[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychic Rebel Quest 51
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4
File: OP pic.jpg (58 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
OP pic.jpg
58 KB, 334x500
You are Shee Hyul, rebel leader, psychic and Reunited. Your world is ruled by inhuman creatures and this has gone on far too long, it’s time to fight back.

Character Sheet http://pastebin.com/fYSgcZdE
Rules http://pastebin.com/LEEi5A3u
Archive http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Psychic%20Rebel%20Quest
Thread 28 http://pastebin.com/s3NR7dqH
Setting http://pastebin.com/95D5RNhP
Business http://pastebin.com/NwspZmKw
Allies http://pastebin.com/yVgtiFeu
Ally Powers http://pastebin.com/Xm6UGDyX
QM Twitter https://twitter.com/anAspiringQM
QM Askfm http://ask.fm/AnAspiringQM

You are in the psychic research facility, hiding in a vent with Rainya and Lirael, bodies packed together so tightly you can feel their hearts beating.

The three of you are overlooking the psychic activation chambers – all three tiers now revealed.

“You're going to what?” Rainya asks incredulously, trying to twist to look at you, and only succeeding in giving you a look inside her ear.

“I'm going to make the beastmen mine” you say “recruit them, think about it Rainya; hundreds of psychics willing to turn on the fae. When they first took this world that's who fought them, we can do more than just win this Reunited contest, we can set the entire world free.”

The three of you lay inside the vent in silence for several long moments, then Lirael says “Sister that sounds like a grand idea, but...how?”

You think about it “I could corrupt the activation chambers” you say slowly “whoever emerged from them alive would be mine, would think as I wanted them to.”

“How different will they be?” asks Rainya “I mean, will they look different?”

“Probably” you answer “they'd look the way they're supposed to look” according to your own increasingly alien aesthetic anyway.

“They'd be killed then” reasons Rainya “if they look too different.”

“Or locked up with the other mutant ones” points out Lirael “how about just getting in the heads like Mistress Steele?”
>>
“I'd need to deal with each one personally” you grumble “that takes time.”

“Or you could just talk to them” says Rainya in a joking tone “I doubt they love the fae so much that they wouldn't listen if you offered them freedom.”

Hmm, maybe...

“And what about the psychics they've already made” says Rainya “the successes and the mutated ones - they're all locked up.”

“And crazy” adds Lirael “and some of those that aren't will have gone.”

And those that stay might still hate the fae, or might see them as the fae's equals.

What is your plan for those beastmen not yet changed?

>Corrupt the chambers
>Mind control them after they emerge
>Talk to them, offer them a deal
>Other (?)

And the existing psychics?

>Kill them
>Mind control them
>Other (?)
>>
>>43999583
>Corrupt the chambers
>Mind control them
>>
>>43999583
>Corrupt the chambers
>>
>>43999583
>Corrupt the chambers
It would boil down to freedom or death.
>>
>>43999583
>Mind control them after they emerge
>Kill them
>>
>>43999583
>Corrupt the chambers
>Mind control them
>>
>>43999583
We've got enough FBB xp to get another artifice rank, which would let us turn into a machine spirit thing and possess the tanks directly. Might make things easier in the facility and there's not really any reason to not get it since we want more artifice for the spaceship and we can't spend FBB on all that much stuff anyway.

Does Shee think her corruption would pose a problem if she wanted to use the tanks herself later on? I'm pretty sure the lower two floors are something good.

Anyway, tentatively voting
>Corrupt the chambers
which I'll probably change if Shee thinks the chambers would be irrevocably fucked and

Side note, would anyone be against using Tally the Slain on any beastmen we do kill? Their souls get obliterated on death anyway since the fae kill all beastmen gods before they get strong enough to do anything. This way we get an emergency reserve of ~150 PE from it.
>>
>>43999653
>Does Shee think her corruption would pose a problem if she wanted to use the tanks herself later on?

No, just for everyone who is not her.
>>
>>43999653
>Side note, would anyone be against using Tally the Slain on any beastmen we do kill?
Only issue I would see with it is filling up our maximum capacity in souls on weak useless ones.
>>
>>43999670
If we end up killing someone important who we want to soulsuck we can just eat one of the beast souls to make room then. We can do it in an instant.
>>
>>43999653
>Side note, would anyone be against using Tally the Slain on any beastmen we do kill? Their souls get obliterated on death anyway since the fae kill all beastmen gods before they get strong enough to do anything. This way we get an emergency reserve of ~150 PE from it.

I figure we tally the slain of any assholes in here. This place is OURS and if they're here they agree to our terms whether they know em or not.
>>
Fun fact, we can get Psyche Shift and Summoning now without any flaws since we have Telepathy Mastery.
>>
>>43999696
Summoning seems not very good right now, Psyche Shift could be good, but its hard to tell.
>>
>>43999583
>>Corrupt the chambers not a vote for it
Not quite impressive enough to be one of those aspect boosting options?
>>
>>43999712
Its just a regular use of the Aspect.
>>
>>43999712
Didn't even think of that.

And yes, it is, corruption vote will increase corruption aspect

Vote extended for 5 minutes in case anyone wants to change their vote based on this.

Currently its Corrupt + talk in the lead.
>>
>>43999577
I never took time to read this quest but it keeps popping around.
And everytime I see that image's thumbnail, I always have to remind myself that those knives are NOT, in fact, half peeled bananas.

That's it. That's all I have to contribute to this quest.
Those knives look like half peeled bananas.
>>
>>43999707
I think most of that is that it lists only the most basic of shitty examples. Shee wouldn't be summoning normal army dudes or elephants or shit like that, she'd be summoning whatever minions the Five are cool with her having along with monstrosities from the Void.

