[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 2k: House is not allowed here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: brother vinni.jpg (105 KB, 620x659) Image search: [Google]
brother vinni.jpg
105 KB, 620x659
Continued from: >>43879760
So total Fallout 2k noob here.
How is the mass relay with the generic Robot army?
Is it worth it's Points as, while I do enjoy losing Programmed behaviour the free relay usually are enough playroom for me.
>>
File: CIubsq7.gif (334 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
CIubsq7.gif
334 KB, 600x414
>>
>>43990354
good places to get fallout miniatures?
>>
>>43990990
Other than Brother Vinni?
Nothing much comes to mind.
>>
>>43991626
There's plenty of Post-apoc miniatures lines out there, but for "close enough to the game" you need Brother Vinni.
>>
>>43992472
>>43992472
Man you sound like a total fucking shill.
>>
File: Fallout System 0.12101.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout System 0.12101.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Just so we have shit to discuss.
Rushed update!
Added Allies (Forgot Kings), Gears at the end, and more!
Please play the beta scenario, they do help me balance shit
>>
>>43991626
>>43992472
>power armor design is close to the new design instead of the classic design
>Deathclaw is waaaay too far off.
>>
File: Mean.jpg (76 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Mean.jpg
76 KB, 250x250
>>43992806

Show better or fuck off.
>>
File: Din Fallout.jpg (105 KB, 720x629) Image search: [Google]
Din Fallout.jpg
105 KB, 720x629
>>43992806
>>43993811
Okay before you two start killing this thread with an inane argument why don't you just start by saying what you are actually looking for?

Let's say Brother Vinnie is our anchor, because he actually produces rather specific minis like the powerarmor we already know the scale we are looking for. Truescale 28mm.

That's a good start, because now we know we can get cheap civilians and tribal warriors in plastic from wargames factory or any of the historically relevant kits from perry or warlord for example.
Perry sudanese could be made into tribesmen. Warlord has several boxes aimed at the Zulu wars, so these work too.

Now if you are looking for Beastlords or Raiders there is stuff from other Post Apoc games or manufacturers that surf on the Mad Max vibe like Sulphur, Punkocalypse, Eden, Ramshackle, and basically a whole bunch of Foundry ranges from survivors to gang members, bandits etc, though Foundry tends to gravitate towards the heroic spectrum.
Then there's also a huge market for zombie miniatures and the like because for some reason zombies became popular again. So you got boardgames like Zombicide and the like where you could get zombies and survivors which could also function als ghouls and survivors.
Hasslefree has a pretty large collection of beautiful sculpts, quite a lot could work as armed civilians as well.
Then you could have a look at popular movie character like Mad Max or similar, like say Snake Plissken.
Then you obviously also have modern miniatures because a lot of the Fallout Weapons are real world weapons. So look for so called 'Insurgents' or 'rebels', i.e. terrorits and stuff like that for modern theatres of war.
Then there was anothergame which I forgot the name of but recently had a kickstarter which even had Brahmin as miniatures.

Long story short, there is a huge amount of stuff you could use as Fallout miniatures.
>>
>>43994114
Rad Scorpions and other uglies can be sourced from fantasy miniatures.
Deathclaws. Brother Vinnie has one of those, in case - as somebody mentioned - those minis are not close enough to real thing, I'd say there are loads of minis you could convert.
Anything like a werewolf or minotaur or if you want to go cheap with plastic kits GW crypghould could be converted into Deathclaws if you give them a little love with modeling putty or a headswap.

Then you also have a quite extensive range of scenery these days to work with. Pardulon does a resin shanty town, that could work for bandit camps among other things, Armorcast obviously has loads of stuff, any old ruin will do, though with the Batman game and the rising popularity of Steampunk games there have been loads of regular 'old timey' houses that could work in Fallouts retro optic.
Which reminds me that you can probably easily get 28mm Humvee's to convert the Brotherhood of Steel stranports. Anvil Industries might even make some vehicles that look like that right out of the box.
Yeah, there have been run of 50s themed matchbox cars too for civilian car wrecks if you want to explore that.

Since it's all set in America the 4ground Wild West houses could work too, since they're all made of wood. Would fit the style in anyway.

I mean I cold go on, but there are seriously shit tons of things you can use to make Fallout come to life on your table.
All you have to do is take a look around.
>>
>>43994263
Oh yeah, before I forget it, you can also use 0 gauge trains and 1:50 model kits for all that stuff if you stick with truescale miniatures.
Like cattle from model trains and the like to convert bhramin if you can't find anything else.
>>
File: end300.jpg (92 KB, 790x708) Image search: [Google]
end300.jpg
92 KB, 790x708
>>43991626
Khurasan Miniatures has "government soldiers", mutants and some monsters.
>>
Did the project die?
Last I checked some were making homebrews.
>>
>>43996492
they're 15mm though.
important information, yo!
>>
>>43990354
What's the basics of the game?
>>
>>43997440
What kind of plebs would not play the best of scales?
>>
>>43997784
>best of scales
So...
How many big name miniature games are set at this scale?
>>
>>43998020
FoW and I'd argue almost any histoical
>>
>>43998020
Popularity is not a proof of quality. 15mm is objectively the best scale for gaming, offering models large enough to be detailed, and small enough to field more than a handful without clogging the table like thanksgiving shit clogs the toilet.
>>
>>43998333
Popularity can still serve as a good litmus test for quality though.
>>
>>43998333
6mm is objectively better for gaming since you can have even more models and more maneuvering.
>>
>>43998610
It's the only scale next to 2mm where you risk inhaling your models though.
>>
>>43998333
>Popularity is not a proof of quality.
Considering that quality is what you make it, Popularity is a good measure of quality.
>>
File: Assaultron-loadingscreen.png (1 MB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
Assaultron-loadingscreen.png
1 MB, 1918x1080
>>43990354
So anyone else pissed off how they made the new Assultron units so utterly OP just so they could sell them to the band-wagoners?
>>
>>43992806

Actually, the Mountain Horror comes with an optional head and tail which make it a perfect match for FO 1/2/3/NV.

Though I I far prefer the FO4 design.
>>
>>44000153
I don't care, really.
If only because it means I get to play with a hoard of q.t 50's era fembots
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.