[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War Warhammer Campaign Trailer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-09-46-01.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-09-46-01.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
New Video

We Waaaagggh Boyz now

https://youtu.be/vJUWImJUZrU
>>
>>43963559
>Wah
>>
>>43963559
>Filthy elf worshippers on map

Was Brettonia confirmed playable?
>>
>>43963804
You can play Empire with Bretonian colors, but there's no Bretonian units yet.
>>
>>43963804
The playable races are Greenskins, Empire, Vampire Court and the Dwarves.
Don't worry, they will milk the shit out of these three games.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151203_0002.png (879 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151203_0002.png
879 KB, 1280x768
>>43963824
>but there's no Bretonian units yet.
Then why the fuck is louen walking on the map?
>>
File: wp_ss_20151203_0004.png (147 KB, 307x470) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151203_0004.png
147 KB, 307x470
>>43963846
bretonnia coming soon as DLC announcement fucking when?
>>
>orcs have occupy options that don't include killing the entire population
Okay
>>
>>43963846
Oh, all the models are in the game. They need to be so you can fight them. Likewise a lot of the sounds for these units will be in the game, and their icons, and their buildings, and some of their flavour text.

But you can't play them until you drop $49.99 for the "expansion pack"
>>
>>43963894
Slavery is a thing, as is having fun with the umies for a bit, orcs are not khornates

Or it may simply mean that the orcs settled but there's still some resistance
>>
>>43963912
Nope, because the expansions are stand alone. Chaos and Brettonia will both be 15€ DLCs.
>>
>>43963746

wot're we goin ta do on da bed, boss?
>>
>>43963954
Requesting the pic
>>
>>43963973
>>
>>43964452
Thank you.
>>
Are they really expecting me to buy a total war game after the absolute purge that shogun 2 and especially rome 2 were ? A total war game based on a dead license ?

>B-But muh rome 2 patches !!!

The game was unplayable and absolute shit and went from that to "only crashes every 2 hours and is still garbage". What an improvement.
>>
>>43963879
Not till they announce the expansion/stand-alone sequel.
>>
>>43964635
No, they don't expect you to. They expect the thousands of others who "watched that video and never played Shogun or Rome and thus not give a fuck what you think" to buy it.
>>
>>43964635
You're spoiled, expecting a good base Total War experience.

Back in my day we bought it for the quality of the engine and mod friendliness, and we were glad of it!

But seriously, if the modders can get in there and wring some decent gameplay out of the core mechanics that exist there, I'm fine. I don't even care if it's sort of bad base.
>>
>>43964635
Sega's CA is the new GW
>Oh don't want to buy our stuff? Oh no! Whatever shall we do? Now we cannot sleep on our giant piles of money because only 99,999 people bought our shit instead of 100,000!
>>
>>43964635
Surprisingly enough Attila is fine, but the business model is absolute crap. And to be fair Rome 2 is entertaining, the problem is that at some point you are too strong, the political system is crap, the AI is retarded and other stuff.
>>
>>43963559

To be honest, I'm still playing medieval II with Stainless Steel, family.

I'll probably pick up the total warhammer trilogy as a bundle in 2020 and enjoy it deeply though.
>>
>>43964686

>Back in my day we bought it for the quality of the engine and mod friendliness, and we were glad of it!
>mod friendliness
>Shogun 2
>Rome 2
>mod friendliness
>mod
>friendliness

Nigga you high ?
>>
>>43964635
Shogun 2, particularly Fall of the Samurai was fine though. If this game is more Rome 1/FOTS and less Rome 2/Empire we cool.
>>
>>43964735

The shittiest shit in the game are the battle themselves. None of the game had a really good campaign map or IA or whatever but the battles were great. Since shogun 2 the battle mechanics are just silly and plainfully bad. I spent >1500 hours on rome 1, medieval 2 and the empire/napoleon games, damn I even played 150h with shogun 2 but I couldn't play rome 2 more than 5 hours AFTER it was totally patched and modded to not be a too huge pile of shit.
>>
>>43964779
Not at all. Did I say those were good examples? I'm sure I didn't.

I meant the good examples before that you were probably thinking of, like Medieval and the FIRST Rome(s).

You could do a lot with those comparatively.

