[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40,000 General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

The Emperor built my hotrod edition
>>
File: DreadGlob2.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
DreadGlob2.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
Would it be worth dropping a grotzooka killa kan (currently running a unit of 5) to give all 6 of my Deff Dreads an extra klaw? (Currently double rokkit)
>>
Man I wish Chosen could take Terminator Armour, just because I can do a bit of converting and show a nice cozy rank hierarchy in my Thousand Sons.
>>
>>43970655
would the 1k sons even do that post heresy? it doesn't involve daemons or sorcery
>>
is it just me, or is the new version of The Eight a very bizarre formation? the rules are clearly designed for you to take it in a larger force as a force multiplier, but the formation itself is just shy of 1500 points. at least in the old version you could take it piecemeal so you could just have a sweet character Riptide or IC Broadside as your warlord if you were so inclined. now you must take the entire thing and the rules don't even work unless you're playing a huge game upwards of 2000 or 2500 points.

I want to like it because the fluff is really cool, but I don't see how you even use it now.
>>
Any ork players here? How do you feel about warboss upgrades? I was thinking of running mine in a squad of meganobs but with only 'ard armour and the killchoppa

That way hes wearing psuedo meganob armour thanks to the squad majority rule but in combat he can dash forward and soften the enemy or take out threats first thanks to his I4
>>
what would it take to make chaos good?
>>
I am assembling my first Rhino and I am asking myself: why would I keep the top hatch movable? Is there any use ingame?
>>
>>43970690
They don't really work as a coherent legion anymore, more like an influential Sorcerer would have his own coven, apprentices, lackeys and Rubric Marines but still technically obeys the will of Magnus and is at his command if the need should ever arise. Otherwise they do their own thing.
>>
File: 1449064501483.jpg (53 KB, 510x532) Image search: [Google]
1449064501483.jpg
53 KB, 510x532
>>43970639

can you get new photos of your ugly army, instead of spamming the same ones over and over again, senpai?
>>
>>43970820

None whatsoever. And don't listen to anyone who tells you to paint the insides. No one is ever going to look inside your Rhino.
>>
>>43970826
Also they were always a lot less Chaos-y than most and valued order. It makes sense they still have some form of hierarchy systems each Sorc could dabble with, even if the original Legion hierarchy doesn't exist anymore.

Being chaos doesn't automatically make them psychopathic murderhobos who would bury an axe in the CSM next to them if they go more than 5 minutes from mutilating and raping a corpse. I hate that about the Chaos fluff and try to pull away from it as much as possible.
>>
>>43970709
Might be cool, I've never really thought about doing that before. Definitely give it a try.
>>
>>43970820
Did you just buy the rhino kit? Then yeah, it's pointless. If you had the razorback kit it can be useful as you can swap out the gun on the top for the regular top hatch.
>>
>>43970709
I ALWAYS take da lucky stikk on my warboss 2-3 rerolls a turn and +1 ws to him and his unit it so good
Most people run their boss on a bike, but I've run a heavy armor boss with meganobs in a wagon to great effect before
>>
>>43970839

Not until I get a better camera kiddo.
>>
Looking to start saw this guy trying to sell his Space Furries and I always thought they were cool

60 Grey Hunter/Blood Claws
16 Wolf Guard Terminators
11 Scout Marines
11 Assault Marines
9 Devastator Marines
1 Chaplain with Jump Pack
1 Logan Grimnar
1 Whirlwind
1 Predator
2 Dreadnoughts

For 300 bucks partially painted
what do you guys think?
>>
>>43970784
for marines some decurion, free vets of the long war, legion traits, formation with assault from deep strike, redo tzeentch powers, and some love from the devs
>>
>>43970820

'Cause it's cool, ya git.
>>
>>43970982
>No Thunderwolf Cavalry
>No Longfangs
>No Thunderwolf Wolf Lord

I mean with out a doubt you have an army but you are going to need transports up the ass and even then it wouldnt be a list I run.
>>
>>43971015
unfortunate
I'm trying to scour an army off amazon or ebay
>>
DoW Anon here. Once I get done with the campaigns I might start the multiplayer games or try to make a fortress on Dorf Fort a Dwarven version of Ultrmar or a run a fort like the High Lords of Terra. Which sounds more fun?
>>
>>43970950
not quite, I bought the Deimos Pattern from FW. The sprue includes the top-door replacement with the ring hach that can be used for the Razorback, but I guess I will never need it. The flak from the Aegis might fit though :-D
>>
>>43971166
> The flak from the Aegis might fit though
lol, it really fits!
>>
>>43970784
Make Codex: CSM legion-focused.

4 Decurions, each one god-specific.
Many new Formations, some require a specific mark or their structure implies a certain Legion (What other Legion would field a formation of 3 squads Raptors/Warp Talons?)
Access to a good few things regular marines have or dark mechanicum equivalents.
Lots more customization when it comes to wargear, like being able to give Terminator Armour to sergeants, chosen and all that.
>>
>>43971166
Ah, well surely there's no point in limiting your options. Who knows when you'd want that razorback?
>>
>>43971073

The problem is that good units are wanted by all players where as mediocre ones are left up to great deals.

You are definetly getting $300+ in value and it would be fine for a friendly game.

I have found that the lesser armies are sold at a higher discount as the person is throwing in the towel and knows they aren't selling a great or strong army.

My friend has been buying tons of Ork lots ever since their 7e codex came out. Now he has like fourteen trucks, ~ 50 loots, 300+ boyz, a ton of deffkoptas, buggies, warbikes and mek guns and even a fair sized squad of grot tanks.

He doesn't even have the 7e ork codex, he is just waiting for them to git gud and he will make an army and flip the rest for a profit.

He isn't smart
>>
File: 1432282154170.png (123 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1432282154170.png
123 KB, 1600x900
>>43971264
The orkz will rise again!
>>
>>43971287
But so will the prices.
>>
>>43971378
Thats gonna happen anyway
So start stocking up for a 3D printer I guess
>>
>>43970784
un-nerf the dragons, reduce the cost of cultist marines, take away challenge rules and bullshit random boon charts, give them a good assault transport
>>
>>43970982
What are the devastator's holding?

You could get that and then like four drop-pods and you'd be set
>>
>>43971287

Seriously we all planned to meet up for a game and he was the last to show for our four player game.

We are all assuming he is going to be playing his IG and he just walks in and plops down a Dread Mob (not the forgeworld one) plus a Warbike CAD and caught us all off guard.

It was great to mix things up but he has gotten pretty silly with it.

>Three Shokk Attack Big Meks
>~25 Big Mek Gunz
>All the gretchen
>Two Weirdboy plus Painboy
>Three Trukks
>30 Boyz split.

We usually play teamed and he just sat in the back and just went full retard with Zzap guns while the Thunderwolf Deathstar raped us up.

I get orks or fun but this man gives zero fucks about losing.
>>
>>43970971
Can you use the stikk on your unit or just the boss?

Any opinions on the shiny shoota?
>>
>>43971448
No clue but the local store where everyone does /tg/ things is pretty cool with whatever your dudes are holding as long as you tell the other player
>>
>>43971126
Why not both?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (308 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
308 KB, 1600x1200
>>43971569
heres a pic
I'm also waiting to here back if he has codexs or anything but I honestly pretty sure he doesn't
>>
>>43971570
Sounds good. I'll be sure to create a Codex Dorf in the meantime.
>>
>>43971598
You could buy it and have a lot of fun with it

Those devastators have 4 lascannons and then the other 4 have uh plasma cannon, missile launcher heavy bolter and idk, blurry as fuck
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (311 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
311 KB, 1600x1200
>>43971699
I wish 4chan had the multiple image uploads like cripple chan did/does
>>
So I went to the store earlier when I typed out my planned list here, and the guys there were really recommending that I use Salamanders stuff instead of Fists or Ultras since I am so bent on using that particular form of the Skyhammer Formation. Does this look good with Salamanders, or is it better to drop the Sternguard/assault squads and do more Devs with Fists/or Ultras? Part of me has been wanting to try out Salamanders forever but idk.

