[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 40k whuur general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k whuur general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
IA14 when edition?
SoB: Why does GW Hate Them? Subedition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
>>43980786
Can someone give me dark heresy II pdfs? Much appreciated
>>
File: 1448922989322.png (324 KB, 619x513) Image search: [Google]
1448922989322.png
324 KB, 619x513
>>43980786

Second for SoB are a meme army and saying things like they would sell better than Marines if they were made in plastic makes you delusional
>>
File: LISTEN NIGGER.jpg (25 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
LISTEN NIGGER.jpg
25 KB, 500x441
>>43980816
Nobody said they would sell better than SM. They would, however, likely sell more than Dark Eldar, which got a massive update, SoB don't.

The assumption is GW will update them when the stuff is sold. Immolator is sold out, so, maybe they'll be sold out soon.

Also....

STOP BULLYING SOB YOU BULLY.
>>
>>43980816
I wish this whole X is a "meme thing" would end.
>>
>>43980786
>IA14 when edition?

Can't wait for the Tau to beat up the Imperials some more.
>>
>>43980849
>x is a meme

Is a meme.

>The Mechanicum Ordinatus Ulator is a Lords of War choice for Mechanicum armies in Horus Heresy games. It can also be taken as a Lords of War Choice by Adeptus Mechanicum: Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii armies in games of Warhammer 40,000 using the rules found in The Horus Heresy: Mechanicum – Taghmata Army List.

>40,000 rules

Why FW? Why? Give us IA14.
>>
File: 1445954717296.png (647 KB, 450x686) Image search: [Google]
1445954717296.png
647 KB, 450x686
>>43980899

The Imperium is never going to have a clean win over the Tau in a big book are they? So sick and tired of it...
>>
>>43980958
Tau empire is just too small for that to happen. Losing a single sept would be a massive setback for the empire, while the imperium can lose sectors like it ain't no thang.
>>
>>43980909
If I was at home I would take a pic and post it here, sorry man.

If the thread is up later I will.
>>
>>43981067
That's why the Imperium went in panic mode and started to extermnitus worlds left and right when the Necrons conquered one sector. huh?
>>
>>43980794
pleeease
>>
How the fuck do mount a succesful attack if I lose the initiative and suffer damage to all my squads before I can even move?
>>
>>43981102
The Necrons are millions of years old with technology that is basically magic and don't die when you shoot them.Not quite the same thing.
>>
>>43981131
Play marines nerd!

Heuheuheuheu!!!

In all serious, pinning weapons are the way to go. If you charge an enemy who has gone to ground, you don't suffer the initiative penalty for charging through terrain, even if you don't have grenades.
>>
Does anyone have the new call of chaos warbands 40k thing?
>>
>>43981227
I bought it but realised too late that I don't have a platform that can run it properly.

The epub format fucks up on my tablet for some reason.
>>
>>43981131
>>43981220
Plus pinning stops overwatch.
>>
File: DE.jpg (90 KB, 469x358) Image search: [Google]
DE.jpg
90 KB, 469x358
Still looking for some help. Everyone got too excited with Orks last thread to notice my Dark Eldar Army.

I am new and just about done with my army. All I need to do is pickup and paint the Venom.

I feel like my Archon needs a unit but my transports are full. He can't really go with scourges can he?

Archon (125pts)
Huskblade, Shadow field

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors (165pts)
Dark Lance

Raider
Shock Prow

5 Kabalite Warriors (95pts)
Venom

Fast Attack

7 Scourges (112pts)

497/500
>>
>>43981281
Bugger all anti tank there.
>>
>>43981281
Are the scourges built already? You're desperately short of antitank, one single dark lance, which will be snapshooting if the raider moves at all, ain't gonna get it done (even at 500 points). Adding a few antitank weapons to the scourges would fix that somewhat.
>>
>>43981296
>>43981316

I only have 5/7 painted so far. They are two of them are actually modeled with the Dark Lances.

With my current list if I dropped down to 5 Scourge and gave two of them Dark Lances then I would be at 505 pts....
>>
File: bully.jpg (134 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
134 KB, 762x613
>>43980839
>STOP BULLYING SOB YOU BULLY.
Il tell you what, SoB battle suck.
They suck more than dark eldar, hell they suck even more than NPC races like the Orks and Nids.

They're going to be phased out of the game until they have nothing but an outdated codex and a few mentions in the fluff. This is the sad truth anon and the sooner you get over it the better.
>>
>>43981281
>>43981365

I was thinking of getting 4 Incubi and another Venom for my Archon. Should I not bother with 500 points and try to move up to 750?

Or should I take some wargear from my Archon to afford more Dark Lances?

What other units should I look into?

Are Harlequins worth looking into?

Current models I am looking to get:

1. Incubi
2. Venoms are my favorite vehicle.
3. I have ten Scourges total so want to run them all.
>>
>>43981266
>>43981220
The problem is that Pinning weapons are getting steadily rarer (since Sniper and, IIRC, Barrage weapons no longer have it as standard), and there aren't very many armies in the game who aren't Fearless or Ld9-10. It's a nice idea but very hard to put into practice just because of how unreliable it is.
>>
>>43981281
Swap the Shock Prow on the Raider for a Dark Lance. You might also want to think about dropping a couple of Scourges and picking up a pair of weapon upgrades for the squad - Haywire Blasters will let them hang around the center of the table, chipping Hull Points off vehicles without exposing themselves to too much fire.

If you're looking for a place to put the Archon, drop a single Warrior from the squad in the Raider and plop him in there. He can disembark and charge off on his own once you get close enough, while the rest of the squad stays in the transport shooting out the top.
>>
>>43981281

I am new myself and what they are saying about Anti Tank is very true. I think you should stick at 500 points and try and work with in it.

I dont know Dark Eldar so I wish I could help but I with my Cult Mechanics 500 pt list I only have 12 models but I think m
they pack a lot more punch then Eldar.

Mayne drop your group of 10 troops and bring another group of 5 in a venom to give you more rooms. You definitely don't want your HQ to be alone.
>>
>>43981533

But I thought I needed 10 Warriors to tave the heavy weapon?
>>
>>43981115
torrentz.eu
>>
How to make a custom model?

Do I have to physically design it and then find a 3D printer myself?
>>
>>43981643

I mean that is the most indepth way to do it. Most people choose a base model and an assortment of wargear and well crafted green stuff.
>>
>>43981643
Either that, or carve it out of clay. That's how actual designers generally do it (except GW, who have pretty advanced digital molding equipment).

It's easier to convert an existing model, though.
>>
>>43981561
Dark Lances are a waste of time on Kabalite Warriors, because you can't move and fire them. Dark Eldar are all about speed; if something is going to slow you down or stop you moving then it generally isn't worth it. Splinter Cannons are great in Warrior squads, but your Archon needs a transport more than your Warriors need the extra shots.
>>
>>43981281
>laughing Leman Russes
>>
I am looking to start a Grey Knight army and am having a look through the codex. I haven't played since 5e but are Grey Knights just Terminators: The Army.

