>44018355
Looks like I accidentally made a good choice then.

I picked up a Von Schill box and Johan when CMON was dumping all their mk 1 stuff. I picked up the necessary arsenal decks too so I actually have the cards needed to play with them.

Next step is to make a facsimile of a Steam Trunk.
>>
>>44015017
Wrong. There isn't much of a tiering but it is as follows;

Neverborn
Arcanists
Outcasts
Ressers
Gremlins
Ten Thunders
Guild
>>
>>44018653

How are Neverborn better than Ramos+Colette?
>>
>>44015863
He's fine. Trixie is basically essential for him in Gremlins due to Ill Omens. A good Pandora counter but really bottom tier I'd say.
>>
>>44018662
Neverborn have the widest selection of great Masters when compared to other factions. Lilith, Pandora, Dreamer, Collodi and Lynch are utterly fantastic. The UK has seen tons of events soloed by just one of these alone.
>>
>>44015017
>>44018653

Why is does everyone have such low opinion of the guild?
>>
>>44019475
My guess is that they see the masters as too one dimensional.
>>
>>44019475

Some guy came in with a Perdita box and crushed all of those anon's spirits.
>>
>>44019475
I'd say a lack of tricks. The top couple of factions in my view are (in part) where they are due to a level of tricks that Guild don't have.
>>44020047
Not at all, anon. My Gremlins have won all of their games against Guild in tourneys this year. Not to say that Guild don't have good Masters. The Ortegas as you mentioned, are nasty. Although I'd find the base box somewhat restrictive in terms of what it can do (low numbers for one). And Sonnia is very nasty - my hardest game this year was against her in close deployment Extraction, which was tough.
>>
Godfuckingdamnit. I just realized, some 4 moths later, that I must've snapped one finger off the firegamin in construction. What the...how..fucking plastic.
>>
>>44020493
The great thing about plastic is that when somethign snaps off you can usually glue it back on.
>>
>>44022215

It's probably lost to the mists of time by now if that anon just noticed it now.
>>
>>44022215
Yeah, not after so much time. I couldn't find Hans' head seconds after it snapped off, so I doubt I'd be able to find the one tiny finger after so many vacuumings (is that even a word?)
>>
>>44018688

Haha, but not Lucius and Zoraida?
>>
Do any of you guys convert your miniatures at all?
I guess for the most part there's a lot of unique individuals and it's not really necessary, but there are some models (gamin, alps etc. etc.) where you're stuck with the same 3 poses.
Maybe it's just me being odd but I hate to have models in duplicate poses.
>>
>>44019475
They are the least subtle faction, so the easiest to figure out what they are doing and counter. Not saying they aren't competitive, the balance in Malifaux is really good.
>>
File: pic2410385.jpg (80 KB, 900x666) Image search: [Google]
pic2410385.jpg
80 KB, 900x666
There are having a box set at my local flags.
What's a good starter set?
>>
File: butt-fuckin.gif (23 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
butt-fuckin.gif
23 KB, 600x253
>>44008389
>that pose
>>
>>44025800
There are a lot of good ones. What faction do you want to play?
>>
>>44026016
Totally knew to the game so I don't have much idea other then how each faction is based loosely on a tarot/card suit.

although there is more then 4 of them so i guess they're a doubles.
>>
>>44026649
Alright, well, quick faction rundown fluffwise. The suits thing dates back to the beginning of first edition, it doesn't really apply now.

Guild: Tyrannical rulers of Malifaux on the Human side. Mostly concerned with stability and profit. Gameplay wise they tend to be straightforward and unsubtle, but high damage.

Ressers: Assorted crazies dabbling in necromantic powers. For gameplay a lot of them rely on summoning, or bringing in more models onto the field. Some more than others.

Arcanists: Magical teamsters, they're interested in undermining the Guild's authority and lining their pockets by smuggling Soulstone, the primary export from Malifaux. Gameplay-wise they have a good mix of tricks and high damage.

Neverborn: The native inhabitants of Malifaux, trying to kick out those damn dirty humans. Huge variety of playstyles, and some of the strongest Masters in the game.

Ten Thunders: Pan-Asian crime syndicate gunning to make Malifaux their own. Infiltrates into other factions and can take stuff from them. Great variety in unit availability for a given master, but there isn't a lot of overlap with each other.

Outcasts: Various weirdos, psychos, and visionaries who don't fit into the other factions. Has masters as straightforward as katana-wielding punk girls and german mercenaries, to an angry murderghost, to a god of plague, to a guy whose immortality relies on him hanging out with younger women.

Gremlins: Also natives of malifaux, but more interested in protecting their specific territory and trading with Humans when it benefits them. Mostly Cajuns/Hillbillies in stereotype. A lot of their tricks rely on them hurting themselves for huge bonuses.
>>
>>44026805
Oh thanks cool.

Arcanists I guess sound coolest. A bunch of rebel street magicians is pretty bad ass.
>>
Have any of you played the RPG?
>>
>>44026965
Alright. The best starter for them is probably Ramos, who has a couple of huge beatsticks and the ability to summon mechanical spiders to do his bidding. You could also get away with Mei Feng, who's Arcanist and Ten Thunders. Mei Feng is mostly about leading rail workers, setting people on fire and beating peoples' faces in. I'd look at the two boxes and see which one grabs you more from an aesthetic perspective.
>>
>>44027002
Yep. Got questions about it?
>>
>>44027035
I guess mostly how does it play? I was always fascinated with the magical horror western themes it has.
>>
>>44027021
okay i'd check them out thanks.
>>
Is there a place that sells individual Malifaux models? There's a few I'd like to get, but don't want to buy whole sets for them.
>>
>>44027051
It's interesting. Players have their own decks of cards that they have a hand of just for the purposes of Cheating Fate. Characters are created based on a tarot of six cards (which also gives you a vaguely spooky fortune to define their fate with). Enemies don't flip cards, instead they have defined values based on their stats and rank for attacking and defending.

There's a few problems with it, like any game system. I know people who've complained about secondary stats usually being pretty weak, and the randomness of chargen. There are also issues with skills progressing pretty quickly, especially if your players are devoted to upping one skill to the detriment of others (somewhat mitigated by how the game tells you to do skills, but as a GM i'm way too lazy for that).

Overall, it's a fun system.
>>
>>44027223

Not really. There's a few dudes who chop up crew boxes into individual models on ebay, but that's sort of hit or miss.

