[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1 (29).jpg (444 KB, 640x776) Image search: [Google]
1 (29).jpg
444 KB, 640x776
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Old Thread >>43989129
>>
File: elf_engineer.jpg (375 KB, 686x900) Image search: [Google]
elf_engineer.jpg
375 KB, 686x900
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing

I decided to see if I could make an interesting Construct-based summoner variant.

It owes a lot to the Celestial Summoner (Though it's less dedicated in it's focus than that one was)

Feedback would be appreciated. I'm trying not to have it be TOO powerful. At least in comparison to the base summoner.

Using a name in case I need to reply to people's comments. Otherwise it gets a bit confusing at times.
>>
>>43996535
So... Regarding >>43995413

I gave it a try with my current (rough) iteration.

How did it work out?

CR7 PoW encounter:
Human Aurora Soul Mystic Quick NPC
CR 7
hp: 80
Init: +6 (+4+2), perception: +12
AC: 24 /FF: 16 /Tch:18 /CMD: 29 (25+4)
Saves (G):9 /(M): 8/(B): 6
Atk: Two Unarmed +11 ~Dmg: 1d4+6 [<10.5 (21/2)] = /CMB:+14
DC (Hi): 17/(Med): 15/(Low): 12
Skill (Hi): 19/(Med): 15/(Low): 4
Hi: Stealth, Heal,
Med: Know (Martial), Acrobatics, Climb,
Low: Know (Nature), Swim
Roles: Soldier

Abilities:
Withstand Spell
Instant Enlightenment
Base Animus: 4

Initiator Mod: +5

Stances: (3)
L1 - Elemental Nimbus (Elemental Flux)
L1 - Body of the Night (Steel Serpent)
L3 - Elemental Flux Stance (Elemental Flux)

Maneuvers (13): [8|6]
L1 - Clockwatcher (Riven Hourglass) (Boost)
L1 - Dizzying Venom Prana (Steel Serpent) (Boost) -R
L1 - Ghost Hunting Blow (Veiled Moon) (Boost)
L1 - Inner Sense (Veiled Moon) (Boost)
L1 - Minute Hand (Riven Hourglass) (Boost)
L2 - Fading Strike (Veiled Moon) (Strike) -R -A
L2 - Half-Gone (Veiled Moon) (Counter)
L2 - Iron Fang (Steel Serpent)(Strike) -R
L3 - Altered Penumbra (Veiled Moon) (Counter) -R
L3 - Raging Flux (Elemental Flux) (Boost) -R
L3 - Sight Piercing Fang (Steel Serpent) (Boost) -R
L3 - Temporal Fury (Riven Hourglass) (Strike) -R
L4 - Temporal Body Adjustment (Riven Hourglass) (Counter) -R -A

Feats:
Imp. Unarmed
Greater Unarmed
Two-Weapon Fighting
Martial Charge
Victoriouos Recovery
Tactical Rush
Extra Readied Maneuver x3
>>
Are Aldori Duelling mastery and Dervish Dance the only feats that reward using a weapon one-handed?
>>
>>43996572
Are you the same anon who worked on the Munitions Master archetype?
>>
If I have Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus, will Spell Focus (Mythic) increase the DC by 2 total or by 1? "The bonus to save DCs provided by Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus for that school increases by 1."
>>
>>43996606
Sounds like it would be 2 total
>>
>>43996600

I am one of.

I'm the guy who did the second version. Part of which (Hit the Dirt!) was incorporated into the first one.
>>
File: Big-Hero-6-Movie-54[1].jpg (83 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Big-Hero-6-Movie-54[1].jpg
83 KB, 1920x1200
>>43996573
It's a monk NPC, as you can tell.

>>43996572
Why no Construct Eidolon?

Also, it lacks higher level construct summons.
>>
>>43996636
Thank you, friend.

>>43996640
Why didn't Hiro just make more microbots? Like, for real. Some genius.
>>
How do you DMs use PoW as foes, but keep in mind all the numbers and crucial bits involved without being overburdened?
I mean, say you have a squad of novice initiators of 2-3 different types. That is a lot of fucking shit to keep in mind that could change from round to round.
>>
>>43996606
2. It doubles both bonuses independently.

If you have spell perfection it applies to that, too, so you're getting +4 .
>>
>>43996640

Yeah, the construct summons are still a work in progress. There is a damn lot of monsters to run through. Sorry about that.

Funny thing: The Animated Tank from the 'You go to WWII' adventure path has the right Challenge Rating to fit into Summon Monster VIII so at level 18 your battle plan can be 'Summon 1d4+1 tanks'

As for the lack of Construct Eidolon...personal preference, mostly. It gave a lot more room for playing about with other stuff rather than 'Eidolon gets construct type, a few minor tweaks'.

The theme is supposed to be less 'I've got one badass robot' and more 'The future is coming, I am it's herald'.

Hope that makes vague sense.
>>
>>43996656
I'd assume he used that Kalahan guy's lab to make more bots?

Realistically making another mind control mask, one with an override would have instantly won everything. Asshole will be two hundred feet above ground and Hiro flips the off switch on his new and improved Kabuki mask and the criminal is dead.

Fluff wise you can make a robotic eidolon but giving it construct immunities in place of the outsider stuff? I dunno.
>>
>>43996639
Cool.
If I may, I think you could do well with a rework instead.

I feel as if, there could be more rewarding roleplaying involved if the Futurists' Eidolon started as a small clockwork instead, which could become one size larger as it progresses by level.

He can spend the usual evolution points normally, but he also gains 'upgrade points'

Said upgrades can be used to grant "mechanical" bonuses to the construct instead such as adamantine armor or spring-powered fist, or a steam breath.

That said, granting those feats like gunsmithing and technological weapons were pretty good.
If I may add, maybe grant them a bonus to knowledge: engineering as well as the technologist feat.
Personally, maybe even include the siege feats if ever the Futurist plans on installing siege weapons on their constructs or even when they want to build their own cannon golem.

Craft Construct for free is great. Maybe also grant the Construct Armor upgrade from the construct crafting rules for free as well in another alternate archetype if an enterprising futurist wishes to become Iron Man.

The name of the archetype could use work though. Futurist seems vague as well as its other class features. I'd call the Futurist's Eidolon the Mechanical Marvel personally.
>>
>>43996666
>there are literally spells designed around cheesing initiative rolls in your favor.
Oh yea? Like what?
>>
>>43996763
>I feel as if, there could be more rewarding roleplaying involved if the Futurists' Eidolon started as a small clockwork instead, which could become one size larger as it progresses by level.
>He can spend the usual evolution points normally, but he also gains 'upgrade points'

He already stated he wants a robot army.
I guess just giving the Futurist a construct HD he can toy around with is an approach - He can make multiple minions or one really big jaeger.
>>
>>43996763

Hmm...maybe.

I'll admit: I do like the idea of a repertoire of summonable constructs rather than a set one.

Still, those are some interesting ideas.

Perhaps a second archetype would be best for that. I do like homebrew so I might do both. One for the "I'm bringing the future with my robot army." and one for "BEHOLD MY CREATION AND COWER!"

My thoughts for the alternate: Only play with stuff that Synthesist doesn't play with. So while it's Ediolon focused they could be combined to get Iron Man if you really wanted a robot suit or Big Hero 6 if they didn't.
>>
>>43996676
My understanding is most people only have bosses do maneuvers.

But I'll be trying it in my next campaign, using simplified NPC stat blocks and choosing maneuvers that are easier to keep track of.

I will also likely give them less stances/maneuvers, and ignore recharging, just allowing them to do each Maneuver once per combat.
>>
>>43996763

>If I may add, maybe grant them a bonus to knowledge: engineering as well as the technologist feat.

