[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora: the Tipping thread (PLAYER'S GUIDE/EXPANSION RELEASE)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Fedora the Tipping.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fedora the Tipping.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Previous thread: >>43965223
I've noticed that while there seem to be people who're interested in the game, there aren't that many, and the thread occasionally slips off the bottom of the board while there's still some interest. I'll stop reposting it when there's none.
As always, feedback is more than welcome. Thanks to the anon in the previous thread who said he'd playtest it, and also thanks to everyone who likes the system or even just enjoyed reading it.
>>
File: Chuunibyou.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Chuunibyou.pdf
1 B, 486x500
And here's the expansion-cum-player's guide.
It's fully written, but there might very well still be some balance issues and weird inconsistencies.
>>
It's a fun read, though I notice that it shares this and one other trait with Nobilis - after reading it, I'm not quite sure what to do with it.
>>
>>43980725
It's actually playable - I've done it with my own group twice. The soak mechanic might need a bit of tweaking, but otherwise I haven't run into any problems. It runs pretty smoothly, and the Edge mechanic works a lot better in practice than I thought it would.
>>
I started reading this and got through the channels section before I noticed it's 78 pages. Jesus Christ, you may have put a bit too much work into this.
>>
Let's just bump this thread up. .Original content deserves more attention than the "I'm angry at black people in star wars" thread.
>>
i am going to try this
>>
>>43983969
You are a braver man than I
>>
This game reminds me of Unknown Armies, except spergier. A++
>>
I remember reading my way through this. Not the expansion, but the vanilla. It was linked to some thread or another, I forget which one.

I'm still depressed about it. I mean, there are a lot of examples that are far worse than I could ever be (I hope) but there are still a lot of things here that just... hurt. And they should hurt, but I also want that hurt to stop.

Look, I know that in-game, the way to become normal is to fail your spaghetti quest. And I know that the author has stated that he himself is a fedora. Fedoras are another fedora's worst enemy, and a good deal of them are self aware--they have to be, or else this satire wouldn't even exist.

How do you stop for real? How do you avoid the cringe? Spaghetti quests don't happen IRL. Or no, wait, they do, but they don't stop even if you fail them, right? The base urges never go away and the emotions don't stop being there.
>>
>>43985696
The hurt doesn't end until you face the fear. Only then can you look back and laugh without sadness.
>>
So what was it in the last thread about Evil Eye schoolgirls putting curses on their classmates they read on a magazine and cardboard box gundams firing missiles?
>>
>>43985696
Take comfort in the fact that it hurts. If you were really the type of person who would've become a Fedora, you'd have sneered at any attempt to show you exactly those things and justified it all, resolving that the PDF (or, more likely, the writer) is stupid and that the people appreciating it aren't worth your time. The key defining feature of a Fedora, more so than nearly anything else, is a lack of self-awareness. Once you've acknowledged the fact that you have a problem, you can only do bad by ignoring it.
>>
>>43986971
First one's probably a high Edge Channel, second one's probably a Japanese Crusty One's special shtick.
>>
>>43986573
That makes sense.

>>43987001
So what you're saying is that they're going "You're not me!" to their shadows, and I've already said "You are me." to mine. That also makes sense.

But I'm not so sure it's really over. Like, there was a time when I used to be like that. When I thought I didn't need to know how to interact socially, and thought I'd never understand, and was totally salty because of it. I thought I could be a lone wolf for all my life, and I didn't see anything wrong with that. Part of me still doesn't even though I'm happier having friends. Like "You *could* live happily without friends if you *wanted* to. The only thing that's changed is that I don't particularly want to.

I know neither side of the Feminism/MRA battle is free of fedoras, but while I don't subscribe to the beliefs of the more zealous members, I feel like the MRAs kind of have a point.

A-and I still think Trenchcoats and Katanas are cool, even if I've never bought either of them. It's not denial that's my problem. It's resistance. I'm afraid I'm gonna go "Yeah, I know I can't rock a trenchcoat, but I wanna buy one anyway. Yeah, I know I'll never actually use a katana in my life ever, and actually owning one will make me weeb as fuck, but I still want one."

Those are just examples. I feel more, and the emotions listed in the pdf are scarily accurate. I mean, the author is self-aware and outright admits to being a fedora, but his self-awareness doesn't fix it.

I try my best to not act on these. But I'm just scared I'll do something really cringy, so I can't stop holding myself back for anything. So I hold myself back because in the back of my mind I'm scared anything I say could be cringy.

I mean, hell, even this post. Actually, especially this post. It might be self aware, but that doesn't make it... I mean, look at me. I'm seeking validation for myself, or something like that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.