[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awoken Overlord Quest III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 2
File: 414289582.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
414289582.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1078
You are Alice, a woman who might be having the most awesome dream ever. Or is it really a dream?
You woke up in some castle dungeon, found by a goblin, who proclaimed you as the new overlord. Along with nine other of his kin, you started rebuilding your once great empire from scratch.
In the last episode, you recruited a Kraken into your ranks (who sadly isn't much help yet), ended a fae party with a bang (and iron. Mostly iron.) and found a group of goblins, including an old, wise one in the mountains.
At the moment, you lead your army to the forests of Darthmoore, were you hope to fill your dwindling food stocks.

>We only were able to find two rabbits and three hands of berries, overlord Alice...
Kislax proclaims. That's not much. You need more. And a cure for being dependent on lucky scavenging, too.

What do you want to do?
>Return to your castle (you still have food for a week)
>Make camp in the forest (Gives another action in the forest)
Possible forest actions:
>Find something to train you/your army on
>Scavenge for food
>Scavenge for materials
>Scout for potential recruits
>Other (write in)
>>
By the way, sorry for starting the thread this late today. University stuff kept me in charge longer than expected.
If you still want to torture me for my wrongdoings, specify which way and we'll discuss it.
>>
Bump.
>Summoning players
>>
>>43949255
No punishment this time Overlord, you've been pretty cool about keeping this Quest going pretty regularly.

>Return to the castle

We have enough minions we should start restoring the castle. Food can be put off a little longer.
>>
>>43949255
>Scavenge for materials
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>43949616
>>43949747
Okay guys, I'll be rolling a tie breaker.
>>
You decide that you have some stones that are pretty good for restoring the castle, but stone can't fix everything, right? Furniture seems like something you would like wooden, as well as the goblin nest, for which old Japhex requires wood and lots of willows.
The decision seems clear. Materials are what you need now.
>Roll 1d20 for success. First three rolls, you know the drill.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>43949980
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43949980
>>
>>43949980

Keep the thread alive guys, gotta head to work. Be back in a few hours
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

And a final roll, so we can get going.
>>
>>43950124
>>43950136
>>43950308
Gregrix, now with a healed foot and knowing the hazard of falling trees, leads your goblins into the forest, looking for wood. It takes a surprisingly long time, but finally they return, smiling from ear to ear.
>Sorry for taking so long, but we had to build carts or we couldn't possibly transport all this wood. Today was a good day.
He's right. They must have taken several big trees, regarding the sheer amount of lumber.
>You did amazing. If we had more food, we would hold a banquet in celebration tomorrow. But I fear we might have to delay if for a few days.
The goblins nod, understanding the lack of food but admiring your kind of leadership. You doubt that your precedessor was big on rewards just from their reactions.
The night comes and you set up four goblins for the night watch. The rest slumbers away peacefully. Again it's you who has troubles to fall asleep. Might this actually be a dream after all? It all seems so... real.
>Good evening, Alice.
You turn around surprised. It's the old man again. However he always manages to sneak past your guards. He seems to know your question even without you having to ask it.
>Magical projection. I'm not actually here. Also I wanted to tell you that I've watched you so far.
He did? You don't even ask how, most likely the answer is magic again.
>What did you think of it?
You see grandfather smiling under his hood.
>As one of the few to have seen more than one overlord, I can tell you that you did pretty well. Using wits and justice instead of brute force... you're overlord for around two weeks yet and already surpassed overlord Armin.
Surpassed your precedessor? How? He did quite some impressive stuff, or at least so you heard.
>In what terms?
Grandfather chuckles.
>My sympathy. You're not quite overlord Yaren yet, but I see you going his way. Stay true to what you believe to be right, and you might even do this someday. Good night, Alice.
1/2
>>
With these words spoken, his projection fades away. Weird guy. But nice.
The morning comes without anything else happening and your goblins get up, ready for whatever you order.

Do you want to
>Stay in the forest (and do what?)
>Go home to the castle
>Other (write in)
2/2
>>
>>43950587
>Go home to the castle
>>
Going home. Alright. Writing.
>>
You decide that you should take this sheer amount of materials home and start rebuilding whatever you might need. After a march, that for the first time, is more tiring for your goblins than you, you reach your castle at noon.
Going through the material in detail now, you see that with this amount of wood, you can do two construction projects.
Japhex already seems to be thinking about good ways to use it.
>You can use half of the wood and half of the stones to reconstruct all the staircases to the second floor. And you could use the same amount to secure the ceiling of the first floor, which by the way also serves as a floor in the second. We could finally use lots of rooms again. Or we could delay it and build a nest down in the dungeon. Though it won't be very useful without a druid, as you know.

>Do you want to build? (if so, what? Your options are not limited to the aforementioned options)
>Do you want to do something else? If so, what?
>>
>>43951060
>Do you want to build? (if so, what? Your options are not limited to the aforementioned options)
Lets rebuild the 1st floor roof
>>
>>43951060
Build farm, and tunnels to irrigate farm
>>
>>43951388
Little hint: It's the second floor's ground, too. And you will most likely have to rebuild the staircases to complete this job acceptably.
>>
>>43951060
>repair the stairs to upper floor
>>
>>43951060
>stairs and floor/ceiling
>>
Repairing the upper floors, alright.
>Roll 1d20
First three and such.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>43951708
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>43951708
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>43951708
>>
>>43951750
>>43951788
>>43951842
Your goblins get to work with high spirits. The good lumber harvest was good for their morale. So within only three days, both the multiple staircases and the second floor are completely passable. While leading you around, Japhex and Kislax explain some of the rooms old functions.
>Here, this big room once was you library. Sadly, during your precedessor's downfall, the mages raided it and took everything interesting to them. There also was a paladin with them, who didn't think too highly about books aside from his holy books.
Japhex explains. Kislax looks sad.
>He even burned the Barry Rotter books, every goblin child's favourite books about friendship, adventure and necromancy. I never found out how the story ended.
he starts sobbing slightly but quickly regains his composure.
>Sorry about that. So this was a laboratory for all kinds of alchemy, over there, there was kind off a museum for impressive armaments he assembled during his reign and through that door, there is...

Interesting. You gained a lot of additional space with this. It needs some additons, sure, but for now this is all you might need. Except for food, as Cormix reminds you.
>There is food for four more days, Alice. Maybe we should do something about this. Just a thought...

