[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nothing about the Great Crusade makes any sense. Like making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1384708604903.jpg (269 KB, 1212x740) Image search: [Google]
1384708604903.jpg
269 KB, 1212x740
Nothing about the Great Crusade makes any sense.

Like making a deal with Mars, the Emperor makes a deal with 1 planet and then goes on to militarily conquer 999,999 planets, unless that planet is Krypton there is really no reason not to conquer it too. I mean apparently the Great Crusade was so important that he was willing to make people who had been kidnapped by chaos into the highest generals in his army(it doesn't take a farseer to see the only outcome that could have) but he doesn't annex mars? Annexing a random stone age world fifty thousand light years from earth is important but mars isn't?

Also half or more of the worlds in the Imperium are stone age or medieval tech even 10,000 years after the Great Crusade, What? Maybe the Administratum could actually get some things done if it didn't need to look after hundreds of thousands of worthless worlds. If only the Emperor didn't make the Primarchs and had dialed back his plans to only conquer the most important human worlds, instead of every bumfuck human colony in the galaxy, then he would've been able to complete the webway and the Imperium would've been smaller but much more advanced and powerful. If only the oldest human and most powerful psyker in history could've foreseen that cutting corners and overextending yourself can lead to your downfall.
>>
I don't think conquering worlds was the primary objective. If they could be annexed through dipomacy, great. If it had a massive factory, a STC and the ruler/s cared only about themselves then you send in the military.

As for your second point, you're thinking logically whereas the Imperium is anything but.
>>
File: OverThink.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OverThink.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>43993381
>>
>>43993381
Not annexing Mars was probably his biggest mistake because the imperiu a biggest problem is it doesn't have the technology to do what it needs to survive
>>
File: 1405132331799.png (159 KB, 810x449) Image search: [Google]
1405132331799.png
159 KB, 810x449
>>
>>43993381

I admit that I don't know my 40k Lore, but I'm pretty sure The Void Dragon must factor in here somewhere.
>>
>>43994180
I think it encourages people to innovate or something like that need to check so it might not matter if the cult mechanus was still a thing or if Mars was turned into a huge industrial manufacturing production complex /research and development center without all the ritual stuff
>>
Conquering mars was way too difficult, so he just said fuck it, I want your tech, you want more tech, lets make a pact. Gimme ships and titans, you get stc and can worship the omnisiah
>>
>>43993381
We should petition the government to label "arguing about logical details of 40k over the internet" as a form of mental retardation. That way these poor poor retards can finally get the support they deserve.
>>
>>43993381
I'm not sure the Emperor COULD have taken those other 999,999 planets without Mars support. Or if he did he'd have gotten stuck in a prolonged Martian siege that would have destroyed much of Mars or even released the darker beings from it's depths.
It was only later with Astartes and shit that Terra might have been able to turn to Mars and gone "actually, we own you now. Want to say something about it cog boys?"
But by then they were already allies and the Emperor had other shit to do.
>>
1. Mars was not just a single planet, it was a vast empire composed of numerous forge worlds which had been lost to it during the long night with only a few in contact, but united by a shared religion. Gaining the loyalty of Mars combined the industrial power of the Martian Empire with the military might of Unified Terra. This is why the Aquila has two-heads.

2. Primitive worlds advance. By conquering 'empty worlds' in the stone and middle ages, the Emperor acquired new settlements for his expanding Imperium to stretch into.

3. His goal was to unify humanity. That meant all human worlds united under a single banner. Any independent world is a place where chaos could theoretically take root.
>>
>>43994454
>>43994715
>conquering one planet a couple light minutes away is more difficult than conquering a million planets all over the galaxy
>>
>>43994884
It is when that one planet has all the best toys from the Dark Age of Technology
>>
>>43994922
The godlike being who knew more about technology than any human alive was powerless against martian tech?
>>
File: want.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
want.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>43994678

Must pet
>>
>>43994884
I mean... if a planet is adjacent to the most powerful planet in the Imperium, and is surrounded by millions of Imperium planets in other systems... isn't it basically conquered anyway?
>>
>>43994884
He didn't have the numbers. He had ONE planet to draw from, which we ravaged by so much shit.
There was a huge thing about getting tithes of men to serve in the IG and Astartes during this period. The Emperor had his Thunder Warriors, in very limited numbers. Against the might of Mars... That's not an obvious winner. With the Emperor's help, yes they'd win. But it's just too risky with the potential losses and y'know... The stuff Mars has sealed away could break free?
>>
Did any of the material explain if the asteroid field around Sol got mined out by the time the Big E kickstart the crusade?
If not, wouldn't all those fucking rocks have more ressources than a fucking planet with only manufactories on it?

Fuck didn't a survey says that all that shit orbiting between Mars and Jupiter got enough stuff to last us twice the amount of time it would take us to dry up Earth?
>>
>>43995032
It's not though, because of all the Forgeworlds. The mechanicus isn't terribly motivated to secede from the imperium because it would fucking suck, but if say the imperium up and decided to declare the omnisiah heresy for whatever reason or something similarly objectionable to the admech, they absolutely could secede and the winner of that matchup would not be set in stone.
Better yet, they could just stop doing everything the admech does and let the imperium grind to a halt until the high lords of terra begged for forgiveness.
>>43995302
It's not just the material, it's also the technology. Hell, not only did earth not have the technology, it didn't even have the machines to make the machines to make the technology.
>>
>>43994947
"I'm sure to win because my intelligence is superior."
>>
>>43995385
>It's not just the material, it's also the technology. Hell, not only did earth not have the technology, it didn't even have the machines to make the machines to make the technology.
So the Emperor was completely helpless and yet mars still decided to cut a deal with him. Why didn't they just tell him to fuck off and build their own empire since they held all the cards and were the only reason the Emperor could conquer those thousands of worlds.
>>
The Imperium has been bleeding in decadence and mortally wounded since at least the 37 millennium.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.