[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it reasonable to say that the higher level an adventurer is,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18
File: Seoni.jpg (82 KB, 736x1065) Image search: [Google]
Seoni.jpg
82 KB, 736x1065
Is it reasonable to say that the higher level an adventurer is, the more like it is that their gear and outfit will be extravagant, exotic and personalized? As in, when you're a scrub just starting out you're probably relying on off-the-rack stuff a lot and have to use cheap weapons and armor, but the more experience and gold you amass the better and fancier stuff you can afford?

I feel this would probably also explain why characters in D&D and Pathfinder art have "sexy" armor, they spent a ton of money on having that designed for them.

Plus possibly a bit on nipping and tucking to make their bodies better.

I guess what I'm saying is, is it reasonable to say that adventurers are the celebrities of D&D?
>>
>>43980144
Depends_on_the_setting.png
>>
>>43980144
That picture is strange. In pretty much all other art, Seoni has far bigger tits than that. Like, a couple of cup sizes' worth.
>>
>>43980213

I think it's a "more realistic" interpretation, because clearly curves are unrealistic.
>>
>>43980144

Well, yeah. Adventurers are basically gangster rock stars. If they don't end up like 2pac, they end up with mo' moneys than 50cent.
>>
>>43980213

This is pre-op Seoni.
>>
>>43980213
You would be surprised how much smaller boobs actually look without a bra, anon.
>>
>>43980144

I'd imagine your typical adventurer looks like a Mad Max character. Scavenged pieces of clothing, armour and weaponry, customized to individual preference and their personal tastes. Once they get richer and can afford actual, good-quality gear, they'll still probably by everything piecemeal and have it all be custom jobs - they want that shoulder pad to have an inch higher guard because that wyvern once almost gouged their face out, that belt needs to have more room for potions, that wristguard needs a hidden pocket for lockpicks.
>>
>>43980400

>Seoni

>wearing a bra ever
>>
>>43980213
Different artists, different tastes.

Now to meditate on DFC Seoni with breeding hips.
>>
>>43980489

>Seoni accidentally turns herself into a DFC with magic
>still wears the same outfit
>>
>>43980400
In no picture of Seoni ever has she worn a bra.

Liberal application of whatever passes for duct tape in PF, perhaps, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>43980607

Magical double sided tape is a vital part of slutty sorceress outfits.
>>
>>43980144

Yeah pretty much. They're the rock stars of high fantasy settings. You either die young and unknown or you go on to become famous.
>>
>>43980144
I'd say that the more powerful adventurers get, the more they make efforts to not stick out like a sore thumb. When you routinely make enemies of kings, wizards and whole religious orders it's kind of retarded to strut around in flashy costumes.
>>
>>43980144
Makes sense. I don't imagine that high level enchanted gear would be found on the market, so most of it would be custom made.
>>
>>43980144
You can bet your ass that royalty and celebrities (read: adventurers) are loaded with as much stuff as they think will help them and most of the rest is being safeheld.
Normally you do get special commissions for legendary gear, so yeah.
For celebrities, you're either an inspiration, a tragedy, or a comedy.
>>
>>43980213
all i know is that acording to wayne reynolds the iconic paladin has breasts so big she needs to make room for them in her armor

also wears a chastity belt.
>>
>>43981549

he also gave most of the iconics he portrayed a boob hole in their suit. even the pirate and ninja
>>
>>43981593
frankly wayne is the only good part of pathfinders iconics.
>>
>>43981549
No, that's according to one of the Paizo employees. Nothing in the official art thus far has shown the paladin with breasts any larger than the normal boobplate, either.

Largest-titted iconics are Seoni and Feiya quite consistently. After that, it depends on artist.
>>
File: 1448378994258.png (39 KB, 368x388) Image search: [Google]
1448378994258.png
39 KB, 368x388
>>43980501
>>43980489
>Seoni accidentally turns herself into a DFC with magic
>Her boobs grow one cup size every time she gets knocked up
>>
>>43981549

Wayne Reynolds said that because he's one of those guys that bought into the "if you've got big boobs, you need boobplate" argument, when anons have shown that's actually not the case unless Seelah has those tits so big they're more medical curiosity than erotic chest meat.