1850 points

---HQ---

Vulkan He'Stan - 190 points

---Troops---

(5) Tactical Squad - 70 points

(5) Tactical Squad - 70 points

---Fast Attack---

(5) Assault Squad - 80 points
-2 Flamers

---Elites---

(10) Sternguard Veteran Squad - 320 points
-10 Combi-Meltas

(5) Assault Terminator Squad - 225 points
-Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields

---Dedicated Transports---

Tactical Squads

Rhinos - 35 points

Rhinos - 35 points

Assault Squad

Drop Pod - 35 points

Sternguard Veteran Squad

Drop Pod - 35 points

---Heavy Support---

Storm Raven Gunship - 255 points
-TL Lascannons
-Typhoon Missile Launcher
-Hurricane Bolter Side Sponsons

+++Salamanders Skyhammer Annihilation Force+++

(5) Assault Squad - 95 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs

(5) Assault Squad - 95 points
-2 Flamers
-Jump Packs

(5) Devastator Squad - 120 points
-4 Multi-Meltas
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

Drop Pod - 35 points

(5) Devastator Squad - 120 points
-4 Multi-Meltas
-Combi-Melta for Sargent

Drop Pod - 35 points
>>
>>43971522
the rerolls are just for him the +1 ws is for the unit.
The shiny shoota is cool but I've never used it since I prefer the powerklaw+twinlinked shoota on my boss, also because thats the loadout of the black reach warbboss im using.
Don't forget its orks so putting too many points in 1 unit can go badly quick.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (333 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
333 KB, 1600x1200
>>43971733
>>
Where can I get I am slaughter?
>>
>>43971461
That sounds like a fun/fucking retarded list, if he uses it again (and you're on his side) tell him about the mogrok's bossboyz formation that lets you outflank d3 units if he was to bring a warboss instead of a second weirdboy in there. That will force him to push up the board even a little.

>>43971522
The boss it the only one that gets the rerolls but the +1 WS is for the entire unit including the boss.

You can't have multiple relics on the same character with the orks codex, but the DSS is fantastic for its price as long as you're not bringing anything else.
>>
>>43971827

At your local Games Workshop or Black Library dot com :^)
>>
>>43971751
The shiny shoota is 5 points vs 3 for a TL shoota! If you're not bringing a different relic and you like having a fancy gun on your warboss then why the fuck aren't you bringing it?
>>
>>43971264
One day I will start an ebay ork army because the boyz look so awesome. too bad they suck so hard.
>>
>>43971522
>>43971751
Well I was going to say Orks don't need more ways to kill themselves, but after looking at the shiny shoota. It's twinlinked and you have to roll a 1 after the twinlinked misses for it to actually hurt you, and its only 5 points so the"too many points" part isn't there either. So give it a shot if you've got the points I guess?
>>
File: $_1.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
Comes with a 5th ed Codex apparently
>>
>>43971909
never underestimate an ork, there's a reason why they keep popping up and destroy swathes of land before they're stopped
>>
>>43971909

I just bought a Green Tide (100 boyz, 10 Nobz, Warboss, Painboy) for $120.

The boyz and nobz aren't all WYSIWYG but I am playing a Green Tide so if someone wants to come at me about that they can just suck a dick.
>>
>>43972063
Orks are freaking awesome. If I was more creative and dedicated I'd run them. My buddy has a radical ork army and im jealous of his skill in making all his cool models
>>
Was there ever an official FAQ for the Ravenwing Strike Force HQ problem? I tried to google for an answer but only found other people looking for the same FAQ.
>>
>>43972143
No, there hasn't been an official FAQ of any kind in over a year. Emails say any biker HQ fills the requirement but doesn't get the Ravenwing rule.
>>
>>43972143
Apparently if you e-mail them they say it's cool to bring other HQs on a bike but no, there's no official FAQ yet.

It's fucking ridiculous how neglected the FAQs are as of now.
>>
>>43972074
>WYSIWYG
Stop playing with faggots, who enforce this nowadays? It's already difficult to find someone with a full painted army to worry about WYSIWYG.
>>
Friend has a good amount of boyz but he's not interested in playing. He used to convert and had a goal of customizing every single boy as that's the fun of the hobby for him, but he's a workaholic and never really stick by any of his "vows" to take the hobby back up. Never finds the time and even if he does, he either does other shit or just spends it browsing.

He might give me all his stuff as he told me a few times. Meaning I'll get roughly 1k points of ork infantry (he had bought 2 AobRs and another helping of the ork stuff so a fair few boyz, nobz, deffkoptas, a converted killa kan (SM looted dread) and 2 Deff Dreads along with a metric fuckton of bits.

What do I do? Orks don't interest me in the slightest and I have 4 armies as it is. Rather he keeps 'em for memories or auction them.
>>
File: wot2.jpg (69 KB, 563x587) Image search: [Google]
wot2.jpg
69 KB, 563x587
>>43971848
>cant take multiple relics on your boss

Its not enough that theyre statistically inferior they cant even get the proper gubbinz compared to other generic hq's with several different flavours of guns, swords and saves?
>>
>>43972190
Under a year. Last faq I believe was in January.
>>
>>43972208
Tell him that? If he doesnt budge tell him to sit down for 30-60 mintues with them and if he still doesnt want them then YOU take them
>>
>>43972245
I did and he might, just he tends to be hardheaded.
>>
File: Tunnel gitz rule.jpg (93 KB, 750x521) Image search: [Google]
Tunnel gitz rule.jpg
93 KB, 750x521
How would you buff orkz, /tg/?
>>
>>43972307
just like an ork
>>
>>43972337
Yup. He's got plenty of family from Newcastle too, so he's even got the attitude.
>>
>>43972335
Give them the old mob rule, all Nob units and Nobz have 4+sv, cybork is 5++, GorkaMorkanauts are SHV and can fire their weapons twice if they stay still.
>>
>>43971423
>un-nerf the dragons
No

Just make all the CSM options better instead. GW already sold enough dragons.

>>43972199
>who enforce this nowadays
If we can't tell what your models are equipped with with a degree of ease, you need to model them at least in a way to make it so. Otherwise it doesn't matter
Unless you're one of those faggots that goes "Oh the powerfist/melta gun was on this guy, not the one you killed"
>>
>>43971736
StarPhantoms are the best drop poding army
>>
>>43972335
Orks have access to every vehicle/ weapon/unit in the game. Points are 20% reduced but wounds/hp/ bs is 1/3 reduced.
>>
>>43972335
Kill the mob rule table off and give them stubborn in close combat and stubborn with a bosspole which also gives a LD reroll in CQC. +1 LD all around on the HQs too.

CQC invulns and proper vehicle looting would be sweet. Turning Ghazghkull into a monstrous creature as well would be a fantastic buff for the big guy.

I don't even want much I just want them to be good at what they're meant to be good at.
>>
>>43970784
Grav Guns or something more flavorful like posessed plasma fusils.

Revert the dreadclaw back to being an assault vehicle drop pod (currently it has to hover) and put it in the fucking codex.

Legion traits / build your own warband trait chart.

Cheaper cultists, or mixed squads like the badab war lists (champions leading traitor guard, etc ).

Better psychic powers for the chaos gods, re-add collar of khorne and runes of khorne to disrupt psykers.

End the must challenge all day everyday or limit it to khorne.

More DOOMRIDAH

Have Fabulous Bile fucking do something.

