[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest | Chapter XX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: HouseMalroy.png (321 KB, 444x649) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroy.png
321 KB, 444x649
Welcome to A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest. In which you take the reins of a House of storied glorious past since Aegon’s Conquering, but whose fortunes have taken a turn for the worse in the doom that Robert’s Rebellion brought. Taking place in 284AC a year after the Rebellion has ended you are Brynden Malroy, second son to Lord Vamos Malroy and Lady Esemella Hayford and the last living heir to Steadhold and House Malroy.

House Malroy is a pre-genned House designed around the idea of a story within the Crownlands of a House fiercely loyal to the Targaryens and their attempts to live in this new world after Robert’s Rebellion. The new Lord Brynden Malroy is as well pre-genned but will take direction from the players in his ways and how he develops himself further. This Quest will be moderately more story driven than others of its kind, but the development of the House and her lands will take just as much importance.

If you’ve played the one of the many Quests within the ASoIaF setting the rules of the SIFRP system should be known. I will be using the Game of Thrones edition, as well as a few of the expansions namely OOSP and a few house rules which will be explained as we come to them. If you have questions about how things work or why certain actions are taken I can explain them as we go along. In truth this is a learning experience for me as well.

Google Documents Mastersheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WiZG5xtDqbQKI31IIbqNb4zTmooivb0Ns_J6EatgWgY/edit?usp=sharing

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM

Archive:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=House%20Malroy

And now without further ado.
>>
The Dornish sun shone through your window in just a way to warm your feet that hung listlessly over the side of your bed. Your arms hang loose, one hand fidgeting with a nail that had never quite grown back right after taking an axe in Lys. Sighing deeply your eyes come to rest upon your clothing strewn about a chair haphazardly across the room. The deep purple, black as dark as night, threads and details of gold, colors of House Malroy, of your family. For a span of years they were nothing more than a convenience, a little piece of bargaining power you threw about when you need to. Now? They represented everything you were. The very symbol of your Lordship, of your strength, of Steadhold and her reach into the Realm. It represented your Uncle, his stern and hard ways in stark contrast to your own, it represented Victus, despite his name. it represented… Her. Isis. The last few days were far and away some of the very worst of your life, finding out that Red Bastard had your sister, that they had lied to you, that she was pregnant with his spawn. Gut punch rolling into a haymaker into the face when you sat among the Hand and Princes, and used as an example, disgustingly thrown into their faces, made to pay lip service to a Queen that would sooner see you dead and Royce in your place. Your stomach had hardly settled, a want for wine and drink only partially quelling the storm that sat upon your lips in every waking since.

A finger upon your back reminds you of the other presence in your bed this early morning, tracing a long thin scar that started from your shoulder blade and ended on your side. The nail scraps harmlessly as it traces back and forth lazily, her soft finger tip sending a chill down your span as it finally comes to rest, “Lord-”

“Brynden, you can call me Brynden, Obella,” you interrupt, allowing yourself to fall back into the plush of the bed, head finding rest in a cradling arm close to her breast, the soft heartbeat pulsing in your ear.
>>
Nth for Targaryen restoration
>>
She smiles to you as you catch her eyes, the deep pools of blue that drank in your wildfire, in the dark of night they almost looked black, yet in early morning sun they appeared almost purple. Her hands run through your hair and into your beard, “I preferred you clean shaven,” she says with an innocent smile, her fingers scratching under your chin.

You only laugh in response, stretching out and enjoying the cool warmth of her nude form next to your own. Your own hand dances upon her cheek and she pushes into it, finding rest on the pillow behind, “I thought I need court you like a ‘proper Lady’, does a single night of dancing count as such?” you ask, the laugh still dancing upon your lips.

The Dornishwoman rolls her eyes to you, “You have had an exceedingly difficult week my Lord,” you go to interrupt but her finger places itself upon your lips, “Brynden. It was either this or I allow you to find trouble in the districts of the Winding Walls or the shadow city where an army yet still resides. Or worse yet in bed with that little trollop from the Vale, the one that stare daggers into me across the great hall all night.”

You fix her with a look and she relents, you had yet to find a way to distance yourself from Lady Giselle, the situation was far trickier than you had wished, your seething anger at being used as nothing more than a pawn to draw out the King still sat like a stone in your stomach, but not so much so that you were willing to cause a scene with the Hand of the King, nor his chosen bride to be. Though you found it odd that Obella had developed such intense feelings on the subject. no doubt her connections to the Prince affording her far more information than you would prefer at the moment. It however did not stop her visit the night prior, following after your drunken step and slipping into your room in the dead of night. Her eyes rest upon your again, looking to wish to speak, “What is it Obella?”
>>
She looks startled as if you had read her mind before falling into your usual gaze, of desire, seduction, though with more of a hint of something else you could not read at that precise moment, “Brynden I’ve… Thought of your… Proposal. Of marriage.”

You quirk an eyebrow, not entirely sure how to respond at that particular moment, her looks did not match the words that stumbled from her mouth, it was unusual to see her so poor with her word.

“I would… Consent, my Lor- Brynden. You are far better a man than my brother could ever hope to find for me, that is a certainty. And if you wished it I am sure the right word in my brother’s ear would bring him to you. He witnessed what occurred there, and if I know him he is likely wrought with anger by mere association, it would not be so difficult a thing. If… Well if you were still interested,” she finishes softly, eyes quickly darting away when you turn again.

In truth… The thought had been upon your mind often as of late, Benjin and Dontos’ words echoed in your head. The constant onslaught of suitors from King’s Landing to Dorne, small Houses, distant cousins of the larger, they always made grand promises, sweet little lies and smiles from the Ladies of their Houses, but you were hardly interested, nothing gathered your eye. Not quite as Obella had, her very nature challenged your own, her smiles, her games she played. The way her fingers traced the lines of your body, asking of stories from beyond the Sea.
>>
If any were aware they would see her as no more than your paramour, sewing circles in King’s Landing would likely say as much, but here… The Qorgyles were your best option to turn this absolute disaster of a trip into something of worth. It was as much a political statement of peace of you taking a true active hand in mending the realm, as it was of resurgent growth to throw in the face of Arryn, you would not be so haphazardly used. You were not nothing. Nor was your House. The golden courser would not be forgotten to history, and in this moment, you knew what need be done.

But it would come with a cost, brother and sister need relationship be mended, and it would appear it was not for want of the brother to hold grudges. It was the sister, as delicate as the situation was you still needed everything an alliance would bring to the table. From trade, to troops, to a dowry to supplement your own incomes. You were not sure of the difficulty of approaching these were, but a first step into this was merely the subject.

>Talk to Obella about mending her relationship with her brother, Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
>Do not, the subject is far too delicate at this moment

Holy shit am I sorry for being a flighty son of a bitch lately. Between work and someone stealing my credit card to run away to fucking Kentucky I've had a hell of a week.
>>
>Or worse yet in bed with that little trollop from the Vale, the one that stare daggers into me across the great hall all night.”

Giselle mad.

>Talk to Obella about mending her relationship with her brother, Lord Quentyn Qorgyle

Only for what she is comfortable with. We do need to know more.

