[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning Lenore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: banner of the tards.png (199 KB, 787x162) Image search: [Google]
banner of the tards.png
199 KB, 787x162
So, is there anyone who even remembers this glorious trainwreck?

Also, would anyone be up for creating a codified set of rules to play in the land of hallucinogenic bugs and rapedactyls? Because frankly I feel like getting shit done. The base framework will be burning wheel light or as its more commonly known, mouseguard and torchbearer.
>>
>>43987896
It gets mentioned every few months but nobody does anything.
>>
>>43987920
I think they're waiting on the writefags. For whatever reason they really were the ones that drove the setting to wherever it got to.

But yeah sure I'd be down.
>>
The first big question especially with a setting like this is where and when do you start?
For where its a little easier the '/tg/' region is well fleshed out as to what its like and what sort of critters and peoples might be there. The When is a bit harder. My gut instinct tells me to have it around the end of the first year. This gives us an equal footing and tipping off point for people that want to be 'fresh off the boat' and more grizzled been through hell and back sorts.
>>
>>43988025
But first lets go back and define the nature of a man. These should be three or four traits that hep set us apart from everything else for example for mice it would be running away,hiding, foraging and sneaking. I doubt these would fit well with most. Nature plays something akin to a reservoir of raw power in burning wheel games and acts as a way to get a big edge on opponents and obstacles. But the higher the nature the more akin you are to the average schmuck of your species this caps out at seven, but go to low and youre far too strange in the eyes of your fellow men this being nature zero.
>>
fapping, being a cunt, making shitty threads and furfaggotry.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 198x254
They always ask about ''the good old days". About when there was a wild open world where things were easy and free and men were men.

I always tell them to fuck off. It was a bloody messy time for those of us that first came here. Even now, sixty goddamn years later I remember it like it was yesterday. The cold nights filled with the howls of alien monsters and all I could do was cling to a damn foam boffer that I prayed would be enough to scare them away.

Oh there were good days sure, seeing a whole brand new planet ripe and ready to be explored but, more often than not, we were cold, tired,afraid and always soaked to the bone by goddamn rain. We were men alright but we weren't Davy Crockets or Daniels Boons. Just simple hapless fuckers stuck in a situation that we never asked for.

So I'll talk about the 'good old days' and explain why that first year was nothing but a time of blood and misery for your old grand-dad little boy.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 277x182
>>43989275
Day One.

I, unlike you kids likely ever will worked in something called a convenience store. These were places that people would go to buy shit they wanted in a pinch. No market days, no waiting for a craftsmen to churn it out. Just was there easy as you please. So, when the wave hit, when it ripped me and several million other souls from good old Earth. I was in a pickle, you see though I worked in a store it sold well...it sold junk really. Junk food, cheap beer and something called a cigarette. Those will matter later think of them like Jitter, something people use to take the edge off only..not made out of boiled and crushed bugs.

We had ten minutes to pack out gear. I was left with a visor, essentially a hat with no top, a vest filled with half dead pens and as much beer, malt liquor and junk food as I could carry. I piled it all right with me, bottles of pop, cartons of stogies and funions all ready to go as I was swallowed up by that god forsaken light.

Looking back, I can safely say your granddad was a complete fool.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>43989516
(guess that should have been day zero)

Now, you kids are better off in a lot of ways, back then. We weren't sure what would eat us, could eat us or for that matter if we could chow down on anything. We arrived often in groups of two or three, usually feeling hungover and as if we'd been through the biggest party night the worlds ever seen only to realize that we were stuck in a jungle of red and orange trees, our ears filled with the sounds of hissing howling creatures that we had never seen and our noses dealing with the stench of our own fear and the scent of a whole alien ecosystem.

I was lucky, Grand dad useless as I was had some skills. I went to college, I hiked and camped a lot when I could and often a lot more rough than most people. Sleeping on the ground, or in a tree was fine for me. There was four of us, A guy named Chuck, nice enough guy was in the Army back on Earth and showed it. No nonsense and a better man than I, then there was Tim, he was like me some rubber necker that got unlucky. Tim was from the big city and somehow had gotten a shotgun with a box of ammo, ten gauge slugs. We got along well and he also played Twilight 200 which was a nice change of pace, finally was Earl, a slob of a man, and showed no signs of caring about the fact that our surviving was based on us working together. He brought little to the table beyond...well a table. Apparently he'd been mid-meal devouring his second large cheese pizza and was zapped.

So at least our first meal wasn't all bad I guess. Though that was the last time I had honest to god pizza and it was little Caesars...
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 203x249) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 203x249
>>43989700

Things went to hell pretty quick really. The four of us tried to get along, but aside from Tim and I it was apparent from the get go it wasn't going to settle well. Chuck left off on his own as soon as the food was gone, and he'd given a polite goodbye. Looking back I can't blame him really and were I the person I am now, I'd have done the same thing but I wasn't. I was a kid lugging a backpack and shopping bags full of useless crap.

Earl clung to us with an almost parasitic level of persistence and slowed us down to a crawl. He thankfully had enough smarts to leave the table behind. When night came in, we were stuck on the ground. I didn't have a knife, Earl couldn't climb to save his fat ass and Chuck was well chuck. And willing to stick it out with us to the end.

It was also around now, that I had my first real breakdown kids. I looked at the stars, and realized just how far from home we had to be. No constellations I knew were up there. I spent that first night praying and crying to whatever god would listen...

looking back, we weren't even men.
>>
>>43989958
And I meant Tim...goddamn it.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>43989958
That first night, was when we really got a taste for life on Lenore. Stuck on the ground, in the darkness of what would become the confederacy. Earl, of all people noticed it first, lurking in the brush, stalking us and circling around the trees, six legs tipped with razor claws and a face only a mother could love, a tail that'd break a man's bones with a single swing.

We didn't realize it then but that was a small one. More like what you kids are used too than how they really are. Monsters that terrorized whole settlements and took teams of skilled fighting men to take down.

A yowler, the screaming terror of the night had found us. Earl was the first to run, he bolted the opposite direction thinking he'd be safe...it bought Tim and myself some time at least. we scrabbled up a big old tree and go to the highest branch we could while we listened to Earl's screams as it chased him down and ate him alive.

..I still hear his voice sometimes.
>>
should I ramble on or let this thread die?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.