I really like their fluff n' stuff just not sure how else to really build them besides spamming Terminator Troops and a few Knights, probably a Librarian.
>>
File: Ork.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
Ork.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
Hey /tg/, I found my old army from way way way back when I was quite young and was wondering what you thought of it. To be honest I don't remember what half of this is but I was wondering what it was and if it was still servicible if I fixed it all up and painted it.

>1 warboss in mega armour
>1 weirdboy
>3 meganobs
>5 bikes
>4 guys with some kind of heavy weapons
>3 guys with flame throwers
>7 guys with rockets, a bomb squig, a hammer and a nob
>1 war buggy
>5 commandos with a nob with a claw
>1 old fashioned truck
>1 battle wagon (?)
>16 shooter boys with nob
>18 slugga boys with nob

What do you think?
>>
>>43981744
>Dark Eldar in a nutshell
That's the way it's always been. They get fucked by Eradicator spam.

>>43981767
Librarian, couple of Paladin squads, fill the rest with Interceptors.

Terminators: The Army is Deathwing.
>>
>>43980909
>. It can also be taken as a Lords of War Choice by Adeptus Mechanicum: Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii armies
Are there other options like this? I thought Mechanicus and Mechanicum were basically independent of each other.
>>
>>43980909
> Lord of War
> Skitarii
How? I thought they didn't have that slot.
>>
>>43981220
>>43981266
I think he meant 'initiative' as in 'first turn', not 'strike first in CC'.
>>
>>43981806
> I thought Mechanicus and Mechanicum were basically independent of each other.

The Mechanicum became the Adeptus Mechanicus in the big reorganisation post-Heresy. So they're the same entity, by and large, and can't exist side by side. Though there were rumours that the next new Imperial Armour book was going to focus around the Mechanicus and have rules for bringing the 30k Mechanicum rules into the modern 40k setting, but god knows if they're true, and if they are when FW is going to take a break from the HH gravy train and release an IA book that isn't an updated old one.
>>
>>43981840
I meant rules-wise.
>>
>>43981817
Maniple does. Battle Maniple doesn't.

Yes, it's fucking confusing.
>>
>>43980899
Aren't we done with Tau? It's time for the next faction in need of updates to shine.
>>43981067
What about half a sept? Or a fight where the Imperium takes something valuable like a STC from right under the Tau's nonexistent noise?
>>
>>43981879
Ah, but anon, Tau are profitable! That new Riptide formation indicates that Nottingham will soon be nothing but a massive pile of shekels. And them losing or being written as anything but the good guys would alienate the rich NEET weeaboos!

Seriously, though, I'm fucking sick of Tau fluff. I need Crons or Deldar or something actually interesting. Tau are like the Phantom Menace of 40K: three quarters uninteresting politics, one quarter poorly-executed fight sequences.
>>
>>43981913
It's a sad day when crons are more interesting than a faction.
>>
>>43981932
>Crons aren't interesting
MY DEAR ANON
>>
>>43981949
I PLAY CRONS and I think they're uninteresting shitbags compared to most of 40k.
>>
>>43981958
Why even reanimate?
>>
File: 1444038175503.png (343 KB, 1000x825) Image search: [Google]
1444038175503.png
343 KB, 1000x825
>all these angry threads lately

anons, it's almost Christmas what are you guys getting/wishlisting? any Christmas events?
>>
>>43981987
Because it's fun to recreate the War in Heaven and watch the lesser race struggling to keep up with the Necrons Vs. Eldar fight.
>>
>>43981913
Tau can (very rigorous 'can') be interesting, but definitely not when they go all "hurr Gundam durr".
>>
>>43981452
>SoB battle suck
>Sisters of Battle battle suck

You keep thinking that, while I table armies like DE and SM every time I play Sisters.

Whether or not they become phased out is irrelevant, because I'll still haul those pewter models to every one of my games.
>>
File: I asked for this.jpg (23 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
I asked for this.jpg
23 KB, 500x311
>>43981989
>tfw getting Knight Acheron for christmas
>>
>>43982003
The fluff for the Farsight Enclaves is pretty good, up until you hit the point of
>hurr muh battlesuit is teh bestest
>muh broadside is bettar
>muh riptide is bettarar
>u are niggur, stormsurge is bestest
>>
>>43981913
Right then. Paint it as a team up that benefits the Imperium more. Imperium saves Tau from Nids/Crons/Chaos and act friendly enough to creep out the Tau. All in the meantime some Cogboys swipe the STC away.
>Brother, how long must we keep acting like this?
>Stay strong, Chaplain. Just smile and hug th xenos until we get what we want.
>Captain, you're going to need to restrain me from bashing your head in with this Crozius. XENOS, COME AND REJOICE IN OUR VICTORY!
>Just five more minutes, brothers. Just five more minutes.
Or something like that.
>>
>>43982050
>meanwhile, sneaky cogboys stealin' shit
I would paint up a TPD like a magpie just so I could do this.
>>
>>43982050
Just tell the earth caste you'll swap the STC for the Mystery Box. They won't be able to resist.
>>
>>43982094
Be sure to listen to fitting music while doing it. Something from the Ocean 11 soundtrack perhaps.
>>43982112
That could actually work.
>>
Okey /tg/ here is a rule discussion that has been running in my gaming group as of late and it looks like it won't end anytime soon, as thus i'm drawing upon your infinite wisdom and ability to spot things which we might have missed.

Let us start with the rules in question which are confudling us.

In the core book of wh40k 7th edition it says the following about modifying dice rolls:

Sometimes you may have to modify the number rolled on the dice (or the "roll"). This is noted as d6 plus or minus a number, such as d6+1. Roll the dice and add or substract the number given to or from the roll (as appropriate) to get the final result. For example D6+2 means roll a dice and add to 2 to the number on the dice for a total between 3 to 8.
Followed by rules for rolling more than 1 dice.

When reading the rules for Seize the Initiative it says:
If the player who is due to go second wishes to Seize the Initiative, he can roll a d6 before the beginning of the first game turn. On a roll of 6 he successfully seizes the initiative and goes first.

Does this mean that Any modifier to Seize the Initiative only ever have the effect of making it a 16% chance of success?
>>
>>43981767
The general composition for them is termi troops and 1-2 dreadknights.
From there interceptors and purifiers, as well as a stormraven or maybe a landraider are common.
Paladins are overpriced and just waste points, you're better off with termies.
Strike squads are okay but don't treat them like tactical marines. Hell everything that's normal 3+ infantry with nothing special doesn't really have much of a place.

As for HQ, a librarian is a good bet. From there you can add another one or whatever you feel like. Always take the book relic on your librarian, your powers are what make the army useful.

