[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Fyreslayer.jpg (64 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
Fyreslayer.jpg
64 KB, 640x367
Age of Sigmar General

Warhammer TV every day edition

Emma video give me a creepy feeling, is that my problem?

Fyreslayer master race! Will the new duardin as big as scibor dwarf?

>>AoS resource
pastebin.com/AuUfzJ70
>>
B-but. this isnt Duncan?! Where's my Duncan? Cannot deal cannot deal cannot deal....
>>
File: 1403203121421.jpg (51 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1403203121421.jpg
51 KB, 228x239
>>43946550

Second for not a single Stormcast Eternal character can stand toe to toe with the new Archaon
>>
>>43946761
He spent all day painting the new Archaon model so they had someone else paint the tau armour.

gotta rest Duncan for finally show everyone basic guides to painting shit. Also he repeatedly tell everyone to THIN YOUR PAINTS
>>
>>43947275
well yeah, I mean not to start a skub war in what is in fact a skub game, Archaon is like a demi chaos god now. Even Sigmar could go up against him in straight battle or that could have been some faction bias in the chaos book.
>>
So I have a feeling that the guy who runs my FLGS wants to run an AOS GT soon along with a warmahordes and KOW tourney.
>>
>Read The Unending Storm story
>A Khornate champion and his host enters battle with a Stormhost
>He encounters a Stormcast dude called Stormrider they duel
>The Khornate champion cleaves him down
>Stormrider disappears after his death
>The battle continues
>The Khornate champion is shocked when he encounters Stormrider again, this time he comes at him from the sky on wings of fury
>They duel again and the Khornate champion kills Stormrider for the second time
>The battle continues
>The Khornate Lord encounters Stormrider for the third time, this time armed with a two handed hammer
>"Why won't you die"?
>The Khornate champions fells Stormrider for the third time
>The battle continues. Only few of the Khornates are left
>Stormrider returns, this time winged with a bow and arrow
>The Khornate Lord is dismayed at the sight and he gets shot through the heart by Stormrider
>The Khornate champion dies
>After some time, in another battle, Stormrider and his host engage a Chaos warband
>A beast in the Chaos horde recognizes and calls out his name
>The beast is the Khornate Champion resurrected as a Chaos Spawn
>The two engage in combat all over again

I think this story does well to portray the the whole "infinite battle" aspect of the AoS. Also I like how each time Stormrider returns from death the story makes a point to show how less of a man he becomes.
>>
>>43947489
>that could have been some faction bias in the chaos book.

But it was't in a chaos book.
Sigmar knows he can't beat Archaon in a straight fight.
>>
>>43947632
I liked how the Champion retained his memory when the Stormcast didn't.
Though I was confused as to how Stormrider kept changing ranks.
>>
I really thinking about assembling the Bloodbound in the starter set and making a bloodbound army. I just really like how the bloodbound use symmetry with their heroes to make unites like the reavers much better.
>>
how to paint Archaon models is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34L2g_b3oY0
>>
>>43947893
>Not Emma
What the fuck is this.
>>
>>43948027
the reason why emma painted the tau armor because duncan did this all day
>>
>>43947893
holy shit, they didnt even break this up. it's pretty much a feature length movie.

Painting Archaon: The Movie
>>
>>43947799
I haven't read it so I may be completely wrong, but it sounds to me like an "I am Alpharius" thing where they all call themselves Stormrider for shits and giggles
>>
>>43948328
Nope. The Khornate Champion dubs him Stormrider when they first meet, and is able to recognize him through all their later encounters.
By the end Stormrider does not even know his own name, just Stormrider.
>>
File: nemesis.jpg (32 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
32 KB, 256x256
>>43947632
>Getting #rekt so hard you switch to sniper
>>
File: 12375432123.jpg (105 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
12375432123.jpg
105 KB, 960x960
>You'll never be as talented as Duncan.
>>
Does anybody have tips for horsemen with sloted bases? Would i just clip it off and glue them to the appropriate oval base?
>>
>>43950149
I would pin them, honestly. Not even plastic glue will give you a strong hold with the little surface area.
>>
>>43950252
Might as well keep my dudes on squard bases then until gw makes slotted oval
>>
>my name is Duncan
>I'm not even talented enough to put models together well

WHY.
>>
>>43951104
HOW
>>
the stormcast models looks all the same or is it just me? ultramarine in a fantasy world ffs
>>
>>43952396
No, you're not alone. Other ignorant plebs fail to see the difference between the Stormcast Eternals and Space Marines.

I know this was bait, and idgaf
>>
>>43947799

Retaining at least a memory of what you once were makes being a Chaos Spawn all the worse.
>>
>>43952396
>ultramarine in a fantasy world ffs
hold up, don't insult space marines by comparing them to stormcast

unlike sigmarines, space marines have actual variety in what they look like
>>
Still no Seraphon and Dreadhold battletomes up...
>>
does anyone have the new path to glory?
>>
File: 1qKyiRx.jpg (207 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1qKyiRx.jpg
207 KB, 2048x1152
Fyreslayer!!!
>>
File: Ba6jCT7.jpg (208 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Ba6jCT7.jpg
208 KB, 2048x1152
>>43960299
>>
>>43960299

What's kind of weird is the 2016 date on the sprue.
>>
i agree that is weird but what the hell duardin next year
>>
>>43960299
>>43960307
Oooooh rumors were true. Get hype gentlemen! Looks like a hero sprue.
>>
>>43960327
Rumor that, it is mis-packed in a box of tau!?

>>43960526
Lady Atia track record is pretty good.

>>43960632
He is a standard bearer.
>>
>>43960703
Yeah I looked into that rumor. Pretty crazy, although it lends me to maybe conspirize that GW is planting 'leaks' of their stuff through various channels allover the internet. So this sprue was 'accidentally' placed in a box of something. Others probably know that already though.

Anyway, it's all good news. I'd be interested in learning more about the fyreslayers, but I hope they haven't forgotten about the regular Duardin, and im hoping the rumor is still true that the Duardin are getting their own Battletome, and it was not a mistaken rumor to actually turn out to be a fyreslayer battletome. Not really interested in running a slayer army.
>>
>>43960785

Lady Atia says that GW doesn't do leaks and I'm inclined to believe her, especially since they apparently shut down her twitter account.
>>
>>43948304
What's interesting is that pretty much every second paint step ends with the words "wait half'n hour, so the wash gets to dry."

Because AoS is for babbies and babbbies use washes and have all the time in the world to wait it dry.
>>
File: tinffoilcat.jpg (70 KB, 596x457) Image search: [Google]
tinffoilcat.jpg
70 KB, 596x457
>>43960831
THATS how they want you to think! Thats how they getcha!
>>
>>43960299
For a moment I thought the face mask was ridiculous. Then I spotted the banner pole. Whoops.

>>43960866
>Le yummy fishing hook
Fuck off, pretty much everyone in wargaming uses washes.

>>43961052
Someone did an experiment and found that tinfoil hats can actually amplify radio waves into the brain rather than reflecting them. Have a read: http://web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
>>
>>43958962
>>>/r/

Fuck off begging here. Nobody bought it or wants to upload it for you. End of.

>>43959152
Not /aos/, go beg in 40k or in >>>/r/
>>
>>43962847

I wasn't begging cunt. I don't play Seraphon or plan on buying a Dreadhold. I was just making an observation. The other battletomes came out so quickly that it just surprises me these haven't been posted yet.
>>
>>43950149
Keep the slots, build up some laters on the base so that you can hide the slot, it serves the dual purpose of being solid and not having to cut stuff off.

