[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayy lmao, looking for a good set of defender cards for my defender/health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: rage nimbus.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
rage nimbus.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
Ayy lmao, looking for a good set of defender cards for my defender/health gain deck for casual games in the dorms. I have a couple Archer's Parapets, a Dazzling Ramparts(?), and some other wall-type cards. I'm looking for a few of pic related, but I thought I'd look for some recommendations from you fellas.
>>
I have a friend who made a monoW wall/lifegain deck with Chalice of Life/Death as its main wincon. It was pretty shitty. I do not recommend doing a deck like that, it'll be boring as fuck, you'll spend the whole game doing nothing and then you're suddenly just dead because you're not really affecting the boardstate, just playing walls. You'd be better off just going full on control.
>>
>>43979773
What do you recommend for defenders, then?
>>
>>43979801
It's like you didn't read my post. I pretty much recommended NOT doing a walls/lifegain deck. It's fucking boring and you're just gonna spend the whole game doing nothing and looking at your opponents steamrolling your shit.
>>
>>43979755
These kinds of passive strategies tend to be really slow and durdly but here are some recommendations if you choose to pursue this. There's assault formation and rolling stones if you want to go on the offensive with walls. If you stick with red then aether membrane is also a unique choice. Vent sentinel gives you a direct damage wincon. Wall of blossoms, wall of omens, and wall of mulch give you some card draw. Shifting wall fits on your curve anywhere so that could be worth including.
>>
Souls of the Faultless

Use this page to look up cards: http://magiccards.info/search.html
>>
OK for starters don't do life gain. Just don't. It never wins, ever. It is a useful plus side to creatures and can be used part of a combo, but having it me the main goal of a deck never works.

Next you need a wincon, something that actively wins you the game. I am a control/combo player myself, which may not be your style, but start from here.

First step is dropping those walls you mentioned in your post (but your pic is cool, so I'll use it). They are shit. Try wall of shroud, wall of omens and fog bank. My personal favorite walls. For my win con I'd use staff of nin, because life is pain. For removal get lightning bolt and swords to plowshares (path to exile is ironically better for this deck,but not a better card). Add in counter spell and rewind and youll have a walls/defender deck that might win
>>
>>43979755
Vent sentinel.
>>
>>43979755
>55
nioce

dazzling ramps is bretty gud
>>
File: wallofedgyness.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
wallofedgyness.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>43979755
dat first strike
>>
File: vento rape.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
vento rape.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>43982223
>Vent sentinel
so i guess we are goin red for op
>>
Rage Nimbus is pretty cool, I had never seen it before.

x4 Assault Formation
x4 Wall of Roots
x4 Overgrown Battlement
x2-3 Vent Sentinel
x2-3 Axebane Guardian
x1-2 Banefire/Ulamog
x4 Genesis Wave

Flavor with card draw (Wall of Blossoms) or removal to taste.
>>
Back when I first played magic so many years ago, my first deck I self brewed was called Balls to the Wall.
Now I play it in pauper.
>>43982359
>>43982223
Main win con.
Play Kaerevek's Torch as backup off my Axebane mana.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.