Also sorry to hear and glad to have you back.
>>
File: 1161477_1356893762673_full.jpg (245 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
1161477_1356893762673_full.jpg
245 KB, 900x636
>>43967417
If we're going to bet on the Dornish bitch, we may as well go all in. Half measures will only bring us to ruin.
>>
>>43967417
>>Talk to Obella about mending her relationship with her brother, Lord Quentyn Qorgyle

As gently as we can manage.

>stealing my credit card to run away to fucking Kentucky
What the actual fuck, people still do that?
>>
>>43967417
>>Talk to Obella about mending her relationship with her brother, Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
>>
File: 970110_1331165364981_full.jpg (55 KB, 400x476) Image search: [Google]
970110_1331165364981_full.jpg
55 KB, 400x476
Dedicating this post to our greatest ally!
>>
/tg/ We did it, HDW achieved... I'm fucking crying
>>
>>43967417

Bring it up but don't make any firm decisions yet. Start thinking about ways to bring it up to Quentyn.

This won't be popular but we need to string Giselle along a little longer. Just to give ourselves time to sort out the conflicts within House Qorgyle. After we secure Quentyn's blessing and repair the broken bridges between him and Obella, we need to start thinking about what we're going to say to the Hand. I think "The Dornishwoman stole my heart" will be a sufficient framing of the situation. Plus, it's a half-truth, and those always make the best lies.
>>
>>43967417
And holy shit, hoped that got worked out Padre
>>
>>43967417

Holy fuck! They catch the rat bastard?
>>
>>43967457
>What the actual fuck, people still do that?

What got me was they ran away to mother fucking Kentucky. Who the fuck wants to go to Kentucky? That was the 'life issues cropping up' on Saturday, that entire phone call was very confusing.

But yeah, they cut it off and I'm in the process of getting that all sorted still. You wouldn't believe the week I've had.

Anyway, looks we're going right into the hard stuff, Dorne is almost over guys I fucking swear.
>>
Next time we meet Arryn we better say something like

"Are you sure you wish to speak with me Lord Arryn. I do not see any wagons which you can throw me under"
>>
>>43967562
>Dorne is almost over guys I fucking swear.
I like Dorne though, can't wait for the quest that takes place there.

Also glad this shit is getting sorted
>>
>>43967562

Even with Arryn bending us over the table at that luncheon I've enjoyed the Dorne arc. Quentyn is a boss, I'm looking forward to working with him more closely after we put a ring on Obella.
>>
>>43967594
Actually Westeros uses cloaks. But speaking of rings, we should probably give the ring we brought with us to her now. It might ease the conversation a bit.
>>
>>43967585
Do not antagonize the Hand.

Well maybe antagonize him a little, but not that much.
>>
Damn trips, i swear i deleted it.

>>43967417
>>
>>43967594
I enjoyed his character too, we need to have more pissing matches with him.
>>
>>43967614
>It ends up with them running out of stuff to compete about
>They have to resort to actual pissing match.
>>
>>43967562
Dorne takes as long as Dorne wants dad. You should know this.
>>
Just throwing out an obligatory reminder for anons who may not be familiar with the canon setting.

Oberyn and Clean are not, nor have they ever been, enemies. They pretend to be on different sides of the fence so Oberyn can take risks and Clean can maintain deniability. Any conflict they have among themselves is staged. Dorne was never and will never plunge into civil war. Doran wants Lannister blood just was much as this brother. The pursuit of peace is a lie. Both Martell brothers fight in the same corner, they both have the same goals. A vote for Doran is a vote for Oberyn and vice-versa.
>>
>>43967664

Clean=Doran fuck autocorrect
>>
>>43967633
>They tie the pissing match
>wat do?
>>
>>43967676

Furious no-homo makeout.
>>
>>43967693
Well everyone in Dorne is Bi.....
>>
File: YOU CHECKED HER DUBS.jpg (36 KB, 608x404) Image search: [Google]
YOU CHECKED HER DUBS.jpg
36 KB, 608x404
>>43967664
>Oberyn and Clean
Topest
>>
>>43967702
I bet there is a whole bunch of dornishmen and women who really hate their reputation.
>>
>>43967706
I swear GRR's fetish is killing all the interesting characters, still mad about Oberyn
>>
>>43967330

A further reminder to everyone in this quest.

We need to tell Dontos and Co. about Isis.

The longer we wait, the more it'll seem like we are keeping it a secret for whatever reason and that might strain the connection that Brynden and D have been making.
>>
>>43967753
We'll probably do it on the boat ride home or something.
>>
>>43967664

I can confirm this. Doran and Oberyn going at each other's throats is always, ALWAYS an act. They have their fingers in almost every major plot point on both sides of the Narrow Sea.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play for Team Dorne, because they have a good game plan in the long term. But people should know that there are not two teams in Dorne, just one.
>>
>>43967773
That would be hillarious. since it forces them to be face to face while its being said.
>>
>>43967753

Not on the boat, not on the boat, not on the boat.

Wait until we get to Steadhold, and even then don't mention it in front of the Spider's mute seductress.
>>
>>43967753
There's a place and time, and Dorne isn't it.
>>
So. From Jorah to Littlefinger, how well do you think Giselle is taking last night ?
>>
>>43967861
Littlefinger if Obella is to be believed.
>>
DadQM you know you've engaged your playerbase when you get 35 posts of paranoid shadowrunning immediately after making the thread.

Welcome back, man.
>>
Reminder to wear a leash next time you visit the Hand since you are his bitch dog. - Royce Redward.
>>
>>43967861

Jorah.

Unlike Littlefinger she has literally zero control over the situation she found herself in. She's Arryn's sacrificial pawn.
>>
>>43967861
>Be Giselle
>Get kekked by ChadBrynden
>Get revenge by plunging the entire 7K into CHAOSH
>>
>>43967939
>Courting is a ladderh
>>
>>43967939

Plausible.

Just extremely unlikely.

Still, this is why I've been advocating that we need to ruin Giselle and her brother completely if we're to move forward with confidence. Do they deserve it? Absolutely not. But Arryn's going to re-position them on the board because they're chess pieces that have value to him. If we strip them of their value to the Hand, they can no longer cause us harm.
>>
>>43967979
Or, you know, explain the situation and deflect the blame at the hand for not choosing her.
Let him deal with the shit he made.
>>
>>43967979
Dude. Chances are she is just going to get married off to that Dalt guy or return back to the Vale. No need to go all Shadowrun on this.
>>
>>43967979
She's not nearly enough of a piece to be worth it. Let up on the shadowrunning and stop being an OOC dick.
>>
>>43967417
Hey dad, what would be Redward's reaction if/when he found out we had to bend over to Jon Arryn here?
>>
Honestly, I feel a bunch of sympathy for Giselle at this point.

Probably because I know a girl who fits this description exactly. She's in her early to mid twenties, and even her swearing is adorable (or what she thinks is swearing).

Breaks my goddamn heart.

So how flexible is Obella anyway? I'm assuming gymnast tier.
>>
Are we getting off Namek today?
>>
>>43968090
She did the silk dance thing.
Pretty much a gymnast, so yes.
>>
Jon Arryn did nothing wrong.
>>
>>43968090

I feel awful for Giselle, too.

But this...

>>43968016
>Or, you know, explain the situation and deflect the blame at the hand for not choosing her.

Won't work. What's she going to do, yell at the Hand of the King? Throw a little tantrum? So what? She can do absolutely nothing to bother Arryn.