There's also some stupid fucking combos like using Void Portals and cyber tentacles with integrated syringes (no permanent augs required) to feed off a blood tree and constantly spend the vitae on summoning a huge death squad to siege a place with.
>>
>>43999748
Thhing isn't that the summons themselves are weak, its that the ability is too expensive and we don't really need additional non-permanent minions around and its rarely if ever worth wasting time to summon them.
>>
Corrupt + Talk it is, writing.

The King of Hell offers you a Gift, accept?

>Y/N

5 minute vote - a carryover from last thread
>>
>>43999788
>Y
>>
>>43999788
>Y
>>
>>43999788
Forgot

DC 20

Vote time extends to 5 minutes from this post
>>
>>43999788
>Y
I just want to get that handing over the ascnesion over with so we can focus on other shit.
Especially now that our holdings will definitly get targeted we will need upgraded servants.
>>
>>43999788
>N
>>
>>43999788
>Y
We auto-succeed on everything but a nat1 right now, not sure if there is still a point in asking.
>>
ok, please roll 1d20+20

Still calling for a roll in case of critfails/successes
>>
Rolled 7 + 20 (1d20 + 20)

>>43999843
>>
Rolled 1 + 20 (1d20 + 20)

>>43999843
>>
Rolled 11 + 20 (1d20 + 20)

>>43999843
>>
You can shape the favour of the King of Hell into 1 of 3 Gifts

Hellcaller
You are adept at summoning demons. You reduce the DC's to summon Demons by 10, and the psychic energy cost of summoning demons (including extra ones) is halved.
This power does not have levels, but does have expansions that reduce the cost even further and allows longer-duration summoning, and even the summoning of small armies.

Born to Fire 2
At Born to Fire 1 you gain resistance to fire equal to your constitution modifier times your rank in Born to Fire.
At Born to Fire 2 you increase the damage of all magical (including psychic) fire-based attacks you do by 1d6 per rank in Born to Fire.
Higher ranks allow you to transform into fire, gain immunity to fire, and even be healed by fire.

Infernal Weapon
You gain 2 Weapon Focus feats of choice

You could also use this Gift to elevate someone to demonhood, such as your business manager, Ms Carter.

Vote will be in the format of standard 3 options, plus a yes/no vote on raising someone to demonhood. Default will be Ms Carter, but players can write-in others if they wish.

10 minute discussion, then vote
>>
>>43999885
Yeah, Ascension it is, those are all not very good.
>>
>>43999885
Gonna go with demonhood on that one, though Hellcaller might be worth remembering if we ever have too much xp to dump on shit, because the army calling coukd be good, however many expansions that might take.
>>
Gift vote, 5 minutes.
Please do not link this post.
Please post only your vote, nothing else.

Gift?

>Hellcaller
>Born to Fire
>Infernal Weapon

Elevate Ms Carter to demonhood?

>Y/N

Demonhood vote takes precedence over gift vote
>>
>>43999885
Hellcaller and Born to Fire are actually pretty cool. Surprised that Hellcaller was offered before we actually unlocked Summoning.

Almost tempted to get the focus feats for World Humbling Strike and Extra Weapon Focus and get an infernal heavy pistol or something that we can use WHS with.

That said, looks like Ms. C's about to get her wings.

>>43999901
Hellcaller looks pretty good honestly. Suddenly shitting out a hundred or so legendary demons no problem would be a laugh riot, and we don't even need the army expansion for that. BtF is less good, but it still looks like it could combo well with her Impossibility-pyrokinesis. Still not really worth getting either of them. Just about everything's good once you sink a few dozen xp into it and we're sorta stretched thin on things we want to sink xp into.
>>
>>43999667
Could we undo it or give our friends a pass so they can use it?
I know I missed the vote but I want to know for the future.
>>
>Y
>>
>Y
>>
>Y
>>
>Y
>>
>>43999963
>Hellcaller looks pretty good honestly. Suddenly shitting out a hundred or so legendary demons no problem would be a laugh riot, and we don't even need the army expansion for that.
We would need army calling for hundreds, and its still too expensive
>>
>>43999964
>Could we undo it or give our friends a pass so they can use it?

Yes to both
>>
>Born to Fire
>Y
>>
>Y
>>
>N
>>
What aspect do you wanna warp her demon spark thingy with? Impossibility would be funny, Corruption would be a tad mean, Family would be ???
>>
>>43999984
Then I am filled with love for all Anons and namefag, thank you.
>>
>>43999963
>and get an infernal heavy pistol
We would need a additional Focus or the Focus shifting expansion for that.

>>43999963
>Hellcaller looks pretty good honestly.
Copuld get good with the army expansion, but even then I'd rather find a way to summon our own armies instead.

>BtF is less good, but it still looks like it could combo well with her Impossibility-pyrokinesis
Something being able to combo doesn't necessarily make it good, but it could probably give Pyrokinesis the edge it needs to be a viable combat ability, if we are so inclined.
>>
>>44000011
Either Impossibility or Corruption, though I suspect Corruption will be some "enforce slavish loyalty" thing which is less than ideal. So probably Impossibility.
>>
Well that settles that.

Warping vote and other options will be held when you actually give it to her.