Technologist wouldn't be a bad idea.

The issue is that, right now, there is WAY too much stuff at level 1 if I add Technologist.

Gunsmith, Summon Construct Creature and Technologist.

A lot of it is Pathfinder's annoying 'You must take X feat to get basic access to stuff' system with guns and technology. So there is a lot of hurdles to jump through along the way for the concept.

Any idea on where to slot it in/how to tinker with feats would be nice.
>>
>>43996676
Its no different from making an encounter involving enemy casters.

Make a small list of its available spells.
Granted, neither the initiator nor the enemy wizard would ever get to cast all of its tricks due to the nature of PF's rocket tag metagame. Just give them the ones that count.
>>
>>43996855
Not really. None of those features are particularly strong.
>>
>>43996855
How about just make them optional bonus feats the Futurist can access at every odd level, similar to the monk's style feats?
>>
>>43996855
I think you can get rid of gunsmithing, craft tech weapons and siege feats.

As per craft construct rules, the construct automatically is proficient with any weapon installed. You, as the futurist, don't necessarily need to be proficient at them yourself.
>>
>>43996855
Ditch Craft: Technological Weapons maybe?
Not all DMs are comfortable with them in their games, be it from a storytelling standpoint or a game-mechanics standpoint.
>>
>>43996786
At low level there's anticipate peril, cat's grace (unless you're some weird dex based caster I've never seen), good hope etc.

At high level (where things REAAALLY break down) there's foresight.

That said, arcane casters get cheesy shit like familiars of +4 initiative, less feat requirements so they can get improved initiative, or you're a fucking cleric or druid who don't just crumple up and die when they get hit in the first round anyhow.

Let's not forget the actual contingency spell which also kind of prevents getting wasted instantly. "If someone attacks me while I'm flat footed emergency force sphere!" or whatever.
>>
>>43996962
Also, a lot of caster classes get some cool shit to initiative ala time oracles or divination school wizards.
>>
>>43996869

They are not particularly strong, no. On the other hand I do feel a bit worried about going 'Suddenly, 3 free feats!'

>>43996902

Perhaps.

As a 'Maybe' I've shoved Technologist AND Craft Technological Item at level 3. I mean, all Technologist does is unlock the ability to take Craft Technological Item most of the time.

Ideas for the 'Single Big Creature' focused one:

Showtime!: You may summon your Eidolon as a standard action anywhere within 60ft rather than a 1 minute ritual. When it is summoned you may make a touch attack against one creature adjacent to your Eidolon. This creature takes 1d6 damage/level and is knocked prone (Max 15d6). This damage is the same sort as one natural or manufactured weapon that your Eidolon has.

This replaces Summon Monster.

It's pretty damn powerful against that poor guy but at best you could do it every 2 rounds (With one round of doing nothing and having no creature) and only single target.

>>43996942

There is that. More pondering is needed. I might make some of it 'OR'. So you get Craft Technological item OR Craft Magic Item. As the later level stuff lets you pick.
>>
>>43996860
Enemy casters don't have things that dynamically change the battlefield via +1s, or class features that mean shit changes by rote.
It's like, ok, say I have a lvl7 and 4 warders, 2 level 5 warlords, and a level 6 harbinger. That is a lot of math and effects to balance out in my head, more than "I cast spell/maneuver".
>>
Well, I've had fun high-level campaigns.
>>
I got invited to a Giantslayers game, they are on Chapter 2 and I haven't said yes or no. On one had playing another game would be fun however I don't really have any good ideas for new characters that would be achievable with Paizo only in a group that isn't very RP heavy and more just railroady follow the storyline.

I was thinking about doing a Seige Mage Wizard eventually however it is so gimmicky I would probably be really useless in a lot of scenarios especially in an Adventure Path.
>>
>>43997039
I forgot to add: Anyone have fun ideas for characters?
>>
>>43996962
Good Hope and Foresight don't give initiative, and Cat's Grace can be accomplished with a magic item. Fair point about Anticipate Peril.
>>
>>43997012
There's plenty of other classes that give more than that. If it makes sense for it to have, then give it to them.
>>
I'm looking for a way to keep track of spells for a prepared divine caster. I normally use index cards with spell descriptions for arcane casters, making a "deck" of all spells known/in a spellbook, but divine casters have access to their whole list, so this method is nearly useless, especially because I'm going to prepare a lot of different spells each day. Looking for advice on how no to stagger everything by scouring through the rulebooks in search of stats.
>>
File: 1447068220122.jpg (924 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
1447068220122.jpg
924 KB, 1256x1631
Fuck this thing
>>
>>43997049
What role do you plan on filling?
>>
>>43997113
No idea, I believe they have a Witch, some sort of martial and another caster. I don't think it matters what I play I just want to try something that is fun to play.
>>
File: 1280x720-ED4.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-ED4.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>43997110
Close enough.
>>
>>43997110
>about 27meters long.. weight.. about 1.7 ton..
>>
>>43997018
You either bake the buffs into their statblocks, or you give them other abilities instead.

Unless you really want to track all that stuff.
>>
>>43997085
I make a shortlist, on my character sheet, with the spell rules baked in. for summons, I include the stats of the things I will actually summon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TekC3TdlXC-MBb1C6f4xwqI_vNp_ED02O-tEVz_eDvA/edit
>>
>>43997173
Yes, anon. it's like a giant sponge, what of it?
>>
Alright.

Baseline for the other techie Summoner, focused on a big guy.

<Name required>

Mechanical Marvel: The Summoner's Eidolon or Fused Eidolon has a modified selection of Evolutions available to it. The Eidolon is a Construct rather than an Outsider (Construct is a lot better than outsider aside from lack of healing so some balancing factor will need to be made. Maybe less evolution points to start? Or just make it 'Mostly a construct' and not give it stuff like Immunity to Mind Affecting, Sneak Attack and Crits)

Loses: Minor Magic, Gills, Alignment Smite, Channel Resistance, Undead Appearance, Celestial Appearance, Damage Reduction(It's tied to alignment. Will need a new one for a construct version), Fiendish Appearance, Major Magic, Dimension Door, Incorporeal Form, Ultimate Magic

Gains: Implanted Firearms? Ideas here would be good.

Showtime! (Su)

You may summon your Eidolon as a standard action anywhere within 60ft rather than a 1 minute ritual.

When it is summoned all enemies within 5ft of the Eidolon take 1d6 damage/level and are knocked prone. This damage is the same sort as one natural or manufactured weapon that your Eidolon has. A reflex save with a DC = 10 + 1/2 Level + Summoner's Int Mod halves the damage and negates the prone.

You may fuse with your Eidolon as a free action, joining it in it's current location if you have Fused Eidolon or Merge Forms.

This replaces Summon Monster.
>>
>>43997173
Did Crystal work on the Beastiary?
>>
>>43997057
Good Hope gives you a morale bonus to ability checks. The second sentence in initiative is that it is a Dextery check.

Foresight doesn't technically give initiative but it makes it so you can't get completely wrecked by losing initiative because you're impossible to be caught surprised or flat footed and get your immediate action. There are untold numbers of things casters can do with immediate actions. This cheese initiative.

Cat's Grace can be emulated with a magic item but why waste the money? Unless you're some weird wizard or relies on his AC and wants the dex or something just casting the spell for initiative when you go into a dangerous place seems more prudent if that's something you're worried about.

Like I said, this is largely irrelevant as casters almost always have the best initiate anyhow.
>>
>>43997200
>Gains: Implanted Firearms? Ideas here would be good.

Just give the Mechanic the Craft Construct feat so he can modify the Mechanical Marvel any way he wishes.
>>
>>43997208
It's usually worth it to wear a Dex item for a caster. AC is good to have.