A couple of strips of cardboard and then just covering it all with your usual basing stuff does the trick if you don't want to get fancy with greenstuff.
>>
>>43962932
Mate, somebody asks at least once every fucking thread. It's boring. Go to >>>/r/ and ask there. That's what it's for.

Obviously nobody has bought it or is willing to upload it.
>>
A look at a single turn of the greenskin campaign for Total:Warhammer. Looks good so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx2gQDX3VjM

>Not AoS!
(a) It's probably of interest to people that might be browsing this thread.
(b) Fite me ya git.
>>
>>43962847
>Not /aos/

Not only rude, but a stupid too, eh? They released Path to Glory for AoS on the 1st of December.
>>
>>43961726
Haha, I know. My post was meant to be silly within the context. I know tinfoil hats are symbolic now of irrational paranoia.
>>
>Khorne has a VERY strong code of honour and kills anyone that doesn't obey it. His followers are supposed to be like Vikings, fighting opponents just as strong as them, if not more so. You only kill the helpless when all the ones who can fight are already dead. Strength and skill are all that matters. No magic bullshit allowed, unlike Slaanesh.

>The God of Murder and Blood is much more honorable than the God or Pain and Rape. Don't spout bullshit abouts things you don't understand like you're supposed to be an expert. It makes you look like an arrogant dumbass.
>>
>>43967760
Why do honourfags keep getting Khorne so wrong?
Will they only learn when their skulls are hacked off?
>>
>>43964243

What is Path of Glory?
>>
>>43968066
Path to Glory.
It's Chaos campaign rules.
>>
>>43967760
Where is this from?
>>
>>43968414
it's REALLY old fluff
>>
>>43967863
Nah. Just say Khorne demands the death of honorable men and women just like wizards. They'll get it then.
>>
>>43968517
No, it's fanfic.
>>
>>43968517
Reads too much like what >>43968628
said.
>>
>>43968066
It's mordheim with rules for champion ascension, mutation, mutilation, hiring mooks, gaining fame the favor of the dark gods.

It's a smashingly good time.
>>
>>43967760
That isn't like vikings at all
>>
>>43969239
unless you are not a chaosfag
>>
>>43969718
Why wouldn't you be?
>>
>>43969718
40k is space marines and fantasy is chaos fags.

It is bible law, just look at all the releases fantasy has had in the end times and AoS.

Glotkin, Bloodthirster, Thanquol & Boneripper, Archaeon, Chaos, Fags.
>>
>>43969862
There was some undead stuff too. A whole four different boxes, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>43968414
From Youtube
>>
>>43960327
Well GW works on sprue stuff over a year in advance, so the 2016 date isn't that strange if they plan to release it that year. The molds would have been made before that anyway.
>>
>>43969862
That's because Chaos was keeping its aesthetic while everyone else was going to get new ones.
>>
>>43968517

To be more specific, it's lore that was only mentioned in the description of Khorne included with the Adeptus Titanicus game.

Everything recently has portrayed Khorne himself as not caring where the blood comes from, honor and such being something his followers may concern themselves with.

They may be confusing honor with martial pride, which isn't really specific.

>>43970028

Usually though the dates on the sprue are older than the time of release. I suppose GW could have decided to go with a new system, but I don't see why unless they really don't want people to know that stuff is done months in advance.

Unless of course they're packaging kits much closer to release than they used to.
>>
can anyone tell me the lore of age of sigmar? wtf is the end times and wtf is the age of sigmar?? what happened to the whole world? retcon and destroyed? I dont get it
>>
A Slayer who fights for gold and not glory is a bloody hobbit
>>
>>43975881
Real merc Dwarfs can at least afford full face helms.
>>
File: 1442703695683.png (2 MB, 1531x851) Image search: [Google]
1442703695683.png
2 MB, 1531x851
>>43947632
YES I REQUIRE MORE STORIES LIKE THIS

where do I get it/are you a generous scan-anon or uploader?

I'm liking the stormacst direction they're taking with the semi-robot thing they have going on in the "order" faction. Do we really want them to win? You get wild anarchists on one side and fascist bots on the other, it's nice.
>>
>>43975498
>wtf is the end times

Archaon was foretold to destroy the world and he did so.

>wtf is the age of sigmar

Sigmar survived the destruction of the world and clung to it core as it shot through space. He hung there for aeons before being taken to the mortal realms by a celestial dragon. The mortal realms were vast places created by the winds of magic and inhabited with some familiar species. Sigmar explored the realms and found some old friends who had become gods like him and started a pantheon. This period is known as the age of myth.

The age of myth was brought to a halt when Chaos returned after spying the mortal realms and coveting them. Long story shot Sigmar and friends got their asses kicked and Sigmar escaped to the mortal realm of Azyr, sealing it so no one could enter. Meanwhile Chaos would have its way with the other realms for thousands of years. This was the age of Chaos.

Throughout the age of Chaos SIgmar spirited away the greatest mortal men and had them reforged into powerful demigods known as Stormcast Eternals. With vast armies of these Stormcast, Sigmar set out to reunite with his allies retake the realms from Chaos. This is the current period and it is known as the age of Sigmar, though the Dark Gods aren't convinced that the age of Chaos has ended.

>what happened to the whole world?

Archaon tore a hole to the realm of Chaos in Middenheim. This unbalanced the ones already at the poles and caused Chaos to consume the planet. The planet's core remained and flew off into space. It now rests in the realm of Azyr.

>retcon and destroyed?

Not retconed, but destroyed.
>>
>>43975957
I mean really? So the whole novels, stories, lore, histories, races, cities...etc..etc all of them are just gone?? Not existing anymore? Wtf
>>
>>43976058
Yep, old world was destroyed. It's all archaon's fault.

But many of the heroes of the old world live on in the new mortal realms in some form or another. Most died though.

It's not a reboot, but a progression of the story.
>>
>>43970179

VC are keeping their aesthetic, Lizardmen kept their aesthetic, Skaven kept their aesthetic, Orcs are keeping their aesthetic, Dwarfs are keeping their aesthetic as far as newer models go.
>>
File: dread saurian rules.png (538 KB, 995x952) Image search: [Google]
dread saurian rules.png
538 KB, 995x952
This thing is insane. Shame it's average damage is about 9 per round. Thou a single damage results in +D3 wounds. So not bad. Oh and since Slann have a spell which makes every Seraphon unit fly, this thing can fly when cast.

Drawfriends would be nice... PLUS the Skink Priest staff can make it's Bite damage double. So that goes up to 14 or something average.
>>
>>43976058
No, they all still exist, one way or another. The story progressed, all the history still exists, it's just tthe world doesn't exist any more.

This was a dual reason.

1. WHFB wasn't selling well. At all. Even after "Everybody gets a big monster edition!" and "You have to buy hordes to be viable!". This meant that new blood did not come in and old guard didn't need to buy as many new models.

2. After the Chapter House problem, GW realised that 90% of it's stuff could not be protected by copyright. So the rest allowed them to rename 90% of the factions to something protectable.

Nothing really has changed, except it isn't on Not!Earth (thou only 60% of it was used at most) and the names have changed. That's it, really. Oh and there seems to be plot now, which is cool, I guess.
>>
>>43977029

>2. After the Chapter House problem, GW realised that 90% of it's stuff could not be protected by copyright. So the rest allowed them to rename 90% of the factions to something protectable.

Chapterhouse had nothing to do with AoS. GW could have easily just used new names if they wanted to keep Fantasy around.
>>
>>43977184
Kindly toss yourself headfirst from a ledge
>>
>>43977151
Chapterhouse case didnt have EVERYTHING to do with it, but it was one of the reasons.