>>43968024

Spurned lovers always come back to bite your ass in ASOIAF. Lady Dustin got scores of people killed because Brandon Stark got engaged to Catelyn Tully when Dustin loved him. Don't be naive. If you think Giselle's just going to harmlessly disappear when we tell her we're no longer interested then you're clearly an idiot.
>>
>>43968209
Well good thing we never actually courted her. Not publically, not to her privately. We could just not acknowledge it at all and merely deflect it that she got it all wrong.
>>
>>43968231

And she's going to wake up tomorrow and think "yeah, I must have misinterpreted the situation, it was foolish of me to become emotionally invested in that man."

Yeah. Probably not. I mean maybe, but almost definitely not.
>>
>>43968209

As much as we're memeing, I don't think Giselle quite qualifies as a 'spurned lover' of that caliber. We never courted her. Saying it could bite us is ignoring the fact that hurting her for no god damned reason is CERTAIN to have consequences for us.
>>
>>43968209
She is going do do this: Not be mad at Bryden.
Pretty much the only goal.
>>
I'm a bit disappointed that Royce hasn't attacked us yet despite his army being 4 times bigger.
>>
>>43968255

She already wants to kill our future wife. But sure, let's just ignore the context clues and hope everything turns out fine.

I'll be waiting in the back of the room to laugh at you guys when the hammer drops.
>>
>>43968268
Kings peace and his land is fucked with bandits.
>>
We should get a spy. Someone we can trust really well, but who is an unknown, to go into the Rewards lands. Enlist in their army etc. Get Intel for us.
>>
>>43968282
>his land is fucked with bandits.
The bandits are his men.
>>
>>43968277
Yes just be base she was glaring daggers over someone she was interested in means she wants to kill. Nice dubs btw.
>>
>>43968268
He has, in a sense. Those bandits were almost certainly his or his allies men.

>>43968277
Then keep the fuck away from her. Jesus anon, most people want to go near full isolationist after we win back our holdings and tell the rest of westeros to go fuck themselves as much as possible.
>>
>>43968299
Good thing our future wife got a spy network already.

>>43968277
Think that "dagger" thing is just a figure of speech
>>
>>43968323
Down side is she is going to occasionally go and do stuff thats a touch shady. We will need to cook up a fair few contingency plans just in case.
>>
As odd as it seemed the subject was hardly a difficult one for you, the notion of being separated from your siblings was always a mite harder to swallow than the overall difficulty of leaving home entirely. Donold and Pastorn were both like Dontos, hard lined, pious, staunchly loyal to the Targaryens and their family. Either would have been fine Lords in their right had fortune looked upon them kinder, but they were your brother still, you fought in the yard with them, learned to ride, the year before your flight Pastorn was to join you in King’s Landing in service as a page within the Red Keep. You always wondered if he had made it there. And there was always Isis, the constant thought upon your mind, she had been the only one you told, a few secret letters sent home to her with little bobbles from across the sea. Occasionally one would find their way in return to your own hand, wishing you to come home, to meet Victus, that you were missed and that father would forgive and forget merely to have his son back. She had been so like you, like your father in his own youth, to know she was alone again, but without the secret words or even knowledge of your existence still… It burned at you in a deeply seeded way.

Yet still the thought lingered, you knew one side was ready, but the other was far less inclined towards the subject, the one that still lie naked in your bed. You press yourself up and make your way across the room, opening a small box that contained your odds and ends, a scarlet velvet bag sat among it, metal and gemstone clinking inside of it. Plucking it from its place you turn on heel to face Obella yet again, her eyes trail your body before resting curiously on the small bag. She props herself on an elbow, moving the sheet to cover her exposed breasts and watches you cross the room to the bed again and intertwining herself with you.
>>
>>43968318
>full isolationist
That's exactly what will happen once Ned Stark is loses his head.
>>
>Just did a word count on all of my updates: 173,848. Ridiculous.
Congratulation by the way Father, that's more than many books.
>>
File: ObellaRing.jpg (19 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
ObellaRing.jpg
19 KB, 500x426
“Your hand my Lady,” you say to a look at the word but one all the same held aloft lazily over your midsection. Drawing the strings you allow the elaborate piece of jewelry to fall into your free hand, unlatch the bracelet that connected it to her wrist and securing it in place. The ornate ‘ring’ for lack of a better term was a scorpion of red gold, her pieces of carapace articulated to form upon the hand, the large chunk of onyx had been cut into multiple pieces lining the spine with the larger pieces with small details about the legs and claws. The piece was as impressive as you had ever seen and you were surprised when the jeweler had return it to you with such minimal instruction on your end, the only jewelry you wore were two silver rings on your left hand pointer and index finger, used to clink against coinage whenever you receive payment in Essos.

Hey eyes turn wide to your silent work, the ring fit nicely enough if a bit loose, a simple adjustment, and you begin to speak again, “Obella I would have not broached the subject had I not an interest” you hold her hand aloft for her inspection, “Nor thought to give you such a token of my affection.”

She turns her hand over, the soft clinks of the red gold tracing the back of her hand, and her smile is far too easily seen through her poor attempt to hide it, she reaches up with it and places it upon your face, drawing you for a kiss. Her eyes linger, lips unable to form words for a moment, her free hand thumping your chest when you start to laugh.

“My Lord it is beautiful… I sincerely thank you, who thought you a man of such taste?”

Picture related, only the gemstones are onyx and the scorpion is a more reddish gold. Use your imagination.
>>
>>43968209
>Lady Dustin
Wasn't Ned going down with her husband and coming back with just his horse, since you know Tower of Joy, where she decided "fuck it I'll have my revenge one day"?
She didn't mind Brandon taking her cherry, hell she pretty much jumped on his dick and him being engaged later on to Cat was just what lords do.
>>
You roll your eyes her giggles catching your ears as you wrestle about the bed for the comment, and you find yourself with the scorpion clad and resting on your chest, her fingers rasping with eyes upon it and you finally decide to broach the subject, “Obella… About your brother.”

Her tone shifts immediately, “Quentyn. Yes he’ll get the word in his ear my Lord, no doubt he’ll be quick to-”

You interrupt not wishing to hear her little jabs again, “No Obella… I wanted to talk about what happened.”

She quiets a moment, fingers still upon your chest, eyes seemingly far away, before finally speaking, “He wanted me to marry the Prince. Oberyn I mean. He… He thought if I seduced him that his friendship with the Prince would be enough to garner a marriage. I… I didn’t want to be used like some cyvasse piece, so I refused. We fought, furiously and… I left for Sunspear, in service to Prince Doran, offered a place among his court, I was sent abroad, to forget...”

“And yet you have not?”

“Would you Brynden? I did not wish to be used and discarded for his next paramour, to be forgotten after my brother gained prestige and honors and I no more than a swollen belly and a life of discontentment. You cannot tame a viper, I had no wish to, and though his ways did not offend me, that I would be used in such a way… Did. I couldn’t forgive my brother for so willingly offering my maidenhood simply because the Prince was his friend.”
>>
Now it is your turn for quiet, the thoughts rolled about your mind, nd you chewed on a lip, there were… Similarities between the situations if you looked at it from afar, and yet her she was, it seemed off, “Obella if I may point out, our situation is just…”

“No. It is not. You are nothing like Oberyn Martell. They may speak of such in giggles and whispers but you are far more. And… I enjoy that about you Brynden. You infurate me constantly with the way you challenge me, flirt with that little Vale- ...Lady. But I find you do not lack for loyalty, and I admire that about you my Lord. My brother is easily convinced of things with the right things in his ear, at least now. I cannot promise you anything my Lord… Not my brother’s armies, nor the support of Dorne, but I can promise you mine own loyalty. And how far that extends is up to you.”