I can't think of anything important casters can do with immediate actions. All that comes to mind is tower of iron will.
>>
>>43997244
Emergency Force Sphere. The exact scenario was getting lept on when you get beat in initiative. Or counterspelling the other caster who beat you on initiative before he can wreck you with his absurd spells.
>>
File: 1448989090581.jpg (566 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448989090581.jpg
566 KB, 1200x1200
You will never know this feeling of camaraderie
>>
Does anyone have that expert build that out damages a Kineticist?
>>
I think I found Desna guys
>>
>>43997321
But it's not only an elf (or half-elf), it's not even female.
>>
>>43997253
How are you counterspelling as an immediate action without reading a counterspell?
>>
File: the fey are your friends.gif (912 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
the fey are your friends.gif
912 KB, 400x300
>>43997321
>>43997341
you're both wrong

it's definitely a female and it's just the fey
>>
>>43997344
There's a feat for that, iirc.
>>
How does one teach animals tricks?

I'm playing an Oracle Juju necromancer and I'm planning on training a swarm of insects I animate to do tricks, like calling them to cover a specific side of me "Block, Front" But I'm unsure how many commands their little brains hold. Any suggestions or experience with Quality > Quantity necro.
>>
>>43997321
>>43997341
>>43997360
Pretty sure she's female
>>
>>43997370
Handle Animal, duh. It's all in the skill description.
>>
File: Emergency Force Sphere1.png (267 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Emergency Force Sphere1.png
267 KB, 1200x800
>>43997344
The idea is using Emergency Force Sphere to suddenly throw up a bubble to eat a hit or eight for you. As far as counterspelling options go, there are a couple like the Arcanist's Counterspell exploit that can be used as an Immediate action. Either way, you can always use Spellcraft as a free action to identify an enemy spell being cast.
>>
>>43997386
Shit...you are right. It's to early for me, my bad. Oh well one step closer to unleashing the ZomBEES.
>>
>>43997373
don't know why this has to be done every time
http://princerits.tumblr.com/post/69816595876/im-pretty-tired-of-all-that-circus-about-gender
>>
Hey I was curious about getting some help with figuring out a good build for a character in a homebrew campaign a friend of mine is running. At the moment I've got two main race options and am leaning towards going with a melee oriented class, likely a warder as the group could use a solid control/tank. What I was wondering is what sort of build would you guys suggest and which of the two race options seems like the better choice? Optimization is ideal though preferably without any full on obvious rules bending. Stats were rolled and I got pretty fucking lucky with an 18,18,16,14,12,12 array and we're starting at level 1 with average wealth for the class. Two traits are allowed and that should about cover the character gen stuff.

Race 1, pretty much centaurs plain and simple.
http://pastebin.com/7p8EaZAi

Race 2, humanoid constructs which still have a constitution stat but retain all the normal immunities and are able to be healed albeit at a reduced level by traditional healing spells.
http://pastebin.com/54BV8Unp

So far it seems like the former lends itself well to a very mobile and offensive warder likely with the sworn protector and just having my charge ride on my back. I'm thinking of mixing it with Zweihander sentinel either way as it looks like it is straight up better than a flat warder in most ways aside from aegis radius.

The latter option seems far better for defense as the mix of immunites, SR, and DR mean it will be hard to take down though healing will be an issue without prepping a specialized means which could get expensive. The drop in speed would also be immense as in full plate I'd be left at the standard somewhat sluggish 20' compared to a whopping 50', 80' once I get some horseshoes of speed.

So who's willing to lend their expertise in making a brutally powerful knight?
>>
>>43997416
That's aww
>>
>>43997416
Not the same person bro
>>
If I'm a Cleric of Erastil with Animal Domain (with Boon Companion) and Chilvary Inquisition. Do I get to use 2 animal companions at full level?
>>
>>43997370
New question, insects seem to have null int, and would therefore learn no tricks. What do?
>>
>>43997527
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/vermin-heart

+ Avatism or something.
>>
>>43997389
>there are a couple like the Arcanist's Counterspell exploit that can be used as an Immediate action.
What are they? Are you Elsbeth's player?
>>
>>43997370
Don't you mean Quantity > Quality?

So that's why you posted the BH6 image last thread.

>nanomachines
MICRO! MICRO!

Anyway there's no way to get undead vermin to learn tricks permanently as far as I know. You can manually give them int with Avatism for 1min/lvl or whatever but that's awful.
>>
>>43997363
3rd party.
>>
>>43997585
I said that backwards my bad. Also someone mentioned this last thread? That's neat.

"..it loses access to all of those tricks save for attack. "
I guess that helps, (hey I gain attack) but I am pretty sure I could command them to attack anyways maybe?

Also I'd have to start getting scrolls to cast Atavism, and somehow dip Druid.
>>
How does Treat Deadly Wounds section of the Heal skill work? It says "Treating deadly wounds restores 1 hit point per level of the creature. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount." The DC is 20. So, if I roll a 25, what happens - do I heal 1 hp/level + Wisdom modifier or do I heal 1+Wisdom modifier hp/level?
>>
What's so good about the Psychic Bloodline? The +10 concentration penalty makes all your spells being Still and Silent seem not that exciting... a DC 43 concentration check to cast a 9th level spell defensively? Ugh....
>>
>>43997648
1 hp/level + WIS for sure.
>>
>>43989575
>>tfw everyone ends up arguing over how op wizards are and ignores the original post

I plan to rob a bank vault in my pathfinder game. The vault is more of a storage room, with loads of random crap in it, but there are some extremely valuable items in it. My plan is as follows:
-Cast mirror image
-Cast invisibility
-Cast freedom of movement
-Summon eagles or other fast monster capable of grabbing shit
-Cast teleport to get into the vault (I am certain that there are no tele-blocking wards or other traps since I have been in there and cast detect magic around)

-Order eagles/other summons to grab the magic items
This is my problem, I don't know if I'll be able to get hold of the items fast enough. I feel that the guard of the vault (a magical beast that can shoot laser beams and shit) will be able to start attacking me too fast. I'll probably die immediately as well if the beast gets a full attack on me.

-Teleport out with the items

So, are there any ways to quickly bring the valuable items to me whilst minimizing the risk for retaliation?
>>
>>43997693
What level are you?
>>
>>43997729
We're low level (6, I think) but I'll wait until at least level 9 for teleport. Why do you ask?
>>
>>43997656
Don't get yourself into the situation where you needs to makes concentration check. Why are you even in enemy threatening range?

best things about Psychic Bloodline is the bonus spell (all new spells that Sorcerer doesn't normally have access to) that auto update itself.
>>
>>43997751
Assuming you have more then one 5th level slot which you absolutely must or you are a shit wizard: don't summon anything, it'll draw attention and is too time-consuming, use Telekinesis to quickly stuff things into a bag of holding and then teleport away.
>>
>>43996599
There's stuff in the new weapon-nerd book.
>>
>>43997693
>>43997783
Also, place a Wall of Force near the entrance, it'll delay the guardian.
>>
>>43997656
Use move action to cancel that? Cast spells without thought component?
>>
>>43997781
Fair point. I was worried about monsters with reach and being charged.

>>43997818
Most of my spells have metamagic feats applied to them and thought components.
>>
>>43997870
If you are charged, use Emergency Force Sphere.
>>
Need advices for some builds

A Kineticist
A Medium - champion spirit
An Occultist
An all-round alchemist
>>
>>43997870
Also 1st level Bloodline power doesn't mentioned that it's a mind-affecting effects for some reason. So you can use it to hits Undead,Construct and Virmin and giggle.
>>
>>43997965
>Kineticist
Level 9 initiator with Enter the Vortex Stance, use any other ranged weapon until then.
>>
>>43997965
If you wants to focus on only Champion Spirit, you should play other martial class. But if you really wants to go Halfling for that FCB (and Risky Striker feat).
>>
>>43997965
>Kineticist
Don't do it. Be a Wordcasting Sorcerer if you want to blast shit.
>>
>>43997965
What kind of build are you going for Kineticist and Occultist? What kind of materials book allows?