>>43982150
RAW, you're correct
>>
>>43982150
didn't you ask this before? there's a few characters or units that give modifiers to seize the initiative so it can be greater then 6+. codex/supplement/dataslate > brb
>>
>>43981782
Almost all of that is still worth bringing. Focus more on expanding the heavy weapon guys (lootaz) and the boyz with rockets (tankbustaz) and you'll have a decent list.
>>
>>43982150
Aren't most modifiers to Seize the Initiative phrased as "pass on 4+" or similar? Replacing the BRB wording instead of changing the roll?
>>
>>43982205
I think you misunderstand what he's saying
BRB states on a 6 you seize
Not on a 6+
>>
>>43982150
I'm wondering what the issue is here. You need 6+ to Seize, which is a 1/6 or 17% chance of success. If you get a modifier to that, it basically changes the necessary roll (the total needs to be six or greater). So you could Seize on 5+, or 4+, and this is generally how it's stated when the rule pops up.

Rules from a codex always override ones in the BRB anyway.

>>43982236
They are the same thing. It's never an exact roll to seize, it's a value of 6 or greater.
>>
>>43982236
isn't that the same thing? reminds me of reading through the AoS threads (inb4 don't mention that shit here) where someone was talking about how the modifiers still end up being 4+. it's suppose to be some major difference but it looks like the same stuff to me
>>
>>43982222
In the basic rules there is a warlord trait named Strategic Genius that says:
"You add +1 to any Seize the Initiative roll."
It also allows you to re-roll reserve rolls while your warlord is alive (successful or not)
>>
>>43982184

The Domina Liber Daemonica?

Not sure what powers to look for, bit rusty with Psykers, before I quit I was playing IG but have since gotten rid of all of them.
>>
>>43982259
Yeah, this is why I'm always confused when this guy posts this question. If you get the BRB warlord trait that improves your Seize roll by +1, that means you Seize on 5+.

5+1=6, y'know?
>>
>>43982249
There are places in the book; example Deny the Witch against witchfires where it says on a 6+ you succeed. However in this case it Clearly says "On a roll of 6 he successfully seizes the initiative"

And what we've found on the topic of modifying dice-rolls it says that a d6+x is 1+x to 6+x. Making the possible result 7 if you roll a 6. Which is Not 6 thus according to how it is written means you fail to Seize, what I was hoping was if there was a clarification or some secondary rule we missed that would explain this further or that we simply have to live with a factor in the game being well, like it is...

Basically what we are trying to find is confirmation if this is a RAW vs RAI thing.
>>
>>43982289
Pretty much every power GK have except purge soul is excellent.

>>43982249
>>43982259
>>43982278
From the BRB
>Seize the Initiative: If the player who is due to go second wishes to Seize the Initiative,
he can roll a D6 before beginning the first game turn. On a roll of 6, he successfully seizes
the initiative and goes first instead.

You have to roll a 6, not a 6+. This is RAW, there is no FAQ
>>
>>43982289
Biomancy will turn your psyker or the units around him into Pillar Men.
Telepathy is always useful, and retard-good if you get Invisibility.
Divination never hurts.
Santic is powerful if you get the right stuff (Hammerhand, Sanctuary, the teleporty one), but mediocre with the Primaris and Vortex of Doom.

>>43982331
>>43982348
Look.
The Warlord trait does not make you pass the STI test on a roll of 7. It _improves_ it by one, making it a 5+ roll.

I can see what you're thinking, that it needs to be an exact roll. But that's never how rolling works in 40K. RAI is clear.
>>
>>43982348
>hurr, you have to always roll 6 to seize
>hurr, anything that postively modifies it makes it impossible
>hurr, RAW says
RAW says armies can only be made up of Citadel miniatures, so why does Forge World exist?
>>
>>43982365
I can agree that RAI is pretty...if it's on a subjective level. However I need more leverage than that. Since i've yet to find any other example or rule clarification there are clear rule explanations in the beginning of the book explaining how die-roll modifiers work. The die result of 7 means you fail, meaning with that warlord trait you have to roll 5 with the modifier of +1 to reach 6 which becomes your die result.
>>
>>43982398
Lack of ambition there anon.
>Your army is made of citadel miniatures AND citadel glue AND citadel paint! That makes it illegal!
Much better.
>>
>>43982398
It actually says that in the 7th edition 40k codex? Where?
>>
>>43982289

From sanctic aim for gate of infinity, cleansing flame and sanctuary. Termies got hammerhand already. What I find as good core for nemesis strike force is 2 libbys and squad of termies for both. Then add dreadknights and then interceptors/putifiers. Purifiers are great but need transport. Allied pod should do. Or stormraven
>>
>>43982348
>>43982365

A ML3 librarian with the book and two 10 man Termi Squads with 2 Psycannons each is 900 points. Wouldnt 21 Footslogging Terminators get BTFO
>>
>>43982299
on a side note it's weird to refer to a roll as 6+ since the max number you get on a single die is 6 and i guess it's just something they carry over from all the other instances of dice like 3+ which means rolls of 3 or better

>>43982331
anon i think you've taken this too far. just do rules as intended because no one in person is gonna bother talking about this more then a minute or so

>so looking at the rule you need a 6+ to seize
>okay so i get a 5, now you go
>see the rule is rather confusing because it says 6+ an-
>are you gonna start rolling or what?
>in a second i wanted to explain this amazing rul-
>moving on i didn't seize so now we play
>>
>>43981958
Then you are a WAAC playing an army you have no interest in? Literally the worst person in this thread.
>>
File: JEW DUBYA AM I RIGHT.png (122 KB, 678x450) Image search: [Google]
JEW DUBYA AM I RIGHT.png
122 KB, 678x450
>>43982404
Send an email to GW. There's nothing I can quote that runs counter to that, because it's a valid interpretation of the rules as they are written.

But if somebody's trying to pull this shit on you, they're not worth playing.

>>43982419
Obviously it's nothing close to RAI, but as given, only an army of Citadel minis qualifies as an actual 40K army.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 600x620
Anybody want me to post the Ordinatus pages?

I'll be here for a while.
>>
File: 15314518728_2be69a72fa_z.jpg (106 KB, 546x640) Image search: [Google]
15314518728_2be69a72fa_z.jpg
106 KB, 546x640
>>43981989

More Stormtroopers for my IG if I don't cave in to my panic and buy Warhammer Fantasy chars (in the fear GW will phase them out).
>>
>>43982456
Please do, I'm pretty curious.
>>
>>43982429

Yeah I was hoping to run a Dreadknight or two because it is my favorite model in the army but there is just no room...

I could drop the Librarian to ML2 and take another Librarian with no wargear and be right to 985.
>>
>>43982456
Can't you post the new formations for CW:Eldar from the updated Mymeara book?

Pretty please with sugar on top!?
>>
>>43982443
Actually 6+ makes perfect sense if you look at the rules in the BRB, it says you can get over 6 due to modifiers.

