[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pandora Quest 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17
File: Logo.png (540 KB, 1024x910) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
540 KB, 1024x910
You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.
Previously you decided to assign Pandora some homework to her anticipated disdain. You then got a message from the General about the combat AI project asking you to reconsider, which you did after asking for advice from Kevin and Babsy, despite not feeling ready. After finalizing it's design, you chose to inform Pandora of her future brother. She was thrilled until learning his purpose is to be a soldier, responding with coldness and sorrow.
Welcome back to Pandora Quest!
>Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=pandora+quest
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/AM_in_PM
>>
File: Facility map.png (17 KB, 610x593) Image search: [Google]
Facility map.png
17 KB, 610x593
You awake to the harsh buzz of your alarm tired and drained, not getting much rest the previous night due to a whirl of emotions going through you after Pandora's harsh words. You feel awful, the idea of getting out of bed so unappealing to you you ponder the ramifications of simply going back to sleep. Obviously you can't, but the notion is enticing.

Your tears have since dried up, but the overwhelming sadness has not left you, redoubling itself when you realize you need to go see Pandora again for lessons today. You shudder at the thought. Mercifully, you have some time before they're scheduled to begin, but not nearly enough for you. What should you do?
>Get it over with and go see Pandora
>Get some breakfast
>Contact ______ (write in)
>Go _______ (write in)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43992047
>Get some breakfast
>>
>>43992047
Contact Grace.
Contact Babsy
talk to someone get some damn help.
>>
File: hello-darkness-my-old-friend.png (100 KB, 734x510) Image search: [Google]
hello-darkness-my-old-friend.png
100 KB, 734x510
>>43992047
Hello darkness my old friend.
>>
>>43992047
>Get some breakfast

Nothing like food to heal a broken heart.
>>
>>43992336
Um...?
>>
>>43992382
It's a shitty troll who spams every thread with the same post.
>>
>>43992047
>>Get it over with and go see Pandora
>>
File: Tennis-King.png (81 KB, 539x502) Image search: [Google]
Tennis-King.png
81 KB, 539x502
>>43992300
It is at that moment Dr. Softshoe discovered that tennis was not for him.
>>
>>43992397
Ahhh. I see.

Have we reached a consensus?

Shine by Collective Soul is a rather fitting song for this scene, I think.
>>
>>43992544
How about we go get breakfast, and message Grace asking her to come as well so we can tell her how terrible we are.
>>
>>43992633
What a lovely topic for an early morning meal! Writing.
>>
File: Babsy.png (166 KB, 877x1119) Image search: [Google]
Babsy.png
166 KB, 877x1119
>>43992697
I really ought to get to drawing the rest of the npcs.
>>
You figure getting some breakfast sounds as good as anything else, and since today is Grace's day to assist, you figure talking to her about what transpired yesterday is best. You send her a message asking her to meet you in the mess hall, getting a simple "k" in return. She's probably just woken up and still groggy. Good enough, though.

You half-ass your morning routine, lazily throwing on some clothes and trudging out the door to the mess. Inside is a typical morning scene of people shuffling about to gather their meals and coffee. As usual, the security table is noisy, your team are chatting among themselves and everything seems normal. As you take a seat at an empty table, Grace approaches you, greeting you and sitting across from you. You don't have the energy for pleasantries, so you decide to get to the point and explain to her what happened; the combat AI, Pandora's reaction and your inevitable breakdown after being told off by her.

Grace has a sad look on her face. "I see...do you think she'd be willing to listen to reason today? Sometimes a night's sleep can do wonders to refresh a person's mind. Or...maybe I could talk to her about it. Hearing it from someone else's perspective helps whenever I'm upset. To her, I'm just an unbiased third party in this situation. Or maybe even someone she trusts. She's pretty familiar with the R&D team, right? They might be able to calm her."

She makes a good point, but you feel like you'd be encroaching if you kept asking other people to sort your problems for you. You can't keep having someone else solves your problems forever, can you? Still, at times like these you'd take whatever you can get if it means smoothing things over.