Gives us more information.
>>
File: Only druid with ranks in climb.jpg (190 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
Only druid with ranks in climb.jpg
190 KB, 629x800
>>43997263
I'll live. He who travels fastest travels alone.
>>
What's the best way to makes dual-wield shield character in Pathfinder (no 3pp).

I guess Ranger is the best choice for early Shield Master? Which Archetypes work the best for this build?

Is it wrong if I go pure STR and wear Heavy Armor and maybe ride on my Horse (or Griffon if I have enough left over feat)?
>>
>>43998422
It's shit. You need Dex for TWF, and you don't benefit in any way from wielding two shields.
>>
>>43996572

Here again.

Does anyone know any CR constructs other than the Rune Guardian, Homunculus and Wyrwood(With a single class level)?

Trying to finish up the Summon Monster table for constructs.
>>
>>43998462
>You need Dex for TWF
You don't if you're a Ranger.

> You don't benefit in any way from wielding two shields.
Do you even know what Shield Master feat do? It's a super discount on magic weapon. It's 50,000gp for two +5 Weapon (with +5 AC too) instead of 100,000gp. Even lower if you have a crafter.
>>
>>43998473

...CR 1.

I meant CR 1.

It's not a construct but I'm thinking Melancholic Ooze Swarm might be the best option there just because it's Alchemical.
>>
>>43998522
You're right, if you choose the TWF style-which means Shield Master takes a 3 feat cost before picking up, for a pair of 1d4/1d3 /x2 weapons, when, even if at an increased cost, you could be running weapons with far bigger critical ranges/damage die. A +5 1d4 shield deals an average of 7.5 damage, the same as a +3 longsword without taking into account the increased critical range. A +3 longsword costs less than the +5 shield.
>>
>>43998567
> Implying Weapon and Shield style doesn't have TWF on its 2nd level list.

Must be tough being blind.
>>
>>43998567
> Shield-Trained Trait
> Large Spiked Heavy Shield is now a one-handed weapon 1d8
> No inappropriate size penalty and TWF penalty due to Shield Master.
>>
>>43998593
Improved and Greater TWF, tho?
>>43998713
Alright, missed that part on Shield Master about the no penalties. Still a 19-20 crit range at best when you could be running 15-20, though.
>>
So, I posted a question a few threads back (Yesterday, damned we burn through theese fast) about Multiclassing Wizzard/Cleric
How does spells per day work then? Do they have X-amount of Cleric Spells, and Y amount of Wizzard spells? Or do they share a single table, or what?
Or am I being a scrub, and it says so obvioulsy in the PHB?
>>
>>43998750
By RAW Shield Master affects all attack roll penalty including Power Attack.

Also another benefit is that it leave your shield's weapon enhacement side empty. So you could fills all those with Flaming,Frost,Shocking and other fun stuff.
>>
>>43998137
all paizo books, no 3rd-party.

Kineticist ranged guy
Medium and Occultist melee guys
Alchemist support guy
>>
>>43998828
Totally separate pool.
>>
>>43997965
>Kineticist
1 level Kineticist / 19 levels of Arcanist.

Though really, I think there might be a place for the Kineticist with an initiator archetype.

At least, even though their damage is shit, they can augment that with stances and maneuvers.

Still not as good as an initiator class regardless
>>
>>43998841
You knew that Kineticist ranged damage is around the same level with expert with bow right?

You play Kineticist for utility (Aether pushing people off the ledge and being invisible all day).

If you really have to though, go with Air. Grab Air's Reach and Extend Range so you can snipe from far away.
>>
What are some good Divination Magic that isn't in Sorcerer/Wizard list?
>>
>>43997693
Does your GM allow for custom spells? See if you can develop one that pulls all items towards a specific point. It's specific enough that you might get away with it as a level 2 spell or something
>>
I have an urgent need to be able to cast Restoration. I'm a 10-th level druid, I have the Dreamed Secrets feat. How can I do it, without multiclassing (or prestige-classing)? UMD is an option, but I'd like a more solid ability.
>>
>>43997110
>Same length as a blue whale
>Would Assume roughly the same volume maybe 30% smaller
>Weighs less than 100th its weight
>>
>>43999267
Synapse overload, a divination spell that deals damage and staggers for one round.
>>
>>43998841
For ranged go Air/Air/Aether or Void. Deadly Shot, Point Blank and Precise shot are necessary feats, I like delay blast, mainly because if you can get a the drop on someone you can unleash 2 fully charged blasts to start the encounter, but it is situational, expanded defense is also good for aether, if you go earth instead it's also pretty good. Toughness and Ability focus are pretty solid too, a quicken spell like ability can work pretty will with kinetic wall for emergency cover to protect you from damage.

The only real wild talents you need are extended reach, Air's Reach and flight.

I believe there isn't any official errata too conductive weapon yet, so using that with your electric blast would do a ton of damage on a long bow, and if you went that path then you should grab rapid shot. If you go down that path you should also definitely grab void third so you can use composite blasts with the bow which will do stupid damage (5 attacks for 1d8+str+30d6+1.5 con, not including overflow damage, deadly shot and magic enchants to the bow or additional boosts from aethric boost or gravity boost, but that would cost a lot of burn.)
>>
Is there a way to summon Qlippoth at a relatively low level?

I made a character that's a priest of Rovagug and I'm wondering if there is a way other then higher level spells like Gate or Planar Ally.
>>
>>43999761
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-summoning-affinity-qlippoth
>>
>>43999761
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/expanded-summon-monster
>>
I want to run an Adventure Path (WotR with minor adjustments, namely), but in a homebrew setting. How hard would that be?

Also, Hell's Vengeance when?
>>
>>43999910
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9gds
>>
Can /pfg/ clarify something?
Does this mean you just increase rolled damage die or would you increase your strength bonus to grapple damage as well?

>Deadly Grappler (Combat)

>You have learned to leverage a grappling creature's weight against it. While you're grappled, attacks you make against the grappler using armor spikes, a light or one-handed weapon, a natural weapon, or an unarmed strike deal damage as if the strike or weapon were one size category larger than it actually is.
>>
>>43999986
When something says "one size larger" your strength bonus stays the same, but the damage die goes up.
>>
File: 1445482051063.png (277 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1445482051063.png
277 KB, 444x440
So: we just submitted the final doc for Path of War: Expanded to Bossman: Freedomistan Edition. 344 kilobites /of literally only text and Word-document tables/, no art, no pictures, no non-text whatsoever.

God cannot save Layout now.
>>
>>44000010
Thanks buddy
>>
>>44000155
Yay!

Speaking of PoWE, Gareth, what's your opinion on Tempest Gale and Solar Wind? I'm considering making a pure archer initiator.
>>
>>44000175
Mainly indifference. I don't have a lot of ranged concepts and rarely, if ever, play ranged characters that aren't spellcasters.
>>
>>44000192
Fair enough. Thanks for the response anyways.
>>
>>44000175
You should probably add Elemental Flux to the mix if you want some variance into it.
>>
>>44000175
I've been playing a Hawkguard Warder for a game for a while now. Tempest Gale and Solar Wind work really well together.
>>
Lovely, the Greed, Lust, and Pride phantoms don't have Emotional Conduit, Fractured Mind, and Spirit-Bound Blade options.

This a oversight?
>>
>>44000269
I'm not really a fan of Elemental Flux, sadly. I'm not sure why, it's just not my thing, and I probably wouldn't play around with it on a class other than Mystic anyways because of all the Animus stuff.

