[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a seasoned stormtrooper have any chance to win against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 4610_1.jpg (132 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
4610_1.jpg
132 KB, 728x409
Could a seasoned stormtrooper have any chance to win against a novice astartes? In which conditions? Discuss
>>
>>43979518

With or without power armour?
>>
>>43979528
Ok, two scenarios: a) full gear and weapons both of them, at their choice. b) No gear or weapons available at start but it is available scattered in the field.
>>
Superhuman vs Future soldier.
>>
Of course. There's always a chance. A grot with a rusty dagger has a chance. Just roll the dice and see what happens.
>>
It depends on a circumstance
>>
>>43979518
How much of a novice astartes? Are we talking about 1 implant away from being a full battle brother or someone that they just picked up and said "Yup, you're a psychotic little killing machine that hasn't even hit puberty. You'll do."

While we're on the topic, which kind of stormtrooper? Are we talking Stormtroopers from star wars? Some other science fiction series? These are things that need be clarified, if anything.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (13 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
13 KB, 443x332
>>43979845
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Troopers
>>
>>43979552
Neophyte, Scout or first week of Tactical training?
>>
>>43979933
Neophyte: the >>43979921 stormtrooper would probably win.
Scout: now in favour of the Astartes
First week of being a Tactical Marine: Favouring the Astartes ad infinitum.
>>
>>43979948
Even against a scout I'd probably give the edge too the stormtrooper who will have not only completed his training but will be more experienced too (plus he has an equipment advantage).
>>
>>43980036
He's not going to have a large advantage (if any) when it comes to equipment, and despite having more experience, there's only so much that can do against the marked physical disadvantages he's up against.

Stormtroopers are at their best when working in a team. Putting one in single mortal combat against a marine, even a scout, is outside of his element.
>>
>>43979518
It's not even a contest. The space marine gets shot the fuck dead because he thinks a blaster is a lasgun and tries to tank it.
>>
Reminder that space marine recruits are already the kinds of people legends are sung about before they have a single genetic modification.
>>
>>43980577
They recruit children.
>>
>>43980594
maybe in certain cases but that certainly isn't commonplace.
>>
>>43980668
Wat
What fucking canon have you been reading you moron?
>>
>>43980668
They have to start the process of implants at around age 10 or so.
>>
>>43980668
It's beyond commonplace, it's mandatory.
>>
Depending on the fluff and chapter it varies wildly. Some begin the process as young children, most as teens, and some as adults
>>
>>43980720
Well, except in 30k
>>
>>43980780
In 30K a certain shitty asshole became a pseudomarine for being too old for the implants, which leads me to assume there is still a limit age.
>>
>>43980594
Yup. Up to 18-20 year old max. See - Ragnar and his enemy.. err, friend.
>>
>>43980810
I think several shitty assholes became marines, it's noted that both Sangy's tribesmen and Leman's bros underwent the process
>>
>>43979518

Storm Trooper has the edge over a neophyte in a straight fight, no gear.

When you start adding equipment into the mix, it starts tilting more and more in favour of the Marine.
>>
>>43980759
When they say teen they mean THIRTEEN
>>
>>43980118
>large advantage (if any) when it comes to equipment
Standard ST equipment is much more suitable for this fight. Both have heavy armour but only one is armed with a standard weapon that excels against heavy armour.
>>
>>43981344
What's the storm trooper's AP?
>>
>>43981382
>>
>>43981411
Yeah, marine with a bolter is dead
>>
>>43981148
Didn't the Carcharodons kidnap children? Like nine and ten year old after the Badab War to replenish their ranks?

Then paired them up and made them fight to the death because grimdark. 50% at best recruitment rate might be hampering my favorite chapter.
>>
>>43980668
what

are we talking about the same space marines here
>>
I would like to note that the stormtrooper is packing tactical nuke grenades, neutronium armor, and blasters that do ton-grade explosions every shot.
>>
File: 1405160420629.png (455 KB, 563x750) Image search: [Google]
1405160420629.png
455 KB, 563x750
>>43982522
>>
Are we also considering what doctrine this both soldiers might be trained in?

For instance, if the scout is from the Templars, he'd be trained in close combat. If he's from the ultramarines, he'd be trained in tactics on the battlefield.

For the trooper, he might take missions head first rather than stealthy and vice versa.
>>
>>43981344
no stopping power, and the marine is always going to be the one attacking first thank to his abilities

In-game the AP3 MAY do it, but it's got no strength and no range. And in fluff a marine is going to be able to tank hotshot fire like a champ.
>>
>>43983655
Could they tank a brain shot though? I imagine a reasonably experienced ST could pull it off if that was the case. No idea if it is an instant kill or not though.
>>
>>43979921
>Storm Troopers form a single Imperial Guard regiment, which is unique in that it is a permanent unit, receiving a constant influx of new recruits to keep it up to full strength. By virtue of its members having been recruited from the orphaned progena of the Schola Progenium, the regiment is made up of soldiers originally hailing from worlds across the Imperium of Man. With up to ten thousand men under arms at any one time, the regiment is also larger than most other Imperial Guard regiments raised from a single world. However this huge force does not fight in a single place; individual companies or battalions are instead sent to different war zones, and from there, individual Storm Trooper squads are spread among the other Imperial Guard regiments in a given war zone as required.
>10 000 stortroopers total
>1000 space marines chapters, each one composed of 1000 marines.

That means there is one stormtrooper for 100 loyalist marines in the galaxy. Stormtroopers are as rare as SM captains.
I know it's GW, but I expected them to be able to do basic operations.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.