[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some themes/mechanics you would put into a 40kxGundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: 2102.jpg (252 KB, 2046x1500) Image search: [Google]
2102.jpg
252 KB, 2046x1500
What are some themes/mechanics you would put into a 40kxGundam crossover?
>>
>>43971621
>40kxGundam crossover
Which timeline? I need to know so that I can tell you why this is a HORRIBLE idea in the most correct detail.
>>
>>43971777
>Horrible idea.
Who gives a shit about lore? Just give 40k gundams and scale up their power to fit in the setting for a campaign.

If your that concerned about fucking 40k lore, then seek medical help. It's so stale and stagnate that nothing can really help it anymore.
>>
>>43971944
Actually I'm far more concerned about GUNDAM getting assraped to cram it into the awfulness of 40k.
I put stress on Gundam because it's the franchise I was asking for a timeline of.
>>
>>43971944
Someone woke up on the wrong side today.
>>
File: tequila-gundam.jpg (31 KB, 221x400) Image search: [Google]
tequila-gundam.jpg
31 KB, 221x400
>>43971621
The Feast of Blades held by the Dorn-descended Chapters becomes the Interstellar Gundam Fight. Pic related: the Crimson Fists' most recent entry.
>>
>>43971987
Whichever one were Epyon fucked up barge with one sword swing.
>>43972031
So you're saying that 40k lore is even decent?
>>
>>43971621
Why do 40kids insist on smearing their shit all over everything? They're literally the ponyfags of /tg/ .
>>
>>43972115
That would be Wing.
So, rather than posting a wall of text at you, let me instead guide you to why this is a bad idea.
What would you say Gundam Wing is about, thematically?
>>
>>43972317
Because Gundams are fun.
I would be having more fun as a Gundam with 40k tech blowing 40k armies and titans to hell for the Emperor. The lore is daft, so I'm not worried about respecting it because it can't respect itself.
Sorry for sperging out on that last post, thought you were a lorefag.
>>
>>43972369
See, this is the problem.
You are Missing The Point (tm) of Gundam.
Not just of Wing, but of basically the entire franchise, every single iteration.
Gundam is about war sucking a big fat dick.
Yeah, sometimes you have to fight, but that doesn't make it suck any less when it happens.
It gets a whole bunch of good men killed for no real reason.

Wing in particular is ill-suited to a crossover with 40k, because in addition to war sucking, Wing is about people trying to put an end to war.
The Gundam Pilots, and the scientists who mentored them and gave them their Mobile Suits?
They want to put an end to war, and get the colonies their sovereignty, so that the total pacifism dreamed of by the first Heero Yuy, and by the Peacecraft monarchy of the Sanc Kingdom, can become a reality.
Treize? He wants to put an end to war, too.
He just wants to do it in a different way.
By arranging a war so big that mankind will grow sick of war forever. Treize is the parent who catches his son smoking, and makes the little bastard smoke the entire pack, so that he gets so fucking sick that he'll never want to smoke again.
This requires that the setting be both CAPABLE of change, and small enough that the actions of a tiny handful of people can change the entire world.

40k is a completely stagnant setting of utterly MASSIVE scale. It's basically impossible for five normal men, no matter how fancy their weapons, to even be SIGNIFICANT to the entire setting, much less to shake the foundations of the setting itself so completely as to bring about massive change.
>>
File: blue-gender--small--3.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blue-gender--small--3.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
It would need to be 08th MS Team also the moment you have them go against Nid's it just turns into Blue Gender.
>>
>>43971777
Turn A.
>>
File: Feels goood.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Feels goood.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>43972548
This so much this.

40k is a setting that revels in its wars. Gundam is very much the opposite of that, it is about wars being a waste of lives.
>>
>>43972124
40k is only as bad as the person using it. It has been designed to be completely modular and intentionally conflicting so that you can use it for whatever style you prefer, just like the Koran.

>>43972548

Dude, WH40k is ALL ABOUT individuals changing the setting with their massive weapons, namely official issue Adamantine Balls.

Hell, the 40k setting is frozen where it is for IP purposes, but the setting itself has gone through constant changes. Even after the fall.

Saying the setting itself is stagnant is like saying Gundam is stagnant because they aren't making any more.

You don't make any sense. Anyways, there's already Gundam in 40k, we call them the Tau.
>>
>>43972840
>08th MS Team
Just replace the 08th cast with the All-Guardsmen Party and we're golden.
>>
>>43972977
>Gundam 40k
>Painstakingly making the perfect Zaku force
>Engage with enemy gundam
>In accordance with Gundam 40k rules you melt your figures one by one as your precious Zakus fight valiantly to the last unit. Your glorious red Zaku. All that time spent. Thinning paints, coat after coat, those lifelike battlescars and little touches.
>Gone
>Was it really worth it?
>You open your box from Bandai Workshop
>The new MSN-02 Zeong
>>
File: gbf-wingbox.png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gbf-wingbox.png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>43973402
>Warhammer Build Fighters
I can dig it.
>>
>>43973053

Except they ARE making more Gundam.
>>
>>43973402
Someone in Birmingham has a massive boner that can be seen from orbit and she doesn't know why.
>>
File: mfw.png (269 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
269 KB, 640x481
>>43973402
>>
>>43972977
this is true, though folks like Paptimus and Yazan would thrive in 40k
>>
File: We're out of doughnuts.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
We're out of doughnuts.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>43972548
God damn, some buy this fucker whatever drink he wants.

This man fucking GETS Gundam Wing.

You have made me a happy man, Anon.

Fuck, I love Gundam Wing.

Heavyarms best gundam.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>43972902
>Turn A x 40k
What gave you the desire to be so wrong?
>>
>>43972902
Turn A would wipe ruin practically everything except the nids, then after it is done killing all of technology go and solo all the nids at once.
>>
>>43973053
>Dude, WH40k is ALL ABOUT individuals changing the setting with their massive weapons, namely official issue Adamantine Balls.
That's not what GrimDark is like, anon, and very little is more GrimDark than WH40K.
>>
>>43976550
In my new headcanon for 40k, Turn A triggered Old Night.
>>
>>43971621

Not a whole lot would change considering, you know... Knight's, Titan's, Crisis Suits, Etc Etc

If you want to see a 40k get fucked by anime's barbed cock, start tossing some fucking Macross shit in there.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.