For now, please roll 1d20+5 to corrupt the activation chambers
>>
>>44000011
Let's see what family would give us before deciding.
>>
Rolled 1 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44000034
Shouldn't it be +6 if we get one more for the option?
>>
Rolled 9 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44000034
>>
>>44000018
Yes, that's why I said to get this feat
>Extra Weapon Focus: You have a second Power Focus Weapon that has all the powers of the first. This second weapon can be any sort of weapon and all the Power Focus Weapon Feats you have apply to its as normal. If the second weapon is not a valid target for some of your Power Focus feats then you can still choose it but those feats do not apply. You may select this feat multiple times, gaining a new weapon each time.
>Requires: Power Focus (Weapon)
in addition to WHS
>>
>>44000043
that applies after you do it anon, but thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>44000034
>>
Rolled 15 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44000034
This is one of those rolls we can't use Inevitability with, ain't it.
>>
>>44000069
Correct
>>
>>44000050
My bad, confused it with something else. Focus shifting seems better to me though, given we don't really need several right now.
Though getting WHS could be worth it given it would give our weapon a base damage of +150.
>>
>>44000050
>>44000075
We could also just dismantle our current focus, given we don't really use it right now.
>>
>>44000075
We're never going to actually do it, but a pile of focuses would let us integrate them into our tentacles and add that damage to strikes with them. A pile of melee weapon focuses with WHS would be insane damage if we stuck them in the tentacles. Expensive as fuck though.
>>
>>44000104
>Expensive as fuck though.
Not actually that much I think, 4 per extra focus, if we keep it to the amount of limbs we can use at the same time through limbs unrivaled it would mean just getting 6 cyber tentacles right now, so only 5 more focuses for 20XP.

And while Infernal Focus is a King gift, I'm pretty sure Jagga would offer Weapon powers too so we might be able to buy it with FBB XP.
And the expense of 20XP should be worth it for getting +900dmg per round.
>>
>>44000124
I think all the tentacles get cyberized at once when we buy cyber arms, not some one at a time thing.
>>
>>44000145
I assumed it would be each tentacle being treated individual for balancing reasons.

>>44000056
Would Cyber Arms cyberize all tentacles if we chose tentacles or only one/two at a time?
>>
“I'll corrupt the chambers” you say to Lirael and Rainya “and the other beastmen get a very simple choice: they can serve me, or become my enemies.”

You feel them both nod, Rainya says “ok, but to corrupt them you'll need to get close right?”

“Yeah” you agree “and I'll probably need to do them one at a time, and it could take time to do each one and I can't be interrupted.”

“At night then sister” says Lirael.

XXX

Later that night you all sneak back to the psychic research facility and you take time corrupting two of the first six chambers, the next night you take care of another two, and then the last two on the final night. Rainya and Lirael keep watch as you work, ensuring none disturb you.

It takes time to re-purpose each of the chambers to your will: they are complex machines that were built to grant ordinary people supernatural abilities and contain many different parts managed by incredibly complex programs with all kinds of safety features. But in the end, its just another type of machine.

In the days after you corrupt the chambers, you can somehow...feel...the beastmen going through them, being reshaped by not just the chambers themselves, but by your powers as well.

[Corruption +1]

The beastmen are foul creatures, their minds filled with base desires and cruelty. But those that survive the process not only gain psychic powers but begin to show...changes...to their physical forms to represent their servitude to you, though they don't know it.

Their survival rates also rise, and few are killed or imprisoned by their fae overlords as a result. It seems the fae are willing to accept some deformities as long as the beastmen gain psychic powers.
>>
>>44000161
It doesn't make sense to do them separately. You already have to pay for individual integrations which is the balance concern. There's no mechanical benefit for having one cyber tentacle over having 26 of them if none of them have integrated weapons.
>>
On the third night you attempt to corrupt the first chamber of the second tier of the psychic activation chambers but fail: they are far more powerful and complex compared to the first six and you might only be able to change one a night. Thus far you have been undiscovered – Rainya and Lirael have been able to spot and divert all patrols, but on one night a fae mage came to inspect the chambers and you all hid.

Whilst you think how to convert the next tier without getting caught, the three of you scout out the large chambers, once used for weapons practise and vehicle storage, that now hold those beastmen too deformed or insane for the fae to use.

Viewing them through vent grilles and security doors you can see dozens in each room: the places are rank with their stink. You see some beastmen sleeping, others wandering around, and others simply slamming their heads into walls, over and over and over.

“Are they really going to be useful?” asks Rainya dubiously, as you prepare to approach the first group.

“They will be” you reassure her. Though perhaps only as useful battle fodder.

What will you say to these beastmen, imprisoned and abandoned by their own masters?

>Offer to fix them (you don't know if you can)
>They serve, or they die
>Offer them a chance at revenge
>Offer them money, women, the usual
>Other (?)
>>
>>44000187
>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000187
>Also try to fix them but don't mention it until you know you can
>>
>>44000161
>Would Cyber Arms cyberize all tentacles if we chose tentacles or only one/two at a time?

All, though you have the option to only affect some of them, if you so choose.
>>
>>44000187
>Offer to TRY to fix them (you don't know if you can)
>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000187
>If any of them seem intelligent enough, offer them a life away from fae slavery for themselves and their descendants.
>>
>>44000187
>>44000218
Seconding, with the caveat of try to fix them
>>
>>44000187
>revenge
>Let me see if I can help fix you.
>>
>>44000212
Could we get a Power Focus Weapon for individual tentacles or could we only get one Power Fcous (Tentacles)?
>>
>>44000243
covered by Power Focus (unarmed)
>>
>>44000259
Ah okay, I assumed it could be applied to individuals arms because it says "an object".

Thats not quite as good, but still pretty good.
>>
>>44000187
>On the third night you attempt to corrupt the first chamber of the second tier of the psychic activation chambers but fail: they are far more powerful and complex compared to the first six and you might only be able to change one a night.
Legendary chambers not actually confirmed.
Guess we gotta get higher artifice/corruption or learn all the normal and prestige powers before we can try.