Besides, we've seen Seelah out of her armor in (I think) Curse of the Crimson Throne, they're extremely average.

Alahazra, Feiya and Seoni are the titty monsters in Pathfinder, they pick up the slack.
>>
>>43981802

The Oracle is best PF girl.
>>
>>43981870

Oracle is built for sex because she really was a courtesan for Osirion's rich and famous, in fact she supposedly fucked the Ruby Prince on a couple occasions.

Witch is best girl, personally, she's an awkward nerd with good intentions, a painful backstory and huge tits (especially when you consider she's Tien, who are the Asians of the setting and typically flat.)
>>
>>43981921

Wasn't the witch basically the bullied pasty girl who turned to wicca type except in a fantasy world?
>>
Iconic Arcanist is best iconic.
>>
>>43982031

She was a merchant's daughter that was kidnapped by hags and tortured into the trade, but left when she was a young adult before they could turn her into a hag herself.

It left her desperate for attention but very awkward on how to seek or handle social interaction.
>>
>>43982063

That is definite waifu material.

Still, I kinda like Seelah and Merisiel.

Seoni is 2 lewd to be waifu
>>
>>43982063
>It left her desperate for attention but very awkward on how to seek or handle social interaction.
Don't forget "willing to travel the world with you" as well.

Imagine seeing the heights of Xin-Shalast, or the horizon of the Obari Ocean. Or the columns of Aelyosos. Or all the many sights to be seen. She's willing to go with you, just to see them. And hold hands while you do it.
>>
>>43982269
>>43982063

See, this is why Feiya's probably the only Iconic that could "work" as an NPC. She's cute, has motivations for traveling with the party, and comes with all sorts of growth potential.
>>
>>43982269
She's also one of those Linnorm King half-not!Asians who're to be extremely attractive.
>>
>>43982063
I have a cleric of Erastil whose life goal is to become a family man.
He'd probably find himself obliged to help her try to figure out who she is and find Daji adorable.
>>
>>43980223
Curves on someone who leads an athletic lifestyle are unrealistic. The modern ideal of curves is based on being sedentary fatasses.
>>
File: 1448773760268.png (93 KB, 339x261) Image search: [Google]
1448773760268.png
93 KB, 339x261
>>43982102
>>43982269
>>43982384

Y'all forgetting her smart-mouthed fox familiar, the wise old thing she has a two-way telepathic link with.

>mfw it starts getting sassy about her choice in men, or making comments about their prowess on dates or in bed
>>
>>43980144
There are several things that could factor into this.
If Illusion magic is aboundant, than you can obviously go wild.
If powerful magic items are artifacts you find in dungeons, than adventures might run around in clown suits because power beats style and good luck finding that full set of clothes from a cult that was destroyed 1000 years ago. You had that in WoW for leveling through Vanilla content. I remember my Paladin running around in pink boots with a grey helm and green bracers, because that's how the good pieces of gear looked.
Maybe you have Monster Hunter-like crafting system and people make full sets of armor to get the most out of each kill. Or you can actually gain the traits of the creatures by having lots of their substance on you.
And of course there are adventures that don't want to draw attention to them. Obviously you've got your stealth-based characters that want to look like anything but skilled in their profession, but there's also the squishy wizard that doesn't want to know his enemies that he's a squishy wizard.

Really, you can make "adventurer culture" whatever you want to be in your setting. Mine are a "race" that unknowingly is the agent of an eldritch god-thing, so don't ask me how you make adventurer culture happening in a more traditional setting.
>>
>>43982471
>than adventures might run around in clown suits

>Powerful adventurers look like landsknects.

This pleases me.
>>
>>43982463
>'"I used to be a tanner, you know. Got pretty good at it."
>>
>>43981769
Imma ask you to stop right there.

My penis can only get so erect.
>>
>>43981078
If I end up with some legendary magical god armor that looks ornate as hell, first thing I'd do is wear a simple cloak that conceals it.

Although, besides purely magical articles of equipment that have been weaved into existence by some deity or whatever, making it all fancy, I'd expect that most genuine masterworks would be very simple and utilitarian, little in the way of engravings and ornamentation. Ultimately, they'd look no different than most other armors or weapons.
Those simple but most effective items would be the ones sought to be enchanted. Don't want to blow a ton of gold to enchant something that'd break apart like IKEA furniture.
>>
So what's Seoni's story?
>>
>>43982707
Seemingly doomed to die, decided to fuck destiny (possibly literally).

