[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your warforged, /tg/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: HTspn.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HTspn.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
Tell me about your warforged, /tg/.
>>
>>43960555
Are warforged always medium? There aren't any halfling sized warforged are there?
Wouldn't be hard to add, just wondering if it's been done before to remember.

I like the idea that a dwarves house commissioned a few, and so in dwarven style they're angular and have massive metal beards.
>>
>>43960648
If you take Keith Baker's version of 5th edition Warforged, there are Small size warforged, yes. Officially, there's no Small warforged, but then again, officially there's no QUALITY Warforged either. (they suck in 5E)
>>
>>43960555
I've always sexually identified as an attack helicopter, but my DM says that flying is OP.
>>
>>43960555

I played a warforged Woodling who was stuck under a tree in a fey city for 100 years. He learned fuck all, and what he did was through a fey-crazy Gnome. He went through life as a blank-slate, child-like monstrosity, and eventually became horrifying without trying.

"Who'll take the other watches tonight?"
"I will."
"But don't you need to sleep?"
"I don't sleep. I wait."

Also, I made his voice all one tone, except for the last one or two words, which lowered in pitch.
>>
>>43960648
From memory in one of the 3.5 monster manuals (second I think). It has the normal warforged and a charger form (like a giant metal gorilla mixed with a horse) and a scout form (small and lanky).
>>
>>43960555
Mine are a small group built by an emperor, to serve his empire as basically a counter intelligence/special police force.only a couple dozen or so.
They cant be bribed, intimidated, poisoned, fooled by glamours or mind altering spells, etc. Theyre unflinching loyal to the empire as well, note, the empire, not the emperor. He specifically built them to put the law and the continued peace and prosperity of the citizen as a whole above all else, so that they would continue when he was gone, or if he became compromised in some way.
Think of a more chill and polite version of Judge Dredd, and then make them robots,and youve got a pretty good picture
>>
In a setting centered on guilds, my lawful good warforged elemental warrior (or thereabouts) served as a member of the law-and-order guild, the official-unofficial police force.

The party insisted on calling him Robocop.
>>
>>43960971
>>43961053
I'm noticing a theme.
>>
Well, might as well ask here if we're talking about Warforged.

Trying to make a Warforged in 5E (yeah, I know, already a bad idea) as a caster. Fuckoff-sized "cannon" built onto/into/around their arm, slot preparations into a chamber, rotate the drum around to meet the "available" spells. Nicely justifies limited spell casting ability.

I can homebrew this to hell and back and my GM will accept it. But how the fuck do I do it? I don't touch 5E much if at all (started on 3.5e), so I'm not sure how to not, y'know, upset the balance too much.
>>
File: bellato_union_by_ardira.jpg (238 KB, 1300x841) Image search: [Google]
bellato_union_by_ardira.jpg
238 KB, 1300x841
>>43960555
Fuck your empire Accretian.
Bellato Union FTW.
>>
>>43961053
Make sure to thank your local Boros guild member for all appropriate arrests
>>
I played a war forged monk seeking inner harmony and balance between his identity as man and machine. He suffered from memory loss, possibly self inflicted, and had only a mysterious tube stone who's purpose he could no longer recall. He made it his purpose to find the meaning of it, what it was, what it meant to his people, who his people were both then and now, and to learn his own past as viewed through the lens of history.

I actually made the character as an excuse to force the new DM to think about the history of his setting and I feel it worked spectacularly. I also like being the "stranger in a strange land" character for a change.
>>
I've wanted to make the shapeshifting robot ninja some day, if only to fuck with the GM for making me play 3.5.

Unfortunately, I haven't got the exact screencap, but the gist of it is that you pick warforged as a race in 3.5, which makes you a construct. Next, you manage to get the prestige class Ninja from Oriental Adventures. This isn't that special, but at some rather low level it gives you an at-will polymorph, limited to your type but plus-minus one size. So you're a Medium Construct who can pretend to be a Small, Medium or Large Construct. Do you know what's also a Construct? Animated Object.

Enjoy staring at that end table in the hallway, wondering if it's an assassin sent to kill you. All while the actual assassin is the lamp in the ceiling.
>>
Is this the living construct general or is it exclusively for Warforged
>>
>>43961839
This makes me think... Aren't minotaurs Monstrosities? And aren't they an Player race? That surely opens up some interesting shape shifting options for them.
>>
File: what i made warforged.jpg (34 KB, 800x355) Image search: [Google]
what i made warforged.jpg
34 KB, 800x355
>>43960555
>>
File: robot ninja.png (13 KB, 1319x290) Image search: [Google]
robot ninja.png
13 KB, 1319x290
>>43961839
Here you go.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.