>Response?
>>
>>43968421
And have you talked to him since? No shouting no yelling just sit down and talk since?
>>
>>43968071
He'd piss himself laughing. The whole situation has him mighty confused, if word ever gets back to him what happened it'll be the greatest day of the past 6 months for him. Spoiler, it's going to get back to him. His sponsor will find the story hysterical.
>>
>>43968421
Back to the Crownlands would be my preference.
>>
>>43968478
> His sponsor will find the story hysterical.
Of course the bitch queen finds that hysterical.
>>
>>43968478
Eh I don't really want him dead to be honest. That'd be too final. When we're through with him Boltons treatment of Theon will look tame.
>>
>>43968478
I still find it amusing that he will not realize just why bryden put up with it until his latest attempt to do something gets shot down in flames.

Arryn owes us for this. It'll be paid back.
>>
>>43968421
I say we tell her we did talk a bit about it and that he seems to truely regret it and that he wishes for her forgiveness.

Then tell her that you really dont want to leave on bad terms with your family. Brynden knows that the best. Many things can happen and many regrets will be had.
>>
>>43968421

Why don't we just broach the topic frankly with Quentyn about marrying his sister? Say we find her very attractive and would be honored if he gave us his blessing to woo her. Didn't he hint about it already?

From that position we can much more easily mend the gap between Quentyn and Obella. I don't think we have to fix their relationship before we announce our intent to marry her, at any rate. Unless I'm missing something.

Quentyn enjoys our company and respects us personally. Obella's down to get wifed up. With us serving as the conduit between the two, we'll be able to get them on speaking terms with relative ease. It'd be a lot simpler than carrying messages between the two of them.

Dat ring tho. Scale of 1-10 how dickwhipped is Obella now?
>>
>>43968553
>Why don't we just broach the topic frankly with Quentyn about marrying his sister? Say we find her very attractive and would be honored if he gave us his blessing to woo her. Didn't he hint about it already?

The dude more or less flat out told us he would like if we married his sister.
>>
>>43968553
He's more than willing to fix the relationship, it's Obella that can't forgive him.
>>
>>43968421

"I do not need the support of Dorne, or your brother's armies. What I want is peace. My uncle comes weeping to me in the night for the loss of a brother he never reconciled with. I scream myself hoarse over the loss of a sister I didn't see in years. It is easy to be mad. I should know, I'm mad all the time. But anger wins nothing. Not from blood. I hope your brother and you make amends, before the end. It is a terrible thing to lose loved ones to anger before you lose them to The Stranger."
>>
>>43968592

We fucked her into spilling the fact that she was sent to spy on us. Repeat the process, but instead of trying to learn about her sponsor just make her promise to speak to Quentyn once in a while and entertain the idea of forgiving him.

We can't, like, strongarm her into forgiving him straight away. She's too willful for that. But if we plant the seeds she'll come around eventually, I think.
>>
House Redward quest > House Malroy quest
>>
>>43968421
"All I can say that there is much I wished to say to my own family, more than I even realized now that the chance is gone. For your own sake... Think about it."
>>
>>43968669
Why. All they seem to do is getting their ass kicked in tournies and fucking that Malroy bitch while their lands get fucked.
>>
File: Casa-Targaryen.jpg (54 KB, 620x329) Image search: [Google]
Casa-Targaryen.jpg
54 KB, 620x329
>>43968669
It's true.

>>43968694
Well, they have less annoying tripfags, for one.
>>
>>43968694
Say that to the face of my armies and not through ravens and see what happens
>>
>>43968626
>We fucked her into spilling the fact that she was sent to spy on us.
Except making contact and telling us we had a friend in dorne was her whole mission.
>>
>>43968601
Damn it, I just realized I should have included a bit about our father, too.

I mean, we were PISSED at him. We moved to ESSOS, and became a sellsword, rather than bow to how he thought we should live, and who we should love. But no matter how often we wished he was dead, or we declared we cared nothing for his wants, when he died, it still hurt us. It is only those we love that can make us so furious. Those we love, and FUCKING LANNISTERS.
>>
>>43968716
>casa
>>
>>43968716
Nah they'd probably have a cerseifag or something.
>>
>>43968718
Rather do it in the dueling ring.
>>
>>43968626
There's a time and place to use your penis anon.

>>43968582
This is basically true. For what reason though outside of a mutual respect is beyond you though.

Anyway, the general write ins seem to have the same theme, I can put something together for this.

Looking at my notes it should be this scene and then one with Quentyn, then we'll be off to Steadhold again. So get ready for some House Fortune rolls, and what we want to spend that no doubt Wealth and Power gains on.

>>43968669
Go home Mother you're drunk.
>>
>>43968740
Constantly trying to get into the slut queen's pants.

Actually failing, making cersifag (or would it be the lannistfag?) but hurt and spew shit.
>>
>Obella plays for team Doran
>Quentyn plays for team Oberyn
>They're both mad at each other because they think their interests don't align
>They don't realize they're both on the same team
>The only people who know that team Doran and team Oberyn are in fact the same team were the ones present for the Red Door
>Our uncle is one of those people

Man. Good quest, Father. Good quest.
>>
>yfw Father is the fat fuck and a lot of stuff in this quest becomes canon in the next book
>>
>>43968820
Nah, Father is archetect fag from another quest.
>>
>>43968753
I do want to see about telling Giselle its not her, its goddamn politics.
>>
>>43968858
>it's not you, it's m- I mean it's goddamn politics
>>
>>43968839
Why do you think GRRM takes so long writing his books?

He spends too much of his free time running quests on /tg/.
>>
>>43968784
>or would it be the lannistfag?
No no, a mere lanistfag wouldn't be sufficiently bad to mean redward quest would have worse trips
>>
>>43968858

The thing is, we can't do that. We need to tell Arryn that we fell head over heels in love with Obella, not that we spurned his marriage choice for us because we're angry with him. If we tell Giselle something different we get caught in a lie.
>>
>>43968753
>no doubt Wealth and Power
Last time didn't someone figure out that in our circumstances we were actually better off rolling for population and then converting it to power?
>>
>>43968892
>GRRM is also Demetrious
>>
>>43968839

This reminded me. Can we help draw up a city map for Steadhold so we can master-plan its development and expansion in exchange for some kind of bonus? I'm blatantly appealing to Father's architecture fetish but I'm legitimately interested in doing this.
>>
>>43968753
Remember to roll to see if Obella is pregnant since she got her claws on us after we landed in Dorne.