>>44000280
Awesome. I'm really looking forward to ranged shenanigans; you can get some surprising damage going with Solar Wind, and Tempest Gale locking them down sounds awesome too.
>>
>>44000346
There's a ranged prestige class in Path of War: Expanded, the Phoenix Champion. It's got some goody-two shoes aligned fluff, but it gives you access to Solar Wind, Tempest Gale and Silver Crane. Those three disciplines together can make for a really competent ranged character.
>>
>>44000363
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.
>>
>>43999910

Replace the demons with Ottoman Empire and crusaders as Europe.

Nothing besides names will change.
>>
>>43999369
Thanks. I'm looking at Harrowed Student Arcanist and being able to access other class Divination seems fun.
>>
>>43999482
I thinks you miss this part of Conductive Weapon

> This weapon special ability can only be used once per round
>>
Is there any good guide to going full Wizard-allmighty mode with an Arcanist? Want to prove to a 1pp only DM that I can break almost anything with just "balanced" paizo content.
>>
>>44000433
Go Half-Elf Sorcerer with False Priest archetype and Paragon Surge spell. Enjoy instant access to your whole spell list and ability to cast any divine spell.
>>
>>44000461
I'd like to go with something relatively more subtle, if possible-Paragon Surge is something he's not keen on allowing already.
>>
File: WIZARD.png (1 MB, 1096x729) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD.png
1 MB, 1096x729
>>44000433
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/19eADtzhxjNq8n8esfos6gnmotwPAIFot-ouLztuQtqA/pub
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EjwZkuIDLUO4M_snPEeUdMWBIBz1jFk28e9HeEjUDu8/edit?pli=1

Do you really want to be that guy?
>>
>>44000433
For Arcanist? Occultist Archetype can break the game due to standard action summon monster action economy.
>>
Have you ever seen a GMPC done well, /pfg/?
If so, please elaborate on how it was pulled off.
>>
I want to build a Hellknight Signifer. My thoughts are start as Magus, possibly Eldritch Archer, and enter at 8th level, then go full Signifer. Any tips? Also, will Ranged Weapon Bond function as arcane bond for Mask feature ritual?
>>
>>44000626
Bleh don't do that.

Arcanist (Blade Adept/VMC Oracle - Battle) 6/Hellknight Signifier 10/Eldritch Knight 4

Nets you: BAB 14, CL 19 (9th level spells), Fort 7/Ref 6/Will 11

Could probably be even better by squeezing some Evangelist in there but idk
>>
Lemme ask you something, /pfg/. How do you feel about a player wanting to change characters? Is it fair game for them to bring in a new PC if they don't want to play their old one anymore, assuming there are decent RP reasons for the current PC to leave and the new one to come in? Does the player's reason for wanting to switch matter much in your opinion?
>>
Here's a PC concept I had while taking a fat shit, someone please tell me how viable this would be:
>Spheres of Power
>Incanter probably
>All in on Summoning
>Get a bunch of different summons
>Make them all be people, adventurers or something, but not ones that already exist as per the rules
>Make sure they fill all the required roles, like caster, beefcake, skillmonkey, etc.
>Run around as a self-contained party while also in an actual party

The flavor potential for this shit is off the charts, but I feel like the character would be worthless.
>>
>>44000706
Sounds kind of annoying, given that you would basically be muscling in on literally everyone else's jobs, even as a gag.
>>
>>44000612
Oh yeah, totally. Had one game where our cute gril 7/10 GM made a self-insert GMPC in a lewd campaign for exactly the purpose you'd think it'd be for. Never overshadowed the party, was actually genuinely helpful on a few occasions and was helpful in a different way on most sessions. Nah, I've never seen a good GMPC. I don't like speaking in absolute statements so I won't say it's impossible, but I will say it's rare and probably requires a particular sort of group to have a chance of working out well in the first place.
>>
>>44000706
I would break your knees if you did that in my game.
>>
>>44000684
Even if the PC they're playing is integral to the plot, it's still okay in my book.
Them playing a new character doesn't make their old one disappear, you get to play it instead.
You just need a good opportunity to introduce their new character in a way that isn't forced.
However, if the player starts changing characters like a girl changes shoes, it becomes a problem. For that, I have a house rule: if you've changed PC, you can't change again for 5 sessions minimum.
>>
Assuming I've got the stats to play almost anything, and I'm aiming for a one-handed duelist type (already got Zweihander with Scarlet Throne Style, and willing to take a longsword over great) what should I choose as my second class if it's level 4 gestalt?
>>
>>44000735
>>44000722
But wouldn't it be super shit, though?
>>
File: priestess and a witch.gif (32 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
priestess and a witch.gif
32 KB, 468x240
>>44000684
Let them do it.
Yes, but don't let them inherit items.
Not really.
>>
>>44000756
It would be an absolute action economy nightmare, talking hour long rounds.
>>
>>44000675

Not him but I was looking at stuff like this a few weeks ago. Wouldn't an Inspired Blade Swashbuckler dip make 10x more sense than the VMC?

You keep your precious feats, which you absolutely need considering Blade Adept loses a number of their exploits.

This way you get dex to damage, and panache for opportune parry and riposte, and fulfill the criteria of proficiencies for eldritch knight. Plus you get an extra bab and CL loss is made up with Magical Knack.
>>
File: tg - pfg makes Revolver Ocelot.png (40 KB, 1328x262) Image search: [Google]
tg - pfg makes Revolver Ocelot.png
40 KB, 1328x262
>>44000175
Do it. End all battles with no more than six arrows.
>>
>>44000789
Swashbuckler does not gain medium armor proficiency and thus can't into Hellknight Signifier.
>>
What do you guys think about Supernaturalist Druid?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/supernaturalist-druid-archetype

Losing Wild Shape suck but they get to steal spell from Psychic list. Also some Medium goodies like Spirit Surge and Taboo that is easy to follow.
>>
>>44000612
>after yet another saved village the village fool starts to follow us everywhere
>literally everywhere, no matter where we go
>keeps safe from fights and doesn't interfere, though
>always praises us, no matter what we do, even if we fail
>after every fight recalls highlights and such
>we eventually start giving him money and small trinkets we find and stuff
>doesn't spend anything, keeps them as mementos
>introduce That Guy the bard/rogue
>he disguised himself as a regular player so we didn't see him through first
>we camp
>the party camps and goes to sleep, That Guy keeps watch first shift
>guess what? yeah right, he tries to steal from us
>starts with our wizard's tent, wizard fails his Perception check and doesn't wake up, but because wizard has nothing of value on his person, continues to The Fan's tent
>The Fan succeeds due to a lucky roll
>wakes up
>notices That Guy rummaging through his trinket bag
>starts screaming
>That Guy stabs him in the chest, instantly killing him
>we wake up
>we realize what happened
>we get angry
>REALLY angry
>we attack That Guy
>we intended to subdue him, but he nearly killed the wizard, who in turn burned his ass to ashes
>we sell his shit, use money to resurrect The Fan
>The Fan immediately starts praising us and indirectly mocking That Guy for his inability to get rid of 1st-level commoner for good
>That Guy crumples his sheet and throws it at the GM, then storms away screaming obscenities

I guess not really a GMPC story, but I think it belongs at least here.
>>
Speaking of such things, what are generally the best options for Gunsmoke Mystic?

I'm looking at Elemental Flux/Solar wind but I'm a bit unsure about it. I'd totally take Shattered Mirror because of how stylish it is if all the strikes I could find were not actually melee-only.
>>
>>44000737
That sounds like a pretty reasonable rule. I'm mostly asking because I'm a player in a game and for various reasons in and out of character, I want to retire my current PC for a while and bring in a new one. My DM is fine with that, it isn't the first time a player has elected to change PCs in his campaign and he changed PCs several times when I was running a campaign too.