What are you looking for?
>>
>>44018662
They aren't. Ramos is back breaking. Colette ruins friendships.

Neverborn are middle of the pack now. Anyone saying otherwise is mistaken.
>>
>>44017487
I'm pretty certain they cheated. The amount of points they gained the last few weeks was complete bullshit
>>
>>44017468
Leveticus is top tier. Hamelin is a walking npe. Jack Daw is the definition of bullshit. The rest of their masters are solid, except maybe the viks. They're one trick ponies, tough it's a really good trick
>>
>>44027821

>Hamelin is a walking npe

What's that supposed to mean?

Also I'm curious how Jack Daw is bullshit. Not that I don't believe you so much as I rarely see anyone talk about him.
>>
>>44014001
He's perfectly competitive, but more so in thunders than resurs.

People are hyperbolic, he's maybe the worst in the game but he's still capable of winning, especially with a good pilot. He's all about movement and positioning, which is the most important part of the game. He might not kill well or buff but he's amazing at board control.
>>
>>44027884

Negative Play Experience. Hamelin can do ridiculous shit with spawning rats and completely overwhelming you with activations to prevent you from doing anything actually harmful to his list.
>>
>>44027884
Negative Play Experience. A good Hamlin player makes your opponent want to quit the game.

Jack is capable of shutting down most models in the game. He's hard as hell to unlock but when you've seen someone use him right it's crazy.

He is all about dictating what your opponent can do. He brings a nasty loco bomb. He can hire nurses, which are the most broken model in the game.

You don't play him into reckoning or anything, but he's almost an auto win in things like turf war, and your enemies end up wasting so much effort on positioning that it gives you a real edge
>>
>>44027961
>>44027986

Huh, didn't realize running Hamelin was such a dick move. I picked up his metal crew box for cheap since I'm a sucker for deals and figured getting an Obedient Wretch and the Brotherhood of the Rat box would more or less make his list complete.
>>
>>44028054
He's no where near as bad as he was in 1.5, I wouldn't say he's an NPE now, but he's still really strong.
>>
>>44028054

It's not inherently WAAC to play Hamelin. You could even do a list focused on his non-rat elements if you wanted.
>>
>>44028054
He's not a total Dick in shoes. He's just got the capability of being a one man fuckfest. A smart opponent will play around his garbage. A bad one will swear and cry.
>>
Getting Colette starter set since I liked her from 1st edition.

What should I know about her?
>>
Jesus, almost snapped the head off one of Collodi's dolls due to its splinter-thin neck.
>>
>>44029637
Prompt everything, claim victory.
>>
For real, Collodi's marionettes are terrifying to assemble.
>>
Newbie here!
Decided to go pick up Tara Herald of Obliteration after christmas. Now I want to know what else are good buys to start my Malifaux adventure.
>>
>>44035331

Check out SpiralingCadaver's "Sounds of Silence - Tara and Obliteration Tactics" blog entry. This is a giant wall of text, and as a newbie don't expect to absorb everything it has to say. But this is a pretty damn good guide to Tara and list possibilities.
>>
>>44026805
>masters as straightforward as katana-wielding punk girls
I don't know if I would call them straightforward, at least in a game play perspective.
>>
>>44035455
Hmm, after listening to the podcast in which he discusses Tara, they seem very unique but it doesn't sound like what I wanted out of such a big monster.

I had envisioned a lumbering Cthulu behemoth slavering crazy saliva over all the opponents little guys.
Does a Master who can bring a big monster like that exist?
>>
File: The Dreamer's Crew.jpg (219 KB, 1584x1166) Image search: [Google]
The Dreamer's Crew.jpg
219 KB, 1584x1166
>>44037461
Well, there's Lord Chompy Bits.
>>
>>44037525
And we are back to him again, I asked a similiar question here 3-4 months ago.

Well he has the biggest baddest monster and all the minis look absolutely baller!

The Dreamer it is! Any recommendations for henchmen?
>>
>>44037807
Widow Weaver
>>
File: WYR20412-Dopple.jpg (137 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
WYR20412-Dopple.jpg
137 KB, 1024x682
>>44038839
Cool model! Really fits with Chompy and the weird human multiple eye thing going on!

Last time someone listed Teddy and Beckoners as must buys.
I guess they also play into his theme?

I have a problem figuring out what's a good/bad buy since I haven't played the game nor do I know the rules for the Dreamer.

Is pic related also a good choice?
>>
Howard Langston in the Arcanists is as killy as anything the dreamer can bring, and requires less hoop jumping. Bring him with Ramos for reactivate or Colette for prompt and drink the tears.
>>
>>44039064
Or bring him with Leveticus and get banned from your gaming group.
>>
>>44039153
I think he's not needed in leveticus. You're killy enough as is, you need scheme runners and mid level hitters. He's fantastic, but there's no synergy to justify that huge cost.
>>
>>44039054
Doppelganger goes in every list. She turns into a second whatever or steals enemy powers AND she lets you cheat initiative.
>>
>>44039278
Neato! So I have a clear list of what to expand into!
Dreamer Box, Widow Weaver, Doppelganger, Teddy and Beckoners.
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>44035780
They slingshot into melee, pull other models into the fight and stab faces. They're not straightforward like 90% of warmachine models, but compared to most things in Malifaux they're simple Simon.

I think lady j, Von Schill and Misaki are similar in comparison. You're playing Tricky Shit: The Game. Walking in and hitting something is still walking in and hitting something
>>
>>44039321
If you're playing melee dreamer, you're good to start, though you might want something to run schemes.

If you're going for summoning, you'll need stuff that doesn't exist yet
>>
>>44039349
Coolio!
What would be a good buy to run schemes?
>>
>>44039443
Insidious Madness once they have a general release. Or just use some GW horrors of tzeentch as proxies.
>>
>>44039475
Okay, I guess I'll wait for the realese. I don't want to support GW in any fashion these days.
>>
>>44039622
In the meantime, terror tots would not be a bad addition.
>>
>>44039639
Never buy models that come in a crew box, just buy the crew box.
>>
>>44039670
True dat
>>
>>44039670
That would be Liliths starter correct?
Jesus... Starting this game is more expansive than Infinity...
If I want to run very basic lists what was listed before would suffice yes?