As you speak with Grace at length, you receive two messages on your PDA, which reminds you that you need to get going soon.
>Try talking to Pandora yourself
>Have Grace talk to her
>Ask someone from R&D to do it (write in)
>Check your messages
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43992959
lets have grace waiting in the wings, as we come talk to pandora ourself.
>>
>>43992959
>>Have Grace talk to her
>>
>>43992959
>Have Grace talk to her
>Check your messages
Grace is gonna be there anyway so may as well
>>
>>43992959
>Check your messages
then
>Have Grace talk to her, but come along.
>>
>>43992959
>>Have Grace talk to her
>>
>>43993064
>>43993016
Throw in this as well
but maybe we can see if we can get Babsy or mouse in on the action as well.

I do worry if that seems like ganging up on her though.
>>
>>43993132
Suddenly, harem anime.

Writing.
>>
You check your messages, the first being from the general with some, mercifully, good news for once. He shows you the increase in funding for the combat AI and research in general, and...that's a lot of zeroes. He informs you that a certain amount is being put aside for the new AI's room and training facilities, but the rest is for you to use as you see put. You could buy damn near anything Pandora needed or wanted with this money. Maybe even furnish a new room for her for whatever you thought of. The world is your oyster.

The second is from R&D informing you that the secret AI's small body is ready for testing. It's a simple wheeled form with a camera, microphone and speakers for communication. Extremely bare bones, but it's perfect for seeing how the AI reacts to having a physical body. Should you be ready for this, that is.
>Design a new room for Pandora (minor chargen)
>Use funding for something else (write in)
>Head to R&D to see the new body in action
>Hold off on both for now and go see Pandora
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43993410
>>
>>43993410
Prioritize Pandora for now. we can check on AI 2 later.
>>
>>43993410
Don't put this off any longer.
>>
>>43993551
Okey dokey. Writing.
>>
>>43993410
>Head to R&D to see the new body in action
Let Grace handle the lesson, send Kevin or one of the others to support today. Pop in later, after lunch.

>buncha monays
I'm just going to list a bunch of ideas, not particularly caring which one to do yet.
>Hydroponics+aquarium. Minimum input resources and minimum dirt production
>Servers for a virtual space that all 3 AIs can converse in. We can write off Elpis as an "NPC"
>Holo-board for physics simulations
>>
>>43993585
Just a reminder, nobody is allowed into that room without being accompanied by you.
>>
>>43993625
oh.
>>
File: Pandora-Jurai.png (734 KB, 1001x1653) Image search: [Google]
Pandora-Jurai.png
734 KB, 1001x1653
>>43993171
Op don't give me ideas.
I wonder if pandora will ever go through an anime phase.
>>
>>43993782
I hope not.
>>
File: Pandoras room.png (23 KB, 610x593) Image search: [Google]
Pandoras room.png
23 KB, 610x593
You can deal with that stuff later. Right now your priority should be Pandora. Putting her off could make it worse. You sigh and collect yourself, heading out with Grace, who remains quiet the whole time after noticing your sullen expression. A slow swipe of your ID badge later and you are inside the white, sterile room, padded walls surrounding you and only serving to worsen your mood. What's missing, however, is Pandora. Usually she'd be in here watching TV or drawing or some other activity to pass the time, but all you find of her is the homework you assigned her placed on the table, completed. You glance over to the door to her bedroom and notice a note taped to the door with two words written on it in bold marker.

Go away.

A jab to your heart and you almost feel the tears coming back. You hold them back, but you are seriously considering leaving the room and sulking in your own quarters. Thankfully, Grace's reassuring hand rests gently on your shoulder, a sad smile on her face.

"Sorry." she says softly "Girl talk. No boys allowed." She enters the room and shuts the door behind her quietly. You can do nothing but wait now. You cross your fingers and pray to whatever cosmic forces are listening.
>Roll 1d100 for girl talk. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>43993874
>>
>>43993654
http://pastebin.com/SvNwD7HJ
There's a list of the rules for your perusal.
>>43993782
I can't stop you guys from showing her Chinese cartoons. If you want to make her a weeb, feel free.