Unfuck Huron Blackheart's wargear and have him tear Abbadon's fucking heart out so that emo faggot that literally can't even Cadia gets suck as a shitty deamon prince.
>>
>>43972388
>"Oh the powerfist/melta gun was on this guy, not the one you killed"
These types are cancer. Instant blacklist if anyone does this to me
>If we can't tell what your models are equipped with with a degree of ease, you need to model them at least in a way to make it so.
Yes. If the wargear can be made to resemble the options you're taking without causing damage to your models or stress to you (having to redo a shitload more painting because you just mutilated your dudes) then good. If it's too difficult or unfeasible to do, having the rim painted with a description of the wargear is sufficient, at least for me.

So if your modeled flamers are meltaguns, paint "MELTA" on their rims and explain to your opponent beforehand. Obviously though, don't make your entire army that way and try to homogenize (in a squad of 5 terminators, don't mix and match. They all have TH/SS or dual LCs not a mix of both for example).

Really it just boils down to 1) Have common sense and 2) be considerate
>>
>>43972478
You mean dont be an asshole?

Fuck me, thats gonna be hard.I really wanted to get a good whiff of my taint today.
>>
>>43972446
>ork warboss with stormshield, 2+ armor, eldar jetbike, and blackmace

by khorne, how thrilling
>>
>>43972516
Feels good sometimes, but I only shit on players who turn out to be assholes themselves.
>>
File: blood axe boss.jpg (112 KB, 772x1000) Image search: [Google]
blood axe boss.jpg
112 KB, 772x1000
>>43972527
>models like this become complete WYSIWYG
oh baby
>>
File: 1441474048481.jpg (626 KB, 966x1286) Image search: [Google]
1441474048481.jpg
626 KB, 966x1286
>>43972584
>>43972527
If only, even if it doesn't go that far they still need proper rules for looted vehicles. I'd love to do a looted knight titan at some point, but ill be damned if i'd run it as a "looted wagon" av 11 truck. Even as a stompa it wouldn't feel right.
>>
>>43970784
Split it into Codex: Renagades and Codex: Legions of Chaos. The former is basically just a supplement for Codex: Space Marines that allows you to take a variety of restrictions to gain access to Chaos shit. Also has rules for non-Chaos tainted renegades.

Chaos Legions assumes that every marine in the army is either an original legionnaire or someone that's spent enough time with them to be virtually indistinguishable.
>>
File: 85645647.jpg (139 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
85645647.jpg
139 KB, 338x507
>>43972711
>be a chaos lord of 9k years
>finally manage to outsmart a keeper and make a daemon weapon after 200 years
>get my hands on a chaos sigil after trading off 500 slaves
>freshly polished power armor with brand new bits that took literally 100 loyalists to kill without damaging their armor too much
>find out some podunk ork warboss just picked up some trash that looks just like my wargear
>oi dats some nice gubbins ya got there
>mfw
>>
>>43972711
Why the fuck are you even considering a looted wagon as an option? Knights can be allied in and come the apocalypse isn't even really an issue after deployment with that 12" movement. Job done.
>>
File: Tidewall2.png (138 KB, 767x406) Image search: [Google]
Tidewall2.png
138 KB, 767x406
Can you deploy sections of a Tidewall without having to bring the whole pack?
>>
>>43971073
>>43971015
>>43970982
You can make a better-than-LoW Wolf Lord for bout 190 points.

Wolf Lord: 105 points
Storm Shield (3++): 15 points
Black Death (+2S AP2 +3A when out numbered): 25 points
Thunder Wolf (+1S +1T +1W +1A +Rending to all melee attacks) 50 points

So, base Wofl Lord is S4 T4 W3 I4 A4.
So, Thunder Wolf makes him S5 T5 W4 I4 A5. Then Black Death makes him S7 T5 W4 I4 A5(+3 if out numbered). Counter-Attack means he always has +1A, whether he charges or not. So he's S7 T5 W4 I4 A5(+1)(+3 if out numbered). All at AP2. Plus Rending. Though you do hit last due to Unwieldy, but you should be taking 3 TWC with Stormshields to be your wound buddies (which will mean you're still likely to outnumber most units). Your lord can weather attacks with T5 W4 3+/3++, so I wouldn't be too worried. Just avoid Power Claws and Demolisher Cannons. It's a shame you can't tip him to T6. Obviously Eternal Warrior would be amazing.

If you want to spend 40 more points, you can give him Furious Charge (So +1S on charge, to him and his unit) which would make him S8 AP2 Rending. It also gives him Rage, so he gets +1A on the charge. Making him do 7A on the charge and 10A when charging outnumbered. That costs 40 points.

But 195 points or so for S7 T5 W4 A5(+1)(+3) is pretty sexy at AP2 Rending.

You could always drop the Black Death for that other sword.
>>
So, does anybody like the old Assault Marine models more than the new ones? Or is that just me?
>>
Hey 40k gen, Im downsizing my collection and the Nids gotta go, how much should I set for minimum bid in ebay? Ive never sold a whole army at once before.

The army is ~2400 points, retail is $1300. Its all built and cleaned, ready to be primed.
>>
>>43973054
If it's all unpainted then about 60% of retail.
>>
>>43971848
>>43972216
For some reason, Orks and Necrons aren't allowed multiple relics on one dude from their main codex. However, you CAN give a guy a relic from main dex + Supplement(s).

For example, Necron Lord can take Voidreaper + that +1S to shooting + melee + re-roll failed 1 saves item.

Ork can take, err, Lucky Stikk + Orkimedies Cybork Relic thing. Or whatever.
>>
>>43972478
Or, you know, magnetize the gun or get some bits and make a dude with the correct weapon. I don't know how good of a system painting the wargear on the base for every game is.
>>
>>43973084
this
>>
>>43972945
and that's exactly what I'll do if and when it happens. The knight was a bad example, just saying there should be a rule or template for looting things in the codex.
>>
>>43973054
If you have the time, sell it piecemeal. Would mostly bring much more money.
Be aware that it propably means having to make lots of packages
>>
File: Flyin orks.jpg (121 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Flyin orks.jpg
121 KB, 1024x576
Ok, downloading the Ork codex to see how bad it is, I may as well give you a running commentary. I'm not trying to win a tourney I just want some cool ork stuff.

>All these units fighting for HQ space
I want a Warboss, a painboy and a weird boy. Without looking at points costs or wargear it's a shame I would have to pick and choose. I want the boss with painboy for an orky command squad but that weird boy looks so cheap and fun to use, lets look if there's a detachment...

>Ork horde detachment
Oh this is good for what I want! But no objective secured and the greenskin hordes special rule sucks. Three troops choices doesn't sound too bad as I would like a nice horde type army but lets check out what powers my weird boy can take.

>Ork powers
Frazzle looks pretty gud.
Headbanger, a focused witchfire on a BS2 model? take a single toughness test? u wot?
Warpath is ok I guess, should at least give them fleet.
Da Jump is gate to infinity but worse? also I suspect if I put him in a horse deep striking would be a bitch to pull off, maybe mega-nobs?
Kill bolt is pretty killy but at 2 warp charges it better fucking be.
Power vomit is just kill bolt but with less range, strength and tactical flexibility.
Da krunch looks extreamly meh for 2 charges even if it wasn't on a BS2 character, I'm not sure I would call it bad but I defiantly wouldn't call it good.
Overall the weirdboy doesn't seem bad for his points, ya get what you pay for.

>So how about them troops
Egads, 60 points for 10 boys, that's more expensive than a guard squad while having worse armor and leadership. Without some way to up their leadership they're going to be failing ALOT of panic tests and that leadership isn't coming from the nob I see.
Other than that and the infamous I2 they guys look pretty amazing, 3 attacks (including the +1 from 2cc) s3 furious charge, 4 point armour isn't too bad but would kill the idea of having Ork hordes, the shootas look worth it I guess... (cont)
>>
File: [Pathfinding Intensifies].gif (323 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
[Pathfinding Intensifies].gif
323 KB, 434x434
Exactly how anal are people about WYSIWYG? Because I want to buy some second hand models, but they don't have the wargear I wanna give them.
>>
>>43972199
Its not as simple as black and white.
>>
>>43973158
depends on the person, i don't have an issue with it. only time i had an issue with a fella was when i played against a white scar player who painted everything but his chaptermaster the same. it was like looking at zebras running
>>
>>43973158
It varies with groups. My experience has been that nobody really cares as long as you make it clear what's what and things aren't confusing.