What do you think of his thought?
>He's right. We need more food and possibly something to produce food on your own.
>We still have time. Let's do something else first.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43952126

how much worth food left anyway?
>>
>>43952126
>He's right. We need more food and possibly something to produce food on your own.
>>43952191
Says four days.
>>
>>43952221
>hunt and gather at forest

preferably trap some live animal to rear and breed
>>
>>43952221
>>43952298
Getting food and possibly livestock or something to make fields of.
>Roll 1d20 for success
First three.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>43952326
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>43952326
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43952326
>>
>>43952365
>>43952441
>>43952475
You decide to travel to the forest and gather food there. The best solution would be to catch and domesticate some lifestock or gather something as close to crops as possible and make your own fields. Your goblins split into teams of two and swarm the forest.
At noon, they return, a sizable amount of berries and roots with them. The brothers Roxyx and Rytex even carry a wild boar on their shoulders. They tell you that they tried to somehow get it into following but it got aagressive, so they had to kill it.

You've got food for three and a half weeks now, but not much that might be a good start for farming.

Do you want to
>Make camp (and use the afternoon for what?)
>Go home
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43952645
>Make camp (and use the afternoon for what?)

Storytelling beside fire time! ask about each recruits their background and reasons to join you, excite them with your prospects of war conquer, promise them with wealth and assign them with position and finally make them swear (again) undying loyalty pacts by their life and begins the era of Alice Overlord and his (12-13?)
bloodlords
>>
>>43952834
This. Also, see if any goblins know where to you could find some sheep or cattle. Failing that, see if anyone knows where to find some wild crops for the farm in the future.
>>
>>43952834
His 16(+grandpa Japhex). Also one Orc and a Kraken.
>>
>>43952912
>orc
i have no idea
>>
>>43952964
I'm pretty sure it was the guy that trained us in combat towards the beginning.
>>
>>43952912
"the 17 swore by the blood and bone, flesh and soul; fathers and sons; mothers and daughters; brothers and wives; sisters and in-laws; forefathers and the unborns; swords and daggers; spears and shields; iron and gold
>>
>>43953087
i like the "two sides" , anyone care to contribute to my premature work
>>
>>43952834
>>43952909
>What should we do now, Alice?
Kislax asks you.
>Start a fire and get everyone here. We're taking the rest of the day off.
you answer. Kislax seems surprised. Most likely he only made breaks to sleep and heal until now.
>Tell me, guys and gals. What are your origins? Where do you come from, why are you with me? What interesting things are there about you?
Nobody quite seems to dare to talk first, until Kislax finally breaks the silence.
>Well, I was born in the castle and lived all of my life before the fall as the personal servant of overlord Armin. This is where I got the things I know from. I was at every training, every parade, every discussion and meeting. Also, I'm Gregrix second cousin since we havee the same grandfather.
Now, the ice is broken and one after another tells his or her story. From the sextuplets' birth and upbringing by Japhex in the mountains, over Cormix' discovery of his love for cooking to Tilyx love for fine dresses and chocolate pudding.
Everyone feels like a part of a big, happy family and swears to follow you to the end of the world and beyond.
Slowly, your goblins glide over into the realm of dreams, so you decide to take the first watch yourself.

>Roll 1d20 for your awareness
First three.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>43953156
>>
>>43953156
>Everyone feels like a part of a big, happy family

I am evil right? or i am trying to be? or i am now pretending?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43953156
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43953156
>>
>>43953243
You are whatever you want to be. A nice person, just wanting to lead the realm to prosperity, An utter dickhead with lol so random motives or an evil conqueror. Most of the people I heard liked a "You do your best for me and the realm and the realm will do the best for you" approach. Pax Romana style.
>>
>>43953303
Can we be a good conqueror?
>>
>>43953220
>>43953246
>>43953286
You look into the dark and try to catch every sound. Nothing should be able to approach your camp.
There. A sound. From over there.
>FREEZE! IDENTIFY YOURSELF!
you shout while walking over to the now frozen, although shaking shadow.
>I... I... Please... no... don't... kill me..
the shadow sobs. Now, that you are closer to it, you can see it's some kind of little beastman. A mouse? No, it's some kind of mole. About half the size of a goblin.
>Why did you come to my camp?
you ask and are answered with more sobbing.
>My babies... they are hungry. But I hurt my left paw and can't dig for food. So I... wanted to... steal some from you. Do what you must do.
She lowers her head and seems to await the killing blow.

What do you want to do?
>Kill her. Nobody steals from Alice.
>Let her go. It was in good intent.
>Make her an offer she can't refuse.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43953246
>>43953286
Goodness
>>
>>43953434
I guess so. Depends on your choices and motives. Like pretty much everything here.
>>
>>43953445
>Take them with us
>>
>>43953445
>kill her. No one steals from Alice.
Just kidding.
>Take her and her infants in.
>>
>>43953445
Let the moles join us
>>
>>43953473
>>43953558
Alright. Writing.
>>
>>43953601 #
Specify that they must pull their weight, that we are not doing this soley out of the kindness of our hearts
>>
>>43953672
I want to play an overlord that's altruistic to fault. Undertake style. Like "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO FUCKING NICE? KILL ME ALREADY!" Doesn't mean we can't have a berserk button though.
>>
>I'm Alice. What's your name, lady?
you ask. She's still shaking and waiting for the final strike. After asking a second time, she realizes she's not likely to die yet and answers.
>Nila, milady.
You smile. This girl knows some manners.
>The correct title would be 'overlord', I guess, but most of the time I simply go by Alice. I have something to ask you.
She raises her head slightly, tears still shimmering in her eyes.
>And I'll answer, Alice. What is your question?
You lean down to her and stroke her hair for a bit.
>Can you get your children here safely? And are you interested in a safe and well-fed position for all of you?
Nila needs a few second to process the offer you just made her. Then she nods enthusiastically.
>I think I should be able to do so. But it will take some time. We'll be back at dawn, I swear.

She kept her word. At dawn, Nila and six little molechildren sit in your camp and hapilly munch on the food you gave them. After inspecting her paw closer, you find the reason of her troubles. A stone splinter, which Hakstix removes expertly. In a few days, it will be as good as new. With Kislax help, Nila swears the vows of fealty. Her children still struggle with speaking and just babble some hard to understand words.