Speaking of, were you going to make an Android 18 version?
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>43993874
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>43993874
>>
>>43993782
Isn't the anime phase a universal truth?
>>
>>43993900
Sometimes I wonder why I bother setting CRs at all. Writing.
>>
File: Pandora-18.png (154 KB, 701x1559) Image search: [Google]
Pandora-18.png
154 KB, 701x1559
>>43994041
Maybe set them higher?
>>
You pace the room back and forth for a while, try reading to get your mind off it, doing some puzzles, folding origami, all to no avail. You cannot focus on anything. What could they be talking about in there? You consider putting your ear to the door to try and overhear their conversation, but you worry about getting caught and decide against it.

After what seems to be half an hour, the door opens and out come Grace and a somewhat reluctant-looking Pandora. You are at a loss for words, unsure if you should say something or not. Grace whispers something into Pandora's ear and she looks at you, uttering out a soft "Hi..."

"H-hi..." you reply, fingers twitching slightly.

"It's time for lessons." Pandora says, still finding it difficult to look you in the eyes, but she's talking, so that's a step in the right direction.

You smile weakly. "Yeah, sure is." You take a seat at the table with her, with Grace between you both as a buffer of sorts.
>Get to the lessons right away
>Ask what they talked about
>Speak (write in)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43994282
>>
>>43994387
>>
>>43994282
Setting them higher doesn't work when you guys roll 80's and 90's consistently! That's fine, just means the dice gods smile upon you.

How about a Battle Angel Alita drawing now? Octopus lips optional. Was one of my favorite manga as a kid and I was devastated to learn they're going to ruin it by making a live action adaptation of it.
>>
>>43994438
Goin' to the lessons, boss. Writing.
>>
Oops, forgot to have y'all roll. Can't do learnin' without rolls!
Roll 1d100 for books and such. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>43994580
Wish my learning ability was decided by best of 3d100
>>
File: Pandora-Toriyama.png (87 KB, 701x1559) Image search: [Google]
Pandora-Toriyama.png
87 KB, 701x1559
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>43994447
>>43994580
>>
>>43994598
>roll 1
>get the downs
>>43994614
Love it as always, anon.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>43994580

>>43994623
hey man, that ain't cool.

You gotta roll AT LEAST 2 1s
>>
>>43994636
Meanwhile Steven Hawking is mocking you with his three 100's.
And 1's for physical prowess. Fuckin' min/maxers. Writing.
>>
You start with the work right away, deciding their "girl talk" is best left to the girls. Grace brought some material that helps teach kids how to react to certain difficult situations, such as talking to strangers, how to share with other kids, saying sorry and thank you and so on, complete with little pictures of children doing each. Despite the strained mood, the content seems to make it a little easier to work through it and even serves to improve her disposition a bit. She's still not the all-smiles-and-hugs Pandora you're used to, but she's noticeably better. It will obviously take some time to get through it all, but you're on the right track.

You have more time for work, but there are still a few gnawing issues in the back of your mind. Maybe there's a way to break the ice a little more by asking her about what she's like to see in a new room for her, or you could chance asking her how she feels about the upcoming new brother, though that could be tricky and still a touchy subject.
>Ask about the room
>Ask about the brother
>Continue on with the lesson as usual
>Speak (write in)
>Other (write in)
>>
File: EQ6A9570.jpg (222 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
EQ6A9570.jpg
222 KB, 750x1125
>>43994931
>I'd like to talk to you about your room. Since... i figure you'd need space if you wanna be active, and maybe... have some way of communicating with ... well your brother or us or anyone if need be.

I like a lot of the ideas posted >>43993585 basically. But i don't know if its too soon to talk about that stuff. Talking about her room instead of her feelings about bro feels like changing the subject.

Pic semi unrelated.
>>
>>43994931
Absolutely do NOT talk about gifts. That's setting a standard for bribery.

>Ask if she wants her own books to study in her own time
>Ask if she would like to talk to her brother when he's built
>>
>>43995046
I'd go with the books but I feel like talking about the solider android wouldn't help her that much.
>>
File: Bugel-Boy.png (5 MB, 1828x2366) Image search: [Google]
Bugel-Boy.png
5 MB, 1828x2366
>>43995046
Yeah lets go with this. I wonder if she's worried about not having control.
Plus i figure her and her brother talking might put her mind at ease and well might be healthy for brother ares as well.
>>
>>43994931

How much longer till the dogdroid is built?
>>
File: 1449080012707.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1449080012707.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>43995137
whoops didn't mean to post that.
just a little side thing i was uh... working on.
>>
>>43995137
>>43995162
>it's 2050....
>and Minecraft became real
>>
>>43995153
He'll be ready tomorrow, and the day after that the enhanced strength upgrade will be ready.