You can still abuse Shogun 2 into some meaningful changes too for what it's worth.
>>
>>43964829

Nigga your post made literally no sense if that wasn't what you really meant...
>>
>>43964820
Seriously?
I much prefer the newer battles to the old.
Now units actually have a sense of weight and impact to them.
>>
>>43963804
>Elf Worshippers
>Brettonia

What? Did I miss something?
>>
>>43965171
The lady of the Lake is 99% confirmed to be The Queen of Atel Loren, boosted by the believes of the Bretonnians.
>>
Didn't see any on the campaign map So I gotta wonder how they'll do beastmen
>>
>>43965308
My guess is a long way down the line, and probably as an extension to Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>43965276
I thought she was 100% confirmed to be the goddess Lileath in the end times nonsense.
>>
>>43965423
>end times
Not canon here
>>
>>43965423
Could be. Haven't read any of the End time stuff.
>>
>>43965452
Everyone should read the first book. Mostly because its the biggest source of undead lore since the Rise of Nagash trilogy
>>
What's the best Total War game to jump on with? I don't play a lot of strategy games so this was only on my radar because of Warhammer, but I'd like to try one of the older ones to see if I like the gameplay.
>>
>>43965517
I might at some point.
As it is I'm still too pissed to get any enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>43965451
the events of the end times are irrelevant obviously, but that's the canon answer to one of the big mysteries of the setting
>>
>>43965525
Shogun 2 Is pretty good in that it offers a limited range of troops that lets you get to grips with the game mechanics without spending hours leafing through faction descriptions.
Just make sure you get the Realm Divide fix.
>>
>>43965308
Hopefully like Rebels, but they gather in forests before attacking all your production buildings
>>
>>43963894
>Greenskins
>Consistent behavior
Shit, in old lore humans joined WAAAGHs. Not Chaos human, regular ones.

Orcs don't care. They want a fight when they have enough numbers, and want to prep for fighting between fights.
A human willing to hammer their helmet more Orcy or gather firewood is a good human.

Hell, in lore they treated a Giant who painted himself green as a brother rather than a slave.
>>
>>43965525
The original Rome is the best, but if you think it's too dated then get Shogun 2.
>>
>>43966600
Personally I like Medieval 2 much more with the sole exception of the trait creep. Being able to build everything you want in just one or two settlements is enticing but knowing that you shouldn't and should instead specialize is what makes it great. I feel the new games have missed out and by forcing specialization have hamstrung rich, small 'tall' territories such as Venice, the Netherlands, Denmark, and other such historical realms.
>>
>>43963559
Looks nice, but they tell me in the beginning I should not buy on release and wait for the xpacks.
>>
>>43963559
When I watch it in HD, it doesn't seem very HD. Does anyone else notice that?
>>
>>43963912
>>43963943
I've heard Bretonnia is the first 'FreeLC' for the game. Still, there will be a mod within the first week that will allow all factions playable, no doubt.
>>
>>43963559

what is raze?
>>
>>43969109
When you wipe out an entire small section of the map, so no one can build anything on it.
>>
>>43969212

Should be standard with orcs actually.
>>
>>43969312
Orcs don't raze everything, it just naturally becomes that way over time due to their constant infighting and lack of care for the surrounding environment. They showed in the video that territory becomes orc-ified when they capture it.
>>
>CA can't support mods for Total Warhammer because GW would get mad
>>
Brets>>>>>>>>Empire any day!!! seriously, never been a fan of the empires 17th century "Cracker jack goes to war" uniforms.

And whats all this now about the Brets worshipping elves? So their lady of the lake is actually a major elf character???
>>
>>43969462
Starting in the 6th edition Bretonnian army book, there were hints that the Lady was more than she appeared to be, namely with the Fay Enchantress having the same stat line as an Elf sorceress and a line in the Wood Elf book about young human boys who live with them, which corresponds with human boys being taken by the Enchantress due to their magical abilities.

During the End Times, the Lady is sick or whatever and then she's revealed to be Lileath, a Elven goddess. The End Times was basically a big middle finger to Bretonnia and anyone who played them because the writers had to force in melodrama wherever they could.
>>
>>43969365
>They showed in the video that territory becomes orc-ified when they capture it.
That's a nice touch.
>>
>>43969582
Yeah, I really enjoyed seeing these noble dwarf statues being defaced. It's one of those little details that wouldn't be a huge deal if they weren't included, but are greatly appreciated when they are.
>>
>>43963559

Watching that was just another reminder of how the strategic map in turn-based games should be 2D.
>>
File: Sugerbombs.png (88 KB, 337x251) Image search: [Google]
Sugerbombs.png
88 KB, 337x251
>>43963559
>Faction-specific art on the raze/occupy/etc. buttons
Neat.
>>
>>43965308
Yeah I was going to wait till I could play my drunk, feces covered, children of Chaos...

