[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghost Motivations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: ghostbride.jpg (389 KB, 800x1204) Image search: [Google]
ghostbride.jpg
389 KB, 800x1204
Few moments in fantasy fiction are as emotionally uplifting as when a ghost left on Earth for a long time finally makes its peace.

What are some stirring, touching, clever motivations for ghosts to stay on Earth (and how could they be resolved), beyond the cliches of avenging their own death or preventing a similar one?
>>
>>43968912
Sorrow that the they didn't get to see their beloved one last time before dying. For the ghost to rest in peace, you have to bring their beloved to the haunted place so they can say their goodbyes.
>>
>>43968912
Curses, such that the spirit cannot leave until it's task is complete.
I also like ghost of non-sapient beings, the loyal guard dog that protects the masters house even after death.
The big payoff at the end when the ghost steps into light, turns back to the party and says "Thank you." I'm a sucker for that drama.
>>
>spirit must graduate from college
>spirit must confess love

also this guy
>>
Apologizing to their boyfirend, with whom they had a silly but emotionally charged fight a few hours before their death.

Finishing that novel they never got the chance to write. Might require a lot of medium-hours, as well as a pen name.
>>
File: Hologram Ghosts.png (459 KB, 880x1340) Image search: [Google]
Hologram Ghosts.png
459 KB, 880x1340
The idea of a ghost needing to perform a task is simple superstition. What occurs is the action lowers the thaumic level of the area, often by killing their murderer to eliminate an observer of their wave function.

Likewise, any haunting can be recreated by increasing the thaum count of the area, recreating the ghost. This is why so much business goes unfinished. It has to be finished again and again.
>>
Because they can pass through walls and such, and even go unseen to some, the ghost now has the ability to watch people when they shower and do other stuff naked.

Why would they ever want to pass beyond?
>>
>>43971702
Turns out ghosts are intangible even to themselves. Fapping is impossible.
>>
>>43973332
tbqh I'd still be happy to watch even if I couldn't fap
>>
Isn't this the premise of Wraith?
>>
Penance.

See, I once had a ghost. He did not know it, but he was the bbeg of a prior story, now scrubbed of his memory and now tasked to put a stop to his own rampage through the flow of time with storm troopers and piracy.
He had no idea what it was that he had to do, but that didn't stop him from having emo episodes about "MUH DEATH" and "MUH IDENTITY". Only after meeting the god who gave him the power to travel time in the first place, the heroes who killed him in the first place, and trinkets of his own past, would he remember that his madness once had more noble intentions. He had once lost someone he loved dearly to an astronomical impossibility. He wanted to save her, but at some point, he lost sight of that goal and instead began raiding the timestream for anything.
He began an episode of INCREASED emo self-loathing from this revelation, as well as that of his enemy's identity. He could only snap out of this episode by the reminder that the heroes, whom at this point have gotten more than a bit bloodthirsty in one way or another (considering they got dragged through Hell, having a bomb go off on their faces and other setbacks.) would miss the point and murder him, denying him his self-absolution.

His afterlife ended by apologizing to the person he once committed his rampage to and defeating himself. By doing this, he could die redeemed and only faded into the land beyond as the last remains of his reign as marauder collapsed into the timestream as it corrected itself.
>>
>>43971647
I need that pdf
>>
>>43977332
Gimmie a sec.
>>
>>43977332
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cbxw637yh1ta2/Laundry

Okay, it's from the agent's handbook from here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.