Second question, does Lilith get to use the other stuff I listed as expansions for The Dreamer?
>>
>>44039793
Teddy, WW, and doppelganger are all universally useful. Beckoners are really come into their own in lynch/brilliance crews. I'd leave them off your buy list for now.
>>
>>44039981
And yes, tots come in the lilith box.
>>
>>44039981
Okay, seems reasonable.
But I'll hold off on the Lilith box since I wan't to learn one Master good enough before I continue.
>>
What is summoner Dreamer's gameplan in general, anyway? Does he go early and work on bringing in heavier hitters while your list building focuses on scheme runners?
>>
>>44039793
>>44040134
Do mind that >>44039321 is not a Basic list, having all this is enough to have variance in gameplay unlike some list-building in infinity.
>>
>>44040134
The only reason it's suggested to buy crew boxes is because it's more cost effective in the long run. A box of tots costs about half the cost of the whole crew and you'll never need more than three. Barbados is also only available in the box and he's pro. He makes a lot of lists.

Dreamer is just honestly a costly guy to run. My Ramos list, for example, is the box plus a single character.
>>
Have we seen any sign of plastic Stitched Together yet?
>>
>>44041220
Summoner dreamer's job is to put ungodly pressure on your opponent. He summons expensive, high octane models that crazy work done and even though they come in on one wound, he has plenty of healing tricks. Your opponent needs to deal with them, FAST, or lose control completely. Either your opponent spends actions cleaning up your free summons or you pig pile the board.

The game is all about action economy. You have a limited number of actions throughout the game. If your opponent isn't spending theirs earning points, you win. Dreamer is, imho, the second or third top generator in the game.
>>
>>44041414
Nope
>>
>>44041441

Strangely I've seen Reddit put Ulix ahead of him.
>>
Does anyone have the pdf for the role playing game?
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (827 KB, 1200x1458) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
827 KB, 1200x1458
The cutest little fishmen.
>>
>>44041305
I see. So that would basically mean that I cover most bases and list building needs for the Dreamer then?

>>44041336
That makes sense. Might aswell get some more options when getting your minis.

Thanks a bunch for helping me venture into Malifaux people!
>>
>>44041471
Firstly, Reddit is pretty bad at this game.

Secondly, Ulix is really good too. He summons piglets like a champ, places them anywhere on the board with the pigapult, and then they eat scheme markers for free and place scheme markers at a zero. Shot in the Rear is a ridiculous ability and I've used to kill a trap, a pathfinder, a death marshal, and then put some damage on Sonnia before I even activated my pig. His defense is pro, but he dies pretty hard to AoE unless you bring Merris. He wants so much stuff but has trouble fitting it all into the list. He's great at pretty much any strategy and scheme you want to play him into, though. Be wary of willpower duels.

Now, whether Dreamer or Ulix is a better master is totally up for debate. If you're strictly looking at summoning capabilities, Dreamer wins by a lot. Ulix can support his summons better, but he only summons chaffe (Warpigs are a win-more summon, honestly).
>>
>>44041621
The one with the ugly stick is kind of cute even though you know for sure he wants to stave your skull in with it and carry away your wimmen folk.
>>
>>44041907

What kind of model pool do you like for Ulix? I imagine you've found models you've preferred.
>>
File: not proud but will fap.webm (79 KB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
not proud but will fap.webm
79 KB, 352x200
>>44008389
>that pose
>that ass
>that camel toe
and this is why I have a short stack folder
>>
>>44042022
I tend to run the following list (I drop it into most Ulix games--I'll bring Wong otherwise)

Ulix
-Husbandry
-Hunting Bow

Old Major
-Corn Husks

Gracie
-Saddle

Slop Hauler

Pigapult

Trixiebelle

This is off the top of my head, I don't think I missed anything though. I also tend to play very elite gremlin crews.
>>
>>44041931
Why would he carry away womenfolk? They have only 2 tits, unlike the broodmother with like, 20.
>>
>>44042166

Nice. Not big on The Sow? Or is it the lack of a model.
>>
>>44042225
Lack of a model, honestly. She's bonkers. I don't know what I'd take out for her though. It's a tough choice, but I'm pretty sure she's going in.
>>
Is it better to hire Coppelius as summoner Dreamer, or hope to summon him? I'm leaning towards the former, since even if you give him Wings you can more than easily summon 10ss worth of stuff.
>>
File: 2015-12-07 19.27.51.jpg (135 KB, 404x479) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07 19.27.51.jpg
135 KB, 404x479
>>44023770
Here is a potato pic of a converted Necropunk I made
>>
>>44042363
The best idea, imho, is to hire cheap models and summon big ones. The key to making a summoner worth their weight is to maximize the work getting done. Summoning scheme runners tends towards bad return on investment, especially since they can't scheme in their first turn.
>>
>>44042706
On the other hand, hiring beaters and summoning scheme runners is less hand dependant.
>>
File: railgolem.jpg (358 KB, 724x774) Image search: [Google]
railgolem.jpg
358 KB, 724x774
>>44023770
I diddn't like the rail golem model too much and I had some spare gamin so I made this.
>>
>>44042869
I did preface with imho. It's a matter of preference
>>44042948
This is awesome
>>
>>44043334
Sorry if I came as dismissive of tor post, both are definately valid approaches to crew building for dreamer.
>>
>>44042948
That is a really cool conversion.
>>
>>44043965
No worries. I'm not an expert on dreamer by any means, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting on airs
>>
Lots of great Dreamer talk overall. I'm planning on picking him up once Madnesses and the Nephilim Twins see normal release, so I'm hyped.
>>
>>44044158
People complain about the twins but I don't buy the tears. They bring survivability to the table. Way harder to take out than anything short of tree people
>>
>>44044274

Maybe they're lackluster for 14ss, but summon them in and they'll practically heal themselves back to full. Then they can go do what they do.
>>
I really like this game but trying to assemble certain models is seriously an absolute nightmare, some of these parts have no right to be a separate piece
>>
Kinda looking at the models listed below, and since it's easier to buy McM's crew...

Kirai: Datsue-ba, Gakis, Izamu, Hanged, Shikome, Night Terrors, Nurse, Flesh Construct, The Drowned

Molly (Spirit): Graveyard Spirit, Izamu, Shikome, The Hanged, Drowned, Night Terrors, Datsue-Ba, Seishin, and Onryo

Molly (Horror): Madam Sybelle, Punk Zombies, Crooligans, Yin, Killjoy, the Drowned and University of Transmortis.