An important thing to pay attention to would be making sure the other guy doesn't forget and make a tactical mistake because he thought models were armed differently.
>>
>>43973144
You cannot use a mob of boys with a nob with a bosspole(good fucking luck otherwise) so you mightas well bump up each squad 15 points
>>
>>43973198
Not a WYSIWYG issue, but I laughed at the mental image.
>>
File: Doom Rocks Edit.jpg (113 KB, 444x611) Image search: [Google]
Doom Rocks Edit.jpg
113 KB, 444x611
>>43973208
Well, they all have the default wargear (Chainswords and bolt pistols), and I wanna give them hand flamers.

So I guess I'll just paint the flamers differently from the pistols?
>>
>>43973176
Or course it is. As an example, if I'm pro-WYSIWYG, that means I'm for reasonable WYSIWYG and use the worst examples of no WYSIWYG as what WYSIWYG would be if you didn't believing in its use. And if you're anti-WYSIWYG, you're for reasonable WYSIWYG, but use the worst examples of rules lawyering as what WYSIWYG would be if it was upheld.

Ergo, you're not for reasonable WYSIWYG the way I see it, thus you are wrong. And I'm not for reasonable WYSIWYG as you see it, thus you are wrong.
>>
>>43973226
it was an impressive job, my own army is like 30-40% done at any point but i was asking each turn which unit was which.
>>
>>43973292
That's really easy to fix if you just cut off the hand/gun and stick a hand flamer in place.
>>
>>43973308
WYSIWYG
>>
File: But it do.jpg (110 KB, 463x573) Image search: [Google]
But it do.jpg
110 KB, 463x573
>>43973331
Yeah, but then I'll have to get the bits, and spend all of 25 cents.

t. a lazy fuck
>>
Any good conversions for cyclic ion blasters and airbursting frag projectors now that they're not unique wargear? Either could be really good in low points game Farsight detachments.
>>
>>43973144
>too many HQs
It's a pain all orks know, that and heavysupport are so crowded it's not even funny
I recently found mogroks boss boys formation from sactus reach, 3 bigs meks a warboss and a weirdboy. it also lets you outflank d3 units, outflanking a trukk with burnas is so good. ally in a CAD with a painboy and you've got all the flexibility you need
>>
File: Khorne Orks.jpg (384 KB, 1507x752) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Orks.jpg
384 KB, 1507x752
>>43973144
18" is bad sure but that's still 1 more s4 shot than a bolter at the 12-18 range. But I guess when you factor in their leadership and BS and point cost I'm not so sure anymore. Rokkits and Big shooters look pretty good for only 5 points even with their BS factored in. for that 10 point upgrade you get nice stats, shame the squad wont live to see combat. lets look at some rules for them!

>Boss pole and mob rule
So basically instead of running away when hurt they just kill each other more? but then they will just run away below 10 models anyway if you roll a 1, 5 or 6 on your panic test.
Also I have to add 5 points for the privilege of MAYBE killing more of your own models is joke that everyone but Ork players are laughing at.

>Tank bustas
Just skimming through quickly these guys look awesome and I love their rules but they're still just Orks with t4 6+ and ld7 (for 13 fucking points a model, ouch!)

>Nobs and mega nobs
Why are normal nobs now 18 points a model? Why do nobs with klaws cost more than meganobs with klaws? wait a minute...

>leadership 7
WHY IS FUCKING EVERYTHING LEADERSHIP 7, EVEN A 50 POINT GUARD SQUAD IS 8, DO THEY THINK MOB RULE MAKES UP FOR IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T.
Even the goddamn weird boy is ld 7 and he's the one taking all the perils! only the warboss provides you with any kind of real boost, this is awful! dreadful! I can't imagine how you would get around this problem, a half asleep telepathy psyker could destroy half your army and disable the other half before actually getting his wargear and preparing for battle.

And on a last note
>trukk
Pretty good for it's points

How the hell do Ork players put up with this?
>>
File: IMG_20150817_014259.jpg (152 KB, 673x380) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150817_014259.jpg
152 KB, 673x380
>>43973020
Mfw the old saga of the bear from the old sagas come back and are wargear again on the new codex
>>
>>43973525
With a lot of trukkz and artillery

Special mention to gorkamorkanaught with a big mek for 5 wounds, IWND, 4+ invuln and repairing hull points weapons and immobilization on a 3+, all this can be yours for 400 points
>>
>>43973525

By being true Orks, mah boi.

But yes there are major problems with the book.
It was a copy-paste job that they didn't even copy-paste all the way.

I'm starting to get pretty sick of the Tau players in my area getting super excited every time the Shooting phase ends and it's time for me to have to start rolling Ld tests.
>>
>>43972398
All their rules are FW only though, aren't they? FW isn't allowed in a lot of 40k games here. Most of us save the FW for 30k here.
>>
>>43973525
I guess Orks are violent enough that Khorne makes them civilized.
>>
>>43973659

>Paying over 400 points for a non-Superheavy that disappears to a Melta

Come on man, I know our book is bad but you can't be that out of touch to think that's good.
>>
What do I need for a good 500 point Salamander army for casual play?
>>
>>43973659
>all this can be yours for 400 points
What a deal!
>>
>>43973663
>I'm starting to get pretty sick of the Tau players in my area getting super excited every time the Shooting phase ends and it's time for me to have to start rolling Ld tests.

In case you haven't guessed from my constant talk of guardsmen I play guard, you know what I can buy for 25 points? leadership 9, stubborn and I don't just get a reroll, I can choose to automatically pass the check and it only costs me 1 wound.

>>43973659
He better have good weapons because right now he just sounds like a pimped out greater daemon but more expensive.
>>
>>43973760
Whats the fluff behind that? Does it only cost you a wound because the Commissar goes BLAM?
>>
>>43973760
Greater demons are faster, more mobile, can take spell levels, are more resilient, and if you're KDK they're free and generate points to give you more free greater demons or feel no pain on your whole army.

Seriously a BT will fill up your tithe faster than a public use hooker in the game store toilet
>>
>>43973671
>All their rules are FW only though, aren't they? FW isn't allowed in a lot of 40k games here. Most of us save the FW for 30k here.

You realize the Imperial Armor books are full of units, rules, and lists that are designed for 40k right? Theres no reason to ban that stuff other than jealousy/small dick syndrome. The GW 40k line has way more over the top shit than FW 40k. Of course Eldar are the exception here.
>>
File: s-l1600 (3).jpg (314 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (3).jpg
314 KB, 1600x1200
>>43973020
>10 on the charge
that sounds pretty fun
What worries me though is that it doesn't have a lot of the custom WOLFWOLFWOLF stuff like their sweet dread and no wolf mounted units
>>
>>43973730
Vulkan, two Scout Squads with Combi-melta Sargent, two Assault Squads with two flamers each. Comes out to 480 points. Not sure if that's okay. I have never played in the 500 point range. Always been 1850 points for 40k and 2500 points for 30k here.
>>
>>43973786
Commissar shoots a guy and you automatically pass, 1/3 chance the enemy gets to choose who he shoots but other than the vox caster who gives you rerolls to your leadership 9 test there isn't anyone worthwhile in the massed infantry squad and you buy the 25 points priest with zealot upgrade for the important ones.
>>
File: Boris.png (530 KB, 470x599) Image search: [Google]
Boris.png
530 KB, 470x599
>>43973717
Ive actually had success with it because my area is literally 100% across the table dakka

Melta is never used because its too short ranged, not even suicide melta squads.

