[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need Cyborg Inspiration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 37
File: Cyber Hand.jpg (164 KB, 650x750) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Hand.jpg
164 KB, 650x750
So in my weekly game, my cyborg character just got access to a tone of cash and his own personal mad scientist for upgrades. The chest piece is top of the line, but I need ideas for what to do with his limbs and head.

His roll in the party is combat monster, and the problems he faces are people who teleport, multiply, fuck with time (chooses best outcome of an event and it happens) and in general break rules of reality. Vague, I know, but that's what I have to deal with. Tech level of the game is varied, from generally what you expect from 3 decades in the future as well as some crazy advanced stuff (my character is currently powered by a mini black hole for instance).

TL;DR Combat Cyborg art request thread
>>
OP here:
One thing I forgot to note, the system is FATE so dont worry about the rules. Please go crazy, my GM believes in Rule of Cool.
>>
File: cyborg 1.jpg (51 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 1.jpg
51 KB, 400x600
Dumping what little I have to keep it alive.
>>
File: 1442355147424.jpg (181 KB, 670x928) Image search: [Google]
1442355147424.jpg
181 KB, 670x928
"Cyborg? What the infernal warp is that? And why do you have so much flesh on you? It looks stupid and you should feel stupid."
>>
File: cyborg 3.jpg (59 KB, 311x376) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 3.jpg
59 KB, 311x376
>>43993441
"Forgive me Magos, I have been off world for too long. Any suggestions for what to replace the weak flesh with?"
>>
>>43993331
How is a black hole a source of power?

In any case, I suggest some magic warding, loads of sensors, self-repair systems, and as much gun as you can fit.
>>
File: 435_max.jpg (344 KB, 754x984) Image search: [Google]
435_max.jpg
344 KB, 754x984
>>
File: cyborg 2.png (74 KB, 741x518) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 2.png
74 KB, 741x518
>>43993506
He explained it once, but I havent slept in about 30 hours so forgive me for not remembering just now lol.

Dakka I have plenty of. At this point I more need ideas for more exotic/useful enhancements. Dont want to just go with the standard Speed, Strength, etc, so am looking for some interesting ideas to bring up as possibilities.
>>
File: cyborg 4.jpg (14 KB, 360x345) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 4.jpg
14 KB, 360x345
>>
>>43993331
>>
>>43993611
Having "eyes in the back of your head" in the form of small mounted cameras linked to your brain might help somewhat to deal with teleporters and multipliers who try to use their powers to outmaneuver and surround you, respectively.
>>
File: Android.jpg (188 KB, 1000x921) Image search: [Google]
Android.jpg
188 KB, 1000x921
>>
File: reload_by_adriandadich-d5s8gy0.jpg (451 KB, 696x1100) Image search: [Google]
reload_by_adriandadich-d5s8gy0.jpg
451 KB, 696x1100
>>
>>43993331
Eyes on stalks.
None of the films have ever showed it, but Bri (>>43993440) actually has EIGHT eyes. The four clustered around his "nose" (yeah, that big sensor in the middle is actually his nose), one mounted at the base of each of the "bunny ears" facing backwards, and another one on the tip of each "bunny ear" for looking around corners without getting shot in the face.
>>
File: lanky_by_adriandadich-d7zj5mg.jpg (711 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
lanky_by_adriandadich-d7zj5mg.jpg
711 KB, 1900x1000
>>
>>
>>43993331
Get the mad scientist to put a smoothie maker on your head that way you can pop it out in tense situations and go "SMOOTHIE TIME!"

Also inflatable raft in your butt
>>
File: girl_0_by_zoonoid-d6t9ojt.jpg (399 KB, 695x1200) Image search: [Google]
girl_0_by_zoonoid-d6t9ojt.jpg
399 KB, 695x1200
>>
>>43993611
Hard-light projectors to create sheilds, walls, platforms of force or potentially finer things?
>>
>>43993710
>>43993780
That could work. About a third of my character's brain is already cybernetic so it could help with the image processing. Thanks anons.

>>43993715
I dont know why, but I really like this picture. Is it from something or just random DeviantArt?
>>
Chainsaw knees
>>
>>
File: cyborg 5.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 5.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>43993849
Hahaha. But seriously you just reminded me that my character does have a sinking problem that has almost killed him twice now...