First, they wanted to go a new direction of progressing the plot instead of always doing the '10 minutes to midnight' stagnant setting that 40k is right now. They only had a limited timeframe in the setting to do that in the old world, so they decided to use the End Times to get out of the old world and move into this new open ended setting where the future isnt so certain like it was in the old world (aka, chaos winning, order was only delaying the inevitable).

On top of that changing the names of everything in the old world would have been pretty sudden and not made any sense. But changing names in a new setting after 100yrs of history makes more sense.
>>
>>43977151
It did, actually. I'm sorry. Chapter House proved you couldn't copyright Space Marines or Imperial Guard. Ever wonder why Space Marines are now Adeptus Astartes on their codex? That IG is now Astra Millitarum and Stormtroopers are Temptus Scions?

Because Imperial Guard is the name of French troops and other historical armies. Thus not copyrightable as it's "fair use" and so on. Stormtroopers were the same.

Thus "Empire" was not protected. That's why Empire will be Armies of Azyrheim or something. Lizardmen is not protected. But Seraphon can be. Orcs are fair use, so they became Oruuc. Ogres became Ogurs. Elves became Aelves.

So on, so forh. This is because Chapter House lawsuit proved that stuff couldn't be protected.
>>
>>43977516
Not him, but his reasoning was you could still do those same name changes and keep the old world and keep the status quo of the old setting. That's why the chapterhouse thing wasnt the only reason they killed the old world and moved to the new realms. My post explaining it is here >>43977400
>>
>>43977400

From the AoS terrain in Triumph and Treachery, it's a real possibility that AoS was in the works for a decent amount of time. Triumph and Treachery came out in 2013, the same year as the Chapterhouse verdict and thus is my opinion too late to really matter. At most Chapterhouse may have reinforced the need to have unique names.
>>
>>43977546
Yes, but, if suddenly the names changed, it would be fucking odd. Plus the End Times allowed cool shit to be added in, like Nagash.

Look at it this way, WHFB wasn't selling, the world was barely used (No Cathay, Ind, Araby, Kuresh, Nippon, Southlands etc) and making a new world allowed a fluffy reason why their names changed.

It also allows more 'fun' to be hard in the different realms, rather than being stuck to the old world.

If the setting was considered important, it wouldn't of died. It lasted 35 years, anon. That's a huge amount of time. The new setting killed multiple birds with one stone.

It's not great, I'm upset WHFB is gone, but I knew the alternative and I did not want that. WHFB wasn't selling, this is an undeniable fact (and by selling I mean not enough). This will hopefully allow new people in, and if you're not a reactionary fuck like DLFG or whatever, you won't start screaming shit based of 6 months old fluff "hur dur Slaanesh has been removed" and so on. Furthermore, 1st and 2nd Ed WHFB didn't have any fluff and the rules weren't much better. AoS has a base potential now.

What would you say if GW released points for every model, but also allowed the non-points game style? Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? Think of it as AoS 2nd Edition.

GW need fresh blood to play WHFB and being told you need 200 clanrats, 30 plague monks, 30 stormvermin and 500 slave rats to do anything as Skaven blew peoples minds. Now you only need a couple of figures to have a game.

When people have been hooked, you then drop the competition stuff.
>>
>>43977679
I agree with you bro, but I was just pointing out why the chapterhouse argument wasn't cutting it for him.
>>
>>43977705
Oh right. But yeah, CH still helped push it imo.
>>
>>43977774
Most definitely. It was the last straw.
>>
>>43977796
I'm just kinda sick of the shitposting about AoS. It's not great, but WHFB still exists and even when 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th came out, everybody could still play 3rd, or whatever version they want.

AoS has moved the setting forward, don't like it? Then go back to WHFB and carry on. GW themselves have said there are infinite realities and infinite events and changes, all infected by Chaos. Archaon himself has fought for both Chaos and against them. So, just assume that you're in a reality when End Times didn't happen. Also, GW themselves have already admitted there is alternate events, in our reality, WHFB had Storm of Chaos and that shitshow that msot AoS shitposters weren't even alive for. In another reality, it was Age of Reckoning as per the WHFB MMO instead.

I'm just miffed that the Seraphon get an update, but no new models, yet the Fyreslayers get brand new ones.

Guess Lizardmen aren't popular enough.....
>>
random question.

if i were to summon a unit of say skeleton horse archer. would that unit come with full command automatically?
>>
>>43978267
it could, yes
>>
I loved Age of Reckoning. Too bad the developers were shit. It was a great setting.
>>
>>43978339
are you talking about the mmo? because if you are, the game was doomed from the start. not because of the setting, not because of the developers, but because it was an mmo. all mmo's are shit and suffer from the same flaws
>>
>>43977209
what was the image I missed it because I was painting space marines
>>
>>43978339
>>43978383
It had amazing PvP. But it failed not due to developers, but due to Publishers. EA forced it out in beta graphic engine, only one major city instead of 4 per race, buggy quests, missing classes, poor animations. They did it to so it was out two weeks before World of Warcrafts Wrath of the Lich King talent update. Which everybody went back to try out and left the game.

I enjoyed it, but it was flawed due to being rushed.

It also was an alternative reality.

>>43978267
If you want, yes. I think it's only limited by the fact if you have the models actually modelled as command, If you don't, you don't get the bonus.

AoS is easy to exploit due to summoning, but it's not too hard to control yourself.

Shame Lizardmen got zero new unitss, while Dorfs get new shit ;_;
>>
File: IMAG0425.jpg (260 KB, 756x730) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0425.jpg
260 KB, 756x730
I'm thinking of doing a few pieces of terrain using these. Laid out properly and with the right sand and ruble scattered about they could make great bases for ruins.
>>
>>43976690

To be precise,

>>Orcs are keeping their aesthetic,
AFAIK, savage and black orc only, the vanilla orc will be removed.

>>Dwarfs are keeping their aesthetic as far as newer models go.
Slayer need something new anyway, and fyreslayer look AWESOME!!!
>>
>>43978749
>I'm going to use square tiles to make square tile terrain
ok
>>
File: 20151017_163859.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151017_163859.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Built a sigmarine army and khorne army, excuse the grey but I'm working on painting some LOTR stuff got about 75 moria goblins done painted, about 120 more to go
>>
>>43977004
I'm getting this for my girlfriend. She loves reptiles and snakes. Has like 3 geckos and a snake. She has been slowly building up a lizardmen army. Gonna probably paint them like actual reptiles with the patterns etc
>>
http://www.blacklibrary.com/call-of-chaos/advent-new/by-the-horns-ebook.html

First Slaanesh story yo
>>
File: 1439418158138.png (1 MB, 1160x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439418158138.png
1 MB, 1160x1080
>>43978895
Jesus Christ nigger you've got a problem!
>>
>>43978895

That would easily be over two grand of bare plastic on that table.