Your troops, again grown for a bit, look at you, awaiting your orders.
>Let's get back to the castle
>We still have business here (of which kind?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43953869
>we still have to look for potential livestock and crops
>>
>>43953869
>>Let's get back to the castle
Figure out that farming thing.
>>
>>43953893
^
>>
>>43953893
>>43953989
Alright. Writing.
>>
>We still haven't found anything useful for farming. Go and look for anything like this.
you tell your troops. They split into their usual searching squad and Nila gives them a few tips about the forest.
Quickly, they weasel into the trees.

>Roll 1d20+1 for success.
First three.
>>
>>43954109
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

Let's try that again.
>>43954109
>>43954397
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>43954109
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

And a third one to continue.
>>
Rolled 20 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>43954109
>>
>>43954577
So close Anon...
>>
>>43954423
>>43954485
>>43954568
Your goblins return empty handed, Gregrix holding his right arm, which is bleeding. After cleaning and bandaging the wound, he tells you about the boar he found.
>It found it while... doing his business. I tried to jump it from a tree to knock it unconscious. This didn't work as well as planned. It didn't even try to run after me. This would have made it almost worthwhile.
Sometimes, you're just out of luck.
The sun stands in its zenith.
Do you want to
>Return to the castle
>Make camp for another day (and do what?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43954714
>Return to castle, scout surrounding area.
>>
>>43954714
>>Make camp for another day (and do what?)
search for more food
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43955064
>>43955152
Rolling for a tie breaker.
>>
You decide that your food stock will last for some time, so you will just return home. You pack up everything, every goblin carries a little molechild, since they are still unstable while walking.
Somewhere in the afternoon, you arrive and get the food stored and prepared to not go bad.
You ask Nila, where she and her children want to sleep for now, as she can't dig something on her own right now. They settle in a little niche in the throne room, between two pillars.
>Thank you for being so nice to us, Alice. We will do all we can to repay your kindness. I heard you wanted to make fields of your own? Once my paw is well again, I can find some good area to grow crops for you. And dig through it right away. My babies are nearly old enough to learn digging on their own, so they might help.
That's a good idea. You tell Nila so. She seems really happy.
The night comes and you go to your cell in the basement, which still is your room. You need to get yourself some furniture for a higher level room soon.
>Impressive, Alice.
It's the old man again. How does he even know where you are?
>Recruiting from the beastfolk. Only a few overlords ever did. Armin recruited from the lionmen of the far south and the bearmen of the north. But no overlord ever known has had molemen under his command.
No one? For some reason you feel special now.
>If I might give you some more guidance, never forget the humans over the other races. They also have things to offer. And as I always say, stay true to what is right. Good night, Alice.
And again, he is gone. This old man is surprising you with something new every time.

The morning comes and your troops gather.
>What are your orders, Alice?
Kislax asks.

>We'll go out again (to where? and for what?)
>We'll stay here (and do what?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43955581
>Travel to the human settlement, see if you can trade for crops/livestock.
>>
>I think the easiest way to get seeds or lifestock for our farm would be getting them from someone who already has them. Do we have anything worth trading?
you ask Japhex, who now serves along Groknak as your quartermaster.
>Well, we got a handful of stones and lumber left over from building. Not enough for anything serious, but maybe worth some coins or wares. On the other hand we only have food and us as a workforce for payment, but I doubt humans are too fond of anything not at least mostly human.
he responds. A difficult situation. You could take the materials and hope to get enough money out of them, otherwise you are kind of limited in your options.

What do you do?
>Get more things of worth first
>Take the materials and hope for the best
>Raid and take it by force
>Offer food or work as payment
>Other (write in)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alright guys, it's 4 am over here and I have to get a little bit of sleep. I'll be back in around 9 hours. Good day/night/whatever you have. See you later.
>>
>>43956135
>>Get more things of worth first
night mate
>>
>>43956135
Britain right?
>>Get more things of worth.
See if any of the goblins know of places to hunt for treasure. Also, can you set up a pastebin or archive with previous threads? Thanks for running.
>>
>>43956226
Germany. Close enough.
I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>43956268
Germany best Ermany.
>>
>>43956135
Did the old overlord have any mines or the like? Something we might be able to exploit for more valuable trade goods.
>>
>>43956226
Ask the kraken!!!
>>
>>43956135
>repair the castle
we have more men now
>>
>>43956135
>>Get more things of worth first
>>
>We need anything worth trading. Do any of you know something the like?
you ask. Kislax has to think for a few seconds.
>We might want to sell weapons or tools Groknak could forge or even the basic iron. But we're pretty low on iron, which is one of the reasons you're the only one armed and armored properly yet. With an iron supply, we could do it... Also, there are some old megalithic graves from old time on the plains. They could have treasure in them. As well as the old dragon's den on A'Kash's highest mountain.
You thank him for his thoughts and wonder if any of these could be the answer to your momentary problems.

Do you want to
>Enter one of the graves
>Search for the old dragon's den
>Search for an iron supply (where?)
>We've other things we could take care of first (what?)
>Other (write in)
>>
Hey guys, I'm back. How was your night/day/whatever?
>>
Bump.
>Summon players
>>
>>43962539
>Search for an iron supply (mountains of A'Kash?)
Looking for iron seems like the safest/least morally questionable course.
We could use some proper armaments for our followers as well.

I'll only be here a few minutes, then back in like 5 1/2 hours.
>>
>>43962763
Okay, have fun/success/whatever you need on what you're doing today.
>>
>We could need iron. Lots of it.
you decide. Japhex nods.
>Sounds like a good plan. I happen to know an old mine about an hour away from here. Overlord Armin got most of his iron from there. I don't know how much is left or if anybody might still be living or even working there, but I know this one.
Sounds like good advice. Still, maybe it would bring better results to find a new one? Also the Kraken said his pond was filled with iron as it sat upon a vein. Once you got him settled elsewhere, you could make use of this as well.

Do you want to
>Go to the old mine
>Find a new one
>Move the Kraken (how?/where?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43962809
>Go to the old mine

It's at least worth checking before we try something more difficult
>>
>>43962839
Alright. Writing.
>>
>We might as well take a look at the old one first. Maybe we're lucky and there's still iron to get.
you say. Japhex nods.
>Having a look won't hurt, that's correct.

You rally your troops and march towards the old mine. Japhex is coming with you this time, 'to get some fresh air sometimes' as he says.
You don't see the mine at first. It's expertly hidden in a little valley, an old, wooden hut covering the entrance and housing possible workers.
>This is it, Alice. Though we might not see workers, they might as well be inside.