>A member of the wanderers known as Varisians, Seoni wears the magical markings of her culture in the elaborate tattoos that crisscross her body.
>But her path was not to be the path of tradition. A caravan master's daughter who spent much of her youth traveling, she was expected to one day either lead her own caravan or perhaps develop a talent for reading the harrow, the fortune-telling cards of her people.

>One night, while her family camped at the edge of the mysterious Lurkwood, young Seoni wandered out of sight of her people's cooking fires. There she found a great white tree, its ancient roots twisted around a ring of rune-carved stone. As she investigated, the tree's bark fell away, revealing elaborate symbols and images that related a brief tale—that of her own short life. Seoni fled, but returned with her kin soon after to find nothing more than a normal old tree and a strange rock.

>Regardless, the images upon the wood carved themselves into Seoni's mind, and she promised that she would never submit to letting another choose her destiny. From that point onward, she delved into the mysteries of her homeland, eventually even unlocking sorcerous power within herself—an ancient sorcery unlike the common magic of her people. When she came of age, she sought to continue her wandering life, but this time along routes she chose and in pursuit of her own ambitions.
>>
>>43982471
>adventurer's are a separate race
>are the agents of an Eldritch god

This sounds like Mabinogi, in which all player characters are beings from another world. Was one of the more entertaining explanations for why the players are "just different" from NPCs.
>>
>>43982707

She's a tribal woman from a society that treats magic blood as a big deal.

She likes to think she's large and in charge, but when push comes to shove she tends to use seduction when it will let her get away with something (even on women, so she's a situational bisexual.)

These attempts often get her in more trouble than she started, though.
>>
>Is it reasonable to say that the higher level an adventurer is, the more like it is that their gear and outfit will be extravagant, exotic and personalized?

If it isn't, it's because nearly every player shows up with fancy custom (often jet black) armor at Level 1.
>>
>you will never polymorph Seoni into a DFC and put magic-nulling bands on her

>you will never turn the tables on Seoni and turn her into a cute trap
>>
>>43982676
Depends on how enchanting works. Generally, at least in fluff, it involves something along the lines of carving runes into the thing or the like.
>>
>>43982791
>These attempts often get her in more trouble than she started, though.
You know, just once I'd like to actually see a seduction attempt by an attractive woman towards a man in fantasy fail simply because the dude isn't having it, not because he's gay or anything.
>>
>>43982894
>just once I'd like to actually see a seduction attempt by an attractive woman towards a man in fantasy fail simply because the dude isn't having it

That's what's implied to happen, anon.

Seoni gets in trouble and tries to use her body to get out of it, but for one reason or another this gets her in even more trouble. This could mean the guardswoman is straight or the guardsman is gay, but more often it means the guards simply aren't biting at the tattooed bimbo with fat perky tits.
>>
>>43982769
I don't know of that Mabinogi.

I just play with kids who usually are to lazy to make up complicated backstories, so I had their characters literally fall from the sky and wander around.
It's just some people from the player races who bear the sign of that god, which makes them stand out. So when there are tales of a wandering madman murdering the locals in their sleep, people assume it's one of those people.
Not all of them are adventures, not all adventures are of that group, but that's the stereotype.
>>
>>43982982
You'd think so, but the way Paizo handles things she'd more likely get in trouble with the partner of said seduced, or get so into it she fails at her original goal.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13 KB, 555x407
>>43983030

Ain't got no issue with that, discovering the guy you fucked has a wife or accidentally get engaged to the man after a month of "dating" fits the problems she gets into.
>>
>>43982846
Sexy chick into qt trap TFs are sadly rare
>>
>>43983128

Probably because it's awful.
>>
File: 1425063339091.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1425063339091.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>>43983083
>Guard in training, very handsome
>His girlfriend travels, he gets shit about this from his friends
>He tolerates it for her because he believes she's genuine
>That moment when the disguise fails and he was about to propose
>Turns out she not only lied to him about her identity, but is looser than a barbarian's belt
This is how antipaladins are born, Seoni.
>>
>>43983128
Not everyone's into team fortress. Accept it.
>>
>>43980188

Yee. For instance, in Warcraft, the higher level you are, the /less/ likely you are to have a personalized set of gear compared to a uniform that offers the peak performance to your class, hence the tier system.
>>
>>43980144
She's pretty but that mole ruins her face for me.
>>
>>43982442
If you like fit and non-obese, stay away from anything that ever refers to itself as "BBW" or "Voluptuous" or "Curvaceous" in North America. They've been co-opted and corrupted into just more definitions of morbidly obese.