When are you going to get all of that painted, anon?
>>
>>43979171
And it wasn't all that interesting.
>>
File: 20151126_210256.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151126_210256.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>43979209
But I have fun!
>>43979425
>That would easily be over two grand of bare plastic on that table.
Well, I use ebay and alternate websites. Like that malefic gate i got for half off at a local game store.
>When are you going to get all of that painted, anon?
Probably right after I finish my moria goblins. Most likely do sigmarines first. Pic related, not based yet though!
>>
>>43979485
That's a good goblin skin color anon. How'd ya do it? I can see a sepia wash, but what's the green?
>>
>>43979576
it's actually just death world forest + Reikland Fleshshade
>>
>>43979618
Thanks! I might do some goblins for Frostgrave or similar, and I wondered about a good skin color.
>>
File: KDlUbHnh.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
KDlUbHnh.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>>43979485
My nigga! MORIA is the best
>>
File: ffW6xgkh.jpg (210 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ffW6xgkh.jpg
210 KB, 1024x768
>>43979965
I love my goblins
>>
File: IMG_20151204_081253.jpg (555 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_081253.jpg
555 KB, 1080x1080
In other news. Working on my Dispossessed Clan Throng this month.
>>
Tomorrow is the Archaon pre-order, right?
>>
>>43969862

Lumping in Skaven with Chaos. I mad.
>>
>>43980757
Nah, that was last week. Tomorrow the archaon model gets released; the varanguard go up for preorder.
>>
>>43980819
What about the battletome?
>>
>>43980757

You getting that shit?

Absolute madman.
>>
>>43980965
That price is beyond even typical GW ludicrous pricing.
>>
File: 381387releases.png (48 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
381387releases.png
48 KB, 400x357
>>43980953
Preorder with the knights.
>>
>>43980965
Yes, and I am sawing off the topknot.
>>
>>43981054
>>43980965
The new tau suit is 90, i think Archaon price is reasonable as GW standard. I know they are fucking expensive, but Archaon have a better value, at least.
>>
>>43953838
>bait

Stop being delusional, having any criticisms whatsoever of AoS does not make you a troll.
>>
>>43981136
It's the horsey things that get me as ridiculous. I know they're big, but they're like twice the price of dragon ogres, and dragon ogres aren't exactly petite.
>>
Should I save this >>43983202 as the summary of current status in op? It is really good input by anon.

>>43983391
I mean that price hike ain't exclusive to AoS, and their kit are superior then 40k.
>>
>>43983783
Seems a pretty good summary, I'd say.

And yeah, the price hike is a thing I suppose. Three ogre-sized models in 40k are often around the £40-50 mark nowadays (hive guard, meganobz, centurions).
>>
Slaanesh getting fat off elf souls has made me think. Could the Chaos Gods get food poisoned? Could a soul being devoured by Khorne act like a poison and a bomb that could start as a chain reaction and kill Khorne?
>>
>>43985504
Nah
>>
>It doesn't matter who wins, it's about having fun!

Really, who the fuck plays this?
>>
>>43985622
Now you've ruined the my mental image of Chaos Gods not touching human souls because Sigmar made the souls of humanity poisonous and explosive.
>>
File: 1441056596112.jpg (263 KB, 1016x1022) Image search: [Google]
1441056596112.jpg
263 KB, 1016x1022
>>43985864
Me.

I play for fun and friends not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.
>>
>>43985864
More than you think. Some people play games for fun, not to prove who has a larger metaphorical penis.
>>
So what happens in the Slaanesh short story?
>>
>>43985864
Well, not you obviously. But others do. I would appreciate it if you just let us be.
>>
>>43989093
just ignore the shit posters. 4chan is just a bad place for age of sigmar since it's not as popular on this board but there are friendly too AOS. And it's not like AOS threads are going anywher on 4chan.
>>
>>43986648
Then go play Red Rover instead of supporting this abortion. Not only is it completely free, but it also is perfect for your age group.

A tabletop game is supposed to have actual strategy and form to it. AOS really is no better than two kids mashing their action figures together.
>>
>>43947275
Is Archaon now the Fantasy/AoS equivalent of a What-If Daemon Prince Horus?
>>
GW is releasing a set of all the end times narrative books (i.e. it doesn't include the books with the rules in). Seems a cool idea, but something they probably should have done during the actual end times stuff. If you're wondering it's marginally costlier than the varanguard (varanguard are NZ$200, this book set is NZ$215. NZ price are redonkulous.)

>>43990467
Pretty much.
>>
>>43947275
if you hold him back long enough and roll a nine for the charge, the fat angel can oneshot him like anything else
>>
>>43946550
WHY IS EMMA SO FAT
>>
>Fear the chosen champion of the Chaos Gods!

>The champions of the Ruinous Powers are powerful indeed, but all pale in comparison to one: Archaon, Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse. Riding his roaring daemonic steed Dorghar, he utterly dominates all who oppose him using the combined strength of the Dark Gods; at the command of his will, the forces of Chaos are united and sent out as a vast, swarming army to rend and destroy. The Varanguard, dread champions of darkness, ride out in a tide of crushing iron, annihilating their master’s enemies, while the Gaunt Summoners, bound to Archaon through his patient sorcery, plan the doom of entire civilisations through fell magick.

>This 120-page, full-colour hardback book contains:

>the incredible, compelling story of Archaon’s rise and triumph, with in-depth information on the Varanguard and Gaunt Summoners;

>an awesome eight-page fully-illustrated tale of Archaon’s battle with Sigmar;

>three brand-new battleplans, inspired by some of Archaon’s greatest battles, presenting new and inspiring ways to play Warhammer Age of Sigmar that any army can use;

>stunning photography of beautifully painted miniatures;

>six Warscroll Battalions, covering Archaon’s chosen and his favoured mortal warbands of Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh;

>comprehensive information on uniforms, markings and colour schemes for every featured miniature, and guides to assembling lesser Chaos warbands sworn to Archaon’s service;

>an A5 transfer sheet brimming with the marks of Archaon - mark any of your Chaos miniatures with the symbol of the Everchosen!
>>
>>43990725
>>the incredible, compelling story of Archaon’s rise and triumph, with in-depth information on the Varanguard and Gaunt Summoners;
>compelling
I'd rather pay to see Sigmar brush his teeth.
>>
>The First Circle of the Varanguard, the Swords of Chaos are second only in reputation and killing ability to Archaon himself. Champions amongst champions, and the most favored of the Varanguard’s eight Circles, they ride into battle at the side of the World Razor himself as the brutal executors of his will - they are entrusted to do Archaon’s bidding, and they carry out their duties with a grim stoicism that belies the sheer amount of blood they spill.

>Champions of Chaos beyond compare, the Varanguard are a ruinous charge unto themselves - having risen to the very top on a fountain of blood, they command respect from even the most livid of the Everchosen. Existing in eight Circles, each exhibiting a different aspect of pure Chaos, they are merciless executors of Archaon’s will, chopping down entire realms with the precision hatred brings.

>But what of the missing forth Chaos god, Slaanesh? While the whereabouts of the Dark Prince remain shrouded in mystery, both Archaon's shield and Dorghar's breastplate are nonetheless adorned with the god's symbol, alongside those of the gods who are very much in evidence with Dorghar's twisted physiology. This curious detail, effectively an acknowledgement and tribute, only deepens the intrigue surrounding the absentee God of Excess.
>>
>>43990838
>Existing in eight Circles, each exhibiting a different aspect of pure Chaos
Okay, I'm interested now.
>>
>None stand above Archaon in the hierarchy of Chaos save the Dark Gods themselves. Under his upraised blade the minions of Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh bow low, the multitudinous legions of Chaos united into a single terrifying entity intent on the destruction of the Mortal Realms.

>A dark vision of martial majesty and brutal strength. Archaon commands every creature of Chaos to walk, slither, or fly across the Mortal Realms. He is the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse, a title bestowed upon him by the Dark Gods themselves. More than this, he is the Everchosen, the champion who bears the mark of all four gods combined and who, by his very existence, does what even they cannot: unite the armies of Chaos. Such is the ture and terrible power of this champion of champions.