Also will we have the wedding while we are in Dorne, i mean. It is as good as time as it can be. To celebrate the peace that has come.
>>
>>43968937
Eh if we told arryn, "I don't think its in my interests or hell even yours for me to look like I'm 100% your bitch" I don't think he could argue.
>>
>>43968948
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ok_UzOYKm6XyIPb4Gs6xNyiL3IPXCl1CFBS9CBpAC4g/edit?pli=1#gid=0&vpid=A1
If I'm reading it right we get the same amount with both population and power.
>>
>>43968995

He wouldn't argue because he'd immediately begin trying to distance himself as much as possible from us. No one wants to be allied with someone retarded enough to make that statement.
>>
File: Harrowmont will grow larger.png (188 KB, 2130x1346) Image search: [Google]
Harrowmont will grow larger.png
188 KB, 2130x1346
>>43968892
>YFW The Wind of Winter gets delayed because GRRM is too busy building Harrowmont
>>
I wonder how Dontos will react once he finds out we are finally getting married.
>>
>>43969098

"What do you MEAN you didn't take her maidenhead, Brynden? Did you marry a whore out of carelessness or just to spite me personally?"
>>
>>43969098
Don't worry, he'll find something to bitch about.
>>
I suggest we get a Master of Arms once we come back.
>>
>>43969023
Not the guy you're responding to, but how do you mean?

Like, I wouldn't expect a statement like that to be said because it's common sense.

If it looks like all we do, all the time, is what Arryn wants, then we're not a reputable lord. We're a joke. Arryn's butt-boy. The Old Eagle's Stallion. NO ONE respects people who don't make their own decisions. That's what made our testimony in front of Doran and Oberyn so useful: It was clear we hated the concept, and the execution, but we were agreeing with Lord Arryn that it was the best way.
>>
File: Tyrone.gif (989 KB, 357x294) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone.gif
989 KB, 357x294
>>43969119
>>43969120
>>
>>43969098
"No more whores. You have a wife, and you need an heir."
>>
>>43969193
>"No more whores

But i miss Talia AND she knows how to drink Moon Tea.
>>
>>43969235

>implying Obella wouldn't just turn that into a threeway
>>
>>43969235
The fuck would you argue with him for?
Tell Obella to talk to him and just watch the man sweat buckets.
>>
>>43969262
*Dontos Disapproves of this Action*
>>
“Have you… Tried to speak with him? Without the yelling?”

“I had not seen nor spoken to him in a year and a half, when I was sent to give the both of you the invitation to the private luncheon that had been the first. And… Well my comments did little to keep his temper in check. As I am sure you saw.”

Your face twists to a grimace, even though Quentyn seemed more than eager to mend their relationship it was his temper and pride that would ultimately stop it even if you convinced the more stubborn side. You run a free hand through your hair, Obella taking the opportunity to pull herself atop you, straddling your manhood that reacts to the sudden warmth and pressure. The white sheet cascades over the two of you like a small tent, her hands upon your chest, the metal of the ring warm from her own hand now, ringlets of black hair flowing about her arms and over your body. Her hips begin to grind against you, a soft moan escaping her lips, and attempt with every fiber of your being to prevent what you knew was happening. She wanted off the subject and hoped to distract you with sex despite it literally never working before.

Your hands grip her hips and stop her motions earning a confused look and you draw her closer to your body, allowing her head to rest in the nook of your shoulder while you spoke, “Obella… I don’t need grand promises of support from Dorne, or your brother's armies. What I want is peace. My uncle comes weeping to me in the night for the loss of a brother he never reconciled with. I scream myself hoarse over the loss of a sister I had not seen in years..."
>>
>>43969193
>Dontos you don't understand, SHE gave me the right to fuck whores....
>...Only if she gets to fuck them too.
>>
I should know, I'm mad near constantly. But anger wins nothing. Not from blood. I hope your brother and you make amends, before the end. It is a terrible thing to lose loved ones to anger, to long held grudges that serve purpose no longer. In truth even the loss of my father cuts at me, that the anger of youth was never quelled long enough for us to mend long held hurts. It is not for pointless things I feel wroth burn in my stomach, it is for those I love, for those I once loved. All I wish… Well I wish I had had the chance. You truly never know when it may disappear and for your own sake just… Think about it, alright?"

You feel a warm wetness on your cheek where her face is pressed against your own, she does not speak, merely sits her legs pressed to your thighs, hands idly drawn together in your hair. She sighs a moment later, pressing herself up again her nose a hair’s width from your own, “A thought, but only one, and only for you Brynden.”

---

“Lord Malroy! It is good to see you in the yard again, I had been disappointed to hear that your injury may keep you from joining us in our sparring matches between sessions of court,” Ser Santagar calls from across the yard. To your side is Ser Wesley Hayford, your cousin, to your other, Ser Lucas Longwaters. Across from you was Lord Quentyn Qorgyle, Ser Symon Santagar, and Knight you did not recognize the colors of. In truth you were more than happy for the exercice and you had more or less a score to settle with Quentyn. Beating you in a horse race, you! The bloody Horse Lord that tamed the Dothraki Princess of the Sea! Oh not today, you would not live with that shame. And here again you were, in a pissing match wrought of stupid prides.
>>
Lord Qorgyle places a faceless helmet upon his head, the nose guard being the only real protection in that area and you catch that knowing smile, that challenge. Seven alive how similar brother and sister were. You decided to use your old brigandine for this little match, Dontos’ half-plate being far too beautiful to be scrapping about it the Dornish sands. Wesley wore his own half-plate, that looked far less ridiculous that his usual fare, with Lucas in full, the crazy bastard. Meanwhile the three before you all dressed similar to yourself, Lord Qorgyle using a spear with a bracer, Ser Symon a sword to match the three your side used, and the mystery knight a sword that looked like the one Sallo Rhod liked to use. You fix on your target, It was like the Grand Melee all over again, singular focus, Lord Qorgyle was yours.

You hear a sharp whistle from a third party and the three before you dash into action, a round of nods on your own side and you push unto the breach. Focused. Ready.

Roll 5d6+1 for Fighting.

Go away double post what are you even doing.
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 1, 6, 2 + 1 = 21 (5d6 + 1)

>>43969386

suck my dick dice
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 2, 3, 2 + 1 = 11 (5d6 + 1)

>>43969386
welp
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 5, 5, 1 + 1 = 14 (5d6 + 1)

>>43969386
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 5, 4, 2 + 1 = 18 (5d6 + 1)

>>43969386
>>
>>43969405
They do indeed anon they do indeed.
>>
>>43969405
Much dick sucking will be done it seems.
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 5, 3, 4 + 1 = 17 (5d6 + 1)

>>43969386
>>
>>43969405
>20
Not bad.
>>
>>43969386
I'm starting to have trouble remembering the name of all those characters.
>>
>>43969513
Welcome to Game of Thrones!
>>
>>43969513
Ser Lucas Longwaters: One of our knights and the brother of our only ally so far,

Ser Wesley Hayford: Our cousin.

Lord Quentyn Qorgyle: Our future wife's brother.

Ser Symon Santagar: Quentyn's knight.
>>
>>43969513

Where do you think you are?
>>
I think that credit card thief stole dad.
>>
>>43969831

Nah, dad does long posts.

I think that's part of the reason why his word count for the quest is so damn high.
>>
>>43969878
And that's why I love him
>>
Damn internet, hold tight guys, update is coming.
>>
>>43969897
The happening is now.
>>
>>43969897
My bracing cannot exceed maximum capin'!!
>>
>>43969892

Dude is fearless.

Most QMs would be way too puss to humiliate the MC like he did. Even if it's totally fitting with the setting.