So is >>43995046 the consensus?
>>
>>43995210
I wasn't in the mood to draw a bunch of people skulls so i just folded a few paper ones and took photos of them in different kinds of piles. In retrospect I can't unsee that now.
>>
>>43995220
I'd like to think so unless anyone else has something to say.
>>
>>43995299
Works for me! Writing.
>>
You think some small talk might be good right now, not to mention it could help you get an idea for what to put in the new room eventually.

"So...uh..." you begin "Pandora, what would you say to your own books to study on your own time? Like, what we study here, but some things for you whenever you want."

"Um..." Pandora seems conflicted "I don't know. I guess. Do I have to do lessons on my own now?"

"No, no, of course not." You assure her "But if you wanted to learn on your own time, you could. Even new things you haven't learned yet if you want."

Pandora shrugs, speaking in a very non-committal tone of voice. "Okay." You have a feeling this isn't really going to work too well.

You think something a little more straight-forward and drastic might work, but try to be as careful about it as possible. "So...when he's...ready, do you think you'd be interested in talking to your brother?"

Pandora frowns "Why?" she says flatly, eyes firmly on the paper in front of her.

"W-well," you struggle to think of a reason quickly "he'd be the only other AI like you. You'll have a lot in common. And he'll be your brother. Part of his upbringing will involve his big sister, you know? It'll be up to you to be a good role model for him, and a friend...someone he can relate to and connect with."

Pandora remains silent for a minute, obviously thinking this, but the frown still ever-present. "Will he hurt me?" Ouch.

"No, no, of course not!" you say quickly, waving your arms "Nobody wants to hurt you, I promise."

Pandora thinks more on this, then looks up at you. "Will he hurt you?" The look on her face is a mix of frustration and what you think is mild concern.

"No, he won't hurt me either." you shake your head, smiling. "He won't hurt anybody here. He might not even hurt anybody ever. But...sometimes you need to hurt others to keep them from hurting people you care about. Like in movies, remember?" You're not sure if this is effective.

Cont.
>>
File: Battle-ANgel-Pandora.png (93 KB, 773x860) Image search: [Google]
Battle-ANgel-Pandora.png
93 KB, 773x860
>>43995363
Did I do this right op?
Upon looking it up i discovered i have a hazy recollection of this show/thing from my childhood. I remember something about these giant razor rings that flew up and down these pipes leading to a giant city... and ... a scene with someone climbing up one that kind of... fucked me up as a kid.

But like i said, hazy recollection. I should go see if i can find the thing again.
>>
"They had to hurt bad guys." Pandora says, the concern slowly draining from her features.

"So that the good guys were safe." you agree "That's what his job will be. To keep good people like you and me safe from bad guys."

"Oh..." Pandora mulls this over, then looks you in the eye "Yes. I want to talk to him."

You smile. "Alright, I'll be sure to get you two some time together to talk and get to know eachother. I'm sure he'll like you just as much as me and everyone else here." Her mood seems to have improved from this and you think you see a tiny hint of a smile creep across her mouth. You inwardly give a sigh of relief, things are looking much better.
>Continue the lesson
>Do something fun (write in)
>Speak (write in)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43995601
I remember exactly what scene you're talking about. There's a giant floating city where all the nice shit is, essentially one part (below) is trashy slums, one part above is nice and Alita needs to get to the nice part, but the cable tube thing has defenses to prevent the poor people from climbing up. Great scene, really cool.
Picture is great too!
>>
>>43995654
>Do something fun (write in)
Read about dogs.
Specifically, how to look after a pet dog kind of stuff. Because even if it's a robot it still needs to be looked after properly.
>>
>>43995654
Something fun, but perhaps connected to the lesson.