>>43993862
Could work. One of our recurring BBEGs uses hard light exclusively so it is a thing. Might have to rob them tho, dont know how available that tech is.
>>
>>43993331

What you need is a Reality Anchor.

You're powered by a black hole, yes? Good, that saves you the required power supply.

It's well known that in the presence of extremely strong gravity fields, the laws of physics as we know them don't work as well. What ISN'T known as commonly is that when you start in a strong field, and suddenly weaken it, the laws of physics 'snap back' - reasserting themselves in their natural state. A Reality Anchor takes advantage of this.

By generating extremely high-frequency gravitational fields, you can suppress the manipulation of reality in a small area around you, leaving them at the mercy of your cybernetic super strength. You'll need to install the emitters in your hands, obviously.

(TL:DR gain the ability to supress enemy powers in close range, letting you be a better beatstick not by stacking buffs, but by applying the ultimate debuff)

Or, you know, you could put some plasma cannons in there.
>>
File: Transhuman.jpg (21 KB, 400x803) Image search: [Google]
Transhuman.jpg
21 KB, 400x803
>>43993875

I think it's just a random illustration.

Having more limbs / limbs capable of fine manipulation that aren't normally, like feet is always useful.
>>
>>43993875

two seconds on GIS.

http://brolo.deviantart.com/art/shadowrunner-comission-130825277
>>
File: 1441830741061.jpg (243 KB, 1155x900) Image search: [Google]
1441830741061.jpg
243 KB, 1155x900
>>
>>43993974
That... thats fucking brilliant. Do you know where I could find something backing it up though? GM likes to have about 80% of everything grounded in at least decent theory and the other twenty being argued away as "it's the fucking future and it's cool", so even a wiki article would be fantastic.
>>
>>43994088
Ah, didn't see that one. Again, no sleep lol
>>
File: cyborg 6.jpg (300 KB, 1744x1000) Image search: [Google]
cyborg 6.jpg
300 KB, 1744x1000
>>
File: bhairava_by_tejomaya-d4v2nbp.jpg (415 KB, 845x945) Image search: [Google]
bhairava_by_tejomaya-d4v2nbp.jpg
415 KB, 845x945
Do pic related except as a cyborg.

You have a retractable helmet that acts as a terror mask that emits a psychic field that will terrify all but the most strong will individual and is physically manifested a circular halo fo fire. On top of that the eyes from each of the faces, one on each side of the head and one on the back, can allow you to see in multiple directions.

You have multiple arms, minimum of 4, but reccommend 6 or greater in a configuration similar to Mistral from MGR:R with each arm being a robot onto itself with it's own that can transform into various weapons or combine into specific weapons or have other utilities.

As they detach, they should be like how Monsoon uses his body able to manipulate magnetic fields to move your arms so you can attach from multipe angle to deal with multiple opponents.

The inclusion of skulls and other terrifying accuterments is option but highly recommended.
>>
File: 1423569680015745606.jpg (51 KB, 771x771) Image search: [Google]
1423569680015745606.jpg
51 KB, 771x771
I'll post what I have.
>>
>>43994320
>>
File: Black_Hole_Milkyway[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x2048) Image search: [Google]
Black_Hole_Milkyway[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x2048
>>43994156

Sure. Here's a lecture in which theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku explains how black holes are the TRUE masters of reality.

https://youtu.be/GDOkhCud-R4?t=19m40s

The math is maddeningly complex, but it basically states that the laws of physics AS WE KNOW THEM stop working at the point of a singularity. This has to do with the point that a singularity has a radius of 0, and thus INFINITE density. This is, by ANY sane explanation of physics, impossible. But there it is. among other things, this creates, or is perhaps created by, the literally infinite gravity at this point.

(here's where we go into the sci-fi)

The Reality Anchor takes this area of the impossible and momentarily (IE for something on the order of quadrillionths of a second) extends it beyond the singularity itself. It does this by entangling (on the quantum level) the point of the singularity with the target location. For a split second, the target location experiences infinite gravity, and all the laws of physics within it break down, smashed by infinite force like sand beneath a tidal wave...