But I think I'll wait till I can play my Chaos Dwarfs and burn everything on the back of a Bale Taurus
>>
>>43969911
But anon, everything on the back of a bale taurus is already on fire.
>>
>>43969758
>Watching that was just another reminder of how the strategic map in turn-based games should be 2D.
Por Que?
>>
Odd that Athel Loren is on the map, but not marked.

Also, Albion is marked on the map, but who controls it? Surely Albion isn't separated, or does Telia control it?

>>43969439
CA have said there won't be workshop for the game, but that didn't stop mods prior to their introduction in Shogun 2. So, just like ME2 had entire game conversion mods, so will Warhammer. They just can't let it be supported cause GW moaning.

>>43969312
>>43969582
>>43969610
What's the name of that giant iron fortress the Orcs control? It's like in a path between Badlands and Empire or something. I can't remember it's name.

>>43967570
They're not expansions, they're standalone game. So, say you don't like the factions on offer in this one. The second one can be bought and played completely on it's own. If you don't want it, you can get just No.3 and that can be played on it's own. If you get all three, or just two, they combine. Basically, see how the 1st game is just Not!Europe? Well if you buy it, then the 2nd area (fuck knows what, let's say Ulthuan and Naggaroth) that will be added to the Not!Europe map and you can go between the two, just like Empire Total War. 3rd one is assumed to be Not!Lustria and Not!Egypt. That will be added two, so you can go to Not!Canada, Not!Atlantism, Not!Europe, Not!SouthAmerican and Not!NorthAfrica.

Or if you don't want Not!SouthAmerica, then you don't need to buy it and it won't stop the other two games combing.

It's a cool idea.

But, if you're not sure, I'd wait a year, or perhaps wait till all three is out or something.

>>43965308
>>43965369
>>43969911
Assumption is they'll be in the second game, with Wood Elves, High Elves and Ogres. Possibly as a preorder bonus faction, with the 4th being Dark Elves.

>butwejustdon'tknow.jpg
>>
>Ork Artifacts are only powerful BECAUSE orks think they are
40 keks! That is as many as four tens!
>>
>>43970119
I would say either Bretonnia or the Empire controls Albion at the moment, until Lizardmen are introduced into the game where they storm the island and retake control.

The Iron Rock. North of Black Crag, east of Barak Varr.
>>
>>43970119
I'd have thought high elves getting bundled in with dark elves would be a more likely option for an expansion-game. Maybe lizardmen too, if that doesn't make the map too big for said expansion-game. WE-HE-Ogres-Beastmen doesn't really have coherency to it apart from the WE-beastmen fisticuffs (which seems more suitable for a zoomed-in campaign like Kingdoms or that Last Roman thing CA did).
>>
File: 1416482703478.png (209 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1416482703478.png
209 KB, 1152x864
>>43970182
40 of something you say? Also

>Orks

Triggered. Also, where is it stated they think that? As far as I knew, everything they had was magical to some degree.

>>43970184
Well, Lizardmen didn't really control it. It was a Druid place, then during Albion campaign they arrived to stop Chaos. Funnily enough, there is a place on Albion called Forge of the Old Ones, which is, surprisingly, where Nottingham is on the map. Anyway, they did form a city and start the process of growing a jungle, with Mazdamundi and Kroq-gar controlling it, but then they returned to stop Hexoatl falling. But that got retconned in 8th. So, it's unlikely to be Lizardmen at all. I say it'll be a Druid faction or be barren with the option for any faction to build cities there. If you've played Attila, you know you can raze cities and repopulate them, so I assume they'll auto be 'razed' with an option to make them yours.

And thank you. Iron Rock, that's awesome. You got people going "hur dur Orcs settling in cities, I see CA is paying attention to detail". People who don't know Orcs take control of cities and fortresses as much as others do.
>>
>>43970300
My memory of the island comes from 6th and 7th, when the Lizardmen took control and proceeded to slaughter all the human inhabitants, leaving only the most sneaky of druidic humans.