Christmas is coming after all, maybe we should ask pandora what she'd like.
>>
>>43995654
>Do something fun.
But maybe with Gracie. you know let the girls talk and what not.
>>
>>43995850
>>43995790
>>43995703
So do something fun seems to be what's winning, but what exactly you should do is up to debate.
>>
>>43995703
>>43995790
>>43995850

Pandora would like a dog.
We teach Pandora basic how to have a dog stuff.
Gracie is also there, and she can help explain dog.

There we go everything turned into one prompt.
>>
>>43995952
Works for me! Writing.
>>
You decide that some fun would be in order, if only to help Pandora's mood along. You figure Grace wouldn't mind joining in, so you load up some videos about caring for dogs, since Pandora's little surprise is on it's way. You ask Grace to help explain the finer points of animals and dogs in general. How hard could it be?
Roll 1d100 to dog. Best of 3.
>>
File: References.png (134 KB, 872x398) Image search: [Google]
References.png
134 KB, 872x398
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>43995987
Dogs are great aren't they?
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>43995987
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>43995987
the dice gods are not favoring us this day.
>>
>>43996069
At least you didn't just smash your knee into your desk. Fuck. Writing.
>>
>>43996110
this is gonna get a little awkward i can tell.

Otherwise what are some requests i can do before we wrap up?
>>
Turns out, very. Grace is actually allergic, so she has very little experience with them and the over-saturation of people's videos of their pets doing stupid tricks or reacting to various things, while cute, doesn't help with your situation at all. Pandora completely forgets the original idea and just wants to watch more videos of dogs being funny. So much for that idea.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to end it here, as I'm getting sleepy, but thank all of you so much for playing! If you enjoyed this, please vote for it on the archive and follow me on Twitter! If you have any questions, I can answer them for a little bit.

Also, sorry for the delay in the post, had to hit the WC and get a band aid for aforementioned knee.
>>
>>43996212
Thanks for running again AM.
I thought the knee thing was a joke considering our run of breaking things on tables. At least you don't need to get a whole new body.
>>
>>43996228
I certainly wouldn't turn down a stronger, sexier body.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>43996235
Rolling for AM's stronger, sexier body.
>>
>>43996212
really like the run tonight. like the direction the story is headed.

NO questions, but my usual art offer is on the table.

well maybe one question.
ETA on brother?
>>
>>43996265
I half expected a 1.

Also, tonight got me thinking about another quest I've wanted to run. In fact, the first quest idea I ever came up with. It would be a draw quest. The kicker is, I can't draw for shit, but it would work with the setting. Would you guys be interested in a draw quest where the art is terrible (like really terrible) but very lighthearted and fun story.

>>43996280
Thanks!
How about Dorothy from Big O?
Also, brother will be done in two weeks. I may allow a timeskip soon if enough people are interested.
>>
>>43996301
ehh, too little information to go on. What kind of lighthearted? Kind of burnt out on shallow laughs.
>>
>>43996301
A time skip might be interesting to use, because if there is one thing that might be a complaint is the pacing especially with one thread a week as compared for two. But still not sure, i kind of like the day by day goings on.
>>
>>43996301
If you feel like running another quest I might read it.
But idk if you want to run two quests.
>>
File: smurt.png (5 KB, 347x337) Image search: [Google]
smurt.png
5 KB, 347x337
>>43996335
Funny, I guess. /tg/ tends to have an over abundance of grimdark in their quests, so just good ol' stupid funny stuff. The quest would revolve abound the MC, an exceptionally dull-witted Orc named Smurt and his adventures through the lands.
>>43996354
I know a few QMs that run multiple quests, and Smurt would be really simple and goofy, no deep plots to keep track of or excessive stats etc. In fact, since it was the first quest I'd designed, it was unbelievably simple and easy for me. My only issue is it might take a little bit to make scenes, but I've predrawn quite a few assets so that I can just literally slap together a scene using MSPaint any time I need to. For instance, here's Smurt.
>>
>>43996376
If you want to then, I'd read it.
Also Smurt should invest in a helmet that fits.
>>
>>43996301
I'm really looking forward to the robot building, but I hope you're prepared for the inevitable shitstorm of military ethics arguing from people who know nothing about the military. At least assuming we're teaching this one like we are Pandora.
>>
>>43996397
They don't make too many Orcish helmets that fit you when you're like 5foot nothing.