>Archaon embodies not just the might of a single god, but all four. In him, the servants of each of the powers see their paragon. He is the blood-drenched axe of Khorne that harvests the skulls of empires. He is the perpetual plague of Nurgle, which infects the realms with its rampant corruption. He is the impossible grand scheme of Tzeentch, which twists and turns in upon itself. He is the murderous excess of Slaanesh that drives men into fits of terrifying madness and homicidal ecstasy.
>>
>>43990540

That's cool. Me wants. Where did you get that image?
>>
>Archaon's origins are little more than legend and rumor. Some believe he was once a mortal man, devout in his pursuit of righteousness, until he was set against his old gods by the lies of the Ruinous Powers. Others say that Archaon was born at the same moment that Sigmar came into being, a dark reflection of the God-King cast in the Realm of Chaos. There are even tales that Archaon is an immortal emperor who once ruled all of the realms before the arrival of Sigmar. Certainly, Archaon's path to glory has been arduous, for Chaos offers nothing without sacrifice. Before the Daemon Wars, when the Chaos powers once more turned upon themselves, the Dark Gods sent mighty champions against Archaon to demand his sole patronage, each fearing he would side with one of the others. After he slew all sent against him, Archaon continued to fight in the name of all four powers, who recognized him as their foremost champion once more, transforming him into a demigod capable of conquering all of the Mortal Realms.

>Rorgor Bloodrinker rides with the Sixth Circle of the Varanguard, the Blades of Desolation, as signified by his crimson armor. Not only does he bear the icon of the Everchosen, he also wields a smoldering hellblade.

>Gramm Headtaker of the Blades of Desolation was singled out by Archaon for claiming the head of the legendary Fyreslayer Ergrim-Grimnir during the grueling Magma Wars.

>Laelshy the Depraved fights for the Second Circle, the Souls of Torment. The gilded blue-steel plate of his armor panoply is synonymous with a circle infamous for its unspeakable acts of terror and brutality.

>The name of Fyrgorn Drak of the Souls of Torment is known from the Soulshade Reaches of Ulgu to the Giant's Midden in Ghur. Few are possessed of such monstrous conceit, and the fathomless cruelty to match it.
>>
>>43991213
>Others say that Archaon was born at the same moment that Sigmar came into being, a dark reflection of the God-King cast in the Realm of Chaos.
I'm sure Sigmar and Archaon would shush these rumors.
> There are even tales that Archaon is an immortal emperor who once ruled all of the realms before the arrival of Sigmar.
How does Archaon feel about these legends and rumors, or is he the one who started them?
>>
>Zultor Balefire was chosen by Archaon to serve in the Scourges of Fate as one of the Everchosen's dreaded huntsmen. Countless are the mighty heroes of the Mortal Realms who have met their end beneath his twisted blade.

>Xyr Wyrdbane belongs to the Fifth Circle of the Varanguard. Fell magic pulses around this grim knight and his screaming blade, its gnashing maw hungry to devour the souls of his quarry.

>Though he now rides with the Scions of Darkness, Nurgle's touch lingers upon Grulgharr the Septicum. An unspeakable foulness clings to both him and his steed, and he wields a diseased-riddled blade in battle.

>Corlak Shiverblade's armor adopts the somber tones of associated with the Third Circle of the Varanguard. A palpable aura of dread hangs about these Knights of Ruin, who appears as if from nowhere to crush Archaon's foes.
>>
>>43991213
>Others say that Archaon was born at the same moment that Sigmar came into being, a dark reflection of the God-King cast in the Realm of Chaos. There are even tales that Archaon is an immortal emperor who once ruled all of the realms before the arrival of Sigmar
I wonder what the other Everchosen would feel about that.
>>
>>43991100

It's from GW's site, softbacks of each of the narrative End Times books, no rules.
>>
>>43991491
So far im only seeing it on the NZ site, meaning its not going to show up in 'murica til tomorrow.

It's 215nz, but when I do an exchange rate, it comes to about 145usd. Even if its a little less than that, it comes to a very hard decision. I would love a collection of the fluff books because the rules mean jack all to me now, but this is still a very steep price
>>
>>43990838

>>Slaanesh turns out to be in disguise the whole time and is playing both sides of the field. Because it's fucking Slaanesh.
>>
>More chaos wank

Yawn, the more I try and get into AoS the more it fucks up.

I have an Army of Slayers and even the rumours of my army being made seems to sound like they'll just be enemies for Chaos to murderize.
>>
>>43991945
Be patient anon. I'm sure the new dwarf book will be full of chaos pasting. Besides. We know every book jerks off to itself and how great they are.
>>
>>43992470
This. The seraphon book even goes into detail like how the slann and tzeentch are pretty much playing a cosmic game of chess. How along with the eternals, they're the greatest weapon against chaos. It's kinda inspiring.

I'm really looking forward to the duardin battletome, and the next campaign book for that matter, if that rumor is true.
>>
ignore bait, post as normal

it'd been a while since I played some AoS, but my buddy said "hey, I want to play a game of AoS" so I hauled out a bunch of models and we had a throw-down, was super good in the end with one blood warrior standing holding the gem which he was trying to haul off the board
>>
>>43992663
Hmm, wrong thread? I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, bucko.
>>
>>43992744
nah it's spamming bait, flag post and move on
>>
>>43992731
Cool, did you guys do a custom scenario? How did you guys balance it out?
>>
>>43991639

$30 a piece for softback seems par for the course, my only concern would be whether these are the lore books in their entirety. GW did offer versions in soft back of the End Times book which had abridged lore, but I think that was a result of having to fit the rules in.
>>
>>43992768
So what does it go under? Rules violation or illegal content?
>>
>>43992773
it was pretty much just the relic from 40k's eternal war

I just eyeballed the forces, I took 48 wounds, gave him 48 wounds, then gave him a great-bray-shaman because my 8 wound monster was a deamon prince with wings and his was a korgorath
>>
>>43993045
Sounds about right. I like it. You are ahead of the curve when it comes to most of the naysayers and the "i honestly tried it and still think its terrible" idiots on this board.
>>
>>43993102
I was on board day one man, I've bought two starter boxes and seven battalion boxes since AoS came out, I never cared for 8th fantasy

Hell I was entirely out of the hobby because I didn't want to buy new rulebooks for 40k, aos gave me free rules and rekindled my love for rolling d6s and moving models around
>>
Somewhat better picture of the Gaunt Summoner
>>
>>43994089
Woah! Dorghar got an upgrade!
>>
>>43947489
>archaon gets his shit pushed in
>made into a demigod
>>
>>43994194
Welcome to the internet! You clearly haven't been here before!

lol, jest aside, yeah he did, and in the fluff they even refer to him as Dorghar. So archaon didn't get a new mount, his mount grew up! Granting full daemon status to the model. We've been discusiing it for a while now :)
>>
>>43994089
Now that I have a better picture of the model, I am more on board with it. Dem sum long horns on that sorcerer

You think they are just going to take the Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord warscroll and rename it?
>>
>>43993045
Glad to see you got in the spirit of the game, anon. Sounded like an enjoyable game for both sides.
>>
>>43993045
>I just eyeballed the forces, I took 48 wounds, gave him 48 wounds, then gave him a great-bray-shaman because my 8 wound monster was a deamon prince with wings and his was a korgorath
You see, people have a hard time getting this part. It's so hard for so many to leave old editions mindset.

We do wounds, then treating chaff units as half wounds. Then if something still seems lopsided, we go from there, but that's generally enough.