I think they're the ones not paying attention as Black Crag is one of the largest Orc strongholds. It used to be Karak Drazh, a Dwarf hold, so I'm not sure where this 'greenskins never hold places' comes from. Sure, the majority move from place to place but if there's a place worth taking and holding you'd be sure that they would at least try it out.
>>
>>43970067

Biggest reason is better legibility. It's easier to recognize units, locations, resources, etc. when they're not polygons imposed on a polygon background. Besides being able to zoom in and go "ooh!" there's no practical reason for the strategic component of a game like this to be 3D, and everyone plays at the same perspective for pretty much the entire game. It also frees up development time and processing power for other uses.

I played Age of Wonders III recently, and couldn't stop thinking how it would have been a better game with sprites on a 2d landscape. Or at least polygon models on a flat background.
>>
>>43970258
See, I assumed it would be

High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves and Ogres, with Beastmen being preorder. But you may be right.

See, the problem is, Ogres are separated from the Empire by the Dark Lands, which has Chaos Dwarfs in it. I was assuming it was 5 factions per game + DLC. But since we don't know...

Perhaps Ogres, Daemons, Chaos Dwarfs and Beastmen?

3rd being High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Tomb Kings?

But then what about Wood Elves? They must be a DLC or a 2nd game. You can't ignore them, they're smack bang in the middle of Not!Europe.

What bout Beastmen, Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres?

3rd game being High Elves, Dark Elves, Daemons and Lizardmen?

But then what about Tomb Kings? That's the problem. Ogre Kingdoms are too separate so you have to put Chaos Dwarfs in or make Ogres somewhere else.
>>
>>43970378
There was an Albion campaign and Lizardmen arrived to stop Chaos from doing shit and teamed up with the Druids to help fight them, while killing Dark Emissary. Order won and pushed Chaos back, with Lizardmen staying in a new city called Konquata - Place of Resistance.

>The threat to Albion. The Slann create gates to the island, and Scar-Leader Kroq-Gar leads the first war parties to cleanse the island.

>Lord Mazdamundi begins to alter the climate of the island, and a new jungle is formed. Works begins on a new temple city, Konquata (Place of Resistance).

Anyway, Lizardmen and High Elves had set up Not!Stonehenge before hand.
>>
>>43970591
Albion got Sunset Invasioned.

Hasn't that been retconned anyway ?
>>
>>43970378

>Shadows Over Albion
>After the Chaos Incursion in IC 2302, the cursed Daemon Prince Be'lakor managed to escape his fate of madness and imprisonment and started to materialize in the Citadel of Lead in northeastern Albion. He misguided some of the Truthsayers to became his Dark Emissaries, to help him regain corporeal form. The Dark Emissaries roamed the World in search of any evil, warmongering, ambitious or at least greedy, leader who would come to the Islands of Albion to divert the energies of the Stone Circles and allow their Dark Master to materialise.

>Those Truthsayers who were not corrupted also travelled the world, to find help against their fallen brothers. Thanks to their efforts, fleets of all nations and races set sail to Albion, either to help or to stop the Dark Master and to earn the artefacts of the Old Ones. Both Dark Emissaries and Truthsayers summoned the mindless Fen Beasts to do their bidding.

>The Orcs and Goblins made landfall at the Muddy Point on southern Albion;
>The cursed Vampire Trashlar of the Strigoi bloodline started his campaign of terror;
>The Dark Elves beached two of their Black Arks on the northern shores of Albion and created Nagronath, a new, black city;
>Men of the Empire successfully conquered some territory and established the new province of Neuland.
>At the end the Slann magically changed the weather on the island and the Lizardmen started to grow a new jungle around the Forge of the Old Ones in a deep valley in the centre of Albion and founded a new city, called Konquata.

>In the aftermath of the campaign, the Dark Emissaries fled from the island and the Truthsayers followed to hunt them down. Both sold their service to other armies in the World as mercenaries, using their ability to raise and control Fen Beasts for the benefit of their employers.
>>
File: map-the-old-world - Copy.jpg (2 MB, 3016x2080) Image search: [Google]
map-the-old-world - Copy.jpg
2 MB, 3016x2080
>>43970447
I can't work it out either. It doesn't help that I've no idea if those other games will be entirely standalone, standalone but can also plug into the old world if you own it, or require you to own the old world part.

I also completely forgot about daemons.

