[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character Flaws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1447122372760.jpg (54 KB, 625x262) Image search: [Google]
1447122372760.jpg
54 KB, 625x262
ITT: Character Flaws to make characters more interesting.

The character attempts to connect every event in the story to some imaginary conspiracy/prejudice that they came up with before the game even started.
>>
The last character I played was born to parents who were retainers for the local provincial lord, and one of the few nobles to NOT be a complete asshole... in fact, the character and her parents were treated quite well. Despite being glorified servants, they lived better than most of the population, and the lord even paid for the character's magic tutoring once she showed potential for it.

As a result, this character was extremely biased towards nobility in general, always trusting them or taking their side, even when they didn't have the best interests of the party in mind. She had grown up with the naive world-view that nobles were actually... you know, noble. The idea that some of them were power-hungry assholes who saw people as disposable and didn't give a damn about anyone besides themselves was an alien concept to her.... one that got the party in trouble more than a few times.
>>
File: 15654984650.jpg (197 KB, 900x1176) Image search: [Google]
15654984650.jpg
197 KB, 900x1176
>>43977686
He is a bit of an airhead and has a relatively short temper.
>>
Vain airheads, putty in the hands of anyone who can pay a decent compliment or a seductive smile.

Suicidal devotion to the notions of honour, proper warfare, 'Dulce Et Decorum Est...'

Kleptomaniacs. Regardless of their actual nature, people who compulsively steal are likely to get into trouble.

Sufferers of paranoid delusions.

Epistemophiles; the classic 'knowledge over morality' scientist/arcanist, or those obsessed with fields of knowledge that likely lead to ethical dilemmas, corruption or madness.
>>
>>43977686
I once played as a lecherous mercenary-type to see if that would make the dynamic between me and our partys paladin more strained.

Ended up being impaled by him after i attemped to molest a dark elf we had captured for questioning after chasing her down for stealing an artifact important to our quest.
>>
>>43978447
>Kleptomaniacs
That's just going to result into "its what my character would do XD" dickery
>>
>>43977686
As long as it's not just a gimmick.
>>
Comically dumb characters always start off being fun for dumb reasons, but eventually it becomes pretty fun just for role playing reasons as your party and DM realise you're a dumb gullible fuck entirely reliant on them to function.
>>
>>43978447
I've had a character with as legitimate schizophrenia as I could portray. Paranoia, hallucinations, obsessive behaviour, delusions, the lot. Things got really weird when we got telepathic communications and it turned out the others could hear his voices too.
>>
Pride is always a good downfall. One of the common traits in my characters.

Pride and Brashness. Yeah. Good traits.
>>
>>43977686
I like not-so-visible flaws, a.k.a. the kind of flaw that isn't too obvious at first.

Both of my current characters have them as to not interrupt gameplay too much (one campaign is a tutorial campaign, the other one started as powerleveling).

My fighter
>Was bullied as a youth. As a result, he is unable to form close bunds, 'cause he doesn't really trust anyone. Also tends to ignore/downplay pain and injuries.
>Carries a small wooden figurine he carved back then as a constant reminder of the fact.

My wizard
>Unintentionally gave him a very dominant/borderline abusive dad
>Stutters, not because stuttering, but because he's PC incarnate, constantly questioning himself, trying not to offend anyone
>Can't really handle violence, BSOD'd twice already because of it (played into the story though)
Also, he's not really good at being a wizard, 'cause he's self-taught.
>>
>>43977686
>The character attempts to connect every event in the story to some imaginary conspiracy/prejudice that they came up with before the game even started.

Well hello Mr. Henderson
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.