What he does seem to find really weird is that I've expressed that I'll probably later want to go back to my current PC. He hasn't said no, and from what I can tell I think he's just confused about why I would do that rather than irritated or upset at me for wanting to. I don't want it to be just a brief, one-session swap out or anything like that (I'll be spending more than 5 sessions with this new PC, barring him actually dying) but I definitely want to eventually return to my original PC. Out of character, I've been playing the same PC for the entire campaign (which has been multiple years long and reached level 13 recently) and would just like to mix things up. In character, my PC has a couple reasons why he would want to take a break for a while, including having to tend to a recently-started business and family members visiting him, plus I think the role play interactions of my new PC with the party will be interesting.

>>44000761
No intention of inheriting items is intended. I've gone out of my way to spell out why my PC will neither be giving his stuff to the party or my new PC, and likewise there's no reason the new PC would give his stuff away when he leaves the party and my current PC returns (which is my eventual plan).

Mostly I'm just curious what other people think, whether or not they find the idea of me wanting to temporarily change PCs but ultimately return to my original PC as difficult to understand as my GM does or if it's not such an unusual thing.
>>
>>44000899
>another fucking druid archetype which nerfs Wildshape

It's that difficult for paizo to make something like "you get more monsters to shape into, but lose the companion/diminished spellcasting/something"?
Also it's kind of sad the Druid can't become paraelementals with wildshape, only the main four
>>
>>44000899
Actually by RAW, that archetypes get all Medium Spirit, since it get Medium Spirit ability.
>>
>>44000843
That looks ridiculous. I love it.
>>
File: 1448253875993.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448253875993.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>Threadly reminder that Geralt of Rivia, and indeed most Witchers, are Humans with the Advanced Template and a gestalt of Slayer/Investigator!
>>
>>44001215
I thought alchemist was inspired by Witcher
>>
>>44001248
Not that anon, but while the bombs are important, aside from that Investigator fits better.
>>
>>44001248

Investigator is a hybrid of Alchemist and Rogue, it gets extracts like an alchemist but a load of knowledge, poison resistance and studied target abilities along with it.

Investigator brings the encyclopedic knowledge and mutagens, Slayer brings the raw power, tracking and footwork.
>>
>>44001215
Literally no one cares, though.
>>
>>44001215
>>44001248
Wouldn't Inquisitor be more fitting for a Witcher? They get Monster Lore and they are good at tracking.
>>
>>44001286

>Witchers
>Giving Judgement
>>
>>44001299

Sanctified Slayer
>>
What kind of splatbook would you like to see?
A Luton splatbook?
Something for orcs, gnolls, and similar races?
Something else?
>>
>>44001286

Investigator/Slayer is literally a description of what a Witcher does, though.

They investigate the scene of a monster attack, then they track down the beast to slay it.

Investigate, Slay; Investigator/Slayer.
>>
File: 1433436609777.png (842 KB, 745x1247) Image search: [Google]
1433436609777.png
842 KB, 745x1247
>>44000612
We once had an escort mission for some royalty. Half paid and halfway through, Princess finds out she's no longer royalty when her kingdom is over throne and taken over. Party discussed dumping her since we wouldn't get any money, but paladin convinced us through threat of righteous beat down.

Queue us having useless noble following us around who couldn't even cook or set up camp for the first few weeks due to that high royalty living. One night she ends up telling us she wants to be more useful, and would like to study magic under the wizard. Few months in and we can reliably count her as a cohort wizard who takes care of our crafting, buffing, and miscellaneous skill needs. Didn't mind having her around.

Campaign ended due to player flaking, but me and the GM stayed in touch. He ends up finding a game six months or so later, and invites me to join him as a player. His character sheet is that princess, and when I inquired about it, turns out she's been his OC for years. Dude also had tons of commissioned porn of her being raped/impregnated by various monsters. No, don't ask, I don't have the link anymore.

Still, I was okay with the GMPC until I found out that last bit.
>>
>>44001356
>Still, I was okay with the GMPC until I found out that last bit.

At which point you loved him, right?
>>
Question: If you VMC into Wizard, and choose the air school, do you gain the ability to cast fly on yourself at will at level 10?
>>
>>44000846

Is Hellknight Signifier really worth losing all that?
>>
File: 1433406265461.jpg (156 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1433406265461.jpg
156 KB, 2000x2000
>>44001426
Monster sex should pass the Harkens test, be consensual, and pregnancies should be planned or happy incidents, not having the woman bloodied and beaten up.

Or that one guro picture. Thanks for reminding me about it, punkass.
>>
>>44001487
It really kind of is. Signifier is an awesome prestige class.
>>
How well do you think an "action point"-based system would work in Pathfinder?
So instead of only being able to make a single attack or full attack depending on whether you moved that turn, the number of attacks you can make is dependent on how much you move.
Assume it wouldn't really affect casters. The idea being to fix the whole "melee attackers are garbage if they don't have pounce" thing.
>>
>>44001518
Would fix boss encounters. How is AP determined?
>>
>>44001344
A Qlippoth splatbook.
I know they've become "meme outsiders ", but they've always been my favorite.
>>
>>44001453
I'd probably say yes, but consult with your GM. Worst case, you get to cast Fly at will at 17th level.
>>
>>44001541
Probably mostly static, maybe with martial-focused classes getting a bit extra to use for their full attacks. It'd be treated the same way as action economy so you don't want to go handing out extra points all the time or things will get crazy.
Haven't thought of all the details and it would probably take a fair amount of balancing to actually implement, but I like the concept.
>>
>>44001503

What makes it so good though? It seems lackluster to me, and like I'd rather just go 10 EK instead.
>>
>>44001492
>pass the Harkens test
>be consensual

Isn't that redundant? In order to be consensual, it must pass the Harkens test, so there's no reason to mention both.

>>44001518
I believe this is kind of how the revised action economy from Pathfinder Unchained works. I've only skimmed it and been in one single-session game with it which I didn't even know was going to use the revised action economy until we got into our first encounter with a kraken at level 3 or so. I don't care for it, personally.
>>
>>44001599
Oh, I haven't read that. I'll have to give it a look.
>>
>>44000965
What if there was an elementalist druid that replaced the ability to become an animal with elemental body completely, plus paraelemental body?
>>
>>44000155
Is that a lot? I have no context on that number.
>>
>>44001639
It'd be go time all the time
>>
>>44001659
Most of the team literally cannot open the document because it crashes our systems trying to load the accursed things. It's more than 200 pages in its current form, which will shrink somewhat in layout but JFC this book has a fat fucking ass.
>>
>>44001659

For context:

That >>43996572 archetype there?

It's six pages AND has some formatting/colour (Which makes it bigger for the amount of text). It's 9 kilobytes as a word document.

His work would be roughly 230 pages of text IF it had formatting/colour like mine. It's likely more of pure text.
>>
>>44001748
They can't open a mere 200-page document? Wow. Have you tried zipping it?

>>44001751
Got a reason for the name?
>>
>>44001797

Ah, sorry. I had that on because I was directly replying to feedback for the Archetype and with people chattering with each other and me it could otherwise get confusing about which is actually the guy working on it and what is just people talking.

Forgot to take it off.
>>
>>44001822
Oh, fair enough. Missed the discussion, I think, been sleeping in because I make great life choices like staying up to 5 AM. I'm not in a state to give detailed feedback on the futurist, but it looks pretty cool so far, would play.
>>
>>44001862

Fellow non-sleeping Aussie(Possibly! I am clearly going to make good design decisions at 5am.