Do you want to
>Enter the house
>Knock and wait for an answer
>Other (write in)
>>
Bump.
>Summoning players
>>
>>43962921
>Knock and wait for an answer
>>
>>43963166
>You knock and wait for an answer. Nothing. Again. Nothing. After three times, there is still no answer.
>Hello? Is anyone there?
you ask. No answer. Looks like nobody is home.

Do you want to
>Wait and continue knocking?
>Enter?
>Other( write in)
>>
>>43963342
>Enter?
>>
No one seems to be there, so it most likely can't hurt to see for yourself. Upon entering, you see a table, seven chairs and beds and a big, oaken wardrobe. After this, there is a gate made from iron, hammered into abstract forms and winding branches. It all seems intact, although dusty. Somebody lived here, but didn't use any of this for a long time. But there are no signs of a fight.

Do you want to
>Go through the gate into the mine. Nobody's here after all.
>Something must have made them leave without a fight. Better leave before meeting it.
>Other (write in)
>>
>Cast bump, maybe it will attract players.
>>
>>43963521
>Other
>Check Wardrobe/search for clues
>Also try to evaluate how hard it would be to remove the gate.
>>
>>43963862
Seconding
>>
>>43963862
You open the wardrobe. Maybe something in there can give you a clue to what happened here. There are multiple sets of working clothes in there. In the one which looks a bit more noble, maybe the clothes of the overseer or something, you find an iron key. It fits the lock on the gate perfectly. Slightly creaking, the gate swings open.

Do you want to enter?
>Yes
>No
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43963907
>Yes
>>
You decide to enter the mine. You're not big on minig knowledge, but maybe you'll find something obvious enough to know that there still is iron ore or none of it.
You walk down a broad passage supported by wooden beams. Every few steps, there is something in a niche in the wall. Pickaxes, candles, torches... you decide to pick up a torch. It's starting to get dark.
After a while, you come to a fork in the way.

>Go down the wide, winding alley
>Go down the small, dark alley
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43964134
>Go down the small, dark alley
>>
>>43964134
>Other (check support struts for the tunnels go the way that seems the most secure/least rotted)
>>
You take the small, dark alley to your right, but not before taking two more torches. It's incredibly dark in there.
You walk for five minutes, before you find a skeleton. Humanoid, around a goblins size, but with the bones arranged differently. Not for dexterity, but for strength and endurance. It's still wearing some rags which once might have been a miner's uniform.

What do you want to do?
>Go on. You have to know what happened here.
>Leave. This might be dangerous.
>Search the body for clues.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43964305
>Search the body for clues.
Then
>Go on. You have to know what happened here.
>>
>>43964305
>Search the body for clues
>>
Searching the body, you find a small iron dagger, which might become useful, if properly restored. You hand it to Kislax for keeping.
Also, you find a nearly withered diary . It reads
>Ansgar's diary
Day 1: We arrived at the mine, overlord Armin pointed us towards. Their old main shaft is exhausted and we are supposed to find and dig a new one. I hope everything will go according to plan.
Interesting. You turn the page.
>Day 5: We started digging a tunnel after completing our searching work. Hopefully it'll result in rich gains. Overlord Armin expects it.
You turn to the next page. What might have happened?
>Day 21: We dug upon a big hall of crystals. Normally a great find, Borrin disappeared while in there. Something is in there, I say. Something dangerous.
>Day 22: The boss ordered all of us to get in there and find Borrin. I hope nothing bad happens.
After this, there page stick together and it costs you some time to get them apart. From what you can reconstruct, the words are written with a brown, sticky liquid. Blood.
>It came. All dead. I'm hurt. Must... get... out...
Wow, that's seriously disturbing. Do you want to continue anyway?
>Yes. Nothing can stand up to the mighty Alice.
>No. This might be a bit too much for now.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43964453
>>
>>43964453
>>
>>43964584
>>43964622
A creature like this is most likely too dangerous for your group right now. Maybe you can come back later when you are stronger.
Without much of a chance to get anything from this mine, you just leave the alleys and stand in the house again, locking the gate again.
>What should we do, Alice
Kislax asks.

>Search for another possibility to mine iron ore from.
>Go home
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43964718
>Search for another possibility to mine iron ore from.
>>
>>43964856
Scout for another ore vein. Alright.
>Roll 1d20 for success.
First three rolls, as always.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>43965001
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43965001
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>43965001
>>
>>43965102
>>43965180
>>43965194
Your goblins come back and tell you of a vein they found. The plants on it are coloured red, which indicates that they absorbed some of it from the ground.
Upon inspection, Japhex teaches them that this place has no iron, but the plant instead is called blood moss. It's red by nature and is used to close wounds if used correctly.
You pick some of it and memorize the spot. This might be interesting for a cultivation.
Still, you got no iron yourself.

What do you want to do?
>Return to the castle
>Make camp (and do what?)
>Other (write in)
>>
Bump.
>We need players. Without them, no real story progression is possible.
>>
>>43965356
>Make camp and scout for other mines?

Next time we see the old man ask him about magic.
>>
>>43965750
Was the noble looking clothing human size? Would it fit us? In style as well as in size?
>>
>>43965820
This
>>
>>43965841
It's about goblin size, but different in build. You would have to be half your size, but one and a half time as wide to fit it. And it doesn't look noble, just more noble than the other.
Clothing for a overseer of a small group.
>>
You want to scout for other chances to get an iron mine. Alright.

>Roll 1d20+2 for success.
First three. As always.
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43965984
Let's hope I'm not shit ...
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43965984
Iron mine!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43965984
>>
>>43965998
>>43966003
>>43966021
You send out your goblins again. This time, they are not mislead by red plants and find some rusty red stones on the ground of the same colour.
>We could make a mine here. With the tools and such we salvaged from the other mine we could start right now.
Kislax says. You realize that he seems kind of distraught and ask him what's bothering him.
>I don't want to disappoint you, but I doubt we would do too great. No goblin ever had much experience in mining. Overlord Armin had trolls and such doing his mining and Overlord Yaren had dwarves under his command.
Interesting concern.