What are chaff units? Generally what was considered the cheapest core choice from its old army book would be chaff, depends though. Like ogres and stormcasts dont get any chaff units. Just depends.
>>
File: 1439241267254.jpg (100 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
1439241267254.jpg
100 KB, 600x509
>>43994916

After the possibility of pic related actually being based on a model, I'm hoping the Gaunt Summoner is it and the horns are either just the result of a paint job or an alternative head.
>>
>>43995549
I've been meaning to ask, where does this image come from? I've seen if before around here.
>>
File: Archaon (Power Overwelming.jpg (135 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (Power Overwelming.jpg
135 KB, 650x823
>>43995549
Archaon was gone full ANIME!
>>
Slaanesh story up for advent. will hopefully shed some light on Slaanesh in AoS
>>
>>43994764
Archaon defeated Sigmar and won the war in the World that Was. His enemies got their dung forced in, and he did it again in AoS.

Dude is simply Unstoppable!
>>
Battleplan: Monolith is available, supposed to interact with Path to Glory.

The Lords of Helstone audio CD is also available.

>Mannfred von Carstein leads his Stormcast allies into the deathly city of Helstone... What does he seek, and why does Lord-Celestant Tarsus feel a connection to the forsaken place?

>READ IT BECAUSE

The inevitable happens, and the Hallowed Knights' uneasy ally betrays them... or does he? And get more insights into Lord-Celestant Tarsus' past as he confronts memories. Could he be one of the long lost Lords of Helstone? And if so, what does that mean for his mission to find Nagash?

>THE STORY

The quest to find the Nine Gates that lead to the underworlds of Shyish and an audience with Nagash continues... Tarsus of the Hallowed Knights leads his Stormcast Eternals into the unearthly city of Helstone. Their enigmatic guide, Mannfred von Carstein, assures them that what they need to find his necromantic master lies within its halls, but there is more than darkness lurking in the ruins. Chaos has already taken root and a reckoning against the servants of the Plague God awaits.

>>43996424

Short AoS story called Eye of the Storm
>>
>>43997246
I read it

Stormcast kills the whole Slaanesh warband
Slaanesh warband leader laments that he cannot feel Slaanesh anymore
He laments how he cannot tell his warriors that Slaanesh awaits them after death
The story ends with saying that the now dying leader is as lost as his god

Basically it's a big fuck you to Slaanesh fanboys.
>>
Oh shit.

Nagash deduced that Sigmar is the one slowly killing him and robbing him of his power. He promises vengeance on Sigmar for his betrayal.

Will Sigmar's treachery ever end?
>>
>>43997495
Reminder that the Skele-pope deserved what he got after HE DID betray Sigmar
>>
>>43994089
Nice model, reminiscent of age of reckoning and Adrian Smith's contributions to tzeentch aesthetic
>>
>>43997652
Too bad the plastic look and the fact that GW doesn't seem to have much inventive for new things for tzeentch

It's just another disc after all
>>
>>43997652
>>43997665

Glad that it did turn out to be a model and that the illustration was close.

May just be another wizard on a disc, but at least the head is unique. Armor, staff, and dagger being somewhat subtly held back is nice too.
>>
File: Sigmar-Nagash diplomacy.jpg (457 KB, 1280x2730) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar-Nagash diplomacy.jpg
457 KB, 1280x2730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrhBI7s0_AQ
Emma teaches you how to paint a celestial vindicator's armour.

>>43997495
>>43997621
See filename.
>>
>>43997652
I like that he's floating above the disc's mouth, and will fall in and get eaten if he loses concentration/control. It's pretty fucked up, and appropriate to chaos.
>>
>>43997741

Good catch, that does feel really Tzeentch appropriate, particularly since I think there is precedent for Screamers resenting being turned into discs.
>>
>>43946550
New to AOS how do you balance and why are there no players other than me and my friend like is the game on hiatus or something
>>
>>43997833
You don't and because it's shit.
>>
File: birdhead-tzeentch-sorcerer.jpg (48 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
birdhead-tzeentch-sorcerer.jpg
48 KB, 400x474
>>43997652
>>43997665

>we will never get another birdman mcbird sorc ever again
>>
>Warlords of incredible power and menace in their own right, the Varanguard have grown into creatures of immense cruelty over many lifetimes of merciless slaughter and conquest. Each individual Varanguard has led countless campaigns across numberless centuries, having risen through the ranks of Chaos upon a fountain of blood - they command the respect of mortal lords and kings, Daemon Princes and Daemon Kings, for when they ride into battle, it is at the bidding of the Everchosen alone. Their allegiance lies solely with Archaon, and the Three-Eyed King understands perfectly how to use their massive killing capacity. Where the Varanguard ride, subjugation follows.

>they command the respect of mortal lords and kings, Daemon Princes and Daemon Kings

>Daemon Kings

Maybe Princes can be powerful again and the ultimate Chaos reward isn't being stuck as a shit tier monster?
>>
>>43980688
Remember - there are no rules about keeping your dorfs in Rank and File formations like that. Lets see your enemy maximize combat against THAT.
>>
File: The Enemies of Archaon.png (46 KB, 518x851) Image search: [Google]
The Enemies of Archaon.png
46 KB, 518x851
Ohhh....look at these three salty stooges.

When will they ever learn? Archaon cannot be defeated.
>>
File: Archaon vs Swigmar.png (3 MB, 1333x1262) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Swigmar.png
3 MB, 1333x1262
>>43997237
ANIIIIIIIIIIIME~
>>
File: The Varangurd.png (572 KB, 629x918) Image search: [Google]
The Varangurd.png
572 KB, 629x918
Eight circles of death and misery for all. Above them all, rules the Three Eyed King
>>
>>43998288
Although I don't play chaos, I like that archaon actually deserves some of his hype now. In oldhammer he was said to be the ultimate threat but he just sat on his throne in the north, not being very threatening at all. Now the ultimate threat in the setting is someone that actually kicks the shit out of everything that crosses him.
>>
File: The First Circle.png (20 KB, 549x330) Image search: [Google]
The First Circle.png
20 KB, 549x330
>Most feared of all, however, are the Swords of Chaos, an ancient order of warriors who are ever found at Archaon’s side, and have been, some say, since even before the Mortal Realms were born.

Whoop Whoop, the Swords of Chaos are back. To be honest, I am feeling a little spoiled.
>>
>>43985864

Dude, I play Death Wing in 40k and have done so for the last 15 years! I am "Loosing" incarnate! Had I played with a WAAC mindset, I would have to sell of my army and limited myself to a fraction of the options available in this game.

But I don't!
I play because I love my army, because I love how it looks on the battlefield, because I love the time and effort I put in to my miniatures to make them look the best of my ability. I play because I like having a few laughs with friends, and to enjoy the moment. Winning is a bonus to the game mechanics, but its the complete social experience that makes the hobby in my opinion.
>>
>>43997833
There are various ways to balance the game. I simple, but not perfect, way to balance is by wounds per side. Also many have reported good things using comp systems in OP's pastebin. It's up to you and a few other players, find what works best for you guys.
>>
>>43998288
He will if the plot demands it. Or instead of making him lose completely make him have a Pyrrhic victory.
>>
>>44000382
He's got a brand new shiny model, they won't kill him off. Ever.

I'd say it was possible if we were still talking about his old resin model, here. But this is GW, they speak in the language of model kits.