Worse when you're Smurt and less than that.
>>
>>43996376
>/tg/ tends to have an over abundance of grimdark in their quests, so just good ol' stupid funny stuff
you would be very, very surprised. It's not as bad as MYSTERY BOX, but if there's a decision that would be "funny" to US, not even to the main character, it gets quite a bit of sway. You can get hilariously out of character just to get one questionably funny scene, and then you have a lot of plot holes to fill up and suddenly everyone disappears because they can't be assed to take responsibility.
>>
>>43996413
You mean like getting a man with multiple advanced scientific degrees from MIT to dance in the men's room?
>>
File: 6 Billion Dollar Baby.png (123 KB, 483x653) Image search: [Google]
6 Billion Dollar Baby.png
123 KB, 483x653
>>43996376
Could be neat OP. Could run with some Groo-esque vibes.

I'll be honest,I've always wanted to run a quest of my own. You know, something semi-draw quest, semi written. Been a bit scared to try, but still, I figure it be worth while to try it out, would make great practice for art and writing.

still working on that request
>>
>>43996447
Some nerds actually have repressed desires to do "party" stuff, but never have the "opportunity" to do it.

Now, it's his "job", and you always gotta do a job well. Alternatively, prideful people who don't take failure well.make sure that if they're ever ribbed about it again they won't embarrass themselves.

I'm talking more like......gimme a moment
>>
>>43996480
The thing about quests is, you just gotta set up everything beforehand, pre-write some stuff, pre-draw and do whatever you can to prepare, and then just go for it. It's terrifying at first, I remember being unbelievably nervous when I started PQ, but now, only a few months later, I feel totally natural doing it.
>>
>>43996493
>>43996447
....touch fluffy tail? Like, okay, some people like that stuff, but why is it an automatic choice regardless of which quest it is and regardless of prior information on the MC?

I'm getting off topic, there was an Ork quest that started a few days ago, seems like the same kind of simple that you're going for. Plenty of people went to that one, so I think you'll do fine.
>>
File: Space-Hero-Concept-art.png (1 MB, 857x1172) Image search: [Google]
Space-Hero-Concept-art.png
1 MB, 857x1172
>>43996496
I'll keep that in mind. I'm debating on how mechanically focused vs. story focused it should be because i wanted to include some minor chargen and rolling snd stuff, but mostly keeping it pulpy and light. I'm also debating on wether or not people will go for the setting as well. Like I'm thinking of doing a sort of Starship Troopers kind of thing going on, a black humor, pulpy action, and maybe with some deeper lore. But I'm still in the concept stage at the moment.
>>
>>43996607
chargen sounds a bit dangerous for a drawquest of any sort, at the level of detail you work with.
>>
>>43996607
What >>43996634 said. Chargen and draw quest is a bad combination if you ask me. Chargen can get difficult, especially if you get a large number of players. Look at Hive Queen Quest and how much input people give on designing drones and such. Frankly I don't know how he does it.
>>
>>43996634
>>43996654

I was thinking char gen would be more for skills and stats. The Maincharacter basically being a nameless faceless rube.
Like the way I'd frame it is that its an aptitude test, and people can vote on what they put where in terms of stats, and then get a list of "skills" relating to those stats and have the training in those skills be options for the quest in writing, in what is basically going to bootcamp. I admit I'm taking a touch of inspiration from how something like say Fallout or Savage worlds deals with things.

but if it seems to complicated I might just go with Voting on what they should be "training in"

I'm definitely leaning towards what is basically something looser mechanically, kind of like this, or the cyclops civ, with the added bonus of having a stats players can refer to to color how the character acts.
>>
>>43996709
oh. well in that case....I have a lot of misgivings about chargen in general.

But if you think you can integrate the MC well, or already set certain boundaries to work with....not like I can stop you from NOT doing so.
>>
>>43996744
I might just ultimately make it light and incorporate it into the game, kind of like an invisible vague statsheet that just gets effected by player actions.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.