Do you want to
>Reassure him. Not knowing doesn't mean they can't learn it.
>Find someone more skilled in it to do the job.
>Find someone more skilled in it to teach them.
>Let it be for the moment. You can always come back later.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43966145
>Find someone more skilled in it to teach them.
>>
d e d
e
d
>>
>>43966189
Second

I wonder if molefolk would be good at it, since they're good at digging at least.
>>
>Japhex, we need someone skilled at mining. Do you know someone like this? Or know where we might find someone?
Japhex thinks for some time.
>I would have said Gaia, overlord Yaren's dragon, hadn't she passed away already. She was overseeing all of Yaren's mines. Maybe we can find someone like dwarves... or trolls, if we have to. If they exist, they won't have left these mountains, most likely. They need the rocky terrain to feel at home.
You thank him for the advice and think about what to do.

>Search for any signs of possible recruits in the mountains
>Put up a signpost advertising jobs at your castle
>Let it go for now. There's still time for it later.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43966360
They might know some of the basics of it but won't be that good at it, since they're used to basic earth instead of stones most of the time. But you might try.
>>
>>43966418
Can't we fish, sell fish to humans, and buy crops / livestock?
>>
>>43966189
If we are going to find someone more skilled, why let them teach our goblins and not try take them to our ranks?

>>43966418
>>Search for any signs of possible recruits in the mountains
>>Put up a signpost advertising jobs at your castle
I'd go with those. Let some gobbos go back with the instructions to make the signs/signpost and search with the rest for some Trolls or Dwarfs
>>
>>43966492
>why
because 10 miners are better than 1 miner
we can always take him as well
>>
>>43966528
Oh well. Yeah, haven't thought of that.
>>
>>43966462
You might. Still, only two of your goblins are skilled at fishing. And the nearest places with chances for fishing are on the plains, in the forest or in the Kraken's pond. Which he might not really support.
>>
Okay, so what do you want to do?
Fishing was said, searching, signposts...
You have five minutes to decide.
>>
>>43966711
Send two goblins fishing, the rest searching
>>
>>43966711
>search and signpost . If only one, search.
>>
>>43966822
This
>>
It's kind of humorous how this is developing. We need a constant supply of food for which we need seed/livestock for which we need iron weapons/tools to trade with for which we need iron for which we need dwarves to mine said iron. Reminds me of Runescape or something.
>>
You decide that you must try everything possible to find someone good at mining. So you take a piece of coal and write onto a big rock.
>Overlord seeks for minions skilled at mining and comparable jobs. Apply at Alice Castle.
You do this on several other rocks, too. Now you will go on a little exploration yourself.

>Roll 1d20 for success.
First three.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>43966988
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43966988
Here we go
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43966988
>>
>>43967002
>>43967119
>>43967191
After some tiring hours of searching, you stumple upon a valley of some kind. It's almost completely covered by a giant ledge. In its shadow, there are some big, bulky trolls coming out of caves, going back into others, all the while trying not to touch the small glimpse of sunlight that falls into the valley.
>Trolls. They're strong workers, but sunlight makes them unable to move. Also, they're not very smart most of the time. Better not try to provoke them.

Do you want to
>Continue watching?
>Go down and try to talk to them.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43967311
I'd roll with
>>Continue watching?
Seems to be the safest thing.
>>
>>43967311
>Continue watching?
Try to learn who their leader is, if possible.
>>
>>43967311
>Go down and try to talk to them.
I don't have all day man.
>>
>>43967355
>>43967383
You continue to watch them, hoping to learn something about their organisation. You need to know who their leader is for future negotiations. All the trolls outside seem to be either workers or guards. No one giving much of an order. But all of them tend to either avoid or especially frequent one of the caves. The two troll guards at the entrance also harden this thesis.

You've seen a few interesting things. What is your plan now?
>Continue watching (for what?)
>Go down there (how to act during this?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43967494
>>Go down there (how to act during this?)
Introduce ourselves as the Overlord, be friendly but also authorian. Also if we still think this is a dream, we can try to bend it a little with our thoughts right? Kind of metagaming this to get some magic on or something

>inb4 it fails horribly and I'm responsible for the protags death
>>
>>43967494
>Go down there alone. If you bring everyone, it will look way too threatening. Talk to the leader.
>>
You tell your squad to wait for you, while you go down there and try to negotiate.
>If you get in trouble, try tricking them. They aren't the brightest lights on the chandelier.
Japhex tells you. You nod and start to descend into the valley. Trying to look as confident as possible you walk towards the chief's cave.
>I'm Overlord Alice and I wish to talk to your chief. Could you lead me to him?
you ask the guards. One of them starts laughing and says
>Look, Groq! Tiny little human think is Overlord!"
The other guard, seemlingy smarter, slaps him.
>Look yourself, Throq. Is wearing overlord armor with crest. Must be overlord.
He leads you inside, where the biggest troll you ever saw is sitting.
>Chief, this is overlord. Wants to talk to you.
He makes a gesture for you to speak.

What do you want to say?
>Write in.
>>
>>43967845
"Greetings, I am the new overlord. I have come to ask your fealty. I offer you leadership and management in return."
>>
>>43967941
Seconding this I guess. I'm bad at write ins
>>
>>43967845
In exchange for a workforce trolls to work my mines, I will offer you an alliance. With this alliance comes whatever protection and knowledge I can offer. Although at present my empire is still in its infancy, I will not forget this favor in the future when I am powerful. Treat it as an investment, if you will.
>>
>Be greeted, chief of the trolls. My name is Alice and I am the Overlord. I have come to ask your fealty. In return, I offer you leadership and management. None of my citizens shall go hungry or unprotected for if they do their best for the realm, the realm shall give their best for them.
The big troll nods.
>Big words. And many. Too big and too for every other troll here to understand without headaches. You're lucky I, the great Theranoq, am the tribe's chief. Still, I am not quite convinced of your offer. We trolls live a simple, but acceptable life here. Also, trolls are strong beings and will only follow someone strong.
He stops, takes a sip from the skull he uses as a cup and continues.
>Overlord Armin came here to take us into his service when I still was a small child. He proved his strength by lifting the chieftain, my father, over his head and throwing nine other of us off his feet. I mean no disrespect, but I doubt you can do that.
That's a tricky situation. Dream or not, you sincerely doubt that you could lift this mountain of a creature, let alone throw it. And he seems way brighter than his fellow clansmen. It's unsure if you can trick him. You need arguments. Good arguments. And a good presentation.