>>43980144
Depends on setting, character, and character's position. Modern day characters of high social and financial class will more likely wear a high quality but tasteful suit. Gypsies and Menopausal Jew women wear like thirty different rings of questionable size and unquestionable (unquestionably horrible) taste, probably with coats of fur and fucked up hats.

A D&D type adventurer that basks in the glory of his deeds might wear very elaborate stuff, approaching the "Warhammer Hero" level of obnoxiousness, while a more pragmatic type might want to keep stealth an option and just install all those magic options into a functional looking set of gear.

Sometimes it's not the guy with six solar arrays sticking out his back and linked to a glowing sword you need to worry about. It's the guy with the mundane looking tac-vest, slacks, and wielding a goddamn GBE.
>>
>>43983369

Not since transmogging was introduced. Now everyone looks like a special snowflake, and there's lots of super-huge spiky armors and slut outfits among max levels.
>>
>>43983723
>Having your own wardrobe
>special snowflake
And to your left we can see an idiot who uses terms because they're popular instead of because they're applicable.
>>
File: 1428242216793.jpg (90 KB, 583x600) Image search: [Google]
1428242216793.jpg
90 KB, 583x600
>>43980144
I like to explain some of the sillier outfits as not personalized equipment but the amassed unique magical items that a successful adventure tends to gather on their travels.
I mean, if I found a magic crop-shirt that made me immune to arrows you can fucking bet I'm gonna keep wearing it even if it looks dumb and I can afford better-looking clothes. Although higher level adventurers with more resources would be more able and probably likely to seek out specific equipment to compliment their abilities.
>>
>>43980144
Yes, it's reasonable. Hell, for a simple +1 enhancement, you can get glamered armor that looks however you want. I think disguise self can change your clothes to whatever you want, make your armor look fancy or not, whatever. Then you can use nystul's magic aura to keep your clothes or armor from detecting as magical.

I'd say it's rare to see a high-level character that HASNT changed how they look, in some degree.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 247x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 247x283
Considering my level 10 alchemist just bought a legitimate pimp outfit after wearing average clothing, I'd say so.
>>
>>43980144

I wish to cum inside the little Seoni.
>>
>>43986175

>Reduce Seoni to Small size
Or
>Enlarge yourself to Large size

Things get kinky when you've got magic
>>
>>43986524
Small size, small enough she can literally ride your cock as you try to go about your day
>>
>>43980144
I've always thought as adventurers grow older and more experienced the stop caring about how they look as much as they begin to care more about how functional and useful all of their gear is.
>>
File: 1384254961658.jpg (76 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1384254961658.jpg
76 KB, 600x800
>>43986970
In real life prettier gear is still functional and its better made than the plain stuff most of the time.

Something like this is still going to give excellent protection because this level of decoration costs far more than the quality of the armour underneath.
>>
>>43981921

Bullshit. The Oracle is from Rahadoum, not Osirion, and was never a courtesan. She was some rich guy's daughter that got sick and wound up with divine powers in a country where they execute clerics, so her dad dumped her in the desert.
>>
>>43981921
Also, the witch isn't Tien, retard
>>
>>43980144
A first level character can only afford a few shirts.

As you start killing liches, it isn't ridiculous to think that you'll start wearing cloth-of-gold.
>>
>>43987288
That armor might provide a high level of protection, but it also screams out "Kill me, I'm important." Negating at least some of that protection.
>>
>>43987329

As any loving father would.
>>
>>43987682
No it screams 'don't kill me, I have money'! And it also makes it easy for your men to know where you are.
>>
>>43980461
Her breasts are amazing because she never wears a bra. If a woman grows up without wearing bras, her tits get perkier and are less likely to sag in old age.