>>43973760
haha, you funny guy. Its ballistic skill 2 because everything is

That being said the morkanaut atleast has a lot of guns, 2 TL shootas, 2 plasma cannons(one blast), 2 rokkit launchas

The gorkanaut has rampage and a sweet deffstorm shoota which is 3d6 shots at str 6 but orkz live and breath anti infantry so its unneeded.

Good luck footslogging 13 av across the board into melee anyways
>>
>>43973308

Wow you seem like a fun guy.

>eyeroll.jpg
>>
>>43973878
According the what is said here, they say it's a balance issue.
>>
>>43973525
The best way to win with orks is to present so many threats they cant stop them all, but then you run into the mob rule, but to be honest the old mob rule didn't do much for MSU anyways
Or you can go full green tide and deal with that huge pain in the ass to play.
>>
>>43973908
>2 TL shootas, 2 plasma cannons(one blast), 2 rokkit launchas
Jesus christ is that all? I get an av 14/13/11 tank with 5 plasma cannons and a lascannon for 195 points, 210 for +1 cover save (so a 3+ parked in ruins).

Orks please, this is just getting sad.
>>
>>43973978
I only played Orks once and got fucking smoked. Granted it was 2v1 where my Salamander buddy and I each had 1850 and he had 3600 and I didn't really know how to play and we never rolled higher than a 3 and he never rolled lower than a 5
>>
>>43973760

I play Guard too.

For 25 points just take a Priest instead.
He's better in almost every way.

But yeah the fishfaces act almost insulted any time I actually manage to make my Ld test.
This includes the Fear test from all of their Riptides and Ghostkeels who cause Fear for whatever reason because fuck you I guess.
>>
>>43973985
Yeah but your tank doesnt look fucking radical
>>
>>43973962
What is the issue? FW has just as many bad units as good. And outside of Eldar, very few OP units, and the only formations are for Apoc.

There is no legitimate reason to ban FW. Someone waving their hand and mumbling something about balance is pretty much exactly what I'd expect from a tard that bans FW.
>>
>>43973659
>>43973908
this guy gets it, for every game I've lost the morkanaught to an explodes result, ive had AT LEAST as many that it was one of the only things left and protected my mob of boys running up the table.
>>
>>43974022
Are Guards fun? I'd love to make a Guard army with run belt colors but I lack time, money, and talent to do so
>>
>>43974062
No, you just castle up in the corner with a parking lot and try to shoot everything to death.

You'll kill weak lists and get rolled by "competitive" lists
>>
>>43973886
10 if you're outnumbered, as S8 AP2 Rending. But that costs about 235 points. Plus, if somebody shoots a Demolisher Cannon at you, you're going to need to past that 3++ or you're dead. Thankfully there isn't many dudes who can one hit you. Lysander can. Blood Angels can't, due to S4x2+1 not S4+1x2. Erm. Power Klaws could, but I think they're Unwieldy too so you hit first due to superior I, which should see any Ork Warboss build killed (Even if you duel him, you'll be hitting 6 Strength 7 AP2 Rending hits at WS5) but if you don't, you're in trouble. If you can't charge or be outnumbered, you lose 4 attacks in total.

Oh and if you REALLY want, you can drop the Stormshield and get a Lightning Claw, which means you then get +1A, meaning you do 11 attacks at S8 AP2 Rending no the charge + outnumbered. It also allows you to switch to LC, but you can only do 8A at S6 AP3 Rending. But you don't do it at I1.
>>
where can i get a good volume of 40k books to read 40kGeneral?
>>
>>43974119
Torrents, thrift shops
>>
>>43974119
Barnes and Noble has a good selection
at least my local one does but their books are GW pricey I'd honestly just look on Amazon
>>
>>43974104
Oh and if you want to spend another 45 points, so basically being 280 points, you can get 2+/4++ Armour, you gain Relentless but can't do Sweeping Advances. The main reason thou? You get It Will Not Die.

Which means you can drop that Stormshield (so you're 265, not 280 now, but lose 3++) but then you can get that Lightning Claw or a Pistol or something.
>>
File: how.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2624) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2624
Contingent headquarters
Commander-two plasma rifles, drone controller, target lock, neuroweb system jammer-130

Hunder cadre
Commander-two burst cannons, xv84 suit, drone controller, advanced targeting system, 2 marker drones-160

12 xeno fire warrior team-Shas'ui-118
12 xeno fire warrior team-Shas'ui, support drone-128
10 xeno fire warrior team-shas'ui, pulse carbines, guardian drone-112

2 crisis suits-4 plasma rifes, 2 CDS, 4 gun drones-162
2 crisis suits-4 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, 4 gun drones-162

10 pathfinders-110

Sniper drones-3 extra drones, one extra spotter-116

Optimized stealth cadre:
Ghostkeel-fusion blasters, positional relay, CDS-150
Stealth team-6 suits, 2 fusion blasters, 2 target locks, shas'vre w/ homing beacon-220
Stealth team-3 suits, shas'vre w/ homing beacon-110

Drone-net:
10 gun drones-140
5 marker drones-70
4 shield drones-56
4 gun drones-56

HOW IS IT THAT I STILL DON'T OWN ENOUGH DRONES TO PLAY MY FUCKING ARMY
HOW
>>
>>43974045
Eh. Maybe it's cuz I have been doing the TT wargaming part of Warhammer for a little over three months now so I am new, but idk what's really bad. Only kinda miffed though that I had to trade my CSM units because I couldn't make a good army without Nurgle Daemon Prince cheese or FW units, and even then I wasn't that pissed cuz I got good deals for the models I needed afterwards and also now get my CSM fix from my Word Bearers 30k army (and soon hopefully what will be a Thousand Sons army, too.)

Anyway, I am not seeing it. How are Star Phantoms the absolute best at Deep Striking? Their Chapter Tactics have the exact same thing I dislike about Ultramarines Chapter Tactics, they are like amazing for one turn, and then nothing after that. It's the 40k equivalent of premature ejaculation or something.
>>
>>43974062

Yeah it's pretty fun.
They're solid mid-tier right now and it doesn't seem like that'll change with their next update.

One of the most interesting things about the way the Guard Codex works is that you can run a surprisingly large variety in lists.
From Mechanized Infantry, to Armored Company, to Infantry blobs you have a lot to work with.

It's just expensive as all get out.
>>
>>43974062
Only if you ally in inquisitors for some "human stat line fuck yeah!" hi-jinks like having a human with a storm shield block block all of an imperial knights S D attacks because he wasn't luck enough to roll a 6.
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (266 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
266 KB, 1600x1200
>>43974104
>Lysander
Fucking love that man. If this Space Wolves thing doesn't pan out I'm definitely going to finish that Imperial Fist army I had planned
>>43974179
>getting another season
thats just dandy
>>
>>43974062
I play melee guard, using blobs, conscripts and some fire support behind them. It's like playing orks that don't suck
I used to play orks.
I don't play orks anymore.
Mostly due to the 5th-6th edition change that made my commandos COMPLETELY USELESS
>>
File: Primus-Redoubt-Double-Laser.jpg (140 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Primus-Redoubt-Double-Laser.jpg
140 KB, 800x680
>>43974219
Yeah, I think Lysander is pretty cool. I also like Imperial Fists tactics on defences and stuff, but I hate Yellow paintjobs and I didn't like Dorn as he was a stupid fuck.

Which is a shame. I like Black Templars thou, but they're not really into the whole "build fortifications and defend them" thing.

Funnily enough, I would say Blood Angels are better are defending shit than other chapters, since they held Imperial Palace with Imperial Fists and still ahd the numbers to go into a psycho rage counter-attack.

But, on table top, they're obviously not viable.

I suppose Ad Mech and Tau are the most defensive potential guys. Ad Mech due to decent guns (but I don't think they can reinforce stuff like Techmarines can) and Tau are obvious.