What do you want to do?
>Try to lift him (1d20-5, average of three rolls must be equal to or higher than 10)
>Try to trick him (1d20-3, same rules as above)
>Prove your point (1d20, same rules, also add your points of discussion to your roll)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43967941
>>43968025
Mix of theses
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>43968263
>Prove your point
with this
>>43968025
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>43968263
>Prove your point.
You are correct that I could probably not lift you chieftain. However, what I lack in strength I make up for in determination and cunning. Do you have a quest I can accomplish to gain your trust? Name it and it shall be done.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43968263
> Prove your point
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>43968263
>Prove your point
>I am the Overlord
>I have spoken with the one called grandfather, and he told me I have surpassed Armin
>I am strong not in muscle, but in wit and justice
>>
>>43968382
>>43968402
>>43968418
>>43968464
Some days, the dice just are not with you, huh? Writing.
>>
You try to make your point, but your presentation is lackluster, full of holes and fallacies. The chief just hits his forehead with his mighty palm.
>This presentation is an insult to your abilities. And even these I already drew into question. You should leave now. Come back when you are stronger and a more capable leader. Even though you failed your task miserably, I can see potential. But I can't make my clan follow you in your current state. They would riot.
You turn around in defeat, leaving the camp much less confident than when you came. This is also noticed by an old troll lady, who comes up to you and strokes your cheek with one of her giant fingers.
>Now, now... Don't cry, little princess. Here, take this little treat.
She hands you a pumpkin so big you can barely carry it. You thank her and return to your squad. They immediately notice your mood and don't ask many questions.
>There are good and bad days, Alice. Don't dwell on this one too long.
Japhex says.

The night comes and you make camp. The goblins sleep or guard the camp, only you are having troubles sleeping yet again. Something like this is in no way acceptable. In the worst case it might mean the end of your realm. And your subjects, too. Japhex, Kislax, and the others, Nila and her children, Groknak... you must find a way to become stronger, so you never fail them again.
>Don't worry, Alice. Everything takes time.
It's gradfather again.
>Hey grandfather. Do you mind helping me with something?
He smiles.
>If it is to stop worrying, it's easy. Every overlord had a difficult start since the beginning of time. Overlord Yaren failed to recruit the beastmen of the far south and took a heavy scar to his back. Overlord Armin lost his very first armor and sword in a wager. Both of them grew great. Though I would have wished for Armin to grow like Yaren. But you can't have everything I guess...
So even your precedessors made mistakes? For some reason, this makes you feel better.
1/2
>>
I am a woman? i thought that it is just a name.
>>
2/2
>And I guess you want to ask me about magic, don't you? Magic is everywhere in the world, in every rock, in every plant, in every animal and in all of us. Some get their powers by birth, others have to train for years.
Years? This doesn't sound too good. If you focused on magic this much, who should rule in your stead? If you focused on ruling, you would likely never make the needed progress fast enough. Grandfather seems to know your concerns.
>Humans tend to take around thirty years to learn magic, if they do nothing else. But you need to focus on ruling, so one of the first overlords created a device to help you with it. The overlord's glove lets you cast magic with only little training. Sadly, it's been lost through the ages. Overlord Yaren fixed this by founding a circle of wizards from his followers. An elf with the power of nature, a dwarf with the magic of the earth... You're not alone. All of your citizens are there to help you.
With these words, he vanishes.

The morning comes quickly again. Your goblins are happy to see your bettered mood and ask you for your plans.

>Go home. There are things we might want to do there. (what?)
>Stay in the mountains. We can do things here, too. (what?)
Other (write in)
>>
>>43968888
I guess you are. At least this was the assumption I made from Alice' name and feminine build.
>>
>>43968982
>Stay in the mountains. We can do things here, too. (what?)
Try again to reason with the troll, i will not give up for such setback easily, mentioned that i have kraken
>>
>>43969041
No, he told us to leave and we left. If we come back again now, we probably look like a subborn child that is suddenly not content with the answer it accepted just before.

>>43968982
I say we should go back. And maybe ask the molemen if they know anything about mining iron, or about anyone in the surroundings that might (minus the trolls obvs)
>>
>>43968982
>Stay in the mountains. We can do things here, too.

While we're in the mountains, let's search for the old dragon's den.

captcha confirms: mountains
>>
>>43969110
i could not think of how to argue again with the trolll. Maybe the troll like the head-hardness and with better luck?

Or ask the molemen on possibility to dug water tunnel for the kraken to the castle
>>
GM anon gt any archive/pastebin or other links so that can read the whole story ?
>>
>>43969251
>ask the molemen on possibility to dug water tunnel for the kraken to the castle
this is genius, but wasn't her claw injured?
also, ask the 2 fishermen goblin to train the others
>>
So guys, did you agree on your next action yet?
>>
>>43969286
i could not cite the anon who post the idea before, at very earlier plot when deciding for looking for gourge worm to work in castle
>>
>>43969350
dice by GM anon?
>>
reject to talk again with troll
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>43969041
>>43969110
>>43969181
>>43969251
>>43969286
Tie breaker incoming.
>>
does goblin follow nice princess eagerly? should i be more cool-hearted and ruthless to disprove ''negative'' feminine traits that affect ruln? should i be more charming for the goblin to love me more than a lord?
>>
>>43969354
It was me desu
>>
You decide to return to the castle. After your return you meet up with Nila.
>Nila, did I tell you of the Kraken among my ranks?
Nila's eyes grow wide with surprise.
>A Kraken? I know you had quite a few loyal suspects, but a whole Kraken? Where is he at?
You tell her of the kraken's whereabouts and ask her if she could make water tunnels.
>I'm not entirely sure, but I could try. Though it would take a long time, even if it works. I would have to get through stone all the time. In the best case I need months, if not years, in the worst case, my claws grow dull and I'm of no use anymore. My children won't be much of a help either. Their claws have not hardened yet.
So much about this plan.
>I heard about your ore discovery. I fear I'm not much of a help either, but I heard of a reclusive hermit living somewhere in the highest peaks of the mountains. Not strictly these, as he travels, but you might as well meet him if you're lucky. They say he knows every creature of stone and earth.
She takes you by the hand and leads you outside to the courtyard.
>I thought I might want to do something useful while you were awake. Over there, there is surprisingly rich soil, so I dug through it. If you had something you could plant, the field would be ready now.
You thank her, as you might have something to plant, actually.
You were right. You tasked two of your goblins, Slizex and Izzylyx, the farmers, to make use of the pumpkin and the blood moss. Now you hope for the right weather for both to grow. It won't be much, but it'll help a bit at least.
Cormix informs you that you have food for three weeks left.