It's another sexy thing the French are bringing back. Go figure.
>>
>>43988371
>being this oblivious
>>
>>43987329

Alahazra is from Rahadoum but migrated after getting dumped, and she wound up in Osirion.

>>43987351

Feiya is the daughter of two Tian merchants, are you honestly calling me a retard when you're not even fact-checking your accusations?
>>
>>43987914
It was kind of a dick move, but he was also saving her life by giving her a head start on the Pure Legion. Rahadoum are militantly anti-theist. All of their healers are Bards. >>43988541
>>
>>43988597
She passed through Osirion, had some adventures, and is rumored to have hung out with the Ruby Prince. She wasn't a courtesan, you fucking faggot. She's a creepy half-nuts desert prophet with milky white eyes.

And Alain is her husbando.
>>
>>43989201

Alain is every female iconic's husbando, his entire schtick is knocking up every woman he meets.

And Alahazra's been a consort or admired by many powerful men in Osirion, she's totally a courtesan in all but name.
>>
>>43989715
So basically, you just don't know what the word "courtesan" means, and haven't read her bio. Gotcha.
>>
>>43982063
She sounds wonderful. Does anyone have good art of her? I know I could google it, but hey, bump.
>>
File: Feiya.png (622 KB, 491x783) Image search: [Google]
Feiya.png
622 KB, 491x783
>>43991892

She's pretty damn cute.
>>
>>43991953
What are her interactions with all of the others?
>>
>>43991977
She and Ezren are bros, she creeps out valeros.
>>
>>43991977

All the other what, Iconics? They're kind of independent of one another except in that shitty Pathfinder comic which featured the Core Classes.

>>43991998

I think that was Seoni, Feiya as far as I'm aware has not been featured in the comic.

As far as interactions, Feiya's more or less a goth girl without the anti-establishment flair. She's chesty, cute in the "can clean up" sorta way, and really tries to fit in, but often falls short when her interactions lead to misunderstandings.

I've always seen her fox, and indeed most patrons, as fast-talking wise guys.
>>
>>43992049
Are you just basing these descriptions soley off of pictures you looked up? Because the core books give you some insight of the iconic's interactions with each other every chapter.
>>
File: feiya dynasty.png (463 KB, 475x859) Image search: [Google]
feiya dynasty.png
463 KB, 475x859
>>43991953
>>43992049
Can definitely clean up.

>those hips
>>
>>43993655
What book is that from?
>>
>>43993708
End of Reign of Winter, I think. There's one of her at the end of Jade Regent, too, where she's dressed up in finery there as well.

She's good with the "creating a dynasty" thing.
>>
>>43993929
>She's good with the "creating a dynasty" thing.

And she wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>43993655
>smugfox knows what you're thinking right now
>>
>>43994462

>smugfox knows what your thinking
>he knows what Feiya's thinking, too
>he can hold telepathic conversations with her from hundreds of feet away
>cue the banter during sex
>>
>>43987682
Are you telling me that if a guy with armor charges you among a bunch of other guys, you aren't going to hesitate to kill him unless for some reason he's wearing your colors?
>>
>>43994121
I would hope so.
>>
>>43982791
Where do you even get this shit from? The comics have nothing like that. She's the most level headed of the group.
>>
>>43988371
>believing hippie shit
>>
>>43998010
The studied idea that someone's breasts are going to have stronger connections because they're not being supported all the time is hippie shit?
>>
>>43997302
Comments on paizo forums, mostly, from paizo posting in character as the iconics.
>>
File: upgrades.jpg (236 KB, 1167x578) Image search: [Google]
upgrades.jpg
236 KB, 1167x578
One of my favorite parts of the Planescape boxed set is this set of two pictures on the pages talking about adventures you can run with low-level, mid-level, and high-level characters. They don't mention them in the text at all, but I always thought it was neat how you could see their advancements.
>>
>>43999798
>wizard has not just one beard
>not just two beards
>but THREE BEARDS
>>
File: Epic Mialee.jpg (96 KB, 400x595) Image search: [Google]
Epic Mialee.jpg
96 KB, 400x595
>>43999798
The Epic Level Handbook also did a thing like that, with epic versions of the 3e iconics throughout the book (I like the pic of Tordek using Epic Whirlwind Attack to turn his arm into a blender). I think there's an illustration in another book that shows all the epic iconics together fighting the tarrasque.
>>
>>43999834
He has four, actually.
It's a +3 MODIFIER to beardliness.
>>
>>43980144
>relying on off-the-rack stuff
>cuirasse de pret-a-porter
>>
>>43999798

