[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Liars Everywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: swv6E.jpg (28 KB, 300x760) Image search: [Google]
swv6E.jpg
28 KB, 300x760
>Be me
>Have a friend who runs various online games
>Suggests I join his newest one, a BESM game
>Tells me it's grimdark, apocalyptic-demons and monsters and shit running around the ruins of civilization (SMT, basically)
>Tells me to plan accordingly in character creation
>Create a demonologist
>Studies ancient script to wield demonic power against humanity's enemies
>Join the game
>Modern day Tokyo
>The other characters are Magical Girls
>Realize my friend is a filthy liar
>Refuse to acknowledge anything is wrong
>Won't give him the satisfaction
>The game continues
>I turn out to be the one most suited to surviving daily life-can hold down a job, afford a home, etc.
>Magical Girls keep coming to my house, won't leave
>Other players think my stern, research-minded demonologist is hilarious
>Magical Girls always getting into hijinks trying to cheer him up, making little costumes for his unholy minions, asking him to join in on the Magical Girl motto before fighting monsters/villains

I was mad at first, but honestly, it got funny.
>>
>>43968020
>>Be me
That was your first mistake.
>>
GM Bait-and-Switch like that is such unfun bullshit. I wouldn't keep playing with an asshole that did that.
>>
>>43968020
>"Oni-chaaan, can I come inside?"
>"Goddamnit, no, I'm working on restoring ancient scripts to summon a leviathan."
>"But Oni-chaaaaaan-"
>"Oni-Chaaaa-"
>All 3 girls chime in screaming "Oni-Chan" at the top of their lungs, the local anime addict across the street stares, his pockets filling with smuckers jelly.

>"Sly-ass motherfucker..."
>>
>>43968020
I'd be pissed at first to, but honestly that sounds like the coolest fucking thing.
>>
I demand stories!
>>
File: 1429681128180.png (109 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
1429681128180.png
109 KB, 200x295
God dammit OP, I came here to be mad.

(for real tho the lying aside that sounds like hella fun)
>>
>>43968020
>>43968243

Yes OP

Tell us tales from your adventures with these magic girls
>>
>>43968020
this sounds like the best game ever, you may have stumbled into the average anons dream
>>
>>43968020
Storytime?
>>
>>43968020
>>
OP.
Since when were you under the impression that what happened was not your friend's plan all along?
>>
I dont think OP is going to tell us an stories guys
>>
>>43968243
>>43968309
>>43968793
>>43969634

Wouldn't call them adventures, per se-game didn't have many sessions before friend's work schedule changed, and he had to cut back on GM-ing, and the vast majority of the time was spent indulging in Typical Anime Shenanigans.

There was the time we fought the evil bug queen, though.

Started off simple enough-the girls' magical plot device reported a swarm of insects attacking the populace, carrying off people and large amounts of valuables. Clearly, they needed to put a STOP to this horrible state of affairs, and because it was actually kind of far away, the team needed the mightiest form of transportation at their disposal-my car. And that meant a visit to their new best friend, who at the moment was busy trying to pierce the veil between realms and seize the ancient jeweled heart of Kel-Zuggath.
>>
>>43969684
What kinda car did you drive?
Please tell me it was a beat up station wagon or something like that.
>>
>>43969711

As a matter of fact, it was a Pinto cruising wagon-found by googling "ugly-ass cars" sustained by a steady stream of replacement parts and unholy magic.

They came in through a window, as they so often did (the catgirl had gotten stuck in the chimney last time I had locked them, and the time and effort spent dislodging a yowling abhuman far exceeded the trouble of leaving the girls an easy entrance). They spilled over a sacrificial goblet of blood harvested from a mutant hellhound, disrupting a three-day ritual, and forcing me to close the rift as quickly as possible to avoid getting my soul stolen. A brief struggle with unholy energies later, they informed me they needed a ride. Typical.
>>
>>43969819
>Pinto cruising wagon

The best.
So when the magic girls when to battle their foes, did you just wait in the car or did you use your evil powers to help them?
>>
>>43969888

I helped-if I was going to interrupt my research to chauffeur them around, I might as well field-test my own unnatural powers.

Once they'd settled the argument of who got to sit in the front seat this time, we headed off in the direction of the massive black cloud of bugs on the horizon. When we got close, they bolted out, swiftly moving to protect the populace and try to beat back the insect menace. I found an available space away from stampeding civvies and made my way to the fight, summoning a pair of of encounter-appropriate mooks as I went.