And you've clearly never played with my gaming group, as much as I love them this is the kind of shit that lasts weeks. I was hoping to find some sort of evident proof of RAI however it doesn't seem to be the case and i'll have to live with having to roll specifically 6 for STI in the future.
>>
>>43982481
Don't have it yet. Will when I do.
>>
>>43982502
>evident proof of RAI
Maybe if they stopped beating their skulls with hammers and read the clear intention of modifiers to STI, they'd find it?
>>
>>43982502
i pity you for having to endure that over a rule that most gloss over
>>
Need a rules clarification.

Playing farsight enclaves with an Rvarna.

Everything goes into deep strike except Rvarna because it can't.

Opponent has first turn.

Kills Rvarna in first turn.

Says he automatically wins by tabling me on first turn.

I thought that first turn tabling isn't allowed under riles but can't find it in the small 7th ed handbook.

Can anyone clarify?
>>
>>43982502
>I'll have to live with having to roll specifically 6 for STI
I am baffled and frightened by your group. How does this argument last weeks? How does it get started in the first place? Did someone seriously get the Initiative stolen on a 6 by a Strategic Genius and go "Nuh uh, you just rolled a 7 so you fail the roll?"
>>
>>43982562
Technically, it's true. If he wipes all your models off the board, even T1, he automatically wins. It's why all-deepstrike armies are not viable at the moment.

That said, you should still punch him right in the face for being such a WAAC faggot.
>>
>>43982469

For 1000p it's entirely possible to get 2 Dreadknights if you're willing to go with just one terminator squad. You can also fit 2 librarians to go with termies to augment their abilities.

Here's something I thought a while ago:

Libby, ML3, Domina Liber Daemonica
Libby, ML3

Terminator squad, 1 hammer, 1 psycannon, Halberd on Justicar

NDK, personal teleporter, sword, h. incinerator, h. psycannon

NDK, personal teleporter, sword, h. incinerator, h. psycannon

That's 942 points which means you can get extra terminator or give them some wargear. Hammer for another Librarian wouldn't be bad choice either. Or just drop another Libby and get a small Interceptor squad.

some people will hate you for bringing 2 NDK, especially on this board
>>
>>43982585
>WAAC

That not WAAC. That's the risk of putting everything into deepstrike.
>>
File: adorable rat.jpg (111 KB, 552x449) Image search: [Google]
adorable rat.jpg
111 KB, 552x449
>>43982513
>>
>>43982211
Is it still ok to use the old biker and trukk models?
>>
>>43982585
>you should still punch him right in the face for being such a WAAC faggot
Hold up, killing an enemy unit qualifies as WAAC now?
>>
Are dakkajets still shit? Should I just get a bunch of deffkopta?
>>
>>43982599
>Some people will hate you for 2 DK at 1K
The other day, I overheard some players at my LGS saying that they were going to bring one of those three-Riptide formations at 1K. Two Dreadknights is a decent army, not bullshit.

>>43982603
>>43982614

>friendly game
>he pulls that shit

I would have had no problem if this were, say, an ITC game. It's the way rules like that work, and it's the RAI and RAW interpretation.

That doesn't mean it's a cool thing to do.
>>
>>43982562
yeah, no models on the table means you've been tabled. page 133 in the mini. honestly full on reserve armies are annoying
>>
>>43982613
Yep. Not that I think you will but don't get smarmy about abusing the old trukks size to your advantage and there won't be an issue.
>>
>>43982647
Anon, if you put all your units but one in deepstrike, and your opponent kills the one model on the board, that's your fault, not his.
>>
>>43982599
But I need two troop choices for this CAD don't I?
>>
>>43982647
God damn, don't put a single thing on the table then complain when it gets shot. It's far more WAAC tier to stick nearly everything in reserve than it is to shoot the only available target.
>>
>>43982569
No, it kind of starts with anyone in the group finding some really cool worthless army composition and try to make it work, miss a rule. Everyone else finds their favorite forum to make sure this cool thing never happens again. This in follow just makes the rest of the people find their own set of "rules we've yet to realize exist" to make sure everyone stays on roughly the same amount of suffering.

It's really just one thing leads to another and then we can't STI on anything other than 6.

But at least my group straight out refuses to play tournament level shit and loves their fluff armies or just playing whatever they put their heart into painting. Also while actually playing everyone is completely accepting of missing things and try to make sure both have a good experience.

It's the pre and aftermath that tends to be messy.
>>
>>43982647

Really, 3 riptides in 1000 points sounds like something my meta would do for lulz.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43980786
Ok these will probably come out sideways so you will have to rotate them yourself. Sorry folks.

Rather than take a picture of the entire two pages at once I will be taking multiple small pictures so the writing is legible and there is as little glare as possible.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43982770
Also Internet is shitty so please be patient.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43982797
Yes I bite my nails. Soz.
>>
>>43982839
Jesus, man.
>>
File: 1447031089058.gif (549 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1447031089058.gif
549 KB, 360x359
>>43982797
>>43982770
this is what meks, dark adepts and everyone else furiously masturbate to. another step closer to absolute dakka
>>
What other Tau robot suits are Riptide sized? I am the guy who said a few dats ago that I wanna run a Gundam style army, and I want it so each guy has his own 'mobile suit' so I wanna use only one of each. Works with the Gundam narrative I wanna run. Not cheesy cuz only one person will have a Riptide.
>>
File: cfw.gif (119 KB, 611x545) Image search: [Google]
cfw.gif
119 KB, 611x545
>>43982869
They're not the only ones.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43982839
Second last pic. I pity the fucker who goes up against the Admech dubstep gun.

>>43982866
Yeah I know.
>>
File: ihavecometostealyourshit.jpg (171 KB, 1460x882) Image search: [Google]
ihavecometostealyourshit.jpg
171 KB, 1460x882
Space marine captain-140
Power sword, power axe, artificer armor
Techmarine-90
servo harness

Venerable dreadnought-140
plasma cannon, heavy flamer
Dreadnought-100
Dreadnought-120
Assault cannon, heavy flamer
Dreadnought-110
Missile launcher
Dreadnought-120
Two TL autocannons
Ironclad dreadnought-145
heavy flamer

Sternguard squad-135
Plasma gun, heavy bolter

Scout squad-60
sniper rifles

3 armor sentinels-150
plasma cannons

Knight Acheron-415

Eversor assassin-135
Culexus assassin-140

I see you have a lot of anti-tank weapons.
But do you have Enough?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43983037
Christ this is painful. Fuck off Captcha. Stop having a time limit.

That's it by the way. Enjoy.
>>
>>43982432
They deep strike turn one, they'll be fine. Use the special GK detachment that lets you do so.