That guy is WEARING A BEETLE
>>
>>44000567
Perfect wizard
>>
no but i would guess lacking internet or mass publications or anything in a fantasy setting, travelers would pick up a lot of weird clothing quirks that would look strange to any given person, especially once they've traveled to more magical places, like city of brass, fae wilds, demon cities, etc.
>>
>>43980729

I imagine a cantrip-level version of Alter Self is de rigeur for hot sorceresses. By the time you finish your apprenticeship, things are starting to sag without a little magical support.

BTW this is a good rationale for the classic female wizard in D&D worlds, or even medieval fantasy worlds with sexism. A mage takes a few peasant girls with "magical potential" (ie hottie waifu material). Then he brings them back to his tower, breaks them in as domestic servants until they're old enough to put out. They spend their teenage years trading sex for lessons in magic. Eventually, the apprentice either ages out of the wizard's preferred age bracket, or he gets tired of her, or she learns everything she can. Then she goes out on her own, while he finds a new apprentice.

This can also be gay, or females recruiting males. The ancient Greeks did this all the time. It was a custom for students to honor their teachers by being fucked by them. The gender changes, but not the dynamic.

So of course the apprentice dresses and acts like a hooker. She doesn't want to be cut loose while still only half-trained. If there's more than one apprentice in the tower, then she has to get creative about attracting attention from her master. Her entire self-worth revolves around two things: her magical knowledge and her sexiness. Power and sex are hopelessly intermingled for her. Think of the psychological weirdness of most fantasy wizard chicks. Not too far off from victims of long-term sexual exploitation.

Think of that inevitable scene when the hot slutty sorceress tries to tempt the hero into letting her nuke the village in exchange for sex. That kind of arrangement-- with power, horny and morally grey men that she's kind of hostile to-- is the only kind of relationship she's ever known.

All the hot sorceress tropes (even the "morally chaste" or just frigid ones) make a lot more sense in this light.
>>
>>44002741

In the Witcher setting female casters all turn themselves 10/10 canonically. The lead waifu in those games was an ugly, malformed noble daughter that they wanted to get rid of so they sent her to apprentice with a wizard
>>
>>44002741

So what you're saying is that tough martial types at higher levels are like catnip to sorceresses?

Perfect.
>>
>>43981078

In a heavily levelled game world like you get in D&D, I'd want to show off my itemization because it shows my raw power and therefore my social standing.

Also, in many settings, magic items need to be of a certain minimum quality/value to even take an enchant.

Yeah being discrete protects you from becoming a target. But with magic you can see right through that anyway (such as sensing the hanging spells on you). You're not going to successfully hide it from genuine threats, so you might as well flaunt it with commoners and non-adventuring nobles who know you're someone to be respected and feared.

There are rich people IRL who wear shitty clothes and live well below their means. But most work hard to display their wealth. Because wealth (and power) grant social status, and status can be cashed in with respect, favors, deference, and sex. What's the point of being rich and not using it for anything?
>>
>>44002826
>tough martial types
More like "emotionally distant but sexual active powerful types." The type of power doesn't really matter. Archmage or legendary warrior, so long as he's powerful enough that she feels that she needs to actually compete for him, and so long as his power meets her expectations, it works.

Unless your characters are in a world where martials can get Wuxia- or Supers-like power, it's a lot more likely that she'll be attracted to powerful warlocks and theurges of other types.
>>
>>43998010
>>43999515

Yes.

I came of age in the 1980s. In the late 60's and throughout the 70's, feminists were literally burning their bras and insisting this was true.

It's a plausible theory but totally false. The chicks who did that, got to spend their 30's being saggy as fuck. Gravity wins this war every time.