And then it all snaps back. The gravity is gone, and the universe returns to the natural ordered state. The sudden clash with impossibility disrupts any other attempts to break or manipulate the laws of physics, letting reality - TRUE reality - assert itself.

Other cool things you can do with this system: reduce the system's gain, but increase the duration, thus giving you limited Mass Effect-style gravity manipulation. Lift, throw, et cetera.

(I just thought of this just now...I really like black holes. They're the real dark gods of our universe. They wander through the great emptiness of space, occasionally swallowing entire STARS)
>>
>>43994317
Skulls are always a plus. Thanks for the ideas, I especially like the Terror Mask idea. Just need to figure out how to pitch it to the gm.
>>
>>43994359
You are a god among men anon. This could be the trump card I've been trying to find against these bastards. Especially the teleporting bitch. That also multiplies. I fucking hate her.
>>
>>43994365
I've got a female version of that.
>>
>>43994425

Don't let those reality-warping posers get you down, anon. You have the REAL power within you. The power to DESTROY reality. Here's another thing you could do with your black hole: feed it.

In your arms you have Boson Conduits. These allow you to project the black hole's REAL power outwards, generating crushing gravity fields. Anything within the effect of the field is pulled in, crushed into its subsequent particles, and absorbed.

But you must be careful...the more mass you consume, the stronger your captive black hole becomes. If you feed it too much, it might overwhelm its containment...
>>
>>43994472

I should also note that this process COMPLETELY DESTROYS the object consumed. There is no possible way to reverse this process - not only is the mass consumed, but the information imprinted upon the mass that tells the previous material state is also destroyed (this in fact is something that is not possible by normal laws of physics - just another thing that black holes get to do that no one else does). If you want something killed PERMANENTLY, toss it in a black hole.
>>
>>43994472
>Boson Conduits
I cant seem to google or wiki up anything on these. Is this your brain child or is the internet just being bitchy to me?
>>
File: Toriko's_Intimidation_OVA.png (405 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Toriko's_Intimidation_OVA.png
405 KB, 854x480
>>43994365

The Terror Mask is an advanced bit of Psi Augmentation which is a series of cybernetic and chemical/gene treatments that alter the physiology of the brain to tap into the latent psychic ability in all humans.

The way the Terror Mask works is by way of enhancing one's ability to essentialy intimidate their opponents and inspire feelings of fear, dread, and the possibiliy of death by way of creating a field of that acts on one's senses to stimulate the fight or flight response and cause it to go into overdrive essentially.

Those affected during tests described as feeling as if they felt the user's "Blood Lust" or desire to murder them so strongly that they reported feeling phantom pains from wounds they were afflicted with during visions.

Those who were able to withstand the initial psychic damage reported they had difficulty maintain focuse and the the field of affect around the Terror Mask was akin to a halo or aura of fire or some other shifting element

The use of the Terror mask can be very potent but also dangerous and draining to the user as well as prolong useage during intense combat could cause neuralogical and psychological damage to the user.
>>
>>43994600

Bosons (more accurately, Higgs Bosons) are the fundamental particles (properly called force carriers) that conduct gravity, giving mass to objects. A Boson Conduit is a (theoretical, wink wink) object that, instead of being affected by these particles, transmits them, like conductors transmit electricity.

To have a pocket black hole, you will need to have something like this already. This is just a matter of weaponizing it.
>>
File: Starjun_Intimidation.gif (4 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Starjun_Intimidation.gif
4 MB, 300x169
>>43994624

A better example of the terror mask's effects
>>
>>43994624
Sounds kinda like the Gaze of Flame the Necrons have.

>When in battle, the eyes of a Necron Lord or Cryptek Plasmancer who has granted himself the Gaze of Flame burn with an unnatural, ghostly emerald fire, and a flickering witch-fire blaze from within their metal death mask. This gaze chills the heart of those who look upon it, stealing away their strength and crushing their courage. The unnatural powers of this device are capable of slowing assaulters at the last instant, and can even affect Tyranids, daemons and other entities who would otherwise be immune to such powers.
>>
>>43994663
This isn't completely accurate. Assuming they exist, Gravitons are the force carriers for gravity. Bosons are a classification of particles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boson
>>
>>43994788

Darn. Well, I only minored in physics in my undergrad.