>>43982599
One dread per 1k points works well. Also don't give them psycannons and make sure your terminators have 2-3 hammers per 5-10 guys

>>43982683
The GK detachment thing only requires one troop, but it restricts your other slots somewhat.
>>
>>43983066
Thanks, brotha.
>>
>>43983065
Where does the captain go?
>>
>>43983116
forward
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 720x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 720x509
>>43982770
>>43982797
>>43982839
>>43983037
>>43983066
Does anybody want me to retake anything?
>>
>>43983126
On his own?
>>
>>43983195
Behind the dreads
>>
>>43983212
I dread to think how often he must take a lascannon to the face and die.
>>
>>43983129
Here's the pics upright

http://imgur.com/a/e1s5J
>>
>>43982006
>No income
>Refrained from going out and doing a lot of things to save up every cent
>Maybe can treat myself for christmas..
>Misplace ID card, need to pay for another, hefty due to biometrics
>Job working with russians won't pay me because fucking mafia/nepotism
Maybe next year.
>>
>>43980786
anyone have the new path to glory ebooks?
>>
>>43983223
This is a list I am going to play, I just need some of the models and time to play and a table to play on without interruption but I would imagine the opponent is going to be shooting the lascannons at the dreadnoughts or the eversor or the culexus or the big ass knight that's walking right up to them
>>
>>43983238
Brilliant thanks.
>>
>>43983037
>I pity the fucker who goes up against the Admech dubstep gun.
Isn't there a bigger version of this that drops the Omnissiah's sick beats too?
>>
So, I'm getting £150-200 worth of GW vouchers for Christmas and I need advice /tg/, what's worth buying?

For context, own a 2000 Point BA army and am looking at a speshul snowflake LSM chapter for a more competitive edge but I'm open to ideas.
>>
File: WI9moaH.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
WI9moaH.gif
299 KB, 448x256
How do I beat Tau with Space Wolves?

I'm running the Wolfstar but there are so many things on the board that are a target i struggle to win!
>>
>>43983407
Assault them and don't die
Try psykers
>>
>>43983407
Take care of the battlesuits first. No Riptides no problems. Or >>43983427
>>
Do any DE players here have a problem with transporting their models? They look like they have so many delicate parts I would imagine they snap in transit all the time.
>>
>>43983427

Tried Pyskers with telepathy. The wolfstar lasts to the end of the game but the rest of the army gettings crumbled away.

>>43983435
Suits usually start in reserve, so they usually come down and pop whatever they want before I can retaliate
>>
>>43983407
Isn't jaws of the world wolf a good ability against Tau or something?
>>
>>43983502
I think it's test or die, not sure what else I remember.
>>
>>43983396
Fellblade. Centurions and drop pods is the sensible answer but that's fucking boring (and netlist-y) so splash out on forgeworld. Or wait for them to do Sanguinius. Although you may be waiting a while...
>>
>>43983380
Jesus god I hope not. The Ulator deletes armies at a time.
>>
>>43983475
More psykers

Deathstars against Tau is a bad idea in general in my opinion, even more so with the new contingent rules.
>>
>>43983407
I run a psyker heavy Eldar army (yeah I know but bear with me) and I found out that Tau basically bend over and take it up the ass against psykers.

Psykers are your answer friendo. Ally in a librarius conclave if you need help. Telepathy fucks them hard, but you probably already know this.
>>
>>43983526
Do vouchers work in the FW store? If so I'll probably splash out a bit but I don't really wanna go all in on BA's at this stage considering how they perform. I still love them but if there was ever a time to work a secondary army, this is it.
>>
>>43983238
Thought I'd be the first to do something with it, dammit.

Here's them all stitched together in a fucking 36 MB image:
https://dyp.im/ZM3LX6Lgn1

>>43983380
>>43983530
Yeah, these are the Minorii. The full-scale shit, like the Ordinatus Mars, once dubstepped a hive-sized fortress to death during the Heresy. It's bigger than multiple Imperator Titans.

It got looted by Orks.
>>
My friend has me looking at Daemons as my first army. I know it isn't great for learning but I don't care because they seem so cool!

Having browsed the Codex I think I want to go with Tzeench but Nurgle is cool too...

What are your thoughts on Daemons? What is the best way to drop ~$200 on them to start.
>>
>>43983475
Take two wolfstars.
>>
>>43983589
Fucking Kek.

>>43983597
Fucking metal as fucking fuck. I love daemons.

They play so unlike anything else in the game.

Personally I bought a daemon prince and a Battleforce and started from there, but you should generally get a squad of pink horrors as they rock.

Just so you know you don't have to play monogod. The codex supports the use of all four, despite what you might think.
>>
File: 1449249621540.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2420) Image search: [Google]
1449249621540.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2420
>>43983407
Your running a deathstar vs an army that excells at killing deathstars, what do you expect?

You need to make use of multi-charging, lone wolves and some fire support. Oddly long fang with missile launchers, in a bunker would do well if your opponent has battlesuits.

>>43983238
And here's pict with no thumb
>>
>>43983597
>What is the best way to drop ~$200 on them to start.
Buy one greater deamon.
>>
>>43983597
HQ and two Troops

Pink or Blue Horrors are both good Troops, but Nurglings camp objectives like nothing else. Flamers are killy. Greater Daemons of Nurgle can't die.
They're fun, no matter how you build them.
>>
>>43983597
>What is the best way to drop ~$200 on them to start

Make sure you get 20% off anything you order from GW. I know of one place that frequently/always offers 25% off on certain kits.

But 3-4 boxes of troops, an HQ, and something else.
>>
>>43983641
Thanks. Not proud of muh chubbeh thumb.
>>
Newbie question: If you take a LR as a dedicated transport for Terminators does it still eat up a HS slot?
>>
>>43983742
no
>>
>>43983584
They should. You can run the Fellblade with any SM army, though.

If dropping that much dosh on a single tank does not seem like a good idea to you, Sicarans are always useful. Or get a Knight.

>>43983742
Anything taken as a DT uses no slot.
>>
>>43983742
The whole point of a dedicated transport is that it doesn't take up a slot.
>>
>>43983746
>>43983754
>>43983755

Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>43983754
I don't mind the idea of that much on one tank, I'm just not too cozy with FW if ya feel me. As for the knight, me and a friend have one between us, I run SM and he runs IG so it seemed like a sound investment for us both.

How powerful is the Fellblade? Cheesy? Not good but fun? Melter of armies?
>>
>>43983941
It's a better Baneblade. Everything BS4, superheavy and AV14, that shit. It does exactly what you would expect a tank that large to do: end squads with the main gun.
>>
>>43983991
Ohhh that does sound nice. I'll scope the price out a bit and weigh it up. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>43983941
To be honest I mainly suggested the fellblade because it's big and flashy, I've no idea how good/OP/shit it is.