Not sleeping until now might contribute to forgetting to take names off. Still, gone now until people hand out more feedback.
>>
>>44001344
Hm... I think a splat dedicated to prestige classes would be nice, preferably in the form of non-setting locked ones. Just like a new set of 10 useful prestige classes that don't have extremely narrow uses and prerequisites like having specific features from two different base classes, along with some interesting feats, items, or subsystems that make prestiging more bearable and/or interesting.

I'm okay with any splats as long as they're done well though, and even splats of stuff I want splats of will be annoying if they're shitty- in fact, I'll be all the more annoyed for them being shitty.

>>44001622
I'm not sure whether it's what you're looking for or not, because what I was trying to get at is that I'm not really that familiar with it, but I think it's similar to an AP-based system. I also could just be totally wrong because I haven't looked at or touched it in several months and my memory isn't great. I heard they might have found a potential cure for Alzheimer's, though it hasn't even reached human trials yet, but I wonder if it will work on normal, not-Alzheimers-but-still-shitty memory.
>>
>>44001914
>I wonder if it will work on normal, not-Alzheimers-but-still-shitty memory
From what I've heard, giving Alzeimers medication to people with regular dementia actually makes it worse. Happened to my grandfather, he started remembering shit better once they stopped giving him that stuff.
So probably not.
>>
>>44001492
>Monster sex should pass the Harkens test, be consensual
Where the hell is the fun in any of that shit?
>>
>>4400015
Waith, already? I mean, I'd like the full book, but I thought we were still waiting on the full release of Zealot.
>>
>>44001998
Stop being creepy
>>
>>44001998
So when did your parents stop loving you? I'm assuming you at least had the decency to admit your degeneracy.
>>
>>44001748
Why would a 200+ page word document crash your machine?
>>
I want to have a houserule that makes caster level infulence spell save DCs. I think it should be something like that:

When a spellcaster gains access to a new spell level, he notes the character level at which he gained it. For every 2 caster levels above it, save DCs for spells of that level cast by this caster increase by 1. So, for example, for an 11-th level wizard with INT 20 (+5 modifier) save DCs for spells of all levels will be 21, for a sorcerer of that level with a CHA 20 will have a DC of 21 for all spell levels except 2nd (weird level progression).

How's that? Will it break anything?
>>
File: 1412995565642.png (52 KB, 420x200) Image search: [Google]
1412995565642.png
52 KB, 420x200
>>44001998
>not enjoying consensual monsterloving
>>
>>44002208
Why are you buffing casters?
>>
>>44002144
It's not a word document, its a Google doc. Also we're poor.
>>
>>44002208

Kinda seems like that's going to make save or suck spamming more powerful than it already is.
>>
>>44002238
Because I want to. We use only casters and initiators, so power level is not an issue.
>>
>>44002270
KEK
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKEKKEKEEEEEEEKEKEKEKEKEEKEEEEEEEEK
>>
>>44002249
I work for +$0.25 over minimum wage at a call-center. I understand poor.

>its a Google doc.
Ah. large google docs do sometimes crash. Fair enough.

So whats the estimated release date for the full book? March?
>>
>>44002282
ok relax
>>
>>44002215

Depends on the monster.

I say that, of course, because you actually run into the opposite problem in some groups when the "monster" is a player werewolf or sufficiently amiable minotaur.
>>
File: 1449239118880.png (81 KB, 616x527) Image search: [Google]
1449239118880.png
81 KB, 616x527
>>44002208
>Needlessly complicated
>Makes casters want 'evergreen' spells more than they already want them.
>Low level save or sucks are never out of style
>More bookkeeping
>>
>>44002325
What's wrong with low-level spells staying relevant?
>>
>>44002308
I don't know when the full release will be. There's still a lot of work to do.
>>
>>44002208
If that's what you want to have them do, ignore spell level, and just base it on caster level like with monster DCs.

11th level wizard with int 20.
DC 11 + half-caster level + stat = 20.
Same result, easier math.

But such a buff is not needed for casters. Why exactly do you feel a need to buff the low level spells?

Also, are you running this in an all T1/T2 party? because outside that context, you're just widening the gap between fullcasters, halfcasters, and martials.
>>
>>44001951
Well, it's not even a medication in the sense of pill you take or a needle you inject. It's like some technique using ultrasound on your head to stimulate the body into removing the dysfunctional protein build-up on your neurons that is apparently responsible for Alzheimer's. I don't know really know how memory works though, so I have no idea "just bad memory" has the same basic cause (and then theoretically similar fixes) as as actual Alzheimer's, just taken to less of an extreme. Either way, even if it's only a cure for Alzheimer's and can't help me any, I'll be glad just for humanity to have that advancement.

>>44002208
Seems like a strange choice to make, but setting that aside, wouldn't it just simpler to house rule that the DC of the saving throw for any spell is equal to 10 + relevant casting modifier + the level of the highest level spell the caster is capable of casting? It would achieve nearly the same effect without the "weird level progression" or the more complicated explanation of how it works.
>>
>>44002380
Fair enough.
>>
>>44002371
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/heighten-spell-metamagic---final
Cause the fucking feat already exists and if casters want more power, they should pay with the spell slots.
>>
>>44002102
My parents would love me even if I went full Hannibal Lector.
>>
>>44002371
Not low level spells, low level save or sucks. The problem with save-or-x spells is that they have to sunset at some point or every battle just turns into "I spam save or suck until they fail, at which point they keep failing and we just win". Right now casters can do that 2-3 times at cr relevant levels, perhaps more if they really specialize. But if the save DCs of the lower save or sucks progress as well, even a wizard could have 30+ viable save or suck spells prepared by 11th level and have all of them be relevant.
>>
>>44002387
By the way, I did run a campaign with all DCs = (11+half character level+stat) once.

The net result was the people who had flexible options had many more flexible options to choose from, and their turns took longer.

Half Casters and multiclass casters had stuff with decent save DCs (Nice).

And Martials were about the same shade of useless as before.

But going this way, if a spell is broken for a couple levels because the effect is too good, it will no longer fade into irrelevance as they level up, but continue to stay a thorn in your side.
>>
>>44002437
How is that any different than playing in a game with a Witch?
>>
>>44002466
>The net result was the people who had flexible options had many more flexible options to choose from, and their turns took longer.
I never understood this shit. Do people not figure out what they want to do during other people's turns? I can't say any turn I have has taken more than a minute sans some serious rolling.
>>
>>44002491
>most people
>even slightly intelligent
They really don't.
>>
>>44002466
This could work out fine if you didn't have spell slots of different levels, and instead simply had "Readied Spells", like an Initiator, but by making the DCs scale, you're essentially making all your spells be *basically* max level spells.

>>44002491
I do, but several people in my group are just starting to get to that point, and giving them 30 choices, instead of 7, means they will take way longer to decide.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (80 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
80 KB, 456x386
>mfw the Celtic-themed nation gets a generic non-ethnic name
>mfw the French themed nation gets a vaguely Indian name
>mfw the Persian themed nation gets an Ottoman name

Also why doesn't anyone ever bother to make the HRE? Overly bureaucratic collections of minor kingdoms all backstabbing each other for that juicy Elector seat is perfect for a campaign.
>>
>>44002648
>fantasy worlds must be exactly like Earth!
Kill yourself
>>
>>44002486
Well it gives you way more options than a witch has.
>>
How can I play a Dread without being edgy?
>>
>>44002762
By not playing an edgy character.
>>
>>44002676

If you're going to bother saying a nation is inspired by X, then god dammit give it a name that's based on X's language.
>>
>>43998980
Expert-with-Bow got disproven a while back, since they need to burn feats to even be proficient with it.
Now, WARRIOR with Bow can beat the Kineticist however.
>>
I just learned about the class and I have some questions about Arcanist I was hoping you guys could help with.