I mean, Karban felt like Tony Stark. The only people who even remotely disliked him were complete losers. It was well-written but WAY too fluffy for the ASOIAF-verse.

Bordain was a little better, but I still felt like the major players that Page introduced in his quest were far too friendly towards the MC for practically no reason. Bordain seemed oddly immune to being a part of anybody's scheming.

I like this quest because it feels honest. Aside from plot armor there is nearly no reason for named characters from the novels to treat quest MCs like anything other than disposable short-term interests.
>>
>>43969878
I like all the pointless little details he puts in. Hair styles, colors of clothing, things Brynden wears like those rings he just mentioned or the silver tooth. Also god damn is Brynden scarred up, I feel like we hear about a new one every time his shirt is off.
>>
>>43969960
Bryden has been into some very strange whorehouses in his time.
>>
>>43969936
>Aside from plot armor there is nearly no reason for named characters from the novels to treat quest MCs like anything other than disposable short-term interests.

Fucking hell i am looking forward to meeting Jaime. The smugness and insults from both sides. Seven hells it will be great.

>>43969960

>I like all the pointless little details he puts in. Hair styles, colors of clothing, things Brynden wears like those rings he just mentioned or the silver tooth. Also god damn is Brynden scarred up, I feel like we hear about a new one every time his shirt is off.

Bet we can get Obella to count them all for us.
>>
>>43969960
So almost every other post? Damn Brynden is made of scars at this point ain't he?
>>
Success, two degrees.

Your leg is holding up, your quickness returning, and you break into an absolute mad dash towards the three dornishmen. Your more sellswordy instincts turning on with every step, boots digging into the hard packed ground, eyes like wildfire, happy to be on the field where you felt most at home again. Quentyn is just as quick, quickly matching your speed, his spear held in one hand. And your lines crash, the mystery Knight digs into Wesley pushing him back and on his back foot immediately, his shield catching the heavy blows that seem so effortlessly swung. Lucas matches evenly with Ser Symon, the rings of steel on steel echoing in your right ear, but not your focus. Soon forgotten, instead you find yourself jumping to the side, a spear jab placing itself where your feet once were. Following it back to the own you are greeted with that cocksure smile of Lord Qorgyle, and you suddenly realize he’s winding up for another strike. His jabs are fast, making you dance about his spear, circling in hopes to find a break in his guard, but each flourish, his rounding sweeps keeps you further and further away from your target, and it is bothering you immensely.

His pattern is unorthodox, rarely keeping the same tempo or pace, the only time you were able to move forward was when he would spin his spear back and over his shoulder, but it was so often followed up by his sweep at your feet it was difficult to time. You’re back to using just your longsword, no dueling dagger or shield today, just your old one hander, and it did little more than defend in strokes at this juncture. You take a strike during one of his sweeps and find that his grip is looser during that, less an act of attack but one to maintain a drawn distance.
>>
Mystery Knight is Oberyn. Calling it now.
>>
Again you dance about, the occasional strike drawing far too close to your feet for comfort. And then a flourish, spin about the shoulder, and you push. He runs into his sweep too quickly and your sword is there to meet it on the backhand, halting the motion, your boot stomping down on the tip and suddenly you’re within drawing distance. Your sword lashes upwards off of its previous location and Quentyn jolts backwards, allowing you far too much space to move. And suddenly your dueling, sword strike after sword strike, his spear being beaten into splinters as he attempted to half hand it while you were in range his bracer hardly catching more than your weaker attempts. He attempts to push back, his spear butt cracking into your side but you do not relent refusing to allow him distance again, instead your sword comes crashing down from an overhead swing that he just barely catches with the shaft of his spear. Your eyes meet his and now it is your time to smile. He’s notable panting at this point, your quicker strikes being unusual for him no doubt, and he matches your smile before speaking, “Lord Malroy, this morning I received the most… Interesting note. The Prince, in hopes of solidifying peace further, suggested my sister marry yourself. I cannot say I disagree with the notion… Nor refuse my Prince. I simply hadn’t the foggiest idea where such would come from. Would you know of this my Lord?”

The practice sword sweeps down towards the tip and cracks his fingers, elicting a yelp of pain and surprise, He drops that side in a hurry and you press advantage again, your sword lashing into his side multiple times until he is clutching and favoring it heavily and you fianlly allow for distance again, his broad sweep pushing you back into a lazy sellsword stance.

Roll 5d6+1 for Fighting.
>Response?
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 6, 3, 3 + 1 = 24 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138

suck my dick dice
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 2, 3, 6 + 1 = 24 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138
BY THE SEVEN
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 4, 6, 3 + 1 = 21 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138

"Well. Let us just say that my date with her went better than expected."
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 6, 3, 4 + 1 = 17 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138
>>
>>43970138
"Am I really the person to ask about Dornish politics?"
>>
Rolled 4, 6, 2, 2, 3 + 1 = 18 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138
That would be an offer better left for after this do t you think?
>>
File: eTm93GP.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
eTm93GP.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>43970156
>>43970174
>>43970177
hory sheeet
>>
>>43970177
>>43970174
>>43970156
We are fucking him like we are fucking his sister. Hot, messy and a lot of panting.
>>
>>43970156
Evidently the dice are as eager as an essosi whore.
>>
>>43970156

The dice gods like it rough, I think.
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 2, 2, 5 + 1 = 17 (5d6 + 1)

>>43970138

"Makes sense. A marriage helps make the whole peace talks look a lot more successful than they really were. The idea of alliances that far afield worries Yronwood's secret manueverings. As to why the Prince suggested it? No idea. Maybe he just picked the Lord and Lady least likely to kill each other. Your sister, from our brief time at the ball, seemed a fine lady."
>>
>>43970156
>>43970174
>>43970177
>>
>>43970156
>>43970174
>>43970177

Jesus. Apparently even the dice were mad.
>>
>>43970177
Lets not say that. I don't want to imply we fucked his sister before marrying her
>>
>>43970138

"I think she likes me. Can you blame her?"
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x584
>>43970200
>>
>>43969936
>Bordain seemed oddly immune to being a part of anybody's scheming.

To be fair, Bordain's local politics are all pretty mundane, given the relative period of calm he's in. And, other than Tywin, most of the Lords probably haven't had cause to consider him a viable piece to put on the board, given his known temper and lack of pedigree.
>>
>>43970234
Whuh? It's 24, 24, and 21.
>>
>>43970290
One of those is a bonus dice.
>>
>>43970290
He may have 4 fight, with a bonus die. In which case you drop the lowest in each set.
>>
>>43970283
>other than Tywin, most of the Lords probably haven't had cause to consider him a viable piece to put on the board, given his known temper and lack of pedigree.
Nah, that just means you put him on the board by getting him mad at someone else.
>>
Will we ever get a dragonbow?
>>
>>43970302
>>43970304
Bonus dice? Is that true Dad?
>>
>>43970333
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15t70f-uSAGgm9tFSADoJfgfhcQwaAHKMSEVeTTIhkho/edit?pli=1#gid=0&vpid=A1
>>
>>43970332
Yes, just not right now when we have more pressing matters. e.g. to build up an army.