But, if you're asking questions about whether it's worth getting, you shouldn't buy one. A big, megaexpensive model like that has to make you think "YES! I need this in my life!" as soon as it's suggested otherwise it's really not worth splashing out all that money on. (I stand by the bit about not just making a boring centurion-droppod secondary army though, treat yourself a bit and do something different.)
>>
>>43983991
Does it have armoured ceramite?
>>
>>43984031
It's mainly because BA is my super flashy stylish army, ya know? Never really had a want for more. I'm trying to avoid the standard grav and shit lists because I'm fluffing my chapter as psykers who use their powers to pull of improbable bullshit with their shots and enhanced their gun-play. No idea how I'm gonna build them but I'm into the idea.
>>
Stupid rules questions: after a normal troops, armed with bolter or lasguns, have made their move, are they still shooting at full BS? I'm confused because the newest Guard formations from Mont'ka have entry about marching and then shooting normally.
Second thing: can Trygon be ran off the table? Are monstrous creatures prone to breaking?
Last thing: how does scatter work, when I put a pie plate over a unit, which I don't see? 3D6 or just not substracting BS from the scatter roll, if I miss?
>>
>>43984089
Put all your mastery into divination and make shots ignore cover, twin linked, etc.
>>
Just got back into Warhammer 40k recently. Currently building Khorne Daemonkin. I don't quite understand how the codex is wanting me to put together the slaughter cult. I know I need a couple troops (CSM, KB, BLs), Possessed, etc. but after that base I really want a Chaos Land Raider for the possessed to ride in but it doesn't list the land raider anywhere. Can I still take it? The possessed suck but I want to stick them in a CLR with the termie lord for coolness and delivery.
>>
>>43984039
A Fellblade can take armored ceramite for 25 points.
>>
>>43984110
Yes. Haven't seen the guard formations, are you sure they're not referring to running and then shooting? That's another movement you can do in the shooting phase.

Yep, they don't automatically have Fearless.

A barrage weapon indirectly firing, do you mean? (Otherwise you can't fire at something you can't see with the unit, unless there's a unit-specific special rule.) Template scatters 2D6 without subtracting BS, unless you roll a Hit on the scatter die obviously.
>>
>>43984126
Oh, cool. Thanks for that little tidbit.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 600x620
>>43980786
Hey folks when I put my wave serpent on the stand provided it slumps all over the place and doesn't sit up straight.

Any tips on how to rectify this? Short of gluing the stand to the model.
>>
>>43984211
Use some green stuff in the socket the stand goes in. Put the stand in to mold the hole for a good fit, remove and let dry.
>>
>>43983597
Well, pick the HQ and two troops.

I'd go with Daemon Prince or a Herald of your choice, than whatever troops appeal to you most. Pink Horrors are fantastic, but so are Plague Bearers and Daemonettes. With that, you should have plenty of money left over to buy whatever you think is coolest.

So, if I was you, I'd get
>Daemon Prince
>2x Pink Horrors
>1x Plague Bearers
>2x Screamers
>1x Herald of Tzeentch on Disk

If you are feeling Nurgle more, drop the screamers and replace with Plague Drones, the Herald with a Nurgle Herald, and switch the numbers out on the Horrors/Plague Bearers.

I hope you have fun bro! Daemons is a blast, always.
>>
>>43984211
Get some acrylic rods
>>
>>43984144
Unfortunately, no. With formations, you can only take the stuff they list. Unless Posessed can take one as a Dedicated Transport, which IIRC they can't.
>>
>>43984281
>>43984288
Cheers guys.
>>
>>43984282

Literally flipped a coin since I think both are so cool and got Nurgle.

So a Dameon Prince of Nurgle, Herald of Nurgle, 10 Pink Horrors, 20 Blague Bearers and 2 Plague Drones brings me to 727 points. How should I kit them out wargear wise?

I guess I will aim for 1000 points to start.
>>
>>43984310
Depressing. Maybe the CLR is in some other formation I can add and I'm just missing it somehow. Thanks though!
>>
>>43984453
Yeah, no problem. Sorry, though.
>>
>>43984417
Kit out the prince with at least 2 psyker levels and wings, give the drones icons and give the herald and plague bearer champion greater ether blades and deep strike them accurately using the plague drones.

Don't forget the herald for the horror squad, make him psyker level 3 and roll on daemonology for summoning and the horrors roll on lore of tzeentch for anti-tank shots. I also like to give the herald 1 power on divination and 2 on daemonology for prescience/precognition to boost himself and his allies.
>>
>>43982896
Y'vahra and R'varna, both from Forge World
>>
Okay so now that Cyclic Ion Blasters and Airbursting Frag Projectors are regular weapons instead of 1 per army,

How do I convert some up?

They're still only sold in the Commander box, and even then one per box, preventing dual wielding.
>>
>>43984206

Thank you kinds sir. That's exactly what I meant. Also how does charging multiple units into the same unit/enemy works? Can the charged unit retaliate against both units or only one?

Finally last question: which weapons can overwatch? Obviously Lasguns and Bolters, but what about HBolters, Lasguns, Sniper Rifles and Grenade Launchers with krak munitions? Can flamers and heavy stubbers/heavy bolters overwatch on vehicles? I know that it's impossible for blast weapons to do that. Can charged flyers overwatch against flyers that are assaulting them? for example the Avenger Strike Fighter with its stubber?
>>
>>43984417
While tough, Nurgle is very slow. Keep that in mind. I find it helps not to rely too much on one God.
>>
File: 1405297508936.png (310 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1405297508936.png
310 KB, 600x700
>>43980899
I hope there will be some way to add FW units to GW formations, and even new units and formations
>>
>>43984616

Ghostkeel isn't far off, and is capable of filling a role.

Stormsurge is unfluffy, half broken half fragile garbage. But it's also a big walker, so.

T'aunar is way bigger. It's scout Titan size.
>>
>>43983461
I wrap my stuff in paper towels and have them closely put together so they won't get torn apart.
>>
>>43984616
>>43984664
Sweet! So with Riptide, Y'vahra, R'varna, Ghostkeel, and Stormsurge that's five Gundams! Maybe a T'aunar added as like a Super Robot along with the other Real Robots! Thanks guys!
>>
>>43984639

When would you look to add a second support god?

Maybe a core nurgle 750-1000 list and 500-850 Tzeench to add?
>>
>>43984698
Bring Wraithlords, Wraithknigts, Revenant/Phantom Titans as friends
>>
>>43984708
Tzeentch is always good. Slaanesh is very fast and seekers are one of the best units in the codex and daemonettes Rock.

While a lot of people here don't really regard them, I find bloodletters can be very useful if I want easy brutal melee, though I tend to summon them instead of pay for them.

If an opponents expensive elite unit is coming at you, you can chuck them at the squad and they will mail it badly.

Keeper is secrets is a great, cheap, powerful greater daemon that while not as tough as some of the other Greater daemons is really fast and can specialise in telepathy.
>>
>>43984619
There's actual parts for them, as far as I know. One of them looks like a three-sided weapon and another has 4 big barrels like a burst cannon on roids.