...is there anything else recommended to buy for him to use?
>>
>>44045681
More canine remains and a rogue necromancy
Rafkin and guild autopsies when they are out.
>>
>>44045681
Rogue necromancy
Rotten belles
>>
>>44046477
>>44046491

Thanks. Funny how it goes; you find one or two Masters you like then suddenly you're buying half the faction.
>>
>>44047241
That's why you should never start 10T.
>>
>>44047332

I do really like Shenlong. I just dunno if it'd be worth buying a bunch of shit solely for him.
>>
>>44047446
I think Shenlong would be considered the least offender in the faction. He's not a gateway master into another faction.
>>
>>44047552

Yeah, but I mean Shenlong the faction doesn't seem worth the investment.
>>
>>44047332
Or Outcasts. Levi, Tara, and Jack have so many potential cross faction hires that you'll end up owning a third of the Arcanist faction and, basically, half of Ressers if you get into them too deeply.
>>
>>44047552
Shenlong is a gateway into all the other 10T masters, so it's like starting with one of them except with a whole extra crew box (and probably some archers) on top of it.
>>
File: 1448650873131.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448650873131.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>44047853

Don't forget Hamelin can hire Crooligans and Candy, Kade, and Kiggy.

I made a mistake of starting Ressers first, got Hamelin cheap, and now I'm eyeing Tara since I always wanted her and Aionus is in the mail as we speak.

At least when I die they can bury me in a pile of my own undead minis.
>>
Just got my BF order delivered.
Holy shot, dat ass on the new silent one sculpt.
>>
>>44048589

Nice. This is my first Wyrd BF; do they email when they ship your items?
>>
>>44048689
Yes they do, I just got an email saying my order has been shipped, sometimes they are a bit late with it though, last year one of my orders arrived before the shipping email did.
>>
>>44048745

Alright, thanks. I figure they must be terribly busy, I just like to have an idea of when my stuff's in-transit.
>>
>>44048589
Pic related
>>
>>44049724
That Silent One and an LE performer for an Ice Dancer proxy is gonna make the hottest Rasputina crew.
>>
>>44049876
Only if you have the metal alt sculpt Raspy to go along with them
>>
The gaps on Bad Juju are pretty nasty, especially since most of them go through texture.
>>
What's a good Misaki list?
>>
>>44050258

Build a good TT/Outcasts list and then add Misaki.
>>
>>44050858
>Build a good TT/Outcasts list
That isn't overly reliant on soulstone usage
>>
>>44049724
Daaaaaaaaaamn.
>>
I'm having trouble unlocking Jack Daw. I keep getting him killed, and I'm having trouble killing my opponent's models.

Any advice?
>>
>mfw the two factions I want to play are TT and Outcasts
>mfw the masters for the first are Lynch and Brewie
>mfw the masters for the second are Tara and Leve

I'm going to end up owning literally everything, halp.
>>
>>44050258
In Outcasts, I would go Wretch + Rats + Torakage + Librarian + Trapper + your call.

Wretch + Rats will let Misaki and everything else activate late in the turn which makes them much safer, Misaki + Survivalist + Librarian might actually not die, and the Torakage and Trapper are just solid minions.

Then you still have stones to double up on any of those models, bring something like Lazarus or A&D to take some heat off Misaki and your minions, hire Yamaziko to let your ninjas smoke bomb around, or whatever other thing seems good.
>>
>>44045681
Honestly don't start with so many stuff.
I'll usually recommend buying 1 or 2 boxes (unless you start with Kirai) first and then play the game, if you know the game you'll learn what minions you enjoy using.
If you start the good doctor I'll recommend a Flesh construct and the canine remains for the first couple of games.
>>44052348
Well all of them also have a very capable thematic Crew (and enough of these to reach 50) so you can easily first start with them and slowly expand later when you know what you want in your playstyle
>>44050258
Depends on the schemes.
But as Misaki is pretty independant, doesn't grant or requires a high amount of Support compared to other master go wild with your Crew.
For her thematic Crew pushes having some pushes in the form of the sensei or oirans is good, pulling misaki out of combat or the torakage into situation they like.
Her master is has a situational tool for Setting up assassinations.

Also dreamer.
The Dreamer can be played two ways (or more accurate can be focused two ways; as a summoner he might still use the Lord).
Either you play him as a support summoner, summoning shit, healing them and fasten them and paralyzing Targets. Or as a fighter making use of Lord Chompy Bites, messing with other models and a stronger focus on paralyzing. (Widow Weaver goes good with him with her WP decrease)
His general playstyle focus around mobility, support through healing, buffs or summoning and paralyzing with some opportunity to release Lord Chompy.
For thematic Expansion I'll recommend Widow Weaver for WP decrease and the Teddy for beatstick and another summoning Option.
Also don't think of a playstyle only making use of 1 ability, the summoner dreamer might often decide not to summon to both keep his healing high and instead paralyze a fucker.
>>44048589
Location?
>>
File: 1449523017456.jpg (118 KB, 635x621) Image search: [Google]
1449523017456.jpg
118 KB, 635x621
How much payola is the average investment in Malifaux to be able to have fun / play every 'mode' or whatever, paint and other auxiliaries included?
>>
>>44052913
Maybe two $40 crew boxes and around four or five other boxes at $10-20 if you're not playing a summoner. So somewhere between $100-200.

That's for two masters and a decent amount of flexibility in building your lists. You could start with just one or two boxes if you just want to try the game, but you'd be playing smaller games and won't have as many options building your crew.

Paint and basing material depends so much on personal preference that I can't really say.

As a sanity check, the M&SU starter + Smoke & Mirrors starter + Mech. Rider + Metal Gamin + Electrical Creation + Arcane Effigy + Steam Arcachnids will let you play two masters quite competitively, and totals $158 at thewarstore. You could add the Coryphee and December Acolyte boxes if you can afford more, and really just the M&SU box + Electrical Creation + Arachnids + any other box will let you play Ramos pretty well if you want to spend less.
>>
>>44053233
Thanks. I thought it was less, it seems to be nearer a WH40k starter pack. I like the skirmish concept though.
>>
>>44053267

In fairness, in malifaux the price gets you a 'complete' army that plays at all the normal point levels. A 40k starter box often isn't even enough for low level games.
>>
>>44052745

Any advice for Brewie in TT? Most of the models he wants are Gremlin, it looks like, but since he can take the upgrade to hire them in TT, I guess a good normal list for him would be, what, him, that upgrade, fingers and wesley, whiskey golem? Should one take fermented river monks, moon shinobi, or both? What about non-tri chi models?
>>
>>44053566

Addendum: is the Shadow Emissary worth taking with him? I know the model's not out yet, but my group allows proxies.
>>
>>44053581
He loses Trixiebelle in TT, which means no cheating initiative to always put drinking contest up on the first activation in the turn.

