[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k RPG General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1438347376427.jpg (14 KB, 261x189) Image search: [Google]
1438347376427.jpg
14 KB, 261x189
We seriously need a OP pic Edition.

Didn't find one in the catalogue!

40k:
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

and 40k accessories:
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

So, to start shit off. I want to run an Imperial Knight game for 3 players. Which system would be the most suited for that sort of play?
>>
File: 40K-RPG-Logo_Bone.png (162 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
40K-RPG-Logo_Bone.png
162 KB, 600x255
We had an OP pic, people just stopped using it.

Also RT is probably your best bet, both for if you're planning on doing the homebrewing yourself or using an existing one. Check Shas's books if the latter.
>>
File: Chaos-Stern.jpg (83 KB, 1205x648) Image search: [Google]
Chaos-Stern.jpg
83 KB, 1205x648
As with the start of every thread:
How did you last session go, /tg/?
>>
New to Rogue Trader here, got a question about the rules in the Navis Primer
According to the system for navigating, if you are under or above a certain threshold you arrive severely off course. You then do a test and if you pass you get upgraded to slightly off course.

Is that the end of it? Or do I then proceed to have the navigator do the test again to upgrade to on course? It seems odd that having a high navigate skill hurts rather than helps you arrive on course but that's the RAW.
>>
File: Death_Korps_of_Krieg_Medic.jpg (18 KB, 654x534) Image search: [Google]
Death_Korps_of_Krieg_Medic.jpg
18 KB, 654x534
>>43990768
Had my first session of Dark Heresy 2e a few days ago, went alright even though it was short and the GM is running some premade. We're investigating a hiveworld noble's murder at the moment. My character, a Death Korps quartermaster in training, safely recovered a foul artifact on the noble and sealed it up for safekeeping. He was also able to determine the slain murderers should have already been medically dead at the time of the murder. Needless to say once we concluded the investigation of the murder scene he saw it was cleansed in promethium suspecting they were afflicted by some underhive wasting disease. He also collected the names of all the deceased and where they worked so we can follow up why they did it, and possibly any vectors for the disease.

Between that and what the other PCs uncovered I've got the gist of what's going on, but my character can't possibly know and it's created this awful sense of dread for me going forward.
>>
>>43993075

>character can't possible know

Why is that?
Because the others haven't told him what they know or because you have previous knowledge of the lore than he wouldn't know?
>>
>>43993178
Because I have prior lore knowledge. I'm familiar enough with the setting to connect the dots and make the jump to nurgle cult and plague zombies. None of us have forbidden lore though.
>>
>>43993258

Ah.
Well, that's always the trouble with prewritten adventures and Dark Heresy. If possible have your GM write his own stuff next time. Ordos Xenos is good because you can make up whatever. Or use the Daemon Hunter book to create some original daemons/cults.
>>
>>43993398
Makes sense really, I guess it helps that of the players only the psyker and I are very familiar with the setting overall. Everyone else only really knows the research they did to play their characters and what the GM has told them.
>>
File: Already Dead Bloodborne.jpg (55 KB, 572x662) Image search: [Google]
Already Dead Bloodborne.jpg
55 KB, 572x662
>>43990768

There are so many stories I want to tell from Spess Mareen: Republican Commando. I have like 3 backlogged. But I just don't have the time to share them anymore since my job takes up so much time. I feel so exhausted.

I also need to figure something out for said Deathwatch game. Brynjol, the Spess Wolf Assault Mareen has requested more stuff to buy with Requisition, since he's become a Consul Chaplain and has all the weapons and armor he needs. He literally gives all his requisition away every episode since there's nothing he really needs. Anyone got any ideas of stuff that can be bought or moved into Deathwatch that an Assault Mareen can find useful?
>>
What are your upcoming games looking like?

Our GM is running a one-off of Deathwatch soon and I'm pretty excited. The players have chosen to play as:
>Salamanders Tactical Marine, myself
>Flesh Tearers Assault Marine
>Imperial Fists Devastator
>Angels of Absolution Apothecary
>Iron Hands Librarian
>>
>>43993584

Well, as long as you had fun, that's what really matters. The mystery is only a conduit for that after all.

>>43993596

Don't play much Deathwatch but perhaps services? Add a monetary value to bombing strikes, supply drops, etc. Allow him to bring in that.
Kinda gamey, though.
>>
>>43994170
RoB already does that.
The issue is that he really only does one thing: Run up to things and bop on them with his choppas. A LOT.
What more is there to improve with such a model?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.