I wanted to make a huge fort with loads of these.
>>
How do you figure out your own play style?
>>
>>43974582
Play games
>>
File: Crimsonfistslogo.jpg (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
Crimsonfistslogo.jpg
32 KB, 337x338
>>43974574
Yeah I'm painting my Imp Fists orange and blue instead of yellow
They also suffer from "always second to Ultramarines"
Crimson Spics are pretty cool too
>>
>>43974574
Also, forgot to say, it's design is so stupid. Those bits on the edge remove a huge amount of potential turning angle, why have they done that? I don't get it, but I'd worry about cutting it.

I'd probably get a re-caster to get the guns and make my own positions.
>>
>>43974601
>orange and blue

My autism has been triggered. Might as well run them as Crimson Fists and have Lysander repaint his armour to go help them or something.

But, they're ur dudes.
>>
File: Imperial_Fists_Livery.jpg (21 KB, 342x289) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Fists_Livery.jpg
21 KB, 342x289
>>43974624
Yeah I know but It was the closest I could get to yellow and yellow and red seemed like a bitch to paint and I'm already so fucking bad at it
>>
>>43974598
With what? What if I choose an army that doesn't work for me and I lose all the time?
>>
>>43974668
You should have at least a vague idea what you want to play and how you want to play it.
If you chose and army that doesn't work for you and you only lose with, then you probably got suckered into jumping into 40k headfirst rather than slowly.
>>
File: IF_Cpt_Darnath_Lysander.jpg (383 KB, 563x789) Image search: [Google]
IF_Cpt_Darnath_Lysander.jpg
383 KB, 563x789
>>43974668
Borrow from friends and kindly old timers
Get a general idea of what faction you want to play this makes speez easy since all their shit is pretty transferable even if you wanna go to a specfic codex
though I'm new myself and spent way to much money
>>
>>43974661
Fair enough man.
>>
any Eldar players here? I want to see how did you paint your guardians.
>>
>>43974753
I was also thinking of making multiple tact squads different colors but I'm worried how'd it look on the battlefield
Like one classic Imp Fist another Crimson Spic and another the orange blue I mentioned
>>
>>43973659
>400pts

That's awful though. Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell on the Internet.
>>
>>43974668
This is the Salamanderfag from earlier.I'm currently trying to get in too. I started by buying a Command Squad at my FLGs, met some people, etc. Then over the course of the last year or so I've been steadily buying more and more models. I picked up a Dreadnought for around 15 bucks, I picked up a tactical squad assembled and primed for 19. With upgrades and effectively saying fuck you to dedicated transport right now, I've got a 500 point army for maybe a total of 70 dollars carefully spent over around a year. Space Marines seem to be a great army to start with, so long as you know that you want to play some kind of Imperial army, mostly due to Ally rules. Newbie advice (Which should be taken with a grain of salt) is pick an army you like the fluff of, that way even if you hate the playstyle, you at least have your dudes, plus if they're compatible with something you want to play, you can ally them. My end goal is to build a 2000 pointer with Salamanders, IG, and Nuns-With-Gunz.
>>
>>43974668

When I started to play people were super helpful lending models and coaching me. At 500 points my first two times of going to the shop I got to play:

Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Space Wolves
Necrons

Against:

Orks
Dark Eldar
Necron
Grey Knights

So I saw a fair bit of armies. This probably isn't the usual case but I ended up choosing Dark Angels because I wanted a mobile hit and run army.

Read the tactica on 1dchan it actually isn't terrible all the time.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (6 MB, 4920x3232) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
6 MB, 4920x3232
>>43974574
>but they're not really into the whole "build fortifications and defend them" thing.

And yet they probably have more forts to their name than Imperial Fists.
>>
>>43974857
not him but also remember there is more to the game than the meta and even that changes though we are not due for one for awhile
>>
Do machine spirits of say Land Raiders take traits from the chapter of their origin? Would a IF Land Raider act like an Imperial Fist?
>>
>>43974880
I haven't managed to actually play the army yet, but I'm getting pretty hyped. My friend is trying to assemble a Tyranid army with the Hive Tyrant she bought, supplemented with some Termagaunts we managed to get for cheap second hand. We're gonna try to do Kill Team where my Salamanders all have Flamers and we play a game of "Burn the Bugs"
>>
>>43974858
White Scars might be more your thing then
>>
>>43974929
>she
>nids

Figures
>>
>>43974929
sounds fun
Kinda like Space Hulk
>>
>>43974941

Nah I had looked into White Scars and found Ravenwing more what I was looking for.

My 1000 point list will be done by next week and I have been borrowing bikes and landspeeders in the meantime and it has worked great.
>>
>>43974818
Ulthwe black guardians for me.

A lot of black, red and bone.
>>
>>43974929
Fucking chicks and nids goddamnit.
>>
GENTLEMEN, A QUESTION!

would the game suffer if everything went highlander. What I mean by that is only one of anything allowed to be fielded, except basic troops and their transport options?

P.S. sisters would be boned, but could continue to use IoM allies, so not really.
>>
>>43974943
Yes. We've had this discussion before. Women like their tentacled space bug lizard things. It kinda makes sense to me though, since they're not really pandering like Nunz with Gunz or anything. Plus, this girl in particular really likes lizards, so they were kinda the obvious choice.
>>
>>43975004

Dark Eldar and Orks would be fucked. Eldar would be almost unaffected. Guard would be unplayable.
>>
>>43975004
Yes. The units that SHOULD be repeated a lot aren't the issue, it's the big fuckers that you only really need one of that put a strain on the game.
>>
>>43971461
>I get orks or fun but this man gives zero fucks about losing.

playing orks, thats probably for the best....
>>
>>43975004
Formations already serve this role. Formations provide people with an actual army a reason to play.
>>
>>43972379
make them superheavy and they cant be used together in a dreadmob list. Give them a rule that makes them immune to the explodes result. Good enough for me.
>>
>>43974603
>why have they done that?
Because it's a forward-facing emplacement that isn't designed to be a stand-alone fortress, but a bunker/firepoint in a much larger chain of fortifications. At the end of the day, things large enough to merit a Turbolaser being expended on them is most likely large enough to be targeted at a distance where that angle is not as detrimental. I would also imagine it is so attackers cannot then use the emplacement against the defenders because they can't turn the gun inward.

In a "real fortress," there's like dozens of these at different points to cover different avenues of approach.

it's also to limit the FUCK YOU of the weapon on the tabletop and actually give it a weakness
>>
So my buddy plays Daemons and Chaos Space Marines and is getting me to play. Naturally I choose Grey Knights because he is a fucking heretic.

So I far I bought two boxes of Strike Squad and two boxes of Terminators. I am still unsure which HQ to get and was thinking Librarian but not sure the best way to kit him out.

I also want to get one or two of those sweet Nemesis Knights.

Looking at a Rhino for Strike Squad and maybe some Paladins to run with the Librarian.

If I do get Paladins then Interceptor squad would be a must right?

He already has 1850 points of daemon and 1500 of CSM. For now I just want an HQ and maybe a transport or to for ~750 games working up to 1250-1500 as soon as I can hold my ground mechanically.
>>
>>43975171
I can't wait to hear the logic behind that idea.
>>
>>43975004
Yes it would.

I feel these sorts of restrictions people try to impose upon the game shouldn't be necessary as long as you don't play with utter faggots.

I want to field my three guardian squads.
>>
Are land raider redeemers and terminator assault squads worth their points?
>>
>>43973365
I remember when grenades were the size of coins and hiding them in one's wallet was acceptable. I remember when boltguns had many, many styles.
>>
>>43975077

Idk he brought a hundred storm boyz in our last 1850 game and it was more annoying then funny to a point.
>>
>>43975204
>Chaos daemons vs Grey Knights.

You lucky fucker, with your interesting meta.

Closest I got was that one time my guardians got charged by noise marines and I went "oh holy shit I get to use ancient doom!!!"