For me, I'm going to make the Airbursting Frag Projector like a big grenade launcher (possibly shoulder fired as a reference to Armoured Core) and the CIB as either a miniature Ghostkeel gun or a three-barrel rotary gun.
>>
>>43984642

I wish the half of your force or less restriction on FW Knights would be lifted if you're only bringing 1.

I really want a Lancer but bringing multiple knights is 2faggy4me.
>>
>>43984807

Well yeah, the Commander box comes with one of each.

But I ain't buying six commanders just to make two sets of three dual weilding crisis dudes.
>>
>>43984625

non-walker vehicles cannot overwatch.
>>
>>43984829

You can take one forge world knight, recheck the wording.
>>
>>43984780

Didn't pay much attention to Slaanesh, will have a look thank.
>>
>>43982456
I don't know what it is but something is really lackluster about this sculpt.
>>
>>43984829

Lancer is shit at anything but superheavy hunting. If you want a FW one take an Acheron (AP3 Hellstorm, fuck yeah) or an Atrapos (Fuckin' black hole gun. I want one with a tattered cape.)
>>
>>43984923
I think I know what you are referencing but I am not sure.
>>
>>43984852
Hm, well you can try to cast them if you have one. That and honestly most people I've met barely even KNOW about the fucking guns having an official bit so safe to say you can slap whatever together.

What do YOU imagine when you hear "Airbursting Fragmentation Projector" that shoots a big fucking blast that ignores cover but doesn't have much AP? I think "big grenade explosion. Lots of bang, not much high damage. A morale weapon if anything".

It's a good opportunity to let your mind run wild and slap something nice you can replicate. Channel your inner Earth Caste, Gue'la.
>>
>>43984891

The front set of treads looks kinda pointless.
>>
>>43984730
Those are for the inevitable Evangelion crossover.
>>
>>43984417
Sounds good dude, Nurgle is solid for sure. For a beginning list that is decent. We don't actually 'kit' our units much, besides gifts.

>>43984548
this fellow has a good idea. Generally Daemon Princes are like heavy casters, with armor, wings and psyker level 2+. Your Herald, if he is chilling with the your Plague Bearers, would really benefit from being on a Palaquin with psyker master levels too, plus a Locus of your choice (FNP is the best one).

As the other fellow said, the Herald of Tzeentch is a fantastic choice for summoning. He can also add +1 Str for your Pink Horror's shooting attacks,

I'd recommend, if you want to go Nurgle, a Blight Drone from Forgeworld. Those things are fucking nasty, and incredibly fast. I only have one but its proven to be horrifyingly effective choice against anything MEQ or less.
>>
>>43984939
I have no clue what he's referencing, but it sounds awesome.

>>43984948
Anon in another thread had a great idea: >>43984835
>>
>>43984870

>You may not have more [knight pattern]s in your army than knights of other kinds.

seems pretty clear. 1 is more than 0.
>>
>>43984730
>>43984957
Damn though, you guys are making me change this from just Gundams to straight up SRW shit...I like this idea actually. In fact, do factions other than Tau and Eldar run any particular giant robot suits? Not Dreadknight bullshit but like real robot suits that I can't remember at the moment. Big massive SRW style crossover!
>>
>>43984969
What upgrades do you take on them? Ive toyed with some but while they were dead 'ard like usual nurgle units once they actually got to combat i was unimpressed
>>
>>43984987
The Imperium has Knights and contemptor dreadnoughts.
>>
>>43984985

Yes now,

Read the next paragraph.

Dumbass.
>>
>>43985005
Can Knights be run with a detachment of Tau/Eldar though?
>>
>>43985030
Just bring a detachment of Knights.

It's 7ed. Anything can be run with anything.
>>
CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD, YE NOT GUILTY
>>
>>43984985
>The Knight XXX may be taken as a Lord of War choice for Armies of the Imperium

Hurka durka.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443908039832.jpg (85 KB, 608x1504) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443908039832.jpg
85 KB, 608x1504
>>43981102
>comparing tau with necrons
>implying that the tau are even near to be a treat like the necrons
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about
>>
Can someone explain how barrage works please? I'm confused. Blast means everything under the marker is hit, so what's the difference with Barrage?
>>
>>43985024
>>43985093

not relevant.
>>
>>43985100
Necrons are C'tan Star God tier.

>>43985113
So it's multiple blasts, right? You do the same shit you normally would for a Blast (scatter etc.) Then you position another blast template against the first one in the direction of your scatter, or wherever you want if it was a direct hit.

Continue for however many times the gun shot.
>>
>>43985113

Closest to hole is hit first.

Also if it's multi shot, some weird gimmick I've never had to learn because I play tau/Crons/daemons/Daemon Engine Spam CSM not guard.

Flippy scatter templates or some shit.
>>
>>43985141

You already said you ain't bringing multiple Knights.

Just take it as your LoW slot duder.
>>
>>43985141
Yes, it fucking is, because if you followed the reply chain instead of shitposting, you would see that it was about allied Knights and not Knight armies.
>>
>>43985162
>>43985153
So the AirFrag projector is barrage for... no reason? It's single-shot.
>>
>>43985113

barrage weapons don't need line of sight to fire, have a special system to resolve multiple shots that are part of the same attack, and the hits are treated as coming from the center of the blast marker rather than from the firing model for the purposes of wound allocation and cover.
>>
>>43985190

Sniping.

Put the hole over the special weapons dude so he dies first.
>>
>>43985190
It ignores cover better, basically. You can shoot it over shit, and cover's resolved from the center of the template.
>>
>>43985184
If I had one I would, but alas.>>43985187
>>
>>43985206
>>43985193
Ho snap, that's pretty handy yeah. Doesn't work against characters due to Look Out, Sir! but good to keep in mind.
>>
>>43985100

That pic made me kek. Mind if I save it?
>>
>>43985225
OPh yes and if you attack out of LoS, do you not subtract your BS from the scatter? It's a full 2d6?
>>
File: 1445546043856.jpg (145 KB, 1080x1250) Image search: [Google]
1445546043856.jpg
145 KB, 1080x1250
Does WH40K universe deal with time debt at all? Those gigantic distances would mean that tons of characters have to live in completely different eras.

http://hyperioncantos.wikia.com/wiki/Time_debt
>>
>>43985285
Time does not exist in the warp, which is why some ships can emerge decades or centuries or millennium before/after they depart
>>
>>43985190
You know you can have 2 of it on a Crisis, which can be taken in units of 9 + how many dual-AFP commanders you can slap in them?
>>
>>43985285
Not unless they get lost in the warp and vomited out somewhere else in time, as far as I know.
>>
>>43985324
Yeah but they don't resolve as a two-shot Airfrag, just 2 different weapons. Honestly while it's a sexy weapon, it's only good against hordes. Against anything with an MEQ armour save it's not very good.