If an Arcanist takes the Unlettered archetype to use the Witch spell list, what list does the human favored class benefit give you a spell from, Arcanist's or Witch's?

Are the Bloodline Development or Blood Arcanists the only ways to get a bonded item? Because that with that Wizard feature converted to a Sorcerer feature before the Arcanist gets it through the bloodline, it sounds like it doesn't get you a spell cast from your spellbook like the Wizard does.

And lastly, what are good options for making an Arcanist "specialize" in flexibility? I love the Arcane Bond and Quick Study features, but what would you add to that? Occultist seems like a good idea with Summon Monster spells being flexible by nature, right? What else?
>>
>>44002319
I've always wanted to play a monstrous PC, but I'm always worried I'll either be too powerful (because the other players chose dumb stuff like unarchetyped fighters or chained rogues), too weak (everyone plays Druids and Oracles to compensate for my "OP" choice), or too bland.

Also what I really want to do is play Greta as a PC, but I guess I can make do with a Wulfkin and pretend it's her daughter or something.
>>
>>44002864
Planned Spontaneity and/or Flexible Wizardry, I guess?
>>
>>44002491
I usually end up paying too much attention to whatever cool stuff the other PCs are doing that I forget what cool stuff I'm going to do on my turn.
>>
>>44003031

Go with a Lizardfolk, anon.

+2 Str +2 Con makes all the fixings for a solid Warder, Barbarian, Slayer, or host of other martial types.

Become the sophisticated lizard you've always wanted to be, except you don't know Common and can only communicate through the player that speaks Draconic.

>That spoiler

Is it because you want to play a character that zealously guards her beloved mate? Just offer to play her and ask if you can modify her starting class to whatever the party needs.
>>
>Mix and match Archtype Powers as Alternate Class Features instead of alternate classes.

How broken could this end up?
>>
File: 1419879451399.png (676 KB, 1097x872) Image search: [Google]
1419879451399.png
676 KB, 1097x872
>>44003438
>>44003031
Didn't an anon a couple of threads ago point out that Greta isn't actually all that good of a Fighter going by her base stats, but her racial attributes are what makes her good?
>>
>>44003505
>Didn't an anon a couple of threads ago point out that Greta isn't actually all that good of a Fighter going by her base stats, but her racial attributes are what makes her good?

Well yeah, but you can't play Greta without using her racial attributes.

She's a runt working a guard post that's totally fine with bribes and sweet talking to let strangers into Whitethrone *even though* she was given specific orders to stop and report anyone coming in, because the Winter Witches *know* about the Party and know they're trying to get to the capital.

She's a very silly wolf.
>>
>>44002864
>If an Arcanist takes the Unlettered archetype to use the Witch spell list, what list does the human favored class benefit give you a spell from, Arcanist's or Witch's?
Trick question, arcanists prepare spells from the sorcerer/wizard list: there IS no arcanist spell list, so the human favored class benefit does nothing. But seriously, I would say that the "arcanist spell list" is actually "whatever spell list this arcanist casts from".

>Are the Bloodline Development or Blood Arcanists the only ways to get a bonded item? Because that with that Wizard feature converted to a Sorcerer feature before the Arcanist gets it through the bloodline, it sounds like it doesn't get you a spell cast from your spellbook like the Wizard does.
I think this is more confusion from the "do I count as knowing the spells in my spellbook" thing, compounded by the arcanist casting method looking like a sorcerer who changes spells known. Spells in a spellbook count as your spells known. The arcanist Spellcasting description even mentions that you can know any number of spells but only prepare some - so you 'know' the spells in the book and the ones you spontaneously cast during the day are just 'prepared'.

The wizard Arcane Bond can still be gotten directly anyway, through the Blade Adept archetype. I don't know what they were intending to achieve with the REST of this archetype though; everything after the Arcane Bond assumes that you like to wade into fucking melee with no armor, d6 HD and no BAB to speak of while specializing your attributes in Intelligence and Charisma. So you lose 3 exploits in exchange for Arcane Bond and an ongoing temptation to get yourself wrecked on the frontline.

>And lastly, what are good options for making an Arcanist "specialize" in flexibility? I love the Arcane Bond and Quick Study features, but what would you add to that? Occultist seems like a good idea with Summon Monster spells being flexible by nature, right? What else?
Uncanny Forethought
>>
>>44003631
>She's a runt

She's still a 6+ foot tall Russian super-woman that can turn into a huge ice-powered killing machine whenever she feels like it, though.

She's got better mental scores than the average winter wolf, if she was ever a runt that would probably be an explanation for it.
>>
File: PunyGreta.png (68 KB, 1289x282) Image search: [Google]
PunyGreta.png
68 KB, 1289x282
>>44003695
She's only a super-woman killing-machine because of her race; her actual non-racial statline is 8/12/10/15/13/14. Assuming she was human, she'd have a better chance being an Arcanist than a Fighter.
>>
File: 1446611768999.jpg (44 KB, 400x439) Image search: [Google]
1446611768999.jpg
44 KB, 400x439
>>44003792
>Assuming she was human, she'd have a better chance being an Arcanist than a Fighter.

>Greta gets her wish from Baba Yaga
>She becomes human
>This unfortunately means she loses her racial attributes, clever Baba Yaga
>Greta is devastated for a while as she copes with losing her tough muscles and heavy CONs
>Greta trains with her mate into being the perfect supporting caster.
>>
>>44000938
In the battle of GMPCs vs That Guys... That Guy always loses.
>>
>>44003792

>She's an attractive, forceful woman that can't really back up her words in a straight up fight.

There's something awfully cute about this.
>>
>>44004020

>From the perspective of the party, Greta is a powerful, imposing amazonian beauty who fortunately took a shine to them.
>Other winter wolf women shifted into human form wonder why the humans like the twiggy nerdy babyface so much.
>>
>>44004020
>>44004071

>Greta is attracted to the scent of the rimepelt, which was carved off the body of a winter wolf the party killed earlier.
>To Greta, the party member that talks their way into the city is a suave, intelligent and physically powerful winter wolf whose scent is new to her
>She's claiming dibs before anyone else can
>>
File: 1445013919038.jpg (46 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
1445013919038.jpg
46 KB, 500x312
>>44003678
>Uncanny Forethought

>Prerequisite(s): Spell Mastery, Int 17+.

>Benefit: When preparing your daily allotment of spells, you can reserve a number of spell slots equal to your Intelligence modifier. As a standard action, you can use one of these slots to cast a spell that you selected for the Spell Mastery feat. The level of the slot used must be equal to or greater than the level of the spell you intend to cast. Alternatively, as a full-round action, you can use a reserved slot to cast any spell that you know. The spell is resolved as normal, but for the purpose of the spell, your caster level is reduced by two. The level of the slot used must be equal to or greater than the level of the spell you intend to cast.

Jesus christ, who the FUCK thought this was
>Source: Exemplars of Evil
oh, it's from WotC. Carry on then.
>>
quick questionfor the DSP devs:

what's the ambush hunter's initiation modifier? the description and abilities call it out several times, but i'm not seeing it listed as to what it actually IS.

the companion is specifically WIS-based in the martial companion ability, but the hunter itself doesn't appear to be noted in the doc.

(i'm assuming the ranger itself is also WIS-based, since that's their casting stat that their trading out)
>>
Hey /pfg/ how do I compensate for a -1 str bonus and still use ranged attacks without sucking? Just as a backup. Class is Dervish Defender Warder.
>>
>>44004172
Still less broken than Sacred Geometry.
>>
>>44004388
Sacred Geometry shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>44004408
But it does.
>>
>>44004218
Wisdom.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.