I honestly can't really think of anything amazing in TT that he can't take in Gremlns. Maybe Yu with Wandering River to send more models into the drunkbubble?

I would look at Yu and Lust for their movement shenanigans, Yin for another tarpit model that will appreciate Wp debuffs, and maybe just Thunder Archers because they can shoot the models Brewie and/or Yin are locking down without randomizing.
>>
>>44053566
>>44053581
Brewie has two great focuses and a range of smaller ones.
First is debuffer, using poison to deal a low amount of damage but most importantly deny the enemy Actions, and lower his WP, this denial can also be expanded on with his target card discard and his exceptional debuff through swill.
His second Focus is as an enabler, using obey to make more moves and attacks, or otherwise grant a situational heal.
Having said that I'll discuss his thematic Crew first as he does like his thematic Crew for different reasons.
Fingers is a superb scheme runner, can heal models reliably and put poison on any target.
Moon Shinobis can hit reliable, put poison on Targets even more reliable and can push themselves around insanely but do mind they take poison damage. They are your reliable damage minion.
The Whiskey Golem is a big beatstick, take him if you want to destroy things and still fling poison around, but do mind he is still fragile.
Wesley is a good totem, giving out poison in a pitch and can take leader Action easily, furthermore he is insurance if you play a forward brewmaster.
The Fermented Rivermonks are finess models, having a wide range of cool shit they can pull off, some really cool attacks and poison even if they miss but besides auto-poison they have no mentworthy defense (but they are cheap).
Fingers and moon shinobis help him denial better but he doesn't really help them much as fingers help the moon shinobis enough if they needed, but he does like using both of them for their own virtues.
Fermented River Monks enjoy him more as they can be loaded up on poison earlier and gain much from poison.
Now for list building:
I usually go with brewie, fingers and wesley with Upgrades and Cache for a 20 Points core.
Now depending on what I need or I feel like I either add thematicmodels or other models.
>>
>>44054065

How do your opponents view games against Brewie? Just curious if people find him frustrating.
>>
>>44054065
Add Moon if you want more fighty reliable minions who can become fast if needed.
Add Whiskey Golem if you want more poison and a beatstick.
Add Fermented River if you want to have a plethoria of attacks (some hard hitting others not).
Having one or two Fermented River Monks works great with moon shinobis are they can work as anchor to be pulled too.
Now for TT models and other he loves.
First his WP decrease makes some abilities easier to land.
Yin and her WP attacks become auto-hits, Ama can becomes harder to hit, the oirans can actually lure now, and lastly even Illuminated Horror becomes great.
Otherwise he uses his obey for maximum effect, having the lone swordmen kill his target off where he otherwise would have died is always a great feeling and they are also a great range of good beatstick within TT who can gain much from obey.
Mentworthy here are the Samurais, with swill on the target taking the Gatling Actions without the upgrade does help ensure they do not miss.
Lastly you have 3 other models which is worth having a look into.
Chiaki is a condition remover and great debuffer.
First having condition removing is always good but with her you might remove poison where you don't really need those pesky 1 damage.
Then there is the Shadow Emissary. He helps the crew by either getting more scheme markers on the table but also by ensureing that even if the someone manage to make the Brewmasters duel, he still misses him.
The last models are Oirans. These models have lure,a reason alone to take him otherwise they support, can deal small amount of damage (even with poison!). But do mind who carries their free upgrade.
The sensei fits in any TT Crew for most part and the brewmaster is no exception, giving the brewmaster more poison and furthermore the ability to force a dual granting more negative Flips.
>>
>>44054234
Lastly there is a mercenary model.
Performers are some of the best models for scheme fuckery, removing and placing them with impunity. But for the brewmaster they are also good for dealing the full poison damage, a Thing currently lacking in a brewmaster force as besides the brewmaster (and the sensei) himself noone cares about the target poison value.
>>44054182
Some of my mates really hate the "take a Wp 15 test to do anything" but the low range makes it ok for most People.
What they really dislike is Yin with even more WP decrease.
But common census is that it isn't as annoying by far as the futility against trying to stop the ever growing Nicodem force or the rats of Hamelin
>>
>>44054267
>the futility against trying to stop the ever growing Nicodem force

FUCKING FUCK

HERES A PUNK ZOMBIE, AND ANOTHER PUNK ZOMBIE, AND OH LOOK ITS THE HANGED HERE TO BE SPOOKY

WHATS THAT, YOU FINALLY KILLED ONE OF MY 9001 HARD TO WOUND BASTARDS

HAVE A FLESH CONSTRUCT

fuck off nicodem
>>
>>44053267
I have tons of fun with the 4 crews i have and half-dozen merc models.

At this point, you could buy the 2-player starter and one of the boxes and have 2 entry crews to play against each other and 1 decent crew you could maybe pad out to 50SS if you needed to. That's like <$100
>>
Could anyone fill me in on lore?

I've read some of the books and what's the Red Cage?
>>
>>44054854
IIRC, it's the red meteor that precipitated the first Avatars manifesting from 1E.
>>
>>44054929
Thanks, though is there anywhere I could read up on more fluff?
>>
So I'm looking at the Bayou Bushwackers, and they seem pretty awesome. Should I get the box to go along with my Kin and Brewmaster?
>>
>>44055191
Just get the crewbox?
>>
>>44055542
Sorry, that's what I meant. You would recommend it then, and is Trixiebell good in a brewmaster crew?
>>
>>44055863

Trixie is pretty good in most gremlin crews.

I hear she's especially amazing in Wong after he makes her gun magical.
>>
>>44055937
That's good to hear, because I also just purchased Wong's crew box on impulse after watching Big Trouble in Little China.
>>
>>44053267
To reaffirm, the price this guy has given you ist he price for two competitive TOURNAMENT lists with variation. I could follow his buying advice and go win an event.

If you're looking for the bare bones, "What does it take to play a 50 point game?"" kind of answer, you can do it for 50 to 75 with most masters, before paints and such.
>>
>>44055863
The trixieelle box is a hard sell for most people, as bushwhakcers are considered overcosted and Maah is not as easy to use as most gremin masters.