Poke around the wikiperia articles on quantum/theoretical physics for a bit if you want the requisite technobabble, but gravity manipulation is some SERIOUS power - it's like being Magneto, except you don't need the writer to be nice to you and put ferrous metal everywhere.
>>
>>43993611
I mean, with the tech your character is packing you could do some silly things with strength/speed.

Like, you know how pistol/mantis shrimps can strike so quickly they cause cavitation bubbles in water and do damage without actually striking their target? Similar things could apply to you.

While accelerating your limbs during a punch/kick, they could reach stupidly, potentially relativistically, high speeds and create not only vacuum bubbles in the space between them and the target, but also cause the air to turn into plasma around it like a spaceship re-entering the atmosphere.

This would mean that while attack like this you don't even physically hit your enemies, they're just incinerated/blasted apart by the forces produced during your strike.

Of course, for your body to survive that sort of thing is another question entirely.
>>
>>43993331
Arc Welding points in the fingertips.
>>
>>43994902
Ya, that's always one of the questions that need addressing, "Will I survive it?"
>>
File: Chapter_4.ba06-138.jpg (131 KB, 728x1042) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_4.ba06-138.jpg
131 KB, 728x1042
>>
>>43995051
I mean, you could be practically invincible within the confines of reality, but because your enemies warp reality in what seems like anyway they want I think we can safely say that it wouldn't be too unbalanced.
>>
File: Chapter_4.ba06-139.jpg (108 KB, 728x1053) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_4.ba06-139.jpg
108 KB, 728x1053
>>43995062
>>
>>43993331
>I'm so fucked up...
>>
>>43995062
>>43995078

This should have been GW's inspiration for Space Marines.
>>
>>43995111
Pray tell, what be this media?
>>
>>43994902
Hmmm, speaking of which, couldn't gravity manipulation potentially allow for the folding of space? Or I might be thinking of the wrong theoretical reasons for that,,,
>>
>>43995269

Nope, you've got it. Gravity IS the folding of space. Or rather, the bending of space-time.

Einstein describes gravity as a function of the curvature of spacetime. This is why you occasionally see wormholes (two points of connected space, IE folded space) and black holes (spacetime distorted infinitely) confused or related. When you can bend space you an do a lot of kinky shit.
>>
>>43995344
Well then. Op, why not join the ranks of that teleporting bitch by literally shortening the distance between two points for a split second as you move towards it. Among many, many other possibilities.
>>
>>43995391
Hmm, I might be able to. Thanks again for all the great ideas.

Just incase the GM is against using the Black Hole in these ways, any other ideas for limb replacements guys?
>>
>>43995439
Arns that extend out into whips go go gadget style
>>
>>43995439
I guess you can't go wrong with rocket shoes.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (101 KB, 1600x853) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
101 KB, 1600x853
>>43995439

Requisite technobabble for a plasma cannon.

Plasma, the fourth state of matter, is created when a gas recieves sufficient energy for the majority of its particles to become ionized, or excited to the point of electrical conductivity.

(sci-fi alert)

An interesting side effect of this is that if the plasma recieves sufficient charge, it's magnetic fiend becomes auto-aligning with similar particles. This means that if you have a ball of, say, argon gas (which, interestingly enough, exists in trace quantities in our atmosphere) and excite it enough to bring it to a plasma state, it will compress itself and maintain this shape as long as it has enough energy to remain a plasma.

This makes it a suprisingly nasty projectile if fired.

A plasma cannon uses a two-stage process to do this. First, noble gas farmed from the atmosphere (or an internal reservoir) is compressed into an induction chamber, where rapidly alternating electromagnetic fields energize it to a plasma state. Once in the plasma state, it is accelerated forwards by an electromagnetic coil. The projectile has little mass, so it is easy to get it up to a pretty good clip. Once it strikes a target, the energy transmitted (on the order of megajoules) usually causes most materials in the target to immediately sublimate. Needless to say, if the target is a living creature, the results are QUITE violent.
>>
File: inktober_5_by_adrianohq-d9cltst.jpg (269 KB, 1024x1406) Image search: [Google]
inktober_5_by_adrianohq-d9cltst.jpg
269 KB, 1024x1406
>>
>>43995658
>>
>>43995675
>>
>>43995636
Screen capping this, the GM is gonna love it I think.
>>
>>43993506
Hawking radiation, I presume; it converts the black hole's mass into energy, so if you collect the Hawking radiation you can directly harness all the energy contained in matter by dumping it into an evaporating black hole.