I still lost.
>>
>>43975218
ramshackle monstrosity.

parts fall off n shit. 5 point upgrade. immune to getting booty blasted for more than one hull point per attack. smack a ho.
>>
>>43975204
A librarian is a good bet. One you learn more how you want to play them, you can add whatever.

>Nemesis Knights
You'll never use more than two, so don't go crazy

Use your strikes as purifiers instead, take termies as your troops.

An intercept squad can be helpful, but paladins are pretty terrible. You're better off just taking more terminators.

Make sure to take psycannons on your termies, A few incinerators on them and other units never hurt either, they very good.

GK are a cheap army to play. Keep an eye on ebay for cheap deals, if you get one of two boxes new you should have all the weapon bits you would need.

>>43975242
A redeemer can easily make up for it's cost. Just move 12 and turbo for another 6 on your first turn.
Termies with storm shields can last a long time, long enough to let your other forces make it or they can always beat stuff to death on their own.
>>
>>43975319
Nah mate.

That's not the same as flat out ignoring blowing up. I'd accept that as a form of invuln or whatever, but the notion of a baneblade or a knight suffering from the explodes result while your pile of volatile munitions on wheels with a driver gets to ignore it is silly.
>>
>>43975285
I play Chaos Daemons and a guy at my store plays Grey Knights. I love fighting him.
>>
>>43975319
Nah man, the first bit. How would you not be able to take two in that formation if they were superheavies?
>>
>>43975204

At 1000 points you can run something like:

>ML3 Librarian with Bone Shard of Solor (cause fuck your friend)

>10 Strike Squad in a Rhino

>10 Terminators

>1 Dreadknight

Kit out the termis and strike and you are right near 1000 points I think.

What >>43975324 said, more termis the better.
>>
>>43975382
How do matches play out? I have never seen a daemon vs Grey Knight match. There are two GK players in my meta but no daemon players.
>>
>>43975204

Instead of what >>43975417 said you can take 2 x10 Termis with 2 Psycannons with a ML2 Librarian with Bone Shard and a Dread Knight for 1000 points even.
>>
File: Filthyhalforc.png (429 KB, 522x786) Image search: [Google]
Filthyhalforc.png
429 KB, 522x786
>>43975285

I played a 2v2 all Ork game at 3000 points a side AMA
>>
Should I use BaC to start 40k Raptors or Imperial fists?
>>
>>43975520
WAAAGH
>>
>>43975522
Imperial Fists.
>>
>>43975522
Pretty opposed ideological viewpoints there.

Which do you like more and why?
>>
>>43975522
Sigismund will make you so goddamn proud.
>>
>>43975534

It was beautiful, I only have 1250 points so I played with an 1750 Warbiker list with that bad ass forgeworld biker against a Blitzbrigade and a Burna Trukk list. We had everyone watching us.

It was great because the two way more experienced Ork Players really were insightful to me and the other newer guy.
>>
>>43975626
I feel as though the majority of fights in the 41st millennium are Ork vs Ork
>>
>>43975548
Imp Fists are cool and doesn't afraid of enenythang
>>
>>43975522
Keep in mind that one of the biggest draws of raptors is Lias Issodon and he cannot be used in the Gladius unless you ok it with your opponent first.
>>
>>43975647
This is now part of my head canon.
>>
File: Slaanesh_mark.png (26 KB, 136x134) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh_mark.png
26 KB, 136x134
>>43974943
>>43975036
I can agree on girls liking the nids on the grounds of being one.

Aesthetically they don't have any overt sexualization which many girls may not be comfortable with. I don't mind some sexiness personally but that's just me.

Only reasons I don't play them is that I love my Slaaneshi Daemons, I hate the current Synapse Rules, and Nids don't have a lot of character imo.

>>43975421
I play primarily Slaaneshi/Tzeentch Daemons and tend to have a lot of warp charges. He's the only other player in my local meta with any amount of Warp charges so that's fun.

Typically It's down to Warp storms and the Psychic Phase. If he can deny some clutch powers(Invisibility is always a good denial as is a Summoning if it's done in the first 2 rounds) then he's in a good position.

We both play Assault heavy style so typically beyond that it's down to mission type and rolls.

I tend to be favored in Maelstrom thanks to Slaaneshi movement, but he crushes on kill points.

I think hes like 5 wins up on me right now.

Surprisingly he's the one that I have the most 50:50 chance with. Most other list in my meta either crush me or get crushed.

Of course there was the time I rolled on the Warp storm Turn 1 and tabled myself after failing every roll. Not sure if that one counts.
>>
>>43975647
Well, there sure are a lot of them. And they are a pretty belligerent lot. Quite possible. I like it.
>>
>The ship shuddered and torpedoes, loaded as the ship achieved a stable orbit around Perdita, raced forward. Forged on Halfus, half a segmentum away, the torpedoes acted
like frag grenades. Halfus-pattern torpedoes were notoriously effective against tyranid swarms, originally seeing use on Deathwatch vessels. Since that world’s fall to the Tau Empire, the torpedoes were rare and
precious things. The Golden Promise only carried four.
Of course. Of course something good for the Imperium just had to go away and become rare. Remove Tau for taking away something nice. Take back Halfus.
>>
I've been fooling around with Decurion equivalents with SMs and Eldar and I find them annoyingly restrictive. The requirements generally totally fill up even a 2000 point list, leaving little room for allying in a second codex for flavor.
>>
>>43975704
This is my biggest gripe with the Guardian Battleforce actually. It's annoying as sometimes I feel I can't take more than one auxiliary at a time. If I do take more then I have to cut into my core and I feel like I am nerfing myself.
>>
>>43975626

Hey I am having my first 1000 point game this weekend and run a Burna Trukk list too. Would love some critique if you have any:

HQ

Warlord Warboss (94pts)
Bosspole,'Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Shoota

Big Mek (119pts)
Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour, Kustom Force Field, Power Klaw

Elites

Burna Boyz (206pts)
11x Burna Boy

Trukk
Rokkit Launcha

Troops

Boyz (146pts)
Boss Nob
Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota
10x Shoota Boy

Trukk
Rokkit Launcha

Boyz (153pts)
Boss Nob with Bosspole, Power Klaw
11x Shoota Boy

Trukk
Rokkit Launcha

Fast Attack

3x3 Twin Linked Rokkits Deffkoptas (90pts)

988/1000
>>
>>43975697
Halfus is near the heart of the septs, though, isn't it? I mean, maybe a suicidal Mechanicus strike force could bust in, grab the STC data, and get the tech-priest out while the Skitarii covered their escape.

This would make a fun campaign.
>>
File: IMG_0292.png (4 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.png
4 MB, 1600x1200
How Skitarii? I haven't played since 2006 and these mother fuckers look super cool. Are they viable on their own, or do I need to ally them with something else?
>>
>>43975884
Or be a bunch of sneaky gits and steal it back without making the Tau aware of it. Then poison the air to remove Tau as a middle finger. Make them think it's cursed or something. But GW would probably have the Tau deny the Imperium such a valuable anti-Tyranid weapon. If that happens there better be an angry tech priest strangling the tau that did it.
>>
>>43975914
Front what I've seen if you use the Skitarii and the Ad Mech stuff you got a pretty solid army. Not much you can do in build diversity but it's got some good firepower.
>>
>>43975914
They're not competitively viable on their own, but you can run a solo game of pure Skitarii just fine. They shine with Cult Mech allies.

Basically, if you can get close enough to something, it will suffer critical existence failure. Until your T3 4+ dudes get wiped, anyway.

They're really, really fun.
>>
>>43975704
i think it's done on purpose to keep people to 1 book, cut back on the allies

>>43975914
they look like a good faction with plenty of options and battle bros, but i've seen plenty of complaints about being guardsmen like with no transports
>>
>>43975914
skitarii units are all pretty solid

cult units as well, electro-priests aside (fucking shame about that, they're awesome looking models)
>>
>>43975944
>not much you can do for build diversity

I never thought so. I usually just run one of the Cult Mech formations, then use Skitarii to fill in everything else. Elimination Maniple and a bunch of Sicarians is a lot of fun.