>>44000187
>Other (?)
Priority on beastmen like that weird green one with the time powers. If he came from this facility, then there are probably at least one or two more who came out of the tanks less than sane.
>>
Revenge + Fix

Please roll 1d20+35 (persuasion)
>>
>>44000283
Why would they only put not-orcs into the time chamber?
>>
Rolled 19 + 35 (1d20 + 35)

>>44000289
>>
Rolled 4 + 35 (1d20 + 35)

>>44000289
>>
Rolled 2 + 35 (1d20 + 35)

>>44000289
>>
>>44000187
>>
Rolled 5 + 35 (1d20 + 35)

>>44000289
>>
>>44000290
It's less that they'd only put them in the tanks and more that we don't know who else they'd put in the tanks. Time orc was a success so they'd want to put the ones like him in there as well. We don't know any of the other successes so we look for the orcs.
>>
>>44000034
>Warping vote and other options will be held when you actually give it to her.
Now's just the question, will warping it anger Hell Dad?
>>
“Stay here” you sat to Lirael and Rainya, the three of you stand in a corridor outside one of the impromptu holding pens late at night “and keep watch.”

You open the door and slip quietly inside: the locks are still powered and easy for you to open.

Once inside you start waking up the beastmen, telling them you have something important to tell them. The first few try to attack you, but after you send them sprawling with a single backhanded blow, they get the point.

Eventually you have all the beastmen gathered around you as you talk to them. They are a motley collection of humanoids with mixed animal features, compounded further by noticeable mutations and deformities.

You speak to them, offering to try and fix their mutations and promising them revenge upon the fae for their mistreatment and slavery. You pause to hear their answer.

They all look at one another, finally one speaks, growling out in a harsh voice “we kill fae? We take fae females? We like, we follow you strong female.”

Further discussions with them reveals their obvious mental shortcomings: Though cunning and having a fair grasp of tactics the beastmen are significantly below human intelligence and are more concerned with personal gratification than higher notions of freedom or justice.

They make no secret of the fact that they will follow you on the expectation that they will get to kill, rape and eat the fae – whom they hate. Your offer to fix them is only of interest to those in pain from their mutations – such as the goat-headed one with mouths constantly opening and closing in his flesh. The others simply don't care about their deformities; indeed the one with a third arm covered in snake scales seems quite happy with it.

You repeat yourself with the other groups held in the facility until you have the agreement of almost two hundred beastmen, ready to move on your command. All of them have some psychic power, though some are stronger than others.
>>
A little mind-reading reveals how fragile your grip on them is though: they hate the fae and want to hurt them but if left too long, they would betray you just to get a more comfortable bed or a decent meal from their fae masters.

So far you've spent 5 nights in the facility, mostly sleeping through the days.

What's next?

>Corrupt second-tier of activation chambers (7 days approximately)
>Give Ms Carter her demonhood
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>Recruit non-deformed beastman psychics
>Use your new army to clear the fae out of the facility
>Other (?)
>>
>>44000484
>>
>>44000484
Could we use Corruption to make the beastmen less degenerate and more in-tune with Shees attitude?
>>
>>44000484
>>Recruit non-deformed beastman psychics

After we clear this place out we should "empower" what's left of the fodder.
>>
>>44000484
Hopeyfully there are some more sensible ones among them.
>>
>>44000484
Does the mark of Absolute Loyalty have to go on a visible spot? Could we brand them on the inside of their throat or something like that? I'd like to brand the more useful ones.

Also, suggesting that we add
>Create area of distorted time in the Realm
to the list of shit to do. It'd take 4 days to make the maximum distortion of time and then after that we can max out every single other lair attribute within 5 minutes.
>>
>>44000518
>Could we use Corruption to make the beastmen less degenerate and more in-tune with Shees attitude?

Yes, in fact that's already happening with the corrupted activation chambers.

You can consciously change them to make them less horrible too.

>>44000543
>Does the mark of Absolute Loyalty have to go on a visible spot?

Nope
>>
>>44000543
And then several subjective years doing so. No thanks.
>>
>>44000589
>You can consciously change them to make them less horrible too.
Good, I'd like to keep the survivors around, and that makes things a lot easier.
>>
>>44000597
Nope, anti-time adaptation we developed during the time orc fight makes it impossible for Shee to feel the passage of time. Just turn that on and set a clock outside the area of weird time so she knows when to leave.
>>
>>44000620
>makes it impossible for Shee to feel the passage of time
No it disrupts her sense for time, that means it could feel even longer for her.
>>
>>44000620
>Implying light flows normally between areas on radically different timestreams
>Implying that it won't have been 10,000 years outside by the time that clock shows that ten minutes had passed
>Implying it makes a significant difference to the part I dislike about the idea if it does work
>>
From your observations over the past few days the beastmen with reliable psychic powers are better treated by the fae and are often put in command of non-psychic beastmen – whom they often mistreat with their new powers.

These are not the discarded misfits who just agreed to follow you, these are powerful and confident psychics. And although individually they pose no threat, they might in groups – particularly if they can summon fae to help.

How will you approach them?

>Individually (least risk, longest time)
>In small groups (a balance)
>In large groups (quickest, but largest risk)
>Other (?)

And using what arguments?

>Offer them greater psychic power
>They serve, or they die
>Offer them a chance at overthrowing the fae
>Other (?)
>>
>>44000700
>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000640
>Adaptation (Immunity to Time-based damage)
>By changing your own personal timestream so that it has only a tenuous connection to external time, you render yourself immune to time-based powers that deal damage.
>However, which this adaptation is active you suffer from one or more of the following effects:
>Inability to Track Time: Shee cannot mentally track time, or rather, she gets it wrong when she tries.