There will be a period of lul anon, dont worry.
>>
>>43970332
Illiad's brother should be able to make it
>>
>>43970383
He'd turn it into a crossbow.
>>
>>43970332

Do we have dragonbone available to us?
>>
>>43970474
From the very first thread.
>>
>>43970474
Yes. We got it on the second thread.
>>
>>43970474
Yes. We got it in the second thread. Dad is mad we haven't used it
>>
>>43970491
Back when Father thought we wouldn't get out of our crushing debt
>>
>>43970485
>>43970491
>>43970511

Oh jesus. Do we need a specialist to shape it into a bow? With House Fortune rolls and management coming up once we get out of Dorne we probably ought to make that a priority.

It'd be hilarious to put an arrow through Redward's neck from some obscene distance.
>>
>>43970542
It wasn't so crushing desu
>>
>>43970311
To be fair, that was the first tactic someone used against him. it was the whole "Knock-Off Game of Thrones Quest" ARC, that someone was framing his neighbor and pissing him off. That dude died. And may have been being paid by Littlefinger.

I think it's more that, with Tywin Lannister and Littlefinger scheming around Bordain, no one else has a chance to be involved.
>>
>>43970559

Oh my god.

Do we have statistics available for the range increase and accuracy advantage a dragonbone bow could offer?

We could hunt Redward and put an arrow into him from afar. So long as we don't use one of our signature arrows I can't think of anything that could possibly tie us to the assassination.
>>
>>43970662
It would improve, but not "Arrow from fucking no-where" improve.

Besides, if you just assasinate Redward then the lands get transfered by the queen to another hostile house. No, he needs to die during a legitimate (in the eyes of the crown) claim bid for his land back into the malroy fold.

To do that, we need to chip, chip away at his standing while improving our own.
>>
>>43970662
>Shooting an arrow all the way from Steadhold to Redward with a message saying "Get fucked Redhead!"
>>
>>43970694
Since our sister is pregnant the land would go to his child.
>>
>>43970718
Ah, true. And we could claim them back into our house since our sister would be regent. Unless we got dicked by the queen making someone acting regent to stop us.

The point is doing it while not in a legal claim bid is not going to flow in our favour in the current political climate. We need iron solid legality that cant be dicked with.
>>
>>43970696

I love it.
>>
We first learned high valyrian at home, not abroad right? So our sister would also probably speak it, so when arryn arranges that visit we might very well be able to have a genuinely secret conversation.
>>
>>43970824
That is a good point to remember for the time.
>>
>>43970849
Yeah I just wanted to confirm it's feasibility without searching through the entire quest archive
>>
>>43970849

It is a good thing to keep in mind. I'd love the hilarity if we found ourselves using it, though.

>"I'm a real Westerosi lord, not some faux-Essosi sellsword"
>"You married a Dornish spy and speak High Valyrian."
>"A REAL Westerosi lord!"
>>
>>43970960
Yeah but anyone saying that can be rebuttled with
"And for three hundred years the throne was ruled by people who spoke High Valyrian and married into Dorne. So what?"
>>
>>43970996

Terrible rebuttal with Robert's ass on the throne. He'd probably kill you just for speaking like that.
>>
>>43971012
He is past the kill everything rage part. Now its slow steady decline into depression.
>>
>>43970996
>>43971012
Yeah I think we'd probably be better off with "unless you're going to tear down your septs and raise up weirwoods we're ALL varying degrees of essosi foreigners."
>>
>>43971038
He never gets past the rage and kill every dragon part anon. Ever.
>>
>>43971038
Yeah but someone talking about how fucking targ-y they are would probably be enough to rouse him for long enough to fuck us
>>
>>43971069
Fair point.

>>43971053
Is probably the best rebuttle.
>>
Seven Hell's I am going to throw my router into the lake. Again, hold tight guys.
>>
>>43971100
>Again
>>
>>43971100
It wants to go swimming? Also nice dub dubs. How bad did Quentyn get fucked?
>>
>>43971100
Don't worry, the card thief will take it.
>>
Success, three degrees.

Lord Quentyn takes exception to your stance, the half challenge provoking him into action again, and you smile, eyes lighting up even more in the sunlight, the roaring flame meet the pools of blue. He swings his spear over his head, allowing it to extend his reach further with each long swing, this puts you on the back foot, the new technique being different in the former to a degree. His jabs are now closer to your breast, the swings coming to meet your sword or crack at your head and shoulders. A particular fierce one nicks your outstretched free arm and your elbow throbs from it. you find yourself using only your left hand to fight now, though it is your favored to begin with it feels worse attempting to deflect, so again you decide that you need to press inwards and finish him. You notice the swings coming predominately from his right side, the left being shielded against you, most of the flourishes go over that shoulder as well, you need only gain a moment inside his guard to force him on the backstep.

Your eyes glance Lucas pressing far into Ser Symon, his sword blows being absolutely brutal in execution, the returned ones seeming ineffective against the bulk of the Knight’s armor. The two knights had a smaller rivalry between them, nothing a spar in the yard couldn’t fix. Wesley on the other hand was have far worse luck, his mystery knight being so deeply entrenched in his guard that for every one strike your cousin was able to deflect, two more landed on his rib cage, his joints, his legs. The poor boy was still a young knight by all accounts and could hold his own in times of need, but when his opponent clearly outmatched him? It was only inevitable. A final swing that rings his head is followed by a faint, “I yield Ser!” and you know it is done. Lucas and Symon seem to not have noticed, so it is merely 1-0 in Quentyn’s favor now.
>>
And you intended upon making it even in a moment. His last flourish was sloppy and it finally allows you time to move in, catching the jab under your shoulder and rolling down the shaft of the spear with a backhanded sword swing. It cracks into his bracer that he barely gets up in time at the expense of his spear and you’re able to thrust it into the ground with your elbows. His primary offense and defence gone leads Quentyn to attempt to roll off, his duck and cover tactics not being unlike your own, a leap behind you from the crouch is only halfway success, his side preventing him from landing anything proper. You spin upon your heel, digging away with quick steps and unleash another flurry of blows, focusing on both sides of his ribs and attempt to nearly rip the bracer from his arm.

It one point you catch a jab thrown into your gut, and in his haste to attempt to ward you off Lord Qorgyle fails to recognize that you do not bring a fist to a sword fight unless you mean it. Catching his arm only allows you to finally break him down. Your sword is immediately dropped, and you roll into his arm, tossing him over your shoulder onto the ground with the single smooth motion, and while maintaining your grip upon it drop to the ground yourself, rolling his arm between your legs and twisting it into an armbar. Quentyn’s facial expression changes in an instant going from, “Now I’ve got you,” to, “Oh Seven what is happening?” in an instant and as you rend the arm backwards he begins to tap out furiously on your leg calling, “I submit! I submit my Lord!”

You let go in short order and he recoils the arm to his body attempting to roll away but failing from his battered side. Your eyes cast towards Lucas again who is finishing his opponent with serious of heavy long strikes, slow and deliberate, bashing the ever living hell out of what was once a shield. A final crack to the ribs sends Ser Symon to one knee and he drops his sword in submission.
>>
A smile leaks onto your face. Even enough for now Quentyn, but you would not forget a lost horse race so easily. Pulling yourself to your feet again you stand over the defeated Lord and offer him a hand that he takes reluctantly, and you pull him up. He dusts himself off with a sour look on his face, and checks on Symon. Meanwhile you notice Wesley having pulled himself together and his opponent having seemingly disappeared, odd.