I'd love to see a game where a 9+commander suit squad all 2 AirFrag launchers and a Target Lock and the Commander has an additional Airfrag (for 3 on him). A stealthsuit squad with a homing beacon deepstrikes them behind enemy lines, the army paints up a bunch of targets and a whole regiment on IG gets wiped off the face of existence.
>>
>>43985285
Well that's going in the wank bank...
>>
>>43985391
It's the same weapon, meaning the ENTIRE UNIT will fire based on the first barrage shot, unless you target lock.
So you can hit the same unit 18 times, having twin-link from a CCN commander and Shred from a Dawn Blade detachment, and all of them will deviate from the first one. It's the Tau way to Wyvern.

And yep, only vs hordes. I rather CIBs
>>
>>43982562
The "turn" is concluded after both players have their turn. So if he goes first, kills your models, you have a chance to respond. If, at the end of your first turn movement phase, you have no models going into the start of turn 2.... THEN you lose.
>>
>>43985391

Commander can still only shoot two weapons.

Anyhow if you want large blast spam, just take Hazard suits. They get S5 ones.
>>
>>43985285

I think the only ones that will experience it are the Tau and Necrons for being less reliant on the Warp. But in reality, there's another time effect that virtually all scifi desperately avoids or most scifi writters don't know. FTL = Time Travel. Going FTL means travelling backwards in time with all the time paradoxes and causality violations. You have an high likehood of reaching your destination BEFORE you begin your voyage. This also works for FTL communications.
>>
>>43985477
You would like forever war.
>>
>>43985439
Really? That's amusing. You're turning the guy's table egde into the dark side of the moon. That's a nice name for the tactic too, now that I think about it..

Target Lock would allow you to carpetbomb up to 10 different units too.
>>
>In life, in the stinking flesh, the orks were colossal. Every single one of them was as big as a Space Marine. They simply radiated weight and power, from the huge knotted masses of their shoulders to their treelike forearms and wrecking-ball fists. Laurentis had never seen creatures express such manifest strength and density by simply existing. They were muscle and power, they were fury and rage, they were raw noise and brute strength. They were truly monsters.

>They were armoured in metals and hides, but the armour was nothing like as crude as he had imagined it would be. Hauberks and shoulder guards were expertly woven from steel wire and reinforced animal skin or synthetic fibre fabrics. Seams were precise. The level of ornamentation was marvellous. Shields were studded and curved for impact resilience, and some of them smoked with heat and ozone, revealing they were self-powered with built-in kinetic fields. The weapons, clamped in prodigious fists, were the immense, burnished cleavers and swords of frost giants, not the crude blades of ogres. The huge-calibre firearms were of eccentric design yet superb craftsmanship.

>The orks had dyed and painted their green flesh with powders and inks, making intricate tribal designs and motifs. Laurentis wished he could understand what each of the marks and stripes and hand-prints signified. There was something primevally shocking about an ork head dusted in white or pale blue powder, its eyes glistening, its mouth splitting open to expose splintered yellow tusks and rotting molars, its maw shocking pink and covered in spittle. It was an atavistic thing. The ork was the primordial predator that man had fled from when he had lived in caves. It was the beast, the uber-myth behind all other monsters. It was the murderous face of man’s oldest, purest terror.

75% through the novel and the Orks finally show up. Good entrance though.
>>
>>43985477
>Necrons for being less reliant on the Warp

Necrons rely on the Webway which is the best method of space travel in the 40K universe.
>>
>>43985477
>FTL=Time Travel
But is that actually true or is it just our perception of vast distance being time delayed because of the speed of light?
>>
>>43985537
Why do people keep saying this?

Dude the inertialess drive is back.
>>
IA14 prediction: The Tau Ethereals are going to end up using their pheremone trick to take over the Tyranid hive mind, resulting in the release of the only force that can stop them: Plastic Sisters.
>>
>>43985522
What novel would this be?
>>
>>43985564
>Dude the inertialess drive is back.

And they are near-light, not FTL.

>>43985570
"I am Slaughter" by Dan Abnett.
>>
>>43980958
The entire premise of the setting is that the Imperium doesn't get clean wins.
>>
>>43985603
Well inertialess would mean they could accelerate infinitely.
>>
>Dazed, Laurentis stepped backwards. He trembled. He knew there had been long ages in Imperial history when the greenskin tribes had posed the greatest of all threats to the security, the continued existence, of the Imperium of Mankind. He’d always presumed this was simply a result of their sheer numbers, their ubiquity. He’d never considered the orks to have any potency as a species. They were little more than animals, mindless and unskilled, mobbing in the fringes of the stars, an endless supply of cannon-fodder for Imperial guns in the frontier wars. They were not a genuine threat, not like the malevolent forces of the Archenemy, or the threat of heretical civil war, or even the genius machinations of the eldar. Those were dangers to be taken seriously. The orks were a joke, an annoyance, a bothersome chore. They were an infestation that had to be managed, cut back, and kept down. They were not a critical hazard. They were not… They were not…

>They were not this.

>He understood now. Laurentis understood. He understood why past eras of mankind had lived in fear of the greenskins for centuries, why the frontier wars had raged forever, why the periodic Waaagh!s had been threats that had caused the entire populations of colonised systems to evacuate and flee, why the prospect of a credible warboss and his horde was something that could make a sector governor or a warmaster quake. He understood why, more than any other accomplishment of the Great Crusade, the God-Emperor had been so determined to stop the greenskin threat dead at Ullanor.

>He understood why the orks were an eternal menace that could never be ignored.

ORKS ORKS ORKS. ERE WE GO ERE WE GO~
>>
>>43985285
About everybody uses a form of warp travel, which doesn't rely on real world physics, so doesn't matter in that way.

Of course warp travel has its own problems in that time doesn't always follow causality and trips can take from days to years relative time. But it's still better than the alternative and mostly a problem at long distances, which is many don't have to deal with. Most ships fly within very short distances galaxywise. Military vessels are more likely to fly across segmentums.

As for keeping records, the Imperial dating system has a designation on the reliability of the source and possible variation in the accuracy of it. That is, we all know that M41 refers to the 41st millennium and 123.M41 is the year 123 of the 41st millennium. There's 4 more numbers that go before these. So the number 8239281.M40 is the year 281 in the 40th millennium, 239 is the fraction of the year (each year is divided into 1000 segments) and 8 is a check number that's applied to a record indicating its accuracy. 8 in this case means the event occurred within 20 years of the recorded date. If the number is 0, it means it happened on Terra (so quite reliable info), 5 means the event was in contact with at least 4 other sources that can confirm the date of the event.
>>
The Necrons can, and always have been able to cross the Galaxy in minutes, no warp required.
>>
>>43985100
dude LOL nice facebook meme whre'd you get it
>>
>>43985603
>>43985645

I always love how he represents anything S4.
Especially that Emperor's Child in Pariah. Dude was a fucking Pillar Man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.