>>44000665
>Implying that it won't have been 10,000 years outside by the time that clock shows that ten minutes had passed
Now you're just being retarded. If you don't like it because of other reasons then whatever, I can't argue with your opinions on stuff and I can't do anything save hope Pally clarifies if you interpret powers different, but that point right there is inane beyond belief.
>>
>>44000700
>>Offer them a chance at overthrowing the fae
> Pick the most powerful ones and psychic surgery them into obedience
>>
>>44000739
>she gets it wrong when she tries
Thanks for quoting exactly what I said, but why?
>>
>>44000700
>All at once (This pleases Jaggantha?)

>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000739
>>Inability to Track Time: Shee cannot mentally track time, or rather, she gets it wrong when she tries.
You realise this can mean it will feel even longer for Shee? And by no means does it mean the subjective millenia will somehow feel less long for her through it. Thats pretty much just wishful thinking on your part.
>>
>>44000739
If Shee is incapable of keeping track of time externally, why would that theory not be possible?
>>
>>44000700
>Corrupt and mind link using our other beastmen if needed.
>>
>>44000700
> Pick the most powerful ones and psychic surgery them into obedience
>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000700
>Other (?)
Go for the higher ranking, more respected individuals one on one first. Bring them to heel, brand them, and then move on to smaller groups while we have the support of their more powerful/respected peers

>They serve, or they die
>>
>>44000764
>(This pleases Jaggantha?)

Good point, yes.

Vote deadline extended to 5 minutes from now
>>
>>44000700
>Find a handful of the most powerful ones individually, use Psychic Surgery to bring them to heel and Mark of Loyalty them.
Afterwards
>All at once (This pleases Jaggantha?)
Only assuming this still works in combination.
>>
>>44000784
She is capable of keeping track of time externally and the adaptation description specifically says that she needs to use an external clock to get it right if she wants to track time at all. It's internal time tracking that's fucked up. She can't tell how long it's been just by feel but if she sits there staring at a clock that's a little bit distant from her she can tell how much time the clock says has passed.
>>
>>44000700
>In large groups (quickest, but largest risk)
>>
>>44000838
We can't use mind control to force obedience in order to use Absolute Loyalty on them.
>>
>>44000882
We absolutely can use psychic surgery to make someone want to be loyal and then brand them with Mark of Loyalty. We just can't use Domination to force them to accept the Mark.
>>
>>44000860
And the theoretical was that the clock is useless at best and counterproductive at worst due to fucked up photon flow through the time bubble.
>>
closing and counting

Seems serve or die + overthrow fae won.

But how to approach them seems to be tied, will recount.
>>
>>44000882
Thats incorrect, we can't coerce the pledge via mind-control, but nothing stops us from using mind-control to put them into a mindset where they would pledge loyalty willingly.
>>
>>44000912
Seems to be Small Group has the majority with 3 v. All of them with 2 (one of which is conditional).
>>
>>44000932
you're right

Writing serve or die + overthrow and in small groups

Please roll 1d20+30, 4 rolls needed.
>>
Rolled 9 + 30 (1d20 + 30)

>>44000950
>>
Rolled 3 + 30 (1d20 + 30)

>>44000950
>>
Rolled 4 + 30 (1d20 + 30)

>>44000950
>>
Rolled 12 + 30 (1d20 + 30)

>>44000950
>>
Rolled 18 + 30 (1d20 + 30)

>>44000950
>>
Use Inevitability?

>Y/N

5 minute vote
>>
>>44001011
Y
>>
>>44001011
>Y
>>
ok, writing
>>
You try approaching the beastmen psychics in small groups, always with Lirael and Rainya ready to jump in if necessary. They are far fewer in number than the failures; perhaps no more than fifty of them.

Your initial encounters with them require you to prove your powers: slapping them down both psychically and physically before they'll listen to you. Once you have their attention you promise them revenge on the fae who so callously threw them into machines that killed and mutated so many others, and who refuse to see them as any thing other than disposable, despite their powers.

You also make sure they understand that attacking you, or betraying you will result in certain destruction.

They are more resistant to your offer than the failures; having some measure of power and respect they are reluctant to turn upon the fae, despite their intense hatred for them. You also catch several of them planning on betraying you for a reward from the fae.

You bring the power of Jagganatha to bear as you lift a pair of those planning to betray you off their feet and strangle them into unconsciousness to make a point. The rest quickly fall in line.

You repeat your performance again and again, until all of the beastmen psychics still remaining are willing to follow you.

Finally you retreat to a quiet corner of the facility to plan.

“So” Rainya sums up your position “you've got 250 beastmen psychics ready to follow you, there are maybe fifty fae in the facility, and close to two thousand regular beastmen – who might side with anyone, but will probably pick whoever seems to be winning.”

“Yes” you say, looking at schematics of the place with her and Lirael “the senior fae regularly meet here” you indicate a large meeting room “if we get rid of them, then the rest will flee or fall.”

“What about if the other fae come from the Hive?” asks Lirael in concern.
>>
“What about if the other fae come from the Hive?” asks Lirael in concern.

You shift uneasily “hopefully” you say “they'd see how foolish it would be to come after us if we have hundreds of psychics.”

“But if they don't....” warns Rainya.

“Yeah” you agree with her unspoken warning, conflicted about whether openly seizing the facility is the right choice. Every day more beastmen are put through the activation chambers – new psychics loyal to you.

“If we leave it too long” You say, thinking “then the chances of betrayal or something else going wrong rise, but we can leave it a few days I guess” you think about Ms Carter, and Rainya “or perhaps we should strike now.”

Both of them look at you expectantly.

What's next?

>Take the facility back (follow-up vote for plans)
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>Other (?)
>>
>>44001337
>Give Rainya her Aspect
Can we do this together? I assume wouldn't be doing the corrupting literally 24//?
>>
>>44001337
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>Get Kea.
>>
>>44001337
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>Get Kae
Yeah getting Kae involved as advisor sems like a good idea.
>>
>>44001376
>>44001392

to clarify, please pick only 1

All will have updates and follow-up votes.