Oh, and if you have a psyker-heavy meta, you really should take a Culexus along. You won't regret his points.
>>
>>43975974
It's not just allies, you feel limited with auxiliaries.
>>
>>43975974
I read about the lack of transports, but apparently a lot of them can infiltrate and they move quickly due to the Dunestrider rule.
>>
>>43975974
They're as killable as Guardsmen, certainly, but they are also far more killy themselves.
>>
>>43975858
Don't put rokkit launchas on the trukks
Instead more deffkoptas would help, or if you can fiddle with it another trukk of boyz
>>
>>43975704
>Gladius and Battle Company fills up to 2000 points

No it doesn't you retard.
>>
>>43975989
Would I need to crazy expensive Forge World models to run Cult Mechanicus, or are all the models in the Citadel range?
>>
>>43976159
All models are Citadel. Most AdMech players will aim towards running the War convocation(it's a dataslate on the megaupload)

Basically run a Cult Mech, Skiitari and an imperial Knight and get free upgrades.
>>
>>43976159
Oh no, everything in Cult Mech codex is Citadel plastic. Very nice models too, imo.

Supposedly 40K Admech will be able to ally with versions of the 30K Mechanicum in Imperial Armour 14.
>>
>>43976159

40k AdMech is all plastic. You can't use the FW stuff in 40k, but they look better and similar enough that you can use them as counts-as.
>>
>>43976191
Problem with War Convo is that it locks Skitarii into a monobuild, and it's not a particularly good one.

It's still pretty cheesy, though.
>>
>>43975858
>>43975858

It is a pretty orky list. Keep the Big Mek in the burn a trunk and go straight into the biggest blob you can find. If there isn't one this unit is useless.

Trukk boys just don't work. They will pop too easily. If you get lucky you get a decent turn three assault.

That's a fun amount of deffkoptas but I thought druggies were considered better.
>>
>>43976211
>>43976191
Nice. I also love the Imperial Knights. I was thinking of either going Grey Knights with one or Cult Mechanicus with one. If I did the latter I'd like to do a steampunk color scheme.
>>
Is it possible to assemble a Tactical Squad with no purity seals? I want to add purity seals to models that do heroic shit.
>>
File: Thanatar Siege Automata.jpg (230 KB, 818x719) Image search: [Google]
Thanatar Siege Automata.jpg
230 KB, 818x719
>>43976229
>You can't use the FW stuff in 40k

Yet.

One day Forge World will port them over. Never stop believing.

It's already semi-confirmed with the Krios and Ordinatus.
>>
>>43976261

No, most of the legs have purity seals on the model itself on one leg.

You can do it, but you would have to buy Forge World models/legs, or go on eBay and buy extra legs that have no purity seals on them.

It's annoying for me because my army has zero purity seals but I want some plastic Terminators in them and they all have seals on them.
>>
>>43976290
Well that sucks. But hey, you can't win them all, right?
>>
>>43976247
They're simultaneously a pain in the ass and great fun to paint. I'm quite fond of my Knight, though.

With Admech, I honestly most highly recommend going with a Gallant if you want to run War Convo. It's cheaper base, which means more room for bodies, which you really need in WC. Slap the anti-blob rockets on it for a good time.

A word of warning: War Convo isn't pure cheese, but if you ally transports it gets there real quickly. A lot of people flinch when you say "War Convocation", so make sure you don't do a bunch of retardedly broken stuff with the upgrades.
>>
>>43976309

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-30K-10x-Mk-IV-Maximus-Armored-Marines-from-Betrayal-at-Calth-New-/121826307447?hash=item1c5d69ed77:g:k08AAOSw6dNWTn4-

Best option IMO.

FW looks, no purity seals, cheaper than normal marines. Only drawback is if you want newer looking marines instead of the ancient armor.
>>
>>43976266
Hey, you're still alive.

>>43976309
Just scrape them off with an X-acto knife. It's pretty easy.
>>
>>43976266
You can always used fw stuff in any 40k game. Just let your oponent know what you are going to be bringing and clear it with them. If they really don't want you to use it because they think FW isnt standard/fair/a gw company, then they prob arent worth playing with.
>>
>>43976337
On one hand, it's 10 Marines for 20 burgers. On the other hand, it's fucking MK IV armor, which makes it kinda useless for 40k.
>>
>>43976377
So fluff them as a custom chapter, or a special force of the chapter's finest, or some shit like that. They look better than MK Angry anyway.
>>
>>43976377

Mk 4 armor was a 40k model kit from FW before HH even existed. It came out in like 2010 or 2011.

All marks of power armor are identical in 40k. Even the Blood Angels tactical plastic box and plastic veterans from GW 40k have MK IV pieces in them.
>>
>>43976347

I never died.

>>43976361

Still, using a 30k list against 40k does not quite go well for the 30k stuff, even beyond the "incompatible" stigma. People still think 30k is scary, when 40k can do so much more.
>>
>>43976361

We're talking about 30k stuff.
>>
>>43976416
Yes. FW 30K stuff. It's a bit imbalanced in favor of 40K, but it's still perfectly playable as long as your opponent is cool with it.
>>
>>43976405
>I never died.
Well, sure, you're a Forge World character.
>>
>>43976435

Anything is "perfectly playable as long as your opponent is cool with it", that's a stupid fucking argument. You're the kind of person who starts rules arguments then uses the cop out of "well I'm not a WAACfag I just play for fun".
>>
>>43976377
Their 100% compatible tho
>>
>>43976377
Learn your fluff man. Every form of armour other than thunder armour is still fielded, with most of the much older marks (2, 3 and 4) being repaired so much that they're nearly all artificer or incredibly customised at the point of 40k (for models that represent that, the new interrogator chaplain and BA jump chaplain are very edited older marks).

Saying that though, older marks are generally only given to well respected marines with a lot of achievements, so it's unlikely they'd be without purity seals. But hey, I guess it's up to you playing them well to make them look like they're worth their salt.
>>
File: Kinda funny, innit.gif (439 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
Kinda funny, innit.gif
439 KB, 500x338
>>43976402
>>43976500
>>43976511
Huh, I guess you're right. Dunno what I was thinking.
>>
>>43970990
>>43971227
Anyone else tired of Decurions?
>>
anyone got the new corsair pdf?
>>
>>43976478
Well, there's nothing stopping you running a bunch of Thanatars in your next game without letting your opponent know, but he's probably going to call you an ass and not play you.

What does WAAC play have to do with using 30K models in 40K anyway? 40K armies will kick 30K armies asses in a point-matched game.
>>
>>43976398
>They look better than MK Angry anyway.
fighting words

MK angry best
MK angry with a necktie second best
Beakies are close behind

Crusade is the only good pre-heresy mark, until they decide to make plastic thunder warriors (with shades and top knots).
>>
>>43976562
kind of they give you lots of benefits but builds your army, and kills the CAD. on the other hand, free shit

>>43976577
there's a stigmata about forgeworld/30k. while it's true that they suffer below 1850, at 2k or so they can bring out their heavy weights. still, i would love some 30k mech dudes with martian rayguns
>>
>>43976577
Not a huge fan of Thanatars...

Footslogging Terminators? Rain plasma death!
Deepstriking melee units? Weep softly
>>
>>43976562
I'm of two minds on the issue. On one hand, they can reward themed armies, which is cool, and the unwieldy nature of the sub-formations is theoretically a restriction to even it out. On the other hand, they do all the work in army building, which takes away some of the fun. That's the Decurion issue in principle to me. The implementation is a little spottier, there's often too much advantage to the formations, and all the "take these units, get free shit" formations are an abomination.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.