The models dictate the fluff, unfortunately.
>>
File: Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png (381 KB, 298x442) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png
381 KB, 298x442
>>44000657
>Archaon trudged through the black snow. His armoured boots were wrapped in the furs of some barb-skinned beast, the bony spines of which gave the warrior purchase across the frost and ice. The skies raged away above him, spitting and swirling like a ghostly, maddened creature, chasing its own tail. The armour of Morkar, First Everchosen of Chaos scalded his skin with its raw embrace. Archaon could not feel such pain. He wouldn’t allow it. The common miseries of existence were nothing to him now. With every step he took towards a doom of his own making, he became less of a man and more of an idea. An abstraction. A living misery for others to endure. He was not some character in a great tale told. He was the silence after the words. The covers of the tome slammed shut. The crackle of page and ink on the fire. He was the nevermore.

Archaon is no longer a man. What he has become can never be killed.

And he will not stop until all creation is cast into oblivion.
>>
>>44000976
>And he will not stop until all creation is cast into oblivion.
Including himself. If nothing can defeat him, we make him fight himself.
>>
Can someone please help me understand WHY Mannfred decided to end the world in End Times?

The incarnates had the doom vortex thing under control and then he decided to shank teclis thus destroying the world. Why would he do that? What was the point?

>>44001119
>>44000976
>And he will not stop until all creation is cast into oblivion.
I still dont get this. I dont see why Chaos wants to destroy everything, because I thought it was mortals who kept the Chaos gods alive and constant war/worship/disease/excess/etc is what gave them power.
If they keep destroying all the worlds like what happened to the old world in end times, who will power them? Why not just take over worlds to corrupt and rule them like in 40k?
>>
>>44001327
They have an infinite amount realities to destroy and it's not that they want(though they really want to) it's that they can't help themselves. Chaos has no restrain.
>>
>>44001327
Read the book/novel. It explains why he did it. He had no idea it will end with him fried to crisp and that the world will explode.
>>
>>43998277

With shield wall on the Warriors and rending, reliable shooting from the Thunderers, I've mushed most equivalent forces with this army. Tons of rerolls from being Dwarfs, Longbeards and battalion.
>>
So, Manfred at last teveal his true colours today...
>>
>>44002276
At this point it's going to be more of a plot twist if mannfred doesn't pull some sort of dick dastardly betrayal.
>>
>>44002276
Has this been linked anywhere?
>>
>>44002443

No
>>
>>44002276
A resume, please?
>>
>>44002276
No, it's a fake out. He hasn't betrayed them yet. They found the item that will lead them to Nagash's hideout
>>
>>44003293
Thanks, man.
>>
>>44003293
>yet
We still have one more part to go
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 750x1334
What do you guys think about this? Archaon, Varanguard, probably the Gaunt, what else will be included?
And a battleplan with a one-on-one with Nagash seems nice. And it'll be nice of them to actually put in some background for Archaon. Let's hope it's not just more variations of 'lel I destroy worlds'.
>>
>Age of Sigmar General

Why, /tg/? Why did you let this happen?
>>
>>44005579
Wut? We've had these since July, mate.
>>
>>44005858
Varanguard are almost double the size of the old knights, think more like lord-celestant on dracoth size per man.
That said, it doesn't condone the price for me either.
>>
>>44005858
They're not Knights, they're Varanguard.
They're "hero" type models, and come with the associated price tag. A Lord-Celestant is £20, three of these guys are £60.
>>
>9 Chaos knights for 300 USD
>3 Chaos knights for 100 USD
GW... please. Just try a little bit OK?

The new chaos knight models are really gorgeous but I don't know why they needed to be literally five times the price of the old knights.

I always liked the old knights.

>>44005903
>>44005933
I feel like buying some old knights and marauder horsemen now but I know they will just sit on my shelf
>>
File: 1447180451704.jpg (875 KB, 1569x1007) Image search: [Google]
1447180451704.jpg
875 KB, 1569x1007
>>44005858
>>8 Chaos knights for 300 USD
>>3 Chaos knights for 100 USD
>>
>>44005952
Old knights are still for sale, aren't they? And they've been used in enough photos that they're probably safe. If you like those older models, why not just get those instead?

Also, as has been said, the new stuff is monstrous cavalry sized. (Still considerably more expensive than most monstrous cavalry though.)
>>
>>44006680
they are, but I suspect production of them won't continue for long

the old knights and bikers are prized for 40k players as they fit nicely with space marines
>>
>>44007247
you talk as if GW is dropping plastic kits left and right. The seraphon repackaging proved that wrong. everyone thought the skinks would go the way of the dodo with it being such an old kit, but it's not

regular chaos knights i suspect will be here to stay because they are still a perfectly good kit. dont let your paranoia get the best of you. it's the metal and resin kits that are getting dropped, not most plastic kits (that one saurus hero was an exception because of how his base is, but again, that's an exception, not the rule)
>>
File: carnacwillbepleased.jpg (151 KB, 445x700) Image search: [Google]
carnacwillbepleased.jpg
151 KB, 445x700
Are you guys ready for all the carnac faggotry as he comes in to gloat?

>>43998288
>>
>Want to make a Fantasy army.
>Realize Fantasy is AoS
>Not sure how to feel about this
my FLGS is like 40% AoS 60% 40k, and I dont know. Finding people isnt a problem, but im not sure how the feel about the update due to all the critique it got. I just want to paint savage orc butts and throw 60 green nudist at my enemy.
Is AoS at least fun? How should I approach this?
>>
>>44007694
Yes. It is fun.

The following are the biggest complaints and reasons for all the AoS hate:
>killing off old world
>no points system
>super simplified rules

People that like it, like it because:
>super simplified rules
>loose force construction that allows you to field what you want
>new setting

Basically try it out with someone. Chances are they have a way to balance forces, like with their own comp system. Comply to that because comp systems are a great way to play it. The game favors narrative gaming.
>>
>>44007694
if the lack of points is uncomfortable, try talking to your opponent a bit before the game to ensure your army is roughly the same strength as theirs
>>
>>44007829
>>44007856
I mainly play 40k as Chaos Daemons, and considered that bases no longer matter I can try to play a game with some guys there as a first time attempt, I got a shit ton though so I don't know how to balance, I heard the guys use a wound system where each side as equal wounds, so Ill probably end up doing that. I think all the models I got in wounds is 141? So I should be good for that.
I'd still prefer to get a fantasy dedicated army, how are savage orcs? I really like the idea of throwing nudist at my enemy. I had the idea since there's no force organization I can get 2 squads of 20 savages and 2 squads of 10 savage boars, throw them forward and see what happens.
>>
>>44007694
Give it a shot, man. It's a good game, but takes the right attitude to play. Some hate on it because they keep comparing it to 8th edition, which you can't do. It's a completely different game, and a fun one. Play a couple games and try the way the others balance it out. Do this before you buy anything. It's try-before-you-buy. While the cost of entry for warhammer fantasy has been reduced significantly, the models can still be expensive.

So to answer your question, yes it is fun, and fielding a horde of naked greenskins would be hella fun in it.
>>
>>43998352

Seems more comic book or graphic novel than anime to me.

>>44001327

If I recall correctly, Mannfred went slinking to the service of Chaos after being freed by Belakor and his primary motivation was revenge, don't know if he really knew what he was doing or not. If he did he simply may not have cared because he figured that Nagash and everyone else would be going down too.

>>44005428

I think model wise that Archaon, the Varanguard, and the Gaunt Summoner will be it. Battalion wise you'll have The Swords of Chaos, Knights of Ruin, Bloodmarked Warband, Plaguetouched Warband, Fatesworn Warband, and Pleasurebound Warband.