With the girls focusing on saving lives, I could focus on directing my magic. Excess ribbons and frilly aprons aside, my wretched homunculi were well-suited to pest control with fiery breath and physiologies resistant to mundane venom. Step by step, block by block, we were stemming the chitinous tide, advancing towards what we assumed was the center of the problem.
>>
File: 1438563898710.jpg (92 KB, 400x489) Image search: [Google]
1438563898710.jpg
92 KB, 400x489
>>43968020
>>43969684
>>43969819
>>43970047

God-damn I wish half my games were this interesting or fun.
>>
>>43968020
What's BESM stand for?
Also, this sounds hilarious
>>
We soon reached what appeared to be a massive hive, squatting in the center of a public park with bugs of all flavors streaming in and out. We could see a few unconscious people being crowdsurfed in by the vermin, along with bags of cash, jewelry cases, and just about anything else with high value. I sent my vile servants forward, only for the pair of them to stop short the minute their misshapen feet touched the grass. A literal honey trap.
>>
>>43968020
> mfw OP is playing the Powerpuff Girls
>>
>>43970235

Big Eyes, Small Mouths-a system created for the express purpose of playing your own Animu game.

At that point, the proverbial fan was struck with unwholesome ammo. Huge fucking beetles erupted out of the earth, gobbling up my two hapless mooks in an instant. Combat began again, and we were soon hitting the big bastards with everything we had, doing our damnedest to punch through their armor while avoiding those giant crushing mandibles. It was a hard fight, but we came out on top-but we'd all seen enough cartoons to know the boss was yet to show.
>>
Sure enough, we were greeted by the classic “OHOHOHOHOHO” of an evil villainess-the hive erupted in a fountain of bugs, and from them sprang a mishmash of woman and insect. She commended us on making it as far as we had-few humanoids could handle even the smallest of swarms-but we were quite deluded if we believed we could oppose her, we should simply surrender ourselves, she might feel a twinge of mercy, etc, etc. You know, usual villain stuff.
>>
One of the girls retorted that we'd NEVER surrender to an EVIL VILLAIN, that she was doing something VERY wrong by kidnapping people and stealing stuff. The villainess laughed again, purring that it was only natural that a BEAUTIFUL queen like her have a full treasury, and a household full of servants to tend her LOVELY self. I asked whether she really needed human slaves if she apparently wielded total control over both normal and super-sized bugs, but I'm not certain she heard me over the banter. The conversation ran its usual course, culminating in the insect queen's decision to destroy all of us. The superpower pleasantries out of the way, it was time for the team fight-which meant it was time for the team motto.
>>
File: 1411759776530.jpg (10 KB, 200x247) Image search: [Google]
1411759776530.jpg
10 KB, 200x247
>>43970719
>but I'm not certain she heard me over the banter
Ahaha yes! This is a really good "only sane man" portrayal.
>>
>>43970719
This'll be good
>>
Catgirl: Love!
Angel: Dreams!
Shrine Maiden: Miracles!
Witch: The wishes of Earth will shine like the stars!
Pretty Soldier: And starlight will chase away evil!
All together: So we fight for Earth and its people! We are-(pose centered around my character)
Me: I will have no part of this.
(The girls continue to hold the pose, waiting)
Me: ...*sigh*...the Pretty Justiciars.
>>
>>43970806
so if there is trouble in another part of the world do you have to pay for plane tickets?
>>
>>43970881

Had it come up prior to the game closing, I have no doubt it would have been so.

Thus, battle was joined.

The fight itself was what the great Jim Ross might have called “a slobberknocker”-that buggy bitch hit like a tank, and catching her with our own attacks was tricky, to say the least-and even a heavy hitter like the angel didn't seem to stagger her much. I was rapidly burning through my list of summons, some used to attack, others yanked out of the aether as a last-second shield. My bigger powers required incantations, and time was something I was most certainly not getting. At the rate we were going, the odds of victory got slimmer and slimmer for the forces of Good and Happiness (and their driver).
>>
As we neared defeat, the shrine maiden called to me, asking if I had any kind of magic that could turn the tide. I explained my situation-I needed a moment without distraction to summon the requisite dark energy, or my spell would have all the weight and destructive power of an anemic churchmouse. She asked again-I just need a lot of dark energy, and I can do the spell? Yes, I replied, but that takes time-not like there's a gaping hole in reality down the street I can pull my mojo out of. After a moment, the girls turned to me, and announced their brilliant plan-they were going to run away for a minute, and they'd need me to keep the razor-edged death queen busy.