What will be your next action?
>Explore (where?/do what there?)
>Stay home (and do what?)
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43969514
They follow you for you bear the crest of the overlord and already proved your worth with a just and wise rule. You're good as you are.
>>
>>43969664
so gender neutral then, i just hope that goblin culture is not gender-bias as the human in ruling.
>>
>>43969690
Outside of mating, goblins don't give a damn about genders. Everyone is goblin and has to do their part. Including female warriors and male tailors.
>>
>>43969639
>talk to the kraken
i want its iron
>>
Talk to the kraken. Alright. Writing.
>>
You take your squad to the gorge again. Upon meeting the kraken, you ask if there was any possibility to get the iron from the ground below it.
>Depends. Do you value my servitude? Taking the iron away might make me a worthwhile target for the fae, since I'll lose my only true protection against them. Or you might accidentally drain my pond, making me slowly die out of the water. Can't you somehow take me to the old Kraken pond? Then I wouldn't care the slightest about this pond and his iron.

A tricky situation. Once again. How do you want to deal with it?
>We need to find a way to transport the kraken.
>Who cares about the fae? We'll carefully mine the iron and if they cause trouble, they'll know how real trouble looks like.
>We'll have to wait a little longer.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43969866
>>We need to find a way to transport the kraken.
>>
>>43969866
>take chances with the fae.
Once we have iron, we can make picks to dig a tunnel for the kraken
>>
>>43969866
>Find a way
>>
>>43969905
divert river nearby?
carry it in portable wooden pool?
how large and heavy is the kraken?
can it slide/glide along the way if we constantly water the road?
>>
>>43969866
>We need to find a way to transport the kraken.
>>
>>43969905
>>43969958
Alright. Roll 1d20 for coming up with a plan.
First three.
>>
>>43969866
what is the iron physical form?
ore (iron oxide)?
pure iron?
in solution?
iron pyrite? (fools gold)?
do we have blacksmith and equipment to work on iron?
>>
>>43970036
It's a vein of ore under the pond, which has dissolved a bit out of the rock.
You have a blacksmith with a working forge and tools.
>>43969987
There's no river nearby.
The pool thing would work, since the kraken is still somewhat young and about 5 metres in diameter(+tentacles).
The sliding would be difficult, but might work if you keep the road and him wet enough.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>43970032
water the road for the kraken to glide

good luck!!!
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>43970032
Make a wooden tub with wheels
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>
>>43970093
water from kraken pond and also the castle pond
security/scout for fae threat
break the castle gate if cannot passthrough
>>
>>43970192
also, wooden tub thing
>>
>>43970093
>>43970159
>>43970192
You sit together with your followers, pondering over a plan to get the kraken transported. In a moment of silence, Kislax shouts
>HEUREKA! I got it, Alice!
You ask him for his plan. It's simple, but it might just work.
>First, we need Groknak and Nila, maybe two or three of us. This team would have to open the collapsed way to the pond and reinforce it as much as possible. The other team would consist of Alice and the rest of us. We would take one of our carts and make it waterproof from the inside. Then, we could load the kraken on it. It will support him, it supported his dimensions in massive oaken wood. Then we get him here and put him in the pond.
Everybody can agree on this plan, so you start working at it right away. Grime from the forge, mixed with the right amount of water makes a waterproof paste, Groknak teaches you. The cart now waterproof, Groknak and Nila work without a break to get the way to the pond freed up.
Now you can take your cart to the Kraken. After arriving at the pond, you realize a little flaw in your plan. How does the kraken get on the cart?
>Watch me.
he just says and lifts himself on the cart by using his tentacles.
>Now get me to the castle fast, please. This isn't much water in here. You hurry as good as you can and finally draw into the courtyard.
>We're done. The pond is open. But the passage is narrow, Alice. He will fit himself, sure, but it's too narrow for the cart.
The kraken seems to smile. It's hard to say with a mouth at the base of the tentacles.
>Watch me again, guys. I fear I might regret this, but if you could make the way wet enough...
you don't ask for his reasons, every second may count. The goblins try their hardest to get the passage as slippery as possible and the Kraken just slides over it until he finally reaches the wide kraken pond.
>Whew... After this, I need some hours of rest and some...
he quickly dips his tentacles into the pond.
1/2
>>
2/2
>...some of these delicious little fish in here. Somebody was smart when building this pond.
With the Kraken at the castle, his pond and the iron vein are open to works. Now, if you knew somebody...

What is your next action?
>Find this hermit Nila talked about. If he knows about every stone creature, he might tell you where to find someone helpful.
>Search someone on your own.
>Do something completely different (write in)
>>
>>43970590
>Find this hermit Nila talked about. If he knows about every stone creature, he might tell you where to find someone helpful.
>>
>>43970607
seconding
but rest a while though, kraken transportation is tiring.
>>
>>43970607
This
>>
>>43970635
Also I want to do more training with the Orc weapon master as soon as possible. We need to get stronger.
>>
>>43970590
>>...some of these delicious little fish in here. Somebody was smart when building this pond.

another mouth to feed? ask the fisher-goblin to net all the ecosystem of the pond and transfer to castle pond
>>
>>43970663
agreed,but only i have the iron armor and sword
>>
File: kraken small.jpg (27 KB, 510x471) Image search: [Google]
kraken small.jpg
27 KB, 510x471
>>
>>43970607
This
And train half of the goblin with fishing, we need to feed the kraken now
>>
You decide that you have to get way stronger. If you could have lifted the troll, quite some things could have been easier. While your troops are taking a break, you ask Groknak for some more training. You are learning quickly by now, since you barely feel the armor while moving, thanks to wearing it close to always. Now you can finally focus on using your sword properly. Your parrying is faster and sturdier, your attacks stronger. You feel satisfied for today.
The next day, you take your goblins to the mountains, hoping to find the mysterious hermit. You split them into parties of four, as the mountain peaks are more dangerous than the lowlands.

