[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God fucking damnit, GW...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: TyranidPriceIncrease.png (462 KB, 1600x833) Image search: [Google]
TyranidPriceIncrease.png
462 KB, 1600x833
God fucking damnit, GW...
>>
>>44000428
How bad are carnifexs?
>>
>>44000428
You are on the Australian site
>>
>>44000428
I know these are ruse threads, despite not being a huge GW fan any more, but can we standardise on USD or GBP for our God Damnit GW threads?

For reference, this is £55
>>
>>44000480
Pretty mediocre, only good thing is twinlinked devourers and can opener if you can get them in combat range.

Quite sad for a race which should be able to adapt to a lot of shit
>>
>>44000428
>hurr durr Australia Prices lolz

stop it OP you arent funny
>>
>>44000480
>>44000634
They used to be really good when they could get 2+ armor, but now they can be taken down by concentrated fire fairly easily. Used to need anti-tank weapons to drop but they lost almost all their mutations.

GW just needed to push other models...
>>
>>44000748
Im aware 'nids were pretty overbuffed, but why would you strip them down so hard without giving them anything back is beyond me.
>>
>>44000748
>GW just needed to push other models...

yes cause space centurions and legion of the damned are on every list

oh wait

stop this shitty meme please
>>
>>44000428
Stop it. You already made one thread (>>43988434) with the prices from the NZ site and got lots of replies from people who thought it was US$, well down you. Now how about you stop shitting up the board with these threads.
>>
>>44000974
Because everyone already owns the Carni models, and GW needs you to buy the newer bigger thing instead.
>>
>>44001241
You do realize this isn't jut a meme, right? GW has been pulling this bullshit for years, and it is *really* obvious once you've been through more than one edition change.
>>
>>44001585
>Carni models
Why is everything else just as mediocre then?
Lictors, symbs, ... Flyrant is useful, but mostly end up in a cheese list.
Havent paid attention to the spore pods and how useful they are though
>>
>>44001294
I don't know if you're being dense on purpose but those are the Canadian prices. It's still $90 in USD, aka retardedly overpriced for a weak unit.
>>
>>44000480
They are ... ok
Cheap, but no where near as adaptable as they use to be, can tear any vehicle apart no problem, but any smart player with just kite around them because carnifexes are pretty slow

Also no 2+ save, cant even take it as an upgrade, so they can be taken down quite easily now, a brood of 3 carnifexes can fall in about 2 rounds of shooting
>>
>>44001241
See >>44001585 for what I meant. The Carnifex was great when it's 4th edition model came out, then got nerfed with the introduction of newer units/models.

Remember, this is the same company that outright removed the 'nids drop pod unit from the codex because they couldn't hold copyright claim against a third part model maker, only to reintroduce it three editions later with a new, $63 (USD) model.
>>
>>44000974
Overbuffed? When? 3rd and 4th edition we were low end of the top tier, they were a good army. But they were never Tau or Eldar levels of win

>>44001643
Wish lictors were cooler. Same with genestealers, love them both but they are both pretty trashy atm
>>
>>44001643
Because 'nids got popular in 4th edition and they wanted to sell other armies

Spore pods are ok, but synapse can be an issue if you aren't dropping something that ignores instinctive behavior.
>>
>>44001710
>Overbuffed
Let me rephrase that: op but since people have their problems and opinions on the term OP I used a different wordand not just carnis, nids in general.

But I guess its like you said: every race gets their turn with the codices, well... hope CSM and Nid get their turn soon enough.
>>
>>44001756
Both chaos and nids deserve it, haven't played chaos but I hear terrible things. Nids I have been very sad about the last 2 editions
>>
>>44001756
CSMs, Orks, and 'nids have been relegated to the punching bag tier of armies and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I don't really mind though, I'd just play a fluffy list anyways
>>
>>44001241
Just because Games Workshop is hopelessly incompetent at executing its cut-throat business strategies doesn't mean it won't attempt them. GW regularly hypes the rules of new kits and then nerfs them heavily in time for the new kit. They're just bad rules designers so they fuck up regularly like with Morkanauts.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.