Typical.
>>
File: 1419024365212.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1419024365212.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>43970806
>>
What followed was quite a few rounds of me and whatever minion I could pull out of my sleeve getting shitstomped by the boss. She took the opportunity to monologue, remarking how sad it was that a man like myself would follow a bunch of frightened girls around, how I would have made a much better servant for a powerful woman like herself, etc, etc. Usual spirit-breaking stuff. I ignored it-I had lost control of my life a long while ago, and insinuating that I was a pervert could hardly even make me blink anymore. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if this was my fate, to be murdered by a narcissistic bug person for driving five goofy vigilantes to work. The insect queen pulled back, ready to finish me with a single, powerful strike.

And got hit in the face with a flying car.

A Pinto cruising wagon, to be precise.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 517x768
>>43971366
>>
>>43971366
Oh no, the Satanmobile!
>>
>>43971366
...because of course they'd do that
Holy shit, anon, this is a great story.
>>
File: image.png (864 KB, 2448x3268) Image search: [Google]
image.png
864 KB, 2448x3268
>>43968020
>>be me
>>
File: 75031.jpg (75 KB, 331x506) Image search: [Google]
75031.jpg
75 KB, 331x506
I am so invested in this it had better not be a joke.
>>
>>43971528
of course it's a joke, doesn't matter whether it happened or not as long as it's funny
>>
>>43969711
>beat up station wagon
The perfect modern campaign vehicle.
Plenty of space for the whole party and all their stuff.
Often have surprising top speeds if you're willing to put a little work in under the hood.
Completely invisible to law enforcement.
>>
As it turned out, the girls had gone searching for the single biggest pocket of dark energy in the city-which just so happened to be my personal vehicle. After much trial and error, they had (somehow?) managed to hotwire the thing, and driven it (rather haphazardly) into the city all the way to the edge of the park. They had then poured just about every spell and enhancement they had remaining among them into the car-given the nature of their powers, it was a bit like adding a time-release cesium capsule to a bathtub. Their magic bomb thus primed, they had used their combined physical strength and magical prowess to chuck that mother straight at the insect queen's ugly face.
>>
>>43971571
Did you all go out for ice cream afterwards?
>>
I pray to EVERY god, demon and benevolent, tentacled, inter-planar overlord that some manga or anime creator sees this page and makes a series based of of it. Because damn this is beautiful.
>>
>>43971793
I think you mean
>Did they all make you buy them ice cream afterwards?
>>
File: the_occultist_by_cribs-d79s40q.jpg (108 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
the_occultist_by_cribs-d79s40q.jpg
108 KB, 1024x576
This you, story telling anon?
>>
>>43971571
>As it turned out, the girls had gone searching for the single biggest pocket of dark energy in the city-which just so happened to be my personal vehicle.

Pretty much as expected, given it's quintessential 70's nature.
>>
>>43971793

We could have, perhaps. But that would have required a car.

When the smoke cleared, I was remarkably alive. The insect queen, remarkably less-than-alive. With their leader dead, the bugs seemed to go into a panic and die, leaving us in a eldritchly-scorched park filled with mountains of dead bugs and some very confused (and badly stung) people. The girls immediately crowded around me, asking if I was okay and they were really sorry about the car, but I had mentioned the car used my unholy power to keep running, but we had won, wasn't that great, and they were really really sorry about leaving me to fight her on my own, but I was okay, right?
>>
>>43970360
>Big Eyes, Small Mouths-a system created for the express purpose of playing your own Animu game.

What anime-specific things does it do?
>>
>>43972047
Great story, anon. I'm off to bed, but if you have more I'll make sure to read them tomorrow.
>>
>>43972047
eh, you lived to commit unholy magic another day, right?
So, the game kinda ended after that right? cause of time issues?
>>
File: 1448834199596.png (836 KB, 680x945) Image search: [Google]
1448834199596.png
836 KB, 680x945
Anyone have BESM on PDF?
>>
>>43972047
Did you summon a new car?
[Spoiler]with wood siding?[/spoiler]
>>
>>43969819
>To the Orgazmobile!
>The what?
>My Buick Century!
>BUICK
>CENTURY
>>
It hadn't been a great day. I known it wouldn't be from the moment I nearly got my soul stolen. But I was alive. I was in one piece. I was still sane. So, as much as it was possible since I first met the team, I was okay.

We stopped for dinner before I called a ride. One of them ate too much and threw up in the cab.