That said, Trixie goes with every master. I've never put Glowy on her as I usually put it on Mancha Roja but I'm sure it could work on her. I tend to spend more time with her scheming and luring so I don't know when I'd want to shoot with her.
>>
>>44054761
Well stop leaving corpse markers everywhere.

>>44057166
He did say "play every mode", so I assumed that included a 50ss tournament list (and tried to stress that there are easier and cheaper ways to start if you just want to try a few games).
>>
>>44058128
Totally. Hence the 'reaffirming' bit.
>>
>>44058128
I wasn't leaving any, he was creating them with his bloody dog hiding behind 7000 skeletons
>>
Does anyone know a decent Malifaux 2e crew creator online? All the ones I can find are for first edition. I was told that Wyrd had an updated one, but the page on their site for it doesn't work, and hasn't for some time, and I'm getting annoyed at having to flip through books and write down cards every time I want to theory up a list.
>>
File: aliens-nukefromorbit.gif (1 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
aliens-nukefromorbit.gif
1 MB, 400x218
>>44058326
Well start playing Sonnia.
>>
>>44058431

http://www.bythetree.net/
>>
>>44058491
god that is an ugly laylout
>>
>>44058326
What were you playing? Maybe we can give you some advice so you don't choke on undead.
>>
Rate me /tg/.

Outcasts
50ss Crew

Leveticus -- 5ss
+Pariah Of Iron - 1ss
+Survivalist - 1ss

Hollow Waif x 2 - 0ss

Desolation Engine - 13ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss

Freikorps Trapper - 6ss

Howard Langston - 12ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss

Teddy - 11ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
>>
>>44058431
The Malifaux Companion app for Android is pretty good, although maybe not very helpful if you're looking for an online one.
>>
>>44058718

Yeah, I don't have an Android, I have a windows phone. >>44058491 's link is being very helpful, though.
>>
>>44058686
Why are you taking Survivalist on Levi? You don't even have a way to heal him, and Hard to Kill is wasted if he's usually going to be killing himself anyway.

Melee beaters are questionable as anchors, since they need to be pretty far upfield which puts your waifs in greater danger. Howard, with his Nimble AP, is especially likely to leave his Waif way too far behind.

Teddy on the other hand is actually kind of slow, and even with all his defensive abilities his super low printed Df means he can get shot to hell before he ever actually engages anything.

The Desolation Engine is cool if you can summon it, but not really worth it as a hire. Why not Ashes & Dust instead?

The Trapper also has a few problems anchoring, since it limits how much use you can get out of From the Shadows.

Your list is really just too elite. The Waifs add activations but you only really have five models that do anything, and you haven't taken Desolate Soul on Levi or Alyce to summon in Aboms.

I could see maybe taking something like this in Turf War or Reckoning with really killy schemes, but I think you're way too committed to melee beaters and will have trouble positioning your anchors and against anything that you shoot you up before Teddy and the DE can engage.
>>
>>44058556

It's ugly, but it works.
>>
What do you think of this Lynch TT list, /tg/?

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Jakob Lynch -- 3ss
+The Rising Sun - 2ss
+Woke Up With A Hand - 2ss
+Wanna See A Trick - 1ss

Hungering Darkness - 0ss
+Addict - 1ss

Beckoner - 7ss

Mr. Graves - 8ss

Mr. Tannen - 6ss

Stitched Together - 6ss

Tengu - 4ss

The Illuminated - 7ss

Wastrel - 4ss
>>
>>44058880
The idea behind Survivalist was to help deal with the low activation number, but you're right that it doesn't really help him. I'd misremembered part of that card anyway. The trapper's main job is waif-babysitting, since yeah, any of those models is just going to straight ditch the waif at the first opportunity.

The reason I picked DE over A&D was because I would never ever take this list in anything but Turf War, and A&D is probably never going to reform if he's killed in the center of the board. DE on the other hand drops two Aboms right next to himself when he dies, and Levi's melee trigger can make more. That was the logic, anyway, it might end up being smarter to move some upgrades around/add Alyce and focus on summoning the DE rather than hiring it outright.

As for Teddy, he's slow, but he's got some movement tricks from Gobble you up.

So, yeah, it ends up being more of a shock list than actually effective, which is what I kind of expected.
>>
>>44058975
Why not more illuminated?

The addict upgrade seems a little underused
>>
>>44059109

Well, what would i want to drop for more illuminated? I could drop the wastrel and tengu, but the tengu provides good scheme running and anti-scheme tech, and the wastrel's another source of ace recycling. I could drop graves or tannen or the stitched otgether? The latter's most likely, but i've had a friend who says they're some of the most cost-effective models in the game when it comes to killing things, thanks to Gamble With Your Life.
>>
>>44058975

What sort of scenarios are you expecting to use the list in? What roles do you see your model selections playing?
>>
>>44059135

As far as scenarios, I'm trying to make sort of an all comers list; I don't own any Malifaux models yet and my income is limited, so I'm trying to start by buying enough models to run 1 fifty point list that will work in most scenarios.

Lynch does Lynch things, recycling the hand and being an anchor for the Darkness. Huggy's a beatstick that's hard to legitimitely completely kill; the Beckoner helps with schemes and applying Brilliance. Graves and Tannen provide a beatstick/control combination with synergy between them, the Together is another beater that also helps with card/hand advantage. The Tengu runs schemes and gets rid of enemy scheme markers; the Wastrel's more recycling through Lynch and a bit of healing/versatility, and the Illuminated provides more Brilliance to people and is a good beater too.
>>
>>44059134
Tannen is kinda situational.
>>
>>44059214

It should be fine for a starter list, as you have plans in mind.

Are you buying McCabe's box to get the Wastrels? I don't know if they got their own box. It might be worth running another Tengu instead for money reasons, depending.
>>
>>44059414

I figure I can probably find someone selling just the wastrel on ebay, since that's where I tend to find a lot of things like that; otherwise I'll probably proxy it. I play TTB and plan to buy a character mini box to make some of my PCs, I can always use spare bits from there to make a legal proxy, right? I seem to remember that's allowed?
>>
>>44059476

I think that since the Wastrels are legally and easily available a proxy would be frowned upon at something like a tournament. For casual play it shouldn't bother anyone though.
>>
>>44059528

Looking at official rules, it looks like one can use the TTB multi-part model kits to make Malifaux proxies and it is 100% legal, since the rules are they have to be at least 2/3rds Wyrd parts and must be clearly visible as what they are representing, so I think I dodged a bullet there at least.
>>
>>44059674

Works for me.
>>
>>44059528
>>44059674
You could also try to pick up a Miss Anne Thrope at some point.