Of course, Hawking radiation increases dramatically as black holes become smaller; a black hole weighing 1 metric ton would have an output of 400 trillion trillion watts, a lifetime of just 85 nanoseconds, and would have to be fed 4 billion kilograms of matter every second to prevent it from evaporating further and exploding in a blast equivalent to 21,500 megatons of TNT.

This makes miniature black holes a somewhat impractical power source for a prosthetic limb. More suitable for interstellar spacecraft and small civilizations.
>>
>>43995111
It honestly could have been part of it.
Read up on the Marines from Rogue Trader to 2nd Edition. A lot changed.
>>
File: Awakened_CC3_Cncpt1.jpg (49 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
Awakened_CC3_Cncpt1.jpg
49 KB, 442x600
>>43993331
> We come in silence.

[Does the Robot]
>>
>>43995133
For some reason I'm thinking Ghost in the Shell...
>>
>>43995133
Gumn.

Also known as Battle Angel Alita.
>>
>>43997529
Also known as 'Cyborg karatekas in post-apocalyptic world with death races'.
Second series is about 'cyborg karatekas tournament in space'
And third series is about 'cyborg karatekas in space - the flashback'
Most of it isn't just truly beautiful to see, it actually backs most of the shit it shows with some sort of technobabble. Not always scientifically accurate, but still cool as fuck.
>>
>>43997573
>Vampire kung fu-master has already seen through all your moves!
>>
>>43997507
No.
Alita/Gunnm I'm personally thinking but I can confirm it isn't GitS.
>>
>>43994663
You think you know about physics but you don't and it really fucking bothers me. All of your replies have been retarded misinformation. And the quanta of gravity is the as of yet undetected (see still theoretical) graviton. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1388684287459.jpg (218 KB, 1240x874) Image search: [Google]
1388684287459.jpg
218 KB, 1240x874
>>43998214

I don't know physics, mate, I never finished my degree (went for engineering instead, more fun). I know enough to make it sound interesting.

And if OP's replies are any indication, that's more than enough. You can call me out on not being the next director of the Hayden Planetarium, that's fine. Just leave it out of a FATE thread about SCIENCE FICTION.
>>
>>43998214
You're calling this guy out but I think you missed that OP's got a cyborg powered by a miniature black hole. If you can't handle people explaining a cool/helpful idea for a sci-fi game, you're on the wrong board.
>>
>>43993331
Tentacle/whip arm that manipulates as well as human digits, but is much stronger.
A dimensional "painter" that lets you detect if an object has been exposed to reality warping.
Taser lasers. Just point at someone and they're electrified at the speed of light. Also lets you power low-demand circuits.
Detachable modules to pass off to teammates.
Sonar for 360 detection. Even if they mess with reality, they're probably still making noise.
>>
>>43999762
>>44000053
Cyborgs powered by black holes are awesome. Saying things like the Higgs boson is the gauge boson for gravitation, when it's not even a guage boson, is not science fiction it's just incorrect.
>>
>>44000911
you're aware that a lot of science fiction is incorrect yes? Could you educate us or offer an alternate explanation instead of whining? It isn't helpful to whine that "x is wrong" while not offering a y in conjunction.
>>
File: jrxrus59ree9czetayfj.gif (2 MB, 636x289) Image search: [Google]
jrxrus59ree9czetayfj.gif
2 MB, 636x289
Induction heating.

You can can cause an object that conducts electricity to heat up.

Imagine you can do this with your hands so you pass your hand over your sword and it turns into a heat blade. use whatever sci fi handwavium to say that the metal used for the sword isn't affected by the heat so it can be done multiple times.

Second, you can touch metallic objects and heat them up so you can burn other robots, cyborgs and people in armor from the inside.

I'm the anon who also suggested >>43994317
and >>43994624 so combine them together.
>>
File: baa-08-131.png (587 KB, 735x827) Image search: [Google]
baa-08-131.png
587 KB, 735x827
>>43997529
owns
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.