Typical.
>>
>>43970806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYeuBINM1U4
>>
>>43972191
A middle age man, covered in grim, grit and possibly blood, walks into a restaurant with several teenage girls in strange costumes, also covered in grim, grit and blood, and possibly blood, and ask to be seated.

Best day of work ever.
>>
That's it, /tg/, thanks for listening. You've been a lovely audience.

>>43972103

That was our last "real" adventure. Had a short bit of faffing about afterwards, but yeah, friend's job brought the game to a close. More fun than I had given it credit for that first day when I found out he was a lying liar who lies.
>>
This was a nice little combination of a funny, weird, and cute idea. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>43972250
Nice story, thanks.
>>
>>43972051
Nothing, particularly. It's just a solid universal system with anime fluff.
>>
>>43972250
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there isn't more.

Hope this thread is archived for future fa/tg/uys to enjoy
>>
>>43972250
What was your name?
>>
>>43972244
>"...."
>"...."
>"...."
"Uh, I'm sorry. My daughters are on their period you see."
>>
>>43972129
The BESM d20 SRD should be easy to find. Hell, google provides some links for that and pdfs. You can probably find the books around if you look, too...but paper copies are pretty pricey last I checked.
>>
>>43972250
Awesome job...you are awesome for gutting it out, and your DM is pretty awesome for combining genres so well. Also props to the other players for playing such exemplary magical girls.

Thank you for sharing!
>>
>>43970271
Kek
>>
>>43972250
Anon, you are a cool person, and I want you to have a good day. If I could, I would give you a firm handshake through the internet.
>>
Fantastic storytelling OP. It's always sad when a fun game dies before its time, but from the sound of it you created some fun memories, which is more than can be said for a lot of campaigns.
>>
Please, I just have to know. Tell us the story of how the party got together. How did the demonologist come to work with a magical girl team?
>>
>>43968020
>be me
I was going to call you a lying liar who lies but honestly this story had me hooked until the end. Bravo, anon, bravo.
>>
>>43978995

I tend not to care about the veracity of stories I see on /tg/. It's impossible to know for sure either way, and it it's vaguely entertaining then it's served its purpose regardless.
>>
>>43978920
someone fucking screen cap the story, this must not be lost to the annals of time
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-04-04-47-17.png (511 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-04-04-47-17.png
511 KB, 1440x2560
>>43979651
It's on my phone but I got ya
>>
File: lying liar who lies.png (1 MB, 1260x2128) Image search: [Google]
lying liar who lies.png
1 MB, 1260x2128
>>43979651
I think thats all of it not sure.
>>
>>43980367
Bravo.
>>
>>43970271
Does that make OP Professor Utonium?
>>
>>43972309
I don't have a lot of experience with it, but from what I remember, it has three main stats, your typical Body and Mind, and it adds Soul as well.
Those three values contribute to all attacking, and I feel that's a little anime (for some reason, smart characters being able to exploit that so readily in combat feels anime: "hohoho you have fallen for my ruse/I noticed some imperceivable flaw in your technique that I can exploit/I'm the only one that remembers you're weak to [plot element]/etc."), and the reliance on DETERMINATION/GRIT/FRIENDSHIP also feels a bit anime.

Beyond that, though, yeah there's not a lot that makes BESM explicitly anime. Even my argument is pretty weak.
I guess there's the fuckhuge numbers. I think I remember higher power levels letting you afford honestly insane attack stats (hit bonus, damage, area, etc.). I guess that's a bit shonen.
>>
>>43968020
Amazing story OP. Any chance of giving us other hilights? Like how your character met the party, or just funny asides?
>>
>>43968020
Honestly sounds like a lot of fun, I'd love to be the straight man in a campaign full of magical girls.

I probably wouldn't even be mad at the initial bait-ad-switch, but that's probably just because I'm an easy-going guy with pretty broad tastes and don't tend to get too attached to particular expectations.
>>
>>43971366
I want a drawfag to draw the girls riding the warlock's car
>>
>>43983219
OH that's the fucking Madoka Magica Girl system.

Fun as shit, especially the random character generator.
>>
>>43978842

This, how did your character become their best friend?
>>
>>43968020
Are the magical girls played by men? Because if so, it's pretty gay.
>>
>>43987075
>>
>>43987075
only if they're playing them sexually rather than for laughs. Nobody calls games of Maid RPG gay after all.
>>
>>43987162

I dunno m8 I watched roleplay R&D's maid RPG game

That was pretty fucking gay
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.