Or buy Desperate Mercs. They look pretty good, and no one will ever think you're actually running them as Desperate Mercs because oh god, why?
>>
So me and my friends are playing Malifaux pretty often and I'm thinking I'll be getting my own crew.

How would this look? For reference, my usual opposition includes a Ramos construct-heavy beater crew, a Molly crew using Valedictorian and something else, another Rezzer crew using Nicodem, and a Perdita shooty Guild crew. We have a lot of terrain to play with to build both structures and difficult terrain (and a gallows. It's actually great).

Von Schill
-Survivalist
-The Shirt Comes Off
-Oath Keeper

Steam Trunk

Hannah
-Ancient Tomes

Freikorps Librarian

Freikorps Specialist
-Scramble

Freikorps Trapper

Freikorpsmann
Freikorpsmann

Thoughts? Outside of Howard and Joss, the Valedictorian, and Perdita's gang, my pals don't have a lot of direct damage going so I should be able to do some fun things with the Librarian and Hannah and my troops having so much maneuverability.
>>
Hm. Teddy with Dreamer: yes or no? it's thematic but I worry about Teddy's tendency to get focused down. Summoning him is hardly reliable, as well.
>>
>>44059968
Yeah that'll work
Depending on the scheme and other force you might move some upgrades around.
Oathkeeper against resser are good on the specialist and the librians.
Von Schill also loves the know the terrain for charges through building but this depends on the terrain and the relentless one might save your bacon later.

Another model you might want later are Lazarus and the Strongarmsuit but keep that in mind for later.
>>
File: 1449243499209.gif (79 KB, 350x415) Image search: [Google]
1449243499209.gif
79 KB, 350x415
>>44008389
So Im getting ready for a game with a friend next week. Would this be a good balanced list in order to do decently at varying objectives?

Jack Daw
-all injustices
-twist and turn
-survivalist

Lady ligeria

Freikorps librarian
Freikorps strongarm with scout the field
Nurse
Nurse
Guilty
Guilty

I heard Jack daw can make great use with a healer, and with his movement shenanigans the strongarm can fly around and steam-punch things into the dirt.
>>
To everyone putting Teddy in a list: He's usually not worth it.

I have never, ever seen a Teddy across the table and been worried about it in any way, shape or form. This is NOT what you want out of a centerpeice 11 Soulstone model.
>>
>>44058684
I had

Colette, dove summoning, Shell Game, Imbued Energies

Mech Rider, Imbued Protection

2 Performers
Mannequin
Metal Gamin
2 Coryphee
>>
Newbie here. A couple of my friends are picking up the Rasputina box set. I like Ten Thunders, though. Is Mei Fang a good choice for a beginner? She seems like she would be, with Vent Steam and the ability to close with the Master, which would shut Rasputina down.
>>
>>44060364

Heh, how about Nekima?
>>
>>44060364
Anything with high min damage will crew through him easily.

That said dreamer is best equipped to make him worthwhile.
>>
>>44060515
Nekima is horrifying
>>
>tfw Witchling Handlers weren't on the Black Friday sale.
>>
>>44060515
She's got a low defense, but at least she has a bonus AP. If you're paying that much for a model it sure as hell better win the game for you solo. Nekima can, incidentally.
>>
>>44059846
I've actually got a (probably retarded) idea for making desperate mercs work. Outcast Tara with Knowledge of Eternity and Obliteration Symbiote, and a desperate merc. Tara pulls the void on them, giving them fast, dinging them for one damage, and burying them. Then she Obliteration Symbiotes them out and chain activates to them, giving you a 4SS, fast missile with +flips to attack, a Cg of 7, and 2" reach with melee.

The downside, of course, is that you're taking desperate mercs.
>>
>>44060983

And wasting Tara's AP on them.
>>
>>44061004
And that, yes.
>>
Man, look at this grow list I found on the Wyrd forums.

Lilith
-Beckon Malifaux
-Rapid Growth
-Living Blade
Nekima
-True Mother
Cherub
6x Tots

Very all or nothing.
>>
>>44060488
Bumping this. Also, anyone know anywhere with good malifaux battle reports?
>>
Are Marcus and his hiring pool flexible enough that I could run him as my only Arcanist master and still be able to do well at most strats & schemes?
>>
>>44060983
ItĀ“s a shame they are so bad. Their models are really great
>>
File: markers.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
markers.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44060488
>>44061979
If you want written battle reports their official forum is ok,
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/forum/55-battle-reports/

If you want youtube reports it gets alot harder. I haven't really seen any good video format for Malifaux and most that try to capture all the action become like an hour long. That said here are a few I think do ok,

BeyondtheBeardPlays,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3iJ0nc-1SQ847pOT1NF0bg/videos
all reports are LOOOOOONG and they make a fair few mistakes when playing (although it has been getting better lately), also they suck at painting. But the reports are usually easy to follow and they are clear about what they are doing, they also focus exclusively on Malifaux and releases content reguarly

Guerrilla Minitature Games,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbO4Vs1vlAA9hz7Ad7IMgug/videos
also makes a shit ton of mistakes and the battlereports are fucking long. Same thing as with btb though, clear and easy to follow. Alot better painted stuff aswell. He only does 1 Malifaux report every 2 weeks though... so not alot of content and what is there is merely ok I feel.

TheSustainableCenter,
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSustainableCenter/videos
probably the best player of the bunch. He doesnt do alot of content however and I think he might be moving onto 9th Age instead. Also its impossible to see shit on the few battlereports he has done.

Nicholas Bollaert,
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thaumatolgist/videos
probably the worst player of the bunch. His reports arent overly long and you usually get hte gist of whats going on. Doesn't know the game that well which is a negative, also isnt very regular with content.

WargamingForFun,
https://www.youtube.com/user/WargamingForFun/videos
did a few reports a long time ago, havent seen anything since. Their reports are also very long and sometimes hard to see what the fuck is going on.