>Roll 1d20 for success.
First three.
>>
>>43970797
The kraken is pretty self-sufficient since the castle's kraken pool is somewhat rich on fish itself. So you don't have to worry about this (somewhat big) mouth.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>43970873
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>43970873
Big rolls pls
>>
>>43970910
Wasn't there supposed to be a blocked off underground pool somewhere?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>43970873
>>
>>43970910
yeah, an aquarium

>>43970915
hell
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>
>>43970924
This is the one you opened up and put him into. The only known pond in the castle.
>>
>>43970915
>>43970917
>>43970928
Your goblins return to you empty-handed but with good news.
>When we were on the mountain over there, we saw something moving up on the one over there. We figured that might be him.
Roxyx tells you. Indeed, that might be him. Or something else, costing you time in your search.

Do you want to
>Get up there with everyone
>Let the goblins search and go up there on your own/with only two or three of them
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43971027
>Let the goblins search and go up there with four of them
>>
>>43971027
>>Get up there with everyone
>>
Objectives:
1. get workforce to mine iron ores (how?)
2. smith armor,sword and farmtools and others
3. train and farm to self sufficient
4. quest explore
>>
>>43971027
Only 3 or 4
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43971074
>>43971094
Tie breaker incoming.
>>43971356
Also thanks for the nice summary.
>>
can kraken fight now? i want to bring him to battle. or else he can be my Castlellan
>>
>>43970972
What the fuck
when did we open it up?
what did I miss
>>
>>43971477
I thought we needed worms to open it
>>
You decide that it's a good plan to let everybody else continue their search and investigate this mountain yourself.
>Kislax, you come with me. Japhex, you stay here and handle information from the returning teams. Roxyx,Hakstix, Tilyx you come with me, too.
You start climbing the mountain. It's difficult terrain, but you manage. Even in this heavy armor. Groknak would be proud. Still, it would be easier if you wouldn't feel half frozen already. You need to get clothes other than a potato sack finally.
After an exhausting travel including many breaks, you finally reach the summit. On it, you find an old wall, arranged in a half circle with an old man doing some kind of dance in the middle of it. He seems really focused and doesn't seem to mind the cold, even though he's only wearing a loincloth. His skin is as dark as earth after a heavy rain. This must be the hermit of the mountains.

Do you want to
>Talk to him
>Let him finish first
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43971544
>Let him finish first
>>
>>43971544
Let him finish
>>
>>43971544
>>Let him finish first but i will retreat first, not Eavesdropping (sight and hearing)

is him old or young? handsome or featureless?muscular or fat? sinewy or broad?
>>
>>43971397
Kraken can fight, but he needs the correct circumstances. Invaders to the kraken pond are food for the fishes immediately. If you ever happen to get in a fight at sea, he might be useful, too. On land, he isn't too much of a fighter right now. Damn water dependency of aquatic beings...
Your castellan is pretty much Groknak at the moment, as he is the only one to be there at all times so far. In addition, Japhex would be a fine castellan too, since he is old and wise, but insists to come to some missions, still. Kraken has nine brains. Good addition to the management.
>>43971497
Groknak's strength and Nila's knowledge about earth and stone were a nice combination. They completely substituted it. It was exhausting as hell for them, and the worms could have done easily, but it worked anyway.
>>
>>43971622
sorry, how old is he?
>>
we need archive
>>
You retreat to a respectable distance and let the old man finish. You take a look to admire his muscles, hard as rocks. He is rather small, but broad. He could be a dwarf, if he had a beard, but his whole body doesn't seem to sport a single hair.
After a while, the old man bows to something invisible and comes towards you.
>Nice to see that some of the youth still have the manners to not interrupt someone who has to focus. How can I help you, young overlord Alice?
How did he know your name? Is this some kind of magic trick?
>The earth and stone speaks to me. And the rocks of the gorge and your throne room's marble floor like a little chatter now and then.
This guy is impressive. You didn't know that you could feel magic physically, but this guy just radiates a whole lot of it.
>I need your help in finding a servant of stone. Preferrably someone adept at mining ores.
The old man laughs.
>Hah, I now just the guy for you. He's just a little... less motivated than your everyday person. You will need good arguments for him, but I guess you'll need these more often than just now.
You nod, replaying your speech in your head.
>Just go to the opening in the stone circle and call for 'Behemoth'.
You do as he said, and upon calling, you feel magic all around you. A projection forms before your eyes. It's a... thing. It has the body of a rhino, but walks upright and has elephant tusks.
>What do you wish from me, one of the avatars of earth, human?

>Write down your arguments for following you, and add a 1d20 roll to it. First three.
>>
>>43971855
we have a kraken, just kidding
>>
>>43971855
damm i cant write
>>
Guys, we need points why this guys should follow us. Combined with rolls. Thanks.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43971855
I, Alice Overlord, wish for iron mining, what better than mighty earth spirit who will not harm the Mother Nature. In repay, i will take upon quest to recover your eyesight.
>>
>>43972198
bear with bad english though
>>
>>43971855
"Oh avatar of earth, I require one adept in ores and mining. I would offer veneration of my followers as well as provisions of victuals and comforts as befits my followers."
>>
>>43972228
roll
>>
Two more rolls and maybe more points to mention and we can continue.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

I'll add a roll.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>43971855
"I want to restore the glory of old in these lands, so that everyone can lay eyes on the beautiful landscapes these lands have to offer"

or Something like that
>>
>>43971855

iron will paid back as iron price, say the name
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43972262
>>
>>43972404
that roll though
>>
>>43972421
Fuck. Just kille me already ;_;
>>
>>43972198
>>43972389
>>43972404
>Behemoth, Avatar of earth, stone and desert. I search for one who is adept in the ways of mining. My army is in need of iron and who could better provide us with iron without destroying too much and causing pain to mother nature than you? I can offer veneration through my followers as well as anything you might need in food and room to live. My wish is to restore the glory of these lands plagued by dispute, so everyone can lay eyes on them.
The avatar just snorts.
>A basic, replaceable avatar. Weaker in body than Armin, weaker in spirit than Yaren. And I didn't even start with all the other ones I have witnesses. You talk much, but do nothing.
He turns away from you.
>I fart in your general direction, Alice. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

How do you want to react to this?
>Attack him. Avatar or not, nobody insults the mighty Alice.
>Challenge him (to what?)
>Just let him go. You will find someone else.
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43972618
> Challenge to a game of wits.
"That might be true, but it's also true that I'm smarter than both Armin and Yaren."
sidenote, this quest should be renamed to "Shitty rolls: The thread"
>>
>>43972618
>>Challenge him (to what?)

who can see better!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.