[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so is gates of antares any good? was it worth the wait?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: GoA-product-mock-up-sm-600x563.jpg (127 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
GoA-product-mock-up-sm-600x563.jpg
127 KB, 600x563
so is gates of antares any good? was it worth the wait?
>>
File: T2phage.gif (11 KB, 284x289) Image search: [Google]
T2phage.gif
11 KB, 284x289
>>43959693
The website is way too busy (and "imtel"? really?)

Models look okay but generic, like someone filed the serial numbers off of Infinity.

So probably not, and probably not.
>>
bolt action IN SPAAAAAAAAACE
with d10s
>>
>>43959693
I've heard people say the beta rules had some janky stuff. Didn't read them, so can't personally comment on them.

The models outside of the Ghar are all pretty bland.
>>
models are ugly as fuck
never bothered looking at the rules because of it
>>
>>43962517
Some say that the models are okay or even good irl, but that the studio paint is ass.
>>
>>43960620
Viruses have RNA, not DNA.
>>
>>43965625
Viruses can have either, but not both.

I don't think they can have both.
>>
>>43965638
DNA is two RNA strands my dude.
>>
>>43965664
DNA is two strands, and RNA one strand, yes. That does not make them the same molecule.

DEOXY ribonucleic acid vs Ribonucleic Acid. One has lost an oxygen.
>>
>>43960620
is there a game where the PCs can play as a Virus?
>>
Most of their models are kinda generic, but the "Freeborn" are cool in my opinion. (pic related)
Some of their merc characters look good too.

It is using the Bolt Action random turn sequence which is awesome. That mechanic alone is making this game worth playing
>>
>>43967964
Friend of mine and me once were trying to set up a wargame where one of the armies was a mass of colonizing fungi.

Never went anywhere and the friendship fell apart, sadly.
>>
>>43968739
>where one of the armies was a mass of colonizing fungi.

So, just like 40k Orks?
>>
>>43968749
No, more like actual mushrooms that moved across a slime-mold biofilm (similar to creep in Starcraft).

The whole thing had all the armies broken between "Raiders" and Conquerors". Conqueror's gameplay would be very focused on take and hold, and area of influence to provide buffs, and Raiders would behave more traditionally.

Never really got farther than that, so god knows if we could have made it work. We were also going to do a skirmish game based on stealth and modern fantasy tropes. That one came along a bit further, and I may finish it someday.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.