>Archaon's Grand Host

Along with swathes of background material and history about Archaon and the triumphs of his armies, Battletome: Everchosen is also loaded with gaming material too, with a trio of battleplans detailing some of the Everchosen's most famous battles, and a swathe of warscroll battalions designed to recreate Archaon's Grand Host. These warscroll battalions are themed after the followers of the Dark Gods, with Bloodmarked, Plaguetouched, Fatesworn, and Pleasurebound Warbands. Each of these taps into the nature of the servants who worship that god - the Bloodmarked Warband is made of Khorne followers and favors units who pay homage to his sacred number and makes them more powerful the more foes they kill. Each of these is exciting, but their greatest appeal is when you combine these four warbands with the Everchosen's Overlords of Chaos to create Archaon's Grand Host - an unstoppable army to which the Daemons of Chaos flock like moths to a candle.

>>44005952

The Varanguard are simply elites, they're not replacements for Chaos Knights.
>>
>>44007948
>I think all the models I got in wounds is 141? So I should be good for that.
I'd test it with something lower, nicht get tiresome
>I'd still prefer to get a fantasy dedicated army, how are savage orcs? I really like the idea of throwing nudist at my enemy. I had the idea since there's no force organization I can get 2 squads of 20 savages and 2 squads of 10 savage boars, throw them forward and see what happens.
Savage orcs seem pretty good, you'll.also need a hero as your general
You could use the savage orc formation, which includes
Savage Boss
Savage Shaman
Savage Boar riders (one unit)
Savage orcs (three units)
>>
>>44008836
>nicht
*might
>>
>>44008836
Pay attention to this post. AoS is very much herohammer. Your battles tell the stories of your heroes, and said heroes, are what determine your synergy between units and playstyle.
>>
>>44001718
>>43998277

I meant to say "No rules against keeping", and I figured that Dwarfs still benefit from keeping in rank and file for a lot of their units, so long as they are not to deep, since they can actually win through attrition with ironbreakers, and it is kind of a pain for the enemy to maximize his combat models when your formation isn't giving him much room to play with.

Right now, I am torn with what I want to do with my 3 boxes of Hammerers/Longbeards. I don't know if I should do 20 Hammers, or 20 Longbeards. One one side, making sure I have the longbeards ability for longer is nice, but on the other I love how hammerers look, and they bring the pain.
>>
Bullshit? Or beleiveable?
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/672440.page

Confirmed
New Dwarves infantry - and new character model (Fire-Slayer King)
Chaos (Fantasy) gets new kits (Tzeentch focused).
1. New model for Kairos Fateweaver and Lord of Change (similar size to Bloodthirster with multiple options of a staff or strangely mutilated spear/sword)
Slaneesh products will be minimised - not sure if GW has decided to erase Slaneesh from the fluff entirely
Beastmen models to be discontinued by end of 2016
Brettonia also to be discontinued (no confirmed date)
New Elves unit

40k & 30k
Sanguinus model confirmed (Resembles AoS Celestant Prime but more badass with a Greater Daemon Carcass
New CSM book 179 pages
New plague marines (plastic, looks like 40k version of putrid blight kings)
New unit called plague wardens (?) Looks like nurgle centurions
Tzeentch LOC usable in 40k

There was also a possibility of bringing back a renewed version of an old Dwarf war machine with axes. Model design is apparently completed but no confirmations on release
>>
>>44010916

Sanguinius coming out in 2016 alone makes it bullshit. The next Primarch coming out is Corax followed by either Dorn or Alpharius. Furthermore, the book in which Sanguinius would likely get rules is one focused on Signus Prime, which hasn't been mentioned yet by FW. Next HH book is focused on a smattering of minor conflicts and the book after that on Prospero.
>>
>>44010916
Too late, already bought my slaneesh daemons army
Suck my dick, gw
>>
>>44010916
>bit about discontinuing models
That fucking retarded, they'll lose money and models, it's already been in the fluff for so long
>>
>>44011369
>>44010916
The discontinuation of beastmen I have a hard time believing. They have been mentioned in the fluff and novels several times. It doesn't seem likely they will drop the entire range because there's some fairly recent stuff in there.

The bretonians I do believe, however, because there has been no mention of them on the fluff at all.

Besides, the confirmed dwarf fyreslayer kit is a standard bearer and not a king, so that's another point against the rumor.

Why do people make up false rumors? I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>
>>44007588
It's not gloating if it's "I told you so". You refused to believe and now you pay the price for your lack of faith.

>>44008661
FULL Aniiiiiiiiiiiiiimeeeeee!
>>
>>44007588
I'm still making prayers to Sotek to deliver us from the cancer. Sotek is testing me.
>>
>>44013068
Yeah im excited too. Im totally interested in learning why archaon pussied out and didnt fight sigmar 1 on 1, because the face-off never happened.

Sigmar lost the battle, WHICH WE ALREADY KNEW, but archaon didnt punch him in the face. Why is that? Let's find out when the battletome drops...
>>
>>44014930
No matter how many times you lie, the writing is clear.

Sigmar is the one who pussied out and refused to meet Archaon in combat because he knew he cannot defeat Archaon in a straight up duel.

We can add Nagash and Gorkamorka to the multitudes of those who were blown out by Archaon too.
>>
I don't understand the lore of Age of Sigmar but everyone seems really into it. Is there a summary or an abstract anywhere?

The only thing I know is that Chaos brought the end of the world, and Sigmar reincarnated people into boring space marines.
>>
>>44015424
>everyone seems really into it

By everyone you mean 20 people?
>>
>>44015535
if they are having fun what is wrong with it?
>>
>>43997749
Wasn't that always the fluff though? I remember reading about the disk earinf the magnus back in Age of Reckoning, though I think they called it void shark or something to that effect
>>
>>44015569
Badwrongfun that is antithetical to goodrightfun.
>>
>>44015365
So much denial. Existence must be pain for you.
>>
>>44015672
Quit talking to yourself.

It's creepy.
>>
>>44015424

Part of why I think people are showing interest in AoS lore is because everything is essentially new, every tidbit of lore possibly reveals new things about the Mortal Realms, the armies that haven't been covered, and some of the story threads like what happened in the past and what is going on with Slaanesh.

>>44015587

I don't think it's a new thing since I vaguely recall the stuff about Screamers resenting being turned into discs and possibly going after their would be riders is from at least the 8th Edition Daemon army book. I really was just commenting on how the sculptor took that into account and how fitting it is for a Tzeentch themed model to have the possibility of betrayal present.
>>
>>44015862
Aren't the discs what they use to channel their power? They're more than just grotesque hoverboards.
>>
>>43947632
i think it a dick move when he switch to bow
>>
>>44016294
To be fair, nothing else worked.
>>
>>44010916
I know that the 40k part (the plague wardens) is for sure bullshit

The rest should be too given that
>>
>>44010916
Nah this is bullshit. They won't discontinue beastmen, they have featured in lots of fluff, art and photos and are mostly relatively new (2009?) plastics. Probably just a rebox like lizards.
>>
File: IMG_20151203_105235186_HDR.jpg (4 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_105235186_HDR.jpg
4 MB, 4320x2432
>>44015569

Nothing is wrong with AoS. Most people who enjoy it are just too busy playing it to waste their time arguing with the butthurt dickheads who make up a significant percentage of the people who DO post about it.

>>44010614

Well I always try to use battalion warscrolls for the buffs so in my case I would go with more Hammerers than Longbeards within the Dispossessed Clan Throng. I use a formation similar to this pic in pitched battles. I use shield Warriors to take charges since they get shield wall and bonuses to combat on your opponent's turn. Behind them I have Thunderers focusing down big threats with re-rollable hits and rend. Hammerers counter charge once enemy is already engaged so the don't get mobbed by multiple units. Lord and Longbeards are support and do pinpoint strikes where it's relatively safe.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.