Anyway, if I had to guess - and it is an absolute shot in the dark - I'd do the two big expansions like I've roughly drawn in pic related, and then add wood elves, daemons, brettonia, skaven and beastmen as faction DLC.
>>
>>43970644
The invasion wasn't retconned iirc, but the city was, or at least wasn't mentioned in 8th. The reason Mazdamundi and Kroq-gar were not at Hexoatl prior to 8th was they were setting up that city. In 8th, Mazdamundi was studying plaques and the reason he wasn't there. Kroq-gar was fighting Daemons at City of Echos or whatever.

Also, I just read, Gav Thorpe awarded magic items to the top armies in the Shadow over Albion campaign, I just read them. Dark Elves, High Elves and Empire were top. Dwarfs got a special item for highest win ratio.

Fuck sake, Lizardmen couldn't get top then? Was Slann Bunker not around then?
>>
>>43970708
The guy says in the video on OP the map will expand/unveil when you get the other games. So they're standalone, but if you have 2 or 3, they combine.

Oh God I forgot about Skaven. But your area is odd, who goes in there? Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs and? Beastmen? Ogres are to the East of Badlands.

So, yeah. You don't need to own the this game to play the other two. That's what has been implied.
>>
A bit of info on how the factions work that wasn't explicitly said in the vid.

>Each race will have the same unique starting point—for example Reikland with the Empire, and the Badlands for the Orcs. It will start small, and will eventually allow you to seize territories and work with or against other neighbouring factions. You don't start as the entirety of that race. You're just one tribe of the Orcs, so you have the opportunity there to seize territories, form alliances and build slowly. ... Karl Franz of the Empire is trying to unite all the different Elector Counts together. Thorgrim Grudgebearer is trying to take back all of the Dwarf strongholds.

>On diplomacy
>Likewise, you're going to have all of the backstabbing. The Empire's got a lot of that. Boris Todbringer in Middenland despises Karl Franz. He's not going to just lay down his sword and join the fight with him, so they're going to be backstabbing. You're not going to have it all your own way, where you're just steamrolling and acquiring all of those pieces.
>Yeah, diplomacy, as Rich mentioned, is not just between races. It's within the factions.
>Oh yeah, with the Greenskins you might try and essentially form a confederation between the different tribes. Or you might just go, no, I'm hard as nails, and go crush and accumulate them into your forces anyway. You have the different opportunities there to do one or the other.
>>
I, for one, cannot wait for the mods to turn this game into the glorious Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>43971068
>mods

Anon I...
>>
>>43970938
So I guess Averland is going to be going to be completely fucking crazy then.
>>
>>43971068
Mods for aos would imply interest in the aos, anon.
>>
>>43971068
>glorious Age of Sigmar
REEEEEEEEE
GET OUT
>>
>>43971213
shhh. let him wallow in what he's said
>>
File: Pomf.jpg (485 KB, 1142x1600) Image search: [Google]
Pomf.jpg
485 KB, 1142x1600
>>43963954
>>43963973
"Wah! What are we gonna do on the bed?"
>>
>>43971985
>>43971213
>>43971514
Fuck sake, this stuff is shitposting 101.

>le everybody hates AoS
>le WHFB wasn't a failing setting
>le WHFB was selling much more than 40k
>le AoS is automatically shit cause no lore xD 35 years of WHFB lore came out in a day!
>le nobody likes AoS at all, Dakkadakka told me!
>le the LE don't sell out that means it's not selling despite it being a game with 100% free rules, what? The Tau LE didn't sell out? But they sell well! Wait....

Etc etc. It's fucking boring. Be it on here or on /v/, you have some chucklefuck brining AoS into it. This is WHFB, not AoS. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>43972044
>>43971985
>>43971514
>>43971213
Every. Fucking. Time. You guys are the easiest bastards to bait.
>>
>>43972559
Blue board there, bucko.

Also, PROMOTIONS
>>
>>43972559
MMMMMMOOOOOOOODDDDDDSSSSS
>>
>>43972793
>>43972841
>Bait

TW;W won't have modding
>>
>>43973142
Wrong. It won't have Workshop support. Guess what, prior to Shogun 2, TW didn't have Workshop support. Didn't stop people making literally new games on ME2 like Third Age or Call of Warhammer.

So, it won't official mod support with easy to install one click mods, but it will be modable, like all games are.
>>
File: Power_and_plenty.WHedition.jpg (1 MB, 2262x1560) Image search: [Google]
Power_and_plenty.WHedition.jpg
1 MB, 2262x1560
>>43970708
Every time I see that map now, it remembers me of that Cathay/other realms thread where I tried to map potential not silk roads.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.