Those are the ones I can think of right now. None is perfect. Also markers.
>>
>>44064488
Oh and Bitzbox,
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitzboxUK/videos
did like... one or two this year. Which funnily enough are probably the best ones of the bunch.
>>
>>44064488
>>44064570
Do you happen to have a commentary on the Mei Fang vs. Rasputina matchup, or know any good batreps using Mei Fang?
>>
>>44064630
Having never played either master... not really. But I'd assume neither should have a massive advantage over the other.

I know BeyondtheBeardPlays has a guy who plays Rasputina atleast. Cant recall any battlerep with Mei Feng at all actually, sorry.
>>
>>44064630
Mei Feng player: vent steam, vent stream, vent steam
Raspy player: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Trying to decide if I start with Lady J or the Viktorias.

I like the death marshals a lot that come with J and some of the guild supporting unit like Pale Rider but like the Viktorias models themselves a lot more that Lady J's model.
>>
>>44023356
I really rate Zoraida in Gremlins. Never born players don't seem to like either of them.
>>
>>44065520

Lucius I can understand, as he's very indirect and at first glance looks like he covers the same ground as Zoraida and Collodi.
>>
>>44065230
If you start with the Viktorias, as you collect the other Outcast masters you'll eventually be able to hire Death Marshals with Tara and the Pale Rider with Leveticus.

Seriously though, make your choice based on which *faction* you like the most. The way crew construction works, you'll want to play more than one master so if you start with the Viks and then decide you don't like the rest of the Outcasts (or vice versa with Lady J) it will feel like a waste.
>>
>>44065700

Heh, not that guy but I've made the grave error of owning Levi and wanting Tara and Jack...
>>
File: 1436342697987.jpg (9 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1436342697987.jpg
9 KB, 320x371
Are ten thunders a gateway into other factions or are other factions a gateway into ten thunder.

Interested in brewmaster but I'm not sure if that means I'm going gremlins or thunders in the future.
>>
>>44065850

Both.

And neither.
>>
>>44065850
Brewie is probably one of the safer 10T masters.

He's played as a Gremlin most of the time, doesn't bring that many things in from 10T, and the things he does bring aren't often taken by any of the other 10T masters.

If you really want to fall down the 10T cross-faction rabbit hole, get McCabe.
>>
>>44065806
>>44065700
Could you also just have two different factions?
>>
File: leveticus.png (172 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
leveticus.png
172 KB, 453x500
>>
>>44066025
What about lynch or mei?
>>
File: 1444545076717.png (170 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1444545076717.png
170 KB, 480x480
>>44066025

>If you really want to fall down the 10T cross-faction rabbit hole, get McCabe.

I was just about to pick him up, though to be fair I already got the Lucius Box, Toshiro, and Izamu, so I'm probably both ready for him and already fucked.
>>
>>44066061
Absolutely, but the way the game is structured the very first thing you do is declare your faction.

What this means is that if you have a few masters in a lot of factions then your faction declaration locks you in way more than if you have a lot of masters in a few factions.

That said, most objectives in Malifaux come down to killing things, controlling area, or using interact actions (with scheme markers or other models). It only takes two or three masters to cover your bases and start exploring a different faction.

>>44066314
My quick and not particularly well informed list of the biggest gateway masters in 10T would be...

McCabe: Goes well with pretty much anything. If you start him as 10T you *will* buy Guild Hounds. If you start him as Guild there's nothing you need to pick up from 10T, but the things he can do with Sensei Yu are just silly.

Misaki: Plays independently of pretty much anything. If you play her in Outcasts you'll have Torakage to start your 10T collection, if you play her in 10T you'll probably still want Librarians.

Lynch: If you start him as 10T, there are a bunch of NB models he can infiltrate. Not so much the other way around, but he has two distinct and nearly equally good playstyles in his different factions (Brilliance vs. Ace in the Hole shenanigans).

Yan Lo: His core Ancestor models are all cross-faction, so he can just pick the best other supporting models from either one.

Mei: Way more constructs in Arcanists, plus support for burning synergies from all of Kaeris's crew.

Brewie: Loses Trixiebelle in 10T, gains some movement tools and better poison interaction but big drunk tarpit Brewie seems way more popular than actually killing things with poison Brewie.

In general, the model selection for most infiltration abilities means that if you start in 10T you'll be buying out of faction models, but not necessarily the other way around. So 10T is the gateway faction.
>>
>>44066061

It's doable if you plan correctly.

Zoradia, Leviticus, and Marcus have huge pools that cross many factions, so you can cross faction with them easy.

Outside of those three or hybrid masters, the overlap between Ressers and Outcasts should be noted, though it mostly applies to Outcasts jacking Resser dudes. Hamelin can grab Crooligans, which are one of Resser's two amazing scheme runners, and a majority of the Tormented models Jack Daw uses are Resser anyway. Combine this with Leviticus's massive pool and Tara's hybrid ability to pull her entire thematic crew into both factions and you have yourself a pretty wide selection.

Then if you really want to go nuts you can bring some of your Outcast merc units over to Ressers, though outside Hannah and the Friekorps Librarian for Tara I don't see it happening much.
>>
>>44067667

Why the Libby for Tara?
>>
>>44067948

Even if she's hired as a Resser Tara is still an Outcast master, so you can cast Healing Energy multiple times.

It's not an auto include by any means, but there's some use.
>>
What is this? Is this a game about fucking goblin girls?
>>
>>44067997

Ah, I see. Been awhile since I've fielded one so I forgot about that line in Healing Energy.
>>
>>44068021

Actually no, if Trixie flirts with a non-Gremlin they are so grossed out they move away.
>>
>>44064883
That's basically what I'm hoping. A good counter-pick, and something that forces people to vary up their playstyles from "Gunline"
>>
Outcasts: 50ss

Tara
Nix +8
-Hollow +2
4x Guild Hounds +12
4x Corrupted Hound +12
4x Canine Remains +16

Are you a bad enough dude to unleash the hounds of war?
>>
Been considering this game after taking a look at the models. I know nothing about it though. Where's a good place to look into the lore and how the games run? Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how the game plays? Thanks.
>>
>>44068602
The Pullmyfinger wiki is a good spot for looking up info on the gameplay side.

Its a small scale game where each model activates separately, one at a time. Each model gets 2 action points (some get 3, though, like Masters and models with special rules that give extra) to spend to make moves, attacks, and other actions. The game uses a playing card deck with the Jokers instead of dice. When you would need to make a "roll" you flip a card from the deck, and each player gets a hand of cards they can use to "cheat" the flip.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.