Quentyn waves to you, half heartedly and you follow him over to a pavilion just off of the yard, he gathers a cup to himself and you take on as well, drowning the sweet red happily. After sitting Quentyn begins to speak, “Lord Brynden I see at least the rumors of your fighting prowess are true. By the bloody Seven that hurt.”

You laugh, always happy to hear compliments of your skill at arms, “Thank you Lord Quentyn, I must admit, your skill with a spear is impressive as well. Near impossible to get close to you with those broad strokes.”

“I learned that from Prince Oberyn himself, many years ago, the man is a dynamo on the field of battle. So good to see you need not face him now.”

“Nor you Lord Quentyn. Particularly if-”

“If rumors of a marriage between our Houses are true, yes. So my Lord, have you any insight upon the matter?”

“Well… It seems a logical step. Though entirely for appearances, it would make these ‘peace talks’ look more successful. Far flung alliances between the Crownlands and Dorne may give those in between pause. For why the Prince suggested it? I have not an inkling myself Lord Quentyn. Perhaps he drew from a hat.”
>>
Lord Qorgyle scoffs, “Unlikely my Lord. The Martells do nothing without purpose. But who am I to deny such wishes. Though… I would suggest something… Different shall we say. A marriage is a high profile affair, particularly among such a locale as Dorne at this moment in time. I would say rather a betrothal, a promise of marriage in four, five months time? No doubt you would wish to prepare your Steadhold for the reception of your new wife, and I am well aware of your Melee commitments in the months prior. And I would enjoy nothing more, than to see the Crown sweat from the Red Keep when they see a veritable army of the Dornish upon their doorstep for nothing more than a party. Your thoughts my Lord?”

It seemed a feasible idea, Lord Qorgyle was open with his intentions and you appreciated that immensely for once. And it still did well for your House, a betrothal was hardly a step below a full marriage, and played less to Arryn’s hand. Meanwhile your House experiences the perks of such an elevation from hosting House Qorgyle and the marriage itself. Not to mention Royce may very well shit himself if we saw such marching north. Perhaps, perhaps.

>Agree with Lord Quentyn’s proposal
>Do not, push for the marriage here and now

>Any other particular response or ideas?

There we go, god dam.Funny enough it's the girlfriend that is better with technology. This is probably an elaborate ploy to get back at me for the Arryn/Giselle thing.
>>
>>43971289
>>Agree with Lord Quentyn’s proposal
That's actually a damn good idea
>>
>>43971289
Yeah sure, sounds fine to me.
>>
>>43971289
>>
>>43971226
>. you find yourself using only your left hand to fight now, though it is your favored to begin with
>we are lefty
Cool
>>
>>43971289
>Do not, push for the marriage here and now

Honestly, i would feel more at ease if we did this. Might also cheer up Obella making her less sour about her brother, cant imagine her wanting to wait.
>>
>>43971289
>>
>>43971226
>Success, three degrees.

Fucking hell we kicked his ass.
>>
>>43971289
>>
>>43971289
My paranoia isn't going off from this. Let's do it
>>
>>43971289
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this, granted I also saw nothing wrong in the meeting until Arryn had us take a fall so y'know.
>>
>>43971289
I warned you man. Putting your GF in a quest is asking for it.

jokes aside:

Because Redward would double down on his army, which is precisly the wrong fucking move and we need him to do it.
>>
>>43971318
Oh shit I just noticed that.
I also dug him whipping out a fucking armbar.

Brynden why you so cool?
>>
>>43971289
It does seem the better option. And I would like to see the faces of those very same lords myself.
>>
>>43971347
It also quite deliciously makes it so if he tries to crash our party we will have his ass on a platter better than any other.
>>
>>43971289
Ask him if it is okay we can claim our "betrothal rights" Just in case she is pregnant so it wont raise any eyebrows. Add ofcourse only if Obella is willing
>>
>>43971374
No. That's dumb.
>>
>>43971289
>Agree.

If nothing else, it gives us a potential thing to fight about with Obella!

Yay!
>>
>>43971374
I think when she hears the plan she'll PROBABLY take some moon tea, because pregnancy will no longer grant an advantage. When marriage wasn't on the table it would've meant a bastard that could be used against us, but now we ARE going to marry any it would just make her future husband look bad, which makes HER look bad.
>>
For some reason agreeing here sounds like a bad idea but I can't point out why.
>>
>>43971404
This is the begenning of a great marriage.

If my own parents are any example, more arguments means more make-up sex!
>>
>>43971417
Dude. Moon Tea is morning after pill. Its not a abortion. If she is with child it is already too late.
>>
>>43970824
Yes and no. You learned the basics at home, but Illiad was your main teacher. That being said, Isis does indeed know more, she was being groomed for a suitor of Valyrian descent.

So possible.

Alright looks like we're all cool with having a big old loyalist bash a stone's throw away from King's Landing. I'm a huge fan. Writing. Final stretch guys.
>>
>>43971420
Paranoid lords back in kings landing who are already accusing us of stirring up shit.

We get back home and we'll have accusations to fend off. Then several months afterwards a small army shows up. It aint gonna look good. So we should probably at least let the hand know and make the event as gaudy and pimped out as possible.
>>
>>43971436
http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/A_Myriad_of_Questions/
Yes it is, especially early.
>>
>>43971459
>having a big old loyalist bash a stone's throw away from King's Landing
Oh shit. The stag won't be happy.
>>
>>43971459
I guess it is time to tell Obella, Arryn and Dontos the good news that it is now official.
>>
>>43971463
At the very least we can come up with some bs spiel about how the proposal was meant to make the peace talks more concrete
>>
>>43971516
I want to see what Dontos will bitch about.
>>
>>43971524
Right it's proof of burying the hatchet via copious amounts of sponsored violence. Marriage and a melee what could be better?
>>
We could of course send the king a official invitation with information about said event (and about the surprise, but shhh). Or Jon could tell him when we tell Jon (which he will, and we will have to). But both of them arn't going to say shit to anyone else. It'll be lots of funny panicing and then the "Yeah, we already know about it". Cause Cersi will panic and the king will laugh his ass off.
>>
So it's common to hold a Tourney at wedding celebrations, with the bride to be named as the Queen of Love and Beauty. We're doing that right?

Imagine having Dontos and Quentyn as her champions.
>>
>>43971624
As if we wouldnt have our son as her champion.
Do you even cute would be knight anon?
Plus it would embarress the shit out of him, which he needs every now and then.
>>
>>43971594
All in all I'd say send the king an official invitation even if Jon will probably have already let him know. Make it entirely clear that we didn't have any thought of hiding it from Robert personally, just from uh... everyone else.
>>
>>43971673
Im down with that. It covers our asses officially and unofficially.

Just make sure to include a back up plan incase the king actually decides to show up. E.g. we can bash out seating and wine and shit for him on command.
>>
Do you guys ever wonder if Dad's players are secretely manipulating us as fellow anons?
>>
>>43971717
All the time.
>>
>>43971717
I don't think it's exactly... manipulation. They're privy to that much extra information, so is there really any difference between them and any other anon?
>>
>>43971717
Targfag is a player.
>>
>>43971779
Tarfag is a salt mine prospector.
Theres salt in dem dere threads!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.