[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm sure this isn't an original idea, but I tend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
So I'm sure this isn't an original idea, but I tend to favor EDH decks that have an element of bad cards to the deck yet it makes the game more fun/infuriating to play. Long story short I got the idea to try and make a carefully planned EDH deck out of the worst cards made in Magic's history and I was wondering if anyone knew any hidden gems like pic related I could toss in.
>>
>>43994134
Try this
>>
There is a difference between a bad card and a bad card that creates an interesting boardstate. Wood Elemental, for example, is just a bad card. All it does is remove resources from you, and singularly you. That's not interesting, that's a doom blade waiting to blow you the fuck out.
>>
>>43994235
But that's sort of what I wanted to make a mix of; bad cards and some unusual cards that could patch them up. I know it sounds weird but I already have enough "real" EDH decks
>>
>>43994134
so how and selfless bump
>>
>>43994632
*single, stupid autocorrect
>>
File: Image.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
Throw in some destroy all land spells, tons of mana rocks to keep you alive, and a playset of this baby. No such thing as a bad card so long as you can build your entire deck around them. Forget EDH unless you can find a legendary card that has synergy with Wood Elemental, I doubt that one even exists.
>>
>>43994134
Zedruu the Great Hearted. Give your opponents shit like Steel Golem, Vibrating Sphere, and Illusions of Grandeur.
>>
>>43994134
Just realized, that doesn't say "forests you control", so you could just mana-wipe one of your opponents just by playing that thing
>>
>>43995580
You CANNOT sacrifice permanents you don't control. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>43995505
Titania, Protector of Argoth. Lots of 5/3 tokens. Then slowly bring them back with Crucible of Worlds for landfall triggers.
>>
>>43995541
Zedruu is a bad commander? He's my main, I love giving people shit that can both benefit me and hinder them depending on who owns it at what time, like Celestial Dawn and Statecraft. He can shut down games pretty quick if you know how to do politics long enough to keep you alive. You can butter people up and help support their own fights while you're slowly gathering your combos together. Make everyone else seem like the bad guy until BOOM, all of a sudden people realize you're drawing over ten cards a turn, literally nobody can pay the mana costs to attack you, you can use multiple discard effects for days, and you've got a Laboratory Maniac with Shroud out on the battlefield.
>>
>>43994134
The only people who like you are people who are like you.

New players feel pandered to.
Poor ($) players do too.
Skilled players feel unchallenged.
Lore players hate you just like they hate every one else.
Jank players hate that you give them a bad name.

You aren't even creating a fun deck to play against or even play. Literally you are the retard at church making noises. You will accomplish nothing but slowing the game down and annoying others.
>>
>>43995738
Well I boast one mean Chaos deck so you sir have been booty blasted :^)
>>
>>43995823
Chaos decks at least have the challenge of preventing the deck from getting off too fast.
>>
>>43995852
Jhoira fixes that issue. Turn 4 I have 2 spells suspended and I have a paradox haze in my deck.
>>
File: Bad ideas.png (2 MB, 1338x620) Image search: [Google]
Bad ideas.png
2 MB, 1338x620
Ok, I have a few idea's for you.

Chisei, Heart of Oceans:
Run a lot of cumulative upkeep cards, make some of them work with Chisei's weird ability.

Hokori, Dust Drinker:
Focus on making everyone's lives horrible so your jank can actually have an opportunity to do something.

Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot:
The most useless commander.

Mannichi, the Fevered Dream:
Play around with first strike and fire-breathing effects to do weird things in combat, like pumping into power, dealing the first strike damage, then using Mannichi's ability so that the high power becomes high toughness when normal combat damage takes place. Captive Flame and Ghitu War Cry are your friends. It is also the only commander deck that can run Bone Flute viably.

Maraxus of Keld:
Spam out useless jank and hope to win with a shitty shitty voltron.

Richard Garfeld, Ph.D.:
Assuming you are just playing for fun in casual games. Run jank but play power.

Shimatsu the Bloodcloaked:
Play cheap jank, devour it, play a much shittery shitty shitty voltron.

Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker:
Maybe turn crappy creatures into repeatable sacrifice fuel?

Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer:
Sac jank to save useful things.

Taniwha:
Donate.

Zedruu the Greathearted:
Play jank, donate jank, gain life and draw cards.
>>
>>43995738
I'm sorry I can't find the normal one, onii-senpai.
>>
>>43994134
What you're basically saying is that you like making Phelddagrif decks without actually using Phelddagrif.
>>
>>43994134
I tried putting this guy in my Titania list

He still got cut
>>
>>43996309
>Hokori Staxx
> Richard "Mental Magic" Garfield
>Shirei "why can't I hold all these apostles" Caretaker
>Slobad "You heard me right bitch, red is better at artifacts than blue"
>Zedruu
>"Bad"
>>
>>43995580
I like how you honestly thought that a decades old card that is widely reviled for being garbage would have an obvious mistake printed on the card that turns it into a powerhouse, and that in all these years you would be the first to notice it.
>>
>>43994134
Atogatog is the only qualifier. Nothing says "bad card that time forgot" like an absolutely horrible rainbow legendary.
>>
File: mtg ticktock.jpg (305 KB, 936x890) Image search: [Google]
mtg ticktock.jpg
305 KB, 936x890
The worst deck i've ever made is Cromat artifacts
it's literally every multicolored cycle of mana rock i could get my hands on, some real artifacts like Darksteel Forge, and this unforgivable gem
>>
>>43999373
use Conspiracy to make everything Atogs
>>
>>43997712
>Implying OP wants to use any of them correctly.
>>
File: one more roll.png (53 KB, 139x143) Image search: [Google]
one more roll.png
53 KB, 139x143
>>44000341
that fucking combo
>>
>>44002745
I don't play magic much, what's the combo?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.