[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I EVER PLAY AS A SPEEDSTER GLASS CANNON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1448634490268.jpg (17 KB, 374x208) Image search: [Google]
1448634490268.jpg
17 KB, 374x208
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I EVER PLAY AS A SPEEDSTER GLASS CANNON ACROBAT WITH NO ARMOR AND A GREATSWORD IN ANYTHING
>>
>>43969867
SR
40krpg

Though being fast and wearing armor aren't mutually exclusive in those systems.
>>
>>43969867
Mutants and Masterminds.

Go do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>43969867
Avenger in 4e is bretty good.
>>
>>43969913
>anything 4e
>good
I know you can't really mean that anon anon can you?
>>
File: People who only play d20.gif (103 KB, 720x278) Image search: [Google]
People who only play d20.gif
103 KB, 720x278
>>43969867
You can do that in FATE.

Or GURPS.

Or Champions.

Or BASH.

Or Savage Worlds.

Or Big Eyes Small Mouth.

Or RISUS.

Or World of Darkness.

Or basically any game that has open character creation instead of classes.
>>
>>43969977
Anon, I don't particularly like 4e (though, like any system, it can be fun in a good group), but the Avenger is a pretty neat class. It's built entirely around chasing down and slaughtering enemies as they flee from just how god damn scary you are, by doing things like teleporting right next to them, causing them to trip and fall, that kinda shit.
Basically, it's a divine powered slasher movie villain.
>>
>>43969867
Fast naked guy with big sword isn't exactly an uncommon thing, OP.

Hell, even fuckin' DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION has support for a fast naked Barbarian.

Once you get out into the classless games the possibilities are endless.

Now, if you wanted a fast acrobatic guy IN ARMOR...
>>
>>43970203
Cloth or leather armor would be nice.
>>
>>43969867
You play 3e or Pathfinder?

http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Auferian_%283.5e_Class%29

I actually modeled this around Dante from DMC. Since it's only 5 levels you can dip into Monk for AC Bonus without hurting yourself too badly.
>>
>>43969867

5th ed Barbarian, kinda. 60 feet movement, three attacks, advantage on all of those, no need for armour.
>>
File: Just like my japanese animes!.jpg (138 KB, 846x1500) Image search: [Google]
Just like my japanese animes!.jpg
138 KB, 846x1500
>>43969867
>SPEEDSTER GLASS CANNON ACROBAT WITH NO ARMOR AND A GREATSWORD

Dnd 5th barbarian, totem warrior subclass(eagle), entertainer background. You can take a different totem animal if you don't mind dipping into Rogue
>unarmored defense
>pick a greatsword (one of the best weapon options for them)
>move speed buff, advantage on dex saves
>Dash as a bonus action to go even fucking faster
>Opportunity attacks against you take disadvantage because you're so fast
>leap up to your strength score in feet (about 15-20 feet in a single bound)
>entertainer background -> performance and acrobatics proficiency
>Literally faster than a Rogue

>barbarians aren't glass cannons! They're tanky!
Then use reckless attack all the time and only rage after a 5-minute transformation sequence or a lengthy speech about defiance and friendship.
>>
>>43970431
I'm going to play this now.
Thanks.
>>
>>43969867

I'm getting TF2 Scout vibes.
>>
>>43970203
>Hell, even fuckin' DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION has support for a fast naked Barbarian.

It's not particularly effective compared to just wearing medium armor though.
>>
>>43970431
Your AC is going to be shit.
>>
>>43972217
Pretty sure that was the point of the thread.
>>
>>43972255

In D&D 4e, avengers of all builds have one of the highest possible ACs with a single feat (Unarmored Agility), in a game with 18 feats spread out over 30 levels and free feats as a house rule so common that it was previously endorsed by the game's errata-writers on their blogs (before those blogs went to the wayside).

Avengers use no armor whatsoever, the largest weapon possible (usually a fullblade or an execution axe), and have no need for Strength at all, relying purely on Wisdom as their primary score and either Dexterity or Intelligence for their secondary score.

Avengers are high-accuracy, high-damage, high-AC, high-mobility strikers. They do not excel in any of these fields especially well compared to other strikers, but they are very well-rounded overall.

It is a fairly effective way to play a JRPG protagonist.
>>
>>43972467
>It is a fairly effective way to play a JRPG protagonist.
Actually I had a friend who once joked that the Avenger is the class you use if your thought process during character creation is "I wanna play as Ichigo Kurosaki!"
And he's pretty much completely right.
Massive sword.
Robes.
Teleportation/flash step.
A fly speed if you take the right Epic Destiny.
>>
>>43971590
I should have mentioned this about the rules for jumping: The jump distance I mentioned is for horizontal jumps after a 10ft running start. High jump is still [3+strength modifier] after running start. Both distances are halved without the running start. So if you have 16 strength, you can jump 16 feet (3 squares) horizontally or 6 feet (one square) vertically. Also, you can roll Athletics to jump higher, although the rules are ambiguous on that. Also, high level eagle totem lets you do that limited flight thing.

But yeah, good luck. I hope it works well for you.

>>43972217
>AC is going to be shit.
Pretty much, it's going to start around 14-15 unless anon gets great stats, but would otherwise start at 16 in medium armor. But then, OP did ask for a glass cannon, and I suppose that qualifies in a way.
>>
>>43969977
4e isnt that bad, people just like to bash on it. its alright, just not as well made compared to other versions
>>
>>43969867
Came here to say >>43969977

The class is an unarmored greatsword user that chases people down to murder them with extreme prejudice. Fits the concept perfectly.
>>
Play Godlike. The idea of a really fast dude that cuts Nazis in half with a greatsword but would still die with one smg burst is hilarious to me.
>>
>>43972084
>>43972217

you start a little low (14-15) but the barbarian has a d12 hit die anyway, which boosts hit points along with one of the skills that increases your armor, and since getting two 20s with a 14 in a third skill is entirely possible, you'll eventually have 17 AC which is the most you can get with medium armor anyway

not to mention the barbarian gets resistance to physical damage while raging

assuming you start with a variant human you can get 16 STR, 13 DEX, 16 CON at first level, giving you 14 AC; take Mobile to get the increase in speed and ability to disengage and attack in the same action; by 8th level you have the same AC as any medium armor wearer assuming you put two points in CON and one in DEX; by 20th level you can have 20s in STR and CON, giving you better AC than medium armor
>>
>>43974118

alternatively, take athlete at first level and save mobile for later, since you can absolutely afford two feats as a variant human and athlete both rounds out your dex and lets you jump gooder
>>
>>43972590
But does it have a Generic Blade Beam attack/
>>
>>43969867
BECAUSE YOU DON'T PLAY YOU FUCKING UNZIPPED PANTS-ON-HEAD RETARD!
>>
>>43974118
Or you could wear medium armor and raise Strength.
>>
>>43969867
1. Play Anima
2. Choose Acrobatic Warrior
3. Buy Greatsword, ignore armor
Aaand done.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.