Go look at nat geographic pages (or anthropologist sites) where you see pics of women from cultures with no bras who spend their time topless. Incredibly saggy, every one of them. And yet by your logic they should be the perkiest girls around.

Ladies: go ahead and be a feminist if that's what you prefer. But do NOT believe your womyn's studies professor when she claims that not wearing a bra is a good thing. It's fun and jiggly to watch, especially when you get a new crop of 19 year olds every semester and don't have to deal with the aftermath. She's doing it for herself, not for you.
>>
>>44002800

I knew the RPG writers wouldn't let me down. Nice and perfectly rational when you think about it.

GURPS is good for this because the Advantages system can easily model long-term use of body mod magic.

>>44002826
>So what you're saying is that tough martial types at higher levels are like catnip to sorceresses?

That's not what I'm saying at all. But it certainly works WITH what I said. I could easily picture some sorceresses like that. Others might go for magical or clerical power. Still others will go dominatrix and recruit apprentices for the same reason that abusers are often former victims themselves. A few will go the chastity route and avoid sex altogether because they feel soiled and long for a purity they can never have.

Or put this in a table and have a "roll twice" result. So your slutty sorceress BBEG is both chaste and dominatrix. Or dominatrix and daddy issues. Or whatever.

So here's your idea, expanded: A sorceress who fawns over powerful martial types might have felt abused and victimized by her master. He or she used her cruelly, perhaps even used mind of body control to force her into sexual acts that left her scarred. She never wants to feel that way again. She has this fantasy of how "normal" (ie nonmagical) people have romantic and wholesome relationships, but all she knows is domination or submission/victimization. So now she is frigid towards peasants and other weak types, gets triggered by the idea of sex with magic users. But powerful martial types set off that fantasy of a loving relationship with someone powerful enough to arouse her but not with the kind of power that threatens her.

hows that?
>>
>>44003283
>hows that?

It's exactly how most of my Caster/Martial relationships seem to pan out, actually.
>>
>>44002741

ITT: a wizard's tower is the zimbardo prison experiment.
>>
>>44003283

Wow this thread went magical realm fast.
>>
>>44004871
Is that always a bad thing? Honestly, using a more mature variant of magical realm (as opposed to "trolol half-dragons!") to explain and have fun with the stereotypical dress of a sorceress (aside from the "it makes me feel pretty/sexy/nice" that is actually more often than not true in real life).
>>
>>44004871

It's magical realm that makes a whole lot of sense.
>>
>>44004871
shut up you prudish faggot
>>
File: men_prefer_more_curvy_women.jpg (38 KB, 600x292) Image search: [Google]
men_prefer_more_curvy_women.jpg
38 KB, 600x292
>>43982442
>>
File: aa39.121.AV1_.jpg (119 KB, 534x703) Image search: [Google]
aa39.121.AV1_.jpg
119 KB, 534x703
>>43982676
>>
>>43982442

You clearly don't know many athletes. Unless you mean "I'm into landwhales", thin athletic women can damn well be curvy. We're talking about hips and breasts, not belly.
>>
>>44005849
Those hips...
>>
>>44006808

Yeah, they're... hip-notic
>>
File: 0643.png (248 KB, 481x500) Image search: [Google]
0643.png
248 KB, 481x500
>>44007802
>>
File: james franco.jpg (188 KB, 919x491) Image search: [Google]
james franco.jpg
188 KB, 919x491
>>44007802
>>44008205
>>
File: 1412876537395.jpg (105 KB, 518x728) Image search: [Google]
1412876537395.jpg
105 KB, 518x728
usually when a piece of weaponary or armor was very ornate, it meant its owner could pay for the extra expense of having it made ornate.

which by extension implied that he could pay for expensive materials and a talented smith. so one would surmise that the two are related.
>>
>>44008428
Or he looted it from a guy who wasn't skilled enough to use it properly.
One or the other.
>>
>>44008630
Oh come on - either way, that means its in the hands of someone who can use it, and unless you're dealing with some spoiled brat, the former is more likely - especially in the case of the middle ages, where nobles often served as soldiers, or in later years, a family with a history of military service or officers in various branches.

And in the case of an RPG, if we're talking about a PC's equipment, that means the bling is going to a character that can afford it and use it properly.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.