Unless you want me to decide all variables without any player input?
>>
>>44001337
>Give Ms Carter her manhood
>>
>>44001337
Give Ms Carter her demonhood
>>
>>44001337
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>>
>>44001337
If we can get these working that would be amazing.
>>
>>44001413
I had asumed its just faster if we don't need to bother with votes of "what do" inbetween, but okay
>>44001337
>>44001409
> Give Ms Carter demonhood
>>
>>44001337
>>Give Ms Carter her demonhood
>>
>>44001413
OK changing
>>44001392
>Give Rainya her Aspect
>>
>>44001337
>>44001376
>>
There's no way they just let us have the facility. We should take control of some of the fae and have them keep reporting business as usual.
>>
>>44001546
We already were directly told Reaper will use us attacking the facility as excuse to mobilise the entire army against us.
>>
Writing demonhood, with Rainya being a close 2nd.

Will post demonhood, then Rainya.
>>
>>44001569
Did we show up looking like ourself for the beastmen takeover or did we disguise?
>>
>>44001633
I assume disguise, but you can reveal your true identity later if you wish.
>>
>>44001715
No, disguise good.
>>
Would anyone have a problem with the option to have all three of Shee's aspects impact the demonhood on a successful warping roll?

For reasons.
>>
>>44001994
Not at all you sexy man beast
>>
>>44001994
That entirely depends on the effect of Family and or Corruption both of which could be undesirable.
>>
>>44001994
I'm game.

Is Carter finally gonna find out that Shee's a bit more than just a "high ranking member in the King's church"?
>>
>>44001994
I can only anwser for myself but I want this now.
>>
>>44001994
Never
>>
>>44001994
>implying the warping roll will succeed
What was the formula for that, again? Highest aspect + number of other aspects we have? I don't think we're going to be able to roll an 11 for this dc20.
>>
>>44001994
I heavily assume you wouldn't bother asking if the possibly problematic Aspects would have sketchy effects here, given your disposition towards these things, so I don't mind.
>>
>>44002027
They'll be visible in the vote itself, before the choice is made, so I've gotten approval to spoil them.

Corruption makes the form a bit more alien and grants some new abilities. Family give her substantial bonuses to protecting your Family members and lets her locate them easier.
>>
>>44002137
>and lets her locate them easier
I'm not sure how I feel about that. Also its a bit problematic to use unnatural mental influence against her like that, given that this wasn't part of the deal and it would persist after her contractual service ends.

What about Impossibility?
>>
“For now we take a break of a day or so” you tell them “I have other things I need to do before we start fighting fae.” You think of Ms Carter and Rainya both.

XXX

Back at the Waystation you invite Ms Carter up to your Realm, better to do things here than out where someone might see, or sense what is going on.

Ms Carter looks around curiously at the realm, she has only been up here a couple of times. To put her at her ease you ask her how the Waystation is doing, she gives you a detailed rundown; seems the place is ticking over nicely.

Then you get down to business.

“You're probably wondering why I called you up here” you start, as Ms Carter raises an enquiring eyebrow “I've received the favour of the King of Hell” you blurt out “and so its time for you to become a demon.”

Ms Carters eyes go wide in shock and her mouth gapes for a few seconds before she visibly controls herself and says in an unsteady voice torn between worry and hope “r-really?”

“Really” you say, nodding.

Ms Carter takes a deep breath and says in a determined, but slightly wobbly voice “I'm ready.”

“Ok” you say, approaching her and putting her hands on her shoulders “so, thirty years service wasn't it?”

“Yes” she says, staring into your eyes with strange intensity.

“And” you say in a teasing tone “it was a Vasis you wanted to be, right?”

Ms Carter glares at you “no!” she states “you said you could turn me into a Hesa-”

You share the Gift of the King of Hell with her, his power flooding into her.
>>
You could let it run its course without interfering, or you could use your own Aspects to direct its course.

Family would make her more ferocious and determined when protecting those you care about, as well as giving her an innate sense of where they are.

Corruption would warp her eventual appearance and powers into something more suitable to your sensibilities.

Impossibility would remove some of the limitations upon her powers and though she would be a young demon, her initial powers would be stronger.

Warping vote posted in 10 minutes
>>
>>44002186
>against her
>against
How is it against her? It's bonuses if she chooses to defend them and it helps her locate them more easily, which is more or less an extra sense dealio without influence exerting control on her. By the time her contract is over it'll effectively be an advanced warning system for divine beings and their pals.
>>
>>44002301
Corruption definitely is the best choice here.
>>
>>44002311
>How is it against her? It's bonuses if she chooses to defend them
No it compels her to defend them more eagerly.
>>
>>44002301
To be clear, Family is letting her become that way when she's *choosing* to protect family members, not making her be that way, or influencing her to behave in that pattern against her will.
>>
>>44002331
>No it compels her to defend them more eagerly.

It does not compel her to defend them.

It makes her stronger when defending them.
>>
>>44002331
No it doesn't. It helps her do it better if she wants to.
>>
>>44002352
Is picking all of them a option now or not?
>>
>>44002301
>Corruption
>>
>>44002369
Yes
>>
>>44002388
Will it increase difficulty or affect the changes in some fashion?
>>
>inb4 we have to roll 3d20, one for each aspect, and every single one of the nine dice rolls below the DC
>>
>>44002405
No increase in difficulty

No affect on changes other than stacking them all atop each other
>>
>>44002369
OK changing >>44002385 to all.
>>
>>44002449
Vote's not for two more minutes m8
>>
We didn't loot the symbiote room. Fucking fuck.
>>
>>44002479
retake the Facility man
>>
5 minute vote
Please post only the vote, nothing else
vote quoting this post will not be counted

Warp Ms Carters Demonhood?
>Y/N

Aspect?
>Impossibility
>Corruption
>Family
>All 3
>>
>>44002479
We aren't f7nsished with the place yet, weneed to create a distraction first before we can loot.
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
>>44002494
>Y
>Family
>>
Y
Impossibility
>>
>>44002494
>Y
>All 3
>>
>>44002494
>Y
>All 3
>>
>>44002494
>Corruption
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
>>44002494
>ask her if it's okay first
if Yes then
>All 3
>>
>>44002490
Yeah and have Reaper send the entire fae milaitary force on our ass, fuck that.
We create our distraction, loot the place and then get the fuck out. we can't even do anything with the place anyway.
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
>Y
>Impossibility
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
>>44002490
There is literally no point in retaking the facility itself, it does nothing but get us trouble.
>>
>Y
>Family
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
>Y
>All 3
>>
closing and counting
>>
>>44002576
I think no won.
>>
>>44002590
idunno it was a close vote, might need to recount it.
>>
Does anyone remember what kinds of actions increase our Impossibility aspect?
>>
>>44002640
Not accepting boundaries and forcing your will through.
>>
>>44002640
Taking the odds out back and beating them to death with a rake.
>>
>>44002640
Magnets
>>
>>44002660
>>44002680
Can either of you recall what some of the presented impossibility boosting options were in the past? We would have had to pick 4 of them but I think there might've been one or two we didn't opt to do
>>
>>44002715
how do they work?
>>
>>44002725
>Can either of you recall what some of the presented impossibility boosting options were in the past?
Ine of them was telling Rainya there are no limits during her training.
>>
>>44002725
I remember we got a +1 from killing an Avatar and that it was mentioned it was because it was something we were not supposed to be able to do.
>>
>>44002725
When we saw what Reaper did to Kae.
The training with Rainya like >>44002742 said
Got one from icing Tom.
Psychic surgerying Dev to not freak out about shit we didn't actually do it, so we didn't get the +1. Weird how he doesn't freak about shit anyway.
>>
Went looking back through the archives trying to find the times we boosted impossibility and I found this. I'd completely forgotten about the shit we saw when we first got the aspect.

>Your flesh twists and writhes as your mind expands and for one brief moment you glimpse the truth about the world around you, what the fae are doing, what they truly are, and that they don’t even realise there is something controlling them. The Five were wrong, they were wrong! Trapped is not dead! You foolish men, do not use the last line of defence! You were lied to! Imperium must never-

>Before your still mostly-human mind shatters under the strain the lie called *reality* is pulled back over your thoughts like a comforting blanket. You remember only fragments of what you saw, but you are left with a very strong feeling that the fae have to be stopped somehow, and that this whole world feels subtly wrong somehow.

I hope Rainya has a cool first aspect moment.
>>
>>44002829
Dev has ascended beyond mere aspects
>>44002868
But we never remember it, we need the Comprehension aspect.
>>
>>44003041
>But we never remember it
Luckily we found out most of it later anyway.
>>
>writing update
>forgot to ask for roll

I'm an idiot.

Please roll 1d20+9
>>
>>44003041
I think we remember that we knew something but we don't know what it was we forgot.

Also we need higher Impossibility before we can remember it fully without our head exploding.
>>
Rolled 19 + 9 (1d20 + 9)

>>44003082
>>
Rolled 12 + 9 (1d20 + 9)

>>44003082
>>
Rolled 10 + 9 (1d20 + 9)

>>44003082
First warping success please?
>>
Rolled 3 + 9 (1d20 + 9)

>>44003082
>>
We're at 13 favour with King now, yeah?
>>
>>44003113
Yergh.
>>
>>44003090
Success! For once!
>>
As you give Ms Carter the King of Hells power, you add your own to it as well.

Ms Carter starts to transform before your eyes: her skin takes on a deep red colour; her eyes shift to yellow; she gains several inches in height and her fingers and toes sprout claws – ruining her shoes; her body changes shape from her usual shape to a perfect hourglass-like figure with a narrow waist, wide hips and an impressive bust; her face changes from stark and severe to a picture of perfection; a pair of horns sprout from her forehead and a long sinuous tail grows rapidly from her backside – tearing a hole in her skirt; finally a pair of red bat-like wings erupt from her back – further ruining her clothes.

Ms Carter stands there gasping for breath as if she has run for miles. Standing before you half-naked you watch as her limbs bend backwards before resuming their normal position – though she doesn't seem to be in any pain from this. You also see eyes and strange symbols appear on her flesh momentarily, before disappearing again.

“I...I...” says Ms Carter.

“How do you feel?” you ask her softly, as she looks down at her new form.

“I feel...really good” she purrs, looking you in the eyes, giving you a sultry smile and placing her hands on your hips, then trailing a finger across your stomach “want me to show you how good I feel?”

You hope this is just some sort of post-transformation rush “Ms Carter” you say clearly “get a hold of yourself – you said you had the weekly cashflows to sort through this afternoon.”

Ms Carter looks lost for a moment, her eyes losing focus, then she shakes her head, takes her hands off you and steps back.

“I'm sorry” she says “that was most unprofessional of me, I apologise, it won't happen again. I just....suddenly there was something very...appealing about you.”

“It's ok” you reassure her “no harm done.”
>>
XXX

You spend the next few days helping Ms Carter get to grips with her new powers and form. Once you are done she can fly passably well, resume her own form and hold it for hours, and assume other forms, with some concentration. She is also far stronger and faster than normal humans – though not on your level. She can also locate you and your other family members perfectly, unless you conceal yourself using magic or psychic powers.

Once she is happy that she has everything under control, she resumes her work in the Waystation though she sometimes visits the Pink Delight to look at their accounts.

XXX

“That was really nice” says Rainya, the two of you relaxing on the beach alone on your private island, once Ms Carter has left your realm “I know how those Gifts can be useful for you” continues Rainya “so giving them away is a big deal”.

“Sometimes its more important to share” you say, A Rainya on either side of you “and speaking of...” You tell her about wanting to share a divine Aspect with her.

The two Rainyas go rigid in shock.

“What?!” one yelps

“Really?” asks the other, a disbelieving look on her face.

“Really” you reassure her.

“But I mean...me, I mean, will I be Reunited or something” she babbles, words tumbling from two mouths.

“I doubt it” you say “that's not how it works.”

“But I'll be like, a small god or something” says Rainya “like the household gods that people call on sometimes?”

“Well you're already the goddess of this household” you say with a grin “you cook, you clean, you keep my bed warm-”

Rainya sticks her tongue out at you “you know what I mean” she complains “what will this make me?”

“A goddess, kinda” you say with a shrug “you'll have some divine powers like me, be able to affect the world like me, I think, in some way.”

“In some way” echoes Rainya “what way? You said yours are Impossibility, Corruption and Family, what will I get? What should I get?”
>>
You think about it. You can't predict exactly what Aspect Rainya can get, though you are fairly sure she'll be able to choose it on some level, even if only subconsciously.

You think about Rainya, she cares very deeply, perhaps an aspect about emotion maybe? She also wants to protect people she cares about, perhaps similar to your own family aspect, or maybe a protective one. You also can't recall Rainya ever losing hope for long – she gets upset but bounces back pretty fast, so maybe something to do with that.

And of course, since you're giving her this aspect, maybe she'll be able to develop one just like one of your Aspects.

Advise Rainya to pick an aspect?

>Y/N

No means saying something supportive and encouraging, but non-specific.

Which Aspect?

>Emotion
>Protection
>Hope
>Family
>Impossibility
>Corruption
>Other (what?)

Note that this is what Shee says to Rainya, not forcing her to pick the aspect you want – Rainya might pick another one (consciously or otherwise).
>>
>>44003284
>Y
>Hope
>>
>>44003284
>N
>Hope
>>
>>44003284
>Y
>Infinity or we ditch you and take Kae Rainya, don't fuck this up
Just kidding, but seriusly
>Y
>Infinity
>>
>>44003284
Infinity, if it's an option.
>>
>>44003319
its an option to say "infinity" yes
>>
>>44003284
>>44003307
This
>>
>>44003284
>N
>Protection
>>
>>44003284
>N
just let it happen.
>>
>>44003333
Normally Id say that makes no sense, but its Shee, advises Rainya to go for "Infinity" probably even makes sense for her. So
>Y
>Infinity
>>
>>44003307
>>44003319
>>44003336
>Implying Infinity matches her in any way shape or form

Jeeze guys, stop powergaming for one second.
>>
>>44003284
>Y
>Family
>>
>>44003361
>the girl that multiplies herself doesn't fit infinity
Wut
>>
>>44003361
>implying it doesn't
Her base power is making more bodies. Infinity aspect is expressed by having fucktons of bodies.

It's also one of the three that Pally said she's currently leaning towards along with Protection and Heroism.
>>
>>44003284
>N
I kinda want something suitably alien, is the Infinity asoect not on the table anymore?
> Infinity
>>
>>44003284
>Y
>Hope
I just think that Shee recommending Hope as something fitting to Rainya (and what she means to Shee) would be cute. I don't particularly care which aspect she winds up with in the end, I'm sure it'll be good.

>>44003361
>Implying the aspect recommended dictates which she has access to or which she chooses
>Implying that aspects which do not fit or match are even options for her to select
>>
>>44003284
>>44003423
Second thought, treat that >Y as >N, don't want to be the one that upsets that if possible and generic encouragement is also cute. Since Hope is unliekly to win.
>>
Guess you're recommendiung infinity

Writing.
>>
>>44003452
I'd be mad aboutt he powergaming, but well it did come up as option in the ask and Shee does have a patently alien logic to herself.
>>
>inb4 surprise Baalzamon

Also we should probably make sure Kae hasn't gone nuclear at some point in the last couple weeks.
>>
>>44003600
If she did Dev might be in for a wyld ride.
>>
>>44003452
Did Yonsul leave a message about her clan or not to clan decision while we were out?
>>
>>44003452
Wonder how Shee's gonna damage contro when she flips the fuck out about that being the Mirror's thing.
>>
>>44003723
>Wonder how Shee's gonna damage contro when she flips the fuck out about that being the Mirror's thing.
Impossibility is also the Mirrors thing, thats the joke.
>>
>>44003733
I don't think Impossibility is the mirror's thing. I mean, it's an extra magical aspect and the Mirror is a mage god but I don't think they actually have Impossibility.
>>
>>44003361
>Jeeze guys, stop powergaming for one second.

> What kinds of adpects are Rainya leaning towards currenty?

>Infinity, Protection, Heroism
>>
>>44003765
>I don't think Impossibility is the mirror's thing.
We were directly told it is back when we killed Tom.
I didn't believe it was until then either, but the Five confirmed this might play a role in why he got so pissed.
>>
>>44003765
We were told it was when the Mirror's thing when it had that strop that we broke it's toy.
>>
>>44003798
Oh wow. No wonder he's so pissed, then. Shee's basically his evil twin.
>>
>>44003813
The delicious irony of Shee being basically his greatest disciple is part of what makes this antagonism so hilarious, and might be why he still hasn't calmed down.

Only that Shee doesn't so much adapt herself to things around herself, as that she adapts everything around her to herself.
>>
>>44003844
>>44003813
Huehuehue